PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Races of Eberron UA Warforged Homebrew Expansion (PEACH)

Crisis21
2018-07-31, 08:55 PM
So, I love the new Races of Eberron UA (http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/races-eberron), the warforged expecially. In fact I'm making a Juggernaut Eldritch Knight grappler for my next campaign.

However, I think it could stand some additions. So here's a couple new Warforged subraces and a Warforged Feat. Please let me know what you think of them.

Spy

You were built small and light compared to your comrades, meant to quietly sneak past enemy lines and observe opposing forces before reporting back. Spies tend to stand between 4 and 5 feet tall.

Ability Score Increase: Increase your Dexterity and Wisdom scores by 1.

Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Silent Steps: You have proficiency in the Stealth skill.

Commander

You were designed more intelligent than your comrades, meant to lead your bretheren rather than follow them. That isn't to say you are helpless in the middle of a battle, far from it.

Ability Score Increase: Increase your Intelligence by 2.

Strategic Battler: You learn two maneuvers of your choice from among those available to the Battle Master archetype in the fighter class. If a maneuver you use requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver's effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier.

Superior Combat: If you already have superiority dice, you gain one more; otherwise, you have one superiority die, which is a d6. These dice are used to fuel your maneuvers. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest.

Feat: Upgrade

Prerequisite: Warforged

Increase an ability score of your choice by 1.
Choose a Warforged subrace other than your own. You gain all the benefits of that subrace's traits other than the Ability Score Increase.
If you select the Envoy or Commander subrace for this Feat, you must forego the ability score increase of this Feat.
This Feat may be taken multiple times, but you must select a different subrace each time.

Feat: Integrated Weapon
Prerequisite: Warforged

You have a weapon integrated into your body. You gain the following benefits:

Increase your Strength or Dexterity by 1, to a maximum of 20.
Choose a weapon you are proficient with. That weapon is now integrated into your body and you can ready or stow it using a bonus action or reaction.
If your integrated weapon is ranged, you ignore the loading property. You must still, however, expend ammunition as normal. Replenishing spent ammunition requires a short or long rest.
Any attempt to disarm you of your integrated weapon fails unless the weapon is destroyed. You may not throw your integrated weapon for any reason.
You may exchange your integrated weapon for another you are proficient with, including magical weapons. This process requires 2d4 hours followed by a long rest to accomplish.

Crisis21
2018-08-02, 12:11 PM
No comments at all?

JNAProductions
2018-08-02, 12:44 PM
Seems fine to me.

Crisis21
2018-08-05, 01:51 PM
Added a new Feat: Integrated Weapon

BRKNdevil
2018-08-07, 08:33 PM
think a magic focus would be part of The Envoy thing? also how does Integrated weapon interact with the Envoy integrated tools?

Crisis21
2018-08-07, 10:41 PM
No, a magic focus is not part of the Envoy thing. The race feature explicitly states a tool that you have proficiency in, which does not include a magical focus. This does not, however, preclude a DM allowing a magical focus that is embedded in your body through some means.

As for Integrated Weapon and Integrated Tool, obviously you can have both. Feel free to explain it however you think makes sense.