PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A When pushing another character, what determines the end location?

holywhippet
2018-08-17, 03:25 PM
If I push another character (either via action or via the open hand monk ability) what determines where the creature ends up? Is it pushed 15 feet directly away in a direct line away assuming it can end up in that location? Or do I have some choice in where the creature ends up?

Unoriginal
2018-08-17, 03:37 PM
If I push another character (either via action or via the open hand monk ability) what determines where the creature ends up? Is it pushed 15 feet directly away in a direct line away assuming it can end up in that location? Or do I have some choice in where the creature ends up?

It's in a straight line, at the distance allowed by the ability.

holywhippet
2018-08-17, 03:39 PM
Thanks. I assume that you can move the target through other characters and difficult terrain?

holywhippet
2018-08-17, 03:44 PM
Hmm, actually, how would it work with a huge creature? Say your character is standing next to a huge creature and is next to the centre tile of it.

eg.
yyy
xyyy
yyy

Where x is you and y is the enemy. Arguably you could be hitting any part of that creature so you could push it in 1 of 3 different directions.

Phoenix042
2018-08-17, 03:47 PM
Hmm, actually, how would it work with a huge creature? Say your character is standing next to a huge creature and is next to the centre tile of it.

eg.
yyy
xyyy
yyy

Where x is you and y is the enemy. Arguably you could be hitting any part of that creature so you could push it in 1 of 3 different directions.

Yes, that's correct.