PDA

View Full Version : creating Batman's utility belt

KnotaGuru
2018-12-30, 04:53 PM
How would you go about creating Batman's utility belt for 5e? I found this link (https://thecomicvault.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/what-can-be-found-inside-batmans-utility-belt/) that lists what's in there. Should the items be mechanical/alchemical or magical? If magical, would you use charges or daily uses?

Laughingdagger
2018-12-30, 05:07 PM
How would you go about creating Batman's utility belt for 5e? I found this link (https://thecomicvault.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/what-can-be-found-inside-batmans-utility-belt/) that lists what's in there. Should the items be mechanical/alchemical or magical? If magical, would you use charges or daily uses?

For the ability to have on hand any small to medium item at any given time, look no further than the wizard, conjuration tradition.

The level 2 ability is some of the most fun you will ever have for this role, especially if you end up with Keen Mind or Observant as a feat (let's be honest, if your stats are decent or you're a VHuman at least one of these is roleplaying gold) and can notice or remember something with near perfect clarity.

However, if you need intricate tools or something mechanical, maybe something with unique properties, it's not the cat's meow.

I would venture to say that the robe of useful items aspires to be batman's belt, or perhaps playing a warforged with the new rules and carry a ton of tool kits internally and integrally built into you. Inspector Gadget by night, Bruce Wayne by day.

Dungeon-noob
2018-12-30, 06:42 PM
Magic item, cloak of usefull items. That should cover it fairly well. It's there in the DMG.

Sigreid
2018-12-30, 08:12 PM
Magic item, cloak of usefull items. That should cover it fairly well. It's there in the DMG.

This is what I was thinking, only a belt of useful items with the items being in the small pouches.

Zonugal
2018-12-30, 10:10 PM
This is what I have initially for the Batman of my campaign setting.

Equipment: a bandoleer (containing: three acids, three alchemist fires, & two antitoxins), a belt pouch (containing: a Portable Hole [within it: 4 gp, an Alchemy Jug, Alchemist’s Supplies. a Bag of Beans, Brewer’s Supplies, Calligrapher’s Supplies, a Candle of the Deep, a Cap of Water Breathing, Carpenter’s Tools, Cartographers Tools, Climber’s Kit, Cobbler’s Tools, Cook’s Utensils, a Decanter of Endless Water, Dice Set, a Dimensional Shackles, Disguise Kit, a Driftglobe, Dust of Disappearance, Dust of Dryness, a Ear Horn of Hearing, an Elixir of Health, an Eversmoking Bottle, a Folding Boat, Forgery Kit, Glassblower’s Tools, Healer’s Kit, an Immovable Rod, Jeweler’s Tools, Keoghtom’s Ointment, a Lantern of Revealing, Leatherworker’s Tools, a Lock of Trickery, Mason’s Tools, a Mystery Key, a Necklace of Fireballs, Nolzur’s Marvelous Pigments, Navigator’s Tools, Painter’s Supplies, Perfume of Bewitching, a Philter of Love, Pipes of Haunting, Playing Cards, Poisoner’s Kit, a Pole of Collapsing, Potter’s Tools, Quaal’s Feather Token (Anchor), Quaal’s Feather Token (Swan Boat), Quaal’s Feather Token (Tree), a Rust Bag of Tricks, Smith’s Tools, Tinker’s Tools, an Unbreakable Arrow, a Wand of Secrets, Weaver’s Tools, a Wind Fan, & Woodcutter’s Tools]), Boots of Elvenkind, +1 Mithral breastplate armor, Cloak of the Bat*, twelve daggers, Dread Helm, Eyes of Minute Seeing, a set of fine clothes, Gloves of Thievery, Headband of Intellect*, holy symbol (bat amulet), Ring of Mind Shielding*, +1 rapier, Rope of Climbing, and thieves’ tools
Equipment in the Cave: Apparatus of Kwalish, Broom of Flying, Carpet of Flying (4 ft. by 6 ft.), & Sending Stones (James Gordon has the other)

ImproperJustice
2018-12-31, 11:38 AM
Somewhere there is a good link on these forums for a Battlemaster / Rogue / Artificer to emulate Batman.
The Robe of Useful items and a fluffed Alchemy bag makes a good utility belt.