PDA

View Full Version : Nation of the Dead [IC]



Pages : [1] 2

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-13, 08:33 PM
NATION OF THE DEAD
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/AdventuringParty-Krimm_Blackleaf.png
Thanks Threeshades!

The village of Esemal-Along-the-Dale.

A small farming community on a place near the border of the woods and the plains of Tanzen. The population is a mere 600 or so people, very few of much power and a vast majority of the community farms for a living. There is a blacksmith, a tavern(the Weary Mule), a church of Torzen(the god of farming) and whatever a small farming community and rest-stop may have. It is run by a charming ol' fellow who's ancestors founded this town generations ago which got him an easy space as town mayor.
Luckily, for everyone that appreciates their beating heart and free will, it is a blindspot to a series of attacks on villages in the nearby regions by the mindless undead of Arcnus Mortis. It is thought to be so insignificant that it will never be attacked, but no one is sure.

The Demented One
2007-09-13, 09:10 PM
"Once more the sun awakes, and so do I." Zenra rhymes sleepily, as he gets up from the mouldery straw mattress he has become accustomed to sleeping in. He puts on his customary white vest and cape, garments he is rarely seen out of, though the fabric seems far heavier than any normal wool. He straps to his belt a large, ornately-crafted two-handed sword, far more well made than any of his other positions. He hasn't had cause to draw the blade for weeks, owing to the tranquility of Esemal, but wouldn't let himself be caught without it. He props up the pane of broken glass that serves as his mirror, and puts on his face, quite literally. His pale, changeling face twists like soft clay, taking on new forms. Zenra leaves his changeling face plainly visible, not masking it, but does remove the silvery stubble that has cropped on his face, along with the dark rings that surround his eyes.

He then begins his morning exercises, jolting his mind and body into wakefulness. He whirls across the singe small room of the shack he is, rehearsing carefully timed exercises and martial forms, all timed to a perfect iambic beat.

purepolarpanzer
2007-09-13, 10:18 PM
Bruin

Father Aeomon, I devote my soul to you. Should I die this day, take me into your warm embrace. Should others die this day, let me lift them like your children up to you. Should people die a perverted death, one without closure or peace...
The large Half-orc hands lifted the massive mace as an offering.
Give me the strength to strike them down and relieve their suffering.
After this whispered vigil, Bruin stands up fromhis prayers, feeling satisfied and ready for the day. He had stopped at this traveler's rest of a town as a pause in his journey, but had work to do within the town as well. He climbed down the stairs of the small inn. If anyone was sick this day, he would heal them. If they fell this day, he would make their passing peaceful, as was the way of Aeomon. He looks for the inn keeper to ask if anyone in the village is in need of assistance.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-13, 10:32 PM
He looks for the inn keeper to ask if anyone in the village is in need of assistance.

"Don't reckon so, sir. Not an illness I 'eard o' 'round 'ere. Jus' alo' o' broken 'earts..." He points to an elderly couple walking in the door, the woman weeps quietly into her dirty cloth and her grey-bearded husband holds and arm around her, looking just as weary as the mule on the sign outside.
"The dead been attackin' many villages 'round this'n... 'fraid it's claimed alot o' hearts close to ours... Now, 'ow can I help you as fer breakfast?"

Kaelik
2007-09-13, 10:44 PM
Tarkimos

What to do now? Sitting at the corner of the bar, Tarkimos glances around the room to make sure no one is has noticed his deformities. Not noticing anyone, he still pulls his cape more tightly around himself, concealing his arms as best he can. The beating in his head commands his attention, demanding that he slay undead. But why did I awake here? Where I cannot fulfill my command?

He stares blankly at his drink, wondering what could be in store for him today.

((He will have all 24 hour duration buffs up except Invisibility. I can't remember for certain what those may be, since rpgwebprofiler is down.))

purepolarpanzer
2007-09-13, 10:45 PM
I would love something simple, maybe some bread, butter, and tea, if you've got it. It's good for the soul to enjoy the basics once in a while.
Bruin slipped a silver piece onto the counter, realizing this was gross overpayment, but also enjoying the sense that the inn keeper was genuinely unbiased against him, something rare, especially in a small town like this.
He set his massive mace, carried with him wherever he went, next to his chair. The holy symbol at the top seemed a perfect focus for his meal meditation, so he said a swift, silent prayer right there. As the meal was gathered and served, Bruin peered around the room to see if anyone interesting was awake yet.

Grenadier
2007-09-14, 12:51 AM
Callais awakens in a bed that's not his own. Granted, it's not often that he does awaken in his own. It'd be easy for him to claim that it was due to his 'profession', but in all reality, it wasn't often he even paid for his lodging. Well, in the traditional sense, anyway. The lightest flicker of distaste crosses the half-elf's face as he slips from under a dirtied sheet and gathers his dusty clothing. He isn't about to voice his distaste of the cleanliness of his lodgings, however. After all, the sleeping young woman is pretty enough, although he can't recall her name.

'Isn't it a variety of flower?' Callais silently wonders as he dresses, brushing at the light patches of dust on his fine clothing whenever he sees them. Being that she's at least a decade younger than him and the daughter of a farmer, he was rather surprised when he found out the previous night that she was unwed. It works to his advantage, though. Speaking from previous experiences that he has no desire to repeat, an angered husband is more trouble than it is worth.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-14, 02:18 AM
The girl wakes up with a bright smile and dangling locks of curly blond hair dangle about her head, green eyes flutter open and lock on Callais. She holds the sheets in front of her. "Good morning Callais, darling!" And suddenly the sounds of stomping work-boots come to the door and the sounds of pounding are heard on the opposite side of the door.
"ROSE! ROSE, OPEN THE DOOR!!" The girl, now apparently named Rose gasps, "Daddy!"

The Demented One
2007-09-14, 10:09 AM
Having completed his morning rituals, Zenra heads down to the Weary Mule for breakfast. "Good morning, friends. I trust the night went well?" he says as he walks in. He looks at the barkeep, who he's come to know well in his time at Esenal. "I am famished, have you a pint of ale?" he says, with a slightly sing-song quality of voice. He sits at the bar, and takes a good long look at the stranger sitting next to him, the one who seems so eager to remain unseen. "Hello, stranger. I don't believe I've seen you here before. What brings you to the town of Esemal?"

theterran
2007-09-14, 12:34 PM
Sitting in the corner of the Weary Mule, tending to his pint, a gnome eyes the seemly cheery fellow that has just burst through the door.

I doubt people here even truly understand what they face. If they did than this one probably wouldn't be so chipper...

Turning his attention back to his mug, Talafin attempts to drown his sorrows in ale.

Kaelik
2007-09-14, 12:49 PM
Tarkimos

Turning his eyes on the intrusive stranger, he looks deeper then the surface. Don't really know, just happened by.

Detect Magic Concentration at Talafin.

The Demented One
2007-09-14, 10:22 PM
"You will leave us soon? Or will you stay? Zenra asks, trying to be as genial as possible for one who has not yet had his morning's pint. "My name is Zenra Crucifer. And yours?"

purepolarpanzer
2007-09-14, 11:06 PM
Wiping his mouth, Bruin picked up his mace and shouldered his pack. Heading outside, he looked up and down the small town.
What to do now? MaybeI should move on. Other areas may be in more dire need of my help...

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-14, 11:18 PM
Wiping his mouth, Bruin picked up his mace and shouldered his pack. Heading outside, he looked up and down the small town.
What to do now? MaybeI should move on. Other areas may be in more dire need of my help...

It becomes obvious to you now just how many people weep... they walk the streets in tears. The barkeep said there have been many lives close to this town taken by the walking dead... More so than he let on, it seems.

purepolarpanzer
2007-09-14, 11:27 PM
On the other hand, it seems the people here need consoling... and sometimes it is the living who need the most help with death.
Bruin slides his hands into his robes, taking out his holy symbol, laughing when he thought how far from normal robes they were. Keeping his hood up, hefting his mace like a staff, he raised it high and called out.
Take heart, good people. Aeomon, Lord of the Gentle Passing, has accepted as many of your loved ones as he could. I know you feel pain at their loss, and that is pain at seperation from them, as you would feel if they left. However, you will see them again, as all are rejoined on the other side. But do not grieve for them. Grieve for those who have risen again in the service of dark magics. For death is but a transisition to a better place, while those who rise again as undead must die a second time to find their reward in his realms.
Bruin stood firm, waiting for the jeer that were surely to come. Most people, especialy those in the outskirts of civilization, thought his church a morbid group devoted to death. If only they knew he was a servant meant to make death a simple passage to something better. Hopefully atleast one person would find his words comforting. That would make any ordeal he suffered worth it.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-15, 01:02 AM
Many look upon the benevolent half-orc with awe, some with fear; Simply walking past while stopping their cries of woe as if to become less noticeable. Some even seem to look upon him as though his words were comforting. But many find his words bitter, especially when escaping the mouth of a savage...
"You bloody dog! Don't stain their memories with your black tongue!" and so they begin throwing peddles, stones and twigs at you. "Be gone, half-orc!"
The few who looked upon you with more hope than before now seem to sheepishly lower their heads in pity of Bruin.

Green Leviathan
2007-09-15, 01:49 AM
Grumkik

From the back corner of the bar, Grumkik slowly stirs and rises from his chair. With both hand he pulls back the hood covering his face revealing a gaunt half-orc with sun drenched weathered skin. With a voice full of command with a gruff sound Grumkik adressess Bruin.
Come now brother, do you really expect more from humans such as these. They do not know what kindness you do them. They should fight the comming tide and yet they stand hide here in this blip of a village. I say let thoughs who would not fight be the first to fall. Me, i plan to live, and to do that i will help stem this flood and they will prosper under the protection that comes from the sweat of my brow and thoughs like me. They are nothing but cattle.

With that Grumkik glares around the room looking for challengers and if seeing none will sit back down and pick up his drink and stare at the faces of the humans who stare at him.

Grenadier
2007-09-15, 03:37 AM
He doesn't appear to acknowledge the girl's bubbly demeanor or the disgusting endearment, but it makes Callais realize that he should have left last night. If only he had known she'd be so... affectionate.

Clasping her hands in his own, the half-elf tells her, "My dearest, I'm afraid I must take my leave. Alas, this could be very well that this is the last time we meet, given my profession." Thank the gods for that. He vaguely remembers telling her that he was an emissary the night before. "It pains me to have to leave your side, but I will forever remember this night." The lie brings him a small satisfaction, if only due to the young woman's obnoxious personality.

Callais feels a flash of annoyance when there's a great pounding at the door and the booming voice to accompany it. At the very least he now knew the girl's name, not that he had a use for it anymore. He drops Rose's hands and promptly wipes his gloved hands on a handkerchief he retrieves from his vest pocket. With that, he gives her an fake smile and moves to the window, which swings open, and climbs out of the single-story house and towards the tavern. With any luck, he'll be lost amongst the other travelers there.

bluff: [roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-15, 03:47 AM
The naive young girl holds her hand up to her mouth and her eyes get all starry. "He's so daring..." she mutters to herself as Callais leaves through the window and her father smashes the door down with pitch-fork in hand. He looks around, dumbfounded. "Bloody... noises..."

purepolarpanzer
2007-09-15, 09:51 AM
With his pure white cloak on and his hood up, the thrown objects ping off Bruin without him even feeling them. But the insults strike deep, in a wound that may never heal. Hearing the words of the other half-orc, Bruin walks over to him.
Yes... but it is the herdsmen who cares for the cattle. And I am the herdsmen for my god, who graciously accepts all into his embrace. Tell me though, who are you? It's been so long since I've seen another of my kind I wondered if they were hiding from me.
Realizing it may be rude to ask for ones identity without providing his own, Bruin planted his Reaper, holding it high, near the head.
I am Bruin, Battle Priest of Aeomon. I, too, struggle against these hoardes, trying to purge as many as I can from the world of the living. The blood I have shed for this task is only overwhelmed by my faith that it is my duty and the bodies I have left, freed from their cursed bond to this plane.

Kaelik
2007-09-15, 02:42 PM
Tarkimos

Turning his attention back to his drink, Tarkimos feels the rush of his internal commands swell over him. Letting himself sway for a bit, drowned in his own mind he stays quiet.

After a while he looks up, surprised to see the man still there. Don't really know. Not important. Anywhere is as good as anywhere else.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-15, 05:14 PM
A young woman seems hesitant, but seems to approach the servant of the white reaper once the bigoted crowd has dispersed. She seems weary and tired from her sorrow but looks upon him with bright eyes, eyes full of awe and hope at the sight of him. "You seek to purge the dead? I... My family was taken not long ago... in a town not far from here. In Elington, east of here, but survivors have returned here to tell us, they know where the undead armies march to. Hadeston, north-east of here, not 6 miles distance... The armies of death will arrive there by nightfall to end life there... Will you end this plague? Will you make the lives lost not be in vain?" She speaks quickly but coherently with desperation in her voice.

purepolarpanzer
2007-09-15, 10:47 PM
Bruin immediately hoists his mace over his shoulder.
I will either purge the perversions or die trying.
He reaches out and rests a large hand on the woman's shoulder. Closing his eyes, he starts to pray.
Lord Aeomon, please raise the sorrow off this woman's heart. Let her know that you have taken her family away from the pain, strife, and evils of this world to a better place. Also, give her the reassurance that she will see her family, in time, after she has lived a decent life befitting one of your children.
He then turns to the half-orc who tried to help him against the crowd.
I can't ask you to come with me, but I would welcome the help. I'm going to see what others I can rally, as this traveller's town should hold atleast a few more who could help in the coming battle. If you choose to help, spread the word and rally more to the cause and meet me in front of the inn to get horses. If not, I won't think any worse of you.
He then turns and strides through the town, bellowing a message.
The town of Hadeston is about to be assaulted by the Undead leagions. I march there. Whether you fight for the good of the living, for profit, or for reasons all your own, please assist me in defending the innocents there. I will personally see that the Church of Aeomon rewards you somehow, and if they for some reason can't, will repay you for your services my self. Please, come to aid, for we are all made brothers when fighting the perverted souls that attack us. Some of you have felt the grief of loss, and know how these attacks hurt the very soul. Prevent that from happening to others, and take up arms. Follow me!

Green Leviathan
2007-09-16, 05:53 AM
Grumkik

<i>hrm, This one seems he might prove to be useful, if a little devout.</i> Thinking it over for a moment while Bruin finishes his speech to the town Grumkik approaches the battle priest.

"I have decided that you will find ample use for my aid and that I am willing to give it. You may call me Grumkik. I control the Arcane arts and the sands of our Orcish lands." Raises voice so that the crowd will here "Hopefully more will lend what support they can, even if they cannot join us in combat."

Lowering his voice back down " I would not expect much from those that live here, our best chance is with other travelers such as ourselves. I will go and wait in front of the Inn untill you are satisfied with those you have gathered."

if nothing else, Grumkik head back toward the Inn.

drackcove
2007-09-16, 12:05 PM
Bergelius

Suddenly an angel walks into the room bearing a warhammer. Angelic light radiates from him, filling many with awe and wonder. On top of his silvery skin is his impressive Breastplate armor and a solid white cloak. He says nothing just being there he is made known.

(edit-apparantly more is needed about the glowing angel)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-16, 03:27 PM
Bergelius

Suddenly an angel walks into the room bearing a warhammer. Angelic light radiates from him, filling many with awe and wonder.

(do i need anymore description than that?)

You really can't be more descriptive...?:smallconfused:
Really, more would be greatly appreciated... Everyone else so far mostly has at least a few paragraphs per post.

drackcove
2007-09-16, 11:46 PM
(ooc of course I can do more. But i'm a Freaken Glowing angel, there is oodles and oodles on information transmuted just from that. I suppose I can add a few details.)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-17, 12:27 AM
Think about it this way, roleplaying isn't about what you have to do, it's about what you can do. Sure you can say you look like an angel and walk into the tavern, but that's all people will know. You should express yourself, put your soul into text. It is brilliant light and awe-striking, yes, but make the readers believe that, not just the bar patrons. Y'know?

And I think incarnate avatar is semi-translucent...

Grenadier
2007-09-17, 03:28 AM
Callais dashes through the field that separates the small farmhouse from the rest of the village, and at the end of it slows to a stroll. Judging by the somber faces of the townspeople, the undead were quite likely to be nearby. That makes his mission all the more simple, which pleases Callais. Visiting remote villages is far from an the half-elf's idea of an enjoyable trip, and searching for the legions of undead would have made it all the more unpleasant.

Sauntering towards the tavern, he catches the bellows of a white-robed half-orc. How convenient. Casually, Callais approaches the half-orc with a sly smile and waits for his companion to finish speaking.

"You've made an intriguing offer, follower of Aeomon. Though, I'll agree with your companion in that few of the townsfolk will be eager fight the undead, and add that fewer still would be inclined to aid a pair of half-orcs." Callais notes with interest the sapphire brooch on the other half-orc's belt, and his sly smile broadens as he immediately knows the Magi's name, branch, and rank. The half-elf's own brooch is hidden from sight on a chain under his shirt, and that knowledge pleases him all the more.

"Callais Nevilim." he introduces himself to the half-orcs with confidence. "I'm an enchanter of sorts, and while my strengths lie with the living as opposed to the dead, I believe I can help you gentlemen acquire the aid that you seek."

drackcove
2007-09-17, 10:37 AM
Note: it has been edited...like yesterday. The Picture of it was semitranslucent. The text on the otherhand did not specify. So its up to the Dm to rule. so if you insist on it being translucent, again i'll edit.

theterran
2007-09-17, 11:07 AM
Finishing his pint, Talafin was on his way to get another when he hears a half-orc outside yelling something about undead.

All of the images of his home land begin flashing through his mind, and his blood begins boiling.

This town shall not perish as mine did!

Rushing outside, past some glowing thing that he paid little heed to, Talafin is more than a little upset to just see a couple of half-orcs talking and no undead in sight.

Approaching the half-orcs, Talafin glares.

"Why did you raise a false alarm about undead being in this TOWN?!".

Talafin's voice slowly grows louder as he speaks.

[roll0]

(edit)...wow...a nat 1...this doesn't boad well for me. :smallsigh:

purepolarpanzer
2007-09-17, 12:22 PM
[roll0] See? Miracles do happen :smallbiggrin: EDIT- Sorry. +4 for being bigger than you, Gnomy. I no scared uh yoo!
Bruin is disturbed by the aggresive voice of the new comer, but not shaken.
Be calm, my friend. The alarm is not for this town, but one a stone's throw away. Hadeston, 6 miles north-east of here, is about to be attacked by undead. That is where I march, with any who will assist me. From your anger, may I divine you have some grudge against the undead? It can be a great weapon, and would help us greatly.

Turning back to Callais, Bruin resumes the conversation they had started.
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated, Mage. I know one of your knowledge knows the value of purging the tide that befalls us.

theterran
2007-09-17, 01:07 PM
Being somewhat deflated from not only the lack of undead, but the fact that the half-orc wasn't scared of him as well, Talafin offers a brief introduction.

"My name is Talafin, if you require further you may call me Talafin the Gnome. You assume correctly that I have a grudge against these, and any undead, so I will help you on your venture to destroy these undead..."

The Demented One
2007-09-17, 08:54 PM
Despite the strange, new figure at the bar, Zenra's attention is caught by talk of the dead out on the streets. "I'll speak with you later, now I must go." he says, leaving the bar for the streets, and taking his mug with him. He leaves no coin for the barkeep; the changeling has other ways of paying his keep.

Walking outside to meet up with those already assembled outsides, Zenra waves and speaks. "You speak of the undead? You have my ears. My name is Zenra, and your cause is mine." He rests his hand on the ornate handle of his greatsword, stroking it gently.

purepolarpanzer
2007-09-17, 10:15 PM
Again, the undead are attacking Hadeston, 6 miles north-east of here. I would be more detailed, but WE MUST LEAVE SOON. Is there any one else in this town any you think would be helpful to us? If not, we should leave. Immediately.

Green Leviathan
2007-09-17, 11:45 PM
Grumkik- BAck at the front of the Inn

Grumkik looks with intrest as this Celestial being apears in this small hamlet. thinking to himself "This is unforseen but not unfortunate, This one could be of great use in the battle, hopefully he will not get in my way. If anything, the undead will surely favor attacking an angelic being."

Aproaching the figure. Looking him up and down with slight disdaine.Hmmf, Are you the best the heavens have sent us in our hour of need? If so then the outer realms must have a strange sense of humor because our situation is a little more dire then one celestial being can fix. Since your here go talk to the other Half-Orc, he seems to be the one rallying the counter offensive.

With that Grumkik takes out an hour glass and stares into the falling sands muttering under his breath indistiguishable words.

The Demented One
2007-09-19, 02:50 PM
"I'd not deem this one "angel;" not to soon. It has done naught but stand and glow, and well..." Zenra grins mischieviously, and screw up his face as he shifts his form to mimic Bergelius' own. Angelic, albeit wholly vestigial, wings sprout from his back, and what could be mistaken for a celestial glow emanates bioluminescently. "...To seem as an angel is not that hard. Now stranger, tell, kindly what you might be."

Kaelik
2007-09-19, 04:53 PM
Tarkimos

With the arrival of the (apparently) Celestial Being and the Shapeshifting cynic's departure Tarkimos finds himself once again comfortably unnoticed. Talk of the undead had driven his internal orders to a fevered pitch, but all the same he did not lose track of his paranoia. With a swift gesture he disappeared from the sight of those around him, and began picking his way quietly out of the bar.

He did not know the way to this town, or even where he was. But these people would lead him to it.

Invokes Walk Unseen. Invisibly navigates Bar to get outside.

purepolarpanzer
2007-09-21, 06:11 AM
Are there no others who will help?
(bump)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-21, 08:39 AM
Yes, let's keep this campaign alive.
A few of the tavern patrons notice as the man disappears into nothingness. One thinks he's just had too many pints for breakfast but another stands up and looks around. "The bloody hell...?" as he stares at where Tarkimos disappeared to.

Green Leviathan
2007-09-23, 10:33 PM
Gromkik - staring into his hourglass

after staring into the sands, he gets energized all of a sudden, jumps up and heads toward where everyone is gathering.

"quickly, there isn't much time. We must travel now, for the undead advance as we wait. All others who wish to follow may do so, the rest of you may cower and wait your turn and pray that we succeed."

With that Gromkik heads toward the stables and grabs his horse and trots in the dirrection of the encroaching armies. Slow enough that others who wish to join have the time to but not waiting on anybody either.

trying start this thing moving, the above sand thing is purly RP and in no way is a spell or ability. Just something he believes well show him the way wether or not it actually does.

purepolarpanzer
2007-09-23, 11:26 PM
I agree. We can't tarry too long.
Bruin stomps into the inn. His muscles are aready tense at the thought of battle against his hated foe, his breaths are deep and strong. In an almost angry voice, he addreses the inn keeper.
I need a horse, strong enough to heft my bulk.
In transferring my sheet, I lost how much money I have left. I think it was just enough to get a light horse, but if you want I will calculate it out again.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-24, 12:54 AM
I agree. We can't tarry too long.
Bruin stomps into the inn. His muscles are aready tense at the thought of battle against his hated foe, his breaths are deep and strong. In an almost angry voice, he addreses the inn keeper.
I need a horse, strong enough to heft my bulk.
In transferring my sheet, I lost how much money I have left. I think it was just enough to get a light horse, but if you want I will calculate it out again.

He raises his eyebrows a little in shock, but almost like he expects it from you. "Reckon there'll be a good mount near ol' Winston's place... Horse farmer down the way some, nice gent."

Edit:
And don't worry 'bout the cash. It's all cool.

The Demented One
2007-09-25, 09:53 PM
"Indeed, let us depart with utmost haste." Zenra says. He sets out for Winston's, hoping to talk his way onto a horse with the bare minimum of payment.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-25, 10:02 PM
For everyone heading to Winston's stables: The old, gray man carries oats to the stables and when you come looking for mounts he charges a paltry 1gp a head a day per horse rented. He tells you, "I'm chargin' ya lot less 'n I normally would, but only cause o' them damned zombies..."

purepolarpanzer
2007-09-25, 10:45 PM
I will gladly pay for as many mounts as we need.
Bruin turns to count how many he has to pay for.
Need to get a final tally of whos in and whos not

The Demented One
2007-09-26, 04:47 PM
"I thank you for your generosity. I am afraid my funds are somewhat spare." Turning to the horse farmer, Zenra says "I would take but the lightest mount you have. As long as she can bear my armaments - and they are heavier than they do seem - I'm sure her service will be adequate."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-30, 01:56 PM
C'mon, people! Post! I'm looking at you, Kaelik and theterran...

theterran
2007-10-03, 07:54 AM
"Mount? I doubt I could find a mount I could ride...most tend to be too big, and people tend not to breed mounts for gnomes, there's not much of a market for it..."

Talafin goes a little red in the face.

As Bruin heads off, Talafin does his best to keep up with him.

"Don't you think looking for mounts is more of a waste of time than actually getting out on the road? If this place is only 6 miles away, we should be able to get there fairly quickly without any mounts."

Kaelik
2007-10-03, 08:08 AM
Tarkimos

Tarkimos follows the group invisibly to the stables.

At first he is worried: Hopefully they will not all take mounts, I can not keep up on foot. Perhaps if some walk, or if the have a few pack animals I can remain with them without needing to buy my own horse and attempt to track them.

When the gnome speaks up against buying mounts, and for heading out, Tarkimos is relieved.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-03, 12:56 PM
"If'n you're ready to buy summet from me I recommend yeh do it now. I 'avn't got all day."

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-03, 02:59 PM
I'll take six mounts.
Bruin leaves the coins on the table.
Haste would be wise, sir, as a nearby village may be under attack as we speak.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-03, 04:11 PM
I'll take six mounts.
Bruin leaves the coins on the table.
Haste would be wise, sir, as a nearby village may be under attack as we speak.

"Alrigh', alrigh'... Pushy 'alf orcs always in a hurry..." The old man come back around with 6 horses in tow, obedient and orderly as horses can be it seems.

The Demented One
2007-10-03, 04:58 PM
"We have our steeds, and now let us depart!" Zenra calls, as he jumps into the saddle of his mount.

theterran
2007-10-04, 06:27 AM
Grumbling, Talafin retorts.

"How exactly do you expect me to ride that?!?"

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-04, 09:43 AM
The sixth is for our gear. You, my friend, ride behind me. Hold on, as we'll be going all out.
When everyone is ready, Bruin reaches out to help the smallest member of their band onto his horse.
We need to ride, now. Everyone ready?

theterran
2007-10-04, 10:00 AM
Talafin mumbles inaudibly to himself, the scowl on his face conveys his rather foul mood at present.

"...(mumble)"...stupid half-orc...(mumble)...dumb horse...(mumble)...fall off...(mumble)..."

Kaelik
2007-10-04, 12:27 PM
Tarkimos

Tarkimos watches the progression carefully. When all have mounted their horses he moves up to the pack horse. Silently climbing the beast, he positions himself as best he is able atop the gear.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-04, 01:44 PM
Tarkimos: Make a Move Silently check.

Kaelik
2007-10-04, 05:30 PM
Character Sheet how I miss you! [roll0]+2?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-04, 11:51 PM
Character Sheet how I miss you! [roll0]+2?

Alright, everyone else make opposing Listen checks.

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-05, 12:11 AM
Bruin begins to walk his mount foreword, making sure others are following.
[roll0]

Grenadier
2007-10-05, 02:20 AM
Callais frowns slightly in distaste at the steed's stench as he mounted the horse. "Well, aren't you a foul-smelling beast. It'd be too much to ask for something that didn't reek, wouldn't it?" he mutters to the animal, mostly due to irritation at being in such a remote area. Gods know that there were much fouler-smelling things than horse manure and backwater villages. Not one to take the half-orc's generosity for granted, however, any other complaints the half-elf has are never vocalized, and he urges the mount forward, following Bruin at a slow pace.

Listen check: [roll0]

theterran
2007-10-05, 06:27 AM
Talafin continues to grumble about his current riding situation.


[roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-05, 01:07 PM
Talafin continues to grumble about his current riding situation.


[roll0]

He also hears the strange sounds of an invisible Tarkimos mounting your pack horse.

theterran
2007-10-05, 01:12 PM
Talafin nudges Bruin and whispers to him.

"Stop the horse, I believe we have a thief trying to make off with our pack horse. I heard someone messing with the horse, although I cannot see him."

Talafin motions back toward the pack horse while whispering to Bruin.

The Demented One
2007-10-06, 09:34 AM
Zenra lightly strokes his mount, but pricks his ear up, thinking he might have heard something other than the blowing of the wind.


Listen
[roll0]

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-08, 06:14 PM
Bruin halts the horses and sighs heavily. Stepping down, he turns to the last horse.
We don't have time for this. Reveal yourself. We mean you no harm, and if you mean us none, we can go our separate ways.

theterran
2007-10-09, 06:39 AM
"Coaxing him out will take a lot longer than burning him out. If his intentions were honorable he wouldn't be sneaking around, so let me burn 'em down and we can be on our way!

Talafin yells, trying to Intimidate the would be theif.


[roll0]

Kaelik
2007-10-09, 12:50 PM
Tarkimos

Tarkimos leaps down from the horse and runs off the path into the woods/plains/grass, still invisible.

OOC:I have further actions but I wanted to give you all a chance to react. I guess you all heard me run off into the woods, but I wanted you to have your chance to do something before I continued.

theterran
2007-10-10, 11:07 AM
[roll0]

Hearing the would be thief scurry into the woods, Talafin laughs.

Talafin yells after the man.

"Instead of running away, why don't you come out and play!"

Realizing what he said rhymes, Talafin quickly tries thinking of something else witty to say.

hey, no that makes no sense, may...no, I'm not asking anything...bay, no, nothing to do with water...slay, hey that might work!

Perking up to say something else, Talafin quickly realizes that the time had come and gone, and he had missed it.

Irritated, Talafin slumps in the saddle behind Bruin.

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-10, 10:02 PM
Bruin halts the horse. Pondering, he then yells.
If you come as an ally, then by all means mount up and follow. What was your purpose in hiding?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-14, 06:55 PM
Looks like Kaelik's out, on his own accord... So I guess you guys can carry on without him.

Green Leviathan
2007-10-14, 10:15 PM
Looking back and seeing the other stop for what appears to be some sort of phantom Gromkik speaks up.

Do we really have time to go searching for what obviouly does not wish to be found. If he wishes to help then he will do so, if not we have more pressing matters, the undead do not halt while you tally here. Follow me and we shal deal with this phantom if it becomes a bother but now we must march for the sands of time are not so easily put back in the bottle.

Once again he pulls his sandcolored cloak over his head and rides at a determined pace.

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-14, 10:35 PM
Yes, lets go. We don't have time for this.
Bruin mounts up again and sets off as fast as the horse and his companion rider can manage.
We've wasted too much time on this. We need t get there before anyone is hurt!
Bruin clenches his hands on the reigns, his knuckles white with stress.

theterran
2007-10-15, 08:16 AM
"Good, those undead won't kill themselves after all..."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-15, 02:38 PM
As you continue your travel, the sound of hoof-beats approaches from behind, looking back reveals two people on a single horse. A tall, bearded man in a grey tunic and the woman from before, the one informing Bruin of the undead heading toward Hadeston.
She dismounts the horse, giving the man a few coins and a few thanks and as the man heads off back towards town the woman speaks, "Brave warriors, I must tell you of an obstacle in your path that may make it too late!" There is desperation in her voice. "If you do not know the path, you'll surely be lost. Up ahead is a great gorge, none have built bridges across it but I know the quickest way around it. If we venture now we may get there just in time to stop the undead! But I have payed all my coin for a ride to this spot, I'll need to ride with one of you."

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-16, 12:33 PM
Damn.
Bruin turns his head, hiding the miriad of emotions that run through his eyes in a single moment. Anger, sadness, dissapointment, and most of all fear- fear for those who would die today, but know no peace. He knew that he should show none of them his true feelings, as it could dishearten them, so when he turns back, he has only steely resolve.
Could one of you take her on your horses? We need to get moving, and I can think of no way to get to the village without her help. I hate to bring you into danger, ma'am, but I appreciate your sacrifice.

Green Leviathan
2007-10-16, 01:05 PM
ooc

The new and not completely equiped Grumkik (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=1250). Who, as it would turn out has now got the nifty spell phantom steed which i will now put to use.


Grumkik looks back to see the same human female that approached them for their aid in the first place. Thinking to himself that the entire towns courage could not equal that of this woman, he speaks out.

I for one welcome you and congradulate youfor rising above your fellow humans to aid us in this conflict. I however will not share a horse with you, but seeing as how this is a race against the sands of time. Though....

With a wave of his hands and a few arcane words a large black steed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/phantomSteed.htm) seems to form from mist that came out of nowhere.

There, with this you can travel far safer then any of us for it will travel even over the mighty dunes of my homelands without falter. Feel proud, for your courage I have deemed you fit to benifit from my magic this day. Come now, do not let your courage waver now. We must make haste.

with a hand guesture, he offers the lady to lead the way.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-16, 10:15 PM
ooc

The new and not completely equiped Grumkik (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=1250). Who, as it would turn out has now got the nifty spell phantom steed which i will now put to use.


Grumkik looks back to see the same human female that approached them for their aid in the first place. Thinking to himself that the entire towns courage could not equal that of this woman, he speaks out.

I for one welcome you and congradulate youfor rising above your fellow humans to aid us in this conflict. I however will not share a horse with you, but seeing as how this is a race against the sands of time. Though....

With a wave of his hands and a few arcane words a large black steed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/phantomSteed.htm) seems to form from mist that came out of nowhere.

There, with this you can travel far safer then any of us for it will travel even over the mighty dunes of my homelands without falter. Feel proud, for your courage I have deemed you fit to benifit from my magic this day. Come now, do not let your courage waver now. We must make haste.

with a hand guesture, he offers the lady to lead the way.

She looks taken aback as she looks upon the newly appeared magical steed and does her best to get up on it's back. Succeeding after a few seconds she stabilizes herself and begins riding. "Follow me!"
She leads to the edge of the gorge and through winding passages, narrow ledges and back up steep hills and even narrower ledges. "We are almost there!" she shouts when you come out of the gorge on the other side, the sun begins to sink in the distance.
Going to get your items in there soon, Grummy?

theterran
2007-10-17, 06:24 AM
Talafin

"More delays! There won't be any living left if we keep on at this rate!"

Talafin is unsure about what irritates him more, all the delays keeping him from killing undead, or having to ride a horse behind a half-orc.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-18, 09:22 PM
Hey guys. If it seems like my posts are kind of slow it's somewhat intentional, I'm just waiting on Callais to post as a sign they as a person are alive. I know this person in real life and am in almost constant communication with this person, but they havn't been online in two days. So if they don't come up responding or existing within the next few days I'll have to end up NPCing them for a little as well as I can. And lucky news for you guys, action's just around the corner.

Grenadier
2007-10-19, 01:00 AM
"Be thankful we're not travelling on foot, you most of all." Callais tells Talafin with a wry grin and light chuckle, before urging his horse to catch up to the young woman.

He rides alongside the woman and flashes a charming smile at her. "You're quite a skilled guide. Do you have any other talents that are of interest, miss..?" Callais asks.

Diplomacy Check: [roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-19, 02:21 AM
She looks at Callais with a slight blush. "M-my name is Lynn... Lynn Aramond..." She shows a weak smile to Callais but looks forward again. "We must go forward!"

After a short trip over plain and down a dirt road some it is now dark. On the horizon the most dreaded of sights can be seen... fire... Widespread and rampant. The smell of burning wood and flesh is in the air...

"No! We're too late! We... We have to stop them while they remain! And save those who may still live!" She tries kicking the side of the conjured mount to make it go faster, looking to have a tough time on it's back but managing to stay on.

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-19, 06:34 AM
Bruin spurs his own mount to match the woman's pace.
Those people will be helped more by our avoiding panic than a dozen more swords. Channel your worry into rightious fury instead. LEAD ONWARD!
The half-orc's cloak blows in the wind of their haste. His eyes are furrowed, squinting through rage and withheld emotion. He grips the reigns tighter, focusing on the task at hand. He pauses only to whisper a small prayer.
Lord Aeomon, please, let us not be too late...

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-20, 03:35 PM
I'm just assuming everyone fallows Lynn and Bruin.
As you reach the southern most edge of town the flame becomes clearer, houses in decay and ruin are immediately apparent. You can hear the sound of hundreds or even thousands of shambling feet in the echoing distance. The smell of decay and burnt flesh engulfs the senses to an almost intoxicating effect. In the distance there is a tower that sticks out above the rest of the village, occasionally eldritch energy blasts from a window near the top of the tower and with every one more burnt flesh is smelled.
Only a few yards before you, as your eyes adjust to the flame and shadow is a shambling hoard of hideous undead zombies and skeletons, as soon as one sees you, many more begin to notice... and they make their way toward you...

Green Leviathan
2007-10-22, 05:56 AM
Grumkik looks forward at the horde of undead and smiles, at last he has found his prey. Looking up at the tower and seeing the arcane engeries scorching the bodies of the undead he smiles and thinks to himself "Ah, at least others of the Order will see me in action as i lay waste to these undead. Who knows, i might even get a upgrade in rank out of this."

Outload

"We must make our way through the undead to the tower, there we can mout up with any survivors and lead a better counter attack at these corpses. And be on the look out for the one in control of these mindless abominations"


Initiative
[roll0]

theterran
2007-10-22, 06:18 AM
Seeing the undead, there's only one thing on his mind.

Revenge

[roll0]

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-22, 06:25 AM
Bruin slides off his mount, raising his Reaper in a two handed grip.
I agree, friend. But don't spare any you think you can break on the way. Set their souls free.
With that, he breaks into a loud prayer,
Father Aeomon, give us the strength this day to do your will! Give us the strength to destroy these abominations! Give us strength!
[roll0] casting bull's strength on myself

theterran
2007-10-22, 07:26 AM
Talafin

((With my Init so high, I'll go ahead and post actions))

"Let's see how strong these undead really are."

Hopping off the horse, Talafin begins to cast his spell.
Moving his hand in a distinct pattern while muttering an incantation, Talafin causes energy to spring forth from his fingers toward the undead.

Casting Magic Missile with 4 missiles. Choosing two undead with in 15ft of each other and have them take two missiles each.

Undead #1: [roll0] + [roll1]
Undead #2: [roll2] + [roll3]

Grenadier
2007-10-23, 01:58 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

The Demented One
2007-10-23, 08:41 AM
"Now, let us draw good steel, and smite these dead!" Zenra shouts to his allies, readying himself for battle.


[roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-23, 04:00 PM
Alright, I've divided initiative up into groups for the undead mass, here's the order of initiative.

Talafin
Grumkik
Callais
Zombies group 1
Zenra
Skeleton group 1
Zombies group 2
Skeleton group 2
Bruin
Zombies group 3
Zombies group 4

Talafin already went, so Grumkik's next.One of Talafin's missiles impacts a zombie and it's undead husk falls to the ground. The other appears to still stand, but is viciously torn apart. The wall of undead flesh continues to march forward.

Green Leviathan
2007-10-24, 06:15 AM
Grumkik

Seeing his companion spew out his arcane missles at a couple of undead grumkik snickers. Hoping down off his horse so he can better control his movements he tucks the raeigns in his belt and starts to cast Fireball (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireball.htm) (DC 18) at the largest cluster of undead between him and the tower and utters a single deciphorable word afterwards.

"Ash"

Green Leviathan
2007-10-24, 08:25 PM
fireball damage [roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-24, 09:20 PM
As Grumkik's blast of fire consumes most of the walking hoard, all burn and moan in vestigial pain as they collapse into blazing heaps of charred undead flesh. A few of the mob have survived the blast, either with minimal damage or because they were outside the spell's area. Now all that remain are 5 charred zombies, one unharmed zombie and one unharmed skeleton.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-28, 08:42 PM
Small hitch guys, Grenadier is having internet problems. Right now she's leeching wireless from someone else and this is disallowing her on any actual sites for some reason, but is likely to have her own internet back by this weekend. So hold tight.

Edit/Bump trick: Hey guys, check out the front page, at the very top.

Green Leviathan
2007-10-29, 05:51 AM
That is so freakin awsome i think i drooled on myself a bit.

theterran
2007-10-29, 06:13 AM
I bet I'm the short one! :smalltongue:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-30, 05:19 AM
I'm NPCing Callais for hopefully just this one post.
Callais takes his hand crossbow from inside his coat, moving like liquid as he does and with his free hand he begins moving his fingers, creating the perfect somatic gestures for a spell, as well as invoking the correct arcane words. When he is finished, he seems to speed up, though he sees the world around him as a slow-motion scene. When he is done, he smirks and a bolt loads itself into his crossbow.
Using 3rd level spell slot for haste.
--
The zombies shamble toward you all and the single skeleton moves a little quicker... and as if unnaturally drawn toward a beacon of positive energy, swings a battered scimitar at him.
But the skeleton's combat prowess is about as strong as it's mental faculties. The scimitar clatters against his hidden armor with a loud CLACK! leaving Bruin unharmed.

theterran
2007-10-30, 07:29 AM
Talafin

Hearing Grumkik snicker, Talafin scowls at him.

"So you want to make this a competition do you? FINE!"

Ignoring the skeleton that separated from the pack, Talafin calls down an Ice Storm in a 20ft. radius centered in the middle of the undead.


Each zombie in the 20ft radius takes:
Bludgeoning Damage - [roll0]
and
Cold Damage - [roll1]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-30, 05:10 PM
Talafin

Hearing Grumkik snicker, Talafin scowls at him.

"So you want to make this a competition do you? FINE!"

Ignoring the skeleton that separated from the pack, Talafin calls down an Ice Storm in a 20ft. radius centered in the middle of the undead.


Each zombie in the 20ft radius takes:
Bludgeoning Damage - [roll0]
and
Cold Damage - [roll1]
You took your turn a little early, Zenra and Bruin still need to go.

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-30, 06:37 PM
Feel the grace of the Welcomer, you souless wretches!!
Bruin smashes at the skeleton who struck at him with his reaper, attempting to possibly crush it and push through to another target it any are within reach.
Power Attack- -3 to hit, +6 to damage [roll0] Second Attack [roll1] Damage- [roll2] [roll3]. Will take additional cleave rolls if needed

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-30, 07:48 PM
Bruins absolutely brutal first strike decimates the skeleton before him, leaving his second attacks to strike the burnt and blackened zombies as he so desires.
Feel free to let that second attack count on a zombie(it would kill it), the first one killed the skeleton. And you can make a cleave against a second zombie(which will likely kill it).

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-30, 08:22 PM
Thank you, Father, for your blessed aim as I free your children!
Bruin continues his swing into another foe, shouting his love in a religious fervor.
Another attack- [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-30, 08:31 PM
Bruins crushing series of blows leave the skeleton in a heap of dry bones and two zombies in heaps of burnt human meat. Four blackened zombies remain.
If TD1 doesn't get internet back soon I'm gonna NPC him for a post or two, just to keep things moving.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-30, 11:06 PM
Zenra dismounts and rushes towards the shambling hoard of burnt bodies(or what's left of it and swings his mighty blade into one of the beasts, and then slashing deep into another one.
Attack 1- [roll0]
Attack 2- [roll1]
Damage 1- [roll2]
Damage 2- [roll3]His attack sinks deeply into the undead flesh of the first creature attacked and it rends the creatures upper body from the lower. The second is missed by mere inches and leaves it unharmed, or rather, as harmed as it was previously.
--
Talafin's round, previously made up.
The crushing ice and hail rains down upon the undead hoard, crushing the remaining bodies into blackened and frosted nothingness upon the ground, unfortunately, the attack also struck Bruin and Zenra.

Everyone gets the grand total of 320 XP! Hooray!

Green Leviathan
2007-10-31, 02:24 AM
Grumkik

There is no competition, i use what spell will have the most effect at the time, allowing me to optimize. You on the other hand used your strongest power to crush what little remained and hurt our allies in the process. The desert teaches against such recklisness, and those that fail to learn quickly die in the prosess.

(feel free to read the hidden threat, grumkik will not act on it but he has little paticance for waste and recklisness)

with that grumkik heads toward the tower, leading the horse by its straps.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-31, 05:36 AM
Lynn trots forward again and smiles sweetly. "You surely are brave heroes. But we must move quickly, there is most surely more undead hoards awaiting us inside the town!" She sits atop the magical steed waiting for someone with greater offensive or defensive capabilities to lead ahead of her.

theterran
2007-10-31, 06:09 AM
Talafin

Glaring at Grumkik, Talafin apologizes to the rest.

"Sorry for catching you in my ice storm...you should be more careful in the future though..."

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-31, 06:20 AM
It matters not. This body can be healed much easier than those who will die this day and rise as undead.
Bruin pulls a small wand from inside of his cloak, looking almost comical in his massive hands. He touches it to himself twice, and healing light washes over him, sealing wounds of ice and making bruises dissapear.
Is anyone else in need of healing? There is plenty to go around, but not much time for debate. We need to press on.
Using my wand of cure moderate wounds twice on myself. Healed for 42 damage, more than enough. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1345205) Oh and Krimm, could you tell me when my bull's strength is gone?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-31, 05:04 PM
Oh and Krimm, could you tell me when my bull's strength is gone?
Sure thing.
Zenra

Zenra nods to Bruin as he holds off showing pain from his wounds. "Indeed, the cutting of the ice is like the claws of beast. I am in need of your healing."

purepolarpanzer
2007-10-31, 10:06 PM
Indeed, my friend. Feel the warmth of Aeomon's touch.
[roll0] and [roll1]

Grenadier
2007-11-02, 03:25 AM
Callais clears his throat. "If no one else needs their nose wiped, I believe it was mentioned that there is a village in great peril." he says in a dry tone.

He rides alongside Lynn and gives her a wry smile, placing his gloved hand over hers in a comforting gesture. "If I may ease your concerns, kindhearted maiden. While the undead hordes indeed await us, doubtlessly survivors as well."

purepolarpanzer
2007-11-02, 09:59 AM
Your right. Let's get moving again.
Burin takes the lead, his muscles bulging as he grips his Reaper.
We have a great work to do, and not much time to do it.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-03, 02:25 AM
There is a road ahead of you and row of houses going along both sides, slowly spreading into more houses and more streets. Down the road ahead of you appears to be a mass of shambling creatures and a functional fountain.
To the north and slightly to the west there appears to be another mass of shambling zombies and skeletons, somewhat larger than the group you just defeated.
Lynn and the magical horse she rides have decided to go down the road to the town square.
Just need an indication or two that everyone else will follow her.

Green Leviathan
2007-11-04, 12:32 AM
indication #1 yes i follow

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-04, 06:40 AM
indication #1 yes i follow

Yeahthatsenough. I'll keep this moving.The road ahead is marred and wrought with charred bodies, some seem to be in pieces, in fact most of them do. It seems all the bodies they didn't animate were the ones too damaged to be...
Up ahead the crowd of bodies becomes clearer... That is, the ones that are animate. Up in the tower overlooking town square you can hear the faint calls of an old man in a fury. "YOU LIFELESS DEVILS! YOU'LL NEVER HAVE MY VILLAGE!" and another fireball is flung into the crowd of undead minions, many perishing.
Opposite you on the other side of the town's square you can vaguely make out the shape of a pale man on a horse wearing black robes and wielding an ebony staff tipped with a skull.

Green Leviathan
2007-11-05, 01:50 AM
Grumkik

That there seems to be the one who controls this undead horde, if we take him out there is a good chance that many of the local undead will fall as well.

Initiative: [roll0]

theterran
2007-11-07, 07:42 AM
Talafin

"Excellent, if we kill him the undead should be easy pickings!"

Talafin grins with glee at the thought of more battle.

[roll0]

purepolarpanzer
2007-11-07, 09:50 AM
I have a plan. I can destory most of these undead using the Holy Light of Aeomon. It's a technique of my order. I will go distract the minions and erradicate them. You stay here for a few seconds, long enough for them to focus on me, and then you all can destroy their master. If it is possible, get word to that wizard in the tower so he can provide support.
With that, Bruin will recklessly charge foreword towards the mass of undead. He shouts at them in a taunting voice, though he knows it will have little effect on their mindless forms.
Come to me, perversions of life, and meet sweet death!
[roll0]

Grenadier
2007-11-07, 10:14 PM
"A plan that is as sound as any, I suppose." Callais says nonchalantly. Focusing his eyes on the tower, he continues in a pleasant tone, "I believe I'll have a chat with our new wizard friend."

Initiative: [roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-08, 03:29 AM
Zenra's gaze hardened as he looked upon the robes and symbol about the pale rider's neck and his zeal to destroy it became even stronger. "Leave no abomination standing..."

Initiative: [roll0]
--
The order goes like this;
Callais
Zenra
Mounted undead leader
Zombie group 1
Grumkik
Talafin
Skeleton group 1
Bruin
Skeleton group 2
Zombie group 2
Zombie wolves
Zombie group 3
Zombie group 4

--
The wall of gray and pale corpses shamble aimlessly again until the group steps into the firelight. Then the bodies focus their attention from getting into the tower and onto you.
Most of them are humanoid zombies and skeleton, but nearer to the undead master are examples of undead mass and power, two massive zombie apes and a large minotaur skeleton. The undead master himself is imposing aswell...

On the back of a zombified horse sits a noble looking man of little physical strength but domineering stature. His skin seems decayed and tight on his skeletal frame and bits of his actual skeleton poke out from his rotting flesh. His eyes are pale and milky, but seem to see just fine. He is wearing the black, silver-lined robes of the Cernin guard as well as the dull silver badge of Cernin about his neck. In his belt is a large, black-leather book with iron bracing and in his hand is a long staff tipped with a ruby-eyed skull and made of blackwood.
"...The wizard is second priority... Destroy them!" He points a bony hand at you all.

Grenadier
2007-11-12, 04:43 AM
The gestures Callais makes are sharp and concise, his voice clear as it annunciates arcane syllables. He holds his hand to the tower window and points to the man inside, directing his next rather smug words to him.

"May I implore you to concentrate your spellcasting on undead near the rather hulking white-robed fellow? I would imagine it would prove most helpful to all of us in the long run, given the plethora of undead and our intentions to vanquish them."

Casting Message

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-12, 05:06 AM
A moment later a whisper seems to grow audible to all the group. The sound of an old man issues forth from apparent nothingness and speaks; "Well, it is good such accomplished heroes had the spirit and tenacity to venture forth into my village and obliterate such a profane force... I shall aid your white-robed accomplice."


--

Zenra nods and looks towards the mounted undead leader. "...I can handle passing between the zombies... I thirst to cut the rotting flesh of the Cernin guard..."
Zenra charges through the undead creatures, carefully avoiding any of the would-be blows of slow-moving zombies but not standing in the way of skeletal minions and brings himself but 5 feet from the mounted living corpse.
"Die, lifeless abomination! Your reign is at an end, and I am the sword that will end it!" And he swings as hard as he can at the corpse.
Attack(-5 for power attack):[roll0]
Damage(+10 from power attack): [roll1]
Edit: Forgetting his +2 for charging, but still missing...

--

The mage looks angered and surprised by the sudden and powerful onslaught by the pale humanoid, but his face lowers with a gleeful grin full of yellow, rotten teeth as Zenra's sword reflects harmlessly off of invisible armor about his body.
He mutters something to Zenra that only he can hear and as he rears his horse, he speaks loudly the words of a spell and moves his free hand in arcane gestures as well as taking a small iron rod from his belt pouch and pointing it toward Zenra... as the changeling freezes solid in place, gasping and widening his eyes.
The mounted undead creature cackles in glee, which can be heard from across the town square. "Your end is nigh, fools!"

A large group of the undead hoard advances, a few in the front of the line reaching out and attempting to do away with the holy beacon before them. Several zombies swing their bodies at him in an attempt to do away with him.
But as each one swings their arms or makeshift clubs at bruin, none of them seem to connect, reflected off his illusory-hidden armor.
"Nuuaaaa!", the hoard moans.
Your go, Grummy.
Edit: Also, I'd like everyone capable of it to make a Knowledge (religion) check.

Green Leviathan
2007-11-13, 06:34 AM
Grumkik

looking at the horde, he quickly assess' the situation. Seeing the undead minitaur in the back by the undead magic user he smiles and says."Your dark magics will be your own undoing" Swiftly his hands trace arcane symols while he speaks in an indecyphorable tounge.casting command undead (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/commandUndead.htm)on the Skeletol minitaur, no save. btw no ranks in knowledge religion
Now attack your former master

theterran
2007-11-13, 07:32 AM
Talafin

With a sadistic glee on his face, the small gnome quickly finds a group of undead that no one is currently engaged with, reaches into his pouch and pulls out a small piece of phosphorus and begins moving his hand in a pattern while calling upon the element of fire. A wall of flame erupts in a 20 ft circle around the undead he has targeted.

The inside of the wall sends heat waves toward the undead trapped inside. It deals the following damage.

[roll0] - to creatures within 10ft (which pretty much means all of the undead trapped in it since it's only a 20ft circle, being in the very middle would just put them 10ft from anywall).

[roll1] - to any creature trying to pass through the wall of fire. If the creature is undead, double this damage. (So basically x2 this damage).

Wall of Fire (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wallofFire.htm)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-13, 06:41 PM
The mass of zombies within the wall of fire all wail in the shadows of pain as their bodies are blackened and burnt, although not completely.

Then a group of quickly moving skeletons push their way through the slower moving zombies and begin to rush into the group. They appear to be mixed, skeletons that are dry, as if dug from the grave and others that appear bloody and covered in gore, as if freshly animated.
Two of the skeletons rush toward Bruin and begin swinging their claws, two move more quickly and past Bruin toward the rest of the group. One swings a rusty scimitar at Talafin and the other swings it's claw at Callais.
Both skeletons attacking Bruin swing and either hit not but his armor, or swing to hit nothing more than the air in front of them. Each skeleton attacking both Talafin and Callais respectively also both miss, hollow battle-cries issue from their empty bones.
And only an instant later the horned skeleton of great size turns quickly on one of it's bony hooves and swings the large, tarnished greataxe it holds at it's former master.
The undead master and his undead mount are both almost thrown off their balance and sent to the ground as he deflects the creature's blow with an invisible disk of force. Needless to say... the undead master does not look pleased.

purepolarpanzer
2007-11-14, 12:07 AM
Bruin blows by undead, not even noticing their puny blows as they bounced off his robes. He begins to chant a battle hymn as he storms into a sea of perverted death.
When a man is born he takes one step down the path of purity!
Raising his Reaper high, his eyes glow as pwer flows through him. He stands in the center of the largest knot of undead he can find, light manifesting around his mace, holy symbol, and burning through his eye sockets like golden flame.
When a man dies, he takes the final step towards peace and rightiousness!
Bruin stamps the handle of his mace to the ground, praying to his Father, as well as the spirits of all those who died good death and were taken to everlasting paradise.
When a man takes that death from another man, he sets the entire universe askew!
The mace was raised again, this time almost throbbing with golden energies.
I am here to set everything right. Peace, my brothers.
With that, he smashes the ground, a wave of pue energy raging from it like a tsunami. Undead flesh peels back and bones dissapear in this explosion of faith.
Destroy Undead- [roll0] damage to all nonresistant dead within 30 ft. Other undead roll 1d4 per point of resistance.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-14, 03:12 AM
Bruin, proving to be the beacon of holy power spreads the golden light from his body and his holy symbol. The zombies and skeletons clinging to his armor robes as if to tear him down are struck by it and burn as if caught in the blast of a fireball. Their bodies burn and char and fall back in silence. In the wake of it the only beings that still stand are two massive ape zombies and the minotaur skeleton, as well as the very irritated undead master standing atop his slain horse.

And then suddenly, the two burnt zombie apes bare their yellow fangs and lumber toward Bruin, a look in their dead eyes with slightly more blood lust than one without a mind should...
"URAAGH!!"

Grenadier
2007-11-16, 02:43 AM
Callais raises an eyebrow while watching Bruin from the corner of his eye, somewhat surprised by the wanton destruction wrecked by the half-orc. He sees the undead approaching Aeomon's disciple and it only takes a fraction of a moment for a plan to formulate in his mind.

"What lovely dance partners you have there, Bruin. Mind if I cut in?" he calls, turning is attention the undead dire ape furthest from the Cleric. He focuses on a single point at the feet of the abomination, and stretches that point in his minds eye to a wide circle around the beast, preparing the space to receive his will with magically-infused words and swift gestures. In a stroke of twisted humor, Callais' endows the cluster of twelve ghostly figures that appear, surrounding the dire apes, with the likeness of Bruin. As one, they bring down their maces on the pair of undead.

Casting Legion of Sentinels
Attack (in groups of 3): [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]
[b]Damage (""): [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-16, 03:18 AM
As Callais creates the shadowy clones of Bruin and they swing their false maces into the rotting flesh of the dire ape zombie, it churns forth utter destruction. The maces slide across the hairy, grey flesh leaving gashes as through they were swords, each warrior hitting with full force to the underside of the beast.
It grunts loudly and uncaringly as it's shredded limb from limb, rotten blood and gore falls out of it as though from a popped balloon and soaks the ground in a 20 foot radius. The slaughtered mass then falls to the ground with a satisfying, wet thump.


--

The wizards magical whisper that still permeates the area in which the group stands sounds, "Well... you and the half orc are surely impressive combatants..." Then from the tower burning rays shoots down at the other zombified dire ape. It collides with the body of it, burning its flesh further but it still stands.


--

Zenra, despite his greater force of will, remains frozen in place.


--

The undead lord concentrates as he moves his free hand and speaks the words of a spell, but disallows the skeletal minotaur formerly under his control to strike at him.
When he completes it an onrush of grey mist spreads from him, concealing himself, the minotaur and the roads to the north and the west. Then, the sounds of footsteps can be heard running.Need those listen checks to determine in which direction he ran.
Edit: Also, all the zombies that go between now and Bruin's turn are dead, so players go in their turn and then it's big monkey's turn.

purepolarpanzer
2007-11-16, 07:31 AM
[roll0] Listen Check.
I'll handle the ape! You stop the necromancer! Kill the mount!
Bruin turns to the ape, whose flesh still burns with arcane fire. He silently swings his reaper, his soul crying out for this beast reduced to a slave.
Be free, noble animal. Rest on the other side.
Disregard the second roll if it is out of full attack range. 28 and 14 to hit with two attacks. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1376809) and a total of 73 damage, or 40 if only one attack hits. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1376817)

Grenadier
2007-11-16, 07:54 PM
Listen check: [roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-16, 07:59 PM
When Bruin's reaper strikes the great ape both times the divine energy that suffuses it sparks white with the utter power the mace holds against such a foe. It rips apart as the rotting blood flows out, but white smoke rises from the dark red goo that congeals on the ground and the ape falls flat with another satisfying thud.
Callais can focus on the distinct location of the footsteps of the necromancer, the sound going west.

Green Leviathan
2007-11-17, 07:10 AM
Listen Check [roll0]

Seeing the cloud billow forth, Grumkik curses under his breath at its cowardise. Closing his eyes for a quick moment he trys to determine a likely area where the undead is. Opening his eyes, Grumkik frownes and once again depends on his magic to be an extention of his will.

if listen check suceeds i cast fireball (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireball.htm) (DC19)if i can safley assume no one else will be caught in the blast, elsewise i will dispel (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dispelMagic.htm) [roll1]the fog.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-17, 04:41 PM
Very failed listen check.
You undo the effects of the arcane fog, leaving the air clear again and you see the withered mage heading west, determination rather than fear is imprinted on his face.

theterran
2007-11-20, 03:51 PM
Talafin

Cursing at the bad luck that the necromancer got a head start. Talafin runs after him as fast as his short legs will carry him.

If he can get within fireball range of him. He'll try to blow him apart. Otherwise he continues on foot after the Necromancer.

The only good undead is a dead one...

There will be no mercy for YOU!

If in fireball range.
[roll0] DC 17 Reflex halves

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-20, 08:46 PM
The undead creature takes the full force of the burning blast of fire but continues running, his robes and flesh singed. The surrounding buildings also catch fire and part of them collapse, the sounds of screams are heard within and the mage calls out. "Shenta! I require assistance!!"

purepolarpanzer
2007-11-25, 11:16 AM
Bruin turns to the now revealed undead. Pointing his Reaper at him, he began chanting a curse of Aeomon.
Before the tides of time wash me away, I will send you to the end that you try to stave off!
With that, a burst of light flies, exploding into brilliant colors when it reaches the mage.
Casting holy smite. [roll0] damage and blinded, unless it makes a DC 17 will save for half daage and no blindness

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-25, 06:11 PM
The undead lord seems to struggle against the effects of such a force of good but through a greater force of will shrugs off most of it and his pale eyes seem still focused on the path before him. The effects of the spell still however seem to make his skin smoke a bit, the same white smoke from the dire ape's rotting blood.

Grenadier
2007-11-27, 11:32 PM
Callais sighs in exasperation when he hears screams come forth from the burning buildings. "I thought it was our intention to defend the village, not to incinerate it," he mutters before dismounting from his steed. Around him, the world seems to slow down as he follows the cries into the ruined structure.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-28, 03:56 AM
The soft, magical whisper of a voice from the old man in the tower speaks again. "You mustn't let the people of my town die! I see survivors in the building the small one just incinerated!"
He says these words and then several bright blue missiles of magical force fire from the tower and collide with the undead lord.


--

Zenra continues locked in place, the effects of the spell still holding him.


--

The undead lord continues to run, cold determination on his face. Another voice, a deep one shouts back from the western side of town.
Everyone make Listen checks to make it out.

Green Leviathan
2007-12-01, 04:41 AM
Grumkik

Ignoring the crys from the buildings and focusing his intent on the the fleeing undead once again he raises his hands and points at the runing figure, this time though he will slow him down by aiming at his horse. Scorching Ray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/scorchingRay.htm)
Ranged Touch attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
dmg
[roll2]
[roll3]
sorry for the time between posts, i thought it was someone elses turn.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-01, 08:14 AM
His horse was killed long ago, he's on foot. I'll just assume you're shooting at him then.
Also, I still need everyone to make Listen checks.
One of the burning jets of fire flies through the air and collides with the fleeing corpse, the other missing him by mere inches. The ray that did hit seem to burn him even deeper and he cringes as the dull pain courses through him, but to your dismay he continues running.
Your turn Talafin.

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-01, 11:37 AM
As the power of his god flows out of Bruin's eyes, a scream pierces his concentration. He turns to the burning building, and his hear wrenches as he realizes he ignored the innocent in favor of attacking the undead mastermind.
Father, what have I done?
These words weakly escape his lips, the wind knocked out of him by the pain and danger he allowed those people to be in.
Please, Lord, though I have strayed, let it not be too late for those inside.
Listen [roll0] just thouhgt i'd post wile I had some time.

Green Leviathan
2007-12-01, 02:41 PM
Listen check: [roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-01, 07:04 PM
Assuming those who hear it will repeat it to the group...
The deep, harsh voice with a thick Shelloen accent calls back responding to the undead mage.
"Return here quickly, Sespos! The ritual must be complete!"

theterran
2007-12-03, 08:06 AM
Talafin

Irritated that the blast from his fireball didn't finish off the undead mage, Talafin ignores the cries of those trapped inside the burning buildings, keeping his focus on destroying the undead.

As fast as his small legs can carry him, Talafin chases after the mage.

Surveying the area around the undead mage.

[roll0]

If there appears to not be anyone withing twenty feet of the mage, Talafin casts a spell that causes black, rubbery looking tentacles to spring forth from the ground around the mage that try to grab him and hold him tight.

Casting Evardís Black Tentacles (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/blackTentacles.htm)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-03, 03:07 PM
Have the tentacles make a grapple check. It's 8+your caster level, so +16.

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-06, 07:15 AM
I'll post my action. Want to keep this game healthy.
Bruing turns away from the undead lord, rushing toward the nearest burning building with people in it. He frantically searches for a door, trying to find his way inside to help the screaming surviviors.
I might have more action left, but I need to know what it is like inside the buidlings, or if I can even get inside easily

theterran
2007-12-06, 09:46 AM
Grapple Check - [roll0]
(edit)Wow...that was crappy.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-06, 09:10 PM
Wwwow...
The black tentacles try their best to latch onto the arms and legs of the undead mage but he impales one of the tentacles with the pointed bottom of his skull-headed staff and an unnatural shriek issues forth from the mass of tendrils.
And likely to your dismay... the mage escapes it and continues running.


--
As Bruin looks around the building he finds a door that appears partially open, the orange glow of fire and the wretched smell of smoke come from inside.
You you only took a move action, feel free to finish the full round.

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-08, 05:46 PM
Bruin opens the door, thrusting his shoulder into it if he must. Once inside he shouts out to any survivors.
Where are you!?! I've come to help!
He moves further into the house, sarching for any obvious signs of people in the flames and rubble. Coughing, he shoulders his reaper.
Not much combat in here. Plenty of healing, though. Lord, please guide my hand as I try to save these innocents. Forgive my absent mindedness, and do not allow them to suffer for it!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-08, 08:13 PM
When you walk in the first thing you see is a bit of the collapsed ceiling, it appears to have collapsed directly on top of a young woman, she must only have been 15 or 16. The massive piece of wood crushed everything below her rib cage and she lays in a pool of blood... dead.
The sounds of screaming still issue forth past the rubble and broken wood. There are survivors.

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-11, 07:14 AM
(someone elses turn...)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-11, 11:41 PM
(someone elses turn...)

(Just waiting on Callais.)

Grenadier
2007-12-12, 07:03 AM
(Just waiting on Callais.)

I just made a post about this on the OOC board, but I'm not sure how often people check that, so to summarize: I'm dropping out and, thus, will no longer be playing Callais. I'm sorry for the delays I've caused, and I hope the campaign has a long, treasure-filled life. :smallbiggrin: With the occasional undead, of course.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-12, 01:31 PM
I just made a post about this on the OOC board, but I'm not sure how often people check that, so to summarize: I'm dropping out and, thus, will no longer be playing Callais. I'm sorry for the delays I've caused, and I hope the campaign has a long, treasure-filled life. :smallbiggrin: With the occasional undead, of course.:eek: W-what?!
NOOO!!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-18, 03:21 AM
Alright, I've lost count, anyone know whose turn it is?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-20, 03:34 AM
Alright, I forgot it's my turn... a couple times.

Zenra remains stuck in place, the only movement in him is the sweat coming off his brow.

The undead lord continues to run with all of what his rotten legs will allow him to. "SHENTA! I REQUIRE PROTECTION!!" he screams as if whoever this comrade is cannot hear him clearly.

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-21, 12:46 AM
Where are you! I will help you!
Brin coughs through the smoke as he moves towards the earest voices.
Just showing I'm still here

Green Leviathan
2007-12-29, 12:32 PM
Grumkik,

Cursing under his breath that the undead still moves, He moves forward some more to lessen the gap and once again firy bolts stream from his hands

Scorching Ray
ranged touch attacks
[roll0]
[roll1]
dmg
[roll2]
[roll3]


i'm back

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-29, 07:32 PM
One of the burning rays flies over his shoulder harmlessly but one catches him in the small of the back nicely and he cries out more in fear of death than pain. His body is looking noticeably torn asunder and revealing a blackened, hollow inside.
But to your dismay, he still runs...
Thank you for being back.:biggrin:

theterran
2008-01-02, 04:27 PM
Talafin

Seeing one of the rays connect, Talafin hopes it will slow him down enough so he can catch up.

Spend a turn just running after the guy.

PS. Sorry for the wait.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-03, 01:11 AM
Talafin

Seeing one of the rays connect, Talafin hopes it will slow him down enough so he can catch up.

Spend a turn just running after the guy.

PS. Sorry for the wait.

No problem, just glad you're back.:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Now just waiting on Bruin.

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-03, 10:10 PM
Talked to Krimm on AIM about the details of this

Bruin shifts some rubble, straining even with the divine might of Aeomon flowing through him. He shifts a collapsed timber to find the small body of a girl under it, her eyes dull in death. Just as he is about to issue a cry of mourning, a small cough brings his attention to a cabinet that has fallen against the wall, smashed foreword by the timber. He ducks inside the small hollow to find small boy, a shaken woman, and an old man who lay unconcious on the floor.

The two of you follow me! I'll lead you out! And ma'm, please try to get the body of the small girl! She deserves better than a cremation!

Hefting the old man as gently as possible to his braod shoulder,he begins making his way out, making sure that the others are close behind.

The Demented One
2008-01-03, 10:23 PM
With a surge of will, Zenra overcomes the Cernin mage's spell. Enraged, he shouts "You Cernin bastard! Come and face me, fiend!" He begins running towards the fleeing undead commander, unsheathing his sword as he does. "Your Shenta can't protect you know, you see? I am the Raven Knight, and I shall claim your rotting head!" He looks back to the rest of his allies, and says "This one is mine, you go and aid Bruin!"


Taking two move actions to follow the commander.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-03, 10:55 PM
The undead commander looks back at you with blank, white eyes. If one did not know him better one might think he showed signs of fear... The mage stops himself in his tracks and allows himself to concentrate, speaking the words of a spell and completing hand gestures. He then finishes speaking and moving his hands and lifts strait off the ground, rising into the air at an angle, still moving toward his compatriot.
"Fool! You mortals are tied down by your need for air, for food and water, for the vices which you face every day! The ritual will be complete and we will be one step closer to taking this world in the name of the walking dead! In the name of Cernin and Arcnus Mortis!" and as he flies he cackles with insane glee.

Grumkik's turn.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-04, 10:46 PM
The old man is fairly light weight, especially for someone of Bruin's strength. The woman and child seem apprehensive about following you, noticing his weapon and his race... but decide it's either a sure death in the house or only a 50/50 chance with the half-orc... and follow Bruin out through the burning debris.
There's a loud cracking noise in the rafters and burning embers begin to sprinkle down harmlessly.
Make a Ref save, Bruin.

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-06, 10:34 PM
[roll0] sorry about the tardiness.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-06, 10:53 PM
Bruin manages to look up and react just in time to avoid the burning ceiling that comes crashing down on the three conscious people. The woman and the child both manage to leap out of the way, but as the woman pushes her child to safety she takes some of the backlash of the collapse as a smaller rafter hits against her shoulder with a snapping noise, likely her arm or shoulder breaking and she screams in pain.

Green Leviathan
2008-01-08, 09:40 AM
Grumkik

yet again moving forward to try and keep the gap from closing too much he sees his ally sprint forward with no reguards to anything but catching up. thinking to himself he sees two options damage or control. Making a split second desision and trusting in his new found ally he chooses the spell that will allow him the chance to catch up. Once again Grumkik mutters arcane words, this time with a different inflection and movement.

Dispel Magic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dispelMagic.htm)
/cross fingers
[roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-08, 08:37 PM
It lets out a curse that could curdle milk as his forward momentum stops and his downward descent begins, and he floats gently down between a pair of buildings.

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-09, 07:24 AM
Rushing over to the fallen woman, Bruin lays a hand on her body.
Stand, woman. This is not your time to die.
Casting Cure Serious [roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-09, 08:19 PM
Her bones seem to snap back into place when your healing touch washes over her and she seems stunned that such pain and bleeding was overcome with a mere touch. There's a look in her face that tells you she might be a little more trusting of half-orcs now.

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-09, 10:23 PM
Please hurry. Pick up the girl and let's move out of this inferno!
Bruin again turns to move on, making sure that the others are close in tow.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-09, 11:02 PM
The woman kneels down quick and tries pulling the body of the girl from the heavy rafter. "I can't! She's stuck!" she says with an inflection of hysterical sorrow in her voice.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-12, 01:16 AM
Hey, things are kinda slowing down, so would it be alright if everyone kept an eye on this thread and posted a little quicker? I don't want to seem like I'm being pushy. I just don't want my setting's first campaign to die...

Green Leviathan
2008-01-12, 03:32 PM
just poking my head in, i belive it isn't my turn so. /wave

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-12, 06:17 PM
Then we must go! I will come back for her after we have saved those who may yet live!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-12, 07:22 PM
The woman nods with tears in her eyes and follows Bruin out.

theterran
2008-01-14, 10:53 AM
Seeing the undead mage fall, Talafin rushes forward.

A quick survey of the land will tell him if there is anyone between himself and the undead mage.

[roll0]

Talafin then unleases a lightning bolt at the undead mage.

"You won't get away from me this time!"

Lightning Bolt - 120ft Line.
[roll1]

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-14, 06:23 PM
Letting the onld man slide gently off his shoulders, Bruin immediately turns and sprint back into the building like a runner off a block. He immediately begins searching for the body of the little girl, trying to find it before the fire consumes it.
If it is still there and undamage, assume he takes it out. If difficulties arise, let me know :) .

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-15, 10:30 PM
Talafin: You can't manage to get within a line of sight of him just yet, so that lightning bolt might have to wait until next round.

Bruin: Make a Str check.

The Demented One
2008-01-15, 10:44 PM
"You hear those footsteps, fiend?" Zenra calls out mockingly, as he breaks into a run after the undead mage. Without giving up any speed, he turns the corner around a building in a twisting charge. "Now taste my sword!" he cries, as he lunges out with his greatsword.


Making a charge, using the twisting charge skill trick to turn around a corner.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Zenra's AC drops to 18 until the start of his next turn.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-15, 10:49 PM
Zenra finds the undead mage pulling himself up to his feet with his dark skull staff. He looks up quickly as he hears Zenra's words and his eyes widen and jaw drops slightly as the White Raven sword slices right up through the mage's neck, completely severing his head, the force also breaking many joints and bones in his body...and he falls to the ground in a heap, the staff clattering on the ground.
Everyone gets 1,075 XP

--
When Talafin runs around the buildings he stops just in time to see the undead mage being decapitated by Zenra's blade.

Green Leviathan
2008-01-19, 04:26 PM
Grumkik

After watching two companions race toward the undead mage he stops and recalculates priorities. His friends should be strong enough to deal with the mage now that they were in range so they didn't need him. Now he could turn to less important matters, like rescueing any caught in the blaze.

Running back toward where he last saw the other half-orc run into the burning building he assess the situation.

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-20, 06:06 PM
[roll0] strenght check.

The Demented One
2008-01-20, 10:53 PM
"One down." Zenra thinks. He kneels down to examine the fallen undead for anything that might be of use, while calling out for his allies. "Oy, Bruin! Do you need my assistance?"

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-21, 04:52 PM
As he hears Zenra's shout to him, Bruin firmly grasps the large wooden rafter and pulls it off the body of the girl. It looks like her entire body below the breast has been crushed and broken by the falling debris. From your knowledge of the body and healing, you know immediately that if you pull her up she will not break apart.

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-22, 10:37 PM
Bruin scoops up the small girl with one hand, then quickly jumps back, letting the rafter slide back to the ground. Turning, he runs straigh out of the building.
No, Zenra. I have rescued all within- mind, body and spirit."
Taking the small girl outside, he gently lays her to the side, behind some rubble, so that he can prepare the body for passage without mournful eyes seeing only her damaged exterior and not the transition she has made to a purer form.
I will be back, little one...
Is everything setted here, or am I required to destroy more perversions?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-23, 04:57 AM
Listening to the sounds in the distance, it is obvious beyond the sounds of the fire that there are the sounds of mindless shambling, the unique mindless shambling of animate corpses... Somewhat nearby you hear the clopping sound of a horses hooves to dirt and cobble.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-26, 06:25 AM
You guys just standin' there, then?

Green Leviathan
2008-01-29, 11:59 PM
Casts Global Undeath to Death DC 10000.

Woot, i single handedly beat the entire campaign. But seriously i wait to see what happens next.

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-30, 06:00 PM
Quick! We must protect them!
He raises his mighty Scythe and turns to the innocents he has saved.
We will have to protect you all, as nowhere is safe while these beasts roam. Please stay behind us.
With that,he turns and readies for whatever shuffling monstrosity they have thrown at him now to aproach.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-30, 11:35 PM
It becomes apparent to anyone looking in the direction that the undead mage was heading towards that there is another shambling mass of undead, what used to be the residents of the village.

The Demented One
2008-01-31, 11:23 PM
"Like sheep to the slaughter." Zenra says, as he heads towards the shambling mass of the undead, ready to fight off the latest threat. He charges into the bulk of the shambling undead, attacking the first one to come in reach.

Actions

Full Round Action: Chaaarge!

Attack Roll:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Zenra's AC drops to 18 until the beginning of his next turn.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-02, 12:37 AM
As Zenra rushes into the mass of walking corpses the scene becomes a little more visible to him. There are far more zombies here than the last grouping, most of which appear to be the animated corpses and skeletons of hapless commoners, but there are a few gnolls and wolves scattered throughout the crowd of death.
In the back appears to be a tall figure on the back of an animate horse skeleton in black armor with a massive sword on his back, but the rest of the details in his appearance are undetectable from this distance.
When Zenra rushes at the first undead creature and swings his blade he catches it as though it didn't even realize anything was there and he slashes it in half, torso separated from waist in the blink of an eye. The rest of the mass, including the mounted lord notice you...

The creature on horseback grins, showing rotten, razored teeth and rushes Zenra. He kicks the skeleton horses sides and it runs forward through the crowd as he unsheathes his sword. When he comes closer his appearance becomes clearer.
On the back of a skeletal horse is a burly black-armored brute of vicious visage. He wears the blackened armor of the Cernin elite and a dull silvery badge around his neck indicating loyalty to his nation. His skin is pale brown, looks to be tight, hairless, and showing signs of decay. The tightness of his skin reveals his vicious, yellow-brown, rotting and razor-sharp teeth. Two protruding tusks indicate that this fellow was once a half-orc. His fingers are exposed through gauntlets and appear hardened and sharp, with many bloodstains on his black nails. He has eyes akin to burning coals that show a feral nature, and wields a blackened, razored great-sword in his right hand.
He jumps off the back of the horse with uncanny speed and taking his sword in both hands, he swings at Zenra. His blade catches Zenra in the side and goes up, leaving a horrible bloody wound.((23 slashing damage))
"This is your punishment for leaving, heart-beater!"

Okay, I rolled your initiative for you.
Zenra
Undead leader on skeletal horseback
Talafin
Grumkik
Skeleton group 1
Zombie group 1
Skeleton group 2
Skeleton Gnolls
Bruin
Zombie group 2
Zombie wolves
Skeleton group 3
Zombie Gnolls
Zombie group 3

Green Leviathan
2008-02-05, 06:32 AM
Grumkik

Scanning the field of battle he places little strength overall in the zombie horde, its ranks dotting with stronger monsters. The Undead wretch in black armor seeming to be the strongest of them. That sword of his could prove deadly to his allies, and to himself if he should ever get the chance to get that close. Smirking, he casts a spell that was always a favorite of his as a young mage, one that got him in trouble but now would hopefully cause trouble for the Swordweilding abomination.


Casting Grease (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/grease.htm) at the sword he is carring Reflex DC = 15 (wished it was higher oh well, hope it works) and i posted ahead of the other guy cuz i didn't know when he would post next.

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-10, 11:21 PM
(kick kick )

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-10, 11:49 PM
OOC: We need you, Talafin.:smallconfused:
Edit: Just to keep this moving, I'm gonna NPC him for the round.
--
Talafin pumps his tiny little legs closer to the fight, and gazes at the new mass of walking dead and their hulking, armored leader. His stare is full of contempt for the creatures that took his family from him... He clearly speaks the words of a spell and makes simply gestures with his hands as a ball of fire manifests in it and he throws it at the undead half-orc.
The orb flies past Zenra and into the creatures massive frame, burning flesh and armor alike. He roars in dull pain.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-11, 09:03 PM
Edit: Forgot to put what Grumkik did...
--
Instantly after Talafin hurls the ball of fire at the black knight, Grumkik coats the entire sword in the same figure's hand. The undead half-orc however, grips tighter onto the hilt of his sword just in time and bares his teeth in anger at the useless trick attempted on him.

The horde of walking dead all turn their head toward their armored master, a good deal of skeletal, and some more fleshy minions rush at the oncoming surge of adventurers(albeit small, but still a good target). Most of them begin to gather and claw at Zenra mere moments after he took a blow from the sword of the massive figure in black.
Of all the claws and rusted scimitars that clatter against his armor, one claw and one blade strike true, the blade digging into the wound left there moments before.
Most of the zombies 'rushing' Zenra make it to him, but can do little more than surround the changeling, unable to make it through the wall of animated bone.
Several of the humanoid skeletons with their clawed hands and scimitars begin to rush in the direction of Talafin the gnome, but don't yet reach him. They are followed closely by the gnoll skeletons, all wielding clubs or axes.
The massive figure in black armor roars in predetermined triumph as his hoard progresses into the new opponents...
Zenra takes 13 total slashing damage from the claw and scimitar.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-02-11, 10:38 PM
OOC: Hi everyone! new player here

From the side, out of a broken door to an abandoned house, a lone humanoid, almost 4 feet tall leaps out, climbing up on top of a small pile of rubble, holding his rapier against the ground like a scepter, speaking with a loud and charismatic voice "Greetings fellow living fighters, could you all use some assistance?" he asks, holding his rapier up and brandishing it at the undead.

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-11, 11:19 PM
To me, fighters! We will hold them together!
Bruin brandishes the Reaper, it's glowing head a beacon to his allies above the fry as he rushes towards Zenra. Getting as close as he can before the undead block his path, he let's out a mighty prayer of zeaolous anger.
Fall before me, as I am the Living Breath! Fall before me, as I bring the End of Death! Fall before me, and taste Eternal Rest!
Another shock wave of pure life flows from the cleric, ripping through the undead like a mighty wind.
[roll0] to all unresistant undead within 30 ft. -1d4 per point of resitance. Die again, you scum.
Do you need healing, Brother? Or can you fight on?
Bruin presses foreword to Zenra, his eyes oblvioious to the damage he has amassed in light of his allie's wounds.

The Demented One
2008-02-11, 11:26 PM
"I'll fight on 'till I die, my friend Bruin." Zenra says. "If you can heal my wounds, 'twould be sublime. I rather suspect my blood's running." out the changeling says, faintly.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-11, 11:31 PM
You magnificent bastard.
Bruin runs past the shambling horde which approaches Talafin toward the companion of his in a bit more peril and unleashes the holy energy. The wash of gold-tinted white power surges in a wave, each of the skeletons surrounding Zenra is burned in white fire and crumbles to charred bones, all of the zombies survive it, but seem as though even a light breeze could do away with them. Several of the mob which has yet to react completely to the situation are likewise destroyed or damaged but possibly to Bruin's dismay... the undead half orc doesn't appear to have been damage by his holy energy at all.
He scowls and under his breath he speaks, but his unholy deep and booming voice is still audible even as a whisper, "The White Reaper be damned... Your end is nigh, priest..."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-12, 09:12 PM
The rest of the horde begins to react, the walking corpses of humans alongside the animate bodies of wolves and gnolls and the more agile and quick skeletons. Several horribly burnt and not so horribly burnt zombies begin to crowd around Bruin and try to rip him apart. Only one manages to get in through the thick of the walking dead and the heavy armor concealed under illusion, his rotting fist striking Bruin hard in the side.((7 bludgeoning damage))
The wolven zombies and another congealed mass of zombies attempt to surround both Zenra and Bruin but fail to get through the mass that already surrounds them in one layer.
The humanoid skeletons and the gnolls both take a previous order and move past the overfull group of undead trying to tear Zenra and Bruin apart and follow behind the first group of skeletons toward Talafin.
The sounds of horrible moaning and lifeless barking echoes throughout the village in a chilling way.

The Demented One
2008-02-12, 10:11 PM
"It seems the tables have turned!" Zenra boasts, trying to muster up bravado despite his gaping wounds. "I've put better than you back in the grave, and do not think that these little cuts will stop me from doing the same to you, Shenta! I remember seeing you fight under my father, and you always were a moldering heap of " Zenra lashes out with his sword at lightning speed, making a rapid blow to the undead commander's right side, before whipping his sword around, attacking the orc's now undefended left.


Swift: Feint against Shenta, using dance of phantom blades stance.
Standard: Initiate the Lightning Slash maneuver, attacking Shenta.
Move: Use the following up option of the clarion commander feat.

Feint Check
[roll0]

Attack Roll
[roll1]

Damage Roll
[roll2]

Damage Next Round
[roll3]

Diplomacy Check for Following Up (DC 20, if I hit him this round, and then again next round, he provokes an AoO from one ally)
[roll4]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-12, 10:25 PM
Shenta the Mighty is indeed caught off-guard, and Zenra's blow is swift and deft... but Shenta's thick armor and tough skin deflect the blow of his sword with relative ease. Shenta doesn't appear too pleased with this attempt at trickery, so he catches himself regaining his balance and gripping his own sword in both hands again he holds it high and at an angle. "Crucifer was a FOOL!! To be so easily defeated by a heart-beater! I am the greatest general on this field! And soon you shall return to the ranks of Cernin! Not as a lieutenant, but as the mindless horde you see before you!!" With that final word he swings his sword down hard into your shoulder and across your chest, leaving a macabre, bleeding X across his torso and this strike seems to be defining one. As the sword finishes dragging across Zenra's chest a massive amount of blood falls out of his wound and Zenra's vision goes black... he is now unconscious.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-13, 10:08 AM
OOC: Alright, well, theterran has decided to remove himself from the party. I'm going to be NPCing him and bring him an inevitable death at the hands of a mass of skeletons and zombies. Not sure if I'll find a replacement or leave it open for the future, but I'll cross that bridge when I really get to it.
--
The small gnome, looking past the hoard coming right at him and aiming for the mass currently trying to absorb Bruin and the newly felled Zenra, a small bead of fire gleams on his fingertip. "My apologies for this Bruin! But I'm going to save your life!" He fires the bead in such a way so it explodes at a certain point to avoid hitting Zenra but still hitting all the undead around Bruin, though unfortunately, Bruin himself takes the brunt of the fireball.
Fireball damage: [roll0] DC 17 Ref save for halfIn that instant of flame and intense heat the undead around Bruin burn away with almost as much effectiveness as the priest's own holy energy. This blast of fire burns away the remaining zombies and skeletons, even the ones previously unharmed, though many still mass over Zenra's fallen body.

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-13, 09:22 PM
Reflex Save-

Bruin reels in the flames that surround him, heat filling his lungs and searing every nerve of his body.
AAAARRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!!
He falls to his knees, his eyes bulging in pain. Sweat covers his body- once super heated in an instant, he now steams slightly and shivers as the temperature drops back to normal.
Pain...is...irrelevant.
He stands, his magically enhanced muscles still straining under the long battle.
Only...one...thing...matters...
He hauls his Reaper, still glowing slightly, to his shoulder.
Maintaining life... and banishing the DARKNESS.
He looks to the half-orc with a smile. Not strained in pain, not sarcastic, not a smirk in anger. A simple, joyous smile.
A general? To be a general, you need an army. And what I see here isn't an army. It's a dissobediant graveyeard, with half its ranks in the dust. And I am not simply a priest, you poor, dissilusioned soul. The smile widens. Summoning strength from reserves he never knew he had, Bruin leaps foreword at the black scoundral, a smile on his face as wide as his broad head would allow, as he happily shouted.
I AM MY FATHER'S SON!
Charge Attack, with a Grin. Out of turn, I know, but I'm pumped for this, and so is Bruin. To hit- -4 power attack [roll]1d20+13 To hurt- 4d6+11

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-13, 09:44 PM
How anti-climactic. Forgot can't edit and add rolls. Anywho... To hit- -4 power attack [roll0] To hurt- [roll1]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-13, 09:55 PM
As Bruin pulls himself up and swings his mighty reaper at the undead abomination, he catches the ghoulish half-orc off-guard, unable to parry or dodge it. The massive metal mace-head swings across the chest and jaw of the general, crackling with white energy and tearing away rotting flesh.
Shenta the Mighty howls in pain and grips his face. He turns quickly again toward Bruin, the burning coal-like eyes of his flare even brighter with unimaginable rage. "You will pay for your words, you and your White Reaper will both fall before the might of Cernin!!" he yells as flesh falls and exposes yellowed jaw-bone.

Green Leviathan
2008-02-16, 06:25 AM
Grumkik

makes a hand motion then points his finger at a spot behind the undead half-orc.
"Burn"



i know its not much but i fire a fireball (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireball.htm) (DC19) and try and catch the undead general at the edge without hitting Bruin
[roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-18, 10:32 PM
Grumkik's burst of magical fire just manages to catch the undead general in the back. He attempts to move out of it's way but seems to be unsure of where he steps... The fireball has an optimal effect on him as he scowls in pain, more of his undead flesh falling from his body and blackening his armor further, but even with this great onslaught, he still stands and looks angry beyond words.

The mass of humanoid and gnoll skeletons rush down the street toward the gnome, letting out vestigial screams of lungs long gone that barely catch the ear. They all begin to surround him and claw at him voraciously. He yells in pain as his skin is ripped and clawed but he still stands under their onslaught.
He yells in a pained way, "Don't bother with me!! Kill the general!"

Regord_Silentflame
2008-02-18, 11:37 PM
"Don't lose heart!, they seem to outnumber us, but that is merely an Illusion" The daring halfling shouts, and ghostly figures reach out from the ground, pulling themselves to their feet throughout the battlefield, brandishing their weapons at the undead "now my allies, assault their flanks until none are left to threaten our life!" He says, and another halfling in a dark cowl leaps out from within a building, assaulting a zombie near the fallen warrior, cutting his way to the general. The first halfling finishes his rant by grabbing a toy soldier from his pouch, crushing it between his hands and scattering the dust to the wind.


The ghostly soldiers provide flanking for everyone fighting near the general.
[roll0] to hit on attack,
[roll1] + [roll2] Damage
All characters flanking gain +2 to attack, in addition to the normal +2, so that's +4

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-20, 12:34 AM
As the halfling rushes the general and stabs his tiny dagger into the torso of him, slipping between the gaps in his armor, he rips away a great chunk of undead flesh where his kidney might used to have been and Shenta howls in pain as decayed, dark-red blood spills out. "Wretched vermin!"

The screaming, moaning hoard of mindless corpses, human, wolf and gnoll all continue to advance on Talafin the gnome, more reach his vicinity and swarm him, clawing and biting and mindlessly groaning and howling.

The last group of zombies still overlooking Zenra's body begin to advance on Bruin, as the beacon of holy energy to be eradicated. As much as they try, only 2 of the rotting corpses manage to hit his flesh behind his armor.
((10 total bludgeoning damage to Bruin))

Regord_Silentflame
2008-02-20, 12:37 AM
for DM

As per request, 3 groups of attacks, the first 2 attacking the same one I did, 1 attacking a different undead, and another attacking the general
[roll0] Damage: [roll1]
[roll2] Damage: [roll3]
[roll4] Damage: [roll5]
[roll6] Damage: [roll7]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-20, 12:48 AM
The shadowy illusions swing their shadowy blades, a vast majority slashing into the mindless mob of corpses, but a few attacking the general, who spills more dark blood as he yells in pain. The majority attacking the mod ends up slicing through their decayed flesh and out the other end, leaving them in bits unable to move. Now the only ones standing there are Bruin, the general and the 12 illusory soldiers.

Shenta quickly turns tail and begins running toward the houses, leaving a trail of decayed blood and dust in his wake, looking over his shoulder at the group with pure hate glowing in his eyes.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-20, 11:57 PM
As Talafin bleeds all over the ground trying to brush off the undead clawing viciously at him he grits his teeth and tries to bear the pain. He winces and then opens his eyes with fury in them. "If I'm going then I'm not going out alone!! You rotters, carrion! took my family, my race! But you won't take ME!"
He focuses all his energy and concentration into moving his hand and speaking clearly the words of a spell. He stops speaking and holds up a finger with a glowing orange bead on the end of it as he opens his eyes he says one last word, "Boom."
From the center of the mass of skeletons and zombies so viciously trying to kill him a blast of fire erupts outward with great velocity and intense heat. The blast leave all the remaining skeletons and zombies destroyed in a circle, all having fallen away from the center... where a charred, dead gnome lies, missing most of his arm and left side...

Green Leviathan
2008-02-21, 05:40 PM
Grumkik

With a half-smile he looks over at the little gnomes corpse. Here was someone who had died an honorable orc death, dieing in battle and costing the enemy dearly. Turning his gaze back toward the fleeing general his half-smile turns into a full snarl, showing his slightly yellowed teeth.

Feel the fire's of Krruz'kukth once again.



Wow, i totally forgot to add my +4 cha cloak into all my previous DC's. Not askin ya to change anything that has already happened but that makes my effective charisma a 22(+6).

Not sure how the houses are posistioned or his distance is from everyone so if i can freely catch him in a fireball (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireball.htm) (DC21)without hitting the houses or my companions the i cast that. If not i will settle for a Scorching Ray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/scorchingRay.htm) (No Save).

if fireball
[roll0]

if Scorching Ray
two ranged touch attacks
[roll1]
[roll2]
and damage
[roll3]
[roll4]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-21, 08:28 PM
Shenta just manages to slip between two homes, so a fireball spell may be detrimental to the surrounding homes. As Grumkik fires off his flaming rays, one slips right between his head and shoulder, just missing him. The other ray, however strikes him hard in the back and burns him as he runs, the sound of metal clanking as he does.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-02-21, 08:49 PM
"Make haste comrades, do not let him flee!" shouts the loud halfling, running through the sliced and burned re-dead piles, sliding his rapier back into his belt.
The cloaked halfling throws his daggers to the ground, sweeping low and grabbing a hand-full of stones in one, while the other pulls a sling from a belt-pouch, and slips a stone into the leather, twisting around with it outstretched, letting the rock fly towards the general, then slipping another rock in, and twirling it over his head and letting it fly as he starts his pursuit as three rocks hurl themselves at the undead menace.


3 attacks at the general, then taking a 5ft step.
[roll0] damage [roll1]
[roll2] damage [roll3]
[roll4] damage [roll5]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-24, 02:01 AM
The halfling grabs the rocks with swiftness and great dexterity, he then loads the stones into his sling and hurls them as quickly and deftly as he can. The rocks, however, fly roughly 15 feet before once again meeting the ground with a light clacking sound.

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-24, 11:42 PM
Raising his Reaper to waist level, Bruin rushes foreword. It grows white hot in his hand, feeding of his hate of what a poor creature had become. He picks up speed, leaping into the air and throwing a mighty blow at the massive foe. While the steel of his weapon may have delivered the blow, it would be his faith and duty that would put this creature down.
Keeping the first to hit roll and the first damage roll, if its ok. +2 to hit from charging. My Apologies. To Hits- Full Attack, with -6 to Power- [roll0] To Hurts- [roll2]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-25, 07:48 PM
Arching his massive mace backwards, Bruin trys to make another smashing blow against the lone General, taking advantage of the distraction of the many magical forms who appear. The Reaper glows white in hot fury as Bruin settles back into a dull roar of zealous anger, flying towards the cursed one like a holy missle.
To Hits- Full Attack, with -6 to Power- [roll0] and [roll1] To Hurts- [roll2] and [roll3]

He took a retreat action, you'll have to run after him before you can hit him. He's just about 60 feet away from you, so with you in full plate running and charging you could attack him once.

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-26, 07:20 AM
Sorry. Editing.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-28, 12:28 AM
The massive mace swings and hits hard, ripping through his black armor and into his rotting back, his undead flesh falling to the ground and spurting more decayed blood. He roars in anger and takes his sword back into both hands, holding it high and swings fast. "Fall into the putrid arms of your white reaper! Your heart will make a delicious meal!"
Unfortunately for him, his swing is too hard and not quite swift enough as Bruin manages to deflect it with his mighty reaper. And once again, Shenta roars, the look on his face obviously that of raw anger and disappointment.

Green Leviathan
2008-03-02, 09:19 AM
Grumkik

"lets see you dodge this one"

[spoiler]
Magic Missle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magicMissile.htm)

[roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-02, 05:00 PM
Grumkik fires forth multiple glowing magical projectiles which swerve and beat directly into the body of the undead general. He seems to contort with physical agony, despite his missing nervous system and roars in horrible anger as his body burns and tears apart. The general collapses in silence...
2,150 XP each.

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-02, 05:53 PM
Bruin nearly drops his mace in exhaustion, the rapid fire battles wearing on his muscles. He immediately falls to his knees, holding up the Reaper and the holy symbol on its top for prayer.
Thank you, Father, for your blessing in this victory.
Quickly whispering the full prayer under his breath, Bruin draws out his wand.
We must heal Zenra! Before he passes on!
With a tap, healing magic flows into the broken body, washing wounds away like sand in the tide.
Healing with 5 Cure Moderates to start, and see where we go from there. [roll0]

Green Leviathan
2008-03-03, 07:00 AM
Grumkik,

Seeing his spell finish the general off he puts his hands down and grunts. The undead are indeed resistant to fall back toward their graves. Seeing Bruin help the wounded Grumkik wanders off over to Talafin's corpse. Eyeing down upon him he reaches up into his sleeve and pulls out a handfull of sand. Slowly he lets it slip between his gaunt fingers onto the gnomes corpse. With that, he walks a ways away toward the re-dead general and trys to inspect him for anything of value, either information or items.


cast detect magic on corpses to see what can be seen

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-03, 08:26 PM
As you gaze down at the still corpse, you wait and concentrate on him. You begin to notice several magic auras on him; His black armor, his twisted black sword, something emanating out from underneath his armor, a thick ring around his finger, the thick leather belt about his waist and several vials in his belt, all filled with dark liquid.

The Demented One
2008-03-03, 09:04 PM
Bruin's magic is more than enough to heal the wounded Zenra. He rises unsteadily to his feet, and surveys the battlefield. "Damn..." is all the changeling has to say. "Bruin, and the rest of you, it looks like I owe you greatly. I've never been a man of honor or vows, but don't think I'd let this debt go unpaid." he says, with a tenuous smile. Zenra heads over to the fallen general, and, with his greatsword, carefully severs his head, before grinding it underfoot. "I've never been familiar with the magic the undead magicians have, but I've heard tell destroying a deadman's head means they can't revive him."

Zenra turns to Grumkik. "Have you already cast any divinations on him? If he's from the Cernin guard, he should have top of the line armaments; I suspect we could use some of those."

Green Leviathan
2008-03-04, 04:19 AM
Grumkik,

Looking over and looking him up and down Grumkik deciding that it would be easier to indulge his inquiries then to berate him for asking wether or not he had diserned anything with divination.

"Hmph. Yes i have. His armor, sword, ring and belt. Along with something under his breastplate which i assume is an amulet of some type. He also has several vials in his belt. Give me a minuet to concentrate on the auras they emminate, for anything from necromacy school should be handled with greater care before use. Not that all magic items shouldn't be treated with care by those untrained in their useage."

Concetrate on individual auras to see what school of magic each is from.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-04, 04:43 AM
Sword - Transmutation
Armor - Abjuration
Under armor - Abjuration
Belt - Transmutation
Ring - Abjuration
Vials - Necromancy

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-04, 01:14 PM
I am glad you are feeling better, Zenra. After a fell blow like that I had feared you would be leaving us.
Bruin slowly lowers his massive bulk to the ground, roots through his pack, and removes his sewing materials.
Bring Talafin to me. He may have been a fool when it came to how to aim his magics, but he fought and died as a comarade, and so deserves a proper sending. And if you innocents can hear me, please come out now It is safe!
Bruin looked over the battlefield.
I will have to preform a ritual to sanctify this place. The dead number too many for me to give all the respect they deserve, but I have to do what I can.

The Demented One
2008-03-04, 11:11 PM
Zenra kneels down, and strips the fallen general of his possessions. "We should keep them all, and identify what we can. Some of the things those Cernins use are dangerous, but all of them would be useful." He heaps the items in a pile at his feet. "Grumkik, can you tell what these are? Potent though they may be, it'd be foolish to use them without understanding them."

Regord_Silentflame
2008-03-05, 02:37 AM
The halflings stop in their tracks, obviously no need to chase a corpse once it falls. As the others go about their buisiness, the one one runs about to pick up their ammunition, while the first to appear also takes it upon himself to confront the heroes
"I am truly sorry brave heroes, I feel as if the death of your comrade is upon my shoulders, if I had only acted sooner, he would still be among the living"

Green Leviathan
2008-03-05, 02:42 AM
Grumkik,

Looking at Zenra

"Do what you want, i think they are all relativly safe though i cannot be certain. i wouldn't trust the vials though, they give off a necrotic arua, plus anything an undead would want to consume i would give second thoughts to myself."
With that Grumkik dismisses himself to find a bench of some sort to let his newfound compainions sort things through.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-05, 11:42 PM
Everyone make a Listen check.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-03-05, 11:50 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

The Demented One
2008-03-06, 11:13 PM
"I'd agree with you - I'd hazard a guess they're potions of healing, at least for an undead. It would be unpleasant if any of us were to drink them.


Listen
[roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-06, 11:52 PM
Alright, that's enough collective successes.
Coming from the general direction of the place in which the last general was killed, a peculiar sound is heard. First a sound like a soft, magical crack is heard, then the sounds of moving feet against the cobbles, and the same magical crack again and silence...

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-09, 10:12 PM
Bruin, deeply involved in his pack, is ignorant to the world.
Tap tap.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-12, 02:44 PM
Come on, post already!

The Demented One
2008-03-13, 09:17 PM
"Somethings seems to slowly be making its way here..." Zenra says, warily. He hefts his sword, and calls out, "Come on out, whatever you are! Deadman or beater, show yourself!"

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-13, 10:40 PM
Bruin immediately hefts his bulk up again, slipping his wand from his pack.
If anyone needs healing, tell me now. We may not have time to fully heal our wounds, but we certainly won't be caught weak.
He swipes the wand across his own body, it's healing magic sealing his many burns.
1 Charge [roll0] Healing

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-18, 04:11 PM
As you wait around in the small intersection of roads, off the the distance there is a noise that sends chills up your spines-the sound of cackling, inhuman and unholy. Likewise, moments later the clouds begin to gather over the north-east portion of town...