PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Ceboid: Three Limbed Monkeyfolk (PEACH)

sandmote
2019-01-12, 10:00 PM
This page on the Homebrewery (https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rymcM9Xuz4)

Ceboids
A primate-like race, these arboreal humanoids are known for their prehensile tails.

Ability Score Increase
Your Intelligence score increases by 2 and your Dexterity score increases by 1.

Size
Ceboids have a rather short stature even when standing up straight, ranging from 3 to 4 feet tall. Your size is small. Your weight is between 30 and 35 pounds.

Arboreal Heritage
Due to the tree climbing lifestyle of Ceboids, you have a climbing speed of 30 feet.

Flying Ape
Your jump height and distance are doubled, and you can make a long jump or high jump after moving only 5 feet.

Dexterous Tail
Your tail is extremely dexterous, able to use tools or wield a weapon with the Light property. Additionally, you can wield a weapon with the Two-handed or Versatile property in one hand and your tail, gaining the benefits of holding the weapon in two hands. However, you cannot carry a shield or manage the precise movements required to cast a spell with somatic components using your tail.

Languages
You can speak, read, and write Common and Ape. Ape is a guttural language, filled with shouts and screeches.

Speed
Your base walking speed is 30 feet.

Ceboids reach maturity by age 7. Compared to humans, Ceboids don’t usually live longer than 40 years.
The main benefit being the dexterous tail, which grants benefits for two-weapon fighting, ranged weapons, and sword and board. Theoretically also two handed weapons, but you're small.

I've also written a feat for ceboids,
Prerequisite: Ceboid

You learn to add extra power to your unarmed strikes. You gain the following benefits:

Increase your Strength or Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strikes.
If another ability allows you to roll a die larger than a d4 for your unarmed strikes, you can instead choose to roll a die one size larger.

I'm not entirely sure how to word the last ability, but the idea is that your unarmed strikes increase in power on top of monk's martial arts die or similar abilities.

On detect Balance, I think the race comes out about 24? I'm not entirely sure how to count flying ape and dexterous tail, but I figure the former counts at 2 and 8 for the latter?