PDA

View Full Version : WWIX – Hogwart’s Havoc - Day 18

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Gnome Barbarian
2007-09-23, 10:34 AM
Waking up on time today Fred makes his way to get some food and he hears all the noise going on so early in the morning.

"What are you all up to?

Alittle confused on why vuurmeester pointed at shadow. But until someone else seems more suspicious hes thinks vuurmeester is possibly a death eater atleast for right now he is the best guess.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-23, 10:50 AM
Fluffy starts around the main dining hall, begging for scraps from all the students. Its much more efficient with three heads as each head can give the puppy dog eyes to a different student. However, whenever someone looks stingy, he focus all three heads on them in order to give them a triple dose of puppy dog eyes that no one should be able to resist. He swings all three heads toward Helgraf, looking up pitifully.

(I'm sorry, but I think that Helgraf is more suspicious than Vuur. Vuur is newer and has probably heard from just about everyone to not trust Shadow. However, I think Helgraf has performed a similar game of "This plan is too flawed and dangerous" on a plan that worked, and when it did, he turned out to be a wolf. In any case, he's really raised my suspicions.)

EmeraldRose
2007-09-23, 10:53 AM
Cedric meets Michael Corner in the dining hall for breakfast.
"Let's see what Ravenclaw has found, shall we?
Tell me, friend, what you've discovered in the evening."

*The Bloody Baron pauses to hear Michael Corner's (Helgraf) response*

Well? Are you going to answer your teacher or not? You didn't have a good reason for arguing with him yesterday either...

And as for the rest of you, that other kid just seems to be confused or something. Look at him, he's even swearing. That's certainly against the House rules!

whitehelm
2007-09-23, 10:59 AM
I'm fairly certain Vuur is NOT a Death Eater, just an extremely confused new guy. The chances of Voldemort picking him are slim, and if he actually was a Death Eater, the others would've stopped him from pointing at Shadow by now.
Therefore I'm pointing at Corner, following Shadow for now.

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-23, 11:06 AM
"It was a decent reason." Says Tracy before seeing Fluffy. "Fluffy, it's you."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-23, 11:13 AM
*Fluffy's heads perk up and the left one turns to Tracy, barking happily. He trots over to her, tail wagging.*

(Oh, and Shadow did scry as a teacher last night. )

Shadow
2007-09-23, 11:18 AM
Cedric makes his way over to Fluffy and begins scratching behind a couple of his ears.
"We need another set of hands over here.

DADA, Umbridge, Sirius.... why don't you guys come help?"

(wink, wink)

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-23, 11:23 AM
"Is Fluffy hungry, does Fluffy want some pie?" Says Tracy smiling.

Khaldan
2007-09-23, 11:23 AM
((Warning: Serious paranoia inside))
Alright, we have shadow, scried as a teacher/mason. Seems like we should follow his plan, right? But, what if *goes out on limb* Shadow happens to be snape, *higher limb* who acts as the mole, *higher limb and shadow is trying to redo Mafia 3 under our nose?And remember that the death eater or the teachers don't have to kill snape to win. I'm guessing that snape starts as a death eater, or something weird like that.
((if anyone hasn't heard of Mafia 3, go say so, most of us know what happened there.))

*withholds point*

Shadow
2007-09-23, 11:26 AM
That is not what Snape does.
I know who Snape is and what he does.
In fact, I've been in contact with him since day one.

That's not to say that I trust him.

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-23, 11:27 AM
(But wouldn't he of regestered as snape rather than Slughorn if that was the case.)

Khaldan
2007-09-23, 11:29 AM
Then I've come up with the most out there theory ever. But I still stand by it, as snape does not have to be killed by the death eater for them to win, and yet the description makes it clear that they have to kill sirious. Explain.

((demon, the mole allows you to look different under scrying abilities. the narrators probably picked a random person.))

Shadow
2007-09-23, 11:37 AM
I could explain, but as the description clearly says that the details will only be given to Snape, I don't really think that's it's fair for me to do it.

If HE wants to do it (which I highly doubt) that would be different.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-23, 11:38 AM
*The left head barks happily for pie and nuzzles Tracy, while the right head nuzzles Cedric for the scratching. The middle head barks to scare away the OOC text which it happens to be afraid of ever since an unfortunate incident as a puppy.*

(Sorry, Middle Head, but its not going away anytime soon. I am concerned that Shadow is not a teacher, but Teacher (Mason) is the hardest role to fake because a real teacher can come out and say "Nuh uh" if you are faking. Since no one has contradicted Shadow at this time, I assume he is a teacher.)

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-23, 11:45 AM
Tracy starts to feed the left head pie. "Do you like the pie?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-23, 11:47 AM
*The left head barks happily and the middle head turns to Tracy to beg for some, too.*

(Gotta run, back tonight/ tomorrow. Bye everyone)

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-23, 11:48 AM
Tracy gives the middle some pie too.

Shadow
2007-09-23, 11:53 AM
((Warning: Serious paranoia inside)) That says it all.
Cedric laughs at Fluffy's nuzzling.
Heeheehee. Thanks Fluffy.
I know you love that.
Here. Have a treat."

Cedric brandishes his wand and summons forth a pile of doggie treats.

@v: I know absolutely nothing about HP. Sorry.

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-23, 12:11 PM
"Hey that's food. You can't create food." Says Tracy. "Maybes micheals right."

heretic
2007-09-23, 12:20 PM
Angelina glares angrily at Vuur. "Defamation of a teacher!? Off to detention with you." Although I would have voted with you if you had more support.

Artemis97
2007-09-23, 12:25 PM
Cho walks out of Ravenclaw tower, last night's scrying results in hand.

You scry Shadow and find that behind his perfect prefect facade he's actually the former potion's master, Horace Slughorn...(heh...figures, another character that isn't actually in this book...sorry) But yes, a teacher.

"You see Michael(Helgraf)? I told you we could trust Cedric."

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-23, 12:35 PM
"Angelina, are you a teacher?" Asks Tracy.

Raistlin1040
2007-09-23, 12:37 PM
Miles sits on his broomstick, looking over the students.

So, Cedric's a teacher. Well, with his perfect attitude and apptitude for sucking up to Dumbledore, I'm not suprised. Nevertheless, there are too many suspicious people here. Corner, that guy over there whose name escapes me. Even Malfoy is suspicious in my eyes. Am I just paranoid? Who knows? But I trust my insticts. And they say that Corner (Helgraf) is a Death Eater.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-23, 12:52 PM
Bad, bad, bad Vuurmester! Says Peeves as he turns a wastebasket over his head. Why does Vuury go against the only plan? Peevsie thinks Vuur is with Voldy!

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-23, 01:01 PM
"It wasn't him who went against the plan it was Corner." Says Tracy.

Shadow
2007-09-23, 01:09 PM
"Then tell me Tracy, what you have against Penelope.
Wouldn't it make more sense for you to be suspicious of Michael?"

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-23, 01:16 PM
I'm fairly certain Vuur is NOT a Death Eater, just an extremely confused new guy. The chances of Voldemort picking him are slim, and if he actually was a Death Eater, the others would've stopped him from pointing at Shadow by now.
Therefore I'm pointing at Corner, following Shadow for now.

Get over it, they havent picked the new guy in a long time, so they probably informed him, explained his role, told him to play innocent, and go along with it so I point at vuur.

(And I also agree with harukis explainment)

Zar Peter
2007-09-23, 01:40 PM
Get over it, they havent picked the new guy in a long time, so they probably informed him, explained his role, told him to play innocent, and go along with it so I point at vuur.

(And I also agree with harukis explainment)

I highlighted the funny part a little bit! If that is innocent then I don't know how someone should play guilty! In fact Vuurmester's quote is so suspicous, if it wasn't his first game I would say Vuuurm is a wolf trying to sacrifice himself.

Let's see, we have one confirmed teacher, and this teacher is pointing at Helgraf (maybe with reasons, the teachers had a scry after all). And we have... a bandwagon pointing at a new guy because he pointed at the confirmed teacher.
I'm pointing at Helgraf.

Goblin Music
2007-09-23, 02:51 PM
A point to Helgraf to avoid auto lynch

Asarth
2007-09-23, 03:21 PM
Parvati gets up late, trying to catch up on sleep after a night of protecting Cedric, who fortunately wasn't attacked.

*yawn* "So it appears Cedric is a teacher, then. And Micheal Corner isn't a teacher, obviously, unless things are even more complex...but if he was a Death Eater, wouldn't the other Death Eaters warn him to not be that obvious? He didn't withdraw his suspicions..I honestly doubt he's a Death Eater, nor is Dennis Creevy. But, of course, this implies the Death Eaters are smart. They could be, more than they appear. But if so, that would mean Dennis and Micheal would be innocent..or, maybe, things are more complex. I guess, perhaps, we can send one to detention, as we have no confirmed Death Eaters. Better than nothing, right?" Parvati points at Micheal Corner (Helgraf).

"Or, the Death Eaters are that smart and told Micheal not to withdraw suspicions, as it would raise just more suspicion to him...but my head hurts. I'm probably over analyzing this."

North
2007-09-23, 04:52 PM
Marcus looks at Vuurmester and Helgraf. Hrm both are looking guilty here. Vuurmester is kind of over the top though. Im going with who the teacher is voting for. Helgraf its time to go.

((Are we going to be doing any school activities for house points?))

Haruki-kun
2007-09-23, 05:30 PM
"It wasn't him who went against the plan it was Corner." Says Tracy.

So pointing at the guy who came up with the plan in the first place doesn't qualify as going against it?

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-23, 06:25 PM
"What do you have against me? I have a life, trying to get on with school work, seriously."

Points at Vuur

((Yes, I have voted a bit sporactically, but I do have stuff to do other then cruise this forum.))

Ink
2007-09-23, 08:00 PM
((I seriously doubt that Vuur is a Death Eater at this point.))

"Of course you can trust Cedric. He is a Hufflepuff after all, and a prefect to boot! With him teaching we'll be sure to ace the exams. And speaking of the O.W.L.s, Michael Corner, how much have you studied so far? I spent eight hours yesterday studying for Potions and I still feel dreadfully unprepared!"

Indurain
2007-09-23, 08:20 PM
Colin rouses from his sleep late and anxiously walks down the stairs to the great hall. He looks around and sees fingers being pointed all over the place, but most noticeably at his brother. He rushes over to him.

"Dennis, what's all this then? Pointing at a teacher? Oh Dennis, what were you thinking? I can't believe you'd do something like that. Oh Dennis, please say you aren't a Death Eater. They're rotten people. They're trying to hurt the great Harry Potter. Only bad people would do that Dennis. Oh, if you've fallen in with those types, now would be a good time to get out."

Colin turns to the crowd.

"Please spare my brother, he's just...scared is all. Scared and confused. I think we should be focusing on that nasty Michael Corner (Helgraf)"

((I would like to mention that I, in no way, am trying to protect Vuur. But Colin would not want anything to happen to his brother, so it's pure roleplaying. If it weren't for the roles, I'd likely be on the bandwagon with you guys.))

Alarra
2007-09-23, 08:39 PM
FYI: The following players did not vote yesterday and will need to vote today to remain in the game.

Krursk
Raiser Blade
Therarde

Madmal
2007-09-23, 08:56 PM
Mal Points at Helgraf to avoid the dreaded autolynch

((sorry, not in the mood to imitate Kreacher))

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-09-23, 08:59 PM
((thought I voted yesterday. hm. ))

Daphne looks around at all the fingers. Well, That was a pretty stupid move that boy (vuur) made, but I think stupid is all it was. I don't think Micheal is to blame either, however. He just voiced some concerns that weren't completely unfounded at the time. She goes over to help pet Fluffy, scratching him above his shoulder. After thinking for a while, her slytherin nature leaks through and she casts her vote for Helgraf. Either way, someone is getting sent to detention. Better the half blood be out.

Alarra
2007-09-23, 09:26 PM
The student body is called together for a special assembly. Dumbledore stands before them, smiling, but looking a bit stressed and weary to those that pay close attention. "Just because there's a bit of danger is no reason to neglect your studies or play and the house competition is still in full swing. I've asked one of our prefects to announce some of the house points that I've deemed to give out." His eyes twinkle as he steps back to his chair.

Miss Granger walks up to the front of the group, looking both proud of herself for being chosen, and slightly apprehensive to be addressing the whole school. She pulls out a scroll of parchment and begins to read down the list.

She clears her throat, "Ahem. From the desk of Albus Dumbledore...

For successful use of their third eye, 15 points for Ravenclaw

For convincing use of authority and being a very responsible prefect, Cedric Diggory (Shadow) earns 5 points for Hufflepuff

For unwavering loyalty to his brother in the face of persecution, Colin Creevy (Indurain) earns 5 points for Gryffindor

For saying what she believes, no matter how unpopular her opinion is, Rita Skeeter (Fleeing Coward) earns 5 points for Ravenclaw

For getting quite excellently inside the heads of house elves, Malmagor Andrigal (Kreacher) earns 5 points for Slytherin and Supagoof (Dobby) earns 5 points for Hufflepuff

For allowing all three of his heads to function independently and being amusing, Fluffy (Atreyu the masked llama) earns 5 points for Ravenclaw

For inventing the Frog Thrower 5000 and remembering that even in the face of danger, one can't neglect their practicing, Oliver Wood (Rocketbard) earns 5 points for Gryffindor

For playing an evil slytherin very well, Evnafets (Marcus Flint) earns 5 points for Slytherin

For her amusing names and because I can't imagine a better Luna, CurlyKitGirl (Luna Lovegood) earns 5 points for Ravenclaw.

For taking an unknown character and giving him a unique and fun personality, Draken (Eddie Charmichael) earns 5 points for Ravenclaw

For making me laugh, Sir Cadogen (Beren One-Hand) earns 5 points for Gryffindor

For being generally fun and mischievous, Peeves (Haruki-kun) earns 5 points for Gryffindor.

That brings the house points to thus:
Ravenclaw 35 points
Gryffindor 20 points
Slytherin 10 points
Hufflepuff 10 points

Thank you."

She grins at the smattering of applause, snaps the scroll shut and hands it back to Dumbledore, before walking primly off the stage to resume her studying.

Skippy
2007-09-23, 09:56 PM
Lee Jordan comes back from the common room and sees all the mayhem going around everywhere.

"Hey, what's going on around here? Fred? George? Anyone?
Ah, well, I guess I should do something...

Aided by Fred and George, he stuffs Michael Corner in a closet.

"There you will stay until we find out what you are for real..."

Vonriel
2007-09-23, 10:27 PM
Terry's appearance at the assembly is much the same as his appearance at dinner last night. His fingers are covered in ink smudges and there's a half-read book sticking out of his pocket. He stays in the dining hall and piles a plate high with food, and tucks in. "Y'know, I know that Diggory guy seemed suspicious, but he checked out ok last night. *munch* *scarf* Sho, I sink we shud send Michael to detenshun." Gulping down the food he was talking around, Terry points at Helgraf.

Shadow
2007-09-23, 11:17 PM
Cedric stands on his chair once again.

"I was planning a little scheme to buy some time to analyze, but it seems that it's been a waste.

So I'll tell you all that Helgraf is Voldemorte and that Vonriel is Malfoy.

That is all."

Cedric sits down again.
After a moment, Cedric stands on his chair once more.

"And now that I think about it.
Anyone that has an item that may be useful, please come to my quarters (PM me) and let me know. The Teachers will have much use for a quality enchanted item to find the remaining Death Eaters. Thank you."

Cedric sits down once again.

((and Gryffindor.... Yeah.... I really need your protection once again after that.... remember I said "for a few nights"?.... This is why.... Thanks....))

((@vv: Yes. Lucius. The Death Eater Recruiter.))
((so that means that "Umbridge" should block Vonriel's activities tonight.))

alec
2007-09-23, 11:21 PM
Padma wanders in, fasionably late, and says "Well, Cedric was telling the truth. So, Michael, any particular reson to accuse a teacher of lying, or did you just do it for kicks?", while waving a hand in the general direction of Michael Corner [Helgraf].

Skippy
2007-09-23, 11:21 PM
"Wow, Diggory's really quick! No wonder why he was chosen for the Triwizard Tournament and he dated Cho... Let's follow his advice!"

((Lucius Malfoy, that is, right?))

Douglas
2007-09-23, 11:30 PM
We know who Lucius Malfoy is? Why is everyone still pointing at Helgraf? Am I missing something, or does He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named have no special power? I think it would be better to lynch Malfoy first, thereby potentially preventing a recruitment, and get "Corner" tomorrow.

*points at Terry Boot (Vonriel)*

Shadow
2007-09-23, 11:33 PM
"it doesn't really matter, as Umbridge will stop Lucius Malfoy's attempt tonight anyway."

((@v: Are you kidding me?
we are tied for the lowest score right now.
and I've just given Slytherin a free use of thier house ability....
you're welcome....))

Skippy
2007-09-23, 11:38 PM
((It is funny to imagine how would Harry Potter's story would have been if Harry Potter hadn't done a damn thing...))

"All right Cedric, you have all my support. Keep up the good work!!"

((Also, I get the feeling that Shadow's house will get the cup...))

evnafets
2007-09-24, 12:04 AM
(Marcus Flint)

You've cornered the Dark Lord? Inconceivable!! He would never have let himself be caught by the likes of "Pretty-boy" Diggory
er... I mean...

... Lets capture "He Who Must Not Be Named" so that the safety of all the mudbloods err students in Hogwarts is assured.

evnafets points at Helgraf

Helgraf
2007-09-24, 01:58 AM
Michael Corner shook his head. "You always did think too much of yourself Diggory."

*Michael Corner (or, if you believe Diggory, He Who Must not be Names) points at Vuurmeister* "But he's trying to upset your plan far more than me worrying about whom the DEs will kill while you're hunting them down, so that's whom I'm pointing at."

Jontom Xire
2007-09-24, 04:32 AM
Michael Corner shook his head. "You always did think too much of yourself Diggory."

*Michael Corner (or, if you believe Diggory, He Who Must not be Names) points at Vuurmeister* "But he's trying to upset your plan far more than me worrying about whom the DEs will kill while you're hunting them down, so that's whom I'm pointing at."

Whoohoo, go Ravenclaw house! And Cedric, that's some nice work identifying Michael Corner as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. We'll take Malfoy next turn. However I find it interesting that Michael points at Dennis Creevy. An old trick when the soon-to-be-confirmed-as-bad guy who is definitely destined for lynching points at a team-mate to give them some credence as an innocent. I think Ravenclaw should scry Dennis Creevy tonight to make sure.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-24, 04:58 AM
An owl arrives at the school a copy of the Daily Prophet. On the front page is a small article written by Rita Skeeter.

Ministry says no Death Eaters at Hogwarts
The Ministry of Magic has denied rumours that He Who Must Not Be Named has returned and is currently attempting to seize control of Hogwarts.
In a statement released earlier today, the Ministry claims that the mysterious deaths of 2 Hogwarts students earlier this week is part of a wider consipracy by Hogwarts Headmaster, Dumbledore, to undermine the credibility of the Ministry and further his ambitions for the coveted Minister of Magic post.
"These rumours about Death Eaters are absolutely ridiculous and obviously a cover for the formation of an army of students loyal to Dumbledore to participate in an imminent raid on the Ministry."
"We have received reports from numerous reliable sources from within the school that confirm our suspicions and have launched a full investigation into the matter."
"For now we advise the general public that there is no need to panic. Rest assured that the Ministry is taking this seriously and have sent Delores Umbridge as High Inquisitor to Hogwarts to put an end to the havoc."

Kyrian
2007-09-24, 06:39 AM
Kyrian points at Helgraf.

fraktul
2007-09-24, 07:18 AM
points at helgraf

Malpik Azhurer
2007-09-24, 10:07 AM
points at Helgraf

Supagoof
2007-09-24, 10:21 AM
Dobby cheers jubliently as he hears his name read off by Hermoine for house points.

Dobby did something right? Yay Dobby! Dobby glad Dobby can help house of HufflePuff with points. Dobby knows that HufflePuff is good for bring houses together. See how prefect Cedric lead to group participation?

Dobby go pet large doggy now. Dobby wonders if large doggy knows how big large doggy is? (Fluffy's like 12 feet in height...) Dobby help feed fluffy when Hagrid need Winky to, but Winky was scared to cause Fluffy so big. Dobby knows secret to fluffy is...well Dobby is good at keeping secrets. Unlike he who must not be named. He good at spreading lies.

Dobby heads straight toward fluffy, but then makes a wide bearth around Helgraf out of fear of the wizard.

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-24, 10:33 AM
Tacy frowns when they mention half blood as she continues to feed Fluffy. "Hello Dobby this recent string of murders haven't frightened you I hope."

Supagoof
2007-09-24, 10:40 AM
Actually Miss. They have. Dobby is quite terrified of events that have unfolded. Dobby wonders who will pay for the information given to Cedric or if information Cedric has is correct? Dobby hopes that house Gryffindor continues to protect Cedric regardless. Dobby says, shakingly petting Fluffy as he talks to her while starting at nothing in particular.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-09-24, 10:45 AM
Oh hey Mr. Malfoy, didn't recognize you in those school clothes, and that's a nice Transfiguration you've done. Thanks for having us out for supper during the school break, your house is wonderful. (disdainful looks at the Weasley's). I'm afraid Dumbledore is about to throw you into Azkaban, but don't worry, Draco is always welcome at our house.

Thomas Nott points at Terry Boot (Vonriel)

((Malfoy would seem to be a bigger threat than He-who-must-not-be-named, and it's always possible that Umbridge might not be able to send in an action tonight for real-life reasons))

((Man it's hard to RP the son of a DE!))

Shadow
2007-09-24, 10:47 AM
Cedric, hearing Dobby's musings answers simply Voldemorte was found during the night when the Teachers joined minds in search of him. Lucius Malfoy was the victim of his own folly with me. After much deliberation between the two of us, while posing as a student, he was caught in one of his own lies as oft the case with decievers.
Learn this lesson well children. Be honest and just, for when you decieve you pay the price that you set."

((now I'm going to be busy at work all day. later)

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-24, 10:47 AM
"Hopefully, no one will have to pay for it and Harry and his Gryfondor bravery will manage to protect him. Or at least trick the death eaters in thinking they are." Says Tracy.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-24, 11:10 AM
(Fluffy's like 12 feet in height...)

(Umm....umm.... ummmm....I knew that...It totally wasn't a break in Fluffy continuity....yeah, I just....errr...forgot to mention....in my previous posts that.....you know....errr....GOT IT!)

*Fluffy's middle head looks concerned at the OOC text, but the right head is eagerly scarfing down Tracy's pie. The happy head happens to think the pie goes very well with the shrinking potion that it lapped up earlier, allowing the large dog to fit into the hall. (FIXED!) Lefty sniffs Dobby's hand, curious about the house elf. Its community tail wags in joy at the food and attention.*

(Hmmm....okay, well, no one has popped up to contest Shadow's claim of teachernesss, so I'm assuming he's legitimate. )
*The middle head barks a warning bark at the OOC.*

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-24, 12:14 PM
Luna shuffles back nto the Hall in time to her the Points read out. She looks considerably better than yesterday, she isn't green anymore and can walk straight. "Not that I'm vexed or anything but those are real animals. I mean, it's clearly obvious that Ms. Norris is a Crumple-Tailed Peewaggleflock; she has a crumpled tail after all. And Fluffy is obviously something even more spectacular than I thought. A Tri-Headed Quadriphobic Masked QuadriLlama! I can't believe I missed that. It must have been the poison." Seeing her owl waiting to give her post she tears at it eagerly. "Amazing. I got the Auto-Quill from my Dad. Now I can send in pictures of these rare animals." Taking a large (read A2) piece of parchment out of a very small pocket she looks at Fluffy and says "Quillus Automaticus Drawus Animalius!" The pen starts to drwa Fluffy.
"Is it true that Terry Boot (Von) is out to destroy Hogwarts! I can't understand why. Perhaps he's being influenced by some plants.

Captain van der Decken
2007-09-24, 12:40 PM
"Sounds like pretty damning evidence to me." *points at Helgraf*

Indurain
2007-09-24, 03:01 PM
"Luna...hey Luna." Colin pants, as he runs through the crowd to where Ms. Lovegood is standing with her paper. "Hey Luna...You want me to take a picture for you? It'll save the ink, and I've always wanted to have one of my pictures published."

Colin lifts his camera and points it at Fluffy. With a click, there's a bright flash.

"I'll go get it developed right now, and you can send it to your dad tomorrow, or tonight...or whenever you want. Right?"

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-24, 03:10 PM
"That's wonderful Colin. I'll get my father to publish your name in the by-line of the article. And while you're at it could you take a photo of Ms. Norris please. Make sure it catches the crook in her tail nicely. And there's be five of those goldedn cons whose name I can't recall because I'm still suffering frrom poison after effects." The quill finishes off the picture of Fluff. "Copyus Cattus Duplicitus Threeictusii." Three copies of the picture are made. One for Fuffy, one for Luna, and one to send to the newspaper.

((And because I can't remember))

evnafets
2007-09-24, 03:22 PM
Hey Looney. Can't keep your money straight?
I think the term you're looking for is Galleon.

Its easy. You've got galleons, sickles and knuts. The little bronze ones are knuts. There are 29 knuts to a silver sickle and 17 sickles to a galleon.

Cool picture though. I really like the way the way the left head is slobbering, the middle head snarling and the right head hiding under his paws.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-24, 03:24 PM
"It's the quills.I could get you one for free if you want. And yes, Galleaons that's it. Never get bitten by a Lesser urquiose Spotted Arachnidia of species Biggus Scarius Intelligentia. It's not very nice. But I got some wonderful samples. SO, five Galleons for the photo Colin. Is that OK?"

Indurain
2007-09-24, 03:25 PM
"Oh boy, oh boy. My name in the paper? I can't wait to tell Mom and Dad...and Dennis."

Colin seems torn between where to go next. He starts to head over to his brother, but then spots Ms. Norris slinking amongst the feet of a few Ravenclaw third years. Eventually he decides that his brother might need some cheering up and rushes over.

"Dennis, guess what? Luna said she's going to get her dad to put one of my pictures in the Quibbler. With my name beside it. Isn't that great? Hey Dennis, just hang in there. I know you're scared, but you made a mistake, they'll understand...I think. Anyway, I have to go get a picture of Ms. Norris, and maybe that'll go in the Quibbler too. See ya."

With that Colin runs off, but is sad to see that Ms. Norris has moved on from the Ravenclaws. He bends over, and starts moving through the crowd, searching for the elusive cat.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-24, 05:34 PM
Michael Corner (Helgraf) was thinking things through in the Great Hall during lunch. Suddenly, as he sits, he jumps up and looks at his seat. Apparently, someone left a plate of strawberry ice cream on the bench for him to sit on.

Somewhere off the hall, several students hear Peeves laughing as he swoops away, leaving a trai of melting ice cream behind.

Peevsie thinks Filch likes strawberry ice cream!

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-24, 06:50 PM
((Wait, what? *goes and reads last page* Oh. I agree that Malfoy is more dangerous))

Points at Vonriel

Khaldan
2007-09-24, 07:10 PM
Shadow, something is not right in this game. Even if Snape does what I have heard he does, it still doesn't make up for what you are doing.

*points at shadow*

Lynch me if you want, you'll kill a villager. but something is not right here.

Douglas
2007-09-24, 07:30 PM
And what, pray tell, is Shadow doing besides enabling greater coordination on the teacher/student side and unmasking death eaters? What could he possibly need to "make up for"?

Beren One-Hand
2007-09-24, 07:33 PM
"Black-hearted scoundrel! Vile reaver of charity! Scourge of chivalry! Back! Back, I say! May your ears drown in over-fed oysters! You have besmirched the good name of this school, it's founders, and the quintessential bastion of hope - our beloved schoolmaster, for the last time!" Shouts Sir Cadogan as he points his sword accusatorily at the Daily Prophet. Staggering under it's weight he stumbles forward, briefly pointing at Michael Corner (Helgraf).

Shadow
2007-09-24, 07:49 PM
Douglas:
Ink has already been scried.
He's a student, as we've all already been told.
Please delete your last post....
Please?

Or at least the bottom part of it?

Alarra
2007-09-24, 07:52 PM
Most of the students begin to gather around Michael Corner, jeering and taunting him. The idea that they ought be afraid of 'He who must not be named' and let teachers deal with the death eaters, has clearly left their minds as they throw rocks at the now cowering student. Ginny Weasley turns her back in disgust at the thought that she ever dated someone so wretched.

"Prefect coming through, pardon me." Cedric pushes his way through the crowd leading a group of tall, older students toward the center of the crowd. The students fall silent as this group steadies their wands at the bruised Corner. "You are accused of being Voldemort. And we know it to be true. With dementors in your pocket sending you to Azkaban would be too risky."

In unison the group swishes down their wands, "Avada Kedavra!" There is a flash of green light and when it clears, Seamus Finnigan (Pwenet) is lying dead in the corridor and Michael Corner is nowhere to be seen.

The Gryffindor's gather around his body, crying in outrage and utterly confused.

(Pwenet was killed (autolynched). He was a student.)

Night begins. Ends 8pm, Tuesday Sept. 25th.
Remember House Votes -
Gryffindor and Slytherin to Zeb
Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff to Alarra

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-24, 07:56 PM
Wait, was Helgraf protected by Hufflepuff?:smallconfused:

heretic
2007-09-24, 08:01 PM
So it seems.

Douglas
2007-09-24, 08:05 PM
Douglas:
Ink has already been scried.
He's a student, as we've all already been told.
Please delete your last post....
Please?

Or at least the bottom part of it?
Oops, forgot about that. False alarm, folks, it just struck me as a suspicious thing to do.

Goblin Music
2007-09-24, 08:12 PM
((what?!?!))
Whoa.

Douglas
2007-09-24, 08:13 PM
Wait, was Helgraf protected by Hufflepuff?:smallconfused:
That seems rather odd, as I count at least 5 Hufflepuffs (including myself) who agreed to protect the same other person. For Helgraf to have been protected today would have required a minimum of 5 Hufflepuffs, probably 6, coordinating to protect him and simultaneously keeping it secret from the rest of the house.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-24, 08:38 PM
Can someone please explain what just happened?

evnafets
2007-09-24, 08:39 PM
Ha! I told you the Dark Lord would never have let himself be caught by the likes of "Pretty-boy" Diggory! You need the cunning of a Slytherin to catch him.

Douglas - you say you had the vote rigged? You goody-two-shoes in Hufflepuff idiots obviously can't organize yourself out of a paper bag. Are you sure that all your friends are really your friends? None of them would have tattooed forearms would they? Five of you sounds a large number to beat.

So who are you so certain you protected? Who helped you do it? THATS where we'll probably find Death Eaters.

Why don't all of you losers over in Hufflepuff vote to protect Vonriel tomorrow. He's Draco's dad. We wouldn't want to kill him by mistake tomorrow right?
I know my Slytherin vote is going that way.
-------------------
OOC:
Helgraf was protected by Hufflepuff? Quite likely as there were votes his way on day 2, and protection would have been wanted IF he is the Dark Lord.
You say a bunch of you protected someone other than Helgraf? Then I would suspect you have DeathEaters in your midst. Got a shortlist?

Lets say EVERYONE in Hufflepuff vote to protect Shadow tomorrow. Hes the only one I am 100% certain right now is a teacher.

Unless you guys think winning the house cup is more important than anything else, whereupon go ahead and protect Vonriel from being lynched tomorrow.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-09-24, 09:28 PM
Daphne stares, a bit shocked. :smalleek: :smallconfused:
Er, what just happened? You say that Hufflepuffs protected Michael? That makes little to no sense to me. I doubt that He Who Must Not Be Named has students loyal to him in Hufflepuff house. That isn't his style, I don't think. She turns to look at the boy who was killed, frowning. I guess I'd better go study for that transfiguration test tomorow. And maybe we can find out who Michael really is this time.

Raistlin1040
2007-09-24, 09:49 PM
Anger flares up in Miles' eyes and he slams his fist down on a nearby table.

Damn! We almost had that lying little weasel. Well Diggory, what now? Your plan has failed, which isn't suprising. Smart as you are, your plans lacked the cunning of a Slytherin. Next time we need to kill off the rats before they can be saved. Still, I applaud your efforts. You should hope that Gryffindor protects you tonight dear friend. It'd be a terrible shame for someone like you to die so inconviniantly. The rest of you, try not to get killed. The last thing we need is more corpses. Unless of course, they belong to a certain Boy who Lived.

Miles laughs and walks off, the sinister aura projecting from him like poison from a vile serpent.

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-24, 10:04 PM
As Miles walks off, a tiny lighting bolt zaps him in the behind as I steps out from behind a pillar.

"Expelliarmus!"

Miles' wand flies backward into my hand.

"You should know better than to mutter vague threats against me. I am after all the main character, and a narrator.. " (Looks behind him.) Was that the fourth wall shattering again? "Let this be a warning to you. Anyone who says anything against myself, Hermoine or Ron, shall face a penalty of housepoints. Or if we're feeling particularily vengeful, creative liberties will be taken with your character."

heretic
2007-09-24, 10:09 PM
Angelina pushes to the front of the crowd. "You see that? Diggory can't even convince his own House to follow his lead. Blast if I'm going to stay awake another night protecting the likes of him. And tomorrow we should think carefully. I say that we start sending Hufflepuffs to detention. That way, if Cedric's right, we might land a Death Eater. And if he's wrong, then we've punished a Hufflepuff for being such an incompetent git. Either way, it helps us out in the long run." The Quiditch player looks around, making eye contact with her fellow Griffindors. "I think we may need to look beyond the pretty boy charisma that we've been following thus far, Griffindors. Let's pick someone worth saving."

evnafets
2007-09-24, 10:24 PM
Much as I hate to admit it, "Pretty Boy" Diggory is STILL the best candidate for protection by Gryffindor. He is the ONLY person scried as safe, and a teacher (and thus immune to recruitment).
We KNOW he is not a Death Eater, and never can be. Ok, so he was a fool for trying to take the Dark Lord on directly, but he did find the Dark Lord right quickly - no mean feat.
Presumably by now he has also met up with the teacher for those stupid "Defense" lessons, and maybe also have been contacted by the Ministry, seeing as they can't seem to find any of the other teachers around.

Right now Shadow/Diggory is our only link to Dumbledore and the rest of the teachers. Although Dumbledore doesn't support the dark arts, and likes mudbloods a little too much, he is still an ok headmaster. I trust him.

Bottom line - IMO: Shadow is still our best person to protect right now. And Vonriel the first person on the list to lynch.

Shadow
2007-09-24, 10:28 PM
"I'll not ask you to protect me anymore, if it is your wish to do so Gryffindor. But I will tell you that I suspect many of House Hufflepuff simply saw that Michael was to be sent to detention today. It was obvious yesterday, was it not? So Hufflepuffs may have simply chose to try for house points. I did not vote for Michael myself, but I can see why some people would have. No one knew at that time that he was He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. Ask yourselves, if you were in Slytherin, would you not vote for (whatever Vonriel's character's name is) tonight? It's the obvious choice. Yesterday, I must assume that some Hufflepuffs, in their ignorance, thought the same of Micheal. It makes perfect sense to me. I disagree, but it makes sense.
Don't be so quick to lose faith students.

I have more knowledge than I've even let on at this point.

I fear that I said too much earlier today as it is....

The fact of the matter is that we don't even know that Hufflepuff protected Helgraf.
It could be some spell that only Moldy-Voldy himself knows that saved him.
We may never know.
Just don't be so quick to lose faith...."

((Umbridge: Block Von's recruitment tonight.
Ravenclaw: I'd suggest scrying Vuurme, just to make certain that he really was just playing a complete noob. If not, we'll have another one. I may already, I'm not sure yet....))

Raistlin1040
2007-09-24, 10:51 PM
Miles smirks at Harry and continues to walk away. He calls back a few words of parting as he goes.
I'm off to bed for the night. I will have the displeasure of seeing you all in the morning. Unless the death eaters kill off a few of you. Wouldn't that be grand?

He walks past Harry, plucking his wand out of Harry's hand and summon his broomstick. He laughs, sounding a bit insane and takes off.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-24, 10:56 PM
In Peevsie's very humble opinion, this is-- GAH! The Bloody Baron!!!!!!!!!

*Flies into Moaning Myrtle's toilet. The whole floor floods again.*

((Psst, Shadow..... Noob is not the same as Newb))

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-25, 01:15 AM
((Psst, Shadow..... Noob is not the same as Newb))((Err, it's not? Umm, yeah it is (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noob).

In any case I would like to point out that there are very very few Slytherins sending in votes unless they're sending them to the wrong person. So far this night phase I've only received two.))

Helgraf
2007-09-25, 02:01 AM
In the castle infirmary, a young boy woke up. His head felt full of sand, and his body was strangely heavy .. he could barely move his limbs. Dull throbbing pains rain down his arms as he curled his fingers together.

"Wha' .... what's happening? Where am I?"

He turned his neck slowly ... here the pain was greater, and he had to grind his teeth to keep from crying out ... eyes watered ... and he passed out, the exertion too much for him.

Poppy Pomfrey looked down on him with something of pity in her expression.
He'd simply appeared in one of the beds while she was tending a student who'd needed some Bone-Gro to help mend a multiply-shattered forearm from a bad Bludger strike. When he'd appeared, he'd been heavily bruised and broken; concussed, with both eyes swollen shut. He'd begun screaming almost immediately and she'd had to give him something to put him under so she could tend to the boy's injuries. It was while she was doing this that another staff member had arrived and told her about what had happened earlier in the common room, and about the suspicions.

"D' ye suppose it might have been the Imperius Curse?," she'd muttered softly. The staff member made a slight shrug. It hardly mattered, did it? Unless the boy's will was far stronger than suspected, he could at any time be ordered to do the Dark Lord's work again. He might never be so used again, but he would always bear that stigma. The silent, worried stares. He'd never become an Auror now - even work in the Ministry would certainly be denied him. Who could trust a man who might, at any given time, do the bidding of He Who Must Not Be Named, after all.

Pomfrey shook her head in silence. There was little more that could be done for him now. Perhaps in the morning he would rouse. She didn't know if it would be better or worse for him if he did.

Douglas
2007-09-25, 06:28 AM
((Err, it's not? Umm, yeah it is (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noob).
Did you actually read what you linked?

In online gaming, a greater distinction may be made between a "newb" and a "noob." The common consensus is that a "newb" is someone who through their very nature of being a new player is inexperienced and naive to particular gaming mechanics or etiquette, whereas a "noob" is a player that is generally considered to be experienced, yet often makes mistakes or solecisms that would more likely be attributed to a "newb." The term "noob" can also be applied to someone who is experienced, but blatantly disregards rules and etiquette through personal choice; however, the label "troll" would be more accurate.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-25, 08:02 AM
((@^: Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. Thanks, Douglas.))

Madmal
2007-09-25, 08:54 AM
((In short: (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060823)))

Gnome Barbarian
2007-09-25, 09:04 AM
Fred walks over to Angelina.

Who do you think is worth saving? No one has contacted any of us other than shadow.

With that he makes his way to the gryffindor tower for the night.

EmeraldRose
2007-09-25, 09:07 AM
In Peevsie's very humble opinion, this is-- GAH! The Bloody Baron!!!!!!!!!

*Flies into Moaning Myrtle's toilet. The whole floor floods again.*

*The Baron smirks to himself as he sees the result of his latest scare of Peeves*

Ah! That never does get old, does it?

*He floats serenely away towards the Great Hall*

Supagoof
2007-09-25, 09:20 AM
Dobby sees the happening in the great hall, and worries more for the students of Hogwarts.

What if he who must not be named has other magics? What if Snape has other magics? Certainly there are a lot of stuff Dobby doesn't understand. What Dobby does understand is it is possible that Horcruxes may exist, and shield spells like Protego. Dobby not sure who may have use of them, but certainly be a powerful wizard. Dobby also knows that Miss Hermoine (Alarra) is very knowledgeable in ways of magic, and may be able to answer such questions after a time when such questions need to be answered. Dobby just hope that Dobby doesn't have to go back to live in Malfoy mansion.

((OOC: Okay, my take on this is that Voldemort has a line of protection crafted by our narrators. Perhaps something that Filch would be able to keep track of. Perhaps something that a role with no specifics given (ahem: SNAPE?) may have. Knowing that Alarra has an extensive knowledge of the books, she probably crafted with the other narrators some things to give Voldemort the ability to escape death a few times. He did survive for 7 books people.

It may just be possible that he (or someone on his team - see previous note on Snape) can use an imperious curse to control an unsuspecting student?

And even though I am also in HufflePuff, I doubt highly that of those of us left managed to get enough votes to put forth a save of Voldy. As mentioned previously, the votes went in the only coordination that I've seen to a person other then Helgraf. So unless the other HufflePuffs that have not been part of the coordination somehow all voted to save Helgraf, or those involved all did opposite of what they said, I really doubt it was a hufflepuff save.

We're last in the house points anyway, why you gotta come pick on us?

Now, I say go with Shadow's scry suggestion tonight Ravenclaw. Best to know who is safe and probably too late for my ramblings to help all of you coordinate a different suggestion. I'd also go further and scry to help validate Shadow's claims on the next night.))

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-25, 09:57 AM
Did you actually read what you linked?((Meh, I read this part...

The variant spellings of "newbie" are also used, especially in online games, as a catch-all insult regardless of the recipient's actual skill or experience. Someone who acts like a "newbie," but isn't one would be referred to as one of the variant spellings. The variant "noob" has become common in spoken English in parts of New York City and New Jersey as a substitute for the word dude.[original research?] Alternate spellings include "newb," "n00b," "N00B," "noob," and "nub."))

Shadow
2007-09-25, 11:43 AM
And that, Zeb, was the way that I'd intended it.
Sorry if the old man sometimes can't keep up with all you crazy kids' slang.
It changes too fast.

No offense intended, Vuurme.

Goof: That's what I was saying....
We don't know what happened.

Indurain
2007-09-25, 03:13 PM
Colin, after finally finding Ms. Norris, and getting a great picture of her, tail and all, heads off to the Gryffindor tower, camera in tow.

I have to agree with Goof and Shadow, I don't think this was a Huffpuff thing. More likely a Voldy thing. As mentioned, a Horcrux perhaps (though if we have to kill him 7 times, it's going to get frustrating).

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-25, 03:34 PM
((well thisucks. I had a full IC post types out when my computer decided not to display the screen and I had to go back, so apologies for not being as Luna-like as normal))

"I crtainly wasn't expecting that. Oh well, I wonder if that camera kid has found the Crumple-Tailed Peewaggleflock yet. I'd better write a note so he knows where to find me." Taking out her quill and a piece of parchment she scrathes down a quick note and pins it to the wall:

Camera kid,
If you have the picture come to the Ravenclaw common room and ask for me. I'll pay you there. It'd be better if you tried tomorrow morning because I'm going to study Peeves.
It really is amaing how little people know about poltergeists and their normal behavoiur so even though they aren't technically mythical animals I could classify him as a magical being. That would work intsead don't you think?
Well, good luck and I hope you avoided the venomous whiskers, bye now,
Luna Lovegood <3

She heads off after Peeves taking out her automatic quill again. She begins muttering quietly so as not to disturb people too much.

heretic
2007-09-25, 05:02 PM
Angelina turns to Fred. "Well...I didn't really have anyone in mind. I was thinking offense rather than defense. Wood always said I played too aggressively..."

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-25, 07:02 PM
The library. A second home to many Ravenclaws, and more than a few students have slipped down after curfew to conduct "just a little more research". And perhaps some had other reasons. Some were hiding things. In the restricted section, a single light mote danced over the shoulder of Cho Chang. An ancient book was in her hands.

"Shouldn't have jumped to conclusions Professor..."

The words snaked across the empty air. The professor was already beginning to blur as she attempted to Transfigure herself, when a rat came flying off the top stack, seizing the cat by the neck and snapping it viciously. To be certain, the rat gnawed the body in several more places until it stopped bleeding. The other figure walked over and drew the Dark Mark in the blood that marred the floor. Then both Death Eater and Rat scurried off in their own ways.

Artemis97 was killed. She was The Transfiguration Professor Minerva McGonagall

Day 4 begins, and will end Thursday September 27 at 8 PM EST.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-09-25, 07:18 PM
Well, she could be a little uppity, but at least she was an excellent teacher, what did you go and kill her for?

Thomas Nott points at Terry Boot(Vonriel)

evnafets
2007-09-25, 07:30 PM
Attacking the head of the snake did us no good. Let us see if taking out its arms does anything.

evnafets points at Vonriel

And I just hope the idiots in Hufflepuff aren't protecting him.

Oh, and all you smarty-pants people in Ravenclaw. Would you mind sharing the results of last nights scry? I presume the Death Eaters know already, so why not the whole school?

Draken
2007-09-25, 07:46 PM
Cho, my friend, my coleague, we shall avenge this, be sure of it. And at least, we know where to look, and who to look for.

Eddie points meaningly at Terry Boot (Vonriel)

You death eaters are just a bunch of murderers.

And Creevey is just another student, now we of Ravenclaw must go and prepare another funeral.

Kantur
2007-09-25, 07:51 PM
*points at Vonriel

Asarth
2007-09-25, 08:08 PM
Having been crying all night thinking she helped kill Seamus, she has nothing but rage from hearing the death of Minerva.

Parvati storms out of the Gryffindor Common Room and points her wand at Vonriel.

"You! You killed her! You killed Minerva and now we're going to kill you!"

She turns to Micheal Corner, AKA Lord Voldemort.

"And you killed her too! The Hufflepuffs may have protected you yesterday, but they definitely won't tomorrow. I will kill you both, and your filthy Death Eaters, oh so fearful 'Voldemort!'

Lavender calms her down and takes her back to the common room.

heretic
2007-09-25, 08:48 PM
"The game's up, Boot. (Vontriel) Time to die." Angelina flanks the kid with Parvati, her wand pointing menacingly at his heart.

North
2007-09-25, 08:52 PM
They killed Cho? But she was Professor McGonagall? No wonder Cho was doing better then me in Transfigurations! Teachers, I realize this is a time of mourning but I think we should rescore the curve on those tests please. And I think Vonriels been cheating too.

Vhaidara
2007-09-25, 08:54 PM
Idiots. The Dark lord isn't there. He's right here!
Stephen points at himself.

Ink
2007-09-25, 09:21 PM
Ernie Macmillan glares at Marcus Flint.

"For your information Flint, we Hufflepuffs have put aside notions of winning the House Cup for the good of the school and for the sake of rooting out the Death Eaters. And Cedric is leading the charge against Voldemort... although I wonder how he feels now that his girlfriend Cho was killed. ((Talk about reversal of roles.)) What has Slytherin done for Hogwarts recently?"

Ernie shifts his gaze to Terry Boot (Vonriel).

"You won't get away with this!"

Krursk
2007-09-25, 09:35 PM
((oops, forgot to mention, I'm on vacation. Lucky I remembered halfway through or I'd be auto-lynched. Please don't auto-lynch me for the next week or so, I have exeptionally limited internet))

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-09-25, 09:50 PM
Susan mutters something accusing about Boot (Vonriel) from the background as well.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-09-25, 10:01 PM
What? cries Daphne. Professor McGonagall? Daphne is torn between collapsing into tears, and screaming profanities at Terry Boot (Vonriel). She stands there, unable to choose, anger and sorrow for her teacher rising.
Minerva....

Helgraf
2007-09-25, 10:20 PM
Eyes fluttered open. Corner still felt weak. Pain no longer accompanied every movement though. Slowly, he pushed himself up in the bed ... so very slowly. His eyes became unfocused ... he spent a moment forcing them back into focus.

The infirmary. He'd been here a few times during the last four years. Why was he here now?

He slowly dragged his legs over the edge of the bed. Pulled himself to the edge. An attack of vertigo sent his body tumbling to the floor like a stringless marionette. A dull thud, and a slightly louder crash.

He groaned, turning, grabbing the mattress and pulling himself painfully slowly up to his feet, then slowly turning and lurching for the infirmary exit.

Then Lavender Brown marched up to him and started yelling at him. Calling him He-who-must-not-be-named. Screaming something about killing him. He could barely walk and he was supposed to have killed people.

"You name the name, Lavender. You really do want to draw his attention. Hasn't the school had enough of that already? He leaned heavily on a table to keep himself upright."

"If I'm Voldemort, do you think I'd really be covered nearly head to toe in bruises and worse right now? Yet you persist in this slander. You persist, my own house and friends." His gaze wandered to the faces from Ravenclaw gathered. Some were decent enough to turn away. Others glared at him like he was some sort of snake - or worse.

His eyes moved to a cluster of Gryffindor students. For a moment they caught Ginny's, then he broke away, deliberately. Whatever he felt, between them it had been ended. His eyes moved back to Ravenclaw, looking. Looking for Cho. She'd pointed at him yesterday ... he couldn't say why. Where was she? His lips formed the words silently.

Where ... was ... she?

A trickle of memory slipped loose. A wand. A voice in his head. Rocks ... falling. Falling ... Blackness. As with the memory, so with the student, who collapsed, catching his head just above the right temple on the heavy table's edge.

Goblin Music
2007-09-25, 10:27 PM
They killed Professor McGonagall?!?! someone will pay.
Point at Vonriel

Skippy
2007-09-25, 11:03 PM
Lee Jordan comes rushing into the Freat Hall

"Damn! We need to find them ASAP, or they will close the school..."

Point at Vonriel-mort

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-25, 11:35 PM
Points at Vonriel for obvious reasons.

whitehelm
2007-09-26, 12:35 AM
ATTENTION OTHER STUDENTS

Alright guys, I want to get Vonriel as much as you do, but unfortunately quite a few Hufflepuffs wanted to protect him and get some free house points. I know this because I am a Hufflepuff and received the various pms, though I do not know for sure if they succeeded.

To be safe I'm pointing at Helgraf again. He definitely isn't protected by us today, and I don't want to waste my vote. I believe lynching the Death Eaters is more important than the house points, so I urge you all to join me.

Draken
2007-09-26, 12:46 AM
Or Umbridge could do her job and block Hufflepuff's ability.

Maybe? I mean, this is Malfoy we are talking about, the death eater Recruiter.

But he already attempted to recruit tonight, and wont be able to do so again for another two nights...

As such, Helgraf is actually a good choice.

I cancel my prior point to Vonriel and I point at Helgraf, whose student's name I fail to remember. But I think he shouldn't be killed, just imprisoned and sent for de-imperialization.

And that is just the most stupid word ever. de-imperialization :smallyuk:

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-26, 12:55 AM
Or Umbridge could do her job and block Hufflepuff's ability.((This seems to be a common misunderstanding. Umbridge does not block abilities. Umbridge blocks players from using any abilities they might have. As an example, if Zeb were the Illusionist, Umbridge could not send in a message to the narrators saying "I want to block the Illusionist." He would have to say "I want to block Zeb" even if he knows that Zeb is the Illusionist. Furthermore, there is no way for Umbridge to block a house ability. Firstly because voting isn't an ability and can't be blocked. Secondly, even if voting could be blocked, it would only have an effect if that one vote suppression would the alter the vote total to affect another player. Even then the house ability usage is only altered, not blocked.))

Jontom Xire
2007-09-26, 02:07 AM
((

I can't believe a bunch of online wannabes who think words like "leet" and "pwned" are cool and somehow important, @nd t@lk l1k3 th15, are in addition so pretentious as to make a distinction between "noob" and "newb". Get a life people.

Or maybe I'm just turning into an old man. I just think it's sad when people have to create a culture with things that they know because they created it, in order to seem knowledgeable and therefore somehow more worthwhile, when the whole thing is artificial in the first place because they created it.

Anyway, back to the game.))

And Creevey is just another student, now we of Ravenclaw must go and prepare another funeral.

I got told only that the "target" is a student. Usually I get told who the target is. Anyway it would be making an assumption if we assumed that the "target" was in fact Creevey.

Points at Helgraf in case Vonriel is protected by Hufflepuff. How dumb can you get Hufflepuffians? Or do you all just want to do a Pirates III and hand the victory to the Death Eaters so long as you get to become one, and so win anyway, even though you deliberately lost your original role that you were supposed to be trying to win as. I might expect that from Slytherin, but not Hufflepuff.

Ink
2007-09-26, 02:07 AM
((^ It's just the difference in meaning between two words. Why is having two words with different meanings pretentious?))

But he already attempted to recruit tonight, and wont be able to do so again for another two nights...

"And how do you know this?"

((And I'm not sure that Helgraf was saved by Hufflepuff yesterday. Go look at the house points. Hufflepuff is still at 10. If yesterday's thing was a successful protection Hufflepuff should have more points.))

Beren One-Hand
2007-09-26, 02:42 AM
((Not sure who I'm going to vote for yet, but about the house points... I'm not sure there's been an oppertunity to record any changes yet. We'll have to wait untill Alarra posts newly awarded points to be sure.))

Jontom Xire
2007-09-26, 02:56 AM
((

((^ It's just the difference in meaning between two words. Why is having two words with different meanings pretentious?))

They are both abbreviations of the same word, and hence as such are in fact the same word. Any difference is artificially added purely to differentiate between those who know this artificial difference and hence are somehow cooler than those who don't. That's like me inventing a word and sharing it with my friends and then thinking I'm cooler than everyone else who doesn't know this word. The word "leet" springs to mind. Most slang derives in a linguistically natural way from other words. The word "newb" or "noob" is an example, deriving as it does from "newbie" which in turn derives from "new". However distinguishing between "newb" and "noob" is artificial for the reason given in the first sentence.

Moreover the two words are pronounced the same. In spoken conversation there is no way to differentiate between them since they are used in the same context to mean almost identically the same thing. E.g. bough and bow sound the same, but you would never say "I bough to your superior intellect" because it doesn't make sense. Neither would you say "I carved this from the bow of a tree". However you could say "He is a newb" and the person would have no idea whether you were being insulting or merely referring to the fact that he was a beginner.

It would be more linguistically decent (and non-pretentious) to say that "newb" and "noob" mean the same thing in the same context: When applied to a beginner it simply means that they are a beginner but when applied to someone who has been playing the game for a while it means that they are stupid (or whatever "noob" is meant to mean). Hence "newb" and "noob" are the same word but with two different meanings depending on context, the same as many other English words.

However that's just my two cents and all those little onliner wannabes can go ahead and do what they wish. I'll just look down at them in a patronising manner :)

))

Shadow
2007-09-26, 04:06 AM
Cedric joins the students and faculty late this morning.
after hearing the news of his beloved Cho, he didn't exactly feel like any sort of socialite.
Death Eaters abounding or no.
After sleeping in late, Cedric arrives in the meeting hall weary and puffy eyed.

"Please, Cedric mutters. I beg you. If anyone has found the secrets of the Timeturner....
Please....

Cedric chokes on his own words for a moment and sobs silently into his sleeve, unaware of the prying eyes of the students lingering on him far too long.

Please. The Timeturner is my only hope. If one of you should happen to have unlocked it's secrets, I beg you, leave a note under my door today telling me such.

I don't know what I'm going to do without her....

A few more silent tears fall to the floor unabashed before Cedric's countenance hardens.
"You!" Cedric says pointing at Terry Boot/Lucius Malfoy/Vonriel. "I'll see that you pay for what you've done in Azkaban!"

To whoever has the Timeturner (if anyone), please PM me and use it tonight. The Teachers have a way to get it after that.
That goes for any other items as well.
Let us know that you have it before you use it, so that we can try to keep them out of the Death Eaters hands for as long as possible.

And Hufflepuff didn't protect Voldemorte last night.
Something else is going on.
I'm just not sure what....

Damn I wish I'd read those books now, so That I could figure this out. :smallfurious:

The Valiant Turtle
2007-09-26, 06:27 AM
Listen everyone, winning the house cup isn't going to be of any use to anyone if we're all dead!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-26, 06:36 AM
*Fluffy comes wandering back in from the forest, hoping to find some breakfast and maybe something to fix that shrinking potion it drank. Its middle head looks up and sees all the OOC text about slang terms and immediately it sticks its head under a table to hide. The ever-hungry left head starts begging for scraps, its still quite pleased that its picture was taken yesterday, and the right one starts growling at Vonriel*

Haruki-kun
2007-09-26, 09:04 AM
I can't believe a bunch of online wannabes who think words like "leet" and "pwned" are cool and somehow important, @nd t@lk l1k3 th15, are in addition so pretentious as to make a distinction between "noob" and "newb". Get a life people.

Or maybe I'm just turning into an old man. I just think it's sad when people have to create a culture with things that they know because they created it, in order to seem knowledgeable and therefore somehow more worthwhile, when the whole thing is artificial in the first place because they created it.

OOC:
Let's get one thing straight: I LOATHE LEETSPEAK.

This is something different. I simply pointed out that Noob is an offensive word while Newb is not. And I didn't point it out to be pretentious, but simply to warn Shadow about it before someone took any offense. Where's the evil in that.
/OOC

I'm pointing at Vonriel.

Captain van der Decken
2007-09-26, 09:12 AM
*points at Vonriel*

Ink
2007-09-26, 09:51 AM
Ernie brings in more OOC text to scare Fluffy.

It would be more linguistically decent (and non-pretentious) to say that "newb" and "noob" mean the same thing in the same context: When applied to a beginner it simply means that they are a beginner but when applied to someone who has been playing the game for a while it means that they are stupid (or whatever "noob" is meant to mean). Hence "newb" and "noob" are the same word but with two different meanings depending on context, the same as many other English words.

((That would be even more confusing, in my opinion. Then you'd have two words that are spelled differently, mean the same thing, but could mean two different things. That way if someone wrote "He is a noob" it wouldn't be immediately obvious whether he was referring to a new player or that other meaning.

I'm guessing that 'newb' came about first, as short for 'newbie'. Then someone probably encountered a guy who was playing like a beginner and thought "This guy is not new so I can't call him a newb, but he's playing like one", and derived the term 'noob' from 'newb'. Words are often coined out of necessity. Since 'newb' and 'noob' are mostly used in Internet culture, which is largely a written medium, I don't think it matters much that they are pronounced the same way.))

Ernie finds some leftover meatloaf to feed to Fluffy's left head.

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-26, 10:06 AM
"Good bye Vonriel, sorry Draco." Says Tracy. "Ernie, you goint to say sorry to Flint."

Shadow
2007-09-26, 10:07 AM
I thank you all for showing me the difference between those two words, and pointing out that it may have been offensive.

I've already stated that I was not aware of the difference.
I've already stated that I meant no offense.

I also thank you all for sharing your opinions on the matter, but I now consider the matter closed.

Can we proceed with the game now please?

If this is a topic that you consider worthy of more debate, I'd suggest that you start a thread in Random Banter about the damage that chat-speak is doing to the already flawed English language.
I don't recommend it however.

Thank you again.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-26, 10:17 AM
((I thank my half day. I'm actually keeping up so far))

"Cho's dead! How marellous; now who else can I expound my theories on? She was an open book. Hmm, I wonder if Ginny or camera kid would mind...and I really ought to tell that Boot (Von) kid off I guess." People who are looking at her may note she is covered in slightly iridescent slime and looks very bedraggled. Her left arm is also held at an awkward angle to her body.
She walks to the infirmary. "Umm, Nurse, I was following Peeves and I wasn't really paying much attention to the surroundings and I kind of, well, walked onto a staircase that wasn't there any more. So, I think I may have broken my arm or something." Sh holds out the arm for inspection.
Slipping off into her own world once more she takes out her Peeves notes and begins to read them through. Sitting down on the bed net to Corner she nods half-heartedly and says, "Hey Corner."

Supagoof
2007-09-26, 10:24 AM
Or do you all just want to do a Pirates III and hand the victory to the Death Eaters so long as you get to become one, and so win anyway, even though you deliberately lost your original role that you were supposed to be trying to win as. I might expect that from Slytherin, but not Hufflepuff.((Someone is a bit touchy over old games, considering the two that lead that charge are both in Hufflepuff....okay nevermind.))

Dobby appears with a large beef drumstick. He walks over to fluffy and places it in front of the large 3 headed dog.

Hagrid said you weren't dangerous, but Dobby has heard other students had concerns about you. Dobby says other students have claimed your were dangerous and working for he who must not be named. Dobby wonders why he who must not be named would choose someone so fluffy, but what does Dobby know. Dobby will go see why other students point at Terry Boot.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-26, 10:25 AM
*Fluffy's left head eats the meatloaf and licks at Ernie's face, while the middle one growls at him. The right head starts eating the food Dobby brought and licks him gratefully before Dobby leaves*

Kyrian
2007-09-26, 10:48 AM
Points at Vonriel.

Castaras
2007-09-26, 10:52 AM
Vonriel. I points at him, aye?

Raiser Blade
2007-09-26, 11:15 AM
*Point at myself

Helgraf
2007-09-26, 11:25 AM
Michael heard his name called, shook his head slightly, eyes focusing. "Oh, Luna. Hey." He gives her the long once over. "What happened to you?"

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-26, 11:41 AM
Tracy tries to comfart the middle head. While speaking to herself. "Hufflepuff care too much. About winning house points."

Gnome Barbarian
2007-09-26, 11:45 AM
Fred yet again comes into the scene as everyone else has already begun there pointing and it seems imminate that someone has already been chosen.

I fear that hufflepuff may have grouped togther to gain hosue points. As much as I wish this was not true, it is a definate possibility. This is why we gryffindors protect people during the night because we know we will be protecting someone who deserves to be protected. Not a lieing, coniving, death eater like Lucious Malfoy. Even though what I have to say may go to waste.

Fred points at Vonriel His finger then fell off. He had forgotten that he was wearing the prank ring.

If Hufflepuff does protect Vonriel today then I know where I am going to start looking for death eater influence.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-26, 12:16 PM
"Well, Micheal, I was following Peeves to investigate the activities of poltergeists in their private lives. I was concentrating on my subject and dictating to my quill when a staircase moved . I didn't really notice it so I fell. And landed on something fairly soft, which is probably why I barely hurt myself.
"I got some wonderful information though - Oh Muggles breath! I broke my Autoquill." She holds out a bent and discoloured quill for inspection. "And the point was bronze too.":smallfrown:
Giving Michael a look she says, "So, what happened to you? Did you fall off some stairs that weren't there too?"

Draken
2007-09-26, 01:00 PM
(Sigh. Let me get my last RPed post straight.

1- We of Ravenclaw scryed Vuurmaster, aka Denis Creevey. he is a student.

2- Lucius Malfoy can recruit once every three nights. This was the third night, so I am presuming he attempted to make a recruitment, specially considering that we all know who he is already.

How the recruitment attempt went is another story. I have no idea who he might have tried, or how the person answered.

Also, remember Raldor's words Hufflepuflians, winning points is pointless if you all end up dead.)

Tormsskull
2007-09-26, 02:50 PM
points at Vonriel.

Zar Peter
2007-09-26, 03:00 PM
George runs to the next toilet.

The vomit pills are working great, maybe I should feed some of them Voldemort (Helgraf).

Supagoof
2007-09-26, 03:54 PM
Dobby listens to the people who are angry at the HufflePuff for odd reasons. He wonders about how people can so quickly turn against a house from which a leader against He Who Must Not Be Named has stepped so bravely forward? And accusations mostly from a house that still hasn't been attacked by the death eaters? He shakes his head in disbelief before apparating out of the great hall.

((To those angry at hufflepuff, get over yourself. :smalltongue: ))

heretic
2007-09-26, 05:18 PM
Angelina paces back and forth, furious. "Cedric! Because of your incompetence, the head of Griffindor house is dead! I understand the confusion about Hufflepuff's decision, as some think that many Hufflepuffs want to win the house cup more than they want to defeat the death eaters." She slashes her wand through the air, creating a loud bang. "This is FALSE!!!" (another bang) "The far more likely explanation is that the Death Eaters within Hufflepuff are using the House Cup as an excuse to protect one of their own." Little droplets of flame appear to be leaking from the end of her wand. "Loyal Hufflepuffs! I ask you to tell us all who these people are who voted to save Corner, so that we can discipline them as neccessary...like we did with Zabini." Her red-rimmed eyes pierce meet the gaze of those listening. "Hogwarts needs Hufflepuff to prove itself now or it is best that we move on without them at all."

Shadow
2007-09-26, 05:35 PM
"I think it far more likely that the Horcrux and the Imperius have been employed here Angelina."
Far more likely indeed.
He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is known for this type of treachery, is he not?"How ironic is this?!?!?!

EmeraldRose
2007-09-26, 05:46 PM
*The Bloody Baron gives up trying to find Peeves for the moment, and instead concentrates on trying to scare Terry Boot/Vonriel instead*

What are you doing, pretending to be a student? It's bad enough that you bring in Death Eaters and corrupt the good name of this institution! But now you bring back other adults and pretend to be children!

*The Baron attempts to fly back and forth through Boot a few times*

Alarra
2007-09-26, 05:56 PM
"You there!" Hermione addresses several students shrilly. "You're hardly talking in class. Did you not study?" She tuts disapprovingly. "If you expect me to do your essay for you, you're quite mistaken." She stomps off in a huff, with one last glance back at...

Akaziel
Beren One Hand
Mikeforte123
Rocketbard
Stu42
Therarde
and ZombieRockStar

(vote today to avoid being autolynched)

Asarth
2007-09-26, 06:27 PM
Parvati snaps back to reality and covers her mouth for saying You-Know-Who's name.

"I'm sorry, Micheal. I don't know what to think. How many have died already? And Minerva died..I don't know. Maybe your imperiused. We'll fix that. I don't know who you are, You-Know-Who or Micheal, but everything will be better."

I really really really hope that's true.

ZombieRockStar
2007-09-26, 06:32 PM
Adrian mutters something about a "bossy, bratty know-it-all" before he points at Terry Boot/Vonriel.

RocketBard
2007-09-26, 06:44 PM
I point at Vonriel.

I'm sorry I haven't gotten to post more, but homework is taking-up a great deal of time.

Beren One-Hand
2007-09-26, 06:58 PM
"You there!" Hermoine addresses several students shrilly. "You're hardly talking in class. Did you not study?" She tuts disapprovingly. "If you expect me to do your essay for you, you're quite mistaken." She stomps off in a huff, with one last glance back at...

Akaziel
Beren One Hand
Mikeforte123
Rocketbard
Stu42
Therarde
and ZombieRockStar

(vote today to avoid being autolynched)

I must not understand how this autolynching works... I voted yesterday.

"Black-hearted scoundrel! Vile reaver of charity! Scourge of chivalry! Back! Back, I say! May your ears drown in over-fed oysters! You have besmirched the good name of this school, it's founders, and the quintessential bastion of hope - our beloved schoolmaster, for the last time!" Shouts Sir Cadogan as he points his sword accusatorily at the Daily Prophet. Staggering under it's weight he stumbles forward, briefly pointing at Michael Corner (Helgraf).

A horse can be seen trotting through various portraits, towards the commotion around Terry Boot. Several minutes later Sir Cadogan crashes through the same portraits, waving wildly as he attempts to corral his horse.

As he nears the assembled students he attempts to jump a stream, landing spectacularly amongst the rushes. Draging himself out of the water he glares at Stephen Cornfoot (Bookboy), who is dancing around trying to draw attention to himself.

Alarra
2007-09-26, 07:01 PM
I'm sorry. Somehow I missed that vote. :smallredface:

And yes. Vonriel has passed the 50% majority and the day should be ending early. However, I'm stressed and tired and don't wanna, so you'll have to wait til another narrator comes online. :smallbiggrin:

Raistlin1040
2007-09-26, 07:21 PM
Miles swoops in on his broomstick.

So we've decided to send another lad to detention...or worse. Thats fine by me. But remember everyone...be responsible for your actions. Some things...can't be undone.

Miles points at Vonriel.

Malpik Azhurer
2007-09-26, 07:47 PM
Points at Vonriel

fraktul
2007-09-26, 07:55 PM
points at vonriel

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-09-26, 10:14 PM
points at vonriel to avoid autolynch.

Helgraf
2007-09-26, 10:35 PM
Michael lifted his hands to rub his temples, and winced. "I ... I'm not entirely sure. It hurts to think about it too hard. I ... Cho. McGonagall. Goldstein. Summersby. Roger ... Eddie ... Terry ... rocks."

He shivers, breaking out in a cold sweat as he tries to force himself into the blanked-out section of his mind. His eyes opened slowly and he let out a soft sigh.

"You're not going to hurt me, are you Luna?" It was asked in a tiny voice, and he trembled slightly as the words slipped loose.

Studoku
2007-09-27, 02:26 AM
Points at Vonriel

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-27, 02:30 AM
*points at self*

I'm weak, and I couldnt resist the imperius curse if some death eater cast it at me, So I want it to end before I can hurt somebody on the light side *sobs*

North
2007-09-27, 04:12 AM
Why don't you run away then? There are some of us who are not willing to give up that easily! You don't have to be in Gryffindor to be brave! Are you a man or an Elf!

((You could always let yourself be auto-lynched then if you really want out :smalltongue: .))

Akaziel
2007-09-27, 04:40 AM
Points at self

Vhaidara
2007-09-27, 05:56 AM
I must not understand how this autolynching works... I voted yesterday.

A horse can be seen trotting through various portraits, towards the commotion around Terry Boot. Several minutes later Sir Cadogan crashes through the same portraits, waving wildly as he attempts to corral his horse.

As he nears the assembled students he attempts to jump a stream, landing spectacularly amongst the rushes. Draging himself out of the water he glares at Stephen Cornfoot (Bookboy), who is dancing around trying to draw attention to himself.

Wow, one of you has the brains to try and get rid of the person actively saying he's You Know Who. This school is full of idiots.

Asarth
2007-09-27, 06:16 AM
"Or, rather, this school is full of people who can see an obvious distraction. Why should we lynch you, a person who might be a Death Eater trying to save Lucius, when we have Lucius Malfoy to deal with?"

The Valiant Turtle
2007-09-27, 10:42 AM
((I'll have limited net-access for the next few days. I'll probably be able to post, but in case I can't please don't auto-lynch me))

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-27, 12:22 PM
Michael lifted his hands to rub his temples, and winced. "I ... I'm not entirely sure. It hurts to think about it too hard. I ... Cho. McGonagall. Goldstein. Summersby. Roger ... Eddie ... Terry ... rocks."

He shivers, breaking out in a cold sweat as he tries to force himself into the blanked-out section of his mind. His eyes opened slowly and he let out a soft sigh.

"You're not going to hurt me, are you Luna?" It was asked in a tiny voice, and he trembled slightly as the words slipped loose.

"Well, I suppose if it hurts to remember it it doesn't matter." Turning back to consider her dead pen she sighs slightly. "You're not going to hurt me, are you Luna?" tembles Micheal in a tuny voice. Stiffening at that question she twists around on the bed suddenly. "I don't hurt anything living! Within limits; and you're human. I'd never hurt you ever. I promise." she practically shouts these words at him as she seizes his right hand. "How could you think I would?!" Luna sudden;y puases and realises that she's been shouting. "I'm so sorry. But I can't stand the thought of harming anything that doesn't deserve it."

alec
2007-09-27, 08:00 PM
Padma points at Vonriel, saying Well, looks like we're going to be rid of a Malfoy. You lot are all no good. Offence ment, Draco."

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-27, 09:24 PM
Vonriel was lynched, He was Lucius Malfoy

Night Begins and will end Saturday, September 29th

(No story, as I'm pretty tired. Will be edited in later.)

Helgraf
2007-09-27, 09:52 PM
"Well, I suppose if it hurts to remember it it doesn't matter." Turning back to consider her dead pen she sighs slightly. "You're not going to hurt me, are you Luna?" tembles Micheal in a tuny voice. Stiffening at that question she twists around on the bed suddenly. "I don't hurt anything living! Within limits; and you're human. I'd never hurt you ever. I promise." she practically shouts these words at him as she seizes his right hand. "How could you think I would?!" Luna sudden;y puases and realises that she's been shouting. "I'm so sorry. But I can't stand the thought of harming anything that doesn't deserve it."

"'m sorry," he murmured softly, barely audibly. "I ... don't know who I can trust anymore. Most of my own housemates are all in arms, convinced I'm the Dark Lord or something. People were throwing ... rocks at me, Luna. Like they wanted me to die. So many faces ... so many."

He squeezed her hand gently, shook a moment. He was silent for almost a minute before he spoke again.

"Thank you."

Jontom Xire
2007-09-28, 01:55 AM
I think we need to concentrate on working out how to lynch Helgraf.

It can't be that he's unkillable or it would be impossible for any but the death eaters to win. It's a teeny bit unfair (except that we have Shadow which makes it fair :) That he gets more than one life anyway.

The only mechanisms I can think of protecting him are:

1) He has several lives and each time he gets lynched he loses one.
2) There are actual horcrux items in the game which we need to find and destroy. Hence use of Filch to sniff them out. These may not all be being carried by DEs. If you are holding an item, please tell Shadow so he can work out if this theory may be true.
3) There are people in the game acting as horcruxes. These may or may not be DEs. It may be as simple as that we need to kill all the DEs before we are allowed to lynch HWMNBN. It may be that the people acting as horcruxes don't know they are, and if they cannot be scried as such, only appear as simple students, then we are basically buggered.

Does anyone else have any ideas? I bet Shadow does, and if you don't want to discuss them openly, Shadow, please PM me.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-28, 06:16 AM
((or perhaps Snape, as the potions master can drink Polymorph/polyjuice potion and disguise himself (rather like the Mole in Mafia) And it certainly does seem rather poetic.
And it could also be likely that HWMNBN is not actually Helgraf. 80% likely he is, but assuming that he has Horcruxes, which I find unlikely, perhaps it was a special ability that saved him. Once again I find that Snape, whether he is good or bad is the key to the problem. Naturally only he or she knows what the powers of Snape are and I doubt he/she will reveal them at such an early stage. All I can say is that Snape is the Wild Card and unless we know if Helgraf has Horcruxes or whatever then we'll have to keep lynching him right? Wrong. Slytherin can target him for Night Attacks, we can pic on other people. Essentially, if he is HWMNBN we can't do anything yet; not for a while.
You do have some reasonable theories, especially about Horcruxes but be aware of Snape.))

Luna takes Micheal in a comforting hug and holds him as she would hold an injured and frightened animal i.e. gingerly. She whispers soothing words to hi about how everything will be OK, and how much she loves him. Whether she means as family or as something closer will be determined later.:smallwink:

((Apologies to middle Fluffy head, but how can Fluffy acknowledge the OOC chat if Fluffy middle head can't break the forth wall. So, is Fluffy middle head breaking the forth wall on a daily basis?))

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-09-28, 06:28 AM
... Slytherin can target him for Night Attacks, we can pick on other people. ....
Slytherin's power doesn't work like that. We can't kill people. We only increase the vote count of our target by 3. He still has to be voted for during the day. Sorry.

Daphne puzzles over the situation, but doesn't find any solution. She wonders if Michael really is he who must not be named, or if someone pulled the wool over someone else's eyes. She goes over to talk it out with her owl before heading to bed.

Supagoof
2007-09-28, 08:33 AM
((Those of you who thought HufflePuff wanted house points more then winning this game should apologize. :smallamused: ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-28, 09:26 AM
(

((Apologies to middle Fluffy head, but how can Fluffy acknowledge the OOC chat if Fluffy middle head can't break the forth wall. So, is Fluffy middle head breaking the forth wall on a daily basis?))

(Tony starts playing a flute, which he hasn't done in over 8 years, but he's able to fake it enough to lull the pup to sleep so it doesn't go nuts.)

(That is an interesting question that has pestered those who study the supernatural beings for a long time. Many theories are out there, some are more respected than others. Lets examine a few.

1. Fluffy once ate a narrator- This assumes that Fluffy once ate someone who knew a lot about this game but isn't playing in it. Most likely he ate Xylric who hasn't been seen lately. This gave him the power to see OOC text.

2. Fluffy can sense OOC text using some ability that we don't yet understand Scholars believe that Fluffy can sense OOC text in the way that many dogs can sense ghosts. Since ghosts are a common occurance at Hogwarts, Fluffy's "doggie sense" has adapted in a different way.

3. Its a self defense mechanism No one is sure why Fluffy needs a defense mechanism against OOC text, but the scholars are out of other good ideas.)

Shadow
2007-09-28, 09:32 AM
Watch out then Fluffy!
Curly: You've just created an even larger *blip* on my radar than before.
Speaking of Snape was exactly what tipped Malfoy off to me.

JX: I may PM you later. Maybe.

Goof: Thanks buddy.

Curly again: Because I almost forgot. Helgraf is not 80% likely to be Voldemorte. He *IS* Voldemorte. Of that there is no question.

Supagoof
2007-09-28, 10:02 AM
(Tony starts playing a flute, which he hasn't done in over 8 years, but he's able to fake it enough to lull the pup to sleep so it doesn't go nuts.)

(That is an interesting question that has pestered those who study the supernatural beings for a long time. Many theories are out there, some are more respected than others. Lets examine a few.

1. Fluffy once ate a narrator- This assumes that Fluffy once ate someone who knew a lot about this game but isn't playing in it. Most likely he ate Xylric who hasn't been seen lately. This gave him the power to see OOC text.

2. Fluffy can sense OOC text using some ability that we don't yet understand Scholars believe that Fluffy can sense OOC text in the way that many dogs can sense ghosts. Since ghosts are a common occurance at Hogwarts, Fluffy's "doggie sense" has adapted in a different way.

3. Its a self defense mechanism No one is sure why Fluffy needs a defense mechanism against OOC text, but the scholars are out of other good ideas.)

((4. It's "magic".))

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-28, 01:45 PM
Watch out then Fluffy!
Curly: You've just created an even larger *blip* on my radar than before.
Speaking of Snape was exactly what tipped Malfoy off to me.

JX: I may PM you later. Maybe.

Goof: Thanks buddy.

Curly again: Because I almost forgot. Helgraf is not 80% likely to be Voldemorte. He *IS* Voldemorte. Of that there is no question.

((Meh. I am actually very Luna like naturally and although I'm still 100% sure that Hegraf is HWMNBN that slipped out cos I was in Luna RP mode. See! Even characters can break the fourth wall and make their players say something like that. Plus I was at college and wasn't really paying attention to what I was typing (trying to avoid being caught on an illegal site and being banned from the network and all)
So, yes, I retract the 80% thing because I wasn't concentraing on the typing and it just makes sense to bring up role speculation.))

Helgraf
2007-09-28, 01:50 PM
Michael smiled a bit, but slipped free of the comfort-giving embrace after a few minutes.

"We should be going back to the dormatories, Luna."

His lips sort of danced between a smile and a worried frown. "I ... I .. thank you."

heretic
2007-09-28, 03:36 PM
Angelina blinks in surprise. "I guess you were right, Cedric. I apologize for doubting you."

Indurain
2007-09-28, 06:24 PM
"I got it. I got it. I got it." Colin comes skidding into the Great Hall, waving a piece of paper. When he realises that many heads have turned towards him, he quickly quiets down and makes his way over to Luna.

"What are you doing with him?" Colin asks, pointing at Micheal (Helgraf) "He could be You-Know-Who in disguise!!"

"But...I got your pictures for you. And I don't need the galleons. Not that I'm rich or anything, but to have my name in the Quibbler is payment enough."

Colin hands Luna the pictures of Fluffy and Ms. Norris.

"Here's the weird thing though...in this picture of Fluffy, there's a shine in front of him, almost like an invisible wall. And it looks like this head is looking right through it. And I looked at his name tag with a magnifying glass, it doesn't say Fluffy...It says Tony. Weird, hunh?"

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-28, 07:06 PM
((Psst...It's night))

Alarra
2007-09-28, 10:25 PM
Please remember to send in your house votes. K, thanksees. :smallbiggrin:

Indurain
2007-09-28, 10:39 PM
((Psst...It's night))

((I know, but my reasons for that are two fold...

1. It worked for the RP

2. I may not be able to get on this weekend, and I don't want to miss my vote. Narrators, if I don't get a chance, can you please use that as my point?))

Goblin Music
2007-09-29, 10:32 AM
((i will be gone for the week Please do not lynch, auto-lynch, or kill me))

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-29, 10:09 PM
Urrgh ….. Groan.

“Minerva? Minerva, are you alright?” Asked Dumbledore.

“Albus? What happened? Why am I in the hospital wing?”

“You were attacked by Death eaters, but a student bravely chose to use their Time Turner to save you.”

“What? That’s a forbidden item. You mean to tell me a student has had a Time Turner this entire semester? I would have thought Miss Granger would be smarter than that.”

“It wasn’t Miss Granger, Minerva. She learned her lesson the first time. Now, you should get some rest. I can’t have my Transfiguration professor and Assistant Headmistress overexerting herself after a near death experience. I shall be in my office when Poppy releases you.”

As Albus turned and left the Hospital Wing, Snape approached.

“Professor, I have news of the Dark Lords movements!”

“Yes, Severus, what is it? It must be of Dire Importance.”

“He means to have you killed.”

“Who is to be my killer?”

“He swore to do it himself. REDUCTO!”

Dumbledore blocked the spell by throwing a statue in front of it.

“You’ll have to do better than that Tom to kill me! Stupefy!”

“So be it, you old fool! Wormtail, NOW!”

Wormtail shifts out of his rat form, and grabs Dumbledore from behind, restraining him.

The image of Serverus Snape fades out to be replaced by the grinning façade of Tom Riddle, The Dark Lord Voldemort himself.

“I am sorry, you Old fool. Sorry, that it was this easy. Crucio!”

Dumbledore screams and convulses in pain, helpless before the onslaught.

“Goodbye, you Muggle-loving fool. AVADA KEDAVRA!”

EmeraldRose has been killed by Death Eaters. She was Dumbledore.
Artemis97 has been restored by the Time Turner.
therarde - Montague and mikeforte123 - Dean Thomas were Autolynched.
Both were students.

Day begins and will end on Monday at 5 PM.

(The night was double long to encourage people to get their house votes in. From now on, the nights will only be 24 hrs, and only votes received in that period will be counted. Furthermore, from now on, failure to vote MAY result in loss of Housepoints! 1 for each person who fails to send it in.)

Asarth
2007-09-29, 11:21 PM
"Minerva's alive..but Dumbledore is dead now. I hope the Time Turner is in the hands of a person that isn't a Death Eater..."

She points at Helgraf.

"It's time to fix you, be it to kill you or to lift the imperius curse, if there is one."

She mumbles to herself.

"Death has proven it can be cheated. Dumbledore will live. I'm sure."ihope

Vonriel
2007-09-30, 12:59 AM
(( You got me, we got Dumbledore. Hah hah. :smallamused: ))

Shadow
2007-09-30, 02:08 AM
Cedric rushes to Cho's side and gives her a warm, hearttfelt hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Then turning towards Wayne Hopkins/van der Decken he says "What do you think will happen if we try to lynch Corner again today? Not that I'd believe your answer at all. You're a disgrace to all of House Hufflepuff as far as I can see. You've been hiding well, but I know you better than you think. I've seen you on the Quiddich field. You're quite a skilled player, even in practice. But I think your speed and your strength come from a darker power. Deny it. Forsake the Dark Lord for him to see and we may spare you the agony of Azkaban if you can convince us."

vdDecken's been hiding well, but in other games he tends to not join the larger bandwagons every single day as he has here. Explain yourself, Cap'n.

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-30, 02:28 AM
"Yeah lets kill those Huffelpuffs as they deserve so I'll continue with Captain van der Decken - Wayne Hopkins " Says Tracy. "No offense Dobby."

The Valiant Turtle
2007-09-30, 09:00 AM
Thomas Nott points at Helgraf. I think the Hufflepuffs may have defended him that first night, before we knew who he is. I can't blame them for that. I voted to use the power of Slytherin on him that night, before I knew what he was, just because I had a gut feeling that things might turn against him. Maybe we all had a joint vision in Divination or something that he might get sent away and tried to use it to our advantage. Now that we know who he is, I seriously doubt that Hufflepuff is still protecting him unless the DEs have a large presence there.

((Finally read Deathly Hallows on Greyhound the other day. I must say I'm very interested to see what Snapes role is in this game now.))

Jontom Xire
2007-09-30, 09:46 AM
It's so annoying having Voldemort right in front of us but unable to get rid of him. It is possible that it was a one off. However I trust Shadow's skill and judgement and so I point at Captain van der Decken.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-30, 10:15 AM
Peeves hangs his head down. Even he had some respect for the headmaster. A few minutes later, he gets his composture back and swoops down on Captain van der Decken (Wayne Hopkins).

A suspicous man! Now where are those dungbombs.........

Asarth
2007-09-30, 11:36 AM
"Why are we pointing at (insert name of whoever Captain's character is)? He's suspicious, sure, but not a confirmed Death Eater, or a Dark Lord in this case. Maybe your right and You-Know-Who has a protection of somesort against dying. Maybe your wrong and he doesn't. Or maybe your right that (captain's character) is a Death Eater, or maybe your wrong and he'll be a student. I'd say the risks are the same; except if we choose Micheal Corner, and he has no protection, we'd get something done. If he DOES have protection? Then atleast a student hasn't died."

Haruki-kun
2007-09-30, 11:42 AM
((Good point.))

Peeves drops a Banana Peel Right in Michael's (Helgraf's) path.

Oh, please, slip.......... slip............... slip.......... YES!!!!!!!!

heretic
2007-09-30, 12:50 PM
"At last! A Hufflepuff to punish." Angelina points at Decken.

Castaras
2007-09-30, 02:58 PM
*points at the Captain*

whitehelm
2007-09-30, 03:07 PM
Guys, Shadow didn't actually say Decken was a Death Eater, he may just be guessing. Helgraf is a known Death Eater, and even though he was protected, we don't know what that protection is. It wasn't Hufflepuff, because we didn't get any house points for it!

I'm voting for Helgraf again. It may have been a one-time deal, and I'd rather vote for him then a possible student. If Shadow gives more information later, I may change my mind.

Raistlin1040
2007-09-30, 03:12 PM
Miles laughs.

So you fools are going to kill a guy a teacher said "Might" be a death eater? Well that's interesting. As for killing Corner, I'm all for it. However, there are much more evil people in this school. I suspect little Malfoy Jr the most. I mean, his father is a confirmed death eater. The apple doesn't fall to far from the tree you know. But I digress. Kill whoever you like. I enjoy the bloodshed.

Points at Draco (Kantur)

EmeraldRose
2007-09-30, 03:27 PM
((A new portrait appears in the Headmaster's Office, among the other portraits of Headmasters. Within it, Albus Dumbledore can be seen looking out over the grounds of the school, a hint of a smile playing across his features. His head turns and looks at you, and it seems for just a moment, as your eyes make contact with his...as if he has looked deep into your soul...

To some, this may seem uplifting! A feeling as of lightning striking down the spine! To others, it may be as though an old friend has shared a favorite joke. To a very few, fear strikes to their very core, as they know they have not long to hide among the true friends of this great place of wizardly learning...))

Zar Peter
2007-09-30, 03:30 PM
George is looking left and right.

I'm dizzy. And confused. And a little bit high. What were this pills I'm testing now called? "Drunk without hangover"? Good thing, but bad name. Think I should change that. Or not. Whatever. Maybe Fred knows a better name. Where's Fred? He's never here when I need him. Freeeeed!!! I'm feeling so alone. And depressed. Hey, maybe this is a side effect. And I found it. But Fred isn't here, so I can't tell him. * Starts sobbing *
Hey, you! Points at Fullbladder
Have you seen Fred anywhere?

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-09-30, 07:28 PM
Daphne looks around at all the fingers pointing at people. She looks at Wayne Hopkins (the captain)
I don't think Wayne is a death eater. I still think that we need to get Micheal (Helgraf) out of the school before he can cause more damage. whether or not he is really you know who, he should get out of here. it's too dangerous.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-30, 09:19 PM
(Head hurts, apologies to all Fluffy fans for no RP. We will returnto your regularly scheduled Fluffy tmorrow. Fluffy points at Captain VdD.)

*The middle head barks loudly at the text*

(Ouch! Keep it down or I'll have you all neutered.)

*The forepaws come up and clamp down on the middle head's mouth, it whines, but goes silent.*

Skippy
2007-09-30, 10:05 PM
Lee Jordan begins rehearsing for the narration of the next Quidditch match:

"And here comes Wayne Hopkins (Van Der Decken) down the corridor! I wonder what's he up to?"

ZombieRockStar
2007-09-30, 10:16 PM
*Points at Decken* (:smallsigh: I wish I knew how to RP this one...)

Helgraf
2007-10-01, 12:34 AM
Michael Corner woke to sullen stares and silence. Dumbledore dead. Cho ... was alive ... was Professor McGonagall?

If Cho was McGonagall ... then where was Cho?

Then there was Luna. What to make of that? She was perhaps the only person in the school who wasn't either accusing him or avoiding him. He walked listlessly down the seven flights of stairs from Ravenclaw tower, wand flicking out toward the banana peel to send it over the edge and save him the trouble.

Ginny came back to mind again. A more cynical part of Corner's mind wondered if that would ever really go away. Mostly though, his thoughts were taken up with the darkness inside, probing at that black void of sealed memories, trying to find something, anything that would make sense of it all.

Spotting Peeves being peevish about something, he *pointed at him ((Haruki-kun))* briefly in passing as he headed toward his first class.

Haruki-kun
2007-10-01, 12:37 AM
The Banana Peel falls in another corridor. Peeves hides behind a suit of Armor as a sixth-year student walks closer and closer to the Banana Peel.... and slips, dropping several books.

Hahahahaha!

Well, it wasn't that Michael, but it sure was fun for Peeves!

Raiser Blade
2007-10-01, 12:54 AM
*Points at captain

fraktul
2007-10-01, 06:09 AM
SeeingWayne Hopkins/van der Decken in the hall, Ginny points her wand at him and inflicts the bat bogey curse on him.

Ink
2007-10-01, 06:30 AM
Ernie points at Captain van der Decken as well.

Supagoof
2007-10-01, 08:43 AM
Dobby watches as all the students point to HufflePuff. He cowers away in a corner, seeing the hatrid in their eyes. Perhaps it was due to frustration with Dumbledore's death. Perhaps it's a charge lead by those who were under the imperious curse. He wonders why of all the houses, that Gryfindor hasn't had a student die or get sent to dentention. He walks over to Helgraf, and tugs on his robes.

Excuse me sir wizard sir, but Dobby wonders why you point at Gryfindor, the house Harry Potter belongs to?

((So, not that I'm against pointing at HufflePuff, but I wonder how come anyone from Gryfindor hasn't been put under the microscope yet. According to my tally, I show 15/15 Gryfindors, 13/14 Hufflepuffs, 10/14 Ravenclaws, and 12/14 Slytherins remain. Seems odd to me that the Death Eater's would target one house directly or indirectly unless there were more of them in that house then others. So on the odd ends of the spectrum you have RavenClaw and Gryfindor. And why is it we aren't continuing to test and see if Helgraf is truly he who must not be named?))

Gnome Barbarian
2007-10-01, 10:11 AM
Fred yet again finds himself entering into a castle full of people pointing at each other and blame getting thrown around. He can't see why tcaptain van derdecken has gotten such a huge following of people agaisnt him. Maybe someone used magic during the night and saw him commiting evil acts. Who knows but people do seem adament to get rid of him. going with the idea that others know what they are talking about Fred points at Captain Van Der Decken

Malpik Azhurer
2007-10-01, 10:43 AM
Points at Helgraf

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-01, 12:26 PM
Shouting down the staircases at Michael (Helgraf) she shouts, "Bye now! And don't worry about earlier, I have a soft spot for injured and endangerd things. Bye now! And say hi to Gnny for me." After absentmindedly wandering out of the castle humming a Muggle song she arrives at the Quidditch pitch. "It's a shame we can't have any matches this half term." she muses to herself as she ambles out onto the pitch. "Perhaps I'll practice some commentating;"
"And here we have Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw in the final of the years Quidditch Cup. On Gryffindor we have Harry, the Weasley twins, Abgelina and some other people, I really don't now who; and Ginny! Hi Ginny!" Luna waves to an imaginery Ginny. "And on Slytherin team we have Malfoy those weird bodyguard boys who hang around with him but never do more than grunt and intimidate people (perhaps they're SImius-Boarus-Sapiens-Habilis, they are rather similar) and some other people including that girl who had the cat when Hermoine had a Polyjuice accident. And some other people, I really don't know who, but the Keeper has a wonderful haircut don't you think? And such an interesting colour of puce.
"Anyway, the Snitch, the Quaffle and the Bludgers have been released and Gryffindor is on form today, with a complete team and Slytherin have just pulled off a rather nasty move involving throwing a ball at a Gryffindor - oh, Gryffindor intercepted the Quaffle.
"And they throw it through the hoop while the Slytherin Keeper tries desparately to keep his hair neat and tidy. He has too.
"And; oh, if you look up, there, just above the teachers' Podium you can see this amazing cloud, it looks like a Cetaur but it's a wonderful silvery-blue colour and apparently clouds of this sort; especially of the Centaur or horse shape were reputed to bring good fortune to the people of horse-breeding countries. Definitely a rare cloud up there; perhaps it's cumulo-nimbus I don't really know. Do you Lee?
"Anyhow, back to the game. Harry and Malfoy are doing air-ballet. Look at that wonderful arabesque just then. Marvellous form and here: here, yes, yes, they're gping after the marvellously named Triple-Twist-Pirroette. Oh! What a magnificent example!
"Wait a sec. They're stopping the game. I wonder why. Oh. Harry has the Snitch. Confgratulations Gryffindor. Has anybody ever wondered why it's called a Snitch? I mean it's golden winged and very small. It looks nothing like a Snitch (which is roughly five inches long, orange in colour and squeals something dreadful) so perhaps it's called that for another reason. Well; now that the season's over I'll commentate next year. Bye now. Hard luch Slytherin and Congratulations Gryffindor!"
DOne with commentating on an imaginary game Luna goes towards that lake on the grounds to speak to the Mer-men.

Tormsskull
2007-10-01, 12:57 PM
*points at (Michael) Helgraf

Beren One-Hand
2007-10-01, 07:05 PM
"Take heart, Noble Headmaster," Sir Cadogan addresses the newly created portrait. "I shall lead the charge against your killers. None shall withstand the might of my silvery blade and steely sinews!"
With a flourish of his cloak he turns to stride through the doorway to find Michael Corner (Helgraf) and promptly runs into the doorjamb.

North
2007-10-01, 07:08 PM
Marcus Belby after making exhaustive charts, pie graphs, scrolls and divinations comes to his final conclusion.

"Well Wayne Hopkins is the T.A.s choice and might be suspicious. Michael Corner however was You-know-who and is back again. For science we should enquire more closely at Corner. Has You-know-who truly left his body or is it all a ruse? We must be more certain."

And with Corner/Helgraf gone Ill have less competition in my OWLs. Marcus thought to himself.

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-01, 07:40 PM
Points at Van der Decken

Douglas
2007-10-01, 08:41 PM
Hmm, follow a teacher's suspicion or kill a definite known bad guy...

*points at Michael Corner (Helgraf)*

Vonriel
2007-10-01, 08:44 PM
(( Curly, that was awesome :smallbiggrin: ))

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-01, 09:33 PM
A mob of students surrounds Helgraf and Decken, and is divided about who to turn over to the ministry to be locked into Azkaban. Time passes, with no clear resolution..... finally the arguiing ceases, and the crowd converges on Helgraf, not intending to lock the suspected Dark Lord Voldemort away, but instead, intent on ending his threat forever. Of course, being students in a fantasy novel, they really had no way of knowing that the only person who could actually kill the dark lord was Harry Potter. Then again, He's standing here, narrating in the Third Person, and getting a lot of strange looks. (Especially from that Luna. Maybe the professors will reward her with 5 points for that amusing quidditch commentary. (Yes, they will)) Anyway, since they crowd seem intent on getting rid of their suspected Voldemort, Harry decided to make it quick.

"Sorry Voldy, but.. You Are The Weakest Link. Goodbye! Reducto!"

The blast hits Helgraf in the neck, neatly beheading him.

Helgraf was lynched. He was...... Wait! What the BLOODY HELL IS that?!?

A dark form rises from Helgraf's decapitated body, and releases a cackling maniacal laugh.

"Fools! You Fools! I, Lord Voldemort, have discovered IMMORTALITY! My reign shall be eternal! You cannot stop the darkness!"

The shade leaves out a nearby window.

Night begins, and ends tommorow at 11 PM.

Raistlin1040
2007-10-01, 10:36 PM
((WHAT?! Everytime there's been a tie in the past, a coin is flipped, or Invisiblecastle is used. There's never been no kill, unless no one votes.

<IS baffled)

Helgraf
2007-10-02, 12:32 AM
((Have you forgotten the effects of the Slytherin House Vote, Raist?

We are everywhere.))

Shadow
2007-10-02, 01:53 PM
So....
My count had 13-13 tied for Helgraf and Decken....
Am I the only one that saw the original post that EK put up for this?

*is thankful he has email notification*

[edit]
Oh yeah, can we please stop wastig our time and trying to lynch Helgraf now?
Please?

EmeraldRose
2007-10-02, 06:15 PM
((I also saw the original post last night.))

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-02, 06:49 PM
If your wondering what's going on, here's what happened.

Slytherin's voting was insufficient to determine a consensus by any means. As I recall only four votes were made, and each of those for a different person. As a result, I had to apply our tie breaking method. The tie was broken in favour of lynching Helgraf. Let me remind all of you that house voting is important, and from now on you will recieve house points based on how many people from your house vote. If less than half the house votes, there WILL be point deductions.

That is all.

For the record a consensus is 60% of the live house voting for the same person, but no less than two unless there is only one remaining house member. This applies to all houses.

Douglas
2007-10-02, 08:08 PM
Just making sure, is Helgraf officially lynched and out of the game now, or does that "IMMORTALITY" line mean he's still in?

Helgraf
2007-10-02, 09:26 PM
((You'll just have to wait until morning to see, won't you? ;) ))

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-02, 10:22 PM
Cold. Cold wind howled through the windows of the Hufflepuff dorms, despite numerous attempts to secure them shut. Extra blankets and comforters were the order of the day for the students tonight.

Summers couldn't sleep. No matter how he contorted himself and curled up, the wind seemed to worm its way in and chilled him to the bone.

"Oh Merlin," he cursed quietly to himself as his bladder decided it needed relief. He threw the blankets on the floor and trundled out toward the water closets.

Scritch

He paused briefly ... cocked his head. But whatever the odd sound had been, it did not repeat itself, so he went on.

A faint thump from above in the darkness...

"Piss off, Peeves," Summers hissed, wishing he could, himself. Just a little further... there's the door. He picked up his pace, grabbing the cool metal handle, turning it and almost throwing the door open in his haste to get through.

The faint sound of running water was joined by another, similiar sound. With the easing pressure on his innards, Summers, quite tired given the hour, slipped into an amusing daydream he'd been having of late about Hannah Abbot, so he didn't hear the slight groan of protest from the timbers above.

He buttoned up his trousers, and turned to go.

That's when Nagini fell on him from above. The snake's fangs sank deeply into the boy's neck. The poison would do its work quickly. Summers could barely manage a sound.

When it was done, the snake slithered off into one of the pipes, leaving the body behind to be found in the morning.

Summers (Akaziel) died of snakebite and blood loss. He was a Student

Raiser Blade
2007-10-02, 11:03 PM
*Point at captain van der decken

Haruki-kun
2007-10-02, 11:12 PM
Peeves woke up in the morning, stretched, then swooped down the corridor with some chewing gum in his mouth. Then, hanging upside down from the ceiling he starts to wedge the gum into a keyhole in the door to the Charms classroom.

Peevsie's working as a locksmith...... And the students will now be able to skip class!

Who has Transfiguration first, Peeves wonders? Oh! It's that Captain Van Der Decken's class!

Peevsie's such a good poltergeist!

Draken
2007-10-02, 11:16 PM
Hey Peeves, who are you looking out for?

Oh, it's the guy that Cedric warned us about the last night, Van Der Decken was his name right?

North
2007-10-03, 12:03 AM
Is you-know-who unkillable! :smalleek:

Points at van der decken! This is getting to be very terrifying!

Kyrian
2007-10-03, 12:14 AM
Whoever Kyrian is points at Van Der Decken.

Ink
2007-10-03, 12:22 AM
"This is ridiculous. We can't have the Dark Lord roaming the halls of Hogwarts while we are trying to prepare for the O.W.L.s! Hey, Hopkins! (Van der Decken) How many chapters of the Herbology textbook have you covered?"

Jontom Xire
2007-10-03, 02:49 AM
Roger Davies hunts his way through the coriddors until he tracks down Wayne Hopkins. This is your fault. I know you're not to be trusted. And I trust Cedric's hunches. He's a smart lad...for a Hufflepuff.

Skippy
2007-10-03, 07:34 AM
Lee Jordan begins throwing dungbombs at Hopkins (Van Der Decken)

Artemis97
2007-10-03, 07:42 AM
Cho walks by and notices what Lee's doing. "Lee! That's not nice! You're smelling up the hallway."She then gestures to Hopkins. "Why don't you go home and get yourself cleaned up?" The ravenclaw asks with a sneer.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-03, 07:44 AM
"A Nagini? This is wonderful! Not that I think that Summers deserved to be killed by the snake," she adds hurriedly. "It's just that well, a Nagini is something nobody has ever researched and studied before. I really ant to be a Mythical Naturalist after all and that means that I have to do the bad with the good." Taking a peek at the body she scribbles down some note. "And naturally, I can't see the snake so for now I'll go hunting for another animal. No. Harry was acting rather odd last night. I know he's famous and all but that's no reason to narrate in the third person. However, the Fourthus Wallitatii Smashtaria Funghi could cause that to hapen." Strolling off to find Harry to experiment and document this strange phenomena Luna notices that Hopkins (CvdDecken) is looking a bit anxious.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-03, 07:50 AM
"Huffelpuff, Lynching time. Good bye Hopkins Apart from the fact that isn't your real name."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-03, 09:09 AM
Fluffy comes trotting down from the 3rd floor, barking happily at the many students. The middle head is carrying the picture that Luna gave him, showing it off to anyone who looks its way. He's very happy because he seems to have scared off the OOC text that had been floating around the past few days. The left head immediately gives the puppy dog eyes to Lee Jordan, wanting to be fed. Righty growls menacingly at Hopkins.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-10-03, 11:05 AM
Thomas Nott points at Wayne Hopkins/Captain van der Decken

Shadow
2007-10-03, 11:18 AM
On house points:
Let me remind all of you that house voting is important, and from now on you will recieve house points based on how many people from your house vote. If less than half the house votes, there WILL be point deductions.

I don't think that's fair. Let me tell you why.

1.) Ravenclaw's house ability can award them points simply by getting lucky if they scry someone with a role.

2.) Slytherin's house ability can award them points if they are paying absolutely any attention to the game whatsoever.

3.) I have unfortunately nerfed Gryffindor's house ability to the point of uselessness. They shall recieve very little house points. Even if I hadn't, there are sure to be Death Eaters in Gryff, so when the house decides who to protect, the DE therein runs off to the other DEs and says "We can't attack because my house is protecting them tonight." And no points will be awarded. This should not stop them from using this ability by any means, as a nightly protection is something to be cherished. But I doubt they will ever recieve any house points for it. Maybe (just maybe) in the endgame.

4.) Hufflepuff is a different story altogether. They will never recieve any house points during the course of this game. Voldemorte's ability has already left us with two days of wasted lynches (even though I tried to make it one). For Huff to recieve house points, we have to continue this trend when it would be detrimental to the school and ourselves. Either that or we would need to choose to protect someone of importance. But that leaves us in the same boat as Gryff. Worse actually, since we would be naming unknown names and creating targets for the DEs. So some of us simply chose to not excercise our house ability. There is no way that we could reach a majority by randomly voting, and yet actively trying to coordinate the vote leaves us at a disadvantage and/or outright hurts the school.

I am by no means trying to belittle the mechanics here, I just find it unfair that we will be penalized for not voting, when we are [i]already penalized in comparison to the other houses, and any attempt by us to actively try to close the gap will only hurt the students and the school.

For all intents and purposes, as far as I'm concerned, Hufflepuff has no house ability at all, because our ability only helps the DEs do what they've already done twice.
Again. I'm not complaining about the mechanics. Just that we are about to be penalized for not helping the DEs when we're already not going to have any points. That's BS.

Supagoof
2007-10-03, 11:36 AM
((Word.))

Dobby comes from Hufflepuff, running down the stairs. He's about to make it to the bottom when the stairs turn on him. So he begins to run up the connecting stairs. He reaches the top of those to find they move off away from his desination. He runs down those stairs, only to find that the connecting stairs here bring him back to his starting point.
http://www.pep-web.org/document.php?id=ifp.009.0007.fig003.jpg

After an hour or so of running up and down stairs, Dobby makes it to the great hall. He runs over to Wayne Hopkins.

Dobby has brought you your books you requested sir. Dobby knows that you will find them neccessary for studying while you are in detention. Dobby hopes it's not to late that you were expecting them sir and apologizes for taking so long.The house elf says, holding up for Hopkins his knapsack so he can grab it.

whitehelm
2007-10-03, 12:05 PM
What's that? Decken is a Death Eater? points at Decken

Shadow
2007-10-03, 01:25 PM
((I'm at work right now, so I don't have my notes, but shouldn't there have been a bunch of autos as well?))