PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Pact of the Phoenix

AgentMaineSIGMA
2019-01-16, 05:03 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uTUgDtvtuuQTYE-TQvLbsrbQ4zip-pzT8yNwAfvihhE/edit?usp=sharing

Awhile back, I had the idea of doing a series of elemental warlocks, but I never got past the Kraken. Today, I remembered that phoenixes are a thing, and are perfect beings for a fire-based warlock. The abilities for this pact are based on several things: the first ability is basically identical to the tempest cleric's "Wrath of the Storm", but with buffed damage since fire is so commonly resisted. Next, they have a very toned down version of Lay on Hands, with less damage healed and versatility but a faster recharge. I couldn't think of a compelling, unique third level ability, so I gave a slight buff to fire spells and fire resistance (you get powers from a Phoenix, fire shouldn't be able to hurt you). Finally, I gave them an auto-resurrection once per long rest that takes them back to bloodied. This ability is the one I'm the most concerned about, but given that Warlocks are far from beefy, and the fact that they lack a lot of endurance in fights, I think a little tweaking could make it work perfectly. If you have any ideas on how to tweak it, or any of the other abilities I've written, feel free to respond. If you like this, check out my other home-brew stuff (particularly Aster's Arcane Atlas; link in my signature). Thanks!

AgentMaineSIGMA
2019-01-16, 05:40 PM
I now realize I gave them a better version of the Celestial Warlock's main ability at 6th level, so I'll change that around so it isn't as powerful. In fact, it's way too functionally similar to the Celestial. So I'm gonna have to rethink a lot of it.