PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Evil

Pages : 1 [2] 3

BlueWizard
2007-10-23, 10:31 AM
Tamis can move, though any long term movement over the rough terrain of these rolling forested hills will be deemed unhealthy for Tamis. It would be better if a safe place was picked out for you all to camp nearby, and then Dyeinon can find you all the following morning.

Silme and Kathris will still be out.
{OOC- No official leveling for KO-d until they are brought to 1 hp. Morning will arrive with no further conflict, if you all want to meet up again. George and Dyeinon will be tired, but nothing a tough adventurer can't handle, so they can continue on in a slight daze. The next night they only need to take shorter watches, and I'll deem they have caught up on sleep. I only cause adventurers sleep 'dep' minuses after 36 hours or more, depending on Fortitude.}

edit

BlueWizard
2007-10-23, 10:36 AM
With Tamis up and about, she can walk, but transporting Silme may be difficult.

The party can try to push on or camp. D'pat will likely carry Silme.

{OOC- No official leveling for KO-d until they are brought to 1 hp.{So, Tamis can level now, and get more hp.} Morning will arrive with no further conflict, if you all want to meet up again. George and Dyeinon will be tired, but nothing a tough adventurer can't handle, so they can continue on in a slight daze. The next night they only need to take shorter watches, and I'll deem they have caught up on sleep. I only cause adventurers sleep 'dep' minuses after 36 hours or more, depending on Fortitude.}

OOC2- Dyeinon will find the party in the evening if D'pat and company push on.

OOC3- Basically I am trying to reunite all of you again.

Lochar
2007-10-23, 10:40 AM
Kithas

"Silme is stable enough to move, so D'pat, let's move him. Staying stranded out here in the woods any longer than necessary is asking for another attack." He motions to the newly, and barely, standing Tamis. "Let's go. We're hopefully only a couple of days out from Gethry."

BlueWizard
2007-10-23, 10:59 AM
The group will meet late in the evening. The party was a little slower without Dyeinon, and the hobbit ranger had to backtrack a bit, plus hindered by the extra weight of downed companions, it made for a long day. Everyone will get rest tonight, and perhaps only a slightly late start to the next morning.

{OOC- Once Kathris and Silme are healed to 1 hp, they can level. The next morning will arrive without incident, and the party can continue on together the next day once Kathris and Silme are brought up.}

Lochar
2007-10-23, 12:25 PM
Kithas

Seeing the downed forms of those who went after the druid, Kithas nods. "Rise and fight, you two. My lord demands much of you, but so far you have been up to the task."

Burning my two new level 2 spells for the day.
Kathris: [roll0]
Silme: [roll1]

Tar Palantir
2007-10-23, 06:19 PM
Silme groans and strecthes to his feet, grumbling slightly. "After I do all the work, I don't get the kill. Typical Elenac luck." He checks to make sure his sword and shield are in their proper places, then sits back down to rest some more, asking, "So what happened to the brave hunters, who so courageously avoided a fight with a vicious wereboar?"

stimpius
2007-10-23, 06:20 PM
Tamis

"Thanks for the pick-me-up. Much appreciated, and Silme care to pass that dagger back m'dear? Thanks."

With a smile she will slide it still bloody back into its sheath, kick the naked human thats dead on the floor and collect all her arrows up.

"So onward to Gethry, as we were goign before being so rudely interrupted?"

Lochar
2007-10-23, 08:44 PM
Kithas

"In a moment, Tamis." Before leaving the body of the were, Kithas collects several vials of the blood of the beast, in the used cure vials. He also collects parts of the skin. "As a last resort, allowing the blood of a were to overcome you can save you from much. The skin can sometimes be used for spell components as well."

Colt
2007-10-24, 06:38 AM
Arnat, worn out from the playing, doesn't say much on the way to camp. Upon arriving, he engages with some small chat with George, and prepares for getting some rest. It seems as if someone is out to get us already, 2 days, 2 battles, hopefully tonight brings no more surprises. He says as he lies down.

Cogwheel
2007-10-24, 09:21 AM
Wearily, Kathris rises to his feet. As he stands up, he coughs a few gouts of black-green blood, which strike the ground, bubble a little, and evaporate. he turns to face Kithas, and, his voice unusually hoarse, speaks a few words, his weapons sheathed for once.

"You have my thanks, Kithas. 'Tis a rare thing indeed, but you will not regret it."

With that, he turns away, and begins the remainder of the walk toward Gethry. Whether he heard Silme's sarcastic comment or not is not apparent.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-24, 09:36 AM
Turning to Arnat, "George" speaks just loud enough for Kathris to hear, (Gnoll)"What no thanks for hauling his carcass back here?"

"George" then assumes a quiet march as they continue to Gethry.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-24, 09:44 AM
Dyeinon raises an eyebrow at Silme's comment, but considers his less than dignified state for most of the fight, and declines to comment.

Colt
2007-10-24, 10:15 AM
Arnat responds to the George in Gnoll as he sets off You should not expect much thanks from that man-bug. Stay on his good side, but don't expect friendship.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-24, 10:15 AM
George replies to Silme, though in Gnoll, so that he won't know exactly what is being said. "We defeated the Druid, and lost Norris in the process. Dyeninon took a nice nap as Kathris did most of the blood letting. I am shamed that I was stuck in the cursed weeds. But that doesn't matter, it came down to 2 versus the druid and his fairy friends. The five of you couldn't take down this one human without nearly loosing all your lives. We may have lost one, but we did not nearly loose all." His anger sated, George resumes his silent march.

Colt
2007-10-24, 10:25 AM
Arnat slowly translates the message, toning it down a bit in the process.

Cogwheel
2007-10-24, 10:40 AM
Kathris merely shoots a brief glance at Arnat, speaking quietly, almost to himself, yet his face points toward the bard.

"Not all things are as they seem, human. Is that not so?"

Tar Palantir
2007-10-24, 03:44 PM
Silme sneers at the Gnoll as Arnat translates. He replies, "This human was a beast far more vicious and cunning than you, impervious to all attacks save those from the silver dagger, and a brutal combatant. You fought a lone druid and some fairies. I apologize if our opponent seems the greater. The beast was in its death throws when it finally brought me down. While I will not deny the others' help, particularly the cleric, I was the one who caused the most harm to the beast, and very nearly the one who slew it. If I had had my ancestral sword, it would not have even been a contest." He turns from the Gnoll in disgust.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-24, 03:54 PM
"George" stares into the back of Silme's head as he simply states, "I will feast the day that you die." His warning glance to Arnat discourages any translation.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-24, 06:20 PM
"Comrades," Dyeinon says, with a hint of irony in his voice, "Shall we suffice it to say that each of us fought our own enemies and succeeded? While I find my own performance in my last battle rather embarrassing, each group was successful. Let us leave it at that."

Cogwheel
2007-10-24, 06:34 PM
"Indeed. Why quarrel over such petty things, when we are nearly at Gethry?"

The thri-kreen continues to walk slightly ahead of the rest of the group - it is clear that he could move far faster without any effort, but he appears to be slowing down to keep pace with the remainder of the group, regardless.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-24, 06:37 PM
"Indeed," Silme said, sinking back into the depths of his mind. His thoughts about his ancestral sword had triggered once more a brooding depression in him, and he said little for quite some time afterwards, lost in his melancholy thoughts.

Lochar
2007-10-24, 06:37 PM
Kithas

"Exactly. Argue later, all of you. I thought you'd been sent to do something. And it wasn't to argue."

Kithas follows after the thri-keen.

BlueWizard
2007-10-24, 11:28 PM
The next morning arrives in peace, and you can all continue on for another day. Dyeinon will know you are all near Gethry and should be there by the following day's afternoon.
You will encounter a few settlers and cottages along the way, but they will shut their doors and windows up at your strange group's approach.

You will have to sleep one night out in the wild... or could 'borrow' a remote cottage for the night if you want for the following Night. {OOC- I may role-play THIS out.}

stimpius
2007-10-25, 02:27 AM
Tamis

"Well im bored of being raided in the night by unknown wolves and stupid golden stags, then being attacked by a huge wereboar next morning. I say we go and borrow a cottage, and i do believe i would be best suited for this."

She wont say any of it in a big headed way but more as a statement of fact.

Kesnit
2007-10-25, 04:06 AM
D'pat

D'pat raises an eyebrow. Do you have a plan in mind?

stimpius
2007-10-25, 04:34 AM
Tamis

With a contempteous look in her eye and a flick of the wrist she turns D'pats comment into a vague outline of her plan.

"Actually yes. I'm not just a pretty face. The plan would be, I climb in sneakily through a window, or chimney, exterminate whoever is inside, whilst they sleep so they get as little pain delivered as possible, and we get a place to sleep. Oh and then George here can have a little bite to eat so he doesn't try eating us. Or if thats not to your liking, I can pick the lock on the front door, sidle through using the shadows, and exterminate them then, or talk to them and funnel them out so that you can kill them."

Colt
2007-10-25, 06:21 AM
Arnat winces a bit when Tamas begins talking about "exterminating" he then joins the conversation, Would It be possible to find a cottage that is empty, so that we can avoid this whole "exterminating" of innocents business? I'm sure every small town has a few empty cottages.

Lochar
2007-10-25, 06:42 AM
Arnat winces a bit when Tamas begins talking about "exterminating" he then joins the conversation, Would It be possible to find a cottage that is empty, so that we can avoid this whole "exterminating" of innocents business? I'm sure every small town has a few empty cottages.

Kithas
"I agree. If we're going to be removing any innocents, such that they may be, from life, they should serve a much higher purpose. My lord looks highly upon innocent lives given to him."

stimpius
2007-10-25, 07:05 AM
Tamis

Raking her fingers through her hair for a moment she appears lost in thought.

"Well if we captured and incapacitated a couple and killed one, we could sacrifice them for a higher purpose such as your lord or D'pats lord. We could always torture one first if this would appease your lord."

Kesnit
2007-10-25, 08:15 AM
D'pat

Much as the Dark Lord would appriciate such an offering, we do not have the time nor the facilities necessary to carry out such a thing. An incomplete offering would anger him more than no offering at all. He smiled. Though the offer of your assistance is much appriciated.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-25, 08:58 AM
Upon hearing Tamis's plan, Gorganiean remains quiet for a few minutes, then looks pointedly at Tamis and states, (Common)"George, wants one......live." The smile, or is it a snarl, that spreads across his lips reveals his full rows of sharp teeth, with a prominent set of canines. (Gnoll)"More fun when they scream."

OOC: Henceforth Orange text is in Common, Sea Green text is in Gnoll.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-25, 09:51 AM
"Kill them. But do it quickly and quietly. If they scream, our entire purpose will be lost. But they are human. Kill them. Dyeinon's face is cold, avoiding eye contact with any humans in the party.

stimpius
2007-10-25, 04:14 PM
Tamis

"So be it." She will whisper.

This is assuming night has fallen and we are looking for a cottage to stay at, if it hasn't ignore this entire post.

She will slip off unobtrusivley from the side of the group and

She will hide in the shadows, slipping from one to another in the night moving silently. If a window is open she will go in through that, failing that if the door is open in through there as quietly as possible, if that is locked then picking the lock will be done.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Kesnit
2007-10-25, 05:28 PM
D'pat

D'pat nods, then positions himself outside the front door of the house the rogue had just entered, mace in hand.

He will attack anyone who tries to run out the front door.

Lochar
2007-10-25, 05:30 PM
Kithas

Kithas nods to the others, and puts himself near the door, but far enough away that D'pat will have the first attack.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-25, 05:53 PM
Literally salivating that the thought of a fresh screaming human, Gorganiean moves to the other side of the door from D'pat, the Norris's greataxe at the ready in his hands.

Readied action to attack anyone or thing coming out the front door, except Tamis.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-25, 06:27 PM
Silme, noticing the rediculous overprotection of the front door, circles around the cabin to stand guard to the side of an unopened window, shield raised over his head.

He will shield bash anything that comes out for nonlethal damage.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-25, 09:07 PM
Dyeinon stands far enough away that he can see both the front and the back of the house, and nocks an arrow.

BlueWizard
2007-10-26, 01:18 AM
The group is still in the remote country, when evening approaches, Tamis spies a shaded little cottage in a grove of trees. There is a small garden here, and a few fruit trees, some have tricolored citruses in rows.

Tamis will have no trouble sneaking up to this lonely cottage.

Tamis will be in the room, when George senses that a dog lives here. It is likely coming too, and is already sniffing. It lays behind the front door, George noticed its breathing on his approach. Tamis will be discovering two sleeping warm bodies in a room as the dog begins to sound his alarm.

stimpius
2007-10-26, 02:16 AM
Tamis

"Crap, can't take the dog out will have to leave that to the guys."

Ill send one arrow whistling straight into 1 dead body and if i can get the other off before the second awakes so be it, if its slowly waking up and realises im there ill run over and ram my arrow through its skull and down into its neck.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
These rolls are for the second body as im assuming I can drop the first one automatically as its still asleep. If not these rolls are for the first one.

BlueWizard
2007-10-26, 02:19 AM
Tamis unleashes her bow right into the neck of one sleeping figures, and opens up a gash in their neck. That figure is dying! The other an old man sits up rapidly, and a little dazed as the dog begins to bark, and the crew approaches the front door {or rear...}.

stimpius
2007-10-26, 02:23 AM
Tamis

"He hasn't seen me. This could be fun."

She will say with a quick snarl like grin appearing on her face. She will move futher round the room more into the shadow, attempt to hide and then unleash an arrow at the second figure.

After all its more fun if they cant see me.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] - should be plus 8 because of point blank range.
[roll3]
[roll4]

BlueWizard
2007-10-26, 02:29 AM
As those at the door bang their way in, the dog sprints to its masters' room. It is barking and snarling, heading straight for Tamis. Tamis kills the old man out right. The old man gasps for a second as he notices his dead wife, and gasps her name before falling over on her.

{OOC- This battle needed no initiatives, you clearly outclassed this old settler and wife.}

stimpius
2007-10-26, 02:41 AM
Tamis

Noticing the fact that the dog is coming for her, will abandon all attempts of being sneaky and just take a running jump-dive type thing out of the window attempt to do a smart roll on the ground and then sprint to the nearest tree and try to climb it before the stupid dog eats her.

She hates dogs.

So much.

[roll0] < Dont ya hate untrained skills.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Wiz only take applicable roll's did them all just incase :)

Cogwheel
2007-10-26, 03:59 AM
Kathris sees Tamis scramble toward the tree with the dog on her trail, and shakes his head in disgust. Gripping his weapons tightly, he rushes toward the dog, ready to swing down at it.

Running over to the dog. In the event that I can actually get there to get an attack in, here's my roll...

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

Colt
2007-10-26, 06:49 AM
Seeing the dog and Tamis jump out the window, Arnat dives into the recesses of his mind and pulls out an appropriate spell. He mumbles a few words, then stares at the dog, and begins to walk towards it and pet it.

Cast Hypnotism, Number of targets: [roll0]
Handle Animal [roll1]

Cogwheel
2007-10-26, 06:52 AM
Seeing the bard approaching the dog after his spell, the thri-kreen screeches to a halt, weapons still in hand.

Lochar
2007-10-26, 07:32 AM
Kithas

Kithas enters the cottage, ignoring the dog. He goes to the dead/dying people. "It is the law of power." He tells them. "Those with power take what they need from those without it. You had no power this night."

Should either one still be bleeding out by the time he gets there, spont an inflict with Fell Animate on the person.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-26, 08:03 AM
Dyeinon is prepared to fire at any figure sticking its head out a window.

Kesnit
2007-10-26, 08:35 AM
D'pat runs around the house in time to see the Bard start petting the now-docile dog, then starts laughing. Are you sure you aren't a Ranger or Druid?

Kyroswolf
2007-10-26, 08:49 AM
George follows Kithas into the cottage. Seeing the dead bodies, he drags one into the kitchen. Once there he begins to fillet it delicately into bite size slices, which soon disappear down his throat.

Using the ax to slice up the human, unless he can find a knife in the kitchen, in which he will use it.

Lochar
2007-10-26, 08:56 AM
Kithas
((OOC: If I was able to inflict one of them. Otherwise, I'll remove this post.))
"Do leave enough meat on them to allow them to rise in a few minutes, George."

Colt
2007-10-26, 09:56 AM
No, But I see no reason to kill another being tonight, and after all, it's always nice to have a companion.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-26, 04:12 PM
Silme walks over to see Arnat playing with the stupid mutt, and sneers, "I'm sure the gnoll wouldn't object to dog. Dumb animal." He then goes into the kitchen to forage for some edible food.

Kesnit
2007-10-26, 04:42 PM
D'pat sneers at Silme's back, then turns back to the Bard. I usually consider mercy to be a trait of the weak, but there is something about dogs that... Suddenly he stops speaking, realizing he is revealing too much about himself. He turns to enter the house, but not before giving the dog a quick smile.

BlueWizard
2007-10-26, 09:11 PM
Kathris pounces on the dog as it chases Tamis up a tree. The dog is a splatter of goo.

Kithas in the bedroom, finds the old man dead, the old woman is dying and he can inflict pain on her and finish her... before George gets there.

The cottage is now void of former residents. Besides the old couples' room there are two other bedrooms, that look like they perhaps once belonged to their children. There is a shed attached to the back, and an old mule tied up in the back porch.{Silme had found this mule no trouble, and merely kept eating feed from the trough.

stimpius
2007-10-27, 03:06 AM
Tamis

Excellent its searching time.

Well lets search this whole house top to bottom then the shed.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] << Only if needed and she spots something pretty she wants.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-27, 11:43 AM
Silme goes into one of the smaller bedrooms, checks the locks on the windows and door, then sits down to rest and think.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-27, 01:17 PM
The deed done, Dyeinon will casually saunter in the direction of the house.

BlueWizard
2007-10-28, 02:14 AM
OOC- No retro, Kathris downed the dog. However, it will not be goo merely dying and can be saved.

Silme secures the home, and the group can take over their 'new pad'.

The other two rooms will turn up evidence that two boys matured here and went off to their livelihoods. A few knick-knacks, and wooden trophies are found on shelves. In one room, a more bookish boy has a collection of the Hunter Novels, and a diary. In all in nooks and crannies, Tamis finds 335 copper, 350 silver, and 10 gold. These two were quite wealthy for remote settlers. Not much to spend coinage out here, and Dyeinon will spy an old rickety wagon that looks very wobbly.

OOC2- The Night can pass, morning can arrive, and you can all move on to Gethry... unless there is some unfinished business. I don't like railroading, but I do like to keep us on task.

stimpius
2007-10-28, 05:16 AM
Tamis

On the road to Gethry

She will drop back and talk which doesn't seem much like her but she will do it fast so as not to spend more time than is necessary with some of those in her party. Moving to inbetween D'pat and Kithas she will start

"I hope that none of you forget why we are here, bound by a mutual agreement to destory the tinker gnomes. Yet the guild believes these to be headed or at least have someone behind them playing the strings so to speak.

As well as this there is an underground alliance which is sucking Kandor's lifeblood; the Slave Trade dry. We can deal with these if we meet them and we will deal with them appropriratley."

With this done she will slink off again to her usual position at the front of the party slipping in shade when possible.

------------

At Gethry, what time is it roughly?

Colt
2007-10-28, 06:58 AM
Arnat doesn't sleep to well being in such close proximity to the scene of a killing, but does rest some, and is ready to set off to Gethry in the morning, falling in near the middle of the group.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-28, 10:44 AM
George enjoy his meal, then falls asleep on the floor. The next morning he assumes his rear guard position and follows the others to Gethry.

Lochar
2007-10-28, 11:31 AM
Kithas

Kithas sleeps well that night, guarded by the zombie body of the old lady. In the morning, he follows along with the party.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-28, 01:37 PM
Silme takes up a position at the head of the column, sword drawn, wary of any more ambushes after the past few days. Looking at the sword in his hand, he once again longs for the sword of his father, and resolves to try and try and find out more about it in town, or at least to buy something better than this one, scrounged off of a dead hobgoblin.

BlueWizard
2007-10-29, 03:35 AM
The road is not really a road, but a dirt clearing made by the imperial military long ago. It is still used by peasants and patrols. It has grown over some bit, and Dyeinon cuts off of the main pathway through clearings and forests with only minor cats or bears guarding them. Most wildlife knew to avoid humanoids, even the large golden bears who would bound away at tremendous speeds.
{OOC- I saw a brown bear run down a guy just to scare him, the man taunting it couldn't move before it had bounded 50 feet up to him. The foolish kid turned and ran, with the bear already breathing down his neck, and then it sat on the ground just to mock the little human. At least that was what I saw as I stood FAR away, and warned them not to play with it. Bears are fast, like a cat, but Bigger!}
Even with their size and incredible speed most of the woodland creatures you encounter's instincts only prepare them for defense against you humanoids.

You will get into lands heavy in fruit trees with winter and summer crops. Apples and Oranges was a base crop, and orange rinds were ground into pastes with wheat to make breads or even drinks in water, {Apple and Orange Juice!}, among other concoctions and candies. You will have found this in the old couple's food stores, and you would've found fresh meat in an ice-locker, with block of ice. Low Level wizards specialized in ice selling in some kingdoms, driving around in horse-drawn ice-wagons.

You will begin to see a few more scattered farms in more proximity to each other, often signs of village life would be near.

Near about 2 pm in the day away from the old couple's cottage a low deep sound will be heard high in the air. It is a cool cloudy day, and you will be walking in a farm's wheatfield clearing when the noise is heard. Dyeinon can easily pin-point the direction, as can the two elves. It is in the direction you are going, but towards a small hill towards the South.

In the clouds there is a great shadow, and the noise is a low WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-
WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-
WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB

It just goes over and over again. You might guess the cloud is a low thin one, about 2000 feet up, it now barely hides what ever massive thing could create this strange, ominous repeating noise that never stops, and only gets louder as it gets closer overhead.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-29, 01:25 PM
George draws the axe he took from Norris and prepares to defend himself, "What in the Nine Hells is that?"

Readied action to attack an enemy entering a threatened square.

Lochar
2007-10-29, 01:27 PM
Kithas

"Blasted gnomes. What are they up to now?" Kithas looks at the dead woman. "Move into the ditch, lie down, and don't move until I give you another order."

Tar Palantir
2007-10-29, 04:16 PM
Silme raises his sword, cursing whatever lunatic god created the gnomes. He asks the others, "What devilry is this? If these gnomes have built a flying castle or some other such device, I'm not going to be the one who has to shoot it down."

stimpius
2007-10-29, 04:33 PM
Tamis

"Im starting to run low on bloody arrows boy's. I would suggest pushing on to Gethry or hiding in the wheat till it passes. I'm in favour of hiding."

With this she will dive left into the corn and hide.

[roll0]

Cogwheel
2007-10-29, 08:38 PM
The thri-kreen also dives into the corn, shadows swiftly wrapping around him despite the time of the day, keeping a keen eye out for whatever may come from beyond the clouds.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-29, 09:04 PM
George follows Tamis and Kathris into the corn, muttering some Gnoll curses as he goes.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-29, 09:36 PM
Silme quickly follows, keeping his sword at the ready and listening intently in case of ambush.

[roll0]

BlueWizard
2007-10-30, 05:52 AM
The noise gets louder and the shadow finally emerges from the cloud as it lowers to the ground.
WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-
WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-
At about 1500 feet you can make out the odd giant wooden box with legs that flies through the air. It is supported by a great balloon made of cowhide. A giant wooden propeller at an angle provides the force to move it, this is also the loud wubbing noise that reverberates in the air. Movable wings jut out and help steer it. Inside are several smaller humanoids of stocky and bearded persuasions.

OOC- You all have time to prepare, but it looks like they are lifting large ball balls, and holding sticks of fire.

stimpius
2007-10-30, 06:10 AM
Tamis

Seeing the humanoids and realising they are in a batch of highly flamable corn with those in the ship holding sticks of fire, it would be best to flee to a position where there is nothing that will burn and smoke us out.

With this she'll leg it towards the nearest farmhouse assuming its made of stone and attempt to hide inside it.

BlueWizard
2007-10-30, 06:35 AM
The group will realize there is no corn in this area, but tall wheatfields... Though many of your characters might be familiar with tall corn patches back home.

Lochar
2007-10-30, 08:03 AM
Kithas

With the undead lady in hiding, Kithas stands there, looking up. There doesn't seem to be a reason for them to attack him at the moment, he thinks.

Kesnit
2007-10-30, 08:35 AM
D'pat looks around for a place to hide from the flying attack.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-30, 08:37 AM
Not having a ranged weapon, and knowing the general humanoids dislike for his kind, George remains hidden in the wheat. He also keeps as close an eye as possible on the thing, wary of danger.

Readied action: Head for the same stone house Tamis fled to if they attack or indicate that he is their target.

BlueWizard
2007-10-30, 12:42 PM
The group can scatter and hide.
The strange contraption will slow its descent and hold attacking.
It is at 900 feet now.
{OOC- If you can attack sooner please tell me.}

Lochar
2007-10-30, 12:50 PM
Kithas

Kithas looks up to the flying contraption ((Which, by the way, means you've been spending entirely too much time playing WoW)), and sees the stocky, bearded people.

He shrugs and continues to wait.

Held action to start moving around on the road if they drop flaming piles of something on him.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-30, 01:02 PM
George continues to hide in the wheat, ready to avoid any attack, and wondering what Kithas is up to, and if the furry guys will ever get close enough for him to hack away.

Kesnit
2007-10-30, 02:15 PM
D'pat muttered rude statements about the parentage of the creatures in the flying machine, all the while making rather rude gestures.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-30, 03:10 PM
Silme watches D'Pat antagonize the flying death machine, and mutters under his breath, "Paladins." He edges away from the paladin, and prepares to run if things go wrong.

Readied action to run to the same stone house if the ship attacks with some sort of fire weapon.

Lochar
2007-10-30, 03:12 PM
D'pat muttered rude statements about the parentage of the creatures in the flying machine, all the while making rather rude gestures.

Kithas

Kithas looks over at D'pat. "You know, challenging them to a duel is fine and all, but if you incense them enough, they'll just attempt to firebomb the area."

Colt
2007-10-30, 03:18 PM
Arnat looks up at the maschine, and then dives into the wheat, and begins crawling away from the road.

(OOC: Finally found a computer with internet, hopefully will be able to stay on top of stuff.)

BlueWizard
2007-10-31, 03:53 AM
OOC- I don't think I played WoW, but flying battle wagons are pretty standard options where tinker gnomes are concerned. :smallwink: Of course, many things come standard in tinker gnome society.

A couple of armored dwarves will look over the side as the ship is descending, and point, and it looks as if they are discussing something. All of you will realize it is D'pat, and they begin to maneuver toward him.

{At 500 feet and falling. More tinker gnomes gather on the sides looking down, and the glare of all of their eyeglasses is annoying, and you will have minor difficulty attacking with ranged weapons.}

A few hatches open up beneath the flying ship. Little goggled men look out with beards whipping in the wind. They are calling out and speaking in gnomish.

The dwarves commands seem to indicate that they are going to try and kill D'pat first.

Lochar
2007-10-31, 08:07 AM
Kithas

Kithas looks over to D'pat. "You had to try to piss them off, didn't you? Let's see if we can at least catch them off guard then."

Mentally, Kithas starts giving orders to the zombie woman still in hiding. When they land, run out here, afraid. Hide behind one of their fighters. Then break his neck."

Kyroswolf
2007-10-31, 08:53 AM
From his position in the wheat, George tries to get a good assumption on what they are up against.

[roll0]

Trying to get a count of the gnomes/dwarves and what equipment they have.
Prays to forum roller gods

Kesnit
2007-10-31, 09:19 AM
D'pat turns to the the dwarf. Nothing I did or did not do would change their plan of attack. I only made it clear that I consider them beneith my contempt.

Colt
2007-10-31, 09:21 AM
Seeing the ship headng for D'pat, Arnat stays low, lying below the wheat. He draws 2 daggers, and holds them ready to use.

stimpius
2007-10-31, 09:26 AM
Tamis

Before she makes it to the stone structure she will turn and take stock of whats happening.

"Damn it D'pat!" She will mutter under her breath then run back to D'pat re-hide in the farm field about 28ft away from D'pat.

Lochar
2007-10-31, 09:34 AM
Kithas

"At least make it look good, D'pat. Go into the wheat and grab the zombie woman. She hasn't had time to decay enough that they'd be able to tell from up there. Maybe we can force them to land."

Mentally, Kithas re-enforces this order with the zombie.

Kesnit
2007-10-31, 10:34 AM
D'pat chases after the zombie woman, dragging her out of the wheat field. And what am I supposed to do with her now? he asked the cleric. I am not a lover of the Undead...

Lochar
2007-10-31, 10:44 AM
Kithas

"You're the one with the better weapon, threaten her. Do you think they'll sacrifice an 'innocent' to kill you?"

Kesnit
2007-10-31, 11:23 AM
D'pat holds up his HEAVY MACE and wonders briefly how anyone could mistake it for a sword. And I thought dwarves were supposed to know so much about weapons and blacksmithing... he muttered to himself.

He ordered the zombie to lay on her back in the middle of the road, pretending to force her down, then placed his right foot on her waist as if holding her down. He raised his weapon over his head as if about to bring it down on the zombie's chest, then looked up. If you dare to attack me, this woman will die. May her death be on your heads, and may her sacrifice bring honor to the Dark Lord!

BlueWizard
2007-10-31, 12:20 PM
The flying craft's descension slows, and the tinker gnomes mutter, and pulls back the black balls and torches they had ready to drop. The craft is still above D'pat by about 350 feet now, but is in some state of confusion. They seem to be leveling out and it looks like they might not go much further down.

Another dwarf {a third one} peers over the craft's side, he scratches his beard and says something quietly to those on the ship. He yells down, "Turn back now! Leave the human where she is. If you leave, no-one will get hurt."

Colt
2007-10-31, 03:15 PM
Arnat, seeing this as an entirely reasonable idea, casts Message, telling D'pat "I'd do it, they look like they have a good deal more people and arms than we do."

Kyroswolf
2007-10-31, 03:18 PM
George speaks in a low voice, hoping it will carry to D'pat and Kithas, without reaching the airship.

"There are 10 to 20 of them, not counting the dwarves we saw. Might be better to slip away and make our way back through this wheat. It doesn't look that fast."

Tar Palantir
2007-10-31, 03:25 PM
Silme makes his way towards the stone house, staying just within the wheat fields, ready to flee if necessary.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-31, 06:33 PM
Dyeinon will slink away and to the side in the wheat, ready to leap into the fray if necessary, but hoping to avoid it.

{Pertinent Rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3443910&postcount=152)}

BlueWizard
2007-11-01, 06:10 AM
OOC- Unless I hear otherwise you can retreat, or head to Gethry. It will follow you to the village if you go there.

Kesnit
2007-11-01, 06:16 AM
Knowing he and his companions cannot fight a flying boat, D'pat releases the zombie. Go! he ordered her, pointing towards the wheat field where Kithas was.

With a final glance at the flying machine, D'pat returned his mace to his belt. But if I ever see them on the ground, they will pay for this humiliation, he thought.

Lochar
2007-11-01, 06:20 AM
Kithas

Kithas sends the zombie a mental command to flee, but to kill off anyone from the ship if they land to pick her up. He then leaves with D'pat.

BlueWizard
2007-11-01, 07:02 AM
The group can flee toward Gethry... or were you considering another place?

Colt
2007-11-01, 07:21 AM
Unless otherwise pursuaded, Arnat will begin to head towards Gethry, while staying low in the wheat, in case they attack.

Kyroswolf
2007-11-01, 08:49 AM
Staying low in the wheat, "George" joins the group headed for Gethry.

psychoticbarber
2007-11-01, 09:26 AM
Dyeinon heads off in the direction of Gethry with the rest of the group that is doing so.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-01, 03:04 PM
Silme also follows the group to Gethry, keeping his sword in hand.

BlueWizard
2007-11-01, 04:56 PM
Running ahead you can put some distance between you and the flying craft. It does follow, and rises higher into the air. You will be able to see the large flying craft in the distance for sometime, even after all of you are hidden in the hills or forest, but eventually you will put it behind you, and reach the tiny village of Gethry.

For city-folk you might be quite disappointed. There is barely a town center, more of a huddle of buildings near the small fort. Four brown and black garbed soldiers stand outside the wooden wall. Beyond is a small barracks, and possibly a training ground.

When the dangerous looking party of adventurers walk up, all humans in the area lock their doors, and go inside. Only the four soldiers stay and look nervously as the eight of you stroll into town. They remain standing outside the fort with pole-arms up, and swords on their hips.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-01, 08:37 PM
Silme walks up to the guards and sheathes his sword, nodding in respect. "Hello, good sirs," he says, "We seek to purchase supplies for a dangerous adventure, and we of course do not want to impose upon your fine town for too long. Could you please direct us to places to purchase weapons and supplies?"

stimpius
2007-11-02, 02:22 AM
Tamis

Checking herself over, she finds all she lacks are arrows. Needs more arrows.

Waiting for Silme to get an answer she will busy herself studing the houses seeing if there is a rich looking one nearby

[roll0]

Kyroswolf
2007-11-02, 08:51 AM
Gorganiean keeps the hood of this cloak pulled over his face in an effort to hide his race as much as possible. He loves nothing more than inspiring terror, but knows this isn't the time. He listens closely to the guards reply, knowing that he would like to pick up a more useful weapon and possibly armor.

Colt
2007-11-02, 10:03 AM
Arnat walks through town with an air of good cheer, in an attempt to persuade the townsfolk that the group means no harm.

BlueWizard
2007-11-03, 06:20 AM
The lead guard is nervous when spoken too, and even more nervous when Silme's entourage follows him, "I... I...uh, I'll get the Captain."
He will immediately spin and call for the fort wall to be opened on the inside.
You will meet Captain Frayspinner. You will find that the only store of goods at all here is a fort general store, which will trade things for double the imperial rate. {OOC- twice PHB, and only common non-magical stuff}
Frayspinner will claim imperial taxes has been making it rough for army officers for the Kandorian King.

Tamis will have spotted a nice look home near a river, it has a watermill and granary, and is likely one of the wealthiest land-owners around. There are tanned men in loinclothes and silver necklaces that work this field.

Arnat's presence will eventually put the soldiers at ease. In the discussion, you will guess about 25 soldiers are stationed here, some are women.

stimpius
2007-11-03, 06:44 AM
Tamis

Silver necklaces eh? This should be an intresting effort. Lets see if I can re-appropriate anything before the others notice im missing.

When the others are going to Captain Frayspinner and the soldier they adress, Tamis will slip off and attempt to follow the contour of the river, keeping out of sight and sound of the men.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BlueWizard
2007-11-03, 07:00 AM
Tamis has no trouble slipping away.
Unnoticed!

BlueWizard
2007-11-03, 08:01 PM
Dyeinon knows where to go from here, but after an hour Tamis will still not have returned.

psychoticbarber
2007-11-03, 08:37 PM
"Should we give Tamis another hour to return?", Dyeinon asks the group, "I feel uneasy leaving without as many as possible in these lands."

Kyroswolf
2007-11-03, 08:47 PM
"When did s/he disappear and where to? I don't want that flying thing to catch us."

Lochar
2007-11-03, 08:49 PM
Kithas

"Give them another hour. If it turns out she's gotten in trouble with the local law, that would be her problem."

BlueWizard
2007-11-03, 10:28 PM
As the group prepares to leave the Gethry Fort, a voice calls out from the woods. It is a soft and mysterious voice that most of you have heard before.
"Come."
Stepping out of woods by a barn is Avery, once you are out of sight of the fort. Her face is covered by a black wrap-mask, she is in her expensive tight black leather ninja suit artfully crafted with black embroidered dragon. She has a bit of blonde hair that peeks out through her eye holes, where her blazing green eyes glisten in anger, beautiful as well as frightening. She has a few daggers, and odd green vials on her hip and backpack. Her main weapon appears to be a short sword.
She is a little encumbered and carries the limp form of Tamis in a blanket.
She unfurls the blanket, and rolls Tamis gently on the floor.

Tamis is laying completely naked, with all of her platinum blondness to be seen. She is bruised, and sliced up a bit, her face is pretty battered up. She has been mistreated in many ways.

Avery is sarcastic, but pissed, "How much for an elven whore?" She kneels beside Tamis and feeds her a potion that brings Tamis back to consiousness. Her wounds heal, and all traces of the beating and molestation she withstood, disappear. Tamis' bright blue eyes begin to peer about. {OOC- Welcome back.} "You owe the Thieves Guild big time, girl. I don't think any of the other ones had that backing. Just make sure you pay your union dues in Galorine."
Avery is about to stand, and then reminds you all of your actions in Gethry.
OOC-
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3268923#post3268923

"The secret alliance has allies in all the woods and remote villages. They can strike you at any place. Beware. The guild cannot afford to draw too much attention in these distant villages. There are strict laws here. Tamis broke into the mayor's home. His sons didn't think too kindly of it, and beat and raped her in many ways. I had to offer a pretty sum to get her out. They know the value of an elven whore. She owes us big time now. The ladies of the Night will now actively court you, Tamis. Now your body can make you rich. Oh, and there is a suit of leather and weapons waiting for you at the fort. We need you to be able to defend yourself. A naked elf won't do for anything, but sex. She will try to slink away and disappear into the woods, as quickly as possible.

stimpius
2007-11-04, 05:16 AM
Tamis

Wrapping herself in the blanket coughing and spluttering, she will walk off to the fort shop, wrapping her head in the blanket and get a normal dagger, shortbow with a quiver of 20 arrows, supple leather and a cowl again. Slipping into the barn to get dressed she will emerge and just say

"Onwards?"

Colt
2007-11-04, 07:49 AM
Arnat emerges from the fort, and backs away slightly upon seeing Tamis. He listens to the story intently, then waits for Tamis to return, before starting to set off.

Lochar
2007-11-04, 08:25 AM
Kithas

"Foolish elf." Kithas shakes his head, but touches her shoulder as they leave. "If there's going to be a next time, don't get caught."

As I doubt the potion did more than get her on her feet, CMW. [roll0]

Anyone else actually down HP?

BlueWizard
2007-11-04, 03:32 PM
Tamis finds a suitable suit of leather armor. Nothing fancy or tight fitting, but a standard leather suit of armor, usually given to the peasant militia men in times of war. Sturdy and efficient though. No-one at the fort will give her any looks, and in fact the Captain of the fort is nervously waiting for Tamis when she comes to get her things. In place of a cowl, she gets a brown cloak or wool scarf.

In no time you can begin making tracks to the caves. As you get into higher grounds you will see a far distant speck that is the great flying ship approaching.

Your path from here will lead you South into the higher hills of Northern Kandor.

BlueWizard
2007-11-05, 11:57 AM
The city of Gethry is only an hour walk from you when a voice stops you from the woods. It is not human, but is very distinct and clear in the Imperial tongue. "Turn back now. Or Die." When all of you notice what speaks you will see a grand creature. They are said to be a myth by most cultures.

Before you gleaming in silvery white, is a unicorn. This one is male, and has a beard and fluffy mane and piercing blue eyes, that try to make you feel ashamed of yourselves. It looks strong, and has its head lowered with horn pointed at you as it speaks.
"I won't give you a second warning. I can smell your group's evil taint a mile away!" It is poised and ready, and very serious, he steams a little out his nose for emphasis.

stimpius
2007-11-05, 12:23 PM
Tamis

"We shall not turn back, evil is but a perspective and it is who is a blight upon this world. Team scatter around it, make it pick its targets and letting us flank it."

With this she will scuttle off into a tree and try and hide.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kyroswolf
2007-11-05, 12:36 PM
*Before we left Gethry*

Upon the sight of Tamis's nude body, Gorganiean's eyes take on a glow of desire. The smell of her ordeal in the air mixed with the sight of her body is almost beyond what he can bare. He visibly salivates as he watches her withdraw to the outpost. He stares after her for a few moments before shaking himself, as though coming out of a trance. Looking around to make sure he wasn't noticed, "George" relaxes himself and prepares for the journey, tossing his old battleaxe and shield into the woods.

*Now*

Upon Tamis' suggestion, George draws the axe he took from Norris and circles to the rear of the Unicorn.

If this is a combat round, double move action to move up to 80 ft. That should be enough to go around the Unicorn and avoid AoOs.

Lochar
2007-11-05, 12:39 PM
Kithas

"It's a shame we don't have a way to capture it, a live unicorn would sell well. Although, it's blood might not make for a bad profit either."

Kithas pulls his morningstar and then mumbles under his breath.

DMM Fell animate an Inflict Moderate Wounds. He's going to hold the charge in his hand for a while, until the unicorn is hurt.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-05, 07:41 PM
Silme speaks, in a commanding voice, "This is not a fight you can win, noble creature. Save your skill and strength for another day, or die now in a meaningless bloodbath. I do not want to kill so great a creature, but I will if I must." He readies himself for battle.

Draw shield (sword still drawn from...pretty much always drawn, really.) Ready an attack if the unicorn comes within range.

psychoticbarber
2007-11-05, 10:29 PM
"Hold noble creature, I have no truck with you. Why will you not let us pass by? If we are too evil for you, then there is no reason to let us pass by or leave, but if you would let us leave, let us pass by." Dyeinon has no great desire to kill this creature, but will defend himself if need be.

BlueWizard
2007-11-05, 11:59 PM
The unicorn doesn't hesitate a moment further, and charges the group.
It is aiming its horn for D'pat, but looks like it wouldn't mind bowling over a few others nearby.

Initiatives:
Arnat 18+5
Dyeinon 19+3
Kathris 15+5
Unicorn
Tamis 13+5
D'pat 7+3
Kithas 8+0
Silme 4+3
George 1+3

Cogwheel
2007-11-06, 04:58 AM
Kathris stares at the unicorn dispassionately, his gaze showing that he considers it far below him, below even the very earth he treads on. Swiftly, he darts across the ground to intercept it, swords flicking up in one fluid motion, striking its vulnerable flank as it charges.

Using Wolf Fang Strike, allowing me to attack with all weapons as a standard action with a -2 penalty.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Colt
2007-11-06, 07:21 AM
Arnat Looks upon the unicorn with a bit of awe, having never seen to magnificent a creature before. But after it charges, he collects himself and draws a dagger and his whip, and moves towards the unicorn.

stimpius
2007-11-06, 08:31 AM
Tamis

Depending on what has happened after the unicorn goes if she is hidden and its her turn, she will either knock an arrow and let it fly.

Or she will hide again so as to launch the sneak attack next round.

[roll0] - PB Shot
[roll1]- PB Shot
[roll2]

Kesnit
2007-11-06, 08:53 AM
D'pat

Feel the Power of Hell! D'pat screamed, swinging his mace at the creature.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Lochar
2007-11-06, 08:57 AM
Kithas

Should the creature be close enough to strike at, Kithas does so.

Attack:[roll0]
Confirm Crit:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

Kyroswolf
2007-11-06, 09:37 AM
George charges into the hopefully exposed rear of the unicorn, greataxe raised over his head. The laugh of a hyena escapes his mouth, as his eyes take on a wildness such as none of you have seen before.

Power Attack -2 to hit, +4 to damage, AC at 16 until next round from charge
[roll0](TAB 7-2PA+2Charge=7)+2 more if flanking, he circled the unicorn prior to combat.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

psychoticbarber
2007-11-06, 10:59 AM
I'd like to note that the order of actions is extremely important, and that because Dyeinon acts second I am not firing into melee.

As the unicorn begins its charge, Dyeinon draws his bow and moves ten feet to the left of the direction that the unicorn was travelling, and fires.

{Necessary Rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3472995&postcount=167)}

Tar Palantir
2007-11-06, 04:01 PM
Depending on where the unicorn is when he attacks, Silme will attack with sword and shield if possible, or move to flank, then dart in with his sword.

If already in melee range of unicorn:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

If not in melee range of unicorn:
Move to flank, then dart in (not charge) and strike

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

BlueWizard
2007-11-07, 01:06 AM
Arnat moves toward the unicorn, and can ready for its charge...

Dyeinon just clips the silvery hide of the unicorn, giving it a red nick. {d:3}
He steps off to the side.

Arnat's attack fails, and he is knocked aside as Kathris and the unicorn collide. Kathris slices up the unicorn badly{d:24}. The unicorn charges and suddenly disappears as if it wasn't there, though Kathris left it with nasty wounds.

BlueWizard
2007-11-08, 01:12 AM
Gethry caves are not far through the woods from where the unicorn attacked, and when you get to the rocky outcropping you see no cave.

Dyeinon, Kathris, and Tamis will quickly see the shrubbery covering some sort of camouflaged little outpost built right into the brush. Dyeinon will also see the bright white eyes of a tinker gnome.

Colt
2007-11-08, 06:58 AM
After seeing the unicorn teleport, Arnat resheaths his weapons, and follows the others towards the hills, upon arriving there, his whispers to Dyneion, I'm not seeing anything, are you?

psychoticbarber
2007-11-08, 11:13 AM
Dyeinon calmly draws and nocks an arrow, pulling it back and covering the Gnome. Ignoring his friends, he sneers, "Out in the open. Now."

stimpius
2007-11-08, 11:50 AM
Tamis

Wondering why Dyenion has suddenly pulled his bow back, Tamis will retreat a step, carefully have a look then loose an arrow if anything shows itself.

[roll0]
[roll1] - PB shot
[roll2] - PB shot

Kyroswolf
2007-11-08, 12:46 PM
Startled at Dyeinon actions "George" draws his axe and looks for what spooked the ranger.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kesnit
2007-11-08, 01:12 PM
D'pat jerks in shock and looks down at Dyeinon. What are you doing? Still confused, he pulls his weapon from his belt.

Lochar
2007-11-08, 03:25 PM
Kithas

Kithas looks around, ready.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-08, 03:47 PM
Silme lifts his sword, staring in the direction of Dyeinon's aim with a bloodthirsty gaze. He says, "Come out to die, pitiful wretch! Come meet your destiny!" His voice echoes with the promise of a swift and painful death.

Intimidate as a standard action, and try to see whatever's there.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BlueWizard
2007-11-08, 08:01 PM
Dyeinon's aim would have to be good to hit the gnome through the eye hole in the small structure. As the eyes dart Dyeinon's arrow flies! The arrow misses the gnome, and embeds itself in the frame of the tiny building.

There is noises of it scurrying away, INTO SOMETHING, and the sounds of bells being rung deep inside the rock.
You can all move and attack, but it won't prevent the alarm.

psychoticbarber
2007-11-08, 08:52 PM
Dyeinon snarls, "Too brave for his own good!", and begins looking for a gnome to slay.

BlueWizard
2007-11-08, 09:15 PM
Dyeinon will find the structure in the brush against the rock hides a small cave opening. No problem for Dyeinon to enter and stretch out, the rest of you will have to stoop. The structure blocks most of the cave, and there is definite sounds of activity coming from within.

psychoticbarber
2007-11-08, 09:35 PM
Dyeinon will scout ahead a little, but only about 30 feet or so.

{Pertinent Rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3487855&postcount=169)}

BlueWizard
2007-11-08, 11:56 PM
Dyeinon pushes ahead into the cave after some of the bigger guys move all the shrubs and gnome-post out of the way. He doesn't get far when he suddenly falls in a hole. Tamis will note it as the old camouflaged pit trap trick, this one covered by rock slabs. Dyeinon falls into darkness, and after a few seconds the trap will reset!

Dyeinon falls! Thunk! Right on his arse! Ouch! {d:13 8 of 23 now} He is now in darkness about 30 feet down, and in some pain!

Cogwheel
2007-11-09, 12:33 AM
Kathris sighs, a strange sound coming from a thri-kreen. Quickly but quietly, he moves into the cave, ducking, and tries to locate the pit. Once he finds it, he will climb in, grab Dyeinon and jump out.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Stealth/spot/listen rolls can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3488606&postcount=171).

psychoticbarber
2007-11-09, 09:03 AM
"Thank you Kathris."

{Dependant on that actually being successful, haha...}

Kyroswolf
2007-11-09, 10:31 AM
Gorganiean uses his axe to chop away the brush, then stands watch for any danger coming from the wood. If the rest of the party goes in, he will take a rearguard position.

[roll0]
[roll1]

stimpius
2007-11-09, 11:35 AM
Tamis

"Fools stand aside and let the person who knows what to do through."

Rolls if needed
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Kesnit
2007-11-09, 11:45 AM
D'pat

You expect me to fit in there..?

BlueWizard
2007-11-09, 03:41 PM
Katris practically falls into the hole when he tries to lift the trap-slab. Tamis aids him, and she is able to find the latch, and with brute strength can lift the slab with help. Then a rope can be lowered to Dyeinon. Kathris might be able to jump down, but could not jump up.

Most of the rest of you are crowded outside the small cave entrance.

BlueWizard
2007-11-09, 07:58 PM
About 30 feet down the hall, as Kathris aids in Dyeinon's escape with Tamis' instruction, and two small figures appear firing rapidly repeating crossbows. Rat-tat-tat-tat-tat

Many little bolts bounce off the thrikreen, but a few pierce his hide! {d:11} The bolts that fail to penetrate shatter to splinters, and for a bit the air around Kathris is pull of wood splinters. Dyeinon will soon feel wood shreds falling on him.

These are two tinker gnomes poised side-by-side 30 feet down the passage, on the other side of the 10 foot pit. Dyeinon is still down in the deep 30 foot hole.

Initiatives:
Tamis 15+5 aiding Dyeinon in pit
Kathris 14+5 in cave above pit
George 15+3 outside by entrance
Silme 14+3
Arnat 12+5
D'pat 11+3 eyeing cave entrance
Dyeinon 8+3 in pit
Kithas 4+0
Tinker Gnomes

psychoticbarber
2007-11-09, 10:01 PM
Dyeinon is going to direct his attention away from the battle above and look for anything in the pit that might open and result in his death.

[roll0]

Kesnit
2007-11-09, 11:26 PM
D'pat

Tge things I do to keep the others alive... D'pat muttered to himself, ducking into the cave and moving to attack the gnomes.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-09, 11:37 PM
Silme, who had followed behind the others as they entered the tunnel, cried out, "To the sides! Death comes for the tinker gnomes!" He then leapt across the pit to the forefront of the battle, his shield and sword in his hands. Brandishing naked blade and wolf-headed shield, he let out a guttural scream like of some hell spawned fiend come forth from the agony of the Abyss.

Run 10 feet down the hallway and jump across pit, ending 10 feet down the hall on the other side. After that, Intimidate the gnomes.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kyroswolf
2007-11-10, 12:20 AM
George follows Silme into the tunnel and Rages at the sight of the Gnomes. He attempts to jump the pit right behind Silme. Once on the other side he moves to attack the nearest gnome, laughing a hyena like bark as he moves in.

[roll0]
Applied full jump bonus, +1 rank, +4 for 40ft speed, +7 Raging Str mod, -2 ACP. Feel free to adjust the final score if it doesn't all apply.
Assuming I make it over and can reach the Gnomes
[roll1] -2 Power Attack
[roll2] +4 Power Attack
[roll3]
[roll4]

BlueWizard
2007-11-10, 01:04 AM
Tamis is doing what she can to make the pit trap not slide, and Kathris can help best by lowering a rope to Dyeinon. Kathris has already taken some hurt.

George the gnoll holds until Silme charges across the pit, barely making it!
Silme begins to threaten the gnomes, but instead is sprayed with needles from the wall. {d:4}

George follows suit, and is sprayed by the resetting trap of needles as well as he passes! {d:2} He bounds forward toward the gnomes and before he can batter them with his axe, the ceiling collapses on him nearly blocking the cave! {d:17} George is buried and slowed, and nearly killed. He is tough and able to shake it off. He can't act this round, and almost made it to the gnomes.

Arnat summons up his bass, in the woods as he sees his allies in trouble. He thinks he hears the distant Wub-Wub-Wub coming ever closer, but is probably miles away right now.

D'pat, seeing the destruction ahead can leap the pit, and risk the needle spray... {d:4} {Retro? He would be on the other side of the pit... and that ceiling is not going to reset...}

Dyeinon sees the outline of a doorway in the darkness of the rock. The only light is the dim bit coming in from the mouth of the cave, and then peeking down the 30 foot hole. He can hear Tamis above trying to aid him.

Kithas guards near the rear at the cave entrance. Arnat behind him.

The gnomes spray the rock-pile and gnoll with their rapidly repeating crossbows, and as he passes out from the pain, he can see the spinners whirl empty with a ring. {d:13} The gnoll is disabled!

End Round 2--------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Kathris 14+5 {in cave above pit} hp 7/18
Silme 14+3 {d:4} other side of pit
George: {charged the gnomes} hp 0/32
Arnat 12+5
D'pat 11+3 eyeing cave entrance d:4
Dyeinon 8+3 in pit
Kithas 4+0
Tinker Gnomes

Cogwheel
2007-11-10, 07:03 AM
Kathris looks around him, and then down at Dyeinon, before hissing

"Not now. I will return once the gnomes have been dealt with."

With that, he leaps across the pit, running toward the gnomes. Reaching the middle of the crowd, he takes a few swings at the nearest gnome.

Using Sudden Leap to jump as a swift action, proceed to run over to the gnomes, and use Wolf Fang Strike (attack with all weapons at -2 penalty, standard action) once there.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

Lochar
2007-11-10, 07:39 AM
Kithas

Kithas looks at the downed gnoll across the pit, then shrugs. "Stay down. I will heal you after this."

Colt
2007-11-10, 08:13 AM
Arnat plays a fast and urgent tune, while slowly edging towards the cave entrance, he yells to Tamis in Elvish "Tamis, we need to be fast, the ship is coming but still a ways away. Start getting everyone inside."

psychoticbarber
2007-11-10, 10:03 AM
Dyeinon is going to search for a way to open said door, strongly wishing that there aren't snakes or something in there.

Search Roll (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3495211&postcount=175) ...c'mon forum rollers don't fail me now..

Failing that, Dyeinon will put his back to the wall near the door, so that he may not be immediately evident if/when it opens and draw his sword.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-10, 10:22 AM
Silme shrugs off the needles and runs forward, leaping over the rubble and driving his sword into gnome flesh, sneering, "Invent your way out of this one, gnome scum!"

Silme runs over the pile of rubble and attacks one of the gnomes.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Kesnit
2007-11-10, 11:12 AM
I'll take the retro and have myself on the other side of the pit.

Die, maggots! D'pat swings his mace with all his might at the nearest gnome.

Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Add 1 to all of those if Arnat is using Inspire Courage.

BlueWizard
2007-11-10, 01:40 PM
Tamis will have lowered a rope into the dark pit trap.

Kathris leaves and leaps toward the tinker gnomes with machine gun-crossbows. He leaps through the resetting needle trap, which has a few less needles this round, but still stings Kathris as he passes! {d:4} He skips over George and the rubble with ease, and executes a tinker gnome chopping him into pieces! The machine gun-crossbow clatters to the ground, a backpack of cartridges opens on his back.

Silme moves forward and climbs over the rubble, he surprises the frightened gunner gnome, and Silme chops him to the ground. This gnome is dying, but not dead.

George can see his allies have just downed the gnomes ahead. He feels pretty awful and probably hopes Kithas comes to his aid soon.

Arnat starts singing, and inspires you all, because more is coming from within, and the alarm bells are ringing loudly! {Bard +1}

D'pat took the needle damage and moves up past the rubble and downed George. Kathris clogs the front of the passage, but Silme got his sword by to kill the other gnome on a difficult stab maneuver. These three are now at the point of the group.

Dyeinon sees no way to open the door, but finds that Tamis has lowered a rope to him. {OOC- I didn't look, but I am sure someone brought a rope.:smallcool: }

Kithas holds by the cave entrance, near Arnat outside.

Ahead in the small passage a jingling growl can be heard and bounding around it and charging at Kathris is an armored black bear, with metal claws on its paws It fills the passage! Behind it,sort of seen, are two armored tinker gnomes with heavy armor and medium shields, which look like tower shields on them. They also carry short swords. {Long swords for them.} The black bear bounds toward Kathris and batters him with his metal claw! {d:9} The Thrikreen drops! The bear snarls. The two armored gnomes move up carefully behind it.

End Round 3------------------------------>

Initiatives:
Kithas
Kathris 14+5 {DYING} hp -6 /18
Silme 14+3 {d:4} other side of pit
George: {DISABLED} hp 0/32
Arnat 12+5 {Bard +1}
D'pat 11+3 d:4
Dyeinon 8+3 in pit
Armored Black Bear!
Tinker Gnomes

stimpius
2007-11-10, 02:07 PM
Tamis

"Dyeinon, time to climb out boyo, something up here needing your help."

Tying the rope off securely against an outcropping of rock, she will move along the wall slowly attempting to find and then disable the needle trap so it doesn't hit anyone else.

[roll 0]
[roll 1]
[roll 2]

Damn - will roll in dice roller thread. Stupid not editing in rolls.

Lochar
2007-11-10, 02:23 PM
Kithas

If Kithas has a way around the pit trap, he'll move to the now dying thri-keen.

AFAIK, I don't have a way past the pit trap. If I do, then move to the idiot dead.

CMW: [roll0]

BlueWizard
2007-11-10, 03:36 PM
OOC- Battles go fast, and people are waiting for things, so...

Round 4:
Kithas will have to hold as Tamis is still fiddling with the pit trap. She sets it so the stone slab is propped open, and ties off the rope. She then nimbly leaps to the other side, and will begin to examine the needle trap. {OOC- It will be disarmed next round}

Kathris will slip ever closer to death... {-7}

Silme is right there and must attack! He slices through the black bear's plated barding. {D:8} He can see he hurt it, but the wound is small, on the big animal.

George waits for aid, and tries not to move too much.

Arnat moves in closer to the group, so all can hear his music.

D'pat then has the difficult task of getting an attack around Silme. He misses, due to the cramped quarters, and skips off the metal plates on the bear.

Dyeinon will climb to the top of the pit, and peek up and see Kithas holding nearby. Tamis is also near trying to disarm the needle trap. Dyeinon has a sore butt, but is out of the dark hole. {OOC- Unless he wants to figure a way out of that hole. Tamis might be best suited for that.:smallwink: }

Silme is slashed with the metal claws of the bear, and he feels the burn of these sharp gnome-built claws in his chest, ripping his chain mail a little. {d:7 and 7} The bear tries to bite him, but he deflects the teeth with his shield.

The two armored tinker gnomes behind hold, but turn and whistle to others behind them. These two drop back a bit. Silme and D'pat will just see a robed tinker gnome peering around the bend in the dark shadows. The deeper you go the dark it gets in this small cave.

End Round 4-------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Kithas
Tamis 15+5 disarming needle trap
Kathris 14+5 {DYING} hp -7 /18
Silme 14+3 {hp 12/30} by bear
Arnat 12+5 {Bard +1}
D'pat 11+3 d:4 behind Silme
Dyeinon 8+3 in pit
Armored Black Bear!
Tinker Gnomes

Kesnit
2007-11-10, 04:36 PM
D'pat

Die, you overgrown rug! D'pat screamed at the bear, reaching out with his unholy touch.

Deadly touch - melee touch attach
Damage: 6

Tar Palantir
2007-11-10, 05:48 PM
Silme growls at the bear, then shouts back behind him, "Could use some healing, before I get killed. If I do die, tell everyone I was killed by the bear, not the gnomes." He stabs at the bear with his deadly sword and swings his shield at its head.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-10, 05:49 PM
OOC: Screwed up rolls, sorry.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

BlueWizard
2007-11-10, 11:01 PM
OOC- 3 round day, but people are down, others are waiting. And the rest is stand and fight!

Round 5:
Tamis disarms the needle trap, and waves Kithas over in a safe manner.

Kithas has to leap the pit, but does so with careful instructions from Tamis. Kithas can then move to the rubble by George, but fallen Kathris is in the crowded hall, and practically under the feet of the armored bear.

{OOC- I could retro a healing spell on George here, I am sure he'd like it.}

Kathris continues to flicker in and out of life.... {-8}

Silme's attacks fail to penetrate the bear's heavy armor.

George may act and stand up if Kithas heals him, but the cave ahead will be too crowded to get at the bear.

Arnat moves in and can be at the entrance of the cave by the pit trap ready to jump it now. He is still playing his music. {The area on the other side of the pit is too crowded for him to make the leap safely right now.}

D'pat is able to reach by Silme and inflict wounds with his touch! {d:6} The bear snarls in anger.

Dyeinon is up and out, and can actually climb up to the other side of the pit to the action...

The bear claws Silme and and then nips at him! Silme crumples from the pain! {d: 8 and 4} Silme falls and is disabled... the angry bear will be making his way to D'pat.

The two armored gnomes move up and begin to grab Kathris' body.

As Arnat moves in and Dyeinon gets out of the hole and makes his move, a somewhat familiar elvish face appears and blasts the last three in the passage with a lightning bolt that sizzles you all! {d:15} Arnat is zotted on the spot and drops! {OOC- Failed save. He is dying at his current hp total.} Kithas and Dyeinon are able to shield themselves somewhat, but it still hurts. Dyeinon looks really bad! {at 1 hp}

The elf is the one who peered over the side of the ship, and is now hovering in the air just outside the cave entrance.

Out of a tree leaps Avery the assassin. She was invisible until now, watching and waiting. Perhaps away the whole time the elf was there, maybe not. She tackles the elf to the ground and fails to jab her poisoned dagger into his belly! "I have healing potions, get them to the wounded! Quickly! And kill this damn elf! I hate this guy!" She is VERY pissed for her assassination attempt failed! They are about 30 feet from the cave, now on the ground.

End Round 5------------------------------>
{OOC- Allies dropping like flies, but a hidden friend reveals herself!}

Initiatives:
Kithas
Kathris 14+5 {DYING} hp -8 /18
Silme 14+3 {hp 0 /30} by bear
Arnat 12+5 {Bard +1} hp -3
Dyeinon 8+3 in pit at 1 hp
Armored Black Bear!
Tinker Gnomes
Elven Sorcerer
Avery the Assassin!

Mid THOUGHT Retro: Kithas still had the undead old lady right? Well, Kithas can avoid the damage, and the woman would've been the one to take the damage. She will be destroyed at this point. I will go ahead and take away Kithas' damage.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-11, 08:16 AM
Silme lays silently on the ground, keeping his breathing low and silent, to avoid drawing further attention to himself.

stimpius
2007-11-11, 10:43 AM
Tamis

"Time for a dissappearing act. These fools are concentrating on the fight. Lets see if i can get past that stupid bear."

Plan is, rope for Deynion is there now, he can climb out. Kathris is being dragged off. Move action to move along 20 foot or so and melt into the shadows. Standard action to surprise attack one of the tinker gnomes dragging him hopefully dropping it.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

BlueWizard
2007-11-11, 03:17 PM
OOC- Most of you are down or out so I am pushing this...

Retro: Kithas can have touched and healed George last round with no trouble.
GEORGE back up! +13

Round 6:
There is no way Tamis can see or even get to Kathris beyond the chaotic mess in front of her. She can move forward near the rubble

Kithas could squeeze up and cast defensively to heal Silme. {OOC- To better help the party, I will have Kithas cast CLW on Silme.} Kithas can climb over the rubble, squeezing by rubble and George, and just touch Silme as he lays near D'pat's feet battling the bear! Kithas is also squeezing by Tamis who has pushed to the front. {+11 to Silme, good roll!}

Kathris is probably not going to make it.... {-9}

Silme can carefully roll away, and stand up behind Tamis, George, and Kithas safely. Remember this is a crowded cave...

George was up and willing to make a difficult attack by D'pat. He tries to hit his axe by D'pat and fumbles! He actually hits D'pat, but luckily the paladin's armor protected him.

Arnat dies a little more.... {OOC- Unless there is an update he wants to PM me about...} {-4} No bard music right now.

D'pat stabs the bear right in a gap in the shoulder plates and it drops! {d:11} He hits an artery, and the armored bear is now dying! It collapses very little, and you will have a lot of trouble to squeeze by the dying bear.

Dyeinon is caught in the crowd of the cave... but he could do a prep action... to crowded too even make a shot right now.

One armored gnome steps forward and waves the other gomes to continue on dragging the Thrikreen retreating down the hall. The one not dragging Kathris, will step up and do his best to approach while hiding behind his body-shield.
{OOC- It will take a full movement to get to the other side of the armored dead bear and the gnome here is 15 feet away from that. Only D'pat and George can even see the gnome.}

The elven sorcerer steps away from Avery and targets her with a lightning bolt which she fails to EVADE! She takes the pain and tries again to stab the elf with her poisoned dagger. She screams into the cave, "I'M helping YOU HERE! Don't leave me to kill this one! That'll only piss me off!" All of you who are not dying hear this. Arnat is dying near by.
She speaks to Tamis in Thieves Cant.
OOC- I use the old thieves cant in my games, and all thieves have it. If you learn it and are not a thief, you better have a good backstory, and I might charge a feat. It is a combination of signals, whistles, and speech sounds. Sometime Morse-type codes were used, all it very complex, and esoteric.
"Tamis, I am sure they taught you the old way. I have potions and scrolls. I think you guys could use them, but I only have so many, so lets not use'm all up at once!"

End Round 6--------------------->
OOC- Most of you are crowded in the cave. Avery, your secret help, is in trouble.

Initiatives:
Kithas
Kathris 14+5 {DYING} hp -9 /18
Silme 14+3 {hp 11 /30} by bear
George: hp 13/32
Arnat 12+5 hp -4
Dyeinon 8+3 in pit at 1 hp
Armored Black Bear!- SLAIN!
Tinker Gnomes
Elven Sorcerer
Avery the Assassin!

OOC- Since time will pass to get by the bear with little action, I may post the next round.

stimpius
2007-11-11, 05:33 PM
Tamis

"Some-one heal that thi-kreen just stabalise him dammit! George if you can get him or get someone to him - i'll find you a fresh woman all to yourself after this!"

Then she will spin, 30 foot away from that stupid elven sorcere attempt to hide as she moves so he looses sight of her (im guessing he was focusing on Avery therefore not on me letting me hide then Sneak attack him). Then launch an arrow at him hopefully making him feel very very damaged.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Tar Palantir
2007-11-11, 06:17 PM
Silme shouts at the spellcaster, attempting to distract him. He cries out, "Your mother was a kobold and your father had a beard!" He then proceeds to make other less than flatering comments about the elf, his parentage, and his people in general every time the elf opens his mouth.

Shout insults to distract the elf whenever he attempts to speak, making them as rude and irritating as possible :smalltongue:

Lochar
2007-11-11, 08:01 PM
If Kithas can reach the bear, he'll convert a cure moderate to cause moderate, otherwise, he'll attempt to heal the thri-keen if he can reach him.

Either DMM Fell Animate on the bear which will raise it as a zombie next round, or cure moderate on whoever needs it besides Kathris. Sorry buddy!

Cure or Cause moderate wounds: [roll0]

Bear gets +4 str and +2 HP per HD if I raise it because of corpsecrafter

Cogwheel
2007-11-11, 08:08 PM
Kathris bleeds defiantly in the bear's general direction.

Figured I'd try it, let me know if it's too much:smalltongue:

BlueWizard
2007-11-11, 08:47 PM
Round 7:
Tamis ducks a bit, can fire off a dangerous shot into melee! {OOC- I will allow sneak attack, if she holds for the elf's action...} She will move into the brush now, just outside the cave, and be hidden.

Kithas can get to the bear if he holds until people move out of his way...

Silme is on the edge of the pit and looks out the cave, and can see the dark masked assassin lady battling the flying elf. He will begin his taunts.

George continues his bold charge listening to Tamis. He smashes by and beyond the bear. {DM action and seems to be what he does anyway...} He just gets through and cuts low on the heavily armored gnome, who puts up almost no fight, as George cuts through his shield! {d:22} George gets a mighty attack off and cuts off the gnome's legs! The gnome would scream were it not for shock. The gnoll also sees the last of Kathris' ooze come out, and all vital signs cease on the Thirkreen.
{OOC- Kathris is dead. This was a tough game, and the Thrikreen a bit reckless. Thanks for playing cog-n-taz, no problem on the post.:smallcool: }

Arnat dies a little more... {OOC- Still waiting for his PC update. :smallfrown: } hp -5

D'pat is pushed out of the lead by the eager gnoll, and can then move by the bear and near the now legless dead tinker gnome.

Kithas can move NOW to the bear, and can create the undead monster from the armored bear! {OOC- Ugg! And badass, at the same time. } The bear is behind D'pat and George currently. Kithas can hear the distant robed gnome mutter, "Uh-oh.." In gnomish, which is similiar to the dwarvish form...

Dyeinon sets up for a held shot also on the elven sorcerer, trying to stay farther away than Tamis, since he is in BAD shape. He tries to stay safe.

The last gnome in armor squeals and in gnomish tells the robed tinker gnome to flee in haste around the bend. The heavily armored tinker gnome drops Kathris dead body, and flees around the corner.

Tamis and Dyeinon see the elf try to cast as he flies up and away from Avery. Tamis whacks the priest hard in the arm with an arrow, but the skilled sorcerer is able to focus and get his next attack spell off! {d:11} Dyeinon's shot misses by a lot!

The elf zots Avery again with electricity! And she fails her Evade again! She collapses crispy fried and the elf is now sixty feet in the air! Avery is dying near Arnat now at the cave entrance. The elf is looking about for Tamis...

End Round 7------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Kathris is DEAD
Silme 14+3 {hp 11 /30} taunting elf
Arnat 12+5 hp -5
Kithas and his armored zombie bear
Tinker Gnomes
Tamis
Dyeinon 1 hp
Elven Sorcerer
Avery the Assassin is down!

Lochar
2007-11-11, 08:53 PM
Kithas directs his new pet to kill any remaining gnomes and the sorcerer, while he moves to Avery.

"Apologies Avery, I needed to get a distraction for your opponent there." He reaches out, touching her.

Cure Light. [roll0]

BlueWizard
2007-11-11, 08:57 PM
Kithas is deep in the cave.
The elf is outside in the air now.

Kyroswolf
2007-11-11, 10:45 PM
George speaks quickly to D'pat, "Lets end these gnomes' misery!" He then steps to the next gnome and swings for it's head. "Tonight I dine on your blood."

[roll0]If his rage continues then this should be +9, but I would have -2 for Power Attack so roll is the same
[roll1]This would be come +14. 3 more from extra strength and 4 more from Power Attack.

stimpius
2007-11-12, 02:31 AM
Tamis

Well if the elf boy is looking for me I won't be able to hide. So i'll hold till his action fire the arrow and hopefully distract him and break his concentration.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Cogwheel
2007-11-12, 02:54 AM
The last thing he saw was the bear's claw, slamming into him, sending him flying toward the ground. he desperately tried to resist, but he was struck all the same, and the side of his head erupted in a shower of blood as he fell, succumbing to the darkness that was creeping swiftly in on his vision. he lay there for a time, swimming in the seas of unconciousness, until the darkness began to take distinct forms.

he saw himself, on the plains, running across them with the rest of his long-forgotten tribe's hunters, hunting the wild beasts of the praerie, a boomerang and sword in hand. Such days continued for a few years, until his time came to leave the tribe.

And then he saw himself once more, hardly even a year later, laid out on a stone table, chained to it, in great pain. his arms were no more, those arms that had caught the beasts on the plain so recently. In their place, the robed man that stood over him had put twisted claws of glass, taken from golems. his tribe, along with this traitorous world, had betrayed him to the wizard, forced him into the man's hands - he was sure of it, his confidence as firm and steady as the mountains that ringed his homelands. Though anger burned in his heart, and he wished fervently to strike the man down, he could do nothing, both then and now.

Yet all beings make mistakes, sooner or later. When the wizard released him, admiring his creation, Kathris took his chance. his claw piercing his enemy, ripping out the other side, the wizard bursting into a shower of blood and bone, falling to the ground. Immediately, Kathris left, running toward the nearest city.

There he had hunted, taking his revenge on the world that had betrayed him, taking some small comfort in their deaths, in the little justice he could forge within the world.

Then came the guild, recruiting him for their mission. Though he was loathe to serve them, it was a chance to continue his hunt elsewhere, and he took it.

There, he had met this group that stood around him. The day that Kithas had saved him from the brink of death with his magic, the world in his eyes had changed. here was one, perhaps, that he could trust. here was one that might prove true, one that would not betray him. Perhaps, at long last, he had found an ally in this world.

What a fool he had been.

There he lay, his eyes opening with great effort, crusted over with the blood spilling from his head. he saw the dwarf, standing near him, looking into his eyes. his eyes were not pleading, not begging - though he did not welcome death, after seeing the world as it was, it did not seem like such a loss to him. Yet there was a trust within him now, a trust that the dwarf would save him from this fate with his magic.

And then, all the hope that remained in his world turned its back, and walked away.

Kithas had left him to die. And perhaps that was what he deserved, fool that he had been.

As death creeps around him, darkness taking him once more, he smiles. A world like this would soon devour itself, as a serpent turns on its own tail. he would not be alive to see it, but perhaps, he would have his justice after all...

And then, leaving his body cold and blood-soaked, what little remained of Kathris Terall's tortured soul left this world at last.

Colt
2007-11-12, 07:55 AM
Arnat, not being entirely happy with the idea of dying, but slowly becoming resigned to it, begins composing his dramatic final words in case it comes to that.

OOC: Sorry about the HP thing, for some reason, i must have hit reset on the sheet instead of save when i leveled up I think i'm still negative though. If it works out, and I was still conscious enough to cast, I do have CLW that I could use.

BlueWizard
2007-11-12, 10:42 PM
Silme holds the middle ground, and can no longer see the elf, for he flew up.

George pushes forward and hacks down the 2nd armored gnome! {d:17}

Arnat was stunned by the bolt, and can now return to playing his music! {OOC- He is a at 1 hp, due to correction.} Arnat will duck into the cave away from the elf, leap the pit, and stay safely near Silme. BARD +1

D'pat tries to push by George and trips, clogging this small passage.

Kithas moves out of the cave, and D'pat and George will notice that the bear is standing and slowly shambling about, trying to turn around in the small cave. {The armored bear will begin to make its way next round. George and D'pat are in the way at the moment.} Kithas can make a full move to get near Avery, but won't be able to heal the fried assassin-lady yet, after leaping the pit and heading back out of the cave.

The robed tinker gnome flees away at top speed around the bend leaving the front ranks unhindered at the moment.

Tamis strikes the flying elf as she moves a little bit toward the mouth of the cave, balancing over the pit trap. {d:5}

Dyeinon fires an arrow at the elven sorcerer, but misses.

Tamis and Dyeinon shots were timed on the elf's actions...
The elf brings out a scroll and reads it. He focuses hard under the damage and then disappears invisibly!

End Round 8-------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Silme {hp 11 /30}
Arnat 12+5 hp 1 BARD +1
Kithas and his armored zombie bear
Tinker Gnomes
Tamis
Dyeinon 1 hp
Elven Sorcerer
Avery the Assassin is down!

Lochar
2007-11-13, 08:31 AM
Kithas

"Assassin's don't stop until the target is dead, do they Avery?" Kithas questions, laying a hand on her.

Cure Light: [roll0]
Come on good roll!

Kyroswolf
2007-11-13, 10:02 AM
George flattens himself against the wall to allow the bear past, then follows it hoping to get in a few hacks at some gnomes.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-13, 04:57 PM
Silme, realizing his uselessness against the wizard as long as she is invisible, moves farther down the tunnel, just past all of the others, and guards against any more gnomes.

Move just past the last of the others down the hall, and ready an attack against any gnomes coming within reach.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Colt
2007-11-13, 10:32 PM
Arnat, realizing he's seriously injured, descides to stay in the hole and continue playing.

Inspire Courage +1

BlueWizard
2007-11-13, 11:18 PM
Silme takes point and moves farther down the hall... as he rounds the bend a noisy electrical explosion shocks and fries Silme on the spot! {d:16} Silme is dying. {-3}

George will hold and wait for the armored zombie bear to pass....

Arnat holds his ground on the former Needle-trap area and continues his inspiring music.

D'pat will hold by George...

Kithas can make Avery feel a lot better and her first conscious response is to look at her messed up potion and scroll bag. "Ah man!"

The armored undead bear moves slowly forward and gingerly steps over downed Silme.

George and D'pat can move behind the bear and be by Silme on the ground dying.

Tamis and Dyeinon hold their arrow shots waiting for the elf to appear.

The elven sorcerer looks annoyed as he reappears, reading a scroll.
He launches a pea at Kithas and Avery, that explodes into a ball of fire! The fireball actually goes into the cave hitting Dyeinon and Tamis in the brush, who are still setting-up and waiting for his shot by the mouth of the cave.

Tamis evades the blast, but Dyeinon does not, and the limp ranger hobbit flips backwards into the pit trap. VERY DEAD!
Avery also evades it! Finally!
Kithas doesn't dodge it, and is hurt. {d:15}

Tamis gets her shot off on the visible elf-man, and gets an excellent shot off!
{Not sneak now. d:6} The elf is looking worse, but still hanging in.

End Round 9----------------------------->
{OOC- With Psycho dropping I repositioned the fireball center.}

Initiatives:
Avery the Assassin
Silme {hp -3 /30}
Arnat 12+5 hp 1 BARD +1
Kithas {d:15} and his armored zombie bear
D'pat d:4
Tamis
Dyeinon 1 hp
Elven Sorcerer

stimpius
2007-11-14, 02:24 AM
Tamis

"God Damn it Elf Boy. Your really starting to pee me off now."

With she will will knock an arrow. Pull back the string, and launch a shot at the elf boy. Again holding till it looks as if he is starting a spell and attempting to disrupt it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tar Palantir
2007-11-14, 07:39 AM
As he is fried, Silme cries out in a combination of agony and swear words, loudly enough to be heard by the others.

Colt
2007-11-14, 08:06 AM
Arnat, seeing Silme fall, sets his bass down, and runs towards him, attempting to avoid any fighting or traps in between. upon getting close (assuming I can reach him this turn) he drags him back a bit, then attempts to heal him.

CLW [roll0]

BlueWizard
2007-11-14, 11:44 PM
Avery is up and on her feet. She is searching her charred bag for anything she can find, and currently is quite pissed off. She seeks shelter in the trees away from the cave.

Silme is dying by the bend ahead.... {-4}:smalleek:

Arnat can rush forward, and JUST get to touch him as he stretches out this round! {+4} Silme is stabilized and can wake back up. He is still disabled, and should be careful. He can see he's in the middle of the group safe at the moment.

Lochar will retreat back into the cave after the fireball and leap over the pit and remain ducked by the rubble.

The zombie bear pushes on, withstanding and setting off two more glyph traps! The traps have all been tripped, and the group has moved a bit past the bend. From here the passage will begin to go steeply down into the earth.

George and D'pat follow closely behind their badly injured undead bear-friend.

Tamis tries to stays in the shadows, her shot only grazing him, and he does see her. {d:2}

Instead the elf reads another scroll! Tamis hits him again for damage, but is unable to mess this focused elf's concentration. {d:4 no sneak!} The scroll causes the elf to disappear, and then he will be gone!

Combat for the moment has ended!-------------------------->

The elf will retreat invisibly high in the air.
The alarm bells are still ringing.
But, at the moment you can afford to recover from that deadly combat!

Avery will even pop back in the cave entry way with a few of healing potions. "All the good scrolls are gone, but I have a few potions here. Remember, the Guild's looking out for you guys, but we expect success. Try not lose any more of you guys, it gets expensive to train people like you."
{3 CLW and 2 CMW potions}

She will then dart off into the woods and disappear into the shadowy woods, "I'm not following you in there Tamis, so be careful." She will say with a little humor, and wink before disappearing.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-15, 05:23 PM
Silme waves Tamis over. "Send one of those potions over here," he says. "I've got some gnomes I'd like to introduce to my sword."

Lochar
2007-11-15, 05:29 PM
Kithas

Kithas mentally commands the bear to stop and attempt to block off as much of the area ahead as it can with it's body.

Kyroswolf
2007-11-15, 05:32 PM
"George" motions to Tamis as well, once he discovers the bear won't be moving forward, "I'd like a potion as well. The ceiling hurts."

Lochar
2007-11-15, 05:35 PM
Kithas

"The bear will provide cover and a block from other gnomes while we take a few moments to collect ourselves."

Kesnit
2007-11-15, 07:24 PM
D'pat

D'pat nods to the dwarf. Good thinking with the bear. Mentally he berates himself for being so ineffective in this fight.

stimpius
2007-11-16, 06:21 AM
Tamis

"I would suggest we save the potions for when they are needed. Keep the bear as cover for now we can rest if needed."

With this climb into hole check out the door that was found and of course rescue Dyenions body.

Colt
2007-11-16, 09:18 AM
Realizing he's still rather injured, Arnat stays near the back of the group as the move through the tunnel.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-16, 06:05 PM
Silme leans forward, still badly wounded but able to stand. He says, "I believe with our fallen halfling friend, and more particularly, his share of the money. I personally recommend that half of it goes to Kithas, as we would all be dead many times over if not for him. The rest can be split evenly." While still distrustful of clerics in general, Silme is beginning to take a liking to Kithas, particularly his healing spells.

BlueWizard
2007-11-16, 10:18 PM
Dyeinon's remains are charred, and broken, and if he had melted gold coins on him, it is amid gunk, and may take some time to find.

As you all safely recover in the cave with the 'blocking bear', a familiar old voice startles you from the disarmed Needle-trap square. Appearing before you is Merianna in her fine hooded black robe, and a man in armor.
The old wizardess cackles, "Looks like you need some expensive help. Be careful with this one. They're all yours Hiram."

{OOC- Welcome Maurkov. Describe Hiram, give a greeting... or don't. And Welcome to the Hall of Evil.}

Before Merianna suddenly teleports away she'll say to you all, "I suggest you be more cautious. These tinker gnomes are crafty."

Maurkov
2007-11-17, 11:49 AM
Hiram

"Thank you, Merianna," says the one called Hiram, bowing with practiced grace, "I've been looking forward to this."

Hiram is a human of average height and better than average build, dark hair, pale skin, and hypnotic blue eyes. He wears a navy blue tabard over a steel breastplate and is armed with an expensive looking longsword. His holy symbol is a lump of lead in the shape of a raised fist. His smile vanishes as he turns to appraise the group, but slowly returns. "Kithas, I presume?" he asks the dwarf.

Hiram makes no mention of the giant that attends him. It is at least eight feet tall and clad in fighting leathers. A massive helm hides its face.

Lochar
2007-11-17, 12:03 PM
Kithas

"Aye. Who's the monstrosity with you?"

Kesnit
2007-11-17, 12:19 PM
D'pat

As D'pat studies the newcomer, his eyes fall on the holy symbol. I see you follow...

OOC: I don't know who! :smallsmile:

Knowledge(Religion): [roll0]

Maurkov
2007-11-17, 01:04 PM
Hiram

"Minion, remove your helmet," says Hiram without turning. The giant complies, revealing the rictus and empty eye sockets of a skeletal ogre.

"I see you follow...""Power."

"I've followed your career, Kithas. I look forward to working with you." Addressing the others he says, "With my background, I'm used to giving orders and having them executed without question-- Minion, put your helmet back on. I understand that your methods differ. Lets try to make allowances for each other."

Lochar
2007-11-17, 01:06 PM
Kithas

"That works for me, although I question how well your companion there will be able to fit in these tunnels. Either way, having extra power along doesn't hurt in the least."

stimpius
2007-11-17, 01:58 PM
Tamis

Bah, who cares who they have sent. Another person won't be to bad. They rile me up, they go down though. They always do.

With that thought she won't give a second look towards Merinna except a slight tip of her head and scramble down the rope to the door.

Take as long as is needed to get safely down the rope.

At the bottom, search for some way to operate the door AND for traps. Traps being foremost in her mind after the incident with the corridor.

[roll0] - cant remember exact mod - TTW is down. think its +11
[roll1] - cant remember exact mod - TTW is down. think its +9 or +10

both without having points from the level we just got added on.

Colt
2007-11-17, 04:43 PM
Arnat nods shiftily to the newcomer, and then searches the fallen gnomes, taking anything of value, and tossing the repeating crossbow and it's ammo in his backpack.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-17, 10:23 PM
Silme sighs at the arrival of the newcomer, then says, "Since I assume you are a cleric, do you have any healing spells? Some of use are still rather injured."

BlueWizard
2007-11-18, 05:30 PM
OOC- Have you all used the potions? Please update hit points in next IC post.

Tamis can squeeze to the front, by the undead armored bear {which is badly hurt}, but so far the bear has pushed pretty far ahead.

The passage will go straight down. Eventually a large boulder will block your path, and noise and commotion can be heard on the boulder's opposite side.

OOC- Internet was down, sorry about delayed post.:smallannoyed:

Kyroswolf
2007-11-18, 05:49 PM
OOC: George has neither received healing or drank a potion. Apparently they are being horded. Current HP: 16/32 or 27/43 if we ever got the previously mentioned XP.

Gorganeian's reaction to the newcomer appears to be the same as his first reaction to anyone. <Gnoll>"Wonder what he tastes like."</Gnoll> His response to the newcomers statements is also no more than than the group expects, "I don't like you. I don't like your pet either." He then turns to Kithas, "Do you have healing? We are still injured." He indicates himself, Silme, and Dpat.

Lochar
2007-11-18, 07:00 PM
Kithas

((Are we leveled? I've got healing if so, if not, I have 1 CLW))

Maurkov
2007-11-18, 07:31 PM
Hiram

"Yes, I can heal if you will submit to the spells. And what a charming mascot you have. Is it house trained?"

{CMWx2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3540247&postcount=181): +18 for Silme, +14 for D'pat}

Tar Palantir
2007-11-18, 08:18 PM
OOC: Silme's at 22/34 now.

Silme nods appreciatively as his wounds are wiped away by the magic flowing through him, and he says, "Thank you. Now, do we have a plan for dealing with the tinker gnomes, or are we just going to charge blithly in to be slaughtered as usual? The best plan I've come up with so far is to send George, D'Pat and me in first, with the clerics right behind the gnoll and me, and archers behind them. The three of us engage in melee combat, the clerics stay close to keep us healed and the paladin healing himself if needed. The ranged combatants come in behind and pick out whatever targets seem to most need shooting, and we continue until they are all dead. Anyone have anything else?"

Kyroswolf
2007-11-18, 08:39 PM
George

"As long as I can slaughter these pitiful creatures, that is fine with me. I would however like to point out that I am still quite wounded."

He looks pointedly at the newcomer with his last sentence.

Maurkov
2007-11-18, 10:44 PM
Hiram

"You seem more than capable in melee. Their advantage, then, is in terrain and archery. I think I can neutralize it. This," he says, indicating a signal horn on his belt, "creates a magical fog which will slowly roll forward. If we use it to cover our advance, we can take our time dealing with whatever surprises the gnomes have devised."

Hiram fails to notice George's pointed look.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-18, 10:48 PM
Silme nods slowly. "That is a good idea. Also, if you have any more healing left, I believe that our canine friend could use some, before he decides to do something rash and violent. I can't say he's very subtle, but I can't deny his ferocity or effectiveness. Kithas, if you have any healing you could spare for George, that would work just as well."

Lochar
2007-11-18, 10:54 PM
Kithas

Kithas nods to George. "Fight as a devil, not as a beast, George." Kithas then lays a hand on his shoulder.

CMW on George:
Ouch, sorry George!
On self, CLW: [rol]1d8+4
Rerolled in dice roller thread, as I fubar'd this one. Healed 11 on self.

Maurkov
2007-11-18, 11:31 PM
Hiram

Hiram glances at George while Kithas administers healing. "If it is rash and violent as you say, returning it to full health is not in my interest."

"Kithas, are you ready?"

((How narrow is this tunnel? Is a large/tall creature going to fit?))

Kesnit
2007-11-19, 03:31 AM
D'pat

D'pat looked at the fighter in surprise. The Dark Lord does not grace me with healing. Much to my dismay, I, too, am reliant on the 'goodness' of our clerics for my continuing health. He paused. However, the rest of your plan is a good.

OOC: Paladins of Tyranny don't get Lay on Hands. They get Deadly Touch.

OOC 2: I was only down 4 HP. If George wants to take the 14 HP I got from the CMW, I can make do with a CLW.

BlueWizard
2007-11-19, 03:39 AM
OOC- The hulking friend of Hiram can crawl and squeeze, and can guard the rear at a safe distance. The bear will take point. If time is spent, the ogre can move to the front as everyone gets out of the cave and out of the way. The ogre could probably move the boulder without a problem. The bear could with effort, but is badly wounded.

Kithas can sense that the chamber beyond is larger, judging by the echoes and activity. When you are all set, the chosen lackey can move the boulder, and the path can continue into the Lair of the Tinker Gnomes!

Colt
2007-11-19, 07:20 AM
Anrat adds in, If possible, I could do with a minor healing as I am still quite injured, and I only have One more healing spell myself.

OOC: HP:1/17

Lochar
2007-11-19, 07:24 AM
Kithas

"Use one of the potions Avery left, if someone hasn't drank them all."

Kyroswolf
2007-11-19, 10:03 AM
George thanks Kithas flamboyantly, showing far more respect than he actually has for the cleric, if only to spite the newcomer. He then gathers the greataxe and move toward the front of the party.

Now at 23/32 hp. Suppose that will do. George and Hiram are going to have quite a stand off if this keeps up.

Maurkov
2007-11-19, 03:37 PM
Hiram

Hiram moves to the mouth of the tunnel, aims carefully, and sound the horn. A ball of fog pours forth and rolls slowly forward down the hall. Hiram stands aside and lets the others enter. "Minion, follow 30' behind. Warn me if something approaches."

George and Hiram are going to have quite a stand off if this keeps up.This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last.
-- Oscar Wilde

What are we using for light, btw? Note that with Kithras's feats, the bear is stronger than the ogre. I hope we can spare some inflict wounds spells to keep it going.

Kyroswolf
2007-11-19, 03:47 PM
George moves near the front of the group, making sure to step on Hiram's foot as he passes. When George gets to the bear he will wait for the beast to move the boulder out of the way, and keep 5 ft between him and the bear.

George has 60' darkvision, he isn't worried about a torch or such.

Tar Palantir
2007-11-19, 03:59 PM
Silme also makes his way to the front, to the left of George, and readies his sword and shield. He says, "Someone can light a torch if they have one. Gnomes can see in the dark, so the light could only help us. As soon as the boulder is moved, pick your targets. Remember, fast and deadly. Watch for anyplace that could be trapped. D'Pat, stay close to the bear if possible, use some negative energy to keep it going if you can. Tamis, ready your bow. Arnat, get ready to start playing. Let's send these gnomes to the Abyss!"

Maurkov
2007-11-19, 07:18 PM
Hiram

Hiram grins at George's back. He follows the others into the tunnel.

BlueWizard
2007-11-19, 09:00 PM
With the Bear in the lead, and fog and ogre behind, the group readies to move the boulder.

The armored bear has to set its feet, and pushes hard into the boulder, and it slowly moves the rock. Beyond is a dark chamber, and when the opening is about 2 feet wide, a spray of mini-bolts from the darkness covers the armored bear. Most of the little bolts splinter into dust on the armor, but some riddle the bear's face, and it finally drops!

The boulder is only partially moved! Only a gnome could fit through easily. Maybe an elf.

Initiatives:
Arnat 20+5
D'pat 19+3
Silme 16+3
Kithas 13+0
George 5+3
Tamis 1+5
Hiram 5-5 {Unreactive?! I've never seen someone this low!}

Tar Palantir
2007-11-19, 10:21 PM
Silme, swearing at the accursed gnomes, says, "George, D'Pat, help move this boulder some more! Tamis, lay down some covering fire. Clerics and Arnat, any spells that could help, use them! I'm not going to be killed by a bunch of gnomes!" He then throws his shoulder against the boulder and begins pushing.

I hate gnomes.

[roll0]

Kyroswolf
2007-11-19, 10:47 PM
Cursing at the bears ineffectivness, George throws his own strength into moving the boulder.

[roll0]
I'm assuming this would be an assist roll.

Maurkov
2007-11-20, 12:26 AM
Hiram

"Do not attack until we are all through the gap," says Hiram in a voice accustomed to command. Holding forth his holy symbol, he speaks soothingly(?!), but forcefully, releasing a spell that seems to suck all the energy out of the battle.

(Spellcraft DC17)casting Calm Emotions into the room beyond. If Hiram had a chance to cast it last round, he will continue to concentrate on it this round.

stimpius
2007-11-20, 02:22 AM
Tamis

Time to play...

She will walk forwards to near the boulder keeping the bear just to the front and loose an arrow at any likely target.

[roll0]
[roll1]
+1 to both if within 30 foot. :)

Kesnit
2007-11-20, 05:07 AM
D'pat

D'pat snarls at the bear, then the gnomes. When I get through here, I will pick one and use it as a toothpick, he mutters.

Taking a deep breath, he joins the others at the stone.

STR check: [roll0]

Colt
2007-11-20, 07:28 AM
Arnat draws his bass up, and begins to play a long slow melody, that gradually speeds up. As he plays he readies a Magic Missile in his mind.

Inspire Courage +1, everyone get the +1 on attack and damage

BlueWizard
2007-11-20, 02:53 PM
Arnat plays his inspiring music, a low tone that seems to pump you up for the battle! {+1 Bardic Inpiration}

It is too crowded for all of you to get near the stone. The passage barely fits two humans side-by-side if they squeeze.

D'pat is forced to hold, as he is behind George and Silme, and these two are pushing forward to move the boulder more...

Silme moves next to George, and they will have to wait to work together...

George and Silme feel a spray of small crossbow bolts burst on their armor. {Unharmed! :smallcool: }They can tell their armor protected them as they taste wood splinters in the briefly clouded air around them. The two warriors have pushed the boulder open to a large dark chamber. Strange large structures, difficult to make out in the darkness, can be barely seen with lowlight from the cave. The spray of wooden bolts came from the structures.

Tamis has a shot now, though difficult. She fires off into the darkness in a direction the many bolts came from. Her arrow misses, and snaps on some distance metal structure.

Hiram targets his spell deeper into the darkness towards where he heard the shots come from ahead. It is difficult from his position in the small cave, and he can't tell of his results.

End Round 1------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
D'pat
Arnat 20+5
Kithas 13+0
Silme
George 5+3
Tamis 1+5
Gnomes
Hiram 5-5

Maurkov
2007-11-20, 03:38 PM
Hiram

"Minion, to me."

Hiram concentrates on his spell as he advances. He tsks over the corpse of the bear. As they say, "What a waste of undead flesh." He uses the boulder for cover while he assesses the gnomes' deployment and fortifications.

In here is the ceiling high enough for the ogre to be effective? Please let me know when it becomes obvious that the Calm Emotions has been broken. If that's already the case by the time his init comes up, he'll be on full defense instead of concentrating (same move). If the spot behind the boulder is occupied, he'll remain in the cave. Can Hiram identify any leaders or spell casters?