PDA

View Full Version : Gear focus feat

stoutstien
2018-08-15, 03:34 PM
I want to make some of the offensive/control adventures gear be useful past lv 3. I don't want it tied to any particular class so I figured a feat is in order.
Feat: nic nack
Your frequent use of items have made you a deadly combatant.

You add your proficiency bonus to any item that requires a target to make a saving throw and half of your proficiency bonus rounded up to any item that calls for a ablity check.

If you have the extra attack feature you can replace one attack with a item on the gear table that takes one action.

You are immune to the effects of any adventures gear you use such as moving half speed past ball bearings.

Thoughts?

leogobsin
2018-08-15, 03:40 PM
You should probably specify 'nonmagical' item so there's no question about adding your proficiency to the DC of various wands and such, but otherwise I really like it!

Rhaegar14
2018-08-15, 03:45 PM
I want to make some of the offensive/control adventures gear be useful past lv 3. I don't want it tied to any particular class so I figured a feat is in order.
Feat: nic nack
Your frequent use of items have made you a deadly combatant.

You add your proficiency bonus to any item that requires a target to make a saving throw and half of your proficiency bonus rounded up to any item that calls for a ablity check.

If you have the extra attack feature you can replace one attack with a item on the gear table that takes one action.

You are immune to the effects of any adventures gear you use such as moving half speed past ball bearings.

Thoughts?

I agree with leogobsin that the wording needs some cleaning up but I don't hate it. For instance, in "You add your proficiency bonus to any item that requires a target to make a saving throw..." you need to specify that you add it to the DC. I might consider making this a half-feat, but I haven't reviewed the items in question in a while.

stoutstien
2018-08-15, 03:49 PM
Yea I struggle to find wording that just applies to stuff on the adventures gear table. Other option is just list them out.

ImproperJustice
2018-08-15, 04:04 PM
As someone who thoroughly enjoys using things like caltrops , ball bearings, and holy water etc, I would snap this feat up in an instant.

Dungeon-noob
2018-08-15, 04:20 PM
Sounds great, after lawyerproofing the tekst, i'd say make it available. Certainly not overpowered and gives a lot more flavor and differentiation options to players, and gives them a new way to make that hard earned gold work for them. Good job!

stoutstien
2018-08-15, 07:18 PM
Ok clean up text, add asi , add proficiency to alchemist fire and holy water attacks, and should be a solid feat