PDA

View Full Version : I drew some weapons. Stat em up?

sengmeng
2018-09-02, 01:50 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/s5gxhg.jpg

1. Lance-sword
2. Thrusting flail
3. Clawsword
4. War fist

New name suggestions are welcome.

Stats can be for any rule system. Lore is also welcome.

ShiningStarling
2018-09-03, 12:23 AM
1) A Glaive
2) A Flail
3) A Kukri
4) A Spiked Gauntlet

Don't be afraid to just change the flavor of existing weapons, the PHB tells you as much with the Katana = Bastard Sword clauses in the customization section.

Greywander
2018-09-03, 04:05 AM
Number 3 looks more like a karambit than a kukri.

In order to stat them up, we'd need to know what system you're using. For 5e, I'd just assign them as variants of the following weapons:

1. Longsword
2. Flail
3. Dagger
4. This is the only one that doesn't really exist. I'd have it do 1d4 bludgeoning or piercing damage. I could maybe see letting you use it that hand to cast spells or use items, but not to hold another weapon or a shield.

Lalliman
2018-09-03, 05:02 AM
While these can mostly be treated as existing weapons, I'll try to be a little more imaginative.

1. No clear scale is provided, but I assume it's the size of a long sword. In D&D 5e I would call it a long sword with the added effect that you can use it with Polearm Master when two-handed. The bonus attack in that case is made with the axe thingy. Using it would provide slightly more versatility than an actual polearm, at the cost of reach.

2. Honestly, this seems like a ineffective weapon. The flail has a very small range of movement, and the dangling weight prevents it from being an effective stabbing weapon. I guess I would allow you to make a bonus attack with the flail when you attack with the point (or vice-versa), but put all attack rolls with it at a penalty.

3. My first thought is that this seems likely to break your fingers. Not something you'd want to put to general use. It's probably more concealable than a normal dagger though. For simplicity, let's treat it as a dagger with a concealment bonus.

4. I love spiked gauntlets. In my games I offer them as light weapons (equivalent to a dagger) that can't be disarmed.

Argothair
2018-09-03, 05:10 AM
As noted above, #1 looks much like a Glaive or a Halberd, but you've got the axe very close to the handle, where it would be very difficult to get any leverage. I could imagine the axe being of some use as a defense against charging cavalry; if the knight ducks out of the way of the main spear point, they still might get caught by the axe a split-second later.

So you could say something like "1d8 piercing damage; Reach, Two-Handed; gain advantage when you make an attack of opportunity against a mounted opponent with this weapon."

#4 is clearly part of Shredder's armor, so I would say something like "This cursed magical item gives the wearer +1 to Intimidation checks and +1 damage in unarmed combat, but fills the wearer with an irresistible desire to kill turtles and dine on turtle soup. Whenever you see a turtle, you must pass a WIS saving throw at DC 15 or you enter a Rage that does not end until you dine on turtle soup. While raging, you cannot cast spells or activate Monk abilities that require you to spend qi points. If the turtle appears to be teenaged, ninja, or mutated in any way, you have disadvantage on the saving throw."

Unavenger
2018-09-03, 05:58 AM
NameCostDesignationProficiencyDmg (S)Dmg (M)CriticalRangeWeightType
Demicaestus4 gpLight MeleeMartial1d31d4*2-1 lbPiercing
Hellbent Dagger4 gpOne-handed MeleeSimple1d31d4*2-2 lbPiercing
Honour Lance35 gp*Exotic***-10 lb*
Honour Lance (Axe)*Two-handed MeleeExotic1d81d10*3-*Slashing
Honour Lance (Glaive)*Two-handed MeleeMartial1d81d10*2-*Slashing
Honour Lance (Mace)*One-handed MeleeExotic1d61d8*2-*Bludgeoning
Honour Lance (Spike)*One-handed MeleeExotic1d41d6*3-*Slashing
Morningspike8 gpOne-handed MeleeMartial1d41d6*2-6 lbPiercing/Bludgeoning and Piercing

Demicaestus: A demicaestus is designed to allow you to make spiked punches while still wielding ordinary weapons. With a demicaestus and a weapon held in two hands, you can engage in two-weapon fighting but you don't add any of your strength modifier at all to the demicaestus' damage. With a demicaestus and a weapon held in one hand, you can engage in two-weapon fighting (and apply half your strength modifier to the demicaestus' damage) while still holding another object in the hand with the demicaestus. You can even fight with two demicaesti without taking up either hand. Most impressively, you can fight with a weapon and a demicaestus in the same hand, though you don't apply any of your strength modifier to the demicaestus' damage. However, you can't use a shield properly while also using a demicaestus in the same hand.

You can't be disarmed of your demicaestus while you are conscious and don't drop it when you are stunned. However, it takes two full-round actions to equip a demicaestus.

Demicaesti are favoured backup weapons for many archers because they don't interfere with bow attacks.
Hellbent Dagger: This punching dagger is designed to be impossible to disarm: you can't be disarmed of your hellbent dagger while you are conscious and don't drop it when stunned. You get a +8 bonus to conceal a hellbent dagger on your person.
Honour Lance: This complicated weapon is used in graceful but bloody judicial duels. It requires an expert to wield the honour lance without hurting yourself: anyone who is nonproficient in the honour lance can wield the glaive variant as a martial weapon. If they're not proficient in martial weapons or try to use the weapon otherwise, they risk hurting themselves; a natural 1 on any attack roll by a nonproficient wielder causes them to hit themselves with the glaive end if using any of the other ends, or the axe end if using the glaive end.

In the hands of a proficient wielder, however, the honour lance has an exceptional ability to strike at their enemy repeatedly. During a full attack action, when the wielder hits with one of the ends of the weapon, they can immediately discontinue their full attack (forfeiting remaining attacks) in order to perform a special attack which involves switching which variant of the weapon they're using and making additional attacks at the same base attack bonus until they either miss, or strike with all four variants. For example, a creature with a base attack bonus of 12 can make 3 attacks. The attacker strikes with the glaive and hits, but decides to continue their full attack. They hit with the second attack, and aren't confident that they'll hit with the third (at effective base attack bonus +2). They can then attack with the mace, axe and spike at effective attack bonus +7 in any order, but if they miss the attack ends.

Axe: You can trip an enemy with the axe end of the honour lance. If you begin the special attack from the axe, you get a free trip attempt before resolving the rest of the special attack.
Glaive: The glaive end of the honour lance has reach. If you begin the special attack from the glaive, you can immediately take an additional 5 foot step (in addition to any 5 foot step you're normally entitled to) in any direction. If you begin the special attack from something else, you can use the glaive as though it had inclusive reach, like a spiked chain. You can also wield the glaive end as though it were a lance, (just like a lance with a lower damage die) but in this case you don't get any of the honour lance's benefits.
Mace and Spike: The mace and spike end are one-handed (though you can wield them two-handed like any other one-handed weapon) so you can make a special attack with one to allow you to make a bonus attack with the other.
Morningspike: A morningspike can be used either as a piercing weapon, like a dagger, or a bludgeoning and piercing weapon, like a morningstar. If you successfully disarm a creature with the chain, you can immediately make an extra attack with the spike. However, the morningspike doesn't provide the usual benefits of a weapon designed to disarm an enemy.