PDA

View Full Version : Ledev Guardian (prc)

Caxton
2007-09-07, 07:01 PM
This is an idea for a new prestige class based on the order of Ledev in the Plane of Ravnica in Magic: the Gathering.

Ledev Guardian
They are the militant wing of Selesnya, the guardians of the roads and protectors of the defenseless. They are the Order of Ledev. The primary duty of the Ledev under the Guildpact is to protect the roads. The laws state that no guild may take control of the main roads or impede traffic in any way. The Ledev were founded to help enforce this important regulation. Over time, however, they have also become stalwart defenders of all things Selesnyan.
Ledev Guardians work both alone and in small units, and are usually found traveling the ends of the world. The way of Ledev is unity tempered by freedom, and the order represents perhaps the most independent branch of Selesnya. However, Ledev are fiercely devoted to their guild, and will protect it at any cost.
Hit Die: d10

Requirements
To qualify to be a Ledev Guardian, a character must meet the following criteria:
Alignment: Any Good
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Feats: Mounted Combat
Skills: Handle Animal 4 ranks
Guild: Selesnya

Class skills
A Ledev Guardians Class Skills are Balance, Climb, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (Nature), Ride, Sense Motive, Spot.
Skill points at each level: 2+Int Modifier

Class Features
Special Mount- At 1st level Ledev Guardians are granted a special mount by their superiors. This mount is usually a large wolf but can be a different land-based animal. The mount is unusually intelligent and absolutely loyal to its master. Ledev are expected to treat the mount as a partner, and tend to its every need. Ledev are NEVER granted a replacement mount if theirs dies. The death of such a mount is a huge dishonor and great tragedy for a Ledev. If the Ledev is a paladin, Ledev Guardian levels instead stack with Paladin levels to determine the abilities of the mount.

Power of Unity- Beginning at second level, the Ledev Guardian may call upon the power of the Song of Selesnya to heal wounds. This requires that the Ledev touch the recipient and heals 1d6 hp for every point of wisdom bonus the Ledev possesses (minimum 1d6). This may be done once per day for every 2 class levels.

Chosen of Selesnya- At 3rd level the Ledev Guardian may add his Charisma bonus (if any) to his saving throws. If the Ledev already possesses this ability from another class (such as Paladin) the bonuses do not stack.

Bonus Feat- At 7th level the Ledev Guarian gains a bonus feat. This feat must be selected from the following list: Mounted Archery, Ride-by attack, Trample, Spirited Charge, Great Fortitude, Improved Mounted Archery, Skill Focus (Ride).

Champion of Selesnya
Champion of Selesnya- At 10th level, a Ledev Guardian gains the ability to tap into the primal nature of the Song of Selesnya to enhance his physical prowess. As a swift action, the Ledev may invoke this power to gain +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, +4 Dexterity and 10 additional temporary HP. This effect lasts a number of rounds equal to the Ledev’s charisma modifier. This ability may only be used 1/day.

Ledev Guardian
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|Special Mount

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|Power of Unity 1/day

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|Chosen of Selesnya

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4|Power of Unity 2/day

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4|

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+5|Power of Unity 3/day

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+5|Bonus Feat

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+6|Power of Unity 4/day

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+6|

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+7|Power of Unity 5/day, Champion of Selesnya[/table]

SpiderKoopa
2007-09-08, 11:02 PM
Aw, I'm sorry no one's posted a critique of your prc Caxton.
It's probably cool though, as I can't really see any of us PC's taking this prestige class. :P

Draken
2007-09-08, 11:46 PM
It's an interesting class I would say. But i would consider 3 points:

1- 5° level, dead level. I, miself, think it could get something at this level, another bonus feat maybe?

2- 9° level. It says "class feature". Go fix it :smallbiggrin:

3- Champion of Selesnya: a nice capstone, but doesn't last much maybe you should make it last for 5+ car mod. rounds (5, in the case is 1/2 level). Also, specify that it can only be used 1/day. Munchkins are a nasty group.

Other than these, looks great. Even considering the fact that I just don't know anything about Ravnica.

DracoDei
2007-09-09, 01:37 AM
Given how much they are expected to care for the mount, I would say that some levels in Handle Animal (to be able to provide proper care) should be a pre-req. Also, does the mount get the same bonuses as a Paladin mount? Especially if not, then it is going to be hard keeping it alive at higher levels (everyone needs a Res. now and then once the Save-or-die stuff starts popping up).

Caxton
2007-09-09, 12:12 PM
Lol. Thanks for the advice. I don't know exactly how to get rid of the dead levels because I don't want the class to be overpowered. (on the other hand, I am inamous for my love of mounted combat) I SUPPOSE one more bonus feat might not be too bad though.

Draken
2007-09-09, 12:23 PM
What about this:

Give him the bonus feats on levels 5 and 9, and on level 7 give it the hability to cast Shield Other on the mount a number of times per day equal to Wisdow modifier.