PDA

View Full Version : Epic Help

turkishproverb
2007-09-17, 07:06 PM
Cany anyone reccomend a good Template for an epic level character?

I'm starting a campain soon and I need an epic half-something template.

Guy_Whozevl
2007-09-17, 07:22 PM
A Paragon or Pseudonatural creature? Possibly a Monster of Legend depending on your race? I don't really play epic though.
Some non-epic templates could be Vampire and Vampire Lord on the WotC website.

The Glyphstone
2007-09-17, 08:31 PM
How many levels to play with? Any house rules on LA, Epic Magic, or anything else major?

turkishproverb
2007-09-17, 08:40 PM
How many levels to play with? Any house rules on LA, Epic Magic, or anything else major?

No house rules. But I can only add 1 template to the character.

Ted_Stryker
2007-09-17, 09:10 PM
No house rules. But I can only add 1 template to the character.
When you say this, are you building the character and then slapping on a template at the end, free of charge, or do you have to pay for the level adjustment out of the ECL of your PC? This is a very important distinction, especially for spellcasters, as if you have to pay for the template out of the PC's starting effective character level, it's possible for you to buy your way out of qualifying for epic spellcasting, which is not to be missed if you are playing a "no holds barred" epic campaign.

Ramza00
2007-09-17, 09:12 PM
take magic in the blood as your 1st lvl feat. Getting 3 uses of your race sp abilites per day instead of 1 can make a big difference.

The Glyphstone
2007-09-18, 04:59 AM
^Assuming he has racial SLAs...and what sort of racial SLAs could possibly make a difference in Epic levels?

We still need to know what level game this will be, and a clarification on whether your template takes away some of those levels...

kme
2007-09-18, 05:36 AM
If you get a Template for free (without LA) you can take demilich.Hehe I always wanted to play demilich.

Os course this means that you have to be an arcane spellcaster of level 21 :smallbiggrin: .