PDA

View Full Version : DocWagon Seattle First Response (Auburn)



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

dauphinous
2007-09-11, 12:54 PM
Itís your first day on the job. You had to show up early for an orientation, where an excessively cheerful elvish woman in a navy business suit (Tessie) went over the highlights of your welcome packet. She walked you all downstairs to the garage, where a gleaming white Ares Citymaster emblazoned with the DocWagon logo sits on rails that suspend it several feet off the floor. A troll in a dingy, grease-stained, white mechanicís jumpsuit with the DocWagon logo on the back can be seen underneath it, using a tool of some sort on the vehicle.

There are bays for three other vehicles, though none of them are currently in use. Tessie leads you very quickly through the garage, over to a square area fenced off by chain link walls. There is a door in one part, and on the other side of the wall, a dwarf and human are visible. The majority of the space inside the chain link cage is taken up with shelving units and gun racks. There are rows of guns and hanging suits (white with the DocWagon logo), and boxes marked "EXPLOSIVE", and similar sorts of items. The dwarf, who is about average looking for his metatype with brown hair and beard, is currently sitting at a table, disassembling an Ares Predator IV on it. The human is running a hand very slowly and carefully over one of the white suits where it is hanging.

Tessie stops outside the cage and gestures to the two men. "This is Karl and Bernie. They are in charge of all the equipment you will use. Whatever you want off the list of available gear, you ask them for it. We donít do this by commlink for security reasons. You have to actually tell them what you want."

Both men look up. Bernie stops what he is doing and looks expectantly at you all. Karl, the dwarf, snorts, but he gets up and opens the door. He gives Tessie a half-assed salute while he looks you three over.

"So, whoís first and what'll it be, kiddies?"

Leshan
2007-09-11, 02:35 PM
Frank

"I think someone's been taking a few pills on the side," Frank thought to himself about the overly cheerful elf. But other then being a bit to cheerful for his tastes, Frank took everything else in stride. As they walked downstairs to the garage, Frank got a few stares. Being 6'2'', bald, and with more metal in your head then the average computer tended to do that. His military fatigues also stood out from the more casual clothing anyone not wearing a DocWagon uniform wore.

As they came to the weapons lock up, he nodded appreciatively. "Nice little armory they have here." Frank's face twitched into a frown for a moment when the dwarf gave the half hearted salute. Taking a step forward he said, "Frank Pullman. And I'll have an Ares Predator IV, with gel rounds if you have them. An Ares Alpha with normal rounds. Three extra clips for each. A camouflage suit. And two each of flash-bangs, flash-paks, CS-gas, smoke, and thermal smoke."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-11, 03:25 PM
Ritsuko

The Japanese elf sits silently through the orientation, listening carefully to everything said. Her hair color shifts every time she moves her head, although she pays little heed to it while the new hires are taken on the tour. Despite looking more like she belongs in a gang with the kanji tattoos around one eye and the battered midnight blue duster, she holds herself professionally, not like some random punk off the street.

As her turn comes up to get gear she replies in a soft, lilting voice with a trace of an accent, "I would prefer to use my own weapons but ammunition for Ares Predators would be welcome. Equal numbers of gel and normal rounds, please. As many as I'm allowed. And a uniform, please. (OOC: Camo suit.) Size five." She's apparently quite slim under the shapeless duster, despite her six feet of height.

Lycar
2007-09-11, 03:48 PM
Gregory Kurtz

Gregory Kurtz is an ork. That means he's just shy of 2 meters tall, with a frame broader then even a stroided-up human could ever hope for and .. tusks. They aren't overly pronounced but they are there. Brown eyes and dark brownish hair complete his facial features.

He arrived for orientation just a minute before time, wearing army fatigues.

While he doesn not seem to be sporting any obvious cyberware, some of you could get a glimpse at a subdermal skinlink in his palm when he raised his hand to ask a question.

He didn't ask much though. Coming to think of it, he didn't say much at all, seeming content to listen to the introduction. Although he did seem to be scratching his right temple a few times.

When they were greeted with the sloppy salute from the dwarf, Gregory just responded with a nod and a grunt.

As he happened to end up right behind Frank, he went to request equipment next.

"One armoured jumpsuit, one Ares Alpha, 3 clips of gel, 2 clips of FMJ ammo, a clip of tear gas 'nades for the launcher. Two smokes and two IR-smokes."

After receiving his gear, Gregory proceeded to do a quick field-strip of his assigned rifle, checking the action and the barrel for any sing of obstruction or dirt. Finding none, he reassembled it with a satified grunt.

Then he just shoulderd his gear, waiting for the others to receive theirs so they could go the lockers to slip into their uniforms and get started.

Lycar

Edit: Damn, i shouldn't take so long for typing... when i started i WAS no.2 to post.... :smallconfused:

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-11, 04:19 PM
((It's OK, Lycar. Ritsuko can go last. I did say 'as her turn comes up'.))

dauphinous
2007-09-11, 06:17 PM
Bernie grabs each item as it is requested and hands it to Karl, who scans each one with his hand before giving it over. He only gives Ritsuko an uplifted eyebrow at her request to use her own weapons, then a nod and a "suit yerself, girlie."

Once everyone's requests are filled, he nods once. "When you get back, you come right here and turn all this stuff back in. Anything you donít bring back, you gotta sit down in one of those chairs, right there," he points to a row of five metal chairs with oddly angled backs that all look extremely uncomfortable, "and file a report about it. I do mean 'anything'."

After you all get your gear together and uniforms on, Tessie makes a shooing motion towards one of the people-sized doors in the wall. Through that door is the tarmac. Maybe 100 feet away, there is a gleaming white helicopter with the DocWagon logo on the side and tail sitting in a large white painted circle. You can see the number '3' is painted inside the circle, big enough to be seen from a good distance up.

The front of the helicopter is all one big window, through which you can see the pilot's seat. It has a single top rotor, currently sitting perfectly aligned with the body of the copter. The tail rotor is embedded in the tail of it. The whole vehicle is about 14 meters long and 4 meters tall. The body of it is about 4 meters wide. The tail is about 6 meters long. At the moment, the side door towards you is open, and two figures can be seen just inside it.

There is a second, identical helicopter sitting in a second circle not far away, painted with the number '4', that is just taking off. It lifts a meter or so off the ground very slowly, then shoots upwards at full speed, showing off just how fast these whirlybirds can go (about 15 meters per second, or 278km per hour). There are 12 more circles, each painted with the rest of the numbers from 1-14, and each empty.

As soon as that helicopter's noise fades away, Tessie starts talking again. "You've been assigned to Auburn. It's mostly manufacturing out there, but some of the corps who run those plants shell out for some of their employees, and you never know when a client will just end up there for some reason. The place is covered in dozens of little extraterritorial zones. Thanks to some high level negotiations, we have unrestricted access to most of the airspace in Auburn. That's 'most', not 'all'. And that does not include landing rights. If you have to land in a corp zone, you have to get clearance first. That's the pilot's job.

"Remember: get there, pick up the client, get out. We have a guaranteed response time of 10 minutes. If the client isnít in the EMT's care," she gestures generally towards the helicopter, possibly indicating one of the two figures inside it, "within 10 minutes, they get everything free, and that makes a lot of people very unhappy. So stay near the middle of your zone whenever you can. If you need to stop to use the bathroom, or grab some coffee, or whatever, call it in. That way we can give someone else the call if they're nearby.

"Okay," she points to the helicopter, "get moving. You have 15 minutes to get to your zone before we mark you as on call. You are on call until 3am, at which point you come straight back here. You have any questions, ask Dispatch or your other teammates." With that, Tessie folds her arms and looks quite impatient for you to all be gone, even going so far as to begin tapping her foot after roughly half a second.

Leshan
2007-09-11, 06:58 PM
Frank

Frank immediately heads for the chopper after Tessie is done briefing them. He climbs in the front door, nodding in greeting to the two already inside as he slides into the pilot seat. Finding the datacable he plugs it into his datajack. Suddenly several displays begin hovering in the air. He begins the start up sequence as he takes it in. He makes some modifications, changing the layout that's being displayed to him. As he does this using his datajack, he uses his hands to secure the Ares Alpha underneath his seat and the Predator in a holster on his armor.

"Please give me the proper permissions to access your commlinks even in hidden mode then switch to it," Frank says over his shoulder after everyone has entered the helicopter. "Please send me a message once you've done so. If you have a problem with this let me know."

((Edit: Changed this up a bit. Felt it was a little presumptous and moving to fast.))

McSherrie
2007-09-11, 07:03 PM
"Look, I appreciate that we have to share this whirly bird with the day guys, but is it too much to ask that they leave my seat without grease stains?!?"

The voice coming out of the helicoptor sounds breathy and almost panicked. As the new crew comes closer, they can see that it comes from a young woman. She is dressed in an orange jumpsuit that matches perfectly her orange, spiky hair. The pupils in her green eyes begin to look slitted and whiskers make a ghost appearance and she murmers under her breath.

"Much better,", Gatto says, surveying the newly cleaned seat. She pulls out what appears to be a small spray bottle and squirts the seat. "Mine."

Shooting a look out the door at the other three, "Looks like the new kids are here, Brachial. Time to play." She grins at them and sits in what she obviously considers to be her seat. "I'm Gatto. Magical support. Welcome to our bird."

Leshan
2007-09-11, 07:19 PM
Frank

Somewhere in between his preparations Frank says, "Just be careful where you throw your magic around. I don't need any electrical blasts shorting out systems." And almost as an after thought he adds, "And I'm your pilot, Frank."

dauphinous
2007-09-11, 08:18 PM
As soon as he logs in, Frank gets a friendly, cheerful message:

[Hello. I am an Ares Dragon, customized especially for DocWagon use. Here are some facts you should know about me:

I can lift off with a maximum of 2100kg of cargo, including all my passengers.
I can ascend at a rate of 15 meters per second.
My top speed is 278 kilometers per hour. Please don't try to push me past that, as I am not capable of going any faster.
My rotor diameter is 11.5 meters, and I am 14 meters long. Remember to give me enough clearance when you land.
I need to be refueled after 8 continuous hours of flight.

I am now adjusting to your physical specifications, Frank Pullman. If you wish to change any aspects of your profile, you can do so at any time by accessing the 'Profile' menu. Welcome to the DocWagon team.]

The indicated menu, tucked away in the lower right hand corner of Frank's field of vision flashes twice. At the same time, the seat seems to mold to his body and adjust slightly so he has the best possible access to the flight controls.

Leshan
2007-09-11, 08:44 PM
Frank

Snorting, Frank took in the speech from what he assumed to be the piloting program.

[Well, you're the first thing I've flown that's told me how to handle it. Sound a little like my wife.]

Mentally opening the indicated menu, Frank took in the various options.

[You have something I can refer to you as other then pilot? Or do you prefer that?]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-11, 10:12 PM
Ritsuko

The japanese woman bows politely to the two in the chopper. "Ritsuko Saitoh," she says by way of introduction. "You can call me Mig, if you'd prefer. I'm the-- ah-- tactical support, was the term." She quirks a half-grin. "I'm a better shot than you might think." She slips into the copter, and slots clips into a pair of Predators holstered in the small of her back. <Japanese>"Gel on the right," she mutters to herself as she reholsters the pistols. "Where should I sit?" she asks of the two old-timers.

McSherrie
2007-09-11, 11:36 PM
Choosing to ignore Frank's comment about hurting the helicoptor, Gatto looks at Mig. "You can sit anywhere except this seat. Make yourself comfortable. Nice hair." She straps herself into the clean seat, closes her eyes briefly, then looks around at everyone again. Anyone paying close attention sees that her pupils are slitted again.

((I'm looking at everyone astrally, just to see what I can see.))

dauphinous
2007-09-12, 06:47 AM
There are four seats with harnesses available. The wall of the copter opposite the door is taken up with unmarked drawers and a long, flat, blank panel with a handle. You have about 1.75 meters of vertical space to stand up in.

There is a half meter step from the landing rails on the bottom of the copter into the body of it, and about 2 meters of clearance under the tail. The pilot's seat does have a separate door, and there is no actual access between the cockpit to the body of the copter, though the divider between the two is clear plastic, and easily seen through.

It might also be noticed that there is a square sort of hook thing on the outside of the copter, right next to the opening for the door. It would probably be a good handle if one wanted to ride the landing rail for some reason, or maybe a good place to attach a rope or harness of some kind.

Frank

[Employee Maverick refers to me as 'Kitty'.]

The indicated menu has the following options:
Current Pilot Designation: Frank Pullman
Current Pilot Actual Name: Frank Pullman
Unofficial Helicopter Designation: Kitty
Official Helicopter Designation: DocWagon Seattle First ResponseTM helicopter #3
Seat Conform: A37DX4Q91
Divider Color: Transparent
Assigned Zone: Unknown
Map Display: Overlay
Map Setting: no Zoom
Heavy Map Icons: DW, Call
Light Map Icons: AT, LS
Map Zone Display: Yes
Crew Listing: On
Dispatch Link: Auto

The 'Unknown' entry is currently flashing.

Along the bottom of his vision (not a part of the menu), Frank can see a listing:
Brachial | Louise DiMaio | Frank Pullman | Ritsuko Saitoh | Gregory Kurtz

GattoBrachial looks like he always does. The ork and the human have dead spots in various parts of their bodies, but nothing strange. The ork is a little more dead than the pilot, and the shadowed spots look like he must have wired reflexes. The elf is bright and vibrant, with no dead spots at all. In fact, she's Awakened - an adept.

The usual spirits are pacing around the compound, and it looks like Nina, one of the morning shift mages, is doing something magical on the roof of the building again.

Santanya
2007-09-12, 08:58 AM
Brachial

A man looking to be in his mid twenties slams an overhead compartment, grumbling slightly. "Why do they always stuff everything where it would be hard to get to?" he asks the air as he turns around. His arm is full of assorted slap patches and what looks like a roll of rubberized splint material. He glances out the door of the chopper as everyone walks up to it. "No flamer, Gatto," he says, chuckling softly, "I'm sure they're clean." He smiles towards the woman as he steps across and opens another cupboard at waist level and stacks the patches inside.

He has to stoop just slightly to move about the interior of the helecoptor, but seems to know his way about it, or at least know where he wants things. He has a DocWagon jumpsuit on, with a pair of pistols set low on his hip, one Predator and one Super Squirt. He slams the cupboard closed again and steps back, running a hand through his black hair as he looks over the new comers. "Hey there, all of you," he says, smiling as Gatto goes through her procedure to clean the seat. "Sit anywhere, but leave her seat to her, its better for everyone that way," he says, grinning towards Gatto. "I don't want to have to patch up any third degree burns."

He glances up towards the pilot. "Kitty should have the comm codes for everyone, unless they've been keeping them secret." He nods once and smiles. "I'm EMT Joseph Cannid. You can call me Brachial."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-12, 10:39 AM
Ritsuko

Looking confused, Ritsuko says, "Why would I sit in her seat when it is clearly occupied? I've no intention of sitting on her lap." She picks a seat closest to where the door opens, and straps in, and checks in on her commlink, [Are you getting this, Frank?]

Lycar
2007-09-12, 11:41 AM
Gregory donned his uniform and stowed his stores in the various pockets the suit offered. When climbing aboard he went for the seat closest to the exit and, after sitting down, gave a curt introduction.

"Gregory Kurtz, tactical."

Then he just went on to strap himself in and make sure his equipment was tightly secured. He didn't load his rifle at this point.

When Frank asked the team to open the comm channels on their commlinks, Gregory did so, sending a short message to all PDAs.

[Test, test, do you copy ?]

After a bit, Gregory started to look over his fellow crewmembers. It was hard to tell if it was out of boredom or professional interest. But then he turned his attention to Mig.

"Got any experience ?" he asked, suddenly.

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-12, 11:50 AM
Ritsuko

"With DocWagon? No. First day." She gives the other gunner a half-grin. "With a firearm, yes."

Santanya
2007-09-12, 12:04 PM
Brachial

Brachial looks through the drawers, sliding two open and nodding, seeming satisfied at last. "I mean for now and later," he replies, smiling to the elf as he slides them closed. "Someone remind me to ask Slap Patch how she finds anything, will ya?" he adds as he drops into a seat. He shakes his head once as he stretches out. "So, we ready to get this whirley bird in the air?"

Leshan
2007-09-12, 01:33 PM
Frank

[Okay... Kitty. Interesting designation.]

Activating the assigned zone option he mentally fills it in.

[Auburn. And Kitty, I get that the heavy icon DW is Doc Wagon and the light icon LS is Lone Star. Give me the info on Call and AT. And since we'll be going into Auburn mark the areas that are corp controlled but where we have flying privileges blue; and areas we don't have permission to fly red. And calculate the center point of Auburn and mark it on my map, that's where we'll be most of the time unless a client needs us.]

He then accesses the info on each of his squad mates and adds their PAN's contact info to his commlink.

"[I can read you Ritsuko and Gregory. Brachial, Gatto; can you hear me? And yes, we're ready to go.]" With that he gently lifts up from the landing pad and immediately heads for wherever Kitty has designated as the center of Auburn; keeping the speed at 150 kph.

Santanya
2007-09-12, 02:29 PM
Brachial

Brachial nods slightly. [I hear ya.] he says a second later. He smiles as the engines come to life and rotors start moving. "Today is going to be fun day I think," he says buckling his harness.

McSherrie
2007-09-12, 02:49 PM
[I hear you. Tell Kitty I said hi. She's a good old cat-bird.]

Gatto, being content with what she sees, shifts back to "normal" vision. "I think they'll do, Brachial. Although this one glows an awful lot." She indicates Mig and gets a slightly predatory grin on her face.

[Oh yeah, pilot boy Frank, might want to stay close to the roof on this take-off. Get a feeling for Kitty and all that. Just a thought.]

Lycar
2007-09-12, 04:38 PM
Ritsuko

"With DocWagon? No. First day." She gives the other gunner a half-grin. "With a firearm, yes."

Gregory regards Mig for a few more seconds, then asks "Any experience with being shot at ?"

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-12, 04:45 PM
Ritsuko

"Plenty, yes." She eyes the other tactical support member. "Why? Do you not trust in my ability to do the work I was hired to do?"

Leshan
2007-09-12, 04:52 PM
Great, that's all I need; a backseat driver, Frank thinks to himself as they pull away from the DocWagon building. But she is right about one thing; he needs to get a feel for how Kitty handels.

[First: Gatto says hi. Second: Let's put you through your paces.]

With that Frank begins a few gentle banks, ascending, and descending. After a bit he takes a moment to look back at everyone and he says, "Let's see what she really has in her. Everyone ready for an interesting ride to Auburn?"

He then returns his gaze forward and prepares himself.

[You ready for some fun Kitty?]

Santanya
2007-09-12, 05:02 PM
Brachial

[Whatever you say hotshot, so long as you remember this is a cargo helecoptor stocked and equipped for rescue, not some attack chopper.] He shakes his head and tightens his harness. Rookies always have to prove themselves. He grips the straps of his seat's harness and closes his eyes.

dauphinous
2007-09-12, 05:56 PM
['Call' is the notation for an assigned client. 'AT' is the notation for all other air traffic. 'Heavy' indicates that you receive information about each contact of that type. 'Light' means it is displayed as just a blip. Lone Star vehicles are marked with black. DocWagon vehicles are marked with white. Map preferences updated. 'Gatto' is not a recognized name indicator.]

The two-pane map display Frank gets shows the current location in one pane, and a map of Auburn in the other. The center of Auburn is marked with a glowing green dot. There are several hundred blips on that map, maybe one-quarter of them black, and the rest yellow. Auburn is littered with little islands of red, but most of it is blue with uncolored lines between them that are probably roads. Lake Tapps is a completely blank area.

The divider behind Frank's back begins to show a 3-D image of a stereotypical blonde Swedish flight attendant, who produces a plastic cup from nowhere and pours a brown liquid into itfrom a coffeepot. She offers the cup to Frank, who cannot see her, because she is behind his back.

The copter door slides shut and it lifts off slowly.

[Whenever Maverick indicates he intends to have 'fun', I usually end up requiring repairs.]

As the copter passes the roof of the building that houses the garage, Frank can see a woman sitting on the roof with her hands in the air. She doesnít look like sheís paying attention to the copter, but she flips the bird to the whirlybird and grins. At that moment, the copter begins to wobble a little bit and shoots sideways about 15 meters, away from the building.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-12, 07:58 PM
Ritsuko

As the copter takes a sudden shift to the side, Ritsuko lets out a stream of curses in Japanese. [What in the name of all my Ancestors was that for?] she calls into the commlink.

McSherrie
2007-09-12, 08:31 PM
"Everyone wave at Nina. She must be in a good mood tonight. The helicoptor is still right side up." Gatto leads the waves, even though she is no where near the window on that side of the 'coptor.

Leshan
2007-09-13, 01:46 AM
"What the smeg was that?!" Frank exclaims as the helicopter is shoved to the side. He fails to notice the 3-D image behind him as he makes sure the chopper is fine.

[Kitty, any damage I should be aware of?]

"[Gatto, you seem to know what's going on. Who's Nina and why did she just try and crash us?]"

While he's waiting for a response he decides it's time to get out of dodge and make for Auburn. He sets a course straight from Doc Wagon to the center of Auburn that Kitty has marked for him.

OOC: Edited. I'd go back and edit previous posts with the new information (to me at least, maybe I'm just dense :smallsmile: ) that we're still basically on the landing pad; but I think it'd make to much work for everyone else and will leave them as they are.

Lycar
2007-09-13, 03:40 AM
Ritsuko

"Plenty, yes." She eyes the other tactical support member. "Why? Do you not trust in my ability to do the work I was hired to do?"

Gregory just grunts and replies "Gotta know if you're a rookie or a vet."

When the helo suddenly lurches to the side, Gregory is alarmed for a moment.
(Under fire ? No, can't be... so what ?)

But apparently that is some mages idea of a joke and he relaxes again, instead massaging his arm a bit, where the wires form his wired reflexes run along.

Lycar

dauphinous
2007-09-13, 05:37 AM
After a moment of static in all his displays, Frank easily regains control of the copter.

[Physical diagnostic running...........No damage. All systems green.]

The flight attendant apparently felt the abrupt movement also, as she drops both cup and pot. After making a surprised face, she makes a stern face and starts wagging a finger reproachfully at Frank.

Frank begins maneuvering around this part of the tarmac, skimming the floor and swerving around a little. The current location map shows a white marker with dark red text incoming from the north:
BiggerThanABreadbox - VectorThrust - Downtown

[Incoming message from BiggerThanABreadbox]
[Oi! Land or get moving, Kitty! New guy, yeah? Get outta the way so the evening shift copters can land. You want to impress your date, do it someplace else.]

Leshan
2007-09-13, 10:50 AM
((Arg, I thought we'd already cleared the building and were heading towards Auburn. Frank wouldn't be in the way of others landing. I'll probably heavily edit my last post later in the day, have to go to classes now.))

McSherrie
2007-09-13, 11:03 AM
"Nina's day shift. And she wouldn't try to hurt Kitty. She has to ride in her during the day. She was probably in the middle of something as we flew by, that's all. Hermetics do strange things like that." Gatto grins at Brachial, then settles into her seat to wait for the first call.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-13, 11:32 AM
Ritsuko

"Why 'Kitty'?" she asks curiously, attempting to make conversation on the trip into Auburn.

Santanya
2007-09-13, 11:58 AM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly, relaxing in his seat and flashing a grin back at Gatto. "Well, Sidewinder never bothered to change it," he says aloud. "Maverick set it. There's a few rumors as to why... Ex-wife, sim actress... most popular is its his favorite meat puppet though." He chuckles, shaking his head.

dauphinous
2007-09-13, 12:23 PM
En route to Auburn
8:52pm

Frank gets the copter moving on its way to Auburn, still skimming the ground. The buildings close by the airport are all warehouses and similar sorts of buildings. The current map display shows three more white contacts converging on the airport:
Excalibur - Merlin - Renton
RockBox- Hollywood - Tacoma
Kryptonite - Superman - Outremer

They are all coming from a direction appropriate to the location noted.

The flight attendant, apparently satisfied that she has told off Frank enough, begins to giggle silently and pulls the little blue hat off her head. She tosses the hat and it disappears. Then she gives Gregory a full lip pout and unbuttons the first button of her suit jacket. She turns around so she is facing Frank and looks over her shoulder, obviously undoing the rest of the buttons, and also obviously enjoying it.

{Sorry, Leshan, it was partly my bad.}

Lycar
2007-09-13, 02:19 PM
Seemingly having satisfied his urge for conversation for the time being, Gregory just stares ahead a bit, then goes to watch the show the flight AI is offering. When the 'fight attendant' winks at him, he replies with a broad grin.

After a bit, however, he adresses Mig again. "You wanna go out first or do backup ?"


Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-13, 03:54 PM
Ritsuko

"I'm a much better shot than I am a hand-to-hand combatant. If you are more skilled in that arena, perhaps we'd be better with you going first. Otherwise, I have no problems doing so."

Leshan
2007-09-13, 04:31 PM
Frank

After having righted the chopper Frank looks over his shoulder to see if everyone was all right, and notices the flight attendent. "What the? Who or what is this? Look it wasn't my fault; it was that mage." He returns most of his attention to piloting, but glances everynow and then at the "flight attendant". When she begins performing her "show" and turns so she's facing him he begins grinning, but still concentrates on flying. He does steal the odd glance or two. Or three.

Lycar
2007-09-13, 04:57 PM
Ritsuko

"I'm a much better shot than I am a hand-to-hand combatant. If you are more skilled in that arena, perhaps we'd be better with you going first. Otherwise, I have no problems doing so."

Gregory grins at that "I was a machienegunner. If anything got into pistol range, i already screwed up."

He seems to brood a bit, then continues "Listen, first man out is the first one to catch lead. I can take it, i've got experience with that. Just let me take point, 'kay ?"

He falls silent once more, scratching his right temple. Then, suddenly, he turns to Brachial. "You're the medic, right ? Why's there only one of you ? Does take two to carry a stretcher after all."

Lycar

dauphinous
2007-09-13, 04:58 PM
Auburn
8:56pm

The flight attendant continues her little stripper act, back still turned to the cabin, getting herself down to just blue pasties with gold tassels and a blue thong. She has a rather impossible physique that absolutely defies gravity. There is a tattoo of the Ares logo in the middle of her back, just above the strap of her thong.

Frank gets a new contact on his map just as the copter passes over the border into Auburn:
BoomChikaBoom - Cougar - Auburn

About a second after the contact appears:

[Incoming message from BoomChikaBoom]
[Here Kitty, Kitty.]
Pause.
[Oh, crap. Sorry, I forgot Sidewinder retired. Heh. I even went to the party Saturday and got completely wasted with him. Hey, new guy. Iím Cougar, passing the Auburn flag to you guys. Dimitri swears he saw some Ancients scootiní along over by Tapps, but none of the rest of us did, and nothing else of interest to note. Auburnís been pretty quiet this evening, and it's all yours.]

McSherrie
2007-09-13, 04:59 PM
Gatto, being relatively sure footed, unbuckles her harness, stands up and walks over to where she can see the flight attendant better. Now isn't that interesting. We lose our maps and get to actually meet Kitty instead. Looks like Sidewinder had even more issues than I thought. She thinks for a second, trying to find the best angle to approach this from. Do I take away our entertainment out here or try to embarrass the new pilot. Or both? "Pilot boy Frank, not meaning to sound pushy but you might want to, I don't know, consider changing the display back here. Unless you like the idea of sharing Kitty with the world. Or maybe we should all join in?" Gatto starts humming off-key porn music as she saunters back to her seat. Her eyes get slitted again and disco ball rainbows begin to flit across the inside of the helicoptor while soft, 1970's porn music covers her humming.

((Oh, to have taken Orgy as a spell... Ah well, too late now. I shall have to make do with Chaotic World - very low force level.))

Leshan
2007-09-13, 05:58 PM
Frank

"She turned on all by herself, have no idea how to turn her off. I'll ask Kitty to turn it off though, as we are now officialy on duty. And actually I think it's more interested in Gregory then me."

[Kitty, please turn off the sim-person.]

Turning his attention to the transmission from Cougar Frank responds.

[Outgoing Message to BoomChikaBoom]
[No problem; I'm sure you won't be the last person to forget Sidewinder isn't behind the stick. Call me Frank. And thanks for the headsup on the possible Ancients activity. Have a safe landing.]

Switching to sub-vocal, Frank says to everyone, "[Cougar just transimitted to me that one of his crew thinks he saw Ancients activity near Tapps; but no one else saw anything. Otherwise nothing to report. We're approaching the center of Auburn. We'll hover in the area until we get a call.]"

dauphinous
2007-09-13, 06:47 PM
[What is a 'sim-person'?]

[Incoming message from BoomChikaBoom]
[Sure thing, Frank. Oh, Thomas wants to know if you have any new hotties on board. Since every other woman in the fleet has shot him down already, he's hoping for a chance at fresh blood.]

The BoomChikaBoom contact starts moving slowly towards SeaTac.

The flight attendant shimmies and dances a bit to the music.

The music and rainbows are incredibly distracting, but anyone who puts a little effort into focusing can overcome it.The spell imposes a -1 penalty to everything, but you all succeeded at your resistance tests, so if you want to not be affected by it, you may. If you'd rather just sit back and enjoy the show, you can do that, too.

Leshan
2007-09-13, 07:27 PM
[Oh, for god's sake. The peep show going on behind me: the "stewardess". Turn it off. Or if you can't tell me how to.]

Frank on his own though starts hunting through menus in an effort to turn off the striptease.

"[Having minor difficulty getting Kitty to turn off the display. And Gatto: it's not that distracting but stop whatever it is you're doing. I don't like magic being used on me.]

[Outgoing Message to BoomChikaBoom]
[I'll assume he's knows about Gatto, but there is someone who was in the orientation with me. Her name's Ritsuko. An elf and one of my tactical support. She seems to own her own guns; so I'd warn him to watch what he says and does or the only fresh blood he'll be seeing is his own.]

Santanya
2007-09-13, 07:53 PM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly, stretching in his seat slightly as he loosens his harness. "Hmm, don't remember Sidewinder ever showing that side of Kitty before," he says aloud. "Maybe she's taken a liking to him already." He stretches out in his seat, crossing his feet out of any aisle and putting his hands behind his head. "Anything on the news feed?" he asks. "May want to monitor Lonestar's channel as well, give us an idea if there's any trouble in the area."

dauphinous
2007-09-13, 07:54 PM
Auburn
8:58pm

[I do not understand your command. What do 'peepshow' and 'stewardess' mean?]

The in-flight stripper winks at Gregory with a grin, then pouts with exceptionally full lips at Frank before disappearing completely. The image is replaced by a map of the copter's current location, which is identical to the one Frank can see. The ground you are current flying over is marked in blue, with a couple of little islands of red not far away. There are dozens of blips all over the place, mostly yellow, with a few black ones sprinkled in. There is also a flashing green dot just at the edge of the map.

[Incoming message from BoomChikaBoom]
[Hahaha. Fantastic. Say 'hi' to Gatto and Brachial for us. Cheers.]

The BoomChikaBoom contact zips away, headed straight for SeaTac.

Frank sifts quickly through the menus, but the only thing he thinks that might be related to the appearance of he stripper is the Divider Color submenu under Profile. It currently reads:
Divider Color: Current map

McSherrie
2007-09-13, 08:14 PM
"It isn't there if you don't want to see it, pilot boy Frank. It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone should be allowed to have a little fun." Despite these words, however, Gatto slashes the air with a hand and dismisses the illusion, then sits back in her seat and astrally perceives towards the back of the 'coptor.

Leshan
2007-09-14, 01:40 AM
"[Gatto, Brachiel; Cougar says hi. And I'll start monitoring the news feeds and Lonestar transmissions.]"

[Kitty: querry any local news feeds and pull up anything about crime in the area lately. Also, scan for the local Lonestar transmissions. When you find them pipe the transmissions to everybodies PANs: text only. If we get a call halt scanning for the transmissions until we drop off the client.]

"[As soon as we tune into the fequency the LS are using I'm having Kitty transmit the text of what they're saying to each of you. You'll continue to recieve it until we need to pick up a client; at which point it will resume once we've dropped them off. Let me know if you'd rather not get that.]"

Looking warily at the Divider Color menu, Frank decides not to mess with it now for fear of starting something he can't stop.

[Kitty, no matter what keep the Color Divider at Currant Map. If anything except me, even some program that's a part of you, tries to change it deny it access. Understand?]

dauphinous
2007-09-14, 06:48 AM
[Incoming message from Dispatch]
[Status change: Kitty to On-Call]

[Command understood. I am not permitted to block Dispatch access to my programs and functions. Scanning for transmissions as requested.]

The copter slows down and begins to hover, with the flashing green dot centered on the map screen.

[Recent news headlines for Auburn, subcategory: Crime
Mayan Cutter strikes again - 2/3, 20:33
Auto accident: 1 killed, 2 injured, cause unknown - 2/3, 13:47
3 security guards killed, 5 injured at Ares warehouse in firefight with unknown assailants - 2/3, 02:31
2 alarm fire in Wuxing warehouse - 2/2, 23:04]

Everyone receives the following, each line received maybe a half a minute after the previous one:
[Auburn Lone Star transmissions, real time]
[Unit 4A07G: investigating possible 219 in progress corner of Bermuda and Garrison]
[Unit 3A21G: taking two suspects into custody returning to base]
[Unit 2A07G: investigating possible 377 in progress at Stuffer Shack Beauregard]
[LSDispatch: unit 4A12G respond to report of possible 091 41 Bollinger]
[Unit 4A12G: copy that responding to possible 091 41 Bollinger]
[Unit 2A03A: setting down for a quick break back in 5]
[Unit 4A02G: 318 12 Vernon updated to 404]

Santanya
2007-09-14, 09:02 AM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly, glancing up towards Frank for a moment. He looks over to Gregory, blinking slighty. "Um... That's why you're here," he says raising an eyebrow. "The entire team is the extraction unit, not just me. You will be required to assist with it, in firesupport and transportation of the client to the chopper." He grins slightly. "And there's only one of me because putting more than that in here would get more expensive, and put more people with the training at risk. I'm here to make sure they don't die. We're all here to get them to the chopper."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-14, 10:06 AM
Ritsuko

As the Lone Star bulletins start coming over, Mig watches with interest, although her face darkens at the report of the 091. She remains silent, simply watching the data flow by.

Lycar
2007-09-14, 12:42 PM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly, glancing up towards Frank for a moment. He looks over to Gregory, blinking slighty. "Um... That's why you're here," he says raising an eyebrow. "The entire team is the extraction unit, not just me. "

Gregory frowns and thinks about that for a bit. Then he replies "Oh okay, good to know."

Lycar

Leshan
2007-09-14, 01:02 PM
Frank

[Of course Kitty. I understand about the Dispatch thing.]

Hmm, at least one shadowrunner activity, the fire could be one too, Frank thinks as he reads the local crime news. He takes a moment to transmit all of them to everyone.

"[Seems like there's been some action today. Ares might try something tonight if they find out who sent the runners that attacked their warehouse; but that'll probably take some time.]"

Santanya
2007-09-14, 01:38 PM
Bracial

[Possibly but its hard to predict where they would be. Might want to ease our way over towards the Stuffer Shack though. If there's any interesting persons over there, it could be a call easily. Its southeast, about ten clicks. No rush though... yet.]

Brachial stands and checks a couple of the drawers again, bracing himself with a hand against the ceiling. He glances back to Gatto, raising an eyebrow slightly.

Lycar
2007-09-14, 04:36 PM
Gregory just sits quietly. Its hard to tell if he's enjoying the ride or not. He just massgaes his arms a bit every now and then and scans the incoming messages as they come in. Then he sends a message of his own.

[Do we know the codes ?]

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-14, 05:10 PM
Mig

In response to the ork's question, Mig starts to translate. [Aggravated assault at Bermuda and Garrison. Possible Robbery at the Stuffer Shack. Possible rape at Bollinger.] She grates out the word 'rape', clearly displeased by it. [Breaking and entering in Vernon was a false alarm.]

McSherrie
2007-09-14, 05:24 PM
Gatto takes a mirror out of her bag and appears to look at herself in it. She is, in fact, reading the activity list reflected in it. When she finishes, she snaps the mirror shut and puts it away.

"You just want to go check out the new girls at the Stuffer Shack, Brachial. You can admit it to us. We're your team after all." She grins, but does not turn around.

Leshan
2007-09-14, 06:20 PM
"[Unless the robbery is being commited by someone who's heisted quite a bit; it's unlikely the person at Stuffer Shack is a client. We'll get a bit closer just in case though.]" With that Frank maneuvers so they're a bit closer and oriented towards Stuffer Shack.

dauphinous
2007-09-14, 06:40 PM
A white contact appears on the north edge of the map:
Candygram - AuburnG03

[Unit 1A47G: 318 updated to 107 in pursuit on foot request backup]
[LSDispatch: unit 1A46G, unit 1A28G assist unit 1A47G with pursuit southbound on Greendale]
[Unit 1A46G: copy that en route to assist pursuit]
[Unit 1A28G: copy that moving]
[LSDispatch: Unit 5A13G respond to report of possible 201 1352 Westminster, apt 4]
[Unit 5A13G: copy that responding to possible 201 1352 Westminster, apt 4]
[Unit 3A01A: 090 updated to 107 on foot spotlighted request ground backup]
[LSDispatch: unit 3A12G assist unit 3A01A with pursuit northbound on Hargrove]
[Unit 3A12G: copy that joining pursuit]
[Unit 1A15G: reporting 467 north side Tapps]
[LSDispatch: unit 1A15G confirm 467]
[Unit 1A15G: 467 confirmed body is in at least 7 pieces]
The feed cuts out here.

9:10pm

A bright orange flashing dot appears on the map with the following:
Condition critical Ė 10:00:00
The dot is about 5km to the northeast, in a road intersection. The numbers at the end are a timer, counting down from 10 minutes.

[Incoming message from Dispatch]
[Status change: Kitty to Retrieval]

McSherrie
2007-09-14, 06:53 PM
"That's our cue, gang." Gatto turns in her seat, much more business-like and begins to prepare for the extraction.

Lycar
2007-09-14, 07:23 PM
Gregory reads Franks message and gives off a kind of satisfied grunt before typing back [Good idea. Gotta keep your eyes where trouble may come from.]

EDIT: When the call comes, Gregory perks up, tensing. "Whats that ? Do we have an emergency ?"

(All right. Lunch break's over. Back to work. Wonder what that will be. Maybe just a traffic accident. Or an Ancients-induced-accident. Heh.)

Lycar

Leshan
2007-09-14, 07:33 PM
Frank starts accelarating and banks so they're heading towards the client. He continues to accelarate until they're going 100 kph.

"[Should be able to land on the road; but prepare to rappel down if it's too hot down there.]"

[Kitty, based on the map double check and make sure there is enough room for us land on the road.]

Frank activates his thermographic vision and his vision magnification; trying to see what's going on at the scene from as far away as possible.

Santanya
2007-09-14, 08:31 PM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles. "Now why would I need a teenage girl who can't tell me how much a soy-bar is?" he asks as he closes a drawer. [You'ld be surprised how many clients visit shacks and get involved in those,] he adds to Frank as he drops back down into his seat.

As the signal goes off he sits up and looks to the map. "Showtime," he says, grinning slightly as he loops his harness around his shoulder. "Time to show what you guys know."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-14, 11:59 PM
Ritsuko

As soon as the call comes in and the chopper changes direction, Mig slides a pair of glasses onto her face, pulls both her pistols, turns off the safety, and reholsters them. She then starts to gear up for rappelling if needed, although she remains clear of the rope just now. "I'll be one step behind you," she says to Gregory.

Lycar
2007-09-15, 04:06 AM
Gregory nods to Mig as he proceeds to prepare himself. Taking the grenade magazinee and a clip of gel rounds out of his pockets, he inserts them both into the assualt rifle, keeping the safety on and refraining from chambering a round so far.

"Good. Just call me Grunty. Everybody else did."

Feeling over the other pockets on his suit, to ensure what he put in there still is there, Gregory mentally prpares himself. It's always those minutes just before you go into action that are the worst. He takes the rifles grip to test the skinlink on the smartgun, finding it and the image link to work properly.

Not that he really expected otherwise but procedure is to check all gear just before deployment. Habits.

Lycar

dauphinous
2007-09-15, 07:04 AM
9:14pm
Condition critical - 06:02:33

It takes a few minutes to get to the location. Before the map is centered on the orange dot, Frank can make out some smoke rising from that location. Once you reach a half click away, it looks like the floor of the copter drops out. Everyone can see through the floor to the scene below. Zooming up a four lane street, everything seems perfectly fine. Right up until the orange dot is centered.

The scene below shows an auto accident of some kind. Two vehicles have apparently collided, and one of them is on fire. There is a group of four motorcycles, one of which has a sidecar, and two of which are carrying two riders each, arrayed around the pair of cars on one side, and a person lying on the ground between both vehicles. A few other cars and trucks are in the vicinity, as well.

[The intersection is large enough to land in, but skew towards the south parking lot, please.]

{
Map (http://dauphinous.coyotecode.net/dwsfrauburn.jpg)

The building in the lower right corner with the helicopter pad is a red zone, but the rest is either not colored or blue. You are coming from the left, and are about 60 meters up.
}

Lycar
2007-09-15, 09:27 AM
Gregory takes in the scene and frowns, giving his rifle the mental command to charge the firing chambers of both rifle and launcher component.

[Pilot, can you zoom in on the riders ? Maybe they are go-gangers.]

He turns to Brachial "Heh, just how keen are you guys on getting all the ammo back ? Cause i feel like feeding them a gas 'nade here."

A moment later he adds "Err... sorry, forget we are civil now... ask first, then shoot, right."

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-15, 10:07 AM
Ritsuko

[Which one's the client? The one on the ground, or is there someone in the burning car, or is it someone else?] she asks while scanning the area, particularly the motorbikes, activating the vision magnification on her glasses. To the group in the back with her she adds, "Have we any fire extinguishers on board?"

(Buying 2 hits on Knowledge: Seattle Go-gangs.)

Leshan
2007-09-15, 10:38 AM
[Right Kitty. And try and zoom in the picture on the men on the motorcycles; need to see if they're hostiles.]

"[Attempting to get a better visual on the possible gangers.]"

As it didn't seem to dangerous to land, Frank began to bring the helicopter down. He planned on landing partway on the parking lot without a chainlink fence, and partway on the road.

McSherrie
2007-09-15, 03:17 PM
Gatto's eyes slit again and she begins looking all around.

((I'm looking for anything on the astral near the accident.))

Santanya
2007-09-15, 04:26 PM
Brachial

Brachial stands again, bracing himself against the ceiling as he grabs a few things from the drawers, then moves to the door of the helicopter as he slips a pair of wrap around sunglasses on. He crouches near the front of the door, finding a good place to grab on, then opens the door, looking towards the accident scene.

((Using vision magification and enhancement to see if the people on the bikes are looking hostile as they descend.

Picked up: Trama patch, Biomonitor and a first aid kit.))

dauphinous
2007-09-16, 07:15 AM
9:14pm
Condition critical - 5:44:11

The map on the divider zooms in, but the vehicles and people are not displayed. Looking between the view through the floor and the map, though, the location of the orange dot makes it seem clear that the person lying on the ground is the client.

[I do not have any cameras, just map layouts. The view through the floor is not a camera image.]

The people on the bikes seem to be getting off the bikes. There are six of them in total. Two are trolls, two are orks, and two are humans. The trolls both stand back, staying close to their bikes, while the humans and orks seem to be heading towards the person on the ground. One of the trolls points upwards as the copter starts to descend, and the humans and orks start running towards the body. You are 50 meters up.

Lycar
2007-09-16, 08:43 AM
Gregory takes in the situation and comes to a conclusion.

"They are after our package. We need to act fast. Pilot, bring us down fast, and lets open the door. Time to suppress the enemy."

Gregory unbuckles from the seat and prepares to open fire on the presumed hostiles. Taking a deep breath he activates his cybernetic reflex enhancers.

(I'll never get used to this... it's so.. alien... but if that's the price to pay...)

Lycar

Leshan
2007-09-16, 11:42 AM
"[Coming in fast, brace for impact]"

Frank slows down enough so they don't crash, but attempts to land as fast as possible.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-16, 12:17 PM
Mig

Sliding the door open as the copter descends, Mig draws one of her pistols, firing a shot at one of the human gangers. (16 dice, called shot to the head, Ares Predator IV, gel round. Whatever distance modifier is necessary.) "Let's see if we can scare them off," she says.

McSherrie
2007-09-16, 02:39 PM
Gatto settles back into her seat and buckles in tightly. She grins at the team. "Good luck team. Let's do this. Oh, and leave the rat to me." Her pupils slit, then she slumps apparently unconscious in her seat.

((I'm going astral and calling in my spirit, just in case I need his help.))

Gatto flies out the door, then angles down towards the accident, trying to come in behind the rat shaman without drawing attention to herself.

Lycar
2007-09-16, 03:07 PM
Gregory gets into position to jump out of the chopper just the moment before it hits the ground. Also he is readying the grenade launcher to fire a gas grenade just behind the trolls, so that the casualty should not be affected, even if the grenade scatters a bit short.

"Gas 'nade on the trolls, prepare for assault !"

Lycar

dauphinous
2007-09-17, 09:55 AM
9:13pm
05:40:40

The copter goes straight down, like an elevator to hell. Gregory fires a gas grenade, and it hits about 2 meters shy of where he was aiming for, but skips and rolls to end up in the precise location he wanted. Mig grabs the handle on the outside of the copter and takes a shot at one of the humans. The shot hits the asphalt a couple of steps in front of the ganger, who stops in his tracks and rolls to the side, taking cover behind the burning car.

The troll farther back, who, if style of clothing is any indication, is female, seems to be concentrating on something, looking intently at the area of the crash. A shimmering, translucent wall has formed next to the burning vehicle. Though you cannot tell for certain from this angle, it looks like the wall is actually shielding your client from the fire. The other troll pulls an SMG and points it in your general direction and begins spraying bullets at the copter. Kitty's armor plating doesn't seem to have a problem deflecting the shots, and no one is tagged by any of them. The remaining human and two orks just dive for cover behind the two cars.

The copter lands as Gatto's astral form flies invisibly around behind the trolls. Brachial waits for there to be a hole for him to move through. Gregory hops out of the copter just before it touches down, lifting his weapon and returning the favor of a spray of bullets back at the trolls. His grenade pops and starts shooting gas into the air, causing both trolls and one of the humans {#1} to start coughing and hacking. The bullets spraying in that area also manage to tag the male troll, though he seems more affected by the gas than the lead.

{
Combat has begun. See OOC.
}

Santanya
2007-09-17, 10:23 AM
Brachial

Brachial frowns slightly, moving quickly as he can to Mig's seat and folds it upward and pulls open a panel to the side. He reaches in and pulls out a fire extinguisher and begins to ready it.

[Hey Hotdog,] he sends out as he looks up toward Frank. [May want to get on the loudspeaker and announce ourselves at this point, you know, the whole 'We're docwagon, stand down or we're here for the client, not you' spiel]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-17, 10:39 AM
Ritsuko

Rapidly pulling her second pistol (bought the successes on the quick draw and fire), Mig begins firing with both weapons, picking alternate targets. She stays in the chopper for now, letting Grunty take point. (Firing one pistol per simple action, the one with real bullets is directed at one of the orks, calling shots to the legs-- she's out to wound/scare off, not kill. The one with gel bullets she's aiming at one of the humans, again targeting the head. Rinse and repeat unless something significant changes.)

McSherrie
2007-09-17, 02:51 PM
After making a recon of the accident scene and checking to see if the rat shaman has any active foci she can attack, Gatto head back to her body.

Once back in the physical, Gatto moves out of the helicoptor quietly and quickly, trying to get the rat shaman into her line of sight before casting Chaotic World centered on her.

Leshan
2007-09-17, 03:13 PM
"[Of course Brachial, just making sure we didn't crash first.]"

Piping his voice into the loudspeaker Frank announces, "This is DocWagon. Do not hinder us in our mission to pick up our client. We are authorized to use deadly force."

Unholstering his pistol, Frank turns so he's facing towards the door but takes no other actions yet.

Lycar
2007-09-17, 03:50 PM
After regaining his footing after the jump and firing off a greeting salvo of gel round (and remembering that he now only has 42 rounds before he needs to reload), Gregory decides to press the advance before the enemy has time to dig in.

[Charging enemy positon, crap, they are on the package !]

Lycar

dauphinous
2007-09-17, 08:02 PM
9:15pm
05:37:51

Mig pulls her second gun and continues to fire from inside the copter. her first shot pelts the closest human in the head, and the blow knocks him to the ground, where he hits pretty hard. He puts a hand up where the gel round hit on his shaved head, and stares at the asphalt for a moment. With a now clean shot, Mig fires her other gun into the meat of the nearest ork's leg, buckling it out from under him. He tumbles to the ground, whacking his head pretty hard on the street.

Gatto swoops around the fight, taking everything in, then zips back to the copter. The male troll, coughing and spluttering and holding his head with one hand, shouts in a very deep voice, "Fragging Dockies! Get the frag outta here!" He gets back on the largest of the bikes. The glowing wall protecting the client from the car fire drops, and the female troll, staggering a little drunkenly, climbs onto the bike with the male troll.

The two unwounded gangers, both apparently female, rush up to assist the two wounded gangers. The human woman holds up a fully chromed hand in something of a surrendering gesture. "Hey! We're goin'! Stop shootin'! He's yers!"

Just about this time, Brachial has the fire extinguisher out and Gregory is dashing over to the cars. The fire in the one car could explode into a fireball at any moment. There are two adults in the non-burning car, both bloody and looking to have several broken bones.

{
combat over, but time still ticking...
}

McSherrie
2007-09-17, 09:00 PM
"Brachial! Hurry! His aura's getting ready to fly the coop!" I wonder why it is that the rat was trying to shield our boy...

Gatto perceives again, looking specifically at the lot surrounded by the chain link fence, trying to ascertain if there are any other immediate threats. She continues to move slowly towards the accident site.

Santanya
2007-09-17, 09:49 PM
Brachial

Brachial jumps out of the helecoptor and runs at top speed towards the accident scene, skirting around the back side of the car to avoid the gas cloud. As he passes Grunt, he drops the fire extinguisher at the orc's feet. "I'd like to not burn, if possible," he yells as he circles the end of the vehicle and gets to the client, shielding his face with an arm. He immediately begins working.

"Congratulations," he says as he works. "Your investment just paid off."

[Time of beginning of care: 9:16. Get that fire out!]

((Assuming I'd be using the First Aid skill with whatever bonus the first aid kit would be giving me. :) ))

Lycar
2007-09-18, 12:36 AM
Gregory was just about to pop up and spray the gangers with another volley of fire when Brachial dropped the extinguisher and the gangers decided to screw this and bugger off.

Suppressing his military ingrained reflex to shoot them anyway, he gives an affirmative grunt, shoulders the weapon and picks up the extinguisher to give some anti-fire support to the medic.

Lycar

Leshan
2007-09-18, 12:46 AM
"[They didn't put up much of a fight. Either they're cowards; or they might know that someone worse is coming. Keep yours eyes up for possible incoming threats.]"

Erring on the side of caution, Frank holsters his Ares Predator and removes from beneath his seat the Ares Alpha. He scans everywhere he can see looking for anything amiss.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-18, 12:58 AM
Ritsuko

[They're go-gangers. They don't usually put up much of a fight if a superior force shows up. Like DocWagon. I'm going to check on the other car.] She holsters her pistols and lightly jumps out of the helicopter, hurrying to the car that isn't on fire, and opening the door. "You two alive in here?" she asks, attempting to elicit a response-- any response-- from them.

dauphinous
2007-09-18, 07:38 AM
9:16pm

Frank notes that, as soon as Brachial gets to the client, the orange dot disappears from the map.

[Incoming message from Dispatch]
[Status change: Kitty to Transport]

Using the fire extinguisher on the flames immediately dampens them, though it takes a little effort to actually put the fire out, which Gregory works on while Brachial dashes to the client's side and gets to the doing of his job.

Mig's attempt to gain a response from the two people in the car is met with no reaction. They do not seem to be breathing.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-18, 10:43 AM
Ritsuko

[So, guys, the two in here aren't breathing-- I think. What should I do?] she says into the commlink.

McSherrie
2007-09-18, 12:05 PM
[They aren't ours. I'm sure locals will be by to take care of them soon enough. One point you all might find interesting, the gangers seemed to be trying to keep our client out of the fire... And we're being observed by an air spirit.]

Gatto hasn't taken her astral eyes off of the lot with the chain link fence since focussing on it. Now she begins to move closer, confident that Brachial will take care of the client and not let the team leave without her.

Lycar
2007-09-18, 12:11 PM
Gregory buisies himself trying to put out the fire before the extinguisher runs dry. However, he still finds time to give a comment of his own.

[Hrmph, so our package is valuable cargo. Let's drop him off as soon as possible.]

While he doesn't have intimate knowledge of the shadows or the sinister inner workings of corporations, he did watch enough trid to know what an 'extraction' is. This one, apparently, runs under 'botched'.

After a moment of hesistation, he asks Mig [Check their pulse ?]

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-18, 12:26 PM
Ritsuko/Mig

[Okay. Just one question. How do I do that?] Her tone is quite serious.

(Ahh, Incompetent flaw, how I love thee. =) )

Santanya
2007-09-18, 01:00 PM
Brachial

Brachial works the man over as quickly as he can. A quick shot into the man's neck and then begins to spray a thick coating from a applicator across the man's head. [We need the stretcher from the chopper, and call Lonestar about the accident, Hotdog.] He glances up towards the non-burning car. "I'll check them as soon as this one's heading towards the chopper," he calls out. "Not our job, but then, its good for a future customer." He looks back down at the man as he reaches into the kit and pulls out a silver package. He rips it open with his teeth and starts dusting the worse of the visible wounds with the powder from inside.

[Be careful with him, he has about 10 broken bones, a skull fracture, and enough skin on the pavement to interest a chop shop.] He looks to the others to make sure someone is going for the stretcher, then grabs the bio-monitor and moves to the car, checking each of the passengers.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-18, 01:04 PM
Ritsuko/Mig

Being pretty useless to the pair in the car, Mig dashes off to the chopper for the stretcher, leaving the wounded to more competent hands than hers.

Leshan
2007-09-18, 04:08 PM
"[Wow, another nickname I can't stand. Alerting Lonestar to the situation.]"

[Kitty, connect me to the Lonestar dispatch], Frank thinks and waits as Kitty complies. Once Kitty does he sends the following message.

"[This is DocWagon at the intersection of ((wherever we are)). There has been an automobile accident: two cars involved. One had one person in it; our client. The other had two occupents; not breathing. One car is on fire but one of us is attempting to put it out.]"

Santanya
2007-09-18, 04:19 PM
Brachial

Brachial grins slightly as he checks out the two in the vehicle. [No? Hmm... How about Braut? Sausage? Vienna?] he suggest helpfully. [The stretcher is in the right hand side, behind my seat. Fold it up and open the panel. It should slide out and unfold.]

McSherrie
2007-09-18, 04:25 PM
[Hebrew National. Our observer seems to have gotten bored. I'm heading back.]

Gatto turns around and heads back towards the helicoptor, staying alert astrally just to make sure nothing else odd turns up.

dauphinous
2007-09-18, 04:38 PM
Gregory fights the blaze valiantly, quenching it with the full force blast of chemicals. He then sprints after Ritsuko, who is able to find the stretcher as soon as Brachial tells her where it is. Assuming that the shoebox sized thing in that location is actually the stretcher, anyway. It weighs more than it looks like it ought to, but isn't that heavy, no more than a couple of kilos. How exactly to transform this piece of...metal(?) into a stretcher is a mystery.

[Connection to Lone Star Dispatch Active]
Frank transmits his message, which garners a reply.
[LSDispatch: Message received: Auto accident at intersection of Norris and Freemont. Thanks for the tip, DocWagon.]

Brachial's cursory inspection reveals that the two people in the car are quite dead.

dauphinous
2007-09-20, 06:12 AM
Ritsuko gives a shot at figuring out how to open the stretcher, shaking it and twisting the parts a bit. It opens rather suddenly, unfolding almost violently into a stretcher long and wide enough to carry even a troll. The frame is all that silver metal-like stuff, and the interior is some kind of strong, stretchy fabric.

As she wasn't expecting it and has never used such a thing, the action of opening up the stretcher whacks Ritsuko pretty hard in the head and she drops the thing. It clatters to the ground at Gregory's feet.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-20, 10:35 AM
Ritsuko

The elf lets out a very unladylike string of curses in Japanese as the stretcher hits her in the head, looking at the thing as if she wants to shoot it.

(OOC: Will be offline until Monday, please NPC Mig as appropriate.)

Santanya
2007-09-20, 10:43 AM
Brachial

Brachial frowns as he stands up, shaking his head. [Too late for these two,] he sends to the others, looking over just as the stretcher explodes into its full form. He poorly hides a grin as he circles back to the client and monitors him.

((I'll be mostly gone until then as well. I'll try to check in at night, but I don't guarantee I'll be able to every night.))

Lycar
2007-09-20, 01:44 PM
Gregory was thinking about complementing Mig on her shooting just then, but then she gets pummeled by a stretcher. So he just gives off an amused grunt "Betta keep ya away from explosives, eh ?"

So he leaves Mig to her cussing out the rogue stretcher and instead grabs it and proceeds to push it up to Brachial and the patient.

"Here ya go doc. Want me to put him up there ?"

Lycar

dauphinous
2007-09-20, 02:23 PM
9:17pm

Between Brachial and Gregory, they can get the man on the stretcher without further injuring him, then cart him back to the copter. Whatever this thing is made out of, it seems to make the job pretty easy. Or maybe it's just that Gregory is more than strong enough to heft this average-weight man without an issue.

Brachial kicks the blank panel in the wall and a cot-like bed folds out, which the client is then transferred to with ease. Sirens can be heard nearing the location, and the map shows two black dots moving in your direction, one of them about 2 blocks away and the other just a little farther.

Leshan
2007-09-20, 03:16 PM
"[Sound off as soon as you're ready to go and then we'll take off,]" Frank messages everyone. Putting the Alpha back under his seat, Frank returns his full attention to piloting.

[Kitty; unless our client has a specific place he wants to be taken please display the nearest hospital.]

dauphinous
2007-09-21, 09:50 AM
The map display is updated with a light blue dot a little more than one km away. As soon as Brachial secures the client in the bed, he performs a deft flick of both wrists and the stretcher folds right back up like it was originally found. Gregory can shut the door with everyone inside and the copter can lift off just as the first Lone Star patrol car drives up.

Brachial stows the stretcher while Ritsuko stows the fire extinguisher. It has an obvious way that it snaps into place. Both then take their seats and strap back in.

[The Auburn Community Emergency Services Clinic does not have a helicopter pad]

Lycar
2007-09-21, 12:59 PM
Gregory himself straps in when he realizes that Brachial doesn't need any help with the patient, remembering to secure the rifle and switch off his artificial reflex boost. He waits for Frank (or 'Hotdog') to bring the chopper into a stable flight position, then he starts with securing his gear.

"Nice shooting there Mig." he comments as he proceeds to first remove the grenade magazine, then catches the chambered shell with practised ease as he gives the mental command to cycle to the cyberweapon.

"You ambidextrous or something ?"

Grunty then stows the grenade mag away and repeats the process with the rifle magazine, except this time, he needs to insert the ejected round into the half-empty clip, which he changed out during the firefight.

[Heh, do they want after-action reports for every round fired ?]


Lycar

McSherrie
2007-09-21, 03:02 PM
Gatto settles into her seat comfortably, after checking it first for dirt.

"Good job. I think we've got the start of a decent team here, Brachial. Now, let's get this guy where he's going."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-24, 11:42 AM
Ritsuko

Mig shrugs at the compliment. "Wounding him probably wasn't necessary, although it worked. And yes, I am. It sort of developed as I grew up." She looks worried as the ork relays his question over the commlink. "They wouldn't ask us to account for every bullet would they?"

McSherrie
2007-09-24, 06:55 PM
"They're difficult like that sometimes."

Gatto turns to look at the client, her pupils going to slits again.

((She's looking to see if she can find out why the gangers were trying to save him.))

Lycar
2007-09-25, 12:32 AM
Gregory listens to Gatto and rolls his eyes, giving off a grunt that sounds like it's equal parts resignation/derision.

(Oh well, we'll see just how anal they are about bean-counting... or bullet-counting.)

Then it occurs to him that he didn't see Mig secure her weapons. So he asks her about it "You not going to secure your weapons ?".

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-25, 11:08 AM
Ritsuko

The elf shrugs her shoulders, adjusting the holster, showing the pistol set in it. "We're on duty, yes? So it's secured in its holster, but I'm not putting the safety on. Precious seconds wasted if one has to turn off the safety each time. Why? Do you not trust me?" she asks with a small smile.

Lycar
2007-09-25, 12:14 PM
Gregory looks at Mig for a moment, then shrugs. "Standard procedure. It's all fun and games until some enemy mage pulls your trigger for you."

Of course, with a smartlinked weapon, Gregory only has to think about disengaging the safety and chambering a round, and the rifle will do all the actual work for him.

Lycar

Leshan
2007-09-25, 01:56 PM
[That's fine Kitty. Check the map of the hospital for where ambulances unload the patients and see if there's any area nearby where we can touch down and unload the client]

"[Taking off now,]" Frank subvocalises as he gently lifts off. He makes sure to keep the ride a smooth one; so as not to exacerbate the clients wounds.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-25, 02:08 PM
Ritsuko/Mig

"If a mage is going to that much effort, the same mage could release the safety as well." She shrugs again, "It seems we grew up with different standard procedures. Unsurprising, I suppose."

dauphinous
2007-09-25, 02:33 PM
[The ambulance area is not adequate. My rotor will hit the building. Maverick has already proven that. Twice. You can land in the parking lot or the street.]

As the copter takes off, the floor of it changes back to solid white. The flight is short, just a hop - not even a skip and a jump with it. On the way, a white dot marked as:
Candygram - AuburnG03
moves across the screen, intersecting with your path, then it keeps going. It is probably a ground vehicle, as it is following the streets.

The ambulance area of the two story clinic has an overhang that looks like it might make a just large enough opening for the copter to get through. There are two smoothly curved chunks missing from that overhang, each having maybe a foot of missing material at the deepest point.

The parking lot has enough space at the moment if you put the tail of the copter down in the ambulance area.

{
The divider is still showing the map, so you can all see it.
}

Lycar
2007-09-25, 02:56 PM
Grunty just nods at Mig and falls silent again. Unsurprising indeed. And their respective fighting styles are quite different too.

Lycar

Leshan
2007-09-25, 04:16 PM
Frank does put into the parking lot. Once they touch down he sends a signal to open the door for the others to get the client out.

Santanya
2007-09-26, 01:33 AM
Brachial

Brachial glances at the divider map and raises his eyebrow. [Anyone get a ID on that?] he asks curiously.

Brachial leans out the door, looking up at the clinic for a moment, chuckling softly. "Hey, we didn't crash this time," he says as he leans back in and moves back to the patient. He checks over him again as he transmits.

[Clinic, this is DocWagon-Kitty. We have a patient to drop off with you fine folks. Multiple abrasions, about 10 broken bones by my count as well as a skull fracture. The patient has been stabilized, but is still in critical condition. We'll be bringing him in just a moment.]

This is of course if there weren't any ambulances IN the ambulance area that we just caught with our tail. I'll edit if there were. >.>

dauphinous
2007-09-26, 06:54 AM
Frank sets the copter down neatly with no impacts or damage to anything. The ambulance area is empty at the moment. Aside from Kitty's tail, anyway.

[Good timing. We're nearly empty, so sit tight. We'll have someone out in a few seconds to collect him.]

As promised, only about three seconds pass before a pair of men come running out of the double doors with a stretcher. Both are dressed in crisp white uniforms. One is an ork, completely bald, and the other is a fairly large human with short black hair.

The ork is the one that speaks in a light tenor voice. "Hi there. You got a contract number for me?" They assist with getting the client out of the copter and onto their own stretcher.

Lycar
2007-09-26, 12:23 PM
Grunty just helps Brachial and the orderlies with the patient as needed.

Lycar

Santanya
2007-09-26, 03:24 PM
Brachial

Brachial assists in transfering the patient to the stretcher. "34S71993H21M1," he recites as they gently strap him to the stretcher. "Allergic to tree nuts as well," he adds, nodding to the pair.

He stands up, watching the two orderlies secure the patient and complete the transfer, a slight grin on his face. "Tell him sorry about the hair, but it was that or let his skull rattle," he says, waving towards the rubberized cap he had sprayed onto the man's head. "You need anything else?" he asks.

dauphinous
2007-09-26, 07:31 PM
9:20pm

The ork nods and helps his fellow employee as they take the man away. Both chuckle a little about the hair comment, then the ork says, "Nope, s'all good. Hope we don't see ya again tonight." They cart the guy inside with a moderate amount of haste.

[Incoming message form Dispatch]
[Status Change: Kitty to On Call]

Lycar
2007-09-27, 12:32 PM
Gregory receives the message and remarks "Job's done, back to waiting for action.".

Leaning back in the seat after buckling up again, he closes his eyes for a few moments, as if remembering something.

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-27, 12:59 PM
Ritsuko/Mig

Shifting in her seat as the bird takes off again, Mig asks the veterans, "How can we improve on our tactics?"

Santanya
2007-09-27, 01:22 PM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly, tapping the divider a couple times before moving back to the fold down table and straightening it back up. [Good to go, we're back on duty,] he sends as he works.

He folds the table back into the wall and turns back, grinning slightly as the chopper takes back off. [We did relatively well overall. Force was used, but not overly much in my opinion. We have to be careful though, they could have been there to try to help,] he says, shrugging slightly. [I'm not foolish enough to say that was necessarily the case, but we did fire first.] He shrugs slightly as he moves to the wall of drawers. [I'm not passing judgement though, you all did good,] he says as he begins replaces supplies in the first aide kit. [Especially for newbies,] he adds, grinning slightly.

Lycar
2007-09-27, 02:35 PM
Gregory grunts "Heh, sorry, old habits. Wait for them to start something next time, got it."

Lycar

Leshan
2007-09-27, 02:41 PM
Frank

Frank lifts off and immediatly starts heading back to the point where they had been waiting before the call had come in. He just listens as the others discuss tactics; not adding anything at the moment.

McSherrie
2007-09-28, 11:38 AM
"Well, You can always read the manual for the stretcher. Kitty should have it somewhere." Gatto winks at Mig, making it obvious that she is only joking. "Other than that, you all did pretty well. Just keep your eyes open. And remember, the gangers don't always give up that easily."

Santanya
2007-09-28, 02:51 PM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly and shrugs. "No bodies, no foul," he says aloud to Grunt. "Beats having them get in the way," he adds, fitting the first aid kit back into its storage location and sitting down in his seat. "Just be careful is all," he says. He relaxes into the seat, not bothering with the harness for now. [How're you all feeling?] he asks, looking towards Mig and Grunt, then glancing up towards the front of the chopper.

Lycar
2007-09-28, 03:06 PM
Gregory just shrugs and subvocalizes back, smirking [I'm fine. That was just a skirmish at best. Not that i complain if that's the worst we ever get.].

He pauses a moment before adding [Perhaps you should show us where all the equipment is stowed though. Saves time.]

Lycar

dauphinous
2007-10-01, 07:46 AM
The Lone Star feeds continue to be constant, but there is a lot of reporting of 404s, 021s, and coffee breaks. Seems like maybe it's going to be a relatively quiet night.

10:31

A bright orange flashing dot appears on the map with the following:
Condition serious Ė 10:00:00
The dot is practically underneath you already, less than 1 km to the south, probably in the residential neighborhood over that way.

[Incoming message from Dispatch]
[Status change: Kitty to Retrieval]

Santanya
2007-10-01, 10:16 AM
Brachial

Brachial sits up, looking at the map. "Convienent," he says as he pushes himself into the seat and pulls the harness over his shoulder. "Once more into the breach, dear friends," he says, grinning slightly. "To think there's only four and a half more hours to save people, we are blessed." He smiles, bracing himself for the short flight to the client. [Everyone ready for round two?]

Lycar
2007-10-01, 01:44 PM
[Ready], Grunty replies via comlink. He does start to insert the magazines into his assault rifle again.

(Residential area. Accident maybe.)

Lycar

McSherrie
2007-10-01, 11:09 PM
"Ding ding ding." Gatto's eyes go slitted again as she begins to perceive in the direction of the blip.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-02, 12:22 AM
Mig

The elf woman watches the map as they approach, her pistols still holstered. "It is better, then, to let them fire first if there are any hostiles in the area?" she asks the group in all seriousness.

Santanya
2007-10-02, 01:33 AM
Brachial

Brachial grins slightly. "Just double check all targets," he says with a slight shrug. "You didn't do bad last time," he adds, smiling to Mig. "Just remember we have a lot of clients out there. Keep the current client safe."

He shrugs slightly and shakes his head, knowing he wasn't coming across clearly. "I just don't want to have to patch up extra people if we can avoid it," he says with a smile.

dauphinous
2007-10-02, 06:58 AM
10:32
Condition serious - 9:12:07

The floor goes transparent again, and you see all buildings that are uniform in shape, style, and size. The area is residential, but there is an empty lot in the middle of the sea of housing. The lot has a broken concrete foundation, and there is rubble of various sorts scattered about, including a couple of partial walls and what could be pieces of plastic furniture. Judging by the size of the surrounding buildings, it must actually be two lots. One of the lots abuts an alleyway.

More important at the moment is that there is a grey-blue van in the lot that seems to be moving back out of the lot. There are also three people in the lot, facing towards the alley, two people climbing up fire escape ladders of adjacent buildings, and four other people coming down the alley. They are clearly two sides of some sort of conflict, as the muzzle flashes of gunfire are obvious, even if the sounds of their weapons don't reach all the way to 100m up.

The three people who seem to be 'defending' the lot are all dressed in camouflage armor. The person who is clearly the orange dot is on the ground, but crawling a little bit to get behind the cover of a partially intact something - barrel, maybe - and although it is not completely clear which side he is on, it is probably the defending team, judging by the fact that the three other defenders are not aiming or shooting anywhere near him.

The other men are all in plain black clothing. It is impossible to tell exactly what kind of clothing from here, but given that they seem to be participating in a firefight, it is highly likely to be armored in some fashion. There is a second van parked on the street behind the houses, where the men in black may have come from. It is certainly large enough to have held all of them, and it is plain white, unmarked.

Map (http://dauphinous.coyotecode.net/dwsfrauburn.jpg)

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-02, 10:29 AM
Ritsuko/Mig

[Hey, hotdog,] she says into the comms, picking up on Brachial's nickname for the pilot, [you going to be able to land this thing, or do we need to get ready to rappel down?]

Lycar
2007-10-02, 12:52 PM
Gregory/Grunty

Taking in the tactical situation with a frown, Gregory eventually shrugs and grunts "Machienegunners don't do rappeling.. oh well, always a first time for everything."

After a few more moments he adds [Suggest we pop some smoke there on our client's position and try to haul him out without drawing fire.], looking between the others for consent and/or suggestions.

Lycar

Leshan
2007-10-02, 02:21 PM
Frank

"[I'm going to land in the middle of the lot with the door facing the client. It'll provide some cover while the client is being loaded if the guys in the alley decide to retaliate.]"

As the chopper starts to get close to landing, Frank will announce to the area, "This is DocWagon. We are here only for our client. We are authorized and willing to respond to any hostile actions taken towards us or the client with lethal force." As he announces that he sends a command to the side door to open, so that Mig or Grunty can throw a smoke grenade or rappel down at their discretion.

Lycar
2007-10-02, 04:51 PM
Grunty unstraps himself and gets up. "Right, so where's the rappeling gear ? Or would you rather i do what i'm best at and just keep ready to spray everything with covering fire ?"

After a moment, a thought strikes him and he asks [Hey Hotdog ? Can you get the chopper down there ? This thing is armoured against small arms fire and that seems to be all these guys have. Put it between our parcel and the shooters and we ought to have a easy extraction maybe ?]

Lycar

McSherrie
2007-10-02, 05:09 PM
Gatto supresses a chuckle, then turns to the more serious matter at hand. [As long as you stay between us and the hostiles, it should all be good, pilot boy Frank. And, Grunty, I think we'd all prefer not to have to run through smoke to get the paying customer out. If you really need a cigar, blow it the other way. Towards the guys who will be shooting at us.]

dauphinous
2007-10-02, 09:08 PM
10:32
Condition serious - 8:51:23

The copter drops into the middle of the firefight. The defending team backs out of the way, towards the buildings and the client. The three of them keep shooting at the black-clad men. As you get closer you can see that one of the camo team is actually a woman with short black hair. The other two are men, and all three (humans) look to be loaded with gear for just about anything. One of them has a black briefcase that he is holding onto tightly.

The black team is clearly all men, and one of them lobs in a grenade just as the copter gets close enough that you could start hopping out without risking hurting yourselves (from the fall, anyway). Gunshots ting off of Kitty's armor plating. They clearly seem undeterred by your presence, and more than happy to involve you all in the battle.

The van backs out into the street, swerving to go around Kitty's tail and heading towards the camo team - not away from the fight.

{
Let's switch to declaring a round at a time now, shall we?
The grenade will go off shortly - it looks like it will probably hit the building, though if it has a timer instead of an impact fuse, who knows when and where it will actually go off.
}

Lycar
2007-10-03, 07:53 AM
Grunty grunts "Dont'cha just love a hot LZ.." as he fires up his reflex boost and prepares to jump out of the chopper, as soon as it's down low enough.

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-03, 03:47 PM
Ritsuko/Mig

As the copter descends, Mig straps herself into the rappelling gear, secures herself to the interior and tips herself out of the door so she's hanging upside-down, half-in, and half-out of the helicopter. She pulls both pistols and starts to fire, picking targets from among the opposition, attempting to disable, not kill.

(Buying the successes to quick-draw and fire in the same action, firing one pistol each simple action, 16 dice. Head shots for one pistol (gel rounds), and leg shots with the other (regular rounds). She'll continue this for each round until the grenade goes off or the opposition breaks and runs.)

Santanya
2007-10-03, 04:09 PM
Brachial

Brachial grabs the first aide kit and prepares for the chopper to land, staring at the ground out side the door.

Leshan
2007-10-03, 07:08 PM
Frank

[Kitty, let me know if any major damage is caused by the incoming fire if it happens]

Pulling out his Predator, Frank readies himself to provide covering fire if needed.

McSherrie
2007-10-03, 07:44 PM
Gatto, still perceiving, stands up but hangs back to allow the fire power of the team first access to the door. "And to think, lucky us get invited to the best block party around..."

dauphinous
2007-10-04, 08:00 AM
10:32
Condition Serious - 8:49:12

Mig drops half her body out the door of the copter and starts shooting under it. The first shot hits the wall behind her target. For the second shot, though, as she whips her gun around to make the shot, the top slide flies off instead of a bullet flying out. The piece falls directly downwards, landing with a small puff of dust, and can be retrieved when the copter lands.

The grenade hits the corner of the two buildings about 3 meters off the ground and explodes on impact, showering down chunks of plascrete and shards of metal. The client, who you can now see is an ork dressed in dark colors, rolls to his side in an attempt to get out of the blast zone.

"Frog! No time to croak now! Youíve got a fly to catch!" One of the men on the camo team shouts this, apparently at the client, while heís busy taking aim with his machine gun at the black team guy just getting up to the top of the farther building. Two bursts of bullets peg the guy in the back, and he lets go of the ladder to fall down into the alley from about 10 meters up. Already a limp body, he hits with thud, crunch, and spluck noises. The other camo team guy, the one with the briefcase, scoots over to the ork and starts dragging him towards the copter with one gun-toting arm and with his back presented to the black team.

As the copter gets within a few feet of the ground, Grunty jumps out and hits the ground running. The copter touches down just after this, and there is a barrage of gunfire from the black team. As he pulls out his gun, Frank is privy to the sight of a spray of bullets hitting the copter right in front of him Ė many would be either head or center man shots if Kitty wasnít there - and trailing down the side.

Grunty takes a single bullet hit as he runs, in the meat of his right shoulder, which is thankfully covered by his armored jumpsuit. The impact is solid and heavy, twisting his torso some, but not knocking him down or ripping through the plating. It must have impacted with some major blood vessel, or hit the muscle just right, though, because his vision threatens to cloud over some. He and the briefcase guy do have the ork well in hand and are now carrying him back to Kitty.

The van that was in the lot squeals to a stop next to the lot on the other side of Kitty now and the door flies open. The camo team woman ducks and fires a full auto spray under Kitty, carefully avoiding hitting Mig. The bullets skitter across the ground, causing the black team guys to duck behind the building corner. She starts running towards the van.

{
Mig uses 1 point of Edge to avoid a critical glitch
Grunty takes 7 boxes Stun damage (resistance test already made)
}

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-04, 11:12 AM
Mig

Swearing sulfurously in Japanese, Mig retrieves the pistol component the moment it's within reach and reassembles the weapon rapidly. She then commences to lay suppression fire for Grunty and the camo guy as they bring the client towards the copter. Not trying to hit anyone, just trying to keep heads down and weapons silenced. (Switching to firing both pistols per simple action, 7 dice per pistol.)

Santanya
2007-10-04, 11:24 AM
Brachial

Brachial watches Grunty and the camo covered man drag the client towards the chopper. He quickly moves to the bed, kicking it again to drop it out and prepares it to get the client up on. [Get him in here and up on the table face down,] he sends out to his team, moving to help get the client in and up onto the table of the chopper.

Lycar
2007-10-04, 01:49 PM
Gregory just grunts as the bullet strikes. He stumbles for just one step before regaining his composure.

(Pain, old friend, there you are again...)

When the other camouflaged man helps him prop up his comrade, he just gives him a short nod.

He doesn't know these people. Nor the black-clad assailants. But the med-evacs don't know the people they lift out of the combat zone either and they still do their job without fail. Yeah, about time to give something back...

He keeps on dragging/pushing the injured ork towards the chopper, into Brachial's waiting hands and onto the bed.

Lycar

McSherrie
2007-10-04, 04:30 PM
Gatto exits the coptor as stealthily as she can, and walks towards it's nose, looking under it to spot the men in black. ((Will Smith get out of my mind.)) Focusing on the black suit nearest the middle of the group, she casts a full force Chaotic World, her green eyes blazing briefly during the casting.

dauphinous
2007-10-05, 12:15 PM
10:32
Condition serious - 08:45:37

After reassembling her gun, Mig just starts laying down suppression fire, which seems to be having the desired effect of causing the black team guys to take pause at showing their faces. Gatto slides out of the copter and ducks around it to target some of the black team members with a spell. Three of the four men on the ground (not including the dead one, of course) act like they might be affected, shaking their heads or waving an arm as if to swat at a bug.

Grunty and the briefcase guy make it the rest of the way to the copter without taking any more hits. Everyone does hear a very loud, unpleasant, metallic clank noise coming from overhead, though. More shots are fired at the copter by the guys on the ground, this time impacting all over the place in front of Frank and on the ground nearby. One shot ricochets to skim the ground right next to Gatto, but she isn't hit.

[Damage to overhead rotor. Flight will not be impaired, but repair is required. Sending off-duty repair request to Dispatch.]

The other two camo team members unload their guns around the copter as they dash for the van. The woman dives inside it as her gun empties and begins to just click.

The briefcase guy is tall and muscular with dark colored hair in a buzzcut. He is wearing a camouflage suit with the night pattern showing and black combat boots and gloves. His eyes are obviously fake, as they look like plain silver orbs. He otherwise has the skin tone and general facial features of a Latino with a thin scar on the right side of his face that starts at his temple and ends at his jawline. Aside from the armored suit, he has a light machine gun, a belt with extra clips on it, the briefcase, a pistol at the small of his back in a holster on the belt, and a sheathed knife strapped to his right leg.

Briefcase guy hops up into the copter to help haul the orc in, slinging his gun over a shoulder and guiding the body as directed. The ork groans a little. "You drekheads, they followed you," he mumbles.

10:31
[Incoming message from Dispatch]
[Off-duty repair request #Kitty# received and filed]
[Status change: Kitty to Transport]

{
Gatto takes 2 boxes Stun damage from Drain
Gatto and Grunty are on the ground outside the copter. Mig is hanging from the floor of the copter, head dangling upside down and shooting. Briefcase guy is in the copter helping to load the client.
The last camo team guy is running for their van.
The black team has one man down, four on the ground that are still shooting rather wildly, and apparently one sniper on the roof.
}

McSherrie
2007-10-05, 12:27 PM
Gatto makes her way back to the coptor, shaking her head slightly. Once back inside, she slumps into her seat with her eyes closed and rubs her temples. Then she opens her eyes and looks around astrally for a moment making sure that there isn't any astral threat.

Lycar
2007-10-05, 12:32 PM
Grunty frowns as he realizes that their ride is taking hits. Sure, the chopper is armoured, but even a metal beast has it's weak spots...

Gregory unslings his rifle with a grunt and sends the mental command to charge the firing chambers.

[Should have done that sooner...]

Then he quickly crouches down and fires a gas grenade into the bulk of the enemy formation.

He thinks about looking around the chopper's body to spot the sniper for a moment, but then he remembers the particularly gruesome fate of a former fellow soldier and decides to stick to cover instead.

Meaning that he intends to board the chopper.

Lycar

Leshan
2007-10-05, 12:37 PM
Frank

Seeing as how the client and most of the team is on board; Frank holsters his Predator and gets Kitty ready to lift off. "[Sound off as soon as everyone's on board]," he messages to the team. He swears a bit to himself about the damage to the rotor and wishes that the helicopter had some mounted weaponry so he could give some pay back to the team firing at them.

Santanya
2007-10-05, 12:43 PM
Brachial

Brachial helps get the orc up onto the table, peering at the orc. He begins strapping him securely. [Time to go,] he sends out to the others as he drops his hand to his belt a moment, then lets out a sigh.

[Not such a nice drop off this time,] he sends as he starts to check the wound. [1573 Oriscene Way, Puyallup is our destination, Hotdog.]

[Mark Patient under care as well, Kitty,] he sends out as he begins strapping the orc securely to the table. "You," he says, thumbing at the briefcase man, "back there, please," he says, waving a hand towards one of the seats in the rear of the chopper, out of the way as he leans over the orc.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-05, 02:34 PM
Mig

Mig continues to lay suppression fire as the copter takes off. Only once it's several feet into the air will she pull herself back inside. She's still rattling off a string of foul Japanese.

dauphinous
2007-10-05, 07:45 PM
10:33

"Aye." Briefcase guy plasters himself into the back, as requested, with no protest whatsoever. He straps himself in like he's done it before and sets the briefcase in his lap. "Frog, they did not. Cracker was driving. Not possible to follow her."

The ork, now lying face down on the bed, laughs, which turns immediately into a groan and some coughing with light laughter mixed in.

Grunty pops a grenade over at the black team, landing it a little short. Mig is still firing as Gatto hops back up into the copter, followed shortly by Grunty. About the same time that Frank starts to pull the copter off the ground, the other camo team guy takes a running leap into the van, and it squeals away. A could of gas begins to billow up from the grenade.

The door can be closed after Mig pulls herself back in. Frank can see that the black team guys are pulling back now, picking up their fallen man and heading for their own van with haste. The map shows several Lone Star contacts converging on the location, which may be related to their withdrawal. Or maybe it's that there's nothing to do there anymore. Or it might be because there is a gas grenade spewing. Can't say for sure.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-05, 09:10 PM
Mig

Once inside with the doors closed, Mig unhooks herself from the rappelling harness. She field strips the faulty pistol, giving it a good cleaning before replacing all the parts, still muttering curses under her breath in Japanese. (Anyone who understands the language would probably gather she's chewing herself out, not the pistol.)

Lycar
2007-10-06, 02:41 AM
Grunty just goes to strap himself in again, wincing as he sits down.

[Caught a bullet to the shoulder. Hurts like a mofo. Didn't penetrate though.]

When Frank has the chopper back in level flight, he goes through the motions of unloading his rifle again.

Lycar

Santanya
2007-10-06, 01:24 PM
Brachial

Brachial begins working on the orc on the table, pausing to glance toward Grunty, then back to Gatto. "Let me finish stabalizing him first," he says as he pulls on a pair of gloves. "Then I'll take a look at you both." He yanks open a drawer and pulls out a pair of thick bladed scissors. He gingerly pulls the top layer of the orcs coat up and make a slit in three directions away from the hole, folding them back and under before repeating the process with the orc's shirt. He forces his hand under the orc, and withdraws it, blood showing on his finger tips. "Luckily for you, it went all the way through," he says, pulling open another drawer and withdrawing a thin can and a silver nozzle. "This is going to sting like hell," he say as he shoves the silver nozzle into the can, then slowly inserts it into the wound, sinking its tip deep into the wound slowly before pressing the button on the can and withdrawing slowly. A dark orange goo seeps out of the wound as the nozzel exits the wound.

Brachial immediate pushes the entire can and nozzle into a biowaste receptical. From another drawer, as if by magic, he produces a second can which he sprays over the wound. A hot pink film covers the wound, quickly adhering and drying in the air. Brachial pauses a moment, then shrugs. "Where does Slappatch GET these when he resupplies?" he boggles slightly, loosening the straps over the Orc's torso. "Lean to the side some," he says, lifting the orc and kneeling next to the table so he can get to the front of the orc's shoulder. The orange goo seeps from the exit wound as well. Brachial repeats the process of getting the mans jacket and shirt away from the sound, patting a piece of gauze over it to clean away excess blood, then sprays the hot pink substance over the wound quickly. "There," he says, patting the orc's shoulder.

dauphinous
2007-10-06, 07:05 PM
10:33

Briefcase guy gives Brachial a slight nod and smirks at him. The ork, though, he groans. "Those fragging rat bastards. This was a new suit." He hisses under Brachial's ministrations but does as he's told, not resisting in the slightest. "Tell Cracker she's fired. You're all fired. Until next week. At least." The ork grins even as he cringes from the pain.

"I'll let them know, Frog. Does that mean you don't want your stuff?" Briefcase guy snickers at the ork.

"As if. You're lucky I have one of these contracts, and that my doc is a nice guy. I'd take it out of your pay if I didn't."

Briefcase guy laughs.

"What's your name, kid?" The ork isn't looking at anything but the door of the copter, so it is not at all clear who he might be referring to, except that it's a reasonable assumption he isn't talking to briefcase guy.

Lycar
2007-10-06, 07:39 PM
Grunty just assumes that the patient is speaking to Brachial. After all, he's the one who is patching him up. Always good to be on the medic's good side after all.

Rolling his shoulder around a bit, Gregory finds the pain to still be there and having made itself comfortable, thanks for asking. He just waits until the medic can spare some time to look at his own injury.

Lycar

Santanya
2007-10-08, 12:49 PM
Brachial

Brachial nods slightly to the Ork. "Brachial," he says looking over both the exit and entry wounds once more to make sure that they're sealed properly. He loosens the remaining straps, letting the ork move slightly if he wants to. Finally, since the patient is conscious and not whining, he reaches up to the top row of drawers and pulls one out, withdrawing a red and green sucker. "Red or green?" he says, grinning slightly at the orc, holding them out towards him.

dauphinous
2007-10-08, 01:35 PM
10:35

Briefcase guy laughs harder, and the ork chuckles. "I'll take green, thanks. Everybody calls me Frog. Crater, call ahead to Doc Sparks for me. I'm just gonna lie here and think happy thoughts with my lollipop."

"He's got a helipad on the roof you guys can use. Sweet place." Briefcase guy chuckles. "Minx is gonna be pissed she has to go all the way to Puyallup to pick me up. Don't suppose you guys could give me a lift downtown?" He's grinning broadly, clearly meaning it as a joke.

"Aww. Everybody give Crater some sympathy. She'll kick him to the couch tonight."

There's a pause as briefcase guy (apparently named 'Crater') stares at the wall. Then he grins again. "Ah, worse. She'll make me go when she visits her sister for lunch tomorrow."

Frog starts laughing again, wincing as he does. "Don't piss off a Latina woman, Brachial. That's today's lesson."

The copter zips southward, headed for a location maybe 2km into Puyallup.

McSherrie
2007-10-08, 01:50 PM
Gatto unstraps, stands up, walks over, and takes the red lollypop. "What, no purple, Brach?" She unwraps the lollypop, sticks it in her mouth, and smiles down at the ork. "I'm Gatto. I don't know whether we can drop Crater off downtown or not. Depends on Pilot Boy Frank. But you are absolutely right about Latino women. And women in general." Gatto winks, then moves back to her seat.

Santanya
2007-10-08, 02:22 PM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly turning towards Gatto as she moves back to her seat. He follows, pulling a penlight from his pocket and crouches down in front of her. He clicks the penlight a couple times and raises it. "Follow it, please" he says moving the penlight back and forth as he watches her eyes a couple times before standing back up and moving to the wall of drawers. He pulls out a silver packet, kneading it as he walks back to her. He reaches out and tugs on the sucker stick, pulling it from her mouth as he makes a slight show of carefully tearing the end off the packet in front of her and dripping a deep blue liquid onto the sucker, which flows over its surface turning it purple. He then smiles and offers it back to her. "You didn't get hit anywhere, right?"

McSherrie
2007-10-08, 02:24 PM
"Nah, just a headache. You know how that goes." She puts the lollypop back in her mouth, grimacing at the taste till she gets through the medicine and back to the candy. "Thanks," she says around the lollypop.

Santanya
2007-10-08, 02:36 PM
Brachial

Brachial nods once, smiling as he moves back to the front of the chopper where Grunty is. He looks to Mig for a moment and asks her, "Sukoyaka?" in Japanese, pausing a moment before looking to Grunty. "You too, you take a hit?" he asks back in English, watching the ork for a moment.

Leshan
2007-10-08, 03:57 PM
Frank

"Control will already be irked that there's damage to Kitty; adding in an extraneous stop for someone who isn't even a client? Sorry, but no. You'll have to have Minx spend the extra time driving to Puyallup," he says over his shoulder.

Since the flying is easy and requires only a little of his attention, Frank decides to try and get some paperwork done.

[Kitty, could you bring up the forms that I'll have to fill out due to the damage you sustained? If you don't have them in your memory banks please contact DocWagon and download them. Display them on my AR display once you have them.]

Lycar
2007-10-08, 04:37 PM
Gregory grunts as Brachial approaches him.

"Caught a bullet to the right shoulder, backside. No penetration but it sure hurts."

He goes about to stow away the rifle and unbuckle himself, so that he can open his camo suit and allow Brachial a look at the injury.

Also Brachial can see that Grunty has a massive Orthoskin augmentation. Strange, military usually goes for cyber instead of bioware as it's cheaper.

Lycar

dauphinous
2007-10-08, 08:37 PM
"It's okay, man. I was only joking." Crater shakes his head with a grin. "My chica is a jalepena. I already knew that."

[I have the form. Maverick files at least one a week.]
Frank gets a display of a short form that asks for details of the circumstance under which the damage was acquired, and about the damage itself. Kitty has already filled about half of it in - timestamps, damage details, and location information. The rest of it will take less than a minute to complete.

{
Gatto gets back 2 boxes of stun.
Grunty, as soon as Brachial gets to it, heals 4 boxes of stun
}

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-08, 11:26 PM
Ritsuko

"Not a scratch," she replies to Brachial. "Except on my pride." She brandishes the faulty weapon once before slotting a fresh clip in and holstering it.

Santanya
2007-10-08, 11:40 PM
Brachial

Brachial nods to Mig as he moves to Grunt. He looks over the back of the ork's shoulder for a moment before reaching across to a drawer and pulling out a can of some kind of spray. He sprays out a thin white coating which soaks into the ork's skin quickly. He finally reaches over, pulling a bottle out and dumping a couple pills into his palm. "Take these too," he says, smiling and finally relaxing back into his seat at the foot of the trama bed.

Lycar
2007-10-09, 01:28 AM
Grunty nods at Brachial and swallows the pills. After a minute or so, the effect of the painkillers kicks in, leaving the pain in his back dulled. Nothing he isn't used to.

[Right. That should do. Thanks.]


Lycar

dauphinous
2007-10-09, 06:11 AM
10:37

"Doc says he'll be waiting. Slow night."

"Good. I gotta meet some more people later." Frog props himself up just enough so he can see the other people in the copter. "You guys still going to be on call at 1 this morning?"

The building indicated by the dot on Frank's map is three stories tall crammed into a sea of buildings that are all only two stories high. It has a large yellow circle painted on the flat roof, and he can see a figure dressed in white standing well off to the side, next to what is probably the access stairs. Kitty will fit inside the circle with room to spare.

Lycar
2007-10-09, 12:27 PM
Gregory looks at Frog with a grunt "You guys planning on getting shot at again ? He Brachial, better give me 2 more of those pills for later then."

Lycar

Santanya
2007-10-09, 12:51 PM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly. "We're up all night til 3am," he says with a shrug. "Just out in Auburn though. After that, you have to put up with Slap Patch, may whatever greater being you believe in have mercy on your soul."

Leshan
2007-10-09, 01:36 PM
Frank

Frank shifts his attention between landing and filling out the forms. "No offense, but I hope we won't have to see you again later tonight. Seem to have some nasty people following you."

dauphinous
2007-10-10, 07:04 PM
Frog snorts. "Following him," he brandishes an accusing finger at Crater, "not me. And no, I don't want to see you, either. But you kids are pretty good. Good to know you're out there."

Crater rolls his eyes. Or rather, that's what the movement of his head suggests. With featureless silver cybereyes, it's hard to tell. "I told you, they didn't follow us. However they found the meet, it wasn't by following Cracker."

"Fine, then they were able to plant a tracker on your craptastic butt."

"Geez, Frog, you get all grumpy when you get too much sugar." Crater grins and unbuckles the harness on the seat as the copter gets close to the ground. "You pick him up again," he says to Brachial with a heavy dose of mock seriousness, "no lollipops."

10:38

The copter lands in the center of the yellow circle.

[Incoming message from Lone Star Aerial unit]
[Unit 2T01A: are you the docwagon unit that just responded to an altercation on savenwood drive in auburn?]

Frank will have to scan the maps briefly to determine this, but the answer is 'yes'.

Leshan
2007-10-11, 01:34 AM
Frank

As the copter touches down, Frank turns around and says, "Bye. Try and not get shot again."

When the Lone Star unit queries him, Frank immediatly turns his attention to it.

[Outgoing message to Lone Star Aerial Unit]
[One second, double checking my maps. ...Yes that would be us. How can I be of assitance?]

dauphinous
2007-10-11, 06:41 AM
Crater jumps out of the copter as soon as the door is open. "Frog doesn't look like he needs a stretcher to me." he offers a hand to help Frog out of the copter.

An elf man runs up then, wearing a white doctor's coat. "Oh, Frog, always with the trouble." He has a light tenor voice and an infectious grin. His hair is short and bright purple, and his eyes match. Under the coat, he is wearing dark purple scrubs and combat boots. He looks to Brachial. "You get the bullet, or is it still in there?"

"Yeah, I can walk. It's not like he used any anesthetic." As soon as he is allowed to, Frog sits up slowly and takes help to get himself out of the copter.


[Incoming message from Lone Star Aerial unit]
[Unit 2T01A: stay where you are and prepare to be boarded and inspected]

Santanya
2007-10-11, 10:13 AM
Brachial

Briachial chuckles, quickly unstrapping Frog and letting him up. "You all have fun," he says. "And don't break any laws," he adds, glancing upward and sitting back down in his chair. "It just might bring LoneStar down on you when you don't expect it." He stretches out in his seat, putting his hands behind his head.

Leshan
2007-10-11, 12:47 PM
Frank

[Outgoing Message to Lone Star Aerial Unit]
[Complying with your request]

Wanting to make sure that Lone Star doesn't think they'll try and make a break for it, Frank turns off the rotars. "[Lone Star unit incoming and is going to board and inspect us.]"

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-11, 02:02 PM
Ritsuko

[Might want to keep your flight attendant turned off, then.] She kicks back in her chair, waiting for the Star, mildly curious if she'll recognize anyone. "Does this happen often?" she asks Brachial and Gatto.

Santanya
2007-10-11, 02:14 PM
Brachial

Brachial looks out the door to the doctor. "No bullet, went clear through," he says with a slight shrug. "Entry and exit wounds on him," he adds, nodding towards Frog.

"Nothing unusual for Lonestar to board and take a look around," he replies to Mig aloud, speaking loudly over the sound of the rotors. "Not all of our clients are exactly honest. We just don't get involved. Let them take their glance about."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-11, 02:42 PM
Mig

The young woman laughs. "I don't think I've ever been in a position where 'just don't get involved' was an option. This should be novel."

McSherrie
2007-10-11, 03:17 PM
Gatto finishes the lollypop and places the stick neatly in a trash receptacle. She fishes a rectangular object out of one of her pockets, looks at it for a moment, then smile contentedly as she puts it back in her pocket. "Bring 'em on. I'm ready for my closeup, Mr deLoneStar."

dauphinous
2007-10-11, 03:19 PM
The doctor nods to Brachial with a pleasant smile. "Thank you, sir."

"Exit stage..." Frog looks around for a moment. "Right, it seems. Have a nice night, kids."

Crater nods to the doc, he nods to Crater, and they both start hoofing Frog quickly to the building.

[Incoming message from Dispatch]
[Status change: Kitty to On Call]

One of the black map contacts gets very close just as the building's door closes behind the three men, and four ropes rather suddenly drop into view. You can all hear the thump-thump whirring of the dual rotors on the Lone Star copter overhead. As you wait, four people in full body armor with guns slung over their bodies slide down the ropes, all landing within a second of each other. Judging by their gaits, all four are men. Since they're wearing helmets, they are covered from head to toe in black, metatype is not immediately obvious, but all are big and muscular looking.

They stand for just a moment before all walking the 13 meters over to the door together. One is obviously in front and the rest have pulled their machine guns around to hold them ready for action. They move in almost perfect synchronization as a diamond formation, with the guy in the back, the tallest of them at probably 2.2 meters or so, just a little out of step. The one in front lifts the visor on his helmet as he approaches, revealing a square-jawed white human with a solid look about him.

"Hi there." His expression and tone suggest that he is used to being in authority in some fashion and likes it. A lot. "I expect you folks know the drill." He holds out a hand to Gregory, clearly expecting something to be placed in it.

OOC:Since everyone but Frank ought to know the drill... The cop is expecting weapons to be handed over and ID to be freely offered. He's also expecting everyone to get out of the copter.

McSherrie
2007-10-11, 03:22 PM
"Here you are, officer man." Gatto hands over her id and smiles.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-11, 03:39 PM
Ritsuko

Easing her Predators out of their holsters, she releases the clips, handing both pistols and ammo over with the necessary licensing (legal versions) and slides out of the copter. "This won't take too long, I hope," she says casually to the Star.

Santanya
2007-10-11, 03:48 PM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles and stands, pulling open his jumpsuit as he moves towards the door of the chopper. "Of course, of course." He pulls the Predator out from the holster at his hip, drops the magazine out of it and pulls back on the slide, popping the round into the air and catching it in his open palm. He then offers the pistol, open slide first, to the officer as he fishes his docwagon badge from inside his suit.

Lycar
2007-10-11, 04:14 PM
Gregory watches most of the proceedings impassivly, perking up only as he gets a glimpse at the Lone Star cop's rappeling manouver.

Taking his cue from his companions, when the lead cop demands their weapons, he unbuckles with a grunt, gets up and offers his rifle to the cop for inspection.

"Unloaded and secured, chambers free."

He also makes sure, that his comlink is keyed to submit the proper permits and ID when queried by the police patrol.

Lycar

Leshan
2007-10-11, 05:58 PM
Fank

Having no clue as to what "the drill" is, Frank mearly apes what everyone else does. He unholsters his Predator, slides his Alpha from out beneath his seat, and hands both over to the officer. Following Ritsuko he unharneses himself and climbs out of the helecopter. He keeps his hands away from his body and makes sure not to make any sudden moves. During all of this he doesn't say a thing unless one of the Lone Star officers talks to him first.

dauphinous
2007-10-11, 06:23 PM
The cop hands off weapons to the guys behind him, who let their own weapons hang by the shoulder straps and check each of yours. The cop in the back has a hand held scanner and uses it to scan everyone's ID and the weapons. The cop whose face you can actually see climbs into the copter and brandishes his own scanner, running it across all the panels.

One of the other cops lifts up his visor as he starts handing back weapons. He is an ork with dark skin, and is...ugly, even for an ork. He just looks like he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. "Who's gonna tell us what went down?" His voice matches his looks - rough, gravelly, and a little grating.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-12, 11:53 AM
Ritsuko

After giving the vets time to respond, and seeing them fail to, Mig shrugs and tersely relates the events. She gears the briefing to cover those points the Star would find of most interest about the conflict itself, although she leaves identities and descriptions out, remember her briefing on DocWagon policies earlier that day. She does point out that the on the scene death was caused by the parties involved in the conflict and not by their team.

Santanya
2007-10-12, 11:57 AM
Brachial

Brachial grins slightly, waiting and letting Mig go through. Good response, he thinks to himself and nods. "Someone got hurt with the proper tag, we went in, got the client, brought them here, and then you called." He stands with his hands clasped in front of himself, and eyebrow raised slightly as he watches the officer in the chopper to make sure he didn't mess up anything.

dauphinous
2007-10-12, 12:20 PM
The cop inside the helicopter opens two different bins and sticks his hand in each, but doesn't pull anything out.

The ork listens patiently, probably taking notes with cyberware. He nods a few times as Mig explains. "On scene death? All we found were bullets, casings, spent grenades, shrapnel, and blood. And skid marks and a pile of witnesses who saw next to nothing. Can you give us a description of any of the parties involved?"

Lycar
2007-10-12, 01:42 PM
Gregory interjects "The spent CS shell was ours. To cover the retrieval. And one guy in black climbed a ladder, caught a burst and fell down. And he was dead before he cratered."

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-12, 01:57 PM
Mig

"No, I can't describe any of them. Sorry."

Santanya
2007-10-12, 03:27 PM
Brachial

"Our job is to get in, cover ourselves and the client, and get out. The chopper was between us and the majority of the other persons there unfortunately," Brachial says. "As for ID'ing anyone, about the only thing I can really give you is the contract number. You can contact DocWagon's main offices to get any additional info we can provide."

dauphinous
2007-10-12, 04:34 PM
The ork lifts an eyebrow at Brachial and snorts. "Fat lot of good that'll do us. You know damn well your 'main offices' won't give us jack."

"So, nobody saw nuthin', huh? Just your regular honest, hard-working upright citizen types who don't look their clients in the face and can't see in the dark. You guys are practically slot and run joytoys." The human cop jumps out of the copter and the others return everyone's weapons. "There's nothing here. We're going inside."

The four cops begin to march over to the door into the building. The one guy in back waves as he goes. Without seeing his face, it's hard to tell, but it looks like a friendly, cheerful wave.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-12, 04:40 PM
Ritsuko

Mig reloads and holsters her pistols the moment they're back in her possession. She returns the wave of the cop in the back, wondering if whoever it is recognized her or is just being friendly. She doesn't waste any further time in getting back in the copter, though. "I always had a hard time with that arrogant attitude," she says, as she gets in. "It's not as easy as it looks."

Santanya
2007-10-12, 04:49 PM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles as he takes his pistol back. "Sorry not to be more help, officers," he says with a shrug. He slots the clip and works the slide, then pulling the clip back out and shoves the previously chambered round into the top of it and reslots it into the Predator. He grins slightly as he climbs back into the helicopter and heads towards the table to fold it back into the wall.

"Yea, I have no doubt. Have to be the dominant ones in the situation after all," he says as he rolls his eyes. He moves, checking the drawers the officer pawed through to make sure everything is in place. He glances towards Mig. "You used to be one of them?"

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-12, 04:58 PM
Mig

She shrugs. "Sort of. I dropped out of the academy before my last year. Decided it wasn't really me. Hopefully this works out better."

Lycar
2007-10-12, 09:34 PM
Gregory takes his rifle back from the cops. He has a feeling, back in his head, that the cops just might have done something. Install some spyware in the smart circuity or something. But then he dismisses the thought, after all, that will be the armoury people's job to figure out.

Might be prudent to mention it to them though.

Of course, his own comlink would be a much easier (and obvious) target, but he somehow doesn't think of that.

Instead he listens in to the conversation between Brachial and Mig as he goes about to strap in again.

Lycar

Santanya
2007-10-13, 12:36 PM
Brachial

Brachial nods slightly and smiles. "Yea, from what I've seen, you try to be competent," he says, closing the drawer. [Everyone get everything back?] he asks as he settles down into his seat, stretching his legs out. "In all reality, that could have gone worse," he says with a smile. "They're just doing their job like we're doing ours. How about you, Grunt? What you do before you joined our little family of guardian angels?"

Lycar
2007-10-13, 01:40 PM
"Grunty" Gregory replies "and i've been with the army rangers for the last 14 years. Corporal Gregory Kurtz, automatic weapons specialist."

Lycar

McSherrie
2007-10-13, 03:56 PM
Gatto waves after the friendly cop, grinning broadly. She then settles back into her seat and listens to the stories.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-13, 11:54 PM
Mig

"What about you two?" she asks of the mage and medic.

Santanya
2007-10-14, 03:00 AM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly and shrugs. "I've been a medic for DocWagon and eye on... what... Six years now?" he says. "Pays good and the medical benifits great," he says. "Pretty much started right after school. Its a good job, get to help people, and get a nice view of Seattle."

"Gatto can tell you her history," he says with a slight grin towards the mage. "Its much more interesting."

McSherrie
2007-10-14, 01:05 PM
"I don't know about that, Brachial." Gatto grins at Mig. "You set one or two or ten grease traps on fire to clean them and you get a reputation for being interesting. Brachial responded to a couple of the fires and convinced me that I should try something other than fast food. That was about a year ago and here I am now."

Leshan
2007-10-14, 02:31 PM
Frank

"Well, since it seems like it's story time; might as well share my history," Frank says as he straps in and begins to start up the rotars again. "Right after high school I joined up with the airforce. Spent the next twenty four years flying around in the Pacific Theater. I decided to retire and spent a year flying commercial airplanes. That got boring quick, so when I saw DocWagon needed a pilot I sent in an application. And so here I am."

dauphinous
2007-10-15, 06:32 AM
10:41

The copter lifts off under Frank's expert care. The Lone Star copter moves off a little to give you plenty of room, and the pilot, who is only partially visible, gives Frank a bit of a salute.

[Incoming message from Lone Star Aerial unit]
[Unit 2T01A: thank you for your cooperation]

As you move off, the Lone Star copter slides in and lands in the yellow circle on the roof.

Santanya
2007-10-15, 09:49 AM
Brachial

"Not a bad team," he says, glancing about to the three newbies. "We just might able to get the job done." He grins slightly, looking one of the harness loops over his shoulder, but doesn't bother to fasten it. "You go for Lonestar right out of school?" he asks Mig curiously.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-15, 10:35 AM
Mig

She laughs at Brachial's question. "Not exactly, no. I rode with the Blue Oni for a while." She points to the tattooing around her eye. "Still have my bike."

Lycar
2007-10-15, 01:28 PM
Gregory smirks at Mig "If we run into them, we can switch. You get the cargo, i do the shooting."

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-15, 01:53 PM
Ritsuko

She laughs again. "Auburn's a bit out of their turf."

dauphinous
2007-10-16, 01:55 PM
10:50

Back in Auburn, Frank settles the copter right around the middle of the district. A thunderstorm seems to be taking place in the distance to the south, probably past Puyallup, providing a light show. For Frank, anyway. Kitty begins feeing local Lone Star messages to everyone again.

The LS feeds cut back in at this point:
[LSDispatch: all auburn units to the corner of Mercer and Highland. codes 111, 206, 013, 014. auburn SWAT deploy.]
The next 40 lines are all various units replying that they are responding, all of which appear within a span of about 30 seconds.

The map shows a mass migration of black dots that seem to be headed for a point about 2km north-northwest.

Santanya
2007-10-16, 03:19 PM
Brachial

Brachial raises an eyebrow slightly at the map and Lonestar feed. "Sounds like something big going on," he says, glancing back towards the map. [May want to start that direction,] he says. [Hopefully its not one of our clients causing problems.]

McSherrie
2007-10-17, 11:39 AM
"Well, we could always drift towards the 014... Just a thought."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-17, 11:41 AM
Ritsuko

[That one's going to be ugly. I hope we don't have a client there,] she says through the comms.

Leshan
2007-10-17, 12:50 PM
Frank

"[Ritsuko, you knew what the codes earlier meant; what's going on?] As he asks Frank slowly eases Kitty towards the incident, just in case.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-17, 12:53 PM
Ritsuko

She recites the codes back for Frank, [Bank Robbery, Hostage Situation, I'm not sure on the 013, and shots fired.]

Santanya
2007-10-17, 01:11 PM
Brachial

[Shots fired at Lonestar Officers.] Brachial says as he pushes himself up out of his seat. He grabs the first aid case and verifies that it is ready and tosses a couple extra slap patches into it, just in case. [Sounds like this could be very messy.]

Lycar
2007-10-17, 01:21 PM
Gregory just watches all the commotion around him, but the a thought strikes him. [He.. so what do we do if the cops want one of our clients ? Shoot to incapaciate ? Don't think so... ]


Lycar

Leshan
2007-10-17, 01:45 PM
Frank

"[We'll just tell them to follow us to where ever we're taking the client and arrest him there. They won't like it, but unless one of them gets killed I don't think they'll complain too much.]" Since it seemed things were already getting heated over at the bank, Frank moves them in closer.

Santanya
2007-10-17, 01:52 PM
Brachial

[DocWagon officially does not support any illegal actions.] Brachial says over the commlink. [We ask permission to retrieve the client, and make a full disclosure of where we take him, her, or it,] he adds with a slight shrug. [Like before, we don't get involved in the legality inbetween,] he chuckles softly. [I've no doubt that at this point LoneStar is shooting to kill though.]

dauphinous
2007-10-17, 03:05 PM
The scene is relatively chaotic from above. There are an array of squad cars, a SWAT truck, three Star helicopters, some assorted unmarked vans that are probably Star vehicles, along with an armada of press vehicles, including four helicopters. The usual line-up of reporters 'live at the scene' is assembling, scrambling to set up for their respective news organizations. The streets are blocked off around one building on the corner of a large intersection, and all the Star vehicles are arranged in a sort of arc around it.

Frank gets a perfunctory warning when he gets a little too close for Lone Star's taste, but Kitty is otherwise ignored.

10:54

[Incoming message from Dispatch]
[Status change: Kitty to Retrieval]

The orange dot appears on the map after you've been in the area of whatever is going on for a minute or so.

Condition Serious - 10:00:00

The dot is positioned about 10km away, on the northeast side of Lake Tapps.

Santanya
2007-10-17, 03:13 PM
Brachial

"You know... it would be nice, just once, for someone to get shot where we think its going to happen," Brachial says, shaking his head and sitting back down in his seat, keeping the readied first aid kit at his side. He chuckles softly once. "Hmm, what we need is a sniper rifle with a tag reader in the scope... that's it..."

McSherrie
2007-10-17, 09:05 PM
"No what we need are fishing poles. Dinner on the fin!"

dauphinous
2007-10-18, 06:51 AM
10:57
Condition Serious - 7:32:09

Punching the copter up to full speed, Frank gets Kitty to the location in about two and a half minutes. The floor disappears again, showing one of the strips of park around the lake. Although there are plenty of trees in the park, all seem to be deciduous, as none have leaves (which is normal for February). The area has little artificial lighting, and what is there is centered on the parking lot, which is clearly not where your client is located. Combined with the barren trees, many of which are quite large, the spot where the orange dot is located - someplace between the water and the parking lot - is difficult to see. The park section would also be difficult to land in.

The parking lot has two vehicles at the moment, two black sedans that are identical from this distance, and both are parked together without regard for the lines on the pavement. The street beyond the parking lot has no traffic at this time.

Grunty:(two hits on Perception) There is a cluster of 4 or 5 people in a group down there. They seem to be relatively stationary, meaning that they are not going anywhere, though there is movement within the group. They might be fighting.
Frank:(one hit on Perception) There is movement down there, right where the client should be. Details about whatever is down there, though, you cannot make out.
Brachial:(three hits! on Perception) There are five people down there, and it looks like one of them is getting the crap beaten out of him/her by the other four. They don't seem to have noticed the copter yet. The four hitters are wearing some kind of dark colored business suits, and the hittee is dressed in light colors.
Mig, Gatto:(0 hits on Perception)There's nothing down there but trees in the dark.
Map (http://dauphinous.coyotecode.net/dwsfrauburn.jpg)

Santanya
2007-10-18, 10:10 AM
Brachial

"Such lovely things we come upon," Brachial says, shaking his head slightly. [Don't know which of the five of them is the client, probably the one one the ground, but I won't be able to tell til we get closer,] he says as he adjusts the first aide kit next to him and reaches down, unlatching the strap over the top of the butt of his pistol.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-18, 10:20 AM
Mig

"I can't see anything down there. Too dark." Switching to commlink she says, [Hey, hotdog, there any spotlights on this thing?]

McSherrie
2007-10-18, 12:00 PM
Gatto looks at Brachial with an eyebrow arched. "Which one of the five TREES? Because that is all I really see down there. Should I cast a Magic Missle at the dark now?"

Santanya
2007-10-18, 12:05 PM
Brachial

Brachial glances back to Gatto. "What? And miss a chance to set them on fire?" he asks with a grin to the mage. [Go ahead and shine the light down there, Hotdog,] Brachial adds through the commlink. "And I thought cats could see in the dark," he adds, looking back downward.

Lycar
2007-10-18, 01:52 PM
Gregory just grunts and goes through the motions of loading his tool of the trade again. [All i see is a pretty clusterf**k down there. If this is where our client is, it's pretty clear who's the bitch.]

Activating his wired reflexes with a thought, Gregory makes up his mind to add. [So suppression fire is out while they are still on top of the cargo and gassing them means we have to choke on the stuff too. We need gas masks... time for a sniper if you ask me.]

Lycar

Santanya
2007-10-18, 02:05 PM
Brachial

Brachial grins slightly and looks towards Gatto as he pulls his seat harness back over his shoulder. "You think you could send a little confusion into them down there?" he asks. [We could come in hard, see how many we blow over as Gatto plays games with their heads,] he says, looking to the others for their opinions.

McSherrie
2007-10-18, 08:09 PM
Gatto squints and slits her eyes again, trying to find something to aim her Chaotic World at. ((Once she spots the auras, she'll cast Chaotic World into the center of the figures in order to hit as many as possible.))"There's your light show. I even threw in a few catnip mice, lucky bastards."

dauphinous
2007-10-20, 05:23 AM
10:57
Condition serious - 7:26:14

As the copter descends, the spotlight in the nose comes on and roves around a little until it finds the group of five figures. For just a moment, it looks like four of them are holding and beating the crap out of the fifth, but then the fifth one falls face first, as if he was shoved forward. The other four clearly pull out guns and start shooting.

As everyone can see where the people are now, a dazzling light display erupts around the group. The one lying on the ground puts his (or her, hard to really tell) hands up to his head, covering his ears. As you get closer, it seems pretty clear that your client is the one lying on the ground.

The first barrage of automatic gunfire hits the belly of the copter, and everyone inside is treated to the sight of bullets impacting right under their feet.

Frank announces your presence through the speakers as he brings Kitty down between the trees just south of the group, and to the left of the large tree there. "This is DocWagon. We are authorized to use lethal force to extract our client. Do not interfere." Kitty's tail is over the water.

As if in response to that, or maybe it's Gatto's spell, the gunfire ceases and two of the four men grab up the person lying on the ground. Looks like they mean to run for it with your client.

You are now 40m off the ground, and practically right on top of them. They are maybe 5 meters away laterally, with the door on the side of the copter away from them.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-20, 02:20 PM
Mig

Once the group can be seen, Mig springs into action, repeating her stunt from last time, clipped into the rappelling gear and hanging out the door, aiming under the belly of the chopper. She starts to shoot at the ones dragging their client away, aiming to wound, not kill.

(Targetted shots. To the head of one of the baddies with the gel rounds and to the leg of the other with the real bullets.)

dauphinous
2007-10-22, 01:03 PM
10:57
Condition serious - 7:23:55

Grunty pulls the door open for Mig as he gets the hint of what she's doing. She starts shooting as the copter keeps heading straight down. The leg shot misses, but the head shot thumps onto the other man's cheek, which whips his head a little with the impact. He drops the person they're dragging, and swings his gun around as Mig keeps firing. He just shoots a couple of bursts at the copter generally, none of the bullets coming closer than a half meter to hitting Mig. He starts walking backwards, apparently covering everyone else's retreat.

Three of the other four men are moving towards the cars. The other one, the one that was helping drag the client away, lets go of him and pulls his own gun. Instead of shooting at the copter, though, he pops two into the client and starts backing off as quickly as he can go backwards.

The orange dot on the map flashes and the text changes to:

Condition critical - 7:22:01

Grunty hops out of the copter as it gets close to the ground and starts shooting along with Mig, though he isn't taking nearly as much care with aiming as she is. One bullet grazes the arm of the guy who took the gel round to the head.

The five men are all in retreat, though two are walking backwards and shooting. The other three are well on their way to the cars.

Santanya
2007-10-22, 01:05 PM
Brachial

Brachial frowns slightly, reaching down and releases the safety catch on his Predator as he watches the gunfire bounce off the underside of Kitty. "Lovely... This way guys, TO the chopper would make our lives easier," he mutters as he shakes his head.

dauphinous
2007-10-24, 07:08 AM
10:57
Condition critical - 7:17:48

The client is not moving. Mig keeps shooting, as does Grunty, but the men are in full retreat mode now and they stop firing back. All four are now running for the two cars and guns aren't even pointed in the direction of the copter or the team. Grunty hits one guy's clothes a couple fo times, but the bullets don't seem to slow him down. Mig's shots go wide by probably a millimeter each time, with one shot that goes far enough to scratch the paint on one of the cars.

With the apparent bad guys in full retreat and no longer firing back, Grunty double-times it up to the client. He takes one look at the person on the ground then shouts back, "She's fragged!"