PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Dragonmark Redux

adso
2018-12-13, 02:10 PM
I play almost exclusively in Eberron and find that dragonmarks tend to be quite underwhelming. It can be a significant feat investment for a comparatively minor payoff, which does not jive well with the flavor text of the power of dragonmarks creating transcontinental economic power and being tied in to the draconic prophecy. Additionally, it interacts weirdly with the general power imbalance between casters and non-casters; generally mundanes tend to be more feat starved than their spell-casting counterparts, which makes it easier for casters to take the feats despite the fact that they can already cast most of the SLAs anyway. So I decided to move away from the feats based approach and switch to class levels. This accomplishes several objectives: 1) since class levels are a larger investment than feats, it increases the power budget that I have to work with, 2) since dipping is easier for mundanes than spellcasters, this gives mundanes a slight boost in power if they want specific magical abilities, and 3) cleaner integration of the Heir of Siberys prestige class with the least, lesser and greater dragonmarks. While I designed this for Pathfinder, it should mostly port over well to 3.5

The idea originally came from discussion in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?571217-Buffing-Dragonmarks), with ExLibrisMortis’s suggestion of modeling it after the 3.5 phrenic creature template. However, since Pathfinder doesn’t have a level adjustment system, I decided to make it into a prestige class with very middling benefits (medium BAB, one good save, d8 HD, 4 skill points). This is certainly an increase in power relative to the phrenic creature template, but I don’t view this as a major issue since 1) I want it to be a more tempting option given that I want to incentivize more PCs to have dragonmarks than to be phrenic, 2) phrenic was balanced based off of 3.5 standards; due to more consistent base class benefits and the favored class system, Pathfinder punishes multiclassing more than 3.5 did, and 3) the thematic consistency of each dragonmark slightly reduces the overall power level (e.g. if you have the lesser restoration SLA already, the marginal power increase of gaining a restoration SLA is lessened).

As I started to assign spell-like abilities, I found that for most Houses, there was a rather neat division of the existing options into two major themes (e.g. the Mark of Handling spells either give the ability to control or enhance animals, the Mark of Passage covers both teleportation and enhancement to more traditional movement, and the Mark of Making covers both conjuration (creation) spells and those that modify existing items). I realized that I liked the idea of each mark have two manifestations that each encapsulate one of these general themes. For some marks (like the Mark of Warding and the Mark of Detection), it was a bit harder to find abilities for a second manifestation, so I made a rare manifestation where the mark seems to operate in the opposite direction (the Concealment and Infiltration manifestations, respectively). I based this (and other abilities) off the existence of existing prestige classes like the Silver Key, the Black Dog and the Nosomatic Chirurgist that provide canon evidence for such phenomena. I also find that this provokes more interesting interactions between the Houses. Perhaps it explains the relative reclusiveness of House Medani, the Kundarak monopoly over banking, and the reason why House Sivis worked so actively on close relationship with House Kundarak, given that those with the Infiltration manifestation of the Mark of Warding can erase the gnomes’ Symbol spells. I have included my thoughts on the approximate percentage of each manifestation for all of the Marks.

Another issue I wanted to tackle was the reliance of all dragonmarks on Charisma. I understand the initial rationale but it also really limits character concepts in my opinion. For example, one of my players wanted to play a House Thuranni rogue that wasn’t good with people since he used his illusions to bypass social situations as he didn’t want to play a charisma rogue. But if he had low charisma then everyone would just see through his illusions. So instead I assigned each manifestation a unique associated skill and have them use that skill’s key ability modifier to affect spell DCs. This allows for more diversity of both player concepts and members of the Houses. Furthermore, pathfinder has a number of traits that allow the player to switch the key ability for another, so if the player has a particular concept in mind and is willing to invest resources in it, it should be possible. It was always a bit odd that almost all dragonmarked PCs in my campaigns just happened to be sorcerers, bards, face rogues or paladins. I think this change helps align the mechanics with the flavor that these marks can appear on anyone.

Finally, I included a progression that goes from Least all the way through Siberys marks. This is definitely a significant departure from the lore, but was a change made for balance reasons — when you get to high level play, it is really annoying to have a bunch of resources (whether feats or class levels) invested in being able to cast a bunch of meaningless 4th level spell-like abilities. However, the system is designed in such a way that DMs not wanting to make this change can just remove the fourth level of the new Dragonmarked Heir class and keep the Heir of Siberys PrC as the only way to qualify, or require the PC to accomplish some suitably significant task before taking the fourth level.

Overall, I am quite pleased with the system from a flavor perspective and it has made my PCs more interested in making dragonmarked characters (though it does not appear to be so powerful that everyone wants to do so). That said, I am interested in the playground’s balance advice on number of fronts:

1. General power level of class levels versus treating this closer to 3.5 phrenic creatures or bloodlines. I worry that not giving BAB and HD will just shift the balance back towards casters, while a major design goal was to create more interesting options for mundane characters.
2. Overall power of the system. I generally tried to keep things just at or under level, with some notable departures for spells that are more situational or just very closely tied to the flavor of the manifestation. While this means that Dragonmarked Heirs are often gaining certain spells before a comparably leveled sorcerer, I think this is balanced by the lack of flexibility and the fact that it is only castable 1/day for two levels at least. Plus, the idea is that these dragonmarks are tied to the creation of the world itself, so it would seem weird to lag too far behind some dude that studies spells like a nerd.
3. Comparative power level between the marks and manifestations.
4. Suggestions for feats! I am in the process of making some but since the marks themselves no longer require feats there is even more room for expanding the possibilities and including a wider array of character concepts.
5. Suggestions for replacing some of the 1st/7th/13th level powers or more appropriate SLAs as I’m not entirely happy with all of them.
6. Any other thoughts/questions/concerns you may have!

Without further ado, here is the system!

Dragonmarked Heir

LevelBABFortRefWillSpecial
1st+0+0+0+2Dragonmarked, Least Dragonmark
2nd+1+0+0+3Lesser Dragonmark
3rd+2+1+1+3Greater Dragonmark
4th+3+1+1+4Siberys Dragonmark

HD: d8
Skill points: 4+Int per level

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Dragonmarked Heir is proficient with simple weapons and light armor.

Dragonmarked: At 1st level, the Dragonmarked Heir must select both a dragonmark and a manifestation of that mark, as shown on the table below. The heir must be of the appropriate race to select a dragonmark. Once this choice is made it cannot be changed. The associated skill for the selected manifestation becomes a class skill if it is not already, and the heir gains the granted power of the dragonmark. The DC for all spell-like abilities granted by the Dragonmarked Heir class are 10 + ½ character level + associated ability modifier, where the associated ability is the key ability for the associated skill.

DragonmarkRaceManifestationsAssociated SkillGranted Power
Mark of DetectionHalf-ElfObservationPerceptionYou gain the Trap Spotter rogue talent
Mark of DetectionHalf-ElfConcealmentStealthGain Conceal Scent as a bonus feat
Mark of FindingHalf-Orc/HumanTrackingSurvivalGain Track as the Ranger class feature. If the Tharashk heir receives Track from another source, the bonuses stack
Mark of FindingHalf-Orc/HumanDiscoveryAppraiseAutomatically know when you fail an appraise check. Additionally, you may use Appraise instead of Spellcraft in order to identify the properties of magic items.
Mark of HandlingHumanControlHandle AnimalGain wild empathy as the druid class feature, with druid level equal to your character level. If you already have the wild empathy class feature from another source, you gain a +4 bonus to this check
Mark of HandlingHumanEnhancementKnowledge (Nature)You gain an animal companion as per the druid class feature with effective druid level equal to half your HD (rounded up). If you already have an animal companion from another source, increase your effective druid level by two (this may exceed your hit dice). Your personal range dragonmark SLAs can only be used on your animal companion via the share spells feature, you may not cast them with yourself as a target
Mark of HealingHalflingLifeHealAny humanoid that gets a full night's rest within 60ft of the Jorasco heir heals additional hit points equal to the heir's HD
Mark of HealingHalflingRestorationCraft (Alchemy)Crafting balms, medicines and tonics requires half as much gold and time
Mark of HospitalityHalflingRefugeKnowledge (Local)You gain a +2 morale bonus on all attack rolls, saving throws and skill checks made within the area of effect of your dragonmark SLAs
Mark of HospitalityHalflingSupportProfessionPrestidigitati on at will, but only to clean objects or warm, chill or flavor food
Mark of MakingHumanCraftingCraft (Armor)You are treated as proficient with any weapon or armor that you have personally crafted, and gain a +2 bonus on Use Magic Device checks to use items that you have crafted
Mark of MakingHumanModificationCraft (Weapons)Gain permanent Mage Hand as a supernatural ability. You do not need to concentrate to continue the effect.
Mark of PassageHumanTeleportationKnowledge (Arcana)You gain Combat Casting as a bonus feat
Mark of PassageHumanMovementAcrobaticsYou do not take nonlethal damage for hustling and gain Run as a bonus feat
Mark of ScribingGnomeCommunicationDiplomacyOnce per day you may reroll a diplomacy check. This must be done before you know the result of the roll
Mark of ScribingGnomeTextLinguisticsMay cast Scrivener's Chant and Arcane Mark at will as a spell-like ability, but Arcane Mark can only be used to create the House Sivis crest. You may only have two active dragonmark SLA Symbol spells active at any given time.
Mark of SentinelHumanVigilanceSense MotiveGain Improved Initative as a bonus feat
Mark of SentinelHumanProtectionAthletics1/day use a SLA as a swift action
Mark of ShadowElfEspionageDisguiseGain Deceitful as a bonus feat
Mark of ShadowElfDarknessBluffGain Blind Fight as a bonus feat
Mark of StormsHalf-ElfWindFlyGain permanent With the Winds as a supernatural ability. May use Cha in place of Dex for Fly checks. Save DCs for SLAs use Charisma instead of Dexterity
Mark of StormsHalf-ElfWeatherKnowledge (Geography)Gain electricity resistance 5, plus an additional 5 for every 5 HD you have
Mark of WardingDwarvesGuardingCraft (Traps)Gain the Quick Trapsmith rogue talent with rogue level equal to character level. You may only have two active dragonmark SLAs of Glyph of Warding and Greater Glyph of Warding active at any given time
Mark of WardingDwarvesInfiltrationDisable DeviceGain Trapfinding as the rogue class feature using her HD as her effective rogue level
Mark of DeathElfUndeadKnowledge (Religion)You gain a +4 bonus on all charisma related checks when dealing with undead creatures
Mark of DeathElfSlayingIntimidateWhenever you kill a living creature with at least half of your hit dice, you gain a +1 moral bonus on attack rolls and saving throws for one minute.

Least Dragonmark: At first level the heir gains a cantrip usable at will based on her mark and manifestation, as well as a more powerful spell-like ability (SLA) that is usable 1/day as shown in the tables below. If the heir has at least three hit dice, she gains the third level SLA usable 1/day and she may now use the first level SLA 3/day.

Lesser Dragonmark: If the heir has at least five hit dice, she gains the fifth level SLA usable 1/day and she may now use her third level SLA 3/day. If the heir has at least seven hit dice, she gains the seventh level dragonmark power associated with her manifestation and she may now use her fifth level SLA 3/day.

Greater Dragonmark: If the heir has at least nine hit dice, she gains the ninth level SLA usable 1/day. If the heir has at least eleven hit dice, she gains the eleventh level SLA usable 1/day and she may now use her ninth level SLA 3/day. If the heir has at least thirteen hit dice, she gains the thirteenth level dragonmark power associated with her manifestation and may now use here eleventh level SLA 3/day.

Siberys Dragonmark: If the heir has at least fifteen hit dice, she gains the fifteenth level SLA usable 1/day. If the heir has at least seventeen hit dice, she gains the seventeenth level SLA usable 1/day and she may now use her fifteenth level SLA 3/day.

Heir of Siberys

LevelBABFortRefWillSpecial
1st+0+0+0+2
2nd+1+0+0+3 Dragonmarked, Siberys Dragonmark

HD: d8
Skill points: 4+Int per level

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The Heir of Siberys does not gain any weapon or armor proficiencies

Dragonmarked: The Heir of Siberys must select both a dragonmark and a manifestation of that mark, as shown on the table below. The heir must be of the appropriate race to select a dragonmark. Once this choice is made it cannot be changed. The associated skill for the selected manifestation becomes a class skill if it is not already, and the heir gains the granted power of the dragonmark. The DC for all spell-like abilities granted by the Heir of Siberys class are 10 + ½ character level + associated ability modifier, where the associated ability is the key ability for the associated skill.

Siberys Dragonmark: If the heir has at least thirteen hit dice, she gains the thirteenth level dragonmark power associated with her manifestation. If the heir has at least fifteen hit dice, she gains the fifteenth level SLA usable 1/day. If the heir has at least seventeen hit dice, she gains the seventeenth level SLA usable 1/day and she may now use her fifteenth level SLA 3/day.

LevelObservationConcealment
CantripDetect PoisonPass without Trace
1stDetect MagicBlend
3rdSee InvisibilityNondetection
5thClairaudience/Clairvoyance (sight only)Detect Scrying
7thThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a least or lesser SLA to cast SLA to cast Greater Detect Magic, Detect Thoughts, or Detect Good/Evil/Law/ChaosGain permanent Blur as a supernatural ability. This effect cannot be dispelled but is suppressed in an antimagic field. You may suppress or resume this ability as a standard action.
9thScryingFalse Vision
11thTrue SeeingMislead
13thGain permanent Arcane Sight as supernatural ability. It cannot be dispelled, but can be suppressed by an antimagic fieldYou can use the Stealth skill even while being observed and without cover or concealment. This is a supernatural ability.
15thGreater Prying EyesMind Blank
17thGreater Scrying (Subject does not get will save bonus for being on another plane or limited knowledge)Impenetrable Veil

LevelTrackingDiscovery
CantripNature's Paths (self only)Know Direction
1stDeadeye's LoreIdentify
3rdTracking MarkLocate Object
5thLocate CreatureSpeak with Plants
7thWhen using your dragonmark SLAs, you can locate a specific creature you have never met. To do this, you must possess a piece of the target creature (hair, scale, nail, and so on) or an object the target has touched within one day per level. Additionally, you may move at your normal speed while following tracks and running water does not block the effects of your SLAs.You may expend one daily use of a least or lesser dragonmark SLA to add your level as a competence bonus to any Appraise, Knowledge (Nature), Perception or Survival check
9thFind QuarryCommune with Nature
11thUnerring TrackerFind the Path
13thAfter using any of your dragonmark SLAs targeting another creature, you are treated as having blindsight 60 feet but only to see the target and it can never surprise or flank you. This ability can only apply to one creature at a time and it resets whenever you use a SLA targeting another creature. Additionally, you gain the ability to track creatures under the effect of pass without trace, trackless step, or similar abilities, though you take a —20 penalty on your Survival check when doing so.Three times per day, you may expend one daily use of a greater or Siberys SLA to cast Stone Tell, Analyze Dweomer or Legend Lore
15thVision (creatures only)Tectonic Communion
17thDiscern Location (creatures only)Discern Location (objects only)

LevelControlEnhancement
CantripSpeak with AnimalsChameleon Scales
1stCharm AnimalLongstrider
3rdCall AnimalGreater Animal Aspect
5thDominate AnimalBeast Shape II
7thThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a least or lesser SLA to cast Wartrain Mount, Calm Animals or Animal MessengerYou may use your share spells ability with any willing creature of the animal or magical beast type within 60 feet
9thSummon Nature's Ally VI (Only animals and magical beasts)Baleful Polymorph
11thShare SkinBeast Shape IV
13thDragonmark abilities that affect animals (SLAs and wild empathy) affect magical beasts as wellYour effective druid level for your animal companion is now equal to your HD. If you already have an animal companion from another source, increase your effective druid level by four (this may exceed your hit dice)
15thMass Hold Monster (animals and magical beasts only)Awaken
17thSummon Nature's Ally IX (Only animals and magical beasts)Shapechange (But may only be used as Beast Form IV)

LevelLifeRestoration
CantripStabilizeRestore Corpse
1stCure Moderate WoundsRemove Sickness
3rdRemove DiseaseLesser Restoration
5thCure Critical WoundsSoothing Word
7thWhenever you cast a conjuration (healing) spell-like ability, you may spend an action point as a free action to apply the empower spell or maximize spell metamagic feat. This does not change the casting timeThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a least or lesser SLA to cast Remove Curse, Neutralize Poison or Restoration
9thBreath of LifeRaise Dead (requires greater Siberys dragonshard (2k+) as material component)
11thHealRegenerate
13thYou may spend an action point as a standard action to stabilize any number of allies within 30 feet. As part of this action, you can transfer any number of your own hit points to any number of allies within 30 feet, provided you are left with at least one hit point remaining. Temporary hit points cannot be transferred this wayYou are immune to disease, poison, ability damage and ability drain
15thMass Cure Critical WoundsGreater Restoration
17thMass HealTrue Resurrection (Greater Siberys shard worth at least 5000gp as a material component)

LevelRefugeSupport
CantripLightPurify Food and Drink
1stRope TrickDream Feast
3rdCampfire WallAbstemiousness
5thSecure ShelterCreate Food and Water
7thYou may spend an action point as a free action to apply the extend spell metamagic feat to any of your Mark of Hospitality spell-like abilitiesThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a least or lesser SLA to cast Aid, Nap Stack or Good Hope
9thArid RefugeLife Bubble
11thRampartGreater Heroism
13thThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a greater or Siberys SLA to cast Mage's Magnificent Mansion, Word of Recall or Life BubbleYou many spend an action point as a free action when you use a Mark of Hospitality SLA to double all morale bonuses and temporary hit points granted by the ability
15thPlanar RefugeHero's Feast
17thRefugeHeroic Invocation

LevelCraftingModification
CantripDetect MetalMending
1stCrafter's FortuneMagic Weapon
3rdWood/Stone ShapeGreater Make Whole
5thMinor CreationHeat/Chill/Warp Metal
7th You gain an item creation feat as a bonus feat. You still must meet the prerequisites for the feat. Three times per day, you may expend one daily use of a least or lesser SLA to cast Greater Magic Weapon, Magic Vestment or Keen Edge
9thFabricateFabricate
11thMajor CreationAnimate Objects
13thWhen crafting magic items, reduce the gold piece cost and time required by 25%You may use Telekenesis at will, though in order to use the violent thrust or combat maneuver options you must expend one daily use of a Greater or Siberys SLA. You may only affect creatures with the violent thrust, bull rush, grapple or trip options if they are wearing armor.
15thWall of IronAwaken Construct
17thTrue CreationIron Body

LevelTeleportationMovement
CantripApport Object (Only one item per HD may be prepared for receiving at any given time)Feather Step
1stDimension HopExpeditious Retreat
3rdSwipePhantom Steed
5thDimension DoorFreedom of Movement
7thYou may spend an action point to use your Dimensional Hop or Dimension Door SLA as a move action. When used in such a way, the spells do not limit what actions are available to you after castingYou may spend an action point as an immediate action to take an additional move action. You do not provoke attacks of opportunity for any movement taken during this additional action
9thTeleportOverland Flight
11thHostile JuxtapositionEthereal Jaunt
13thThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a greater or Siberys SLA to cast Plane Shift, Teleport Object or Walk Through Space.You gain +20 feet to all movement modes, including those granted by spells and items. This is a supernatural ability that cannot be dispelled, but is suppressed by an antimagic field
15thGreater TeleportEtherealness
17thTeleportation CircleFreedom

LevelCommunicationText
CantripMessageTranscribe
1stWhispering WindComprehend Languages
3rdTonguesIllusory Script
5thDemanding MessageExplosive Runes
7thThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a least or lesser SLA to cast Demanding Message, Sending or Conversing WindsGain permanent Authenticating Gaze as supernatural ability. It cannot be dispelled, but can be suppressed by an antimagic field
9thDominate PersonMark of Justice
11thMage's DecreeInstant Summons
13thYou gain Truespeech as a supernatural ability. This ability cannot be dispelled but is suppressed by an antimagic field.Three times per day, you may expend one daily use of a greater or Siberys SLA to cast Symbol of Distraction, Symbol of Stunning or Symbol of Sleep.
15thMass Demanding MessageSymbol of Death
17thDominate MonsterScribe's Binding

LevelVigilanceProtection
CantripKeen SensesMage Armor
1stAnticipate PerilShield of Faith
3rdStatusProtection from Arrows
5thPierce DisguiseProtection from Energy
7thUncanny DodgeUp to three times per day, you may use any of your dragonmark SLAs as an immediate action
9thDiscern LiesSpell Resistance
11thBattlemind LinkGlobe of Invulnerability
13thImproved Uncanny Dodge with rogue level equal to your HDThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a greater or Siberys SLA to cast Spell Turning, Repulsion or Communal Stoneskin.
15thMoment of PrescienceProtection from Spells
17thForesightGreater Spell Immunity

LevelEspionageDarkness
CantripSilent ImageProtective Penumbra
1stDisguise selfDarkness
3rdMinor ImageShadowmind
5thShadow EnchantmentEyes of the Void
7thThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a least or lesser SLA to cast Penumbral Disguise, Major Image or Dark WhispersThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a least or lesser SLA to cast Deeper Darkness, Shadow Invasion or Shadow Conjuration. If you cast Shadow invasion in this way, it is cast as an evocation (darkness) spell instead of conjuration (summoning) and has a 0% chance to summon a kyton
9thShadow WalkShadow Evocation
11thShadow TransmutationGreater Shadow Conjuration
13thYou can use the Stealth skill even while being observed. As long as you is within 10 feet of an area of dim light, you may hide from view in the open without anything to actually hide behind. You cannot, however, hide in your own shadow.All quasi-real effects created by spells with the (shadow) descriptor are 20% more real if disbelieved
15thProject ImageGreater Shadow Evocation
17thGreater Shadow TransmutationShades

LevelWindWeather
CantripGentle breezeRead Weather
1stAlter WindsFog Cloud
3rdGust of WindAggressive Thundercloud
5thFlyLightning Bolt
7thThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a least or lesser SLA to cast Tailwind, Wind Wall, or River of WindThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a least or lesser SLA to cast Sleet Storm, Hydraulic Torrent or Ice Storm
9thSirocco (Damage is untyped, creatures with the water subtype do not suffer additional affects and the spell lacks the fire descriptor)Call Lightning Storm
11thControl WindsControl Weather
13thYou gain a fly speed of 60 ft with good maneuverability. This is a supernatural ability.You are permanently under the effects of a Wandering Weather spell.
15thScouring WindsRide the Lightning
17thWinds of VengeanceStorm of Vengeance

LevelGuardingInfiltration
CantripAlarmOpen/Close
1stHold PortalErase
3rdArcane LockKnock
5thGlyph of WardingFind Traps
7thYou are treated as having the Craft Wondrous Item feat for the purpose of crafting magical traps. You may substitute Craft (Traps) for Spellcraft checks made as part of crafting magical trapsThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a least or lesser SLA to cast Invisibility, Greater Invisibility, or Invisibility Sphere. You may use your Erase spell-like ability to dispel Greater Glyphs of Warding and Symbol spells.
9thMage's Secret ChestPasswall
11thGreater Glyph of WardingLocate Gate
13thThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a greater or Siberys SLA to cast Mage's Private Sanctum, Mage's Faithful Hound or Wall of Force. You may make use of any magic door or portal you come across as though you had the specific ability to do so. In particular, you can bypass arcane lock spells as though you yourself had cast them, ignore glyphs of warding as though you knew the password (even glyphs that have no password). Your power even extends to portals created or maintained by magic. You can follow another character through a dimension door, and can enter a Mage's magnificent mansion, and similar structures regardless of whether the caster designated you as one of the creatures able to enter. This ability does not confer any advantage when dealing with mundane locks or doors.
15thDimensional LockPhase Door
17thPrismatic SphereMass Invisibility

LevelUndeadSlaying
CantripDetect UndeadDeathwatch
1stInflict moderate wounds (only to heal undead)Inflict moderate wounds (only to damage living creature)
3rdCommand UndeadDeath Knell
5thAnimate DeadEnervation
7thThree times per day, you may expend one daily use of a least or lesser SLA to cast Halt Undead, Speak with Dead or Gentle ReposeThe temporary hit points, strength bonus and CL increase of multiple castings of Death Knell stack, with additional castings resetting the duration. Whenever you reduce a living creature to -1 or fewer hit points with a melee attack or a necromancy spell or SLA, you may spend an action point to use your Death Knell SLA on the target as a free action and the Will DC to negate the effect is increased by two
9thInflict Moderate Wounds, Mass (only applies to undead)Slay Living
11thCreate UndeadHarm
13thYou are treated as undead when determining the effects of negative energy. Whenever you cast a spell or use a spell like ability that heals undead creatures, the effect is empowered.You are immune to negative levels and death effects.
15thControl UndeadFinger of Death
17thCreate Greater UndeadEnergy Drain