PDA

View Full Version : Adjunct [Single Level Prestige Class]

Reinboom
2007-09-12, 06:44 PM
Intent: Reduce the harshness of multiclassing or just outright messing up.
No fluff, this is a completely mechanical prestige class.

Adjunct
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+0|Class Adjuncts (3)

[/table]

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d4
Class Skills:
All Existing Class Skills.
Skill Points at Level: 0 + Int modifier.

Requirements
To qualify to become an adjunct, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Hit Dice: Atleast 3 hit dice

Class Features
All of the following are features of the adjunct prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Adjuncts gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Class Adjuncts (Ex): When the first level of the adjunct is received, she may gain up to three of the special abilities below. Any number of these abilities may be gained multiple times though may be limited by other factors.

Caster: The adjunct gains new spells per day and spells known as if she had also gained a level in a spellcasting class to which she belonged before adding the prestige class level. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of this class would have gained. If she had more than one spellcasting class before becoming an adjunct, she must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day and spells known. She may choose this feature up to a number of times equal to 1/2 her hit die (rounded down) of which she gained no caster level increase in any of her spellcasting classes.

Combatant: The adjunct's base attack bonus increases by 1. This cannot increase her base attack bonus to higher than her hit die.

Diehard: Each of the adjunct's base saves increases by 1.

Elite: The adjunct may increase any stat by 1, permanently. If this increase would increase the number of skill points she gains per level then it effects the level at which she takes this feature. The adjunct may not increase any stat by more than 1 in this manner.

Skillful: The adjunct gains an additional 8 skill points, usable immediately.

Talented: The adjunct gains a bonus feat of his or her choice. She may not gain more than two feats in this manner.

Tough: The adjunct's max hit points increases by 8.

nobodylovesyou4
2007-09-12, 07:29 PM
i dont know, it seems a bit over powered. technically, couldnt you get 3 extra bonus feats at ECL 4?

Reinboom
2007-09-12, 07:48 PM
Yes, you could. But then you gain only 'int' skill points (or 1), 1d2 of hp. No increase of saves or BAB, etc. It effectively is a LA at that point.
A LA that you can't buy off, to me, is about equal to 3 feats, though I may put a 2 feat cap on it I guess.
-Edit: Changed to be so.

DraPrime
2007-09-12, 08:08 PM
Weird idea. I would have never thought of this, but it seems like a "weakened multi-class in a box"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-12, 09:42 PM
Why should I take this class instead of a level in another class?

Reinboom
2007-09-12, 09:54 PM
Why should I take this class instead of a level in another class?

Usually? You shouldn't.
This class offers nothing original, only options.

Lets say you have a Wizard 5/Rogue 3/Arcane Trickster 2... and decide you really would like a bit more spellcasting rate than you are getting. Take 1 level of this, and grab 2 caster level increases.

Perhaps you wish to be Fighter 1/Sorcerer 4 and then want to abjurant champion (asap), but still wish to be a heavy caster. Take 1 level of this to grab +2 BAB and a caster level increase, and then take Abjurant Champion.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-12, 10:09 PM
Sorry, but your first example doesn't work. The Caster option as currently written applies only to classes that cast spells spontaneously. That ability is wasted on wizards.

On another note, I think that granting a 1d2 Hit Die is tremendously underpowered. I would increase it to a d4, if not a d6.

Reinboom
2007-09-12, 10:17 PM
Sorry, but your first example doesn't work. The Caster option as currently written applies only to classes that cast spells spontaneously. That ability is wasted on wizards.

On another note, I think that granting a 1d2 Hit Die is tremendously underpowered. I would increase it to a d4, if not a d6.

Oops on the first. Lazily copied the spell part from another custom class of mine. Fixed, thank you.

and ehn on the second - 1 hp on average isn't going to change much, so might as well.

vivi
2007-09-13, 06:58 PM
Interesting...creative...great for if you want a prestige class, though it may give you a prestige class at a lower level than intended. Besides that I like it.

TO_Incognito
2007-09-13, 08:09 PM
Can a Class Adjunct to obtain two chosen good saves be added? Someone might use it.