PDA

View Full Version : Swap with Animal Companion/Familiar (spell) (PEACH)

DanielLC
2007-09-16, 07:39 PM
Swap with Animal Companion/Familiar

Transmutation
Level: Drd 4, Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Self
Target: You and your animal companion or familiar and any carried or worn objects
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: No

You turn into your familiar or animal companion and anything it's wearing or carrying and they turn into you and anything you're wearing or carrying. It is effectively the same as teleporting each to the other's location. You can't transport any other creatures with this method. This distance between you and you're animal companion or familiar is unlimited, so long as it's in the same plane.

Should I change the name or level?

AKA_Bait
2007-09-16, 07:59 PM
There is already a spell that swaps the location of you and another. This seems like a needlessly complicated version of the same thing if I understand it as intended.

DanielLC
2007-09-16, 08:49 PM
What is it?

The idea with this one is that you could keep your familiar or animal companion in another city, then use this spell to go there and back. If you're a wizard and you have a familiar that can fly, it would also be useful for getting to areas you otherwise couldn't.

AKA_Bait
2007-09-16, 08:56 PM
I think it's called Baleful Trasposition.

That spell should work for the hard to reach places aspect. For the in another city thing, you ought to specify that in the spell description. Does this work across planes as well? If so, this spell is way over powered and should be jacked up another level or 3 imho.

DanielLC
2007-09-17, 06:29 PM
I added that in the description. I'd prefer having one of those things where it talks about someone using the spell (is there a name for that?), but I can't think of anything.

I still can't find the spell. Is it in the SRD? I never actually played and don't have any books, so I have to rely on d20srd.org