PDA

View Full Version : Serious Playtesting

Finerty
2007-09-08, 03:22 PM
Hey all. I might be fairly new here, just a Pixie ITP at time of writing, but I for one would seriously like to try out some of these classes, PrCs, and monsters without making huge, developed characters and plopping them down in a regular, core book campaign. I know I'd get some odd looks if I went to my weekly live-tabletop session and declared that I'd be playing an untested character class that I found on the robowebs, or worse yet, made up myself, with feats that just happened to work beautifully for my build.
So is there a place we can try out our lovely little homebrew creations? I wasn't sure if here or the Role-Playing Forums was the place, but I want somewhere where we can run our classes and PrC's against each other, against the core classes, against the NPC classes, or against either core monsters or those of our own design, at varying power levels. To playtest races and feats, we can pit identical core class builds against each other, see how a beastman barbarian measures up against a half-orc barbarian, for instance, or how otherwise identical human fighters with standard and homebrewed feat lists stack up against each other. It would be up to the creators of the classes to come up with a sample character, much like the sample NPC that WotC insists on padding the Complete books with these days, and only after they'd integrated feedback from the community.
Anyone else like the idea? Have their own suggestions? Would want to playtest?

Finerty
2007-09-11, 01:26 AM
So no? No one wants to playtest our ITP creations? Does a place for this already exist? If it does, point me to it and I'll shut up and go there now.

Hadrian_Emrys
2007-09-11, 02:32 AM
As far as I am aware, it simply boils down to broadcasting your intent in the forum below meant as a staging area. Perhaps in your case, looking for a DM first since you seem to want to play.

Reinboom
2007-09-11, 02:32 AM
You'll just have to find a viable DM or someone willing to help.
Me? I just allow my players access to all (or almost all) of my creations and see if anything bad happens, as well as use compilations of stuff (like fax's wiki) and just allow access from.

If you are willing to organize a way to assist in testing, I'd be more than willing to help.