PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Yugoloths lords

Ryblackadder
2018-06-19, 07:47 PM
I love yugoloths. Of all the fiends they’re easily... one of the ones I really like. But it seems that their leadership is lacking in good members and honestly I can see why. They’re basically swords for hire so in a way leaders could seem kinda pointless. But I believe that a more powerful yugoloth who bullies others into working for him either out of fear or for profit would be really interesting especially since he could be hired bu other villains. I’ve been looking through the lore but so far most of the canon yugoloth lords seem... a little less interesting than the demon lords and archdevils. Just wondering if you guys have any ideas for some.

Eldan
2018-06-20, 02:21 AM
If you dig around on the internet a bit, you should be able to find fan-writing by Shemeska the Marauder, one of the bigger writers in the Planewalker community who has a particular love for the 'loths. Later went on to write fluff for Dragon Magazine and then Paizo.

Try this for a start:
http://www.planewalker.com/content/shemeskas-baernaloth-cycle-lazarius-ibn-shartalan-architect-1st-demented

Ultroloths in general are cool. Erasing their names from the multiverse so they could not be controlled by them, ripping off their own faces to erase their personality. Especially, I've always had a certain fascination with Mydianchlarus, the Oinoloth. Just the names are cool. The Siege Malicious. Khin-Oin, the Wasting Tower. And the entire idea, that as a master of arcane secrets, he took control of Khin-Oin simply by walking up to Anthraxus, the previous Oinoloth and whispering in his ear something so disturbing, the other fiend immediately stepped down and handed over control.

Fire Tarrasque
2018-06-20, 11:01 AM
There are a few ones already existing, and by a few I mean two, the General of Gehenna and Charon.

Eldan
2018-06-21, 02:09 AM
What? No, there's a lot more than that. Bubonix, Mydianchlarus, Kexxon, Apomps, Daru Ib Shamiq, Harishek Ap Thulkesh, Xell, Xenghara, Cholerix... I'm probably forgetting a few.

kinem
2018-06-21, 08:33 PM
If you're planning to brew some yugoloths, you might want to look at the yugoloth revisions (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?366317-Yugoloth-revisions-amp-fiendish-resources&p=17918197#post17918197) I once made. A lot of the changes I made were with an eye towards trying to make them playable as PCs.

I don't have any lords there, but I imagine that most yugoloth lords would operate much like demon lords: trying to rule territory and gain power and followers.

Todd Stewart
2018-07-28, 10:10 AM
If you dig around on the internet a bit, you should be able to find fan-writing by Shemeska the Marauder, one of the bigger writers in the Planewalker community who has a particular love for the 'loths. Later went on to write fluff for Dragon Magazine and then Paizo.

Try this for a start:
http://www.planewalker.com/content/shemeskas-baernaloth-cycle-lazarius-ibn-shartalan-architect-1st-demented

Ultroloths in general are cool. Erasing their names from the multiverse so they could not be controlled by them, ripping off their own faces to erase their personality. Especially, I've always had a certain fascination with Mydianchlarus, the Oinoloth. Just the names are cool. The Siege Malicious. Khin-Oin, the Wasting Tower. And the entire idea, that as a master of arcane secrets, he took control of Khin-Oin simply by walking up to Anthraxus, the previous Oinoloth and whispering in his ear something so disturbing, the other fiend immediately stepped down and handed over control.

And just like drawing a circle of salt, spilling some blood, and chanting an incantation, you type my name and I'll come calling. :)

Glad that you liked the 'loth material I wrote! I still need to finish up the few remaining baernaloth stories in that series.

Admittedly most of my recent work has been for Pathfinder, but there's a lot of conceptual overlap that you can mine back and forth certainly.

enderlord99
2018-07-28, 10:42 AM
Shem, it might not be a bad idea to look at a thing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1), specifically the part after alt accounts but before questions.

I mean, you might be fine, I don't know, but still...