PDA

View Full Version : Creature based Artifact help

richardbob123
2019-01-07, 09:45 AM
For my campaign , at the moment i'm thinking of making 6 Artifact that have a soul of a powerful creature with them
the Creatures are based on
>Fenrir
>The nemean lion
>One red dragon
>one white dragon
>A griffin
> one base on Typhon from greek mythology

and at the moment i can't think of any ability from them apart being able to cover the wielder in a suit of armour

richardbob123
2019-01-07, 09:49 AM
the type of Artifact are :
>Fenrir:Sword
>The nemean lion: Axe
>One red dragon:Gauntlets
>one white dragon: Wings
>A griffin: Spear or Glaive
> Typhon : helmet

Unoriginal
2019-01-07, 09:58 AM
Fenrir: get STR 30, do double damage to items and building, get advantage on all ability checks made to break things.

Nemean lion: Immunity to all damages

Typhon: Double the number of attacks the user can do as part of their Attack or Multiattack action.

Arcangel4774
2019-01-07, 04:18 PM
Have any lorewise information on the dragons and griffen?

Namean lion is known for its inpenetrable hide; so some sort of invulenerability or damage resistanteffect. Oh and the axe pretty much has to be gold lol. Its got me think of the lion sin of pride from 7 Deadly Sins so maybe draw inspirstion from that.

Fenrir im not as great on the lore of but i know it can only be restrained by a nonexistant chain. I think he was also destined to eat the moon and kill odin but im not completely sure.

Typhon is basically a storm giant god unless im mistaken. So some sort of storm aura, maybe a better version of the barbarian thing as that was nerfed to obscurity.

Arcangel4774
2019-01-07, 04:24 PM
Seeing your application of the griphon being storm based maybe use typheus as apposed to typhon. Typheos i believe was (sometimes the same person) but more of a volcano

richardbob123
2019-01-13, 05:25 PM
this is what i have so far

The Talon Of the Stormlord

Curved blade adorns the tip of this solid gold and steel spear, decorated with large feathers that appear to float on a unidentifiable breeze.
You gain a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls with this magic weapon in addition to 1d6 lighting damage.The weapon has a total of 6 charges and regains 1d4 - 1 charges daily at dawn. While in a mountainous region or area of strong air elemental magic, it regains 1d3 charges after completing a short or long rest. As a bonus action, You can expand up 6 charge to empower the spear with the force of the storm , any target that is hit by the attack takes 1d10 of lighting or thunder (chosen by you) damage per charge spent . When you hit with a ranged attack using this weapon, the weapon immediately flies back to your hand.

Aegis of the Stormlord:

Random Properties: The Talon of the Stormlord have the following random properties:
1 minor beneficial property
1 major beneficial property
1 minor detrimental property
Sentience. The Talon of the Stormload is a sentient chaotic neutral weapon with an Intelligence of 15, a Wisdom of 18, and a Charisma of 16. It has hearing and darkvision out to a range of 120 feet.The weapon communicates telepathically with its wielder and can speak, read, and understand Common and Auran

Spells: While the Spear is on your person, you can use an action to cast one of the following spells from it: Investiture of Wind , Control Winds , or Wind Walk. Once you use the sword to cast a spell, you can't cast that spell again from it until the next dawn.