PDA

View Full Version : Ideas/ suggestions for a lost little Paladorc

Dragonofdawest
2018-08-16, 10:04 AM
Hey guys, so I'm currently playing a Dragonborn, vengeance Paladin 5/ shadow Sorcerer 2, Sailor. Sats are: str 16, dex 10, con 13, int 8, wis 12, cha 16. So far ive taken the shield master feat. My current plan is to go paladin 6/ sorcerer 14. I figure doing this will get me to a 9th level spell on lvl 20 for the final battle, and also give me plenty of spell slots to smite, possibly paired with the shadow blade spell. That plus a vow of enmity should make me a pretty good boss killer.

All this being said, we are at a point in our campaign and group where our dm is letting us rework some things with our characters if we'd like, such as feats, ASI, ect. Ive been thinking that if I were to go with war caster, that could be rather useful. Im open to any and all ideas and suggestions. thanks!

Aembrosia
2018-08-16, 10:31 AM
I would have to agree you will not always need to knock large and smaller creatures prone but you will need to maintain concentration on shadowblade.

Having never played this multiclass im wading through murky water. I have questions i cant readily answer. Like,
What do you do with your bonus action once shield master is gone and you already have shadowblade cast?
Can you actually take advantage of the opportunity attack update granted by warcaster? Or are your spellslots devoted to smiting? Some groups dont pay a whole lot of attention to spellcasting rules, would warcaster also help you cast while holding a weapon and a shield as a sorcerer or can you already do that? Because if you can...
...Do you already have proficiency with con saves? Resilient con would do the same thing as warcaster if you're not casting on opportunity and already casting freely with occupied hands.

They are both good options. So the other question is how important are they? Ide say warcaster is more important to your multiclass than shield master assuming your benefiting from all of its features.

I think I would take +2 charisma and get warcaster later.
Edit, paladin 6, 18 charisma, warcaster @sorc 4

the secret fire
2018-08-16, 11:00 AM
My current plan is to go paladin 6/ sorcerer 14. I figure doing this will get me to a 9th level spell on lvl 20 for the final battle...

How, exactly, do you plan to get 9th level spells out of this?

MagneticKitty
2018-08-16, 12:53 PM
Can you actually take advantage of the opportunity attack update granted by warcaster? Or are your spellslots devoted to smiting?

You can use green flame blade or booming blade which makes your aoo really good

How, exactly, do you plan to get 9th level spells out of this?
Maybe he's reading the table wrong. He will have one of 9 slot and one level 8, but no lv 8 or 9 spells. Just upcasting.

Aembrosia
2018-08-16, 02:29 PM
You can use green flame blade or booming blade which makes your aoo really good.

Due to my tight mental orbit around Adventurers League I wouldnt have considered this; and now doing so I am disgusted in the best way possible at the prospect of swinging a shadowblade as part of a flame blade spell.

This does not exist in organized play... Unfortunately?

Dragonofdawest
2018-08-16, 06:20 PM
You can use green flame blade or booming blade which makes your aoo really good

Maybe he's reading the table wrong. He will have one of 9 slot and one level 8, but no lv 8 or 9 spells. Just upcasting.

I thought if I had a spell slot i could prepare a spell of that level? no?