PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Give Me Stuff To Brew

JNAProductions
2018-10-14, 08:53 PM
I have the boredom. Give me stuff to brew.

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-14, 09:46 PM
Well, here's a list of completely random ideas (some silly, some not), and you can choose one or any that strike your fancy:
Classes
-Half-martial, half-psionics class
-A class that puts on different hats to get different powers
-A class who uses the power of disease
-A class designed around one very specific weapon of your choice
-One word: yo-yos.
-A class that uses the Periodic Table of Elements in some way
-A stealth-based caster (maybe an arcane compatriot of the Ranger and Paladin?)
-A class that mainly uses shields as weapons and defense
Archetypes
-Wizard: School of the Rune/School of Glyphs
-Warlock: Storm Master pact (making a pact with a storm/sea-related entity)
-Artificer: Toymaker (It no fun, it no Blinsky!)
-Ranger: Conclave of Blood (whatever it means to you...)
-Blood Hunter: Order of the Vampyr (blood-sucking and vampiristic abilities)

I could give you more, if you'd like. Anything you don't take, I'll consider doing...:smallwink:

Illven
2018-10-14, 10:43 PM
The best idea.

A battle moose.

clash
2018-10-14, 10:50 PM
A void warlock

It was going too be my next brew but I keep getting sidetracked

khadgar567
2018-10-14, 11:47 PM
Storm cast eternal from age of sigmar

Knaight
2018-10-15, 12:04 AM
Back in 3.5 homebrew days there was an incorporeal ghost ooze swarm made for a vote up a monster thread. A 5e version could be neat.

nineGardens
2018-10-15, 01:11 AM
I have the boredom. Give me stuff to brew.
Best wording ever.

A pair of prestige classes that "Ping" off of one another (IE, that are optimal if taken as a pair). Alternatively, a single Prestige class that is optimal when two players take it simultaneously.

Man_Over_Game
2018-10-15, 03:15 PM
I'd like to see a tactical barbarian, one that has reasons not to rage all the time in every combat, and has multiple decisions to make in combat.

Something akin to the Battlemaster in concept, but doesn't necessarily revolve around resources or saving throws.

PhoenixPhyre
2018-10-15, 03:23 PM
Alternate uses for wild shape. Either as feats or as druid Circles.

I came up with one, but I don't think it's very good:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zacRyZrNiBNY33DGds-4CC4lsFqtK5b9_zt7UW8bGg8/edit?usp=sharing (the first one in the document).

Man_Over_Game
2018-10-15, 03:29 PM
Alternate uses for wild shape. Either as feats or as druid Circles.

I came up with one, but I don't think it's very good:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zacRyZrNiBNY33DGds-4CC4lsFqtK5b9_zt7UW8bGg8/edit?usp=sharing (the first one in the document).

Once upon a time, I had a homebrew summoner druid (before the Shepherd came out) that had a Wild Shape Familiar that acted as a familiar that allowed you to spend one of your wildshape uses to reshape/resummon it. Later on, it can transform into the same animal that you are, or vice versa, without expending a Wild Shape use, and there were a number of other abilities you got in combat together. I unfortunately don't have a copy of it anymore (reddit deleted a lot of their old posts), but it might give some ideas for you to work off of.

Vogie
2018-10-16, 07:47 AM
I'd love to see a:

non-alchemist nonmagic caster-esque class
Another Minionmancy subclass
A Ranged Paladin or Barbarian

Man_Over_Game
2018-10-16, 11:06 AM
I'd love to see a:

A Ranged [...] Barbarian

Try going Ancestral Guardian with Sharpshooter. You'd rely on hit-and-run tactics that would make your team stupidly tanky, and you can Reckless Attack with Javelins to get those guaranteed hits without any risk or you can use a longbow to utilize a super-high range for safety.

Vogie
2018-10-16, 11:25 AM
Try going Ancestral Guardian with Sharpshooter. You'd rely on hit-and-run tactics that would make your team stupidly tanky, and you can Reckless Attack with Javelins to get those guaranteed hits without any risk or you can use a longbow to utilize a super-high range for safety.

I mean, a lot of these CAN be done with a bunch of backbending like that, but having a specifically Ranged-Focused Barbarian that does barbarian things (instead of debuffing) would be interesting.

Mada
2018-10-16, 04:45 PM
non-alchemist nonmagic caster-esque class

Wouldn't that be the Mystic?

igordragonian
2018-10-19, 07:00 AM
An eternal aperantice- a caster with cantrip only

An item based caster (Star Vs Forces Of Evil)

A Green Lantern

Courtsean

Element benders from Avatar

Chi blocker from avatar

Pony princess

Shield Fighter -Captain America?

PhoenixPhyre
2018-10-19, 08:19 AM
Shield Fighter -Captain America?

I don't have a full class based around it, but I do have a subclass of an incarnum-lite class that's "Captain America, the subclass":

Eternal Aegis Seeker of Forms (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HH_pwZ0J6q2TqIP0YmVLyTXArlDdVgtLUapJxC77ZGU/edit?usp=sharing)

Play-testing reports would be wonderful :smallbiggrin: