PDA

View Full Version : The Bride of the Bat!

Bluelantern
2007-09-22, 08:27 PM
Well, not a versus batman thread! but a plus batman thread!

Simple, who you think it is a better wife for the dark knight? sure, he is the lonely defender of the night, but if he would better who should it be?

I asking this, because I think so sweet the idea of Wonder Woman dating him, that possibility is show in some stories, but hardly will become true.

Of course, the best option would be Catwoman, is just too much of a classic to not be used.

Anyway, give your opinions.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-09-22, 09:36 PM
I think it is Catwoman. Every alternate future I have seen with Bats married, he's married to Selina.

Green Bean
2007-09-22, 09:39 PM
From a canon perspective, I'll throw my vote in for Catwoman. Of course, deep down I'll still hope for Wonder Woman, both because of their similar outlooks, and the wide variety of possible "Man of Kleenex, Woman of Steel" quips.

Bluelantern
2007-09-22, 10:48 PM
From a canon perspective, I'll throw my vote in for Catwoman. Of course, deep down I'll still hope for Wonder Woman, both because of their similar outlooks, and the wide variety of possible "Man of Kleenex, Woman of Steel" quips.

LoL

Another thing: If WW and Bats marry and have a kid, they could marry Super+Lois kid =D

EDIT:

Yes, I know is extremely fanboyish

Green Bean
2007-09-22, 11:13 PM
LoL

Another thing: If WW and Bats marry and have a kid, they could marry Super+Lois kid =D

EDIT:

Yes, I know is extremely fanboyish

Bah! Fanboyism is nothing to be ashamed of. Well, most of the time. Some of the time. In rare cases. :smallbiggrin:

Tirian
2007-09-23, 12:12 AM
Of course, deep down I'll still hope for Wonder Woman, both because of their similar outlooks, and the wide variety of possible "Man of Kleenex, Woman of Steel" quips.

What similar outlook is that? Batman thinks that the world should be in the hands of mortals, Wonder Woman is a nigh-goddess. I'd sooner pair Batman up with Lady Shiva.

And I think that Selina would be very good for Bruce, but Bruce is very much about not doing things that are very good for him. So in the long term I see him with Talia al Ghul. Which seems to match up with more than a one future timeline that I've seen in which their child is running the show.

Finn Solomon
2007-09-23, 12:38 AM
Catwoman, or Talia Al Ghul. Wonder Woman is Supes's girl. Although Bruce's likely possibility of stealing her from Clark will be another point scored in the Batman vs Superman game of one-upmanship.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-09-23, 02:23 AM
I would rather see him chained by the bonds of destiny to...

...a lead weight in the Hudson river.

Jerthanis
2007-09-23, 03:07 AM
I would rather see him chained by the bonds of destiny to...

...a lead weight in the Hudson river.

But Batman has planned for exactly such a situation, and has a Lead weight buoyancy device on his utility belt. He then uses his detective skills to track you down for even thinking such a thing and throws a Batarang at you. :smalltongue:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to go with Catwoman as well. Selina's just the one most everyone is aware of, and they have good chemistry, and as continuity has gone forward she's been less and less of a criminal and more and more trusted by Bruce... it's just the only choice that really makes sense.

That is assuming, of course, that he doesn't end up friendless and alone like in Batman Beyond, which I find insanely probable.

Green Bean
2007-09-23, 09:47 AM
What similar outlook is that? Batman thinks that the world should be in the hands of mortals, Wonder Woman is a nigh-goddess. I'd sooner pair Batman up with Lady Shiva.

Similar in that they both have very active personalities, and that both have similar sets of ethics. Plus, both Wonder Woman and Batman are skilled unarmed combatants. And are you sure that Bats really thinks that? His choice of co-workers says no.

Bluelantern
2007-09-23, 10:07 AM
Agreed with H_V, batman fights crime because he want and can do it, not because "the world need a non-superpowered hero" or anything like that. He may keep humans closer, but has a big network of superpaws

I'm afraid I'm going to have to go with Catwoman as well. Selina's just the one most everyone is aware of, and they have good chemistry, and as continuity has gone forward she's been less and less of a criminal and more and more trusted by Bruce... it's just the only choice that really makes sense.

I like the Animated batman version where she is a criminal but more of a eco-terrorist style.

That is assuming, of course, that he doesn't end up friendless and alone like in Batman Beyond, which I find insanely probable.
Actually, in the first episode, they mention "Bruce Jr." but he is never show and appears to be forgotten late in the series, his mother is a mistery, but it is easy to find out who must be :smallbiggrin:

Plus, I never said that they are going to be happy ever after xD

Scorpina
2007-09-23, 02:17 PM
Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne are a perfect match. The more heroic Catwoman and the Batman are also a good match. Diana Prince and Bruce Wayne? Not so much. Wonder Woman and Batman? Interesting pairing, and it was kind of sweet in some episodes of JLU... but I really don't see it working out between them.

So, of the two, Catwoman would be a better Mrs. Batman.

Of course that doesn't mean that either of them would be good wives for him. Personally, I think it'd be awesome if Bruce swooped into Metropolis and stole Oracle away from Nightwing. Just 'cause. :smalltongue:

Green Bean
2007-09-23, 02:28 PM
Of course that doesn't mean that either of them would be good wives for him. Personally, I think it'd be awesome if Bruce swooped into Metropolis and stole Oracle away from Nightwing. Just 'cause. :smalltongue:

Well, duh. Oracle is 50 pounds of awesome in a three pound bag.

Bluelantern
2007-09-23, 02:49 PM

Actually, I don't think that the problem would be the girls, Batman is not exactly someone who you would think as a good husband =P

Now you made me think. Wonder Woman married, how would that work?

Scorpina
2007-09-23, 03:37 PM
Actually, I don't think that the problem would be the girls, Batman is not exactly someone who you would think as a good husband =P

That too. :smalltongue:

Now you made me think. Wonder Woman married, how would that work?

Modern Wonder Woman? Not to well, I don't think.

Elliot Kane
2007-09-23, 04:32 PM
Talia Al Ghul or Selina Kyle. Has to be one of them, IMO. He already is married to Talia, of course, but whether that would be legally recognised in Gotham is something else...

Overall, I tend to favour Talia, because she's as crazy as he is :D

Green Bean
2007-09-23, 05:34 PM

Must. Resist. Making. Joke. About. Robin. :smallbiggrin:

Idiotbox90
2007-09-23, 06:33 PM
I believe this link is relevant:

http://www.superdickery.com/seduction/28.html

Witchhunter
2007-09-23, 07:03 PM
Well, Batman and Selina did hook up. That's where the Huntress comes from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntress_%28comics%29

http://spider-bob.com/heroes/dc/images/Huntress07.jpg

EvilJames
2007-09-23, 07:26 PM
Well, Batman and Selina did hook up. That's where the Huntress comes from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntress_%28comics%29

http://spider-bob.com/heroes/dc/images/Huntress07.jpg

That's not the modern huntress though that's the huntress from the golden age (well she was created in the silver age as the daughter of the golden age batman and catwoman) and she no longer exists:smallfrown:

Scorpina
2007-09-23, 07:38 PM
...or she might exist again on one of the new 51 alternate worlds.

Helena Bertinelli is a much cooler version of The Huntress than Helena Wayne, in my opinion.

gatitcz
2007-09-24, 12:25 AM
Is this a good time to mention the original Katherine Kane?

IMO, neither Selina nor Talia is a good match for him. Both are criminals who never really reform - Batman couldn't just look the other way. And they don't mesh with Bruce Wayne. Wonder Woman isn't really the best match either, though a fanboy part of me thinks it would be cool. Of course, Bats already has a kid with Talia (Damian seems different than the other Ibns), and the new Helena Kyle was hinted to be his kid before Slam showed up (why taunt the readers? Especially when it can be so easily retconned later on because of Hush).

Of the possible choices, I guess Selina's probably best in-canon.

Tirian
2007-09-24, 01:29 AM
*shrug* Batman is also a criminal who has never reformed -- assault and battery, extreme property damage, child endangerment, yadda yadda yadda. He likes you if the world is safer at the end of your shift, if you aren't reckless, and if you don't kill. I presume Talia is relatively weak on the last one, but I could imagine that she would be easy to reform or at least Bruce would enjoy devoting himself to reforming her. Bruce has had relations with both of these women throughout the last thirty years, so it goes without saying that their morality is not so abhorrent to him.

I find myself preferring Talia because I suspect that Bruce would be increasingly interested in stopping crime (as opposed to fighting it), and Selina's mind seems to work more on fighting an individual bad guy than in stamping out the root causes of human misery. To make a bold statement, with Talia at his side I think that Bruce could figure out how to do good without dressing up like a flying rodent, which is probably good for just about everybody.

GoC
2007-09-24, 07:13 AM
I like the Animated batman version where she is a criminal but more of a eco-terrorist style.

Eco-terrorists are nasty.:smalleek:
Ever read Rainbow Six?

Green Bean
2007-09-24, 07:18 AM
Eco-terrorists are nasty.:smalleek:
Ever read Rainbow Six?

Luckily, no.

Blue Paladin
2007-09-26, 11:09 AM
The first is still the best: Kathy Kane.

(not that new-fangled Kate Kane, but the original!)

Scorpina
2007-09-26, 11:13 AM
Eh, I much, much, much prefer Kate to Kathy.

For the same reason that Betty Kane is the worst Batgirl ever.

new1965
2007-09-26, 01:47 PM
If the could get on the same pages, Talia

Shes a good match for him mentally, physically and Bats already has a kid with her
(and i just realized someone already said this)