PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Torc of Black Tychomancy

Rerem115
2018-06-28, 02:19 PM
I was looking at the thread "Lightly Cursed Items" over in the Roleplaying section of the forums, and remembered an item I statted up a while ago. It took me a while to dig it up, but what do you guys think of it?

Torc of Black Tychomancy. Wonderous Item, Very Rare, Attunement (Cursed)

This thick, wrought iron torc is pitted with rust and is cool to the touch, even in direct sunlight. It is covered in twisted, knotted patterns that evoke images of leering skulls, and you hear barely audible whispers while you wear this torc. An inscription in Druidic around one end reads “The Dead And The Damned Need No Luck,” and an inscription in Druidic around the other end reads “The Dead And The Damned Make Their Own Luck.” While attuned to this item, you gain Resistance to Cold and Necrotic damage, and your walking speed increases by 10 feet.

Curse. This item is cursed, and becoming attuned to it extends the curse to you. It draws its powers by siphoning the fortune of the wielder; as long as you remain cursed, if you ever roll with Disadvantage, you roll 3d20 and take the lowest of the three, and if you ever roll a 20 on an ability check, saving throw, attack roll, or contested roll, re-roll the die and take the new result.

JNAProductions
2018-06-28, 02:31 PM
I like it. It's a cool item, and the curse is, while hurtful, not so bad as to outweigh the benefits. It's a trade-off.

Well done!