PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Arcane hand question

holywhippet
2018-10-11, 06:59 PM
What does it mean in the spell description that "The hand doesn't fill it's space"? Officially it is a large object and not a creature, even though it can be made to take actions.

Aett_Thorn
2018-10-11, 07:08 PM
Do you mean Bigby's hand?

If so, I think it just means that other creatures can move through its space without much trouble, but likely can't end their turns there.

Edit -> I was trying to find the rules on a creature's size and the various space requirements, but they're all over the place and I don't want to make a definitive statement without all of the rules. Suffice it to say, I think that the spell makes a large creature but it doesn't take up the whole 2x2 square, for whatever that means based on the rules.

holywhippet
2018-10-12, 12:14 AM
Do you mean Bigby's hand?

I was looking at the SRD since I'm away from books at the moment.

If so, I think it just means that other creatures can move through its space without much trouble, but likely can't end their turns there.

Edit -> I was trying to find the rules on a creature's size and the various space requirements, but they're all over the place and I don't want to make a definitive statement without all of the rules. Suffice it to say, I think that the spell makes a large creature but it doesn't take up the whole 2x2 square, for whatever that means based on the rules.

I'm thinking maybe it means the hand doesn't take up an entire 2X2 set of tiles and that maybe you can stop in the same tile as it since it is an object and not a creature.