PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Celestial Adept, The Equinox of Pathfinder. P.E.A.C.H. Please!

Cestes
2018-09-21, 08:18 PM
I have been playing in a Ponyfinder game with a homebrew setting, and I wanted to play a class that met this list of "Must Haves"

#1 - Must be able to heal effectively
#2 - Must be able to Initiate martial maneuvers
#3 - Must have the capability to work as a melee-striker/assassin
#4 - Must have versatility
#5 - Must have abilities that I consider to be "fun" and "interesting to play"
#6 - Must fit somewhat with both my character and the setting

Well, obviously I had a touch of trouble finding a class that met this list. Maybe I missed a few classes that would have worked, but it led me to make a class that I have had fun every step of the way in the creation. I call it the Celestial Adept! It switches between "Celestial Attunements" (Sun and Moon) which give you a few extra maneuvers of either the Radiant Dawn (Sun) or Veiled Moon (Moon) disciplines. I hope you guys enjoy looking at it/(maybe) playing it, as much as I enjoyed making it! So with no further ado, please be merciful to my brainchild!

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A9ZMA0iiWxxxey_jxI-IS-BbgRYQY1nVWIdyrct-mlo/edit?usp=sharing

(And yes, that is a Warframe reference in the title of the post)

khadgar567
2018-09-22, 05:47 AM
#7 might well as have twilight sparkle casting from three lists.

Cestes
2018-09-22, 09:31 AM
I'm sorry? Could you explain your post a bit further? I didn't quite understand what you mean by that. I tried to limit their ability to cast spells somewhat, especially since they get Maneuvers, and a they have the possibility to use Akashic magic.

khadgar567
2018-09-22, 12:44 PM
I'm sorry? Could you explain your post a bit further? I didn't quite understand what you mean by that. I tried to limit their ability to cast spells somewhat, especially since they get Maneuvers, and a they have the possibility to use Akashic magic.
well it feels to me little to strong since the first six things you want from class basicly makes you flexable enough to be tier one like wizard so the quoted cast like twilight sparkle from three lists quote. and i look at the class you might want to re think the fluff you want to use.

Cestes
2018-09-22, 02:08 PM
well it feels to me little to strong since the first six things you want from class basicly makes you flexable enough to be tier one like wizard so the quoted cast like twilight sparkle from three lists quote. and i look at the class you might want to re think the fluff you want to use.

This was built to fill a very specific niche, and as such, so it is possible that it might look too flexible when compared to vanilla content. I attempted to get the healing/buffing (#1) from Radiant Dawn and Silver Crane, both of which are fully within the Path of War bounds. The Initiating part (#2) is fairly basic, and I reduced the amount of maneuvers gained to account for the Celestial Alignment ability. Then the rogue/assassin bit (#3) is fulfilled by the Veiled Moon, and some of the SLA's that they get.

When I was creating it, I tried to make sure that it could do two things well: Supporting, and Striking. Then I attempted to add flavorful abilities themed around the sky, light, and sleep. And I hope that this explains the excess versatility that you have seen... If not, if you could suggest some possible courses of action that I could take, as to balance it more, it would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I apologize for any comma errors, they are *not* my forte...

khadgar567
2018-09-22, 02:25 PM
This was built to fill a very specific niche, and as such, so it is possible that it might look too flexible when compared to vanilla content. I attempted to get the healing/buffing (#1) from Radiant Dawn and Silver Crane, both of which are fully within the Path of War bounds. The Initiating part (#2) is fairly basic, and I reduced the amount of maneuvers gained to account for the Celestial Alignment ability. Then the rogue/assassin bit (#3) is fulfilled by the Veiled Moon, and some of the SLA's that they get.

When I was creating it, I tried to make sure that it could do two things well: Supporting, and Striking. Then I attempted to add flavorful abilities themed around the sky, light, and sleep. And I hope that this explains the excess versatility that you have seen... If not, if you could suggest some possible courses of action that I could take, as to balance it more, it would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I apologize for any comma errors, they are *not* my forte...
thanks for explanation as balance its not my forte my gut feel says its just were you want but i cant get akashic part. you have astral realm focused class (sun moon and maybe few unique constellations). your class isnt focusing on enlightenment souls and life as akashic mysteries focuses

Cestes
2018-09-22, 02:53 PM
thanks for the explanation as balance its not my forte my gut feel says its just were you want but i cant get akashic part. you have astral realm focused class (sun moon and maybe few unique constellations). your class isnt focusing on enlightenment souls and life as akashic mysteries focuses

I get you dude, really I do, the only reason that I even have the Akashic stuff is because the Radiant Dawn discipline requires it to function at full power. And since the class has a large focus on the discipline, it needed a way to use it. I made sure that it didn't give veilweaving by itself (you need feats for that) and that it stayed at a manageable amount of essence, in comparison to the Akashic classes (even the Dreamscarred Press Rajah, which I took some inspiration from).

Here is the playtest version of the Radiant Dawn discipline for reference purposes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bxvxLR5IDD2J_EHV0n60dxoS504TPwZXeun7HeKumN4/edit#