PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Advice Selling OOTS Ornaments, maybe?

kthorne
2018-06-03, 11:31 AM
So, I have a new house. Built from the ground up. In the wilderness (kind of). I have no good way to store/display my OOTS ornaments, and right now, they are in a box, wrapped in paper towels.

I either have to find a way to display them [and find a place to put that display case], or sell them - because it is DRIVING ME INSANE!

How do YOU display your ornaments? Alternatively, is anyone interested in the full set of OOTS ornaments? If I sell them, I'll probably donate the proceeds to my local food shelter - unless there is an OOTS-favored charity that I'd split the monies with.

If this type of thread is prohibited, feel free to delete.

Algeh
2018-06-07, 05:12 AM
No comment on the selling part.

As for display, you could try running a ribbon across a room somewhere and hanging them from the ribbon. My mom used to have a set of glass ornaments hung up in her stairwell that way.

My grandmother has a high shelf going all the way around a room, and the shelf supports have little decorative loops on them, she hangs ornaments from them seasonally but keeps a few up all year.

Basically, if you have a high ceiling (or places where people won't walk underneath and hit their head on them), ornaments make good dangly things.

If you have a horizontally slatted closet door, that's also a good place to hang ornaments, but I've never seen one of those anywhere but my mother's house so probably everyone else got rid of them once the 70s were over.