PDA

View Full Version : Dragon's Den (Payers: Ravenkith, Arkol, Bchilders, Dorizzit, and Kyace



Pages : [1] 2 3

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-08, 08:55 AM
As the world goes dark, loud roars peirced the air. The war of the dragons began. The foul Tiamat relentlessly attacked he brother, Bahamut, with swarms of dragons, while fearsome Kobold's slaughtered entire cities at once. The air was alight with flames and smelled of brimstone. Dragons, chromatic and metallic alike, were brutally slain by each other. Millenia later, Bahamut, who was finally tiring of his eternal conflict with Tiamat, decided to hire the strongest mercinaries that he could find: Adventurers.

OK, the game has started, so allow me to tell you of your location. Remember to post dice rolls in the dice rolls thread.

You are in Bahamut's cave. You gaze in awe at its splendor and beauty. The smell of brimestone normally caused by dragon's breath is replaced by a divine smell that smells like everything good and pure in the world. Bahamut himself is overlooking your position. He is at a massive size with shining scales of brass, copper, gold, silver, and bronze. His servants, gigantic but not even half is size, are flying around bringing him food and offerings. However, there is a rumbling. Do you go to investigate?

Dorizzit
2007-09-08, 11:53 AM
2 questions: what direction is the rumbling coming from, and where is Denakai in relation to the others?

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-08, 12:38 PM
Everybody is next to Bahamut, and the rumbling is coming from the north.

Dorizzit
2007-09-08, 12:41 PM
Locally, or distantly?

ravenkith
2007-09-08, 12:43 PM
Kanus Teryn (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=21386) strides from the shadows, curious at the sounds coming from seemingly everywhere.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-08, 12:44 PM
They are all near each other.

Dorizzit
2007-09-08, 01:03 PM
Place holder? Also, let me see if I understand: We are all standing together, and there is a rumbling coming from nearby to the north.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-08, 01:34 PM
Yes. However, it doesn't feel like a normal earthquake. It seems to get more intense each time it occurs.

Dorizzit
2007-09-08, 02:36 PM
"What is that noise?" Denakai asks no one in particular, cocking his head to the side.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-08, 04:18 PM
The rumbling is shaking as hard as it can be. Everybody, make balance checks.

bchilders
2007-09-08, 09:25 PM
Balance: [roll0]

Rowan, slightly unsteady, looks around the room at the group of adventurers assembled. His mind wonders again how he is going work as part of a team. To get his mind off of worrying he looks up at Bahamut and asks, "My lord, do you know what is causing this disturbance?"

Kyace
2007-09-08, 09:34 PM
OOC: Balance check in dice rolling thread. Have we already talked with Bahamut? Did we just walk/teleport/fly in?

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-08, 10:06 PM
Bahamut teleported you all here.

Dorizzit
2007-09-09, 07:23 AM
Despite falling over flat on his behind, Denakai, ashamed of his lack of decorum, quickly rights himself and bends knee to Bahamut.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-09, 08:25 AM
(OK, so Denkai and Jowan are currently prone, but Rowan made the check. We need to see Kanus' and Arkol's character's rolls.

ravenkith
2007-09-09, 10:46 AM
Kanus struggles to keep his feet.

[roll0]

After falling to the ground, he gathers himself and casts overland flight, then causes himself to drift upward off the floor so as to be unaffected by further rumblings.

He then also casts greater mage armor, as he feels that somehow this will not end well.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-09, 12:09 PM
OK, all we need know is the roll of Arkol. Kanus and Rowan made the check, DC of 10, while Jowan and Denakai are prone this round.

arkol
2007-09-09, 01:34 PM
For the first momments Kamal can only stare in awe to the great dragon that stands before him. Even as the ground shakes around him he cannot divert his eyes from the great beast.

[roll0]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-09, 03:06 PM
OK.

As Kamal, Denkai, and Jowan fell to the ground, a fearsome group of dragon-like creatures bursts through the cave wall, bringing the smell of brimstone with them. One is a black-scaled demon with a rusty falichon. Another is a blue and yellow lizard with electricity crackling from its horn. The third resembles a green dragon, but has only two legs and razor-sharp wings. The fourth is a tall red beast with a staff that is alight with flames. The final one is a large dragon with shimmering scales. They boldly announce "Tiamat has sent us to finish these 'Legendary Heroes' sent by Bahamut. This shall be an easy job" However, as Bahamut's servants start to charge, Bahamut says in a booming voice "No, this might be our heroes' one chance to prove themselves. I need to see their prowess, in order to tell what kind of missions they will handle."

Rowan and Kanus, roll for initiative.

arkol
2007-09-09, 03:11 PM
(ooc: I'm a bit confused as to what exactly is going on...

On another note remember that I have my senses aura active so you get +2 to your initiative checks...)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-09, 03:42 PM
OOC: Quick Summary: Tiamat and Bahamut are at war, so Bahamut summoned you to help. However, Tiamat's minions, who were causing the shaking by pounding on the walls with all of their might, managed to break through the wall. Although some of you were knocked down, you will be able to rejoin the battle against them after this round.


|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|S|S|-|-|S|S|
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|S|S|-|-|S|S|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|A|-|-|-|D|-|-|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|
|_______________________________|

Kyace
2007-09-09, 04:09 PM
Jowan can only watch the conflict franically while he tries to untangle himself to met this threat.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-09, 04:20 PM
UPDATE: I added a poorly-made battle grid to make things easier in combat.

arkol
2007-09-09, 04:24 PM
(ooc: I assume the letters are our nicks and not our character's names right?

Don't we act anyway in this turn? Sure we prone so we need to get up but why don't we act now?)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-09, 04:27 PM
(OOC: Yes, they are your nicknames

Well, you could make another balance check to try and get up.)

arkol
2007-09-09, 04:36 PM
(ooc: Didn't we just fall down? We're prone right? Just a move action to get up correct?)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-09, 04:39 PM
Sorry, forgot about that. Yes, you can get up. However, you need to roll initiative before that to see if you can before your foe's C'oup De-Grace you. The highest initiative of thse is 22, so hopefully one of you can win initiative and distract it.

arkol
2007-09-09, 04:42 PM
(ooc: O_O we're not helpless..... )

[roll0]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-09, 04:46 PM
I know, but I just wanted to inform you about the insane initiative of some of these beasts.

arkol
2007-09-09, 04:47 PM
(ooc: I was just poiting out that in order to coup de grace someone, that someone must be helpless... which we're not...)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-09, 04:48 PM
Oh. I must have misread it. Sorry.

bchilders
2007-09-09, 06:04 PM
Initiative: [roll0] (+2 more for arkol's aura if I understand correctly)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-09, 06:07 PM
Now we need to wait for Dorizzit and Ravenkith.

Dorizzit
2007-09-09, 06:26 PM
Sorry about the wait: [roll0]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-09, 06:51 PM
Order:

Rowan: 25
Black Fiend: 22
Blue Fiend: 19
Kamal: 17
Green Fiend: 16
Kanus: 14
Red Fiend: 14
White Fiend: 14
Denakai: 12
Jowan: 9


As soon as Ravenkith posts, we can start the Epic Conflict.

|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|S|S|-|-|S|S|
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|S|S|-|-|S|S|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|.
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|A|-|-|-|D|-|-|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

ravenkith
2007-09-10, 08:36 AM
Initiative roll:

[roll0]

Kanus looks at the new arrivals from where he is hovering, and catches the byplay between Bahamut and his underlings with surprise.

"Well crap," the diminutive mage thinks to himself. "That's 31 different flavors of not good,"

bchilders
2007-09-10, 12:21 PM
Rowan sees that the odds are even so he targets the creature in front of him and lets out a string of arrows, hoping to show Bahamut his faith is well placed.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Attack 3: [roll2]

Damage 1: [roll3] and bane: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5] and bane: [roll6]
Damage 3: [roll7] and bane: [roll8]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-10, 02:35 PM
The lumbering black beast roars as the three arrows peirce his flesh. Regaining his composure, he and the blue beast run up to Denakai and Kamal. The black beast slashes Kamal with his sword as Denakai is gored. Although Denakai is hit by the beast crackling horn, Kamal swiftly ducks under the flailing Falichon.

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|S|S|-|-|S|S|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|S|S|-|-|S|S|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|.
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|A|-|-|-|D|-|-|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

Denakai loses 44 HP. Ouch.

Kamal's turn.

Dorizzit
2007-09-10, 03:16 PM
Denakai growls in pain as he is impaled upon the floor where he fell.

arkol
2007-09-10, 03:37 PM
(ooc: what's your maximum HP Dorizzit?)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-10, 04:15 PM
73 is his maximum.

Dorizzit
2007-09-10, 04:20 PM
OOC: So basically I need to drop this guy like a sack of potatoes or I'm dead.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-10, 04:21 PM
Well, as Arkol is going next, I'm sure he can get some Healing Mojo going.

Dorizzit
2007-09-10, 04:23 PM
OOC: Ideally he's looking at a certain half-dragon with a hole in his torso.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-10, 04:25 PM
At least he didn't get a critical. Then I would have to spin the wheel of lost body parts.

Dorizzit
2007-09-10, 04:28 PM
Oog. :smalleek:

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-10, 04:42 PM
Along with double damage, a critical hit would have me roll a d20 to see if a body part is lost. It'll make fighters better. Fumbles have similar effects.

1 (Miss)
2-5 (Arm) [Can't use 2-Handed weapons, Dual Wielding, Shields, or use items while holding a weapon.]
6-10 (Leg) [Halves movement speed and dex bonus]
11-15 (Eyes) [Blinds opponent, causing them to move in a direction rolled by a d8]
16-19 (Blood Vessel) [Causes them to bleed uncontrollablly, taking an extra d6 points of damage every turn]
20 (Head) [Roll a d20. If under 15, it instead hits the eyes, but for triple damage instead of double. If 15 or over, is an instant kill.]

Now for the Wheel of Fumbles

1 (Self-Impale) [Fatal, I pity the fool who rolls a one after a fumble]
2-5 (Weapon Loss) [Your weapon flies out of your hands.]
6-10 (Weapon Backfire) [Your weapon flies out of your hands and may hit a party member, unless they make a reflex saving throw to catch it]
11-15 (Trip) [You trip over your clumsy feet, falling prone for a turn]
15-19 (Counter) [You miss, and your opponent sucker-punches you in the gut.]
20 (Regain Composure) [Lucky! You hit your opponent after all.]

Dorizzit
2007-09-10, 05:05 PM
OOC: Interesting....I've seen similar, but that's different from anything else I've seen.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-10, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the compliments.

Kyace
2007-09-10, 05:16 PM
Along with double damage, a critical hit would have me roll a d20 to see if a body part is lost. It'll make fighters better. Fumbles have similar effects.
I don't suppose fighters would get to choose to not to both the crit table and the fumble table on their attack rolls? Monsters don't usually last long enough for
arms and legs to really matter and hurting (or killing) yourself and your teammates on rolls of 1 make me even more leery of using what little fighting ability I have.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-10, 05:45 PM
Actually, I think I will make it a primary fighter (Paladin, Duskblade, Knight, Fighter, Ranger, Barbarian) and monster-only ability, so you don't need to take it. Also, I'll change the list a bit. I am just trying to give people who's primary role is hitting stuff with a big sword a chance.

1 (Miss)
2-10 (Arm) [Can't use 2-Handed weapons, Dual Wielding, Shields, or use items while holding a weapon. Hits leg if enemy has no arms]
11-20 (Leg) [Halves movement speed and dex bonus]
21-30 (Eyes) [Blinds opponent, causing them to move in a direction rolled by a d8]
31-40 (Blood Vessel) [Causes them to bleed uncontrollablly, taking an extra d6 points of damage every turn]
41-50 (Stomach) [Sickens your opponent]
51-60 (Wing) [Prevents flying ability. If opponent doesn't have one, hits arm]
61-70 (Horn, Claws, or Spikes) [Sunders enemies random sharp body parts, can be a real stinger to enemies like Thunderlizards]
71-80 (Weapon) [Sunders a random weapon of the enemies. Hits horn if enemy is unarmed]
81-90 (Jaw) [Dislocates enemy jaw, giving a -1d10 penalty to bite checks.]
91-99 (Heart) [Causes enemy to fall prone for one turn.]
100 (Head) [Roll a d20. If under 15, it instead hits the eyes, but for triple damage instead of double. If 15 or over, is an instant kill.]

Now for the Wheel of Fumbles

1 (Self-Impale) [Roll a d20. If under 15, you die. If 15 or over, you regain your composure.]
2-10 (Weapon Loss) [Your weapon flies out of your hands.]
11-20 (Weapon Backfire) [Your weapon flies out of your hands and may hit a party member, unless they make a reflex saving throw to catch it]
21-30 (Trip) [You trip over your clumsy feet, falling prone for a turn]
31-40 (Counter) [You miss, and your opponent sucker-punches you in the gut.]
41-50 (Grab) [You miss, and the opponent starts a grapple as if he had the Improved Grapple feat]
51-60 (Stumble) [I roll a d8, and you move one square in that direction]
61-70 (Hop) [I roll a d8, and the enemy hops one square in that direction]
71-80 (Rage) [You miss, and you become enraged. Like a barbarian rage, but lasts for one turn.]
81-90 (Fatigue) [You become fatigued after a particularly cumbersome sword strike. Like rage, but with less benefits]
91-99 (Dizzy) [Spinning around after swinging your sword to hard, you move in a zig-zagged bastardization of your current path next turn.]
100 (Regain Composure) [Lucky! You hit your opponent after all.]

Dorizzit
2007-09-10, 06:09 PM
What if the opponent has no jaw (or at least bite attack)? Also, where's Arkol?

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-10, 06:29 PM
It hits the eyes.

Dorizzit
2007-09-10, 06:47 PM
Ah. _______

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-10, 06:51 PM
If it hit the head, that would be cheap. Same thing with the horn.

Dorizzit
2007-09-10, 07:47 PM
Ah. _________

arkol
2007-09-10, 08:55 PM
Kamal raises his shield high above his head and moves towards his comrade. As he does so he closes his eyes for a momemt. Just slightly more then a blink and suddenly something around him changes. Most of the ones present can't really sense it, but indeed something is slighly changes.

As he reaches Denakai he keeps his shield in position trying to ward both himself and the injured man and he places his hand on his should and suddenly his wounds seems to close.

Ok ooc this is exactly what I do. I move towards Denakai. Actually moving past him so I'm closer to the rest of the party (for future reference btw, Kamal will always try to position himself in the center so his aura can affect everyone), on the way he changes the senses aura to Toughness aura (meaning those affected by my aura have DR 2/magic), and as I reach Denakai I heal him for the exact amount of damage he took (reduced the daily total on the sheet) with touch of vitality.

Dorizzit
2007-09-11, 06:15 AM
"Thanks, friend." Denakai says, bracing himself against the ground.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-11, 02:11 PM
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|S|S|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|S|S|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|.
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|D|-|A|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

The green fiend slashes crazilly with one wing.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ravenkith
2007-09-11, 02:37 PM
Kanus flies upward 40 ft (move action), and immediately casts manyjaws.

The visible force manifestations of the spell fly outwards from him towards his chosen target, the white half-breed creature.

[roll0] Reflex DC 21 for half,
[roll1] (To beat SR if necessary).

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-12, 03:57 PM
What does Manyjaws do?

[roll0]

ravenkith
2007-09-12, 04:07 PM
Check your PM.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-12, 04:10 PM
OK.

[roll0]

ravenkith
2007-09-12, 04:15 PM
OK.

[roll0]

I, uh, already rolled damage. in my previous post. and everything.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-12, 04:22 PM
Oh. 43 damage? The white fiend falls, defeated. The red fiend casts a massive Fireball, dealing 8d6 damage (CL 8th.) Reflex save DC is 16

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|.
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|D|-|A|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

arkol
2007-09-12, 04:24 PM
Who exactly is the fireball targetting.... it can't possible target us all....

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-12, 04:30 PM
Jowan. The fireball's area is highlighted in red.

Kyace
2007-09-12, 04:46 PM
Jowan. The fireball's area is highlighted in red.

Jowan, the one where the K is on the map with the green fiend in front of him?

Or Rowan, the one with the red B on the map?

(Sorry, I swear I didn't know of bchilders' Rowan name when I named Jowan...)

Dorizzit
2007-09-12, 05:07 PM
My turn. Inhaling greatly, Denakai opens his jaws, releasing a devastating blast upon the beast in front of him. He then pulls his Longsword from its sheath, ready to do battle.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-12, 05:09 PM
Your roll didn't work.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Dorizzit
2007-09-12, 05:10 PM
Thanks. ___

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-12, 06:50 PM
No problem. However, the blue beast isn't dead yet. Jowan just needs a reflex save and an attack before we move on.

bchilders
2007-09-14, 05:14 PM
OOC: We are waiting for Jowan right? Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a typo and we were really waiting on Rowan (me)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-14, 06:24 PM
Jowan needs to go, and Rowan needs to roll.

bchilders
2007-09-14, 11:33 PM
Reflex save:
[roll0]

Kyace
2007-09-15, 01:30 AM
Casting Greater Mirror Image (Swift action)
For [roll0] mirror images.
Not casting defensively, hoping the images confuse the guy infront of me and my profiler site is down.
Casting Mass Whelm (Standard action)
Mass Whelm does [roll1] nonlethal damage, DC 20 Will save negates. (Should any of them happen to be humanoid or monsterous humanoid, the DC becomes 24 instead.)
Assuming the big baddy at my feet falls, I use my move action to stand, otherwise, I don't.

Dorizzit
2007-09-15, 06:08 AM
Um, despite action time, you can only cast one spell per turn.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-15, 09:07 AM
BChilders: You tumble away, only taking [roll0] points of damage (Unless you have Evasion)

Kyace
2007-09-15, 12:14 PM
Um, despite action time, you can only cast one spell per turn.

Not to say I'm always right but according to the text for quicken spell:

Quicken Spell [Metamagic]
Benefit
Casting a quickened spell is an swift action. You can perform another action, even casting another spell, in the same round as you cast a quickened spell. You may cast only one quickened spell per round. A spell whose casting time is more than 1 full round action cannot be quickened. A quickened spell uses up a spell slot four levels higher than the spellís actual level. Casting a quickened spell doesnít provoke an attack of opportunity.

Special
This feat canít be applied to any spell cast spontaneously (including sorcerer spells, bard spells, and cleric or druid spells cast spontaneously), since applying a metamagic feat to a spontaneously cast spell automatically increases the casting time to a full-round action.
It doesn't say that the metamagic is allowing you to break some rule to cast a swift and a standard action spell both at the same time so I assumed that if you had a swift action spell, you could cast it then cast a standard action one. If I am wrong, I will change but I'm not certain that I am.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-15, 06:24 PM
The blue beast falls to the ground, unconcious. Roll initiative.

Black Beast: 1d20+ 6
Green Beast: [roll0]
Red Beast: [roll1]

Kyace
2007-09-15, 07:13 PM
Roll initiative.
We don't use the same initiative count every round?

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-15, 07:36 PM
It makes more sense to me that initiative rolls are constantly switched.

Black Beast: [roll0]

Dorizzit
2007-09-15, 08:27 PM
Initiative: [roll0] Sweeeeeeeeet.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-15, 08:35 PM
Current Order

Green Beast
Dorizzit
Red Beast
Black Beast

arkol
2007-09-15, 08:59 PM
Under normal circunstances I would have no problem with rolling Ini every round.... It's not the standard method but it's not un-heard of and it even makes some sense.

However PbP is slow as it is.... this means we're taking twice as long... so I sugest using the normal initiative rules OR you just go ahed and roll initiative for everyone, baddies and PCs. Would speed up things quite a bit.

Either way he's Ini for this round:

[roll0]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-15, 09:14 PM
Green Beast
Dorizzit
Red Beast
Arkol
Black Beast

Kyace
2007-09-15, 09:25 PM
Green Beast
Dorizzit
Red Beast
Arkol
Black Beast
Init roll
[roll0]

Kyace
2007-09-15, 09:27 PM
Incidently, which beast is directly in front of my char and does he know if his spell hurt it?

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-15, 09:41 PM
The green beast is in front of you, so it isn't dead yet. Forget what I said about the blue beast.

BB In: 8

Green Beast
Dorizzit
Red Beast
Arkol
Kyace
Blue Beast
Black Beast


|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|.
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|D|-|A|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

Black Beast: About half HP
Blue Beast: Nearly Dead
Green Beast: One Quarter dead
Red Beast: Unharmed
White Beast: Dead

Kyace
2007-09-15, 09:52 PM
The green beast is in front of you, so it isn't dead yet. Forget what I said about the blue beast.

In that case, I cast hesitate on the green beast (immediate action).
It must make a DC 19 will save or it loses its standard action until it can make the save. Every round after its next (for a minute), it may retry its will save as a swift action.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-15, 09:57 PM
[roll0]

The will save

bchilders
2007-09-15, 10:44 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-16, 09:53 AM
Green Beast
Dorizzit
Red Beast
Arkol
BChilders
Kyace
Blue Beast
Black Beast

Waiting for Ravenkith to roll.

ravenkith
2007-09-16, 12:44 PM
[roll0]

Rollin dem bones

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-16, 02:09 PM
Green Beast
Dorizzit
Red Beast
Ravenkith
Arkol
BChilders
Kyace
Blue Beast
Black Beast

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|.
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|D|-|A|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

Black Beast: About half HP
Blue Beast: Nearly Dead
Green Beast: One Quarter dead
Red Beast: Unharmed
White Beast: Dead

The green beast slashes again at Jowan, dealing [roll0] damage

Attack: [roll1]

arkol
2007-09-16, 04:36 PM
(ooc: you roll damage before the to hit? o_O

Also have you been taking the aura into account? I activated the damage reduction aura.. if they're bypassing it it would be good to know...

@party: next time you post add your current and total hp so I can keep track of your health. After you post the first time I'll keep track myself.)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-16, 08:09 PM
OK. Its Dorizzit's turn. Also, the DR of 2 would make Jowan only take 17 damage, unless he wasn't hit.

I rolled the damage before the hit because if I didn't, it would be double posting. Editing a post with a roll destroys the roll.

arkol
2007-09-16, 08:18 PM
(ooc: lol I realized that OOTS... it's just that normally you roll the to hit first and teh damage next, even inside the same post. It doesn't really matter..... I just find it... odd. No biggie.)

Dorizzit
2007-09-16, 08:30 PM
Alright, Denakai stands, blade at the ready. With a mighty slash, he slices into his foe. Holy light pours from the blade, and you hear the sound of a dragon roaring against the backdrop of a volcanic eruption as he does so.

Attacks 1 and 2: [roll]1d20+8

Damage 1 and 2: [roll1] [roll2]

Dorizzit
2007-09-16, 08:33 PM
screwed up second attack roll:
[roll0]

arkol
2007-09-16, 08:36 PM
(ooc: Dorizzit your current and total hp please...)

Kyace
2007-09-16, 10:10 PM
The green beast slashes again at Jowan, dealing ...
That will save it failed means it can only use its move action not its standard action...

Edit: Assuming it can't attack as a move action, my current HP is 39 and my max is 51.

Dorizzit
2007-09-17, 05:24 AM
73. _____________

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-17, 05:13 PM
Green Beast
Dorizzit
Red Beast
Arkol
Kyace
Blue Beast
Black Beast


|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|.
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|D|-|A|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

The swords glance off the beast's armor. He's pissed. The red beast then launches a mighty fireball at Denakai.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Dorizzit
2007-09-17, 05:21 PM
Dammit, no reflex save, I assume (not that it would make much difference).

Edit: HP 48.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-17, 05:27 PM
SOrry, I forgot to put that. There IS a reflex save.

Dorizzit
2007-09-17, 05:38 PM
[roll0] Anyone else noticing the Dice Roller hating me?

arkol
2007-09-17, 05:39 PM
(ooc: waiting for him to roll the reflex... remember the aura. Also Im likely using divine healing to give everyone fast healing 3 for lots of rounds....)

(ooc: I still don't know the current/total HP of everyone.... and I'm not even sure of everyone's names...)

Kamal, Dragon Shaman

You see the large human closing his eyes and apparently concentrating on something. You don't feel anything different at first but all your wounds start to heal slowly.

(ooc: spend a use of turning undead (as a full round action) to give all you guys (and myself even if I don't need it for now) fast healing 3 for 8 rounds. So remember for the next 8 rounds everytime you start your turn you heal 3hp.)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-17, 05:42 PM
Arkol's turn. I reccomend that you also smite that pesky blue dragon before it eats Dorizzit.

arkol
2007-09-17, 06:00 PM
(ooc: I edited my move on the previous post. I'm not really a basher or combat as a cleric can be so I just healed. I'm sure D will be alright... even if we have to pull him from Blue's belly :smallwink: )

Dorizzit
2007-09-17, 06:09 PM
Hey, normally I'd be killing this thing. I rolled a four and a three to hit it.

arkol
2007-09-17, 06:11 PM
(ooc: I know, I know.... I on the other hand can't do much about it :smallbiggrin: )

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-17, 06:16 PM
Kyace's turn.

Kyace
2007-09-17, 07:11 PM
Jowan (To clear up misunderstandings, lets just call him Jon in the future, that better?) still laying on the ground, tries to buy his sudden teammates time.

Jon casts Friend to Foe on the far furthest left dragons. He doesn't cast defensively, hoping the 6 mirror images revolving around him protect him.

Will Save 22 unless either are humanoid or monsterous humanoid then its 26.

Edit: The spell, on page 114 of PHB2, if they fail the save, causes them to attack their closest ally until they deal damage, at which time the spell ends for them.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-17, 08:17 PM
Green Beast
Dorizzit
Red Beast
Ravenkith
Arkol
BChilders
Kyace
Blue Beast
Black Beast

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|.
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|S|S|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|D|-|A|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

OK< we have a bit of a mishap. BCHilders and Ravenkith need to go.

bchilders
2007-09-18, 03:36 PM
Quiet and deadly Rowan notches three more arrows and lets loose in rapd succesion.
(I assume I'm attacking the same one as last time...I'm confused as to which one is which on your map)

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Attack 3: [roll2]

Damage 1: [roll3] bane: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5] bane: [roll6]
Damage 3: [roll7] bane: [roll8]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-18, 04:09 PM
You last shot at the black dragonspawn.

He falls on the floor, dead as a doornail. Yay! The blue beast is affected by Arkol's mind control, saving Dorizzit. Ravenkith needs to make his move.

arkol
2007-09-18, 04:14 PM
(ooc: Arkol's mind control? o_O)

Dorizzit
2007-09-18, 04:41 PM
Denakai mutters something under his breath about the nervousness of fighting in front of his lord throwing off his ability to fight.

ravenkith
2007-09-18, 04:51 PM
I will target the blue one with my spell, as I concentrate to maintain it.

Damage this round [roll0]
SR this round [roll1]

(Reflex 21 for 1/2)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-18, 06:59 PM
I meant Kyace's.

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|.
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|D|-|A|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

[roll0]

The creature dies due to the biting jaws.

Green Beast
Dorizzit
Red Beast
Ravenkith
Arkol
BChilders
Kyace

arkol
2007-09-18, 07:41 PM
Kamal once again mvoes to Denakai and rests his hand on his shoulder, healing most of his wounds.

(ooc: not exactly sure how much healing you need. I use enough to leave him at his max-9. Let me know how much is that D. Remember you will heal another 3 at the start of your turn.)

Dorizzit
2007-09-18, 08:09 PM
I was 48 out of 73. "Thanks, friend." Denakai says in a mortified tone, ridiculous-looking coming out of a seven foot tall half-dragon knight.

arkol
2007-09-18, 08:12 PM
(ooc: ARG! This is so confusing... I thoguht you had taken damage again.... can we make an OOC thread? and keep this one completly IC?)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-19, 06:57 PM
(ooc: Arkol, please wait your turn, Arkol. The next player to go is Dorizzit.

The green creature flies over to Ravenkith and slashes at him, as his Manyjaws slain most of his comrades.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dorizzit
2007-09-19, 07:04 PM
Denakai charges at the Red Fiend (or whichever one is hanging back on the grid)

Attack and Damage 1: [roll0] [roll1] and holy [roll2]

Attack and Damage 2: [roll3] [roll4] and holy [roll5]

arkol
2007-09-19, 07:05 PM
Green Beast
Dorizzit
Red Beast
Ravenkith
Arkol
BChilders
Kyace


I thought this was the ini order? And ravenkith had just played making me the next one?

We NEED an OOC thread!

Dorizzit
2007-09-19, 07:08 PM
Um...oops? Yeah, an OOC thread would be quite helpful.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-19, 07:21 PM
That was the order. Due to a mis-understanding, Bchilders and Ravenkith were skipped last time and went last.

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|.
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|D|-|A|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

Denakai peirces the beasts flesh, leaving it at half HP.

Green Beast
Dorizzit
Red Beast
Ravenkith
Arkol
BChilders
Kyace

arkol
2007-09-19, 07:32 PM
(ooc: so who's turn is it?)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-19, 07:39 PM
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|.
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|D|-|A|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

The red beast shoots scorching rays at Arkol, trying to stop the healer.

1d20+10
1d20+10

(4d6+10)[26]
(4d6+10)[22]

Ravenkith goes next, then you heal Denakai, and then Bchilders and Kyace make their moves.

arkol
2007-09-19, 08:07 PM
(ooc: *sigh* scorching rays are as the name implys... rays. As such they do need a to hit roll. Sure it ignores all my armor but you never know... natural ones do happen..)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-19, 08:27 PM
The rolls got messed up. Sorry.

[roll0]
[roll1]

arkol
2007-09-19, 09:04 PM
(ooc: sigh... this is becoming a bit annoying.... why is the damage of the scorching rays 4d6+10? Why do that 4d6+10 doesn't show as a roll but rather as
simple text? You realize that when you're posting the rolls show up as [roll0] and [roll1]. I'm starting to have really BIG doubts about your ability to DM a game OOTS....:smallannoyed: )

ravenkith
2007-09-20, 08:37 AM
OOC: Hey, Arkol, crap happens. No need to get insulting, simply post corrections to any mistakes you catch.

OOTS seems like he needs a little help, perhaps a little more familiarity with the rules, but really, the best way to get that is through playing, as things come up, from more experienced players.

OOTS, I would recommend this (http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm) site to you. It has all of the rules contained in the PHB and DMG in hypertext format, complete with a search engine to make things easy to look up on the fly, even when you don't have your books handy.

After all, everyone has to start somewhere...and it's possible that OOTS is ESL, and working from a foreign language set of the rules, among other things. <shrug>.

Am fixing my char sheets thanks to the hack at TTW - will post character actions as soon as I can

arkol
2007-09-20, 08:40 AM
(ooc: you're right and I'm sorry. I just feel that you should be a little more.... familiar with the rules before trying to DM something..... but the fact that he didn't roleld but actually wrote those rolls worries me greatly...)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-20, 04:07 PM
I used the dice roll, and then realized the 1d20 didn't work. I tried to re-roll it, copying and pasting the rolls so that they weren't erased, but that plan failed too when the new rolls didn't roll. I have the core rulebooks and some other monster books, but I never knew about this site's dice roller untill about a week ago. This may be why I seem n00bish. If this is why, I'm sorry.

arkol
2007-09-20, 04:13 PM
(ooc: the 2 rays hitted me... I still need to know how much damage I'm taking..)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-20, 04:16 PM
26+22=58. You are taking 58 damage.

arkol
2007-09-20, 04:25 PM
(ooc: I belive you missed the part where I said that scroching rays deal 4d6 not 4d6+10.... And I really don't see how is it possible that each ray deals +10 damage....)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-20, 04:29 PM
Oh yeah. Then you only take 38 damage.

arkol
2007-09-20, 04:44 PM
(ooc: I made an ooc trhead here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3222754#post3222754) for all of us. I hope it helps.)

Kamal current health: 66/101

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-20, 05:42 PM
Unless you change your previous move, its Bchilder's turn.

arkol
2007-09-20, 06:53 PM
(ooc: nah, I'm good.)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-20, 07:14 PM
OK. Bchilder's turn.

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|D|-|-|-|-|-|.
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|A|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

bchilders
2007-09-20, 07:58 PM
Targeting closest one to me.

Three more arrows...fast and effecient.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Attack 3: [roll2]

Damage 1: [roll3] bane: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5] bane: [roll6]
Damage 3: [roll7] bane: [roll8]

Kyace
2007-09-20, 09:01 PM
While waiting on the result of the arrow strikes, I'd like to make an Knowledge Aranca (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/knowledge.htm) check to see if I know what the rest thingy is. See dice rolling thread.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-22, 01:14 PM
BChilders: Another kill for Jowan! The spellcasting beast drops to the floor, slain.

Kyace: Your target is dead, so would you like to identify the green beast?

Kyace
2007-09-22, 01:19 PM
BChilders: Another kill for Jowan! The spellcasting beast drops to the floor, slain.

Kyace: Your target is dead, so would you like to identify the green beast?
I guess... if my roll was high enough.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-22, 02:06 PM
You identify it as a Razorwing Greenspawn. It attacks with sharp wing slices and looks more dragon that human. After you make a move, it is Ravenkith's turn, which was delayed due to hacked character sheets.

(Hint to Ravenkith: Use Manyjaws)

Kyace
2007-09-22, 04:03 PM
You identify it as a Razorwing Greenspawn. It attacks with sharp wing slices and looks more dragon that human. After you make a move, it is Ravenkith's turn, which was delayed due to hacked character sheets.
Ok, I'll ask flat out, is it a humanoid, monsterous humanoid, magical beast or dragon? With my feats and my spells, it is sort of important.

ravenkith
2007-09-22, 04:05 PM
alrighthere goes: splitting the jaws amongst the two targets:

[roll0]
[roll1] on #1
[roll2] on #2

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-22, 06:41 PM
The red beast is dead, so reroll for 10d6 points of damage. The Greenspawn is a magical beast.

Kyace
2007-09-22, 06:44 PM
The red beast is dead, so reroll for 10d6 points of damage. The Greenspawn is a magical beast.
5d6+5d6 is the same as 10d6.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-22, 06:54 PM
Well, I want to give him a second chance to roll due to a misunderstanding. When Arkol made his move early, I gave him the option to keep his move or change it.

Kyace
2007-09-22, 06:56 PM
Well, I want to give him a second chance to roll due to a misunderstanding. When Arkol made his move early, I gave him the option to keep his move or change it.

Ok, cool. I guess I'll go after him...

ravenkith
2007-09-23, 10:03 AM
here's the damage reroll for the single target.....

[roll0]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-23, 10:38 AM
OK, it is Kyace's turn.

Kyace
2007-09-23, 04:12 PM
OK, it is Kyace's turn.
Using Swift action to add another mirror image, so that there are now 7 mirror images.
Casting Whelm on the remaining monster.
Must make DC 18 Will save or take [roll0] nonlethal damage.
My attacking breaks the hesitate spell so monster can take standard actions again.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-23, 06:43 PM
It succumbs to your mental prowess and loses some HP. Adding to the previous hits against it, it is down to 1/4 of its HP.

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|D|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|A|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

Dorizzit
2007-09-24, 06:54 PM
Whose turn is it?

Kyace
2007-09-24, 07:15 PM
Green Beast
Dorizzit
Red Beast
Ravenkith
Arkol
BChilders
Kyace

It would appear that we've reached the end of the round and I think we're supposed to roll init again...

ravenkith
2007-09-24, 10:21 PM
Initiative:
[roll0]

If there is a target remaining, I will concentrate further on manyjaws.
Damage:
[roll1]
vs. SR:
[roll2]

Kyace
2007-09-24, 10:26 PM
[roll0]
Hopefully this turn I'll be able to actually stand up.

arkol
2007-09-24, 10:30 PM
..........[roll0]

Dorizzit
2007-09-25, 05:40 AM
Initiative [roll0]

bchilders
2007-09-25, 12:19 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-25, 04:28 PM
Bchilders
Ravenkith
Dorizzit
Arkol
Greenspawn
Kyace

(1d20+7)[11](Has been copied and pasted from original post)

Bchilder's turn.

Kyace
2007-09-25, 04:35 PM
The PC in me is sad to say this, but I rolled a 10 on the init check so I should technically be last.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-25, 04:48 PM
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|D|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|S|S|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|A|-|-|K|-|-|B|-|-|-|R|

SOrry about that. Also, I forgot the map.

Kyace
2007-09-25, 04:59 PM
Hey, the mistake was in my favor, just figured I'd take a page from Bagger Vance and call the penalty on myself. :) I still find it funny that I've spent the whole fight prone but can't get up because of the AoO it'd provoke.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-25, 05:26 PM
Yep. Sorry 'bout sicking that greenspawn on you.

bchilders
2007-09-26, 02:27 PM
Rowan concentrates on his next shots hoping to finish this swiftly.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Attack 3: [roll2]

Damage 1: [roll]1d8+5) bane: [roll3]
Damage 2: [roll]1d8+5) bane: [roll4]
Damage 3: [roll]1d8+5) bane: [roll5]

bchilders
2007-09-26, 02:29 PM
sorry for problem with damage

roll to confirm crit: [roll0]

Damage 1: [roll1]
Damage 2: [roll2]
Damage 3: [roll3]

Crit damage:
Damage: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

EDIT: Does bane damage get multiplied in a critical? I'm away from my books so I was just wondering

Dorizzit
2007-09-26, 02:45 PM
No, I don't think so.

arkol
2007-09-26, 02:45 PM
(ooc: bane doesn't get multiplied)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-26, 04:04 PM
1 (Miss)
2-10 (Arm) [Can't use 2-Handed weapons, Dual Wielding, Shields, or use items while holding a weapon. Hits leg if enemy has no arms]
11-20 (Leg) [Halves movement speed and dex bonus]
21-30 (Eyes) [Blinds opponent, causing them to move in a direction rolled by a d8]
31-40 (Blood Vessel) [Causes them to bleed uncontrollablly, taking an extra d6 points of damage every turn]
41-50 (Stomach) [Sickens your opponent]
51-60 (Wing) [Prevents flying ability. If opponent doesn't have one, hits arm]
61-70 (Horn, Claws, or Spikes) [Sunders enemies random sharp body parts, can be a real stinger to enemies like Thunderlizards]
71-80 (Weapon) [Sunders a random weapon of the enemies. Hits horn if enemy is unarmed]
81-90 (Jaw) [Dislocates enemy jaw, giving a -1d10 penalty to bite checks.]
91-99 (Heart) [Causes enemy to fall prone for one turn.]
100 (Head) [Roll a d20. If under 15, it instead hits the eyes, but for triple damage instead of double. If 15 or over, is an instant kill.]

Now for the Wheel of Fumbles

1 (Self-Impale) [Roll a d20. If under 15, you die. If 15 or over, you regain your composure.]
2-10 (Weapon Loss) [Your weapon flies out of your hands.]
11-20 (Weapon Backfire) [Your weapon flies out of your hands and may hit a party member, unless they make a reflex saving throw to catch it]
21-30 (Trip) [You trip over your clumsy feet, falling prone for a turn]
31-40 (Counter) [You miss, and your opponent sucker-punches you in the gut.]
41-50 (Grab) [You miss, and the opponent starts a grapple as if he had the Improved Grapple feat]
51-60 (Stumble) [I roll a d8, and you move one square in that direction]
61-70 (Hop) [I roll a d8, and the enemy hops one square in that direction]
71-80 (Rage) [You miss, and you become enraged. Like a barbarian rage, but lasts for one turn.]
81-90 (Fatigue) [You become fatigued after a particularly cumbersome sword strike. Like rage, but with less benefits]
91-99 (Dizzy) [Spinning around after swinging your sword to hard, you move in a zig-zagged bastardization of your current path next turn.]
100 (Regain Composure) [Lucky! You hit your opponent after all.]

Lucky Bchilders! He slayed his enemy and gets that satisfaction of impaling it's vital organs.

(1d100)[67] The winged beast loses its horns as a stray bullet from Rowan shatters it. Would anybody like to take trophies from the defeated beasts?

Kyace
2007-09-26, 04:17 PM
Are you asking if we'd like to take dragon skin to make into armor in front of the God of the good dragons? :P

ravenkith
2007-09-26, 04:18 PM
Uh...I'm not personally planning on carving up part-dragons (even evil ones) in front of Baphomet.

I'm not that dumb. :smallbiggrin:

bchilders
2007-09-26, 05:56 PM
Any of them wearing any items of worth?

Search: [roll0] +5 if I get my bonus against dragons

Kyace
2007-09-26, 06:05 PM
I stand up (Hurray!) and also search the beasts.
[roll0]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-26, 07:06 PM
Answer: Bahamut knows that the dragonspawn are not dragons, but foul mockeries.

Kyace and Bchilders: You see an oil of magic weapon, a potion of cure moderate wounds, 2 potions of invisibility, a potion of jump, a potion of pass without trace, and a potion of protection from good in the black beast's pocket, with a falichon in his hand and thick, leathery skin that I would treat as +2 mithril scale mail (Would that give it -2 to ACP, +2 to dex, and treat it as light?)

The blue beast has no items, but has thick armor that I would treat as +2 mithril Banded Mail (See above question) and a huge horn that could possibly be fashioned into a weapon.

The greenspawn has no items either, but has wingblades that could serve well as weapons and armor that would be about a +2 Mithril Scale Mail.

The red beast has a spellbook with these spells: FIreball, Melf's Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray, Burning Hands, Megic Missile, True Strike, Magic Missile, Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Ray of Frost, and Touch of Fatigue. He also has a potion of cure moderate wounds and a potion of +3 Shield of Faith. He also has a masterwork heavy mace and armor that I would rule as a +2 mithril leather outfit.

Finally, the portly white beast has no items, but some thick armor that I would rule as a +2 mithril chain shirt.

bchilders
2007-09-28, 03:09 PM
OOC: Do we already know what all of this is?

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-28, 04:07 PM
You don't know the armor and potion's qualities. You need to roll a Knowledge(Arcana) check.

Kyace
2007-09-29, 01:17 AM
You don't know the armor and potion's qualities. You need to roll a Knowledge(Arcana) check.
I have 13 ranks in knowledge(Arcana) and an int bonus of +7 for a modifier of +20 before I even roll. If I take 10, that gives me a result of 30 on Knowledge(Arcana) checks. Is that high enough? If so, I quickly point out the magic items for my teammates.

What mithral does:

Most mithral armors are one category lighter than normal for purposes of movement and other limitations. Heavy armors are treated as medium, and medium armors are treated as light, but light armors are still treated as light. Spell failure chances for armors and shields made from mithral are decreased by 10%, maximum Dexterity bonus is increased by 2, and armor check penalties are lessened by 3 (to a minimum of 0).


By Raw, we don't normally learn all that that quickly, usually it takes a detect magic to just ID what which items are magic and a Spellcraft check what school of magic. (which I was honestly preparing to do both... Incidentally I also can take 10 for a result of 30 on spellcraft checks too...)

To normally learn the exact properties, one usually has to either have the cleric (hopefully) or wizard/sorcerer cast identify on the item. Normally, it takes an hour per item to cast identify (and I'm not even sure any of us can cast it...).

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-29, 09:08 AM
OK, you learn that the items are magic. Would you like to cast Identify (The roll was a 30 for if they were magic.)

ravenkith
2007-09-30, 10:42 AM
Kanus lands by the big B, not worried about the loot. He doesn't dismiss his spells, but rather leaves them running.

"What now, Mi'lord?" he asks.

Dorizzit
2007-09-30, 11:25 AM
Denekai likewise kneels to Bahamut.

"What would you have us do?"

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-30, 12:30 PM
Bahamut says "Humans all over the world are being hunted down. However, I won't force you to go on specific tasks. Rather, there will be certain "missions" that tell of areas being plagued. They range from easy to hard, so be careful of your choices.

Easy

2 Redspawn Arcaniss came into a noble city riding upon their Firebelchers. Defeat them before they destroy the town

A trio of very young black dragons are terrorizing a town of Bahamut-supporting Kobolds. Without letting them squah the commoners, try to vanquish these dragons.

A young adult white dragon and his hordlings have settled into a cave full of silver dragon hatchlings. Don't let him extinguish the tribe.

Challenging

A juvenile green dragon has begin poisoning the lake that a tribe of kobolds drink from. Slaughter this menace.

Some Greenspawn Sneaks have inhabited a tunnel which serves as a common trade route. Watch out for various gizmos as you take out their leader.

Difficult

An angry mob of kobolds are trying to overrun a nest of golden dragons. Stop them, with help from the wyrmlings.

Dorizzit
2007-09-30, 12:48 PM
"I vote for the last one."

arkol
2007-09-30, 01:14 PM
Kamal

Bowing his head and speaking for the first time since they got here Kamal says:

"From a diplomatic point of view saving those Kobolds could prove to be usefull....."

bchilders
2007-09-30, 02:22 PM
"I'll go wherever it is decided, but I would rather we go with haste. I hate to tarry when people are in need," with this Rowan looks around the group wondering who will take the mantle of leadership upon themselves.

He also looks up to Bahamut and says, "Milord is there anyone in your service who could identify what these items are? They might be of use to us in our travels."

OOTS_Rules.
2007-09-30, 06:21 PM
Bahamut says "Yes" and sends a Goldspawn Arcaniss (A Redspawn except with different fluff, alignment, and spells) comes and casts Identify. Decide amongst yourselves which quest to undertake while he identifies the items.

Edit: New tasks, this time puzzle ones.

Easy

2 Redspawn Arcaniss came into a noble city riding upon their Firebelchers. Defeat them before they destroy the town

A trio of very young black dragons are terrorizing a town of Bahamut-supporting Kobolds. Without letting them squah the commoners, try to vanquish these dragons.

A young adult white dragon and his hordlings have settled into a cave full of silver dragon hatchlings. Don't let him extinguish the tribe.

Challenging

A juvenile green dragon has begin poisoning the lake that a tribe of kobolds drink from. Slaughter this menace.

Some Greenspawn Sneaks have inhabited a tunnel which serves as a common trade route. Watch out for various gizmos as you take out their leader.

Tiamat has her Arcaniss summon a huge Sphinx. Before he destroys the town, you must discover his one weakness: Answering his riddles.

Difficult

An angry mob of kobolds (with class levels) are trying to overrun a nest of golden dragons. Stop them, with help from the wyrmlings.

Tiamat has hidden a powerful artifact that belongs to the king of kobolds, Tucker. Get it back from the maze that she has banished it to.

An epic Redspawn Arcaniss sacrificed itself in order to summon a magical wall block the path between two allied kingdoms, kobolds and humans. Crack its five-part code to blow it to smithereens.

ravenkith
2007-10-01, 08:12 AM
"Hey, Let's get the easy ones out of the way first, since they'll be the fastest to complete, neh?" says Kanus.

Dorizzit
2007-10-01, 09:54 AM
"I guess that would work."

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-01, 04:44 PM
OK, which quest do you want to undertake first?


2 Redspawn Arcaniss came into a noble city riding upon their Firebelchers. Defeat them before they destroy the town

A trio of very young black dragons are terrorizing a town of Bahamut-supporting Kobolds. Without letting them squah the commoners, try to vanquish these dragons.

A young adult white dragon and his hordlings have settled into a cave full of silver dragon hatchlings. Don't let him extinguish the tribe.

Dorizzit
2007-10-01, 04:46 PM
"My vote is cast that we battle the Arcaniss. Their magics could be very hazardous if left for too long."

ravenkith
2007-10-01, 04:54 PM
*Nods* "I concur"

bchilders
2007-10-01, 08:13 PM
"Sounds good to me."

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-01, 08:29 PM
Bahamut nods and says "OK, it looks like you will undergo combat against some Redspawn. The redspawn are near the close-by kingom of Argenardon, in the city of Caritisan"

As you enter the city, you are mystified by its antique beauty. It is a simple town with small thatched-roof cottages that lay shadows around the town, there are mystifing gardens full of herbs, probsbly for potion brewing. Some of the gently rippling lakes seem to have a curious red grass bordering them, about 2 inches thick. However, the redspawn are in hiding. Ask around the town about suspicious happenings (Gather Information) and cast spot in suspicious areas.
Gray: Shadow
Blue: Lake

-----[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
----[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
---[-][C][C][C][C][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][C][C][C][C][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][C][C][C][C][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][C][D][C][C][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][C][C][C][C][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][C][C][C][C][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][C][C][C][C][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][C][C][C][C][-][-][-][-][-]
---[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][C][D][C][C][-][-][-][-]
----[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
-----[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]

Kyace
2007-10-02, 02:14 AM
Is this the same day or were we teleported?

ravenkith
2007-10-02, 09:01 AM
"Nice place ya got here," Kanus says, irreverently. He looks at the area, trying to get a better idea of where the Arcs have been doing their rampaging.

Dorizzit
2007-10-02, 10:09 AM
"Now is not the time for flippancy. We need to stay focused." Denekai has drawn his blade and his shield is at the ready.

arkol
2007-10-02, 02:44 PM
Kamal quickly enters the first tavern he finds and starts asking around for the possible location of the Redspawn...

[roll0]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-02, 04:31 PM
The bartender, Wingor, says "Hello, how may I help you?"

As Arkol asks him about the Redspawn, he says "What? STrange firey creatures? Never noticed them before. However, the northern area has seemed a little bit hotter than usual. Mabye you should investigate.

Clue for Arkol! The north seems a little bit hotter than normal.

Also, the area I displayed is only a small map. For every cottage and lake I drew, there are about 5 others.

bchilders
2007-10-02, 05:11 PM
Not one for conversation, Rowan starts searching around the cottage for sign of the Arcs.

Search: [roll0] +5 if I get my bonus for dragons
Spot: [roll1] +9 if I get my bonus for dragons

Bow at ready Rowan looks around the surrounding area, keeping the rest of the group with in sight.


OOC: Unless anyone has a problem with it, I'm going to say I took a cure mod and a potion of invisibilty for the last fight.

arkol
2007-10-02, 05:34 PM
(ooc: discuss loot on ooc topic)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-02, 06:15 PM
(OOC: The potions remanin unidentified. After the mission, the Goldspawn Arcaniss might have an idea of what they are.)

Rowan: You notice the Redspawn, but wan't to tell the group without alerting them. ROll a Move Silently [In this case speak silently] check to whisper. (What? It was the best I could do to determine if you surprise them or not.)

bchilders
2007-10-02, 09:48 PM
Move Silently: [roll0]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-04, 08:01 PM
They fail to notice you because they are too busy whispering about their plot to burn the town down. You motion to your friends to open fire.

Roll initiative.

Dorizzit
2007-10-04, 08:15 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Kyace
2007-10-04, 08:38 PM
Jon's init
[roll0]

arkol
2007-10-04, 08:41 PM
Guys don't forget the +2 from my aura....

[roll0]

Kyace
2007-10-04, 08:46 PM
Ah, then I'm only at init count 9. And the bleeping ninja is at 21.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-04, 09:15 PM
Dorizzit
Arkol
Kyace

bchilders
2007-10-04, 09:26 PM
Initiative= [roll0]

ravenkith
2007-10-05, 07:50 AM
Initiative:
[roll0]

(Although if we surprised them, shouldn't we get a surprise round? :smallconfused: )

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-05, 06:55 PM
You do. I'm waiting to see who goes first.

Dorizzit
Arkol
Ravenkith
Bchilders
Kyace.

Monstrous Humanoids are d8, right?

Kyace
2007-10-05, 07:20 PM
Racial HD for Monstrous Humanoids are d8, they use class HD if they have levels in classes.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-05, 07:47 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Kyace
2007-10-05, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry if you've answered this but I've just missed it, but is this the same day as the earlier fight or later? And if the same day, how long has passed?

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-05, 08:55 PM
Its about a day later, a short-journey on foot. Lucky Denakai had a dragon to ride, though.

Dorizzit
2007-10-08, 02:20 PM
Denakai moves closer to the house, summons Nascara, and draws his blade.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-08, 02:42 PM
-----[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
----[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
---[-][c][c][c][c][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][c][c][c][c][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][c][c][c][c][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][c][d][c][c][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][c][c][c][c][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][c][c][c][c][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][c][c][c][c][-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][-][-][n][n][-][-][r][c][c][c][c][-][-][-][-][-]
---[-][-][-][n][n][d][-][r][c][d][c][c][-][-][-][-]
----[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]
-----[-][-][-][-][-][-][k][b][a][r][-][-]

arkol
2007-10-09, 05:16 PM
(ooc: sorry to have missed that it was my turn :smallredface:

Ok I would like some clarification.. this is still the surprise round right? So only one action yes?

And a bit help on the map.. what's the Cs and Ns and Rs?)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-09, 06:35 PM
C: Cottage.

N: Denakai's dragon.

R: Redspawn.

arkol
2007-10-09, 07:06 PM
Kamal doesn't move. He just opens his mouth and a jet of flame comes out of it. The flames seems to diminish as they reach the target but it looks like some of the flames are alive and trying to grab the Redspawns.

Using the breath weapon with entangling exhalation. My usual 4d6 damage is cut to 2d6 fire damage. Reflex save 17 to half the damage. If they take ANY damage they are entangled for 1d4 rounds. For each round they remain entangled they take an additional 1d6 fire damage. Hope they're not immune to fire....

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-09, 07:14 PM
(1d20+7)[20]
(1d20+7)[16]

Although the one in the back dodges, the frontline redspawn is wrapped in flames.

arkol
2007-10-09, 07:18 PM
(ooc: dodge as in dodge completly? As in with evasion? Or just partially? If partially he only takes half damage but is still entangled...)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-09, 07:38 PM
Partially, of course. He is still snared and takes half damage.

[roll0]

[roll]2d6[roll]

ravenkith
2007-10-10, 08:55 AM
Using my Overland flight spell (still active, as is greater mage armor), I'll get some vertical height, and then cast Ball Lightning (I have sent you a copy of the spell in a pm so you don't have to look it up).

In short, however, the spell creates a ball of lightning that occupies a five foot square, can move up to 30 ft in a round, and requires only a move action each round to direct, lasting for a round/level.

It will also deal 10d6 electrical damage, reflex save DC 23 for half none.

I'm creating it in the square of one of the dragonspawn, so it must save for half immediately.

[roll0]

arkol
2007-10-10, 09:55 AM
(ooc: sorry to ruin your fun Ravenkith but Ball Lightning is not a "Reflex Half" spell it's a "Reflex Negates" spell. So they either they all damage or none.)

ravenkith
2007-10-10, 01:14 PM
Yep, typo. <shrug>. Pobody's nerfect.

On a side note, they still have to save.

bchilders
2007-10-10, 03:38 PM
Rowan takes aim at the closest Red spawn and lets loose three arrows. If the first Red spawn dies before he has fired all his arrows then he will direct whatever is left towards the other one.


Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Attack 3: [roll2]

Damage 1: [roll3] +4 for favored enemy if dragon
bane(if dragon): [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5] +4 for favored enemy if dragon
bane(if dragon): [roll6]
Damage 3: [roll7] +4 for favored enemy if dragon
bane(if dragon): [roll8]

Sneak attack damage (if dragon) 1: [roll9]
Sneak attack damage (if dragon) 2: [roll10]
Sneak attack damage (if dragon) 3: [roll11]

arkol
2007-10-10, 03:57 PM
(ooc: bchilders... surprise round. No full attacks...)

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-10, 04:20 PM
Well, to be fair, it wasn't a full attack. He used manyshot.

Fire damage 2: (2d6)[9]

Reflex saves: (1d20+7)[9]
(1d20+7)[15]
(1d20+7)[9]
(1d20+7)[15]

Its a hit! A lot of 'em! Kyace's turn and then I will roll the Redspawn's initiative.

arkol
2007-10-10, 07:50 PM
(ooc: yikes that's some agressive manyshot... why the 4 saves?)

bchilders
2007-10-10, 08:22 PM
OOC: No he's right that was a full round attack...I forgot it was a surprise round. Only count the first attack. Thanks.

I also went back and took off the +4 to attack for favored enemy...looked it up and realized it was only a plus to damage.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-10, 08:36 PM
Disregard the last two saves. I forgot that I already rolled Arkol's.

Kyace
2007-10-11, 06:40 AM
Jon casts hold monster on the far redspawn. DC 26 Will if they are monsterous humanoid. (DC 22 otherwise)

Jon will cast Hesitate as an immediate action on the first redspawn to move or do anything. DC 24 Will if they are monsterous humanoid. (DC 20 otherwise)
Hesistate is the spell that prevents a creature from using actions other than move actions (pg 114 of PH2).

Both spells allow a retry at the save, hold monster once a round as full-round action and hesitate once every new round as a swift action.

Jon says to his teammates, "Try to go easy on them if you can."

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-11, 03:31 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]


[roll2]
[roll3]

The Redspawn struggles against the grip of Hold Person. Denakai's turn.

Dorizzit
2007-10-13, 09:28 AM
Denakai and Nascara charge into melee with the nearest Redspawn.

Attack:

[roll0] and Damage: [roll1] and Holy: [roll]2d6[roll]

Nascara's Attacks:

Bite [roll2] and Damage [roll3]

Claw 1 [roll4] and Damage [roll5]

Claw 2 [roll6] and Damage [roll7]

Dorizzit
2007-10-13, 09:30 AM
Feh... Holy damage: [roll0]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-13, 10:44 AM
One of the dragons is downed by the groups onslaughts, and the other takes the remaining 15 damage, leaving it at 33 HP. Arkol's turn.

arkol
2007-10-13, 11:53 AM
Kamal moves in into a flanking position and for the first time since being at the service of the Dragon God Swings his battle axe at something:

[roll0]
[roll1]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-13, 02:43 PM
The swing of your axe kicks the beast down to 28 HP. Ravenkith's turn/

Dorizzit
Arkol
Ravenkith
Bchilders
Kyace.

ravenkith
2007-10-13, 11:36 PM
The remaining dragon will find himself at the center of a ball of lightning, already summoned by Kanus.

DC 23 reflex save or take:
[roll0]

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-14, 08:41 AM
[roll0]

The redspawn dodges the concentrated ball of electricity. It is now BChilder's turn.

bchilders
2007-10-14, 02:27 PM
Rowan takes aim and releases three arrows, hoping to end the fight quickly.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Attack 3: [roll2]

Damage 1: [roll3] bane: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5] bane: [roll6]
Damage 3: [roll7] bane: [roll8]

bchilders
2007-10-14, 02:29 PM
Rolling to confirm critical

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]