PDA

View Full Version : Vampire: Renfield's Masquerade (Game Thread)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jeggred Von
2007-10-10, 03:50 PM
Jeggred spins around slowly, then walks off to find a calm and peaceful resting place. This town and it's inhabitants getting too caught up in the chaos that the undead bring. It made the man sigh.

"With vampires running around, one wonders where their source could be...or even if they could kill it." Jeggred thought to himself.

The man took off his wide brimmed hat and wiped his brow. Glad to see the sun, the exotic manwalked into a bedroom and closed the door, locking all the locks. He finished by placing a small glass vial on the floor, in the path of the door if opened while he slept.

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-10, 06:22 PM
"A Vampire dead? this makes my, err, night!"

*Goes of to sell stakes.*

Neodan282
2007-10-10, 09:11 PM
((See? now that we know what happens when a vampire dies, PGCoD is proubly inncocent.))

Shadow
2007-10-12, 10:01 AM
I haven't heard from Helgraf in a few. I was waiting on him to answer something, but in the interest of keeping the game moving, here we go.
To whom it may concern: I'll get that to you in a moment.
You rise early this evening in search of your meal. Earlier than normal. Your desire for the blood of this one is great indeed if you awoke while the sun still hangs a little higher in the sky than is usual.
But not too high for him to escape me, you think to yourself.
Closing your eyes to concentrate on the image of his face, as you've done so often, you feel your way east through the long hallways, staying to the shadows. Staying out of sight. Passing the chapel you peer inside to where a man in robes lingers over a body.
Not that one. The stench of death is in the chapel. I will not feed there.
The robed man stands tall for a moment before nearly collapsing from exhaustion. Easy prey he would be right now, but no. The stench of the dead blood in the chapel is too overpowering for you to ignore. Better to continue on to the original target. Quickly now, before the rest of the fools awaken.
Let them rise to find his barren body and know fear.
The doorway is just up ahead. Your pulse would quicken if you had one.
Reaching the door, you turn the knob slowly, silently. It swings wide on trusty hinges that you have never heard squeak.
That's why I chose you tonight. No one will know until late in the evening. Say your goodbyes to this world.
Turning to enter the room, you meet an unseen obstacle. A wall that isn't a wall. And then you remember the stories. Since your rebirth a few nights ago, you've found your meals simply. Never stalked into your prey's room. Never had to. But now the memories of childhood stories come flooding back.
I must be invited. Better I should risk the chapel than waste more time here.
Returning down the hallway, you find the chapel starting to fill for evening mass. The robed man and the dead one are nowhere to be found.
The scent of dead blood is gone. Interesting. But too many people have arrived. I've missed my chance to feed this night. Their blood will flow tomorrow. I promise....

Vampires attacked, but were mysteriously unable to finish the kill.
No one died this evening.
Andre Fairchilde has been returned to the world of the living.

Night begins and will end in approximately 48 hours.
Now get to pointing!

Korias
2007-10-12, 12:07 PM
((... I'm thinking that there was an invocation cast from that descriptor. But that could be me ranting.))

Korias sits on the rooftop where his cannon WAS, and sees that Andre has returned to the living. Pointing at him, he asks: Why dont you stay dead, you blast templar?!

Haruki-kun
2007-10-12, 12:50 PM
I wonder, Korias, why would you point at someone who was killed and was innocent? Isn't that pretty suspicious?

Madmal
2007-10-12, 03:27 PM
((OOC: *Points at Korias))

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-12, 03:30 PM
Ma'am,
There're strange rumors goin arownd London. Peepal say they smelt the ded in the church at evning mass. And the Templer Kniyt Andre is alive agen. I kno u wood want to kno this so I got a note writ to you.
Charlie.
Clara swiftly reads the note and throws it into the fire. "There is no evidence as to whom raised that strange Templar. And no interfering spy of my Mama will find this note now."
The door to Claras' bedchamber slides open slowly. "Miss Clara, dinner is almost ready. And Lord Fullbladder will not be joining after all." says a pile of clean bedsheets.
Smiling faintly Clara dismisses Susan, "Thank you. I'll be down in five minutes. I'm simply waiting for my necklace to be brought."

At nine pm precisely Clara takes a breath and enters to stifling air that is the upper class formal dinner. "Good eveing Mama, my Lords and Ladies. I'm glad you could come."

((So, does this mean the Baner managed to protect someone?))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-12, 04:09 PM
(No, it more than likely means that the vampires have formed a coven. Look at the rules for their night kills...)

Zar Peter
2007-10-12, 04:31 PM
Zar Peter stands up, a little bit dizzy because of the red wine.

Oh man, I have to go to the toilet! Emergency!

On his way he tosses Haruki-kun, who stands in the direct line between ZP's seat and the toilets, beside and doesn't even say sorry.

Neodan282
2007-10-12, 05:00 PM
(( I'll just point at Lord Fullbladder, how do we know he isn't the lord of vampires? That and I just want to point at somebody being pointed at.))

evnafets
2007-10-12, 06:01 PM
Well someone coming back from the dead is an unnatural act.
It could be the act of a necromancer.
It might also be that he has become a prince of the night.

Who is to say?

evnafets points at Lord Fullbladder

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-12, 06:12 PM
Points at Korias

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-12, 06:33 PM
The Hunter leans against a wall, still saying no words.

He looks towards Lord Fullbladder with an Icy glance.

Shadow
2007-10-12, 07:06 PM
The following players need to vote today or be auto-lynched:

Therarde

Thank you.

HyramGraff
2007-10-12, 08:18 PM
I say, I'm not usually someone who pays attention to nobility but didn't that Lord Fullblader chap say that he was the master of goblins or some other such nonsense?

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-10-13, 12:15 AM
"Of course, Mr. Graff. But I have said a good many things, and may in fact be guilty of twice that number. Now please, what exactly is the evidence against me? Am I to have a fair trial?"

He retruns Almihgty Salmon's glare with one of his own, for lack of leads.

Ichneumon
2007-10-13, 02:56 AM
Ichneumon walks to the lord and says

Lord Fullbladder, I really like your new avatar.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-13, 03:43 AM
Sashos demands that I die and if you people don't help me, I'll have to do it myself.
The dark figure in the corner produces a poignard and attempts to stab him/herself.

((Points at self to avoid the auto)

Jontom Xire
2007-10-13, 06:22 AM
Back, and pointing at Fleeing Coward.

((Sorry for the abbreviated post, but I've just spent the last 2 hours or so catching up on the backlog of WW games I'm in. So knackered and still have to repair my radiator. ))

Pwenet
2007-10-13, 07:02 AM
((Sorry, work and house-sitting, been really tired as of late. Time for some catch-up))

Opening his eyes, the darkness of the room that Pwenet lies in sends bells ringing throughout his skull. Moaning, he raises one scarred hand to his eyes to block the offending darkness, then the noises of the various people start slapping him silly, sending waves of red through his head as he groans and tries to roll over, tipping over several empty bottles of potent alcoholic beverages.

"Why won't it stop? WHY DO I STILL REMEMBER!!!"

Screaming in agony as his head splits even further with his desperate cries, he breaks down for several seconds as he recalls his death once again. Not even the soothing balm of alcohol could erase the memories nor the sensations of his death. In fact, the alcohol had given the hallucinations a surreal quality that made it all the more worse.

Finally pushing himself to a vertical position, he stumbles and finds jug of water, which he starts to drink like a dehydrated man, until it is empty, not caring or noticing how the water gets his torn and dirty clothing soaked. As the waves of pain start to slowly fade, he opens the door and stumbles out into the world he had vanished from for several days in a drunken stupor.

The first thing he notices, is the form of Andre Fairchilde. Seeing the walking-dead, something in Pwenet snaps. He starts chuckling, laughting, then outright bawling in amusement.

"You have crossed the line you zealot. What have you say now, being what you despise?"

Still chuckling, Pwenet starts to wavers, the sudden movement, water, and residual drunkiness within him start to fight a battle over the meaning of life, and his body decides to settle the fight, and he turns and gets violently sick all over Korias. That settles the argument, with all sides agreeing that llama's are the sole reason for existence, and he looks up at Korias.

"Sorry mate, but hey, when you die, you won't care. You are next! You will cross the boarder between living, death, living!"

Vonriel
2007-10-13, 10:56 AM
(( I don't get it. Didn't you want us to lynch you, FC? So why not just get autolynched?

I'm too tired to think, right now. Pointing at Lord Fullbladder, though. ))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-13, 11:19 AM
Templar Fairchilde is in the chapel. October 13th is a holy day for the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar), for today in 1307 King Philip had many of the order arrested, tortured, and burned at the stake - effectively eliminating the order.

Andre walks into the confessional "Forgive me father for I have just killed quite a few men." (Who will win the quote contest - What movie is that from?)

While meditating in the church, Andre's thoughts turned to Fleeing Coward.
"When such a person claims to avert suicide (autolynch) by asking threatening suicide (pointing at himself), that person is really bringing suspicion on himself. Perhaps Fleeing Coward is actually a wolf, pretending to be a sheep in the flock?"

Raiser Blade
2007-10-13, 01:07 PM
*point at fullbladder

Captain van der Decken
2007-10-13, 03:34 PM
*Decken nudges Andre Fairchilde*

"Spare a sixpence, sir?"

ZombieRockStar
2007-10-14, 01:02 AM
Walking down the streets. Party behind. The fresh air providing a contrast, a break. Cold and stiff, fog misting on the cobblestone ground, like a storming of your senses with pure coldness. Dark. But there stands a figure in the darkness. Not interested in company right now, needing a break from the party. Merely a nod and a smile to Andre Fairchile and passing on.

Helgraf
2007-10-14, 04:48 AM
((Just a quick note - for those who hadn't received the news via other means. My cable connection had crapped out for nearly 3 days. It seems to be back in normal operating order now; Shadow will post the end of "night" results as normal and I will resume with the next "day", rather than switching places. The madness of Renfield will resume presently.))

"Lost ... and lost ... and damnably found.
Around the merry hawthorn mound.
Blood and gore, gyr and gyre
Dancing in our funeral pyre."

The madman pranced about the hallway, eyes distant perhaps, seeing noone there. He twisted, he turned, cavorted and caroused.

"Bind and bound and faithful hound
Around the circle dead
Find and found and eternal round
Spell and speak, strong and weak
All fall in red."

And with that, he fell forward, collapsing face down upon the floor. Blood trickled from one ear to slowly pool between the cobbles.

Jontom Xire
2007-10-14, 06:30 AM
Sashos demands that I die and if you people don't help me, I'll have to do it myself.
The dark figure in the corner produces a poignard and attempts to stab him/herself.

((Points at self to avoid the auto)

I agree with Andre Fairchilde. This is so ridiculous as tro be untrue. He could have pointed at anyone to avoid auto-lynch, even joined a bandwagon.

I believe Fleeing Coward is a vampire.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-14, 06:44 AM
((Since I don't want to be involved in a bandwagon when I have no idea what's going on and I've decided from when I first started playing that I will not allow myself to be autolynched which leaves me with only the option of pointing at myself.))

Freshmeat
2007-10-14, 06:47 AM
(Point at Alarra.)

Ink
2007-10-14, 11:39 AM
((I don't know if he's a vampire pulling a ruse or if he just wants out, but either way someone will be happy if we lynch him. Ink points at Fleeing Coward.))

Korias
2007-10-14, 01:26 PM
Korias flicks some of the vomit off his person. Ungrateful little wretch, I bring rum and this is what happens... Korias then moves away from the group, letting them sort this mess out for themselves.

Shadow
2007-10-14, 06:54 PM
The group gathers around Lord Fullbladder, deciding him to be the most likely Childe of the Night.
Encircling him the mob begins to taunt the poor Lord.

We knew it was you.
Stand and take this like a man, you devil.
Back to the depths of hell with you, fiend!

The Lord stands frozen in place, terrified at the fate about to be revealed to him. But just as CurlyKitGirl about to swing the axe that she's saved from yestereve's debacle, Lord Fullbladder vanishes in a splash of blood. In his place stands Therarde.

Poor, hapless Therarde is cut in twain by the mighty cleave that no one expected from such a slender girl.
Standing in awe as Therarde's body bleeds itself dry, the masses don't even notice Fullbladder slip away, content to hide for the day to come.

To hide from the Englishmen and the Vampires.

Lord Fullbladder was lynched.
He was saved by Tremere's use of a Blood Shield.
Therarde was auto-lynched.

Night 5 ends.
Day begins and will end in approximately 24 hours.
or whenever is convenient for Helgraf.
Please send any pertinent PMs to both Helgraf and Shadow.

((Sorry this is so short. I'm only home for about 30 minutes today.))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-14, 08:08 PM
Templar Fairchilde squats near the body. "Let's see. Fleeing Coward had more lynch votes than I, but was not lynched.

Purple has avoided the lynch.

Now Lord Fullbladder was prevented the lynch."

He stands, and looks at the dispersing townspeople - some already drunk.

Templar Fairchilde returns to the church to check his weapons, eat some dinner before heading out on his search for Vampires.

Shadow
2007-10-16, 01:00 AM
As I'm currently narrating two different games and playing in two as well, I would like to ask that any PMs sent to me regarding games have the name of the specific game listed in the Title line of the PM.

IE: "Night Kill" as the title has the distinct possibilty of confusing me.
Please Title the PM "WW Night KIll" or "Vampire Night Kill", etc.

Thank You.

*goes to make the same post in the WWC thread*

Shadow
2007-10-17, 10:05 AM
Double posties:
((Helgraf hasn't been on in a bit. Maybe his wonderful cable's out again. If He hasn't updated when I get home from work tonight I'll do it then. All my notes are at home.))

Shadow
2007-10-17, 09:31 PM
The morning passes without incident. You lie in bed restless.
Afternoon arrives. Your eyes close but sleep refuses to overtake you.
Your would be slumber repeatedly interrupted by soft mumblings reverberating throughout the stone hallways. Echoing off the stone walls. Bouncing in your ears. Ringing in your head.

The mumblings of the strange man that arrived nearly a week ago on that fateful night that the wolves arrived at the door. The strange man wearing the simple circular glasses. His mumbling. You wonder what it is he's repeating, over and over, just out of earshot. Echoes of half heard tongues. Strange tongues. Your mind wanders to the tome he was reading on the staircase.
Unable to ignore the ranting, your fingers close on the cold metal of the doorknob, about to open it and follow the sound to it's source before a vision of bloody fangs stays your hand. Too dangerous to leave. Stay in your room until the others rise, that would be smarter. That would be safer.

Minutes become hours as the pillow you placed over your head refuses to drown out the requiem that resounds in your ears. In your head. In your heart.
Only when the temperature begins to drop slightly and a shadow slowly crosses the floor do you realize that you've not slept at all.
Surely the sounds must have kept the others awake today as well. You'll go and see who's awake and brew some coffee. The crisp, bitter brew should do better than tea to keep you going.

In the kitchen, your liquid energy percolates. A young woman enters the kitchen.
"Good evening sir. You've slept well, I trust?"
"Of course," you lie. "Thank you."
One of the servants, surely.

"If I may be so bold, sir. You look a bit tense. Could I be of any assistance?" she asks as her hands reach out and gently rub your temples.
You fall into the slow rhythmic massage and the remembered mumblings that race through your head slowly dissipate into nothingness. Calm washes over you. You've fallen into a waking dream.

You snap out of it as the percolator hisses from the water boiling. The calm that you felt disappears in a flash of cold. Why won't your arms move, you wonder.

Sudden terror grips you and your pulse quickens, which only draws a moan of pleasure from behind you.

As the darkness descends, you come to know true ecstasy for the briefest of moments before your heart beats it's last.
But just then, a scream escapes the monster's lips instead.
Instead of cold, a heat wave washes over you.
What little blood that was left in your veins seems to boil like the coffee on the stove.
The Demon disappears in the blink of an eye as you collapse on the floor.

Radikalskippy was attacked by Vampires, but survived.
Day 5 ends.
Night falls and will last approximately 48 hours.
Happy Hunting.

Helgraf
2007-10-17, 09:34 PM
Double posties:
((Helgraf hasn't been on in a bit. Maybe his wonderful cable's out again. If He hasn't updated when I get home from work tonight I'll do it then. All my notes are at home.))

((Yes, my wonderful "Comcastic" cable was out _again_. It only came back while I was away at work today. This is making narrating and keeping up in my other games quite difficult and I apologize to the players and my co-narrator for my difficulties because of this.

It further irks me that _both_ times, I had the entire night scene planned out except for one or two moves I was waiting on, and then the stupid cable modem went from happy 4 green lights to unhappy two green lights and slowly blinking yellow indicating the connection was down.))

Skippy
2007-10-17, 11:26 PM
OK guys, now I know at least one of them. I got to see one of the attackers last night.

*Point at Alarra*

Raiser Blade
2007-10-18, 12:07 AM
*throws garlic at allara

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-18, 12:09 AM
((insert paranoid rant here about how it's a set up and Skippy is a Vamp-Just kidding!))

*Points at Allara*

Freshmeat
2007-10-18, 12:38 AM
Since I already suspected Alarra anyway...

Point at Alarra.

Shadow
2007-10-18, 12:41 AM
The following players did not vote yesterday and need to vote today to avoid auto-lynch:

Alarra
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Eldritch Knight
Jeggred Von (who's having some family issues and may recieve a pass)
Pingcode20
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
Terumitsu

Zar Peter
2007-10-18, 12:54 AM
Zar Peter's eating the desert, trying to organise some sugar.

What do you mean "We have none?" When you forgot to buy sugar, why not go to Miss Alarra and borrow it? Or are you afraid in the darkness outside? I want my sugar now!

Captain van der Decken
2007-10-18, 01:41 AM
*points at Alarra*

Ink
2007-10-18, 02:12 AM
((Ink points at Alarra.))

pingcode20
2007-10-18, 02:16 AM
Pingcode points at Alarra

Ichneumon
2007-10-18, 04:44 AM
I point at Freshmeat

Korias
2007-10-18, 05:56 AM
((You know, sometimes I feel sorry for Alarra. She gets into these games, only to be slaughtered on the first 5 days.))

((But then again, I'm to tired to RP.)) Korias stumbles into Alarra

Jontom Xire
2007-10-18, 06:04 AM
Whoohoo, at last, a lead!

Points at Alarra.

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-18, 07:30 AM
I.... I trusted you. You're actually one of THEM?!?!?

Points at Alarra

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-18, 08:12 AM
EK should die a stabbity death for actually trusting Alarra

(okay, htat's enough OOTS on company time....for now.)

(just cuz pointing at Alarra makes me sad.)

Jontom Xire
2007-10-18, 09:45 AM
Hey, Atreyu - are you pointing at EK or Alarra? And there's never enough OOTS, on company time or any other time :) I've spent whole hours on OOTS while at work <peers around to see if anyone from work is listening>.

Haruki-kun
2007-10-18, 10:18 AM
I wonder just what these vampires want...........
They probably just want some FreshMeat

Freshmeat
2007-10-18, 10:26 AM
I wonder just what these vampires want...........
They probably just want some FreshMeat

Ba dum dum pish!

Alarra
2007-10-18, 11:00 AM
I'm too busy for this game anyway. *points at Alarra

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-18, 12:12 PM
It is early in the night and Clara's Mama has retired ealy because of a sick head and the vapours; so Clara decides to venture once more to the downstairs.
In the kitchen she finds the help in turmoil and most displeased. "What's happened?""My sister, what works over at Miss Alarra's mansion is a Childe of the Night ma'am. She admitted it herself! And being a Lady too."

"Are you sure? I've known Alarra for many months now; since last Michaelmas and she's never had a bloodlust before. But I suppose that shows how devilish these animals are."

HyramGraff
2007-10-18, 12:22 PM
I didn't trust radicalskippy's claims much but everyone else seemed to agree with him. The Lady had been acting a bit odd and now she seemed resigned to her fate. Having nothing else to work with, I was forced to help scrounge up a bit of silver to be plunged into Alarra's heart.

Skippy
2007-10-18, 12:28 PM
OOC: OK guys, here's the thing: I'm one of the gypsies. Before being killed a while ago, EK was one of us too. The Vampires know some of us, since EK gave Alarra some of our names, without knowing her role. Some new gypsies were raised too, so although they have some idea of our identities, they do not know us all. I'm most likely dying on the next day phase, so I'd really like those who trust me (And what's more important, those with important roles) to PM me before the night ends, so I can send a trusted people list to the rest of the gypsies. We know who Van Helsing is, too.

Warning: ID will be asked to those who are willing to trust me in this.

EDIT: I forgot to tell, just for all you to know: I survived because a Blood Boil Spell was cast on me last day. That way I was able to survive, and got to see that Alarra was one of my attackers. I repeat, I've got not too much time left (I don't want Van Helsing's protection to be wasted on me anymore) so I need to do this before the next night comes.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-18, 02:05 PM
Templar Fairchlde knocks on Lady Alarra's manor door.

With no answer, he move's away down the street to collect his thoughts in the church.

evnafets
2007-10-18, 02:55 PM
evnafets points at Alarra

Pwenet
2007-10-18, 04:00 PM
"If you are one that sends people to what lies beyond, it is far past time for Alarra to join those she sent there!!!"

Neodan282
2007-10-18, 07:38 PM
I point at Alarra as I have no idea whats going on.

Vonriel
2007-10-19, 12:28 AM
Vonriel pours himself into a chair, completely exhausted and incapable of doing more than waving limply at Alarra.

ZombieRockStar
2007-10-19, 07:32 PM
Returning to the ballroom. Now hiding in the shadows, tempting others to ask, maybe beg for a dance, or to wonder if they'll be asked. Clothes shining gold, like an eagle waiting for a rat to pass by. Maybe one. Maybe several. Maybe Alarra.

Shadow
2007-10-20, 12:34 AM
The crowd gathers around Alarra at Skippy's insistence. They close in slowly, step by step, fearing the supposed monster's rebellious attack.
Renfield stands in the corner and watches the proceedings as a smirk crosses his wild features.
The mob closes in a few more steps.
Renfield opens the large tome in his mangled hands and the candles flicker for a moment, sending the hall into complete darkness as they blow out.

Suddenly, the candles flare to life once more with no spark set to them. The shadows play tricks with your eyes in the light, then darkness, then light again. But it is no trick of the light that Alarra no longer stands before you. In the brief moments that the candles were out, the one dubbed as a devil-woman had vanished.

Ichneumon and Haruki howl out, almost in unison, "It was Freshmeat! He's done this!"
And the mob turns it's attention towards the second target at this cry, Freshmeat standing in awe and fear as the angry Brits turn on him. Racing from the hall, away from the stakes and mirrors and water, he makes his way to the library quickly, the mob not far behind. Running for his life towards the secret passage that Veddhartha showed him earlier, known to only a select few.

When his pursuers hastily enter the library in chase, they notice not the closing bookcase in the corner.

Alarra would have been lynched, but an unknown force traded her death for the death of Freshmeat who was saved by Veddhartha.
No one dies again tonight.
Day 7 begins and will end sometime late in the night Sunday 10/21.
Please send any appropriate daytime activity PMs to both He3lgraf and Shadow.

((Sorry, but my personal life is in a bit of a chaotic cycle right now, and I'm not feeling especially creative at this time.))

Helgraf
2007-10-20, 12:57 AM
((I'm going to point out that the freak coincidence level of the powers being used and the meta-effects occuring in _this precise sequence_ is anomalous. Normally there would not be nearly this many averted deaths ... I'll have to remember to show you all how the cards fell when it's all over. It's really quite unusual, I must say.))

Shadow
2007-10-20, 01:00 AM
((Agreed. It's crazy. From the freak occurances and the strange order of certain things, we haven't had a lynch or kill on 2.5 days.... I expect that'll end in about 24 hours or so. :smallwink: And it'll be highly unlikely that it happens again.... Remind us to explain it point by point at the end. It's really random.))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-20, 10:06 AM
Templar Fairchilde stands watch outside Lord Radikalskippy's home, to prevent another homicide.(So if RS dies, then Alarra is a vampire.)

Ichneumon
2007-10-20, 11:50 AM
I don't think Alarra is a vampire. If she is than she must be very stupid. She isn't someone tries to trick her.

Skippy
2007-10-20, 12:57 PM
This incredible chain of events stops people from believing me. I really hope someone will trust me for real before it's too late. Again, before the day ends, please, if someone with an important (and safe) role contacts me, we can start a "trust circle". Please! Before it's too late!

Alarra
2007-10-20, 05:55 PM
(Whoa what?! I'm still alive?! Ooookay....that was unexpected. Um...I guess I'll stick around and play a bit longer then. Thanks, whoever did that. *completely bewildered look*)

(So if RS dies, then Alarra is a vampire.) (And...you know....saying things like that make it more likely that he'll be killed to frame me. I'd say unless he's a vampire himself, but I know better than that.)

Jontom Xire
2007-10-21, 02:50 AM
I don't think Alarra is a vampire. If she is than she must be very stupid. She isn't someone tries to trick her.

We have a very strong lead on Alarra and then Ichneumon comes up with dodgy logic like that? I think we have another suspect to add to the list.

Ichneumon
2007-10-21, 08:07 AM
We have a very strong lead on Alarra and then Ichneumon comes up with dodgy logic like that? I think we have another suspect to add to the list.

If I would be a vampire than this would have been very stupid, wouldn't it?:smallamused:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-21, 09:44 AM
(Whoa what?! I'm still alive?! Ooookay....that was unexpected. Um...I guess I'll stick around and play a bit longer then. Thanks, whoever did that. *completely bewildered look*)

(And...you know....saying things like that make it more likely that he'll be killed to frame me. I'd say unless he's a vampire himself, but I know better than that.)

(No, saying things like that will hopefully keep RS alive.)

Helgraf
2007-10-22, 02:41 AM
The madness grows and swells, becoming a great crescendo of momentum, infecting more and more with each passing day. One madman and another roam the dank and musky halls that toy with the minds of all who sleep within, reach inside each of them and twist, twist and flail along the nerves, inducing feverish dreams of ill aspect, night terrors that beat back all logic and bathe the sleepers in a sheen of their own fear-induced sweats.

And some simply cannot sleep. The discomfort, the maddening whispers that seem to always linger just at the very edge of hearing, the muggish freak heat, it eats at their minds, wearing them down, making them irritable and sending them out of their rooms in search of some form of relief, someplace cooler ... saner.

One madman to another. Renfield crawls like a worm across the castle floors, feeling the heat that wraps up his restraining jacket and squeezes his already addled brains.

"I remember ... what you made me forget. I REMEMBER!" He shrieks, and lands poorly, catching his forehead against the cobble. Blood dribbles down slowly, running along his nose to gather at the tip and ... hang there. He watches it wobble and enlongate, swell and dribble with a childlike fascination, until finally it shivers and breaks free ... his tongue snakes out to catch the droplet, then he hisses and throws himself from side to side, tongue lolling out of his mouth and caterwauling as if it were burned by the touch.

He bends and twists and finds his way to his feet, loping deep within the castle. For he has remembered, oh yes, what he had forgotten the last two days. In and out, and through the secret ways ... like the spider, the worm, the ill-favoured maggot, he crawls through the walls, boring his way past the defenses of lock and bar. Once, he removes a stone, and a pasty white hand places something within.

One madman and another. Eyes that speak of ancient unsatiable hungers open. They slide along the walls, crawling along them with the same ease that a young babe crawls to his mother along the floor. As mist, they slide under the sill of the door they seek ... finding their target ... and something left behind. Vlad, tall, imperious and terrible, recognizes straightaway the item, picking it up and throwing it to shatter against the wall. He gestures for the others to feed upon the sleeper, whom is soon drained dry. In a rage, he focuses his will.

In the passages, Renfield resumes, about to head to a fourth destination when he suddenly freezes in mid crawl, in an uncomfortable bend in the hidden passageway. His breath catches in his throat ... stops ... starts, a wrenching, wretched gasp.

"And what were we doing, giving the Master's gifts to others, Renfield," the madman hears the words rasping inside his ears, as though Vlad were somehow right next to him in the passage. He cries out in terror, his pleading, shrieking voice. He crawls again, to different chambers, taking stolen things and placing them within. Down, then, down to Godalmung's interrogation chamber, and the thrall, unable to resist the Master's will when it is placed upon him, takes up the pear.

It is not suitable to describe what happens next, save that the madman's howls carry on until nightfall, when his will is finally released, and exhausted, he collapses upon the floor, the now bloodied pear slipping free from the oriface upon which it had practiced its torturous art.

However, though the lesser spawn have satiated themselves upon their victim, the master's anger burns, and he requires more. Dismissing the others to their places, he roams the halls and chambers of the castle. Two more he finds, setting upon them. It is no gentle death, these, no slow erotic pleasure draining away to oblivion. No ... the master's temper is fouled, and he tears these two apart with pure force, drinking the blood as it sprays out of the bodies to stain the walls and ceilings.

Raiser_B1ade was devoured by vampires before he could claim Renfield's gift...
purple gelatinous cube of Doom was torn apart by Vlad the Impaler (autolynched)
Terumitsu was also torn apart by a pissed off Vlad the Impaler (autolynched)
Renfield was forced to punish himself for being caught giving a Villager a useful item.

Dusk Falls. Night begins and will end in 48 hours or when convienient for Shadow

Skippy
2007-10-22, 01:46 PM
OK, then I'm still alive. A bad thing, for one of those who died during the day was one of my fellows. Obviously to remove credibility from me.

((Completely OOC: I know Alarra was one of those who attacked me. I can prove it. However, I feel kind of pity for her, having been killed in Mafia and WWC. I would rather not kill her here as well, but... since she is the only lead we have...))

*Point at Alarra*

((I'm really, really sorry, but it must be done...

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-22, 01:54 PM
Templar Fairchilde is awaiting an appointment with Alarra.

(Agreed.)

Zar Peter
2007-10-22, 02:03 PM
Zar Peter's eating the desert, trying to organise some sugar.

What do you mean "We have none?" When you forgot to buy sugar, why not go to Miss Alarra and borrow it? Or are you afraid in the darkness outside? I want my sugar now!

The waiter returns, without sugar.

What do you mean with "She got none, too!" Who is responsible for Miss Alarras kitchen? She should sack this person!

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-22, 02:07 PM
"Mama, have you heard that our neighbour Lady Alarra is still alive."
"What? Her? One of those common Childeren of the Nyght is still alive. I'd have thought the nobility and the law would have removed that callus from our city."
"It's true Mama. I heard it from the messenger Lord Skippy."
"He's well landed. Perhaps I'll make some advances to his mother concerning a marriage between you two.."

Jontom Xire
2007-10-22, 02:21 PM
Alarra must die!

Ichneumon
2007-10-22, 02:34 PM
I point at Jontom Xire.

Korias
2007-10-22, 03:17 PM
Korias leans back in his chair, Staring at lady Alarra. Hes sipping his rum quietly, before starting to polish his pistol. Feh. How didnt we see it before?

Haruki-kun
2007-10-22, 05:00 PM
(And...you know....saying things like that make it more likely that he'll be killed to frame me. I'd say unless he's a vampire himself, but I know better than that.)

You're right, Lady Alarra. Somebody else's death wouldn't prove that you're guilty. There are other ways to find out if you're a Vampire.........

2007-10-22, 05:07 PM
"I assume you mean killing her and seeing if she has fangs, Haruki-kun?

"Because you know, I'd go for that."

And with that Fullbladder joins in the accusations against Alarra (again).

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-22, 07:34 PM
Since the villagers and vampires continue to refuse to let me join my lord Sashos in the underworld, guess the sacrifice of Lady Alarra shall suffice for now.
The shadow in the corner begins to sharpen his/her blade.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-22, 07:35 PM
@ FC - (You know, it's not for lack of trying on my part.)

Madmal
2007-10-22, 07:35 PM
((ooc: points at Alarra who i think is out for some days...or has she returned already?))

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-22, 07:39 PM
Points at Alarra. Do I have to explain?

Vonriel
2007-10-23, 11:49 AM
Vonriel, a little more awake toda-tonight, says, "Hmm, well, I suppose you folk have your reasons. I must say, I was rather out of it yesterday, but..." He pauses for a minute while someone tells him of why they want to hang Alarra. "...Oh, well then. Off with her head, or whatever it is that kills vampires!" He adds his vote to the collection for Alarra.

Ink
2007-10-23, 01:03 PM
The waiter returns, without sugar.

What do you mean with "She got none, too!" Who is responsible for Miss Alarras kitchen? She should sack this person!

"You don't want sugar, sir! Sugar won't protect you from vampires. What you want is garlic! And I have some right here!"

Ink produces a bottle of garlic powder from one of his pockets and sprinkles the contents liberally over Zar Peter's dessert.

"There you go! And you're welcome!" Ink happily recaps the bottle and passes it to the waiter. "Here, Xavier. Why don't you bring this to the kitchen, and tell the cook to use it in every dish from now on. Don't forget to give some to the staff at Miss Alarra's too!"

Zar Peter
2007-10-23, 01:48 PM
Zar Peter stares at his dessert, than he stares at Ink, than at Xavier, than at Ink again.

Peaches with Garlic? Are you insane???

Than he notices Ink's location.

Oh, must be Australien cusine, let's try it then.

HyramGraff
2007-10-23, 04:10 PM
Let's try killing Alarra again today.

Pwenet
2007-10-23, 05:33 PM
"May Alarra step into the void that she has sent so many into."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-23, 05:43 PM
*The llama munches happily in the kitchen and absentmindedly waves a hoof at Alarra*

Captain van der Decken
2007-10-24, 01:54 AM
*point at Alarra again*

Shadow
2007-10-24, 05:45 PM
You find Alarra alone in her room, hiding from the masses early in the morning. With the sun about to rise in the east, the lady Alarra huddles in the corner of her closet, wrapped in a blanket, trying to remain unnoticed from the angry guests at Lord Godlaming's manor.
And angry they are.
After the narrow escape yesterday, followed by an even closer call, the Vampires continued the slaughter without abandon, killing many poor souls in the early evening. Alarra knew that they'd be back for her again tonight by Skippy's lead.
But the lady Alarra had a surprise in store for the fools that would soon come knocking at her door.

Opening the door to Alarra's room you find her seated calmly at the foot of her bed, Almighty Salmon bound and gagged, his head resting in her lap. A long, slender knife rests in Alarra's hand, poised at AS's throat.
"Back. Back I tell you, or you'll see just how serious I am."
"Put the knife away and face your judgment Alarra. Leave him be."
You all take a few steps closer.
"Back I say! I'll do it!"
"Let him go. Let him go and we may spare you. If you can survive the morning sun, that is."
You all take a few steps closer.
The fear and desperation in her eyes takes on an almost physical stature before the knife slowly slips away from AS's throat.
Right across his throat, to be precise.
But as the slow wound opens, no blood comes forth from the bound and helpless man's jugular. With visible shock at the distinct lack of blood at the cut, Alarra stumbles away for a moment.

A moment is all that you needed. She is staked and carried out to the dawn light in little time, where she bursts into flames in your very hands as soon as the first rays of sunlight strike her.
You're not surprised when the exact same thing happens to Almighty Salmon a moment later.

Alarra was lynched yet again.
She was a Vampire.
Almighty Salmon was auto-lynched.
He, too, was a Vampire.
Night 7 ends.
Day begins and will last approximately 24 hours.
Or whenever Helgraf has time to update.
Please PM all daytime actions to both Helgraf and Shadow.

I'll be gone until Sunday.

Haruki-kun
2007-10-24, 07:14 PM
Double Vampires! Finally we have some luck!

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-24, 07:21 PM
(Thank goodness for the autolynch.)

Skippy
2007-10-24, 10:08 PM
I hope I'll get some trust now... Wait for news, those who contacted me...

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-27, 01:58 PM
((Thread bumpitty))

Helgraf
2007-10-27, 11:42 PM
After a night that toiled on for a long long time, the following day is no better. Wine-aided sleep is uneasy, as once again nightmares stir the dreams of the guests. Eyeless faces scream silently, the force of the unheard sound nevertheless beating against the bodies of the dreamers, pressing them down. Night sweats leave many bedsheets drenched.

Renfield is suspended upside down inside the great bell that marks the hours; his feet tied to the stump of the bellpole, his straightjacket the only shielding from the impact as the bell tolls noon. His blood falls far below, making obscene patterns in the dust of the floor many stories below. "Mind ... mine ... taken fine ..."

He screams with each collision with the sides of the monumental bell, his punishment for his betrayals. And the screams lose their coherence, becoming less of words and more of cold sounds ... a whipping torrent as he tries in desperation to incant the only spell he had time to study before the Master's servants took him.

His concentration is total ... but the clanging and the pain and the defeaning report of the bell in his ears causes him to slur a crucial passage.

At last, the tolling slows ... and stops. His rope is cut free and he is flung into the nearest wall. He grovels in a nonsense patois of Latin, English and Slavic. He can only smile and drool for most of the night, wandering witlessly, stumbling through the Keep, tossing aside the tattered papers hidden inside the sleeves.

Other madmen are about this day, and one of them has drawn a circle of fire, a lidless eye that sees nothing and nobody. Until a little effigy is thrown within. He cackles, his blessings imparted and watches the flames lick and curl.

Another madman wakes from the dreams, looks for a knife, finds naught. Looks for a rope, and is equally frustrated. He throws open the door, and weeps for the darkness of the world that has revealed itself to him. He mounts the balcony that overlooks the Great Hall, pulls forth a silken scarf, tying it about his neck, and in a mockery of the lively dances of his childhood, steps over the rail, sending his body crashing down ... until the scarf draws taut at its length, against the rail whence he had tied it. For this one, death is nearly instant as his neck snaps from the shock. Reams of blank parchment spill to the marble floor below.

The masters, satisfied with their torment of their addled slave, move to slake their hunger. A fine meal has been chosen by the Master of the Thirst, and the door is thrown open. The coven sweeps in ...

... but the prey is waiting. A silver blade in one hand, and the fire-poker drawn fresh from the fireplace in the other. He leads with the poker, then jabs the silver blade into the torso of the vampire who mist-formed behind him. For several seconds a deadly dance of fang and claw, blade and flame ensues.

"You haf ... fought vell for a mortal," Vlad intoned softly. "But it is ... useless." He slid forward, limbs not seeming to move at all as he went; knocking aside the poker, the dagger, and grabbing the warrior by the throat. He is slammed into the wall, and Vlad's claws tear through his abdomen ... the blood spilling free to the floor below.

The pain ... intense ... unimaginable ... unbearable. Something in the dying man's eyes changes. He lets out a feral roar so loud it rattles the stones. On a red tide of fury, he tears into his tormentor, gouging, ripping, yes, even eating bits of the gob torn loose. The other members of the coven set into the raving berserk, and at the last, he is brought down.

But one of his hunters will never rise again...

An infection ... the madness spreads and spreads again. Burnt remains and a vial of hearts blood. The foul one who breaks the cycles of life and death moves once more through the manor, his tome of forbidden knowledge at hand. Again, he pits his will and his dark knowledge against the Gate. Harder, harder, so very difficult this time ... with so little left of the body, nightsoil and old bones are substituted, blended with the ash and with the forbidden blood. Louder, sharper ... words that would make a sane person's ears bleed from the sheer foulness of their power.

The gate is torn open, and the weeping shade flees the abyss whence it was consigned. So, too, do others, but having no body to call their own, they flit around, seeking escape, seeking all that they have lost. And more ghosts join the legions of uneasy dead that invisibly stalk the halls of Godalmung's Manor.
The Gate slams shut with one last furious burst of wind that knocks the necromancer arse over teakettle until he hits the wall of the keep.

Meanwhile, the body of the newest abomination slowly rekindles itself. Bones reshape, soil and dust become muscle and ligament and tendon. Blood finds channels and spreads through them. The body is not like pwenet, nor the eldritch knight. It is like a statue, too perfect to be truly human, its possessor doomed to the valley of the surreal.

Renfield's spell has gone awry...
radikal skippy commited suicide ...
evnafets was killed by vampires ... but he took Traveling Angel with him.
Alarra was raised from the dead by the necromancer

Night Falls
Night begins and will last ... at least 48 hours. Depending on how things work out, Shadow or I will post the update.

Shadow
2007-10-30, 01:53 AM
((I would take care of the update right now, except there is something that Helgraf and I need to discuss briefly first. He has the answer to a question that I need right now before I can post an update.
I apologize for being gone for a few days and needing assistance for the update.
It will be up tomorrow, even if I have to wing it without help.
Promise.))

Shadow
2007-10-31, 10:31 AM
I know that I said I promised, but the transformer to my building blew up last night, so I can't turn my computer on.
Or the lights.
Or the heat.
I'm having a horrible week here.... :smallmad:
Anyway, since all of my notes are on a spreadsheet there, and I'm at work....

Sorry.
Soon. I promise.

HyramGraff
2007-10-31, 10:54 AM
((Take your time Shadow. No need to rush these things.))

Haruki-kun
2007-10-31, 11:02 AM
^ What he said. No worries.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-31, 04:20 PM
((Take your time. We can wait.))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-02, 03:05 PM
Templar Fairchilde walks into a school.

"Hello sir - are you the headmaster? Good. Could you do me a favor and take all the children outside? I have to search the school for vampires. Oh, no, it takes too long to actually look around the building. Do you have a library? Good. I'll start the fire there...."

(Andre walks into a school and searches for vampires by setting fire to it.)

Ichneumon
2007-11-02, 03:09 PM
Does this mean that the vampires won?:smalleek:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-02, 03:33 PM
(No... they shouldn't have won yet... this has just been a really long day (?) phase because of personal issues for the narrators.

I have an idea. Let's just say that the day ends, the vampires get no activies, and start voting. :smallsmile: )

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-02, 03:45 PM
((A strange animal leaps out of the OOc text and begins to prowl around London, searching. Always searching for the one. The One who shall satisfy it. The creature slinks from shadow to shadow always sniffing out the One. The trail gets stronger, stronger, stronger. It goes into a building and the animal goes inside. Sniffing delicately at the air it passes through a rroom and another; into a trange place. Lined in paper.
The scent is stronger now. Filling the room from corner to corner with the heady mouthwatering scent. Edging closer it sneaks up on the turned back of the One. And it makes a noise. "Mrrw?" Startled the man turns. A fatal mistake indeed. The piercingly iridescent eyes of the MedusaCat turns him to stone.
Poking her soft nose against the stone she mrows softly. The scent of fish had gone. Replaced instead with the cold grainy smell of granite. Annoyed the MedusaCat returns back to the OOC text it came from.))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-02, 04:01 PM
Andre - frozen into rock mere moments before he could set the library aflame - says "Boop."

A few minutes go by.... "Help? A little help here? Help?"

Helgraf
2007-11-07, 02:48 AM
((The Day Events have been posted - go back a page or so to read them.))

Korias
2007-11-07, 06:49 AM
Korias sits on the roof, next to the scorchmark of his cannon as the sun sets. We are dropping like flies... we need a way to fight back.He looks down to the blasted rooftop. Stupid Templar... Blowing up my cannon...

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-07, 08:25 AM
"Wait, aren't vampires dead? Can you raise one? Would that make them living? Why would the necromancer raise a Vampire unless he was now with the vampires?" Points accusing finger at Korias.

(Also on that note... RadikalSkippy committed "suicide"? What does that mean? The guy was a good agitator... The vampires didn't kill him but he died?

Maybe the Necromancer can raise him again and we can ask him. Much more stylish than a simple "speak with dead" spell. If he want's to commit suicide, he can just commit suicide again.)

Begins investigating RS's death.

"This is a crime scene." Sends for London 1880's CSI unit.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-07, 08:30 AM
((ON another note: I'n on at an unusual time Andre...what're you going to do eh?:smallbiggrin: ))

Skippy
2007-11-07, 09:55 AM
((Committing suicide? Interesting...

Well, good luck, and I still won't say anything just in case))

Haruki-kun
2007-11-07, 11:05 AM
Then........... Traveling Angel was a Vampire? Interesting..........

Korias
2007-11-07, 04:15 PM
"Wait, aren't vampires dead? Can you raise one? Would that make them living? Why would the necromancer raise a Vampire unless he was now with the vampires?" Points accusing finger at Korias.

(Also on that note... RadikalSkippy committed "suicide"? What does that mean? The guy was a good agitator... The vampires didn't kill him but he died?

Maybe the Necromancer can raise him again and we can ask him. Much more stylish than a simple "speak with dead" spell. If he want's to commit suicide, he can just commit suicide again.)

Begins investigating RS's death.

"This is a crime scene." Sends for London 1880's CSI unit.

Are you accusing me of fooling with the dead? Korias looks to Andre. State your proof.

((So you think I'm the necromancer? I'm a brit. No role, just one that happens to be a Pirate. What makes you think Im The Eldest?))

Zar Peter
2007-11-07, 04:33 PM
Waitor! I think this meat you brought me here must have been dead for months!
Bring me some Fresh meat! Now!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-07, 11:04 PM
The lady CurlyKitGirl lives in luxury draining money from the poor to live her extravagant lifestylel much like a vampire drains blood to live its.

The llama bleats at Curlykitgirl.

Haruki-kun
2007-11-07, 11:23 PM
((Don't join the Bandwagon........ Don't join the Bandwagon.............))

"Mmmmm............. this is rather confusing......... but Andre Fairchilde and Zar Peter are right. Korias is pretty suspicious........... right?

Jontom Xire
2007-11-08, 03:51 AM
Have we lynched Fleeing Coward yet? I think we should try again if so.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-08, 04:04 AM
Nope, that fool is still alive and pointing at Jontom Xire.

Korias
2007-11-08, 06:50 AM
Korias is pretty suspicious........... right?

Gah! A gruff voice spouts at the mention of his name. I'm a brit: Same as you. And Pirates are supposed to be bloody suspicious! We loot and pillage and raid and sack, Drink up me harties, YO HO! He shouts, before taking a swig of his rum.

Jontom Xire
2007-11-08, 07:04 AM
Nope, that fool is still alive and pointing at Jontom Xire.

Have you changed your mind about wanting to die then?

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-08, 07:11 AM
Of course not, but since no one else but you wants to lynch me, I don't see the need to point at myself just yet.

Haruki-kun
2007-11-08, 09:02 AM
Gah! A gruff voice spouts at the mention of his name. I'm a brit: Same as you. And Pirates are supposed to be bloody suspicious! We loot and pillage and raid and sack, Drink up me harties, YO HO! He shouts, before taking a swig of his rum.

((Yes...... Pirates, ahem.................. Ninja, sorry.............))

Well, Korias, you are suspicious! I suspect it was you who drank the rest of my rum!

................Oh, you mean vampiric suspicion? Then I still think it's Zar Peter.

Shadow
2007-11-08, 11:51 AM
((IU'm back kids! Sorry about the prolonged absence. It came abruptly for me as well.... :smallfrown: I'll have the update from the lynch tonight. *goes to check Helgraf's last scene* I have until 2 am. Got it.))

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-08, 01:53 PM
"Help! Stableboys, this Llama is attacting me. Help!" after being rescued Lady Clara indicates to Zar Peter, "Excuse me sir, but I was wondering; as a visitor to our fair country could you please impart some information from your homeland."

((Homestly no idea. Dice roll gave me ZP. Sorry if this gets you lynched.:smallfrown: ))

Freshmeat
2007-11-08, 02:38 PM
Waitor! I think this meat you brought me here must have been dead for months!
Bring me some Fresh meat! Now!

(Yes! The quota of 'Fresh Meat' jokes has been reached!)

Also: retialatory point at Zar Peter.
(For lack of a better candidate, I might just as well point in self-defence, especially against someone who has joined a suspiciously large number of bandwagons so far).

HyramGraff
2007-11-09, 01:06 AM
I say, I think it's time we threw Andre Fairchilde back out to the wolves.

Ichneumon
2007-11-09, 01:08 AM
I point at Zar Peter

Ink
2007-11-09, 04:32 AM
((Very well, Zar Peter it is.))

Alarra
2007-11-09, 04:58 AM
Umm..since I just came back and have no idea what's going on....and since it's 5am, I'm okay with following the bandwagon I suppose. *points at Zar Peter*

Shadow
2007-11-09, 11:36 AM
Everyone gathers around Zar Peter and ties him up. He is carried out onto a balcony to await the deadly sunrise.
As the seconds slowly pass waiting for dawn to come, an argument erupts from within the manor. Certain people wish to save Peter from this doom, while others wish to see him burn.

The scoundrel in the floppy hat slips away during the argument. He creeps out to the balcony just moments before dawn and props the door open.

Zar Peter is untied.
In his hasty escape, the makeshift doorjam is knocked loose as he passes and the heavy door slams shut a moment before the sun crests the horizon.

A moment before the holwling of the devil-wolves begins anew.

A moment before Jeggred Von's screams fill the manor and halt the argument.

No majority was reached
(despite what your records may show--
remember that 25% is needed for a successful lynch)
and therefore no one was lynched.
Jeggred Von was auto-lynched.
(he was having some personal issues, but
I've given him far more time than was needed to return)
Night ends as dawn breaks.
PM both Helgraf and Shadow with any relevant daytime activities.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-09, 11:47 AM
*The llama decides to hide from the wolves as much as he can. He keeps exploring the house until he finds the wine cellar. There he helps himself to a sample from a leaky barrel and curls up for a nap.*

Korias
2007-11-09, 01:13 PM
So, last time there was a 2.5 day break in killings. Is it about to start anew?

Helgraf
2007-11-11, 03:09 AM
With each passing day, the 'guests' of Lord Godalmung have grown accustomed to waking each evening to a new horror, another death, and often several inexplicable events.

This was worse.

Evening fell. Everyone who went to bed at dawn came out in the evening.
Nobody was missing.

Just Renfield, sitting in the middle of the Great Hall, mumbling to himself - or perhaps to his bowl of porridge. "I have failed. The circle is complete."

Day 8 Ends without incident. Nothing. Not so much as a sausage.

Dusk Falls. Night Begins and will end in 48 hours or whenever is convienient for Shadow.

Jontom Xire
2007-11-11, 11:27 AM
Wow, that was weird.

I'm kind busy now, but could a couple of people do activity analyses on the remaining live players? I'll do one sometime I get a chance, but basically whichever players are alive but were totally inactive between day (night phase) start and end are probably vampires.

Haruki-kun
2007-11-11, 11:30 AM
Well............ we should be glad about no deaths, right?

((Wow, again, no one died?))

Freshmeat
2007-11-11, 01:09 PM
Perhaps we should question Malmagor Andrigal about this.

Ichneumon
2007-11-11, 01:51 PM
Something needs to happen here. I got the feeling this thread is dying...

so let's just do something chaotic that might get this thread living again:

I am a vampire!!!!!111one:smallamused:

Korias
2007-11-11, 02:08 PM
((I Seriously doubt your one of them, Ichneumon. You wouldnt be as stupid as that to get yerself))

Korias sips some of his rum. This is odd. Something is out of place. But what? We've searched the manor. Bah, more rum is needed. Korias refills his mug, pondering the events of yesterday.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-11, 03:44 PM
*The llama wakes up from the basement and blinks, pondering who might be a vampire. He stumbles up the stairs, still woozy from the wine he got ahold of and bleats at Lady Clara, aka Curlykitgirl disturbed by her mink fur shawl.*

(Well, Curly pointed at Zar Peter, which doesn't bother me, because many people pointed at Zar Peter. However her logic of "I'm pointing at the person most likely to be lynched, but I hope you don't get lynched." struck me as really really odd.)

Shadow
2007-11-12, 11:23 AM
Something needs to happen here. I got the feeling this thread is dying...
If that has happenned, Helgraf and I claim a huge part of the blame.
RL and Internet issues (I'm the one having them now, only able to post from work when/if I get time) ground this game to a halt for a while.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-12, 11:27 AM
(do you need another assistant GM?)

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-12, 01:28 PM
A servant trots up to Lord Godalmings' manse and presents a note to the butler.

Lady Clara has had a fit of the vapours and unfortunately she is unable to join Malmagor Andrigal at the ball. Plerase send her apologies to the young man.

Lady Margaret.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-12, 01:33 PM
Templar Fairchilde's attention is diverted.

"The vampires are not wolves. Wolves are noisy at night, vampires - they skulk in the night. Perhaps the vampires are those that are quiet..."

Templar Fairchilde begins to investigate Malmagor Andrigal.

Madmal
2007-11-12, 01:37 PM
Perhaps we should question Malmagor Andrigal about this.

((OOC: and i'll be sure to answer this:

i don't really know what you're talking about :smalltongue: ))

OOC point at Curly

Alarra
2007-11-12, 05:07 PM
Alarra yawns and points at Curly

Helgraf
2007-11-12, 10:58 PM
If that has happenned, Helgraf and I claim a huge part of the blame.
RL and Internet issues (I'm the one having them now, only able to post from work when/if I get time) ground this game to a halt for a while.

((Fortunately, I'm cooking with gas again. Just think about why there would be not only no kill - but no attack last night. Muah ha ha.))

ZombieRockStar
2007-11-12, 11:24 PM
Scintillating colours...contrast to the elegant black of the previous days. Silk and velvet. No jewellery, though. Passing on the wine this time. Doesn't like the white. Red, colour of passion.

Steps on the dance floor sound out above the music and the others dancing. A quick glance at Malmagor, then turning away, smiling. Eyes fixing on no one in particular anymore, just casting their gaze, cat-like, around the room, taking in everything.

Alarra
2007-11-12, 11:33 PM
(I'm going to be out of town for the next week. I should have internet at the conference I'm going to, but I don't know. Nor do I know if I will have time to be on even if I do, so I would like to request to please not be autolynched. Thanks.)

Jontom Xire
2007-11-13, 04:18 AM
((Fortunately, I'm cooking with gas again. Just think about why there would be not only no kill - but no attack last night. Muah ha ha.))

1) All such players were inactive.

2) The vampire spokesperson was brainwiped.

We can check 1.
The brainwiping guy can test 2 by getting them lynched.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-13, 05:42 AM
The thing in the corner that obviously isn't a vampire points at Lady Clara (CurlyKitGirl) to even the votes out.

Ink
2007-11-13, 05:46 AM
((Eh... I can't decide between Mal and Curly so I'll point at Fleeing Coward instead.))

Zar Peter
2007-11-13, 07:11 AM
Point at Malmagor Andrigal

Jontom Xire
2007-11-13, 08:12 AM
I find CKG to be the more dangerous player, so I point at her.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-13, 08:15 AM

((You know, if you wanted to compliment me you could just say so. :smallannoyed: Clara is annoyed.))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-13, 08:43 AM
The Templar scowls at the city in disgust and plans to build a wall around London and just cleanse it all by setting fire to everything.

(Once again - vampires are joining the lynch to lynch a stong organizing 'good guy.'

Case and point is the known vampire Alarra. (Sorry Alarra - love you though.)

If nothing else, it would be better to support your own innocence by NOT voting the same as the vampires.)

Korias
2007-11-13, 01:51 PM
((Andre's logic is solid. Even though Alarra was raised, we have no proof of her particular role. Thus, I'm going to vote at Jontom Xire, as he is very suspicious these days.))

Shadow
2007-11-13, 06:58 PM
Sorry to be a pain Helgraf, but with my net down at home and my spread on that computer, I feel extremely uneasy about posting a death scene. There are too many variables that can easily change the outcome. And I have none of that information at hand. Would you mind taking over until I can figure out a way to get access to that sheet? Thanks.
And sorry.

*runs off to buy a new flashdrive after losing his old one*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-13, 09:43 PM
(One of two sides is lying to me. Good. Deception helps make a game interesting and it shows that people are still interested in it. However, I'm willing to help either side, so I'll point at Zar Peter.)

HyramGraff
2007-11-13, 10:08 PM
I say, I think that ZRS is the most suspicious person left. He's so quiet that I didn't even notice he was still in this mansion until he pointed.

Helgraf
2007-11-13, 10:37 PM
Sorry to be a pain Helgraf, but with my net down at home and my spread on that computer, I feel extremely uneasy about posting a death scene. There are too many variables that can easily change the outcome. And I have none of that information at hand. Would you mind taking over until I can figure out a way to get access to that sheet? Thanks.
And sorry.

*runs off to buy a new flashdrive after losing his old one*

Not a problem Shadow - it'll either go out late tonight or tomorrow morning around noonish.

Eldritch Knight
2007-11-14, 12:20 AM
Huh? Wha? I'm still alive?

EK says as he emerges from his apparent Coma.. Well, then, back to work.

Points at Helgraf

"You Evil, Evil person. Shoo! Shoo!"

(Lack of sleep. So sue me.)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-14, 12:26 AM
(okay...okay....sheesh...blasted MSN making me accessible to people....I'll try Andre's way.)

*Points at Mal*

Helgraf
2007-11-14, 01:37 AM
Huh? Wha? I'm still alive?

EK says as he emerges from his apparent Coma.. Well, then, back to work.

Points at Helgraf

"You Evil, Evil person. Shoo! Shoo!"

(Lack of sleep. So sue me.)

((I'm a narrator you twit. ;) ))

Madmal
2007-11-14, 10:24 AM
(okay...okay....sheesh...blasted MSN making me accessible to people....I'll try Andre's way.)

*Points at Mal*

((wrong way,just in case. :smallbiggrin: ))

Helgraf
2007-11-14, 12:35 PM
((We have less than half the votes available ... I'm going to go to work, then end the day when I get home at night. You have until somewhere between 10 PM and midnight Eastern time to get your votes in.))

Helgraf
2007-11-14, 10:31 PM
((You have 90 minutes to get your vote in. Currently no candidate possesses 25% or more of the eligible votes, which means no lynch.))

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-14, 10:33 PM
Changes point to Mal to try to get a lynch.

Eldritch Knight
2007-11-14, 10:54 PM
((I'm a narrator you twit. ;) ))

So? We all know you are actually the Evil Lord Voldemort! :smalltongue:

(Points at Curly

(Besides, just once I'd like to see a narrator lynched...)

Ink
2007-11-14, 11:01 PM
((No lynch won't help us at all. I'll change my point to Mal then.))

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-14, 11:03 PM
((So would I. I had planned on starting a bandwagon against Harry but I got lynched before I could put my plan to action.))

Helgraf
2007-11-15, 12:28 AM
The crowd, tired and irritable, can barely work up the muster to figure out who among them is a vampire.

In the end, the squabble breaks down to two candidates, Malmagor Andrigal and CurlyKitGirl. It's about an even matchup, until Ink and Fleeing Coward, tired of the arguing, switch sides.

Malmagor Andrigal is mobbed by his felllows, beaten and thrown out the third story window to the hard stones below. As the sun broke over the treetops, the wolves wasted no time sweeping in on the easy meal....

Malmagor Andrigal was lynched ... he was a villager.
Day begins and will end in roughly 48 hours. Send all actions to Shadow and Helgraf.

((Those of you who were due for autolynch get a break - I'm too busy to do the hunt to see whom else should have died. Don't expect that to happen again.))

Madmal
2007-11-15, 11:25 AM
((told ya so. :smalltongue: :smalltongue:

oh well, one less game to worry about.))

Eldritch Knight
2007-11-15, 11:50 PM
((So would I. I had planned on starting a bandwagon against Harry but I got lynched before I could put my plan to action.))

((I KNEW IT! (I am, after all Harry in WWIX...)))

Helgraf
2007-11-17, 02:19 AM
Nine nights have passed ... eight days gone and the ninth underway. The guests of Lord Godalmung have almost begun to get used to sleeping during the day, but it is a hard, fitful sleep that barely replenishes their energies. That the number of the dead now equals the number of the living is a fact that is slowly infecting many of the guests with dread and despair.

Renfield's madness grows deeper every night - this morning he scurries through the castle on all fours, sniffing and twitching his head like a rat.

"Blind, blind ... the sure eyes. Celerity of certainty." He squeaks and scuttles down a staircase, about a third of the way down before stumbling over one of the steps and rolling with hard thuds the rest of the way down. A book flies loose of his restraining jacket, the spine bending, pages ruffling in a sudden musk scented breeze.

Renfield uprights himself, slamming his shoulder into the nearby wall; a sickening crunch as the collarbone is forcibly reset - he spits a six-inch long ribbon of blood upon the wall, then pulls something tiny and squirming from his hair and pops it between his mouth, chewing noisily. A hasty swallow, a brief gag that sends tiny droplets of blood to splash upon the pages of the now open book; these seem to be absorbed into the parchment, leaving behind no trace.

"One and two and three are we ... four and five would better be. "

A bug crawls up onto his shoulder, and he grasps it, pressing it between the pages and slamming the book shut; a moist crunch followed by an odious scent. Winds stream from everywhere and nowhere, singing snippets of damned choruses as they whistle through the decorative gargoyles worked into the crowns of the pillars. When finished the fiendish caterwaul, they gather into a great glowing mass, and then spread out throughout the castle, seeking their medium.

Renfield cackles with unearthly glee, then scampers to the wall, opening the hidden passageway and slipping in, closing it behind. Once again, he contorts and twists his way about; emerging deep in the guest quarters. He looks at the long series of closed doors, tilting his bleeding head this way and that, then selecting one. Producing a bloodstained length of serrated bone, he slips it in the lock and gives a hard twist. More quietly he slips into the room, removing a small chain wound about his left hand and putting it on the nightstand of the room's resident. He lets himself out, locking the door behind.

The castle's other dwellers drift in near-total silence. The death of one of their own two days past has perhaps taught them a certain caution - but the thirst is great and can no longer be put off. There is no struggle this time, no great battle between prey and predator. The leeches feed deep, until not a drop of blood remains in their prey.

Day 9 Ends.
Renfield plays with books
Korias the pirate was exsanguinated.

Dusk falls - Night begins and will end in 48 hours-ish - depending on computer situations, of course.

Freshmeat
2007-11-19, 03:26 AM
(bump, in case some people missed Helgraf's update)

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-19, 06:02 AM
Since Mal was innocent and Curly may or may not be guilty, I accuse Andre of been a vampire.

Korias
2007-11-19, 07:00 AM
Ah well... Twas a fun game. With Narrarator Permission, I'd like to reveal my role. On another note, I belive one of my contacts was faulty. I'll need to keep a close eye on this game... its just getting interesting!

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-19, 08:42 AM
(There goes my theory that Korias was recruited by the Vampires. Sorry Korias!)

The templar begins walking to Alarra's house.

"I'd like to borrow that book again, I remember something in there about how to properly bury a vampire."

Korias
2007-11-19, 12:57 PM
(There goes my theory that Korias was recruited by the Vampires. Sorry Korias!)

Your lack of faith is disturbing, Andre Fairchilde.

Haruki-kun
2007-11-19, 01:05 PM
I see........... so this man................ he was............

*sigh*

Fleeing Coward, do you have any idea what we should do now?

Zar Peter
2007-11-19, 02:24 PM
But... Lady Alarra was lynched! Why is she back? And why is Fleeing Coward accusing Mr. Fairchilde?

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-19, 02:27 PM
Changing direction, the templar instead moves to Fleeing Cowards house.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-19, 02:50 PM
Lady Clara emerges from her long convalescence and decides to take a gentle stroll around the grounds when she notices a Fleeing Coward run through the grounds. "What is he doing here? Get him."

HyramGraff
2007-11-19, 10:29 PM
I say, I have nothing to fear from that coward. The one I fear is Andre Fairchilde.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-19, 11:44 PM
*The llama hides in the wine cellar, not from the Wampyre, or the Vampire, or the Children of the Night, but rather from the sheep. He bleats in defiance to the sheep controller, Curly Kit Girl.*

*He knows how Lady Clara came about her wealth*

Alarra
2007-11-20, 12:46 AM
Alarra coldly watches the flying accusations, her mind awhirl with theories. She eventually turns to Andre. While I appreciate the sudden change of mind turning your accusation from me, I dislike when people change votes suddenly without any apparent reason.

Jontom Xire
2007-11-20, 03:39 AM
I've thought Fleeing Coward was suspicious since day one.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-20, 06:43 AM
*The llama hides in the wine cellar, not from the Wampyre, or the Vampire, or the Children of the Night, but rather from the sheep. He bleats in defiance to the sheep controller, Curly Kit Girl.*

*He knows how Lady Clara came about her wealth*

"Honestly, just because my Mama happens to be of the nouveau riche doesn't mean even the animals should scorn our wealth."

((You know who they're after. Also, for further note the name is: CurlyKitGirl. Please note the amazing lack of spaces. Or you could just say Curly.:smalltongue:

The sheep are coming...))

Ink
2007-11-20, 08:12 AM
Ink points at Fleeing Coward.

Freshmeat
2007-11-20, 10:56 AM
*hops on the bandwagon against FC*

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-20, 05:15 PM
((Good luck villagers, whatever's happening, I just hope you ain't letting the vamps lead the bandwagons. One less game I have to worry about))

Helgraf
2007-11-20, 10:51 PM
Renfield capers into the main hall, watching all the pointing and vicious slander with interest.

"Can Renfield point at someone too? Renfield promises ... not to ... not to ... oooh ... a kitty."

Renfield goes loping off after a kitten nobody else sees...

"I've ... always wanted ... a cute ... little kitty..."

ZombieRockStar
2007-11-20, 10:54 PM
Sitting. Watching. Smiling. Glancing. Glancing at CurlyKitGirl and ironically looking away in mock shyness.

Shadow
2007-11-21, 11:33 AM
((I'm finally sitting in front of a computer when an update needs to be made!
And I'm confident that I have all the information that I need on this one!
Update coming shortly, assuming a little free time at work allows me to write it.
If little free time rears it's head, I'll get it done before I leave.
Update before the end of the afternoon, at the latest.))Speaking up first this evening, Fleeing Coward expresses his distrust of Andre Fairchilde. He says little, but garners support from a few select individuals.
Including Renfield.
While the curly haired madman sits in a corner petting his imaginary cat, he whispers praise at the poor coward's choice of targets for the evening.
He whispers this praise directly into the ear of Mr. Fairchile himself, whose eyes glaze over at the words.
The Templar slowly turns, stumbling towards an antique guillotine, mumbling about how he has betrayed them all.
How he should end his own life.

But Jontom Xire, Ink and Freshmeat_ witness this strange transition from a few feet away. They can all tell that some devilry was at work and hold the enthralled Andre back from himself.
The other Englishmen within the manor promptly detain the coward as he tries to flee from their murderous hands, but to no avail. The guillotine that this coward had ensorcelled Andre to attempt to use on himself is what would end his evry life instead.

But as the coward's head rolls upon the floor at Haruki's feet no fire erupts. No pile of dust replaces the head. No fangs had sprung.
And yet the gods had decreed that the coward should flee no more.

Fleeing Coward was lynched.
Dawn breaks. Day begins and will last for approximately 24 hours.
((really, who knows? tomorrow is Thanksgiving after all))
((update will come when convenient))
((family does come first))
Please send all relevant actions to both Helgraf and Shadow.

And have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

Ichneumon
2007-11-25, 05:30 PM
Wait, Im not auto-lynched yet?:smallconfused:

Freshmeat
2007-11-25, 11:23 PM
(Ill be out of the country from Monday til Friday, and Im not entirely sure whether Ill be able to post much, if at all. Consequently, Id be grateful if I wasnt autolynched until my return.)

Helgraf
2007-11-26, 03:45 AM
The castle is quiet. Very quiet. Even the madman Renfield seems to be taking a pass this morning - at least, there is no sign, nor sound of the raving lunatic.

It seems almost as if perhaps another day might pass without incident.

Almost.

The blood-pacted have other plans though. They descend upon the room of their chosen victim, throwing open the door. One among them strides forward, chosen by lot for right of first vitae.

There is a faint sound ... a sliver of sharpened wood flies from the darkness, catching the lead vampire in the chest, but lamentably missing the heart. A voice follows.

"Ja, I vas ... expectink du wouldst show ... I suggest you come not further this night, lest my next volley cast shou back into th' pit of Legion himself!"

A single candle flared. The notorious Dr. Abraham Van Helsing sat in a chair, a dreadfully ... efficent ... boltthrower held in his hands with a length of sharpened hawthorn wood. Mirrors were hung all about the chamber, and a fire blazed in the fireplace next to the good doctor.

The coven paused, then slammed the door shut, heading deep into the castle, hissing their hunger and disappointment.

Someone was attacked by the vampires, but Van Helsing saved them
Renfield was strangely quiet today.
Night begins and will end in 48-ish hours

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-28, 06:04 PM
*The llama wakes up and goes to see what's been happening around the rest of the castle. He passes the Lady Clara with a suspicious look, but spots the strange wasp creature, Ichy, and growls at it.*

*It seems perplexed that it didn't hear that creepy guy sneaking around last night and starts looking for clues as to what Renfield has been up to.*

Zar Peter
2007-11-28, 06:24 PM
I point at Ichneumon. To start pointing and because I have no clue.

Haruki-kun
2007-11-28, 08:26 PM
Lucky night once again, huh?

Well, I don't know who to vote for yet, so I'm pointing at no one for now.........

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-28, 09:05 PM
The Templar knocks on Alarra's door.

(Do I need to explain?)

Ink
2007-11-29, 05:27 AM
((I've also been finding Ichneumon quite suspicious for a while now. Ink points at Ichneumon.))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-29, 09:00 AM
(Ok. you made me explain.

Protect Andre please.

It appearsVan Helsing saved you from the Vampires.

I am STUNNED.

Wow. Thanks. Thank you very much.

I need to think about this.

They are obviously controlling the votes right now.

If they're targeting me, then they're going for the win by removing villagers. I don't feel I'm a threat in this game, so the strategy to eliminate me must be two-fold, control the voting phase by eliminating safe villagers and eliminating known villagers at night.

As I've stated in my private message - the VAMPIRES ARE CONTROLLING THE VOTING PHASE.

Please lynch a once known and suspected vampiress - the lovely if temperaturely challenged Alarra.)

Jontom Xire
2007-11-29, 09:18 AM
Unless it's a double bluff it would be unlikely for the vampires to attack someone who was pointed at by one of their own. I'm not sure about this "vampires controlling the voting phase" thing. There are by definition fewer of them than us. I think it more likely that they would like to control the voting phase than that they already are.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-29, 09:32 AM
(Let's see.

Removing credibilty from an argument against a proven vampire. Check.

Making confusing statements to try to remove momentum. Check.

Rarely posting. Check.

Not sure of his role, but have long suspected - especially with his quiet prescence. Check.

Jontom, are you a Vampire too?)

Jontom Xire
2007-11-29, 10:02 AM
No I'm not a vampire. However your own posts are suspect too.

You claim, without any proof, that it was you attacked last night. I haven't been paying much attention, but at what point was your innocence/credibility established?

Since when was Alarra a known vampire?

*NOTE* It is highly recommended that players (after their death) keep their roles a secret from anyone that didn't know it previously, as "The Eldest", Tzimisce Progenitor may very well raise you into the game once again with a different role.

Unless I am misunderstanding this, although Alara WAS a vampire BEFORE her death, AFTER her resurrection she could be anything.

Making confusing statements? Umm, what EXACTLY was confusing about them? They seemed crystal clear to me.

Ok, so I haven't really got into this game as much as I do in others. I'm not a vampire though.

So you're suspicious of me? I'm quite suspicious of you.

1) You pick a blatantly anti-vampire persona - a good cover to hide a vampire behind.

2) You make unsupported claims - that you were the one protected by Van Helsing. He's hardly going to come forward to deny it as he needs to keep his identity secret.

3) You use fear mongering (in capital letters no less <sigh>) to try and control the daytime vote and get Alarra lynched.

One thing I am confused by that has just occurred to me:

We know Alarra was a vampire before.
If she is no longer a vampire, surely she must have known some vampires before and as a now non-vampire would want to help us by naming names. At the least she could offer suspicions and stuff. How come the vampires haven't tried to either re-recruit her or kill her? There was a bandwagon against her before shortly after she was resurrected. Why wasn't she lynched again?

So actually I agree with you that Alarra is the most suspicious.

Oh, and one last point, even if I knew for a fact that you were a good guy and Alarra was a vampire I would still be highly inclined to question what is to me somewhat dubious logic. Only if I were a vampire would I be inclined to let it slide lest I draw attention to myself.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-29, 10:14 AM
No I'm not a vampire. However your own posts are suspect too.

You claim, without any proof, that it was you attacked last night. I haven't been paying much attention, but at what point was your innocence/credibility established? I concede on this point.

Since when was Alarra a known vampire?

Unless I am misunderstanding this, although Alara WAS a vampire BEFORE her death, AFTER her resurrection she could be anything.

Making confusing statements? Umm, what EXACTLY was confusing about them? They seemed crystal clear to me. They were, I apologize if I provoked you.

Ok, so I haven't really got into this game as much as I do in others. I'm not a vampire though.

So you're suspicious of me? I'm quite suspicious of you. That's cool.

1) You pick a blatantly anti-vampire persona - a good cover to hide a vampire behind. And a fun one too! It's based on the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying game Witch hunter class. I play a bit of WHFB when I can.

2) You make unsupported claims - that you were the one protected by Van Helsing. He's hardly going to come forward to deny it as he needs to keep his identity secret. At least six of us know that I am not a Vampire. Me, Van Helsing and the four members of Alarra's coven. After she came back she told me how many were in her coven before she was lynched. I suspect it's grown now.

3) You use fear mongering (in capital letters no less <sigh>) to try and control the daytime vote and get Alarra lynched. I apologize for the lack of decorum. I will edit the post. I'm frustrated as we've lynched Korias, and Fleeing Coward - two people I suspected and neither were vampires.

One thing I am confused by that has just occurred to me:

We know Alarra was a vampire before.
If she is no longer a vampire, surely she must have known some vampires before and as a now non-vampire would want to help us by naming names. At the least she could offer suspicions and stuff. How come the vampires haven't tried to either re-recruit her or kill her? There was a bandwagon against her before shortly after she was resurrected. Why wasn't she lynched again?

So actually I agree with you that Alarra is the most suspicious.

Oh, and one last point, even if I knew for a fact that you were a good guy and Alarra was a vampire I would still be highly inclined to question what is to me somewhat dubious logic. Only if I were a vampire would I be inclined to let it slide lest I draw attention to myself.

(Thank you for the careful, deliberate, and articulate response.)

Jontom Xire
2007-11-29, 11:22 AM
Same to you :)

I'm a little confused on the Alarra situation. You say she told you how many were in her coven. Presumably because she was no longer a vampire? Why didn't she tell you who? Why didn't she tell everyone who? How are you so sure she is back to being a vampire?

Ichneumon
2007-11-29, 11:28 AM
I point at Zar Peter.

Haruki-kun
2007-11-29, 11:40 AM
Well, your logic makes sense, methinks..........

Alarra it is, then.

Korias
2007-11-29, 03:28 PM
Andre: I was killed in the "Day". Not Lynched.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-29, 04:00 PM
Same to you :)

I'm a little confused on the Alarra situation. You say she told you how many were in her coven. Presumably because she was no longer a vampire? Why didn't she tell you who? Why didn't she tell everyone who? How are you so sure she is back to being a vampire?

(She and I were chatting *after* she had been brought back, and because she hadn't told me anything about anyone that made it all the more suspicious. I am convinced she is a vampire - but I've been wrong on (I think) every vote in this game except the one where we lynched her before.

Also, the Illusionist told her that the first night she was back, the Illusion was that she was a Vampire in the hopes they'd scry her and welcome her back. Unfortunately there was probably no reason to make the illusion, as she was a Vampire in reality.

Korias - I'm still sorry I thought you were guilty.)

Korias
2007-11-29, 05:14 PM
Korias - I'm still sorry I thought you were guilty.

No worries: This game is all about intrigue and suspicion. My banters with you when I was alive were fun and flavorful, So untill the next game, I suppose.

Zar Peter
2007-11-29, 05:18 PM
I point at Ichneumon. To start pointing and because I have no clue.

I think: thanks to Mr. Fairchilde, I have a clue now.

Points at Alarra

2007-11-29, 06:18 PM
Fullbladder unbars his door and joins the main happenings, the little brass-and-copper arm, now almost fully functional, hanging tightly from his shoulder.

He takes a bit of time to get his bearings, his dirty face and clothing standing out a bit, before conceding to the arguments and pointing at Alarra.

Helgraf
2007-11-29, 10:52 PM
And a fun one too! It's based on the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying game Witch hunter class. I play a bit of WHFB when I can.

((Ahh, WFRP ... one of my favorites. I just finished running a months' long campaign arc of that game about a month back.))

Freshmeat
2007-11-30, 09:31 AM
* Point at Alarra *
(mostly to ensure that a majority is reached to get someone lynched in the first place)

[Regardless of today's outcome, we need to find vampires ASAP. A lot of people are due to get autolynched. When those are gone, we're down to around 11 players or so. In other words: [I]very little room for any error whatsoever.]

Alarra
2007-11-30, 10:44 AM
First of all, there were only 3 people in my coven, not 4, reread your msn logs, Andre love. One of them was already dead by the time I was resurrected, thus I would have only had one name that I knew in any case. Which I couldn't share. Do you really think that the narrators would allow either a mason or vampire to 'switch teams' without putting some sort of regulations on the type of information they were allowed to share? It would be completely unfair for someone to be able to come back and share an entire list of bad guys.

And yes, you're right Freshmeat, there's not a lot of room for error, and will be even less so, once you lynch me....because lynching me will likely lose you two villagers.

But believe what you will *shrugs*

I don't know if you're a vampire or not, but in the effort of self-preservation...Alarra points at Ichneumon

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-30, 11:05 AM
(Bah, I don't read logs. 4 coven members including you. If you role has changed, I apologize to the village. Again. The vampires are killing 2/3 days and recruiting 1/3 days probably. I don't know for sure, but the numbers are certainly against us.)

Jontom Xire
2007-11-30, 11:37 AM
The previous two posts don't match up.

Andre says 4 including Alarra. Alarra says three of which one was dead leaving only one other which implies 3 including Alarra.

Secondly Alarra impliesshe has restrictions on naming the vampires she knows. Being a master of the art of making misleading yet entirely semantically empty statements I can safely say that:

Which I couldn't share. Do you really think that the narrators would allow either a mason or vampire to 'switch teams' without putting some sort of regulations on the type of information they were allowed to share? It would be completely unfair for someone to be able to come back and share an entire list of bad guys.

Is a particularly neat example. Alarra states emphatically that she couldn't share the names of her known vampires. She then implies that this is because she is under restrictions from the narrators. But does so with a question, NOT a statement. She then makes the completely subjective statement that it would be unfair.

To put some frame of reference on this, in other games where members of masonic groups get recruited, sharing of names when undergoing a role change is entirely allowed; Pirates for example where the AMEN alpha recruited a pirate and so got an entire cast list of all pirates. To put any such ban on a player is either ineffective or makes them playing pointless. Is Alarra allowed to point at vampires? If so isn't that unfair on the vampires because she can just point at them all until they are all dead, making the ruling pointless? If she's not allowed to point at them then it makes her playing the game pointless so she may as well have remained dead.

One thing that does confuse me and amaze me endlessly is that there appears to have been no leverage of Alarra's resurrection at all. I haven't been paying much attention to this game, leaving it mainly up to the network of good guys that I was sure must be forming (without including me) to win us the game. Bad I know. Yet looking back at it, surely Alarra was resurrected solely to obtain information on the vampires. Yet there has apparently been no attempt to use her resurrection apart from Andre's fruitless and somewhat limited conversation via MSN/PM. We have not heard anything from her about her experiences as a vampire, nothing about who any vampires might be, and not even (until know) that she was restricted from making any such statements. It doesn't even appear that anyone attempted to follow her pointing. Apart from a fruitless and somewhat abortive attempt to re-lynch her there has been nothing.

Shadow
2007-11-30, 11:52 AM
Renfield's madness spreads throughout the manor once more like weeds upon the prairie of your minds. Only now do you begin to realize the folly of bringing Lady Alarra back from the grave once again. Sitting at the top of the stairs, looking down upon the hall, Renfield watches the scene play out with a devilish grin upon his countenance.

As Andre and Jontom argue for a while, Renfield's grin grows wider. It suddenly disappates at the convergence of two opposite lines of reasoning however.

When Freshmeat finally descends upon Lady Alarra with a stake, she enters a frenzy, ripping off his head and throwing it at Neodan with such force that it tears his head clean from his body as well. As his immortal husk falls to the ground in ash, "Lady" Alarra turns her attention to Pwenet. Time slows for a moment in your eyes. Alarra hesitates for a breath, fearing the garlic hanging around Pwenet's neck. Her hands smolders a bit as she rips it from his throat before feral fangs rip the throat itself. Captain van der Decken takes up the fallen stake in an attempt to stop the vicious beast, but misses her heart.
She does not miss his.
Vonriel steps in to try to calm his friend and ally so that they may escape, but the other Childe is in such a frenzy that she doesn't even notice as the second vampire falls before her wrath.
Pingcode step forth with a crucifix. The Lady Alarra stops, staring at the abhorrent cross with hatred in her glowing eyes. Pingcode moves a pace closer, commanding the beast before him to it's knees.
The beast cornered, he takes a step closer and places the crucifix at her forehead to the sounds of screaming agony. Smoke fills the room with the stench of death as Alarra bursts into flames for the second time to your eyes. But the frenzy hasn't finished it's work yet.
Alarra's doomed soul wrapps Pingcode in her arms, setting him ablaze in the embrace. The screams of the burning flesh of life and unlife combine into a most horrifying symphony.

The kind that leaves Renfield laughing from above in the dead silence that follows.

Alarra, a Vampire, was lynched (again).
Unfortunately for Freshmeat_, she was also raised as Triole.
Neodan and Vonriel were auto-lynched. Both were Vamps.
Pwenet, Captain van der Decken and Pingcode (Mina Murray) were auto-lynched.
As Pingcode's lover was one of our active players, Jonathan was spared.
Dawn breaks as day begins.
PM both Helgraf and Shadow with any daytime actions.

Helgraf
2007-11-30, 04:23 PM
Renfield laughs, a hollow, wretched thing. A rattling gasp as he tries to draw in breath against the inhuman tide of laughter consuming him.

"Mmmm ... what is silence ... but the cresendo for the penultimate part of the score!"

Helgraf
2007-12-02, 02:12 AM
The days seem to be growing shorter. Or perhaps it is simply the will to endure that is fading into a kaleidoscope of shades of grey, giving each new morning and night little to distinguish it from the ones before, with only the manners of the deaths to seperate the noisome hours.

Who shall call me, who shall find me. Master master, never mind me.
Yet among the lost and the damned, some virtue remains. One among the many seeks for the lost childe, for the bastard son of madness among the darkening depression that hangs heavily upon the castle and its occupants, and although there is sadly nothing that can be done to cure the madman of his madness, something within him responds. Something is passed from one to the other, before the familiar howling of Renfield can be heard echoing through the castle's walls once again.

The madness can never be expunged. But perhaps it may be driven back for a time, for later that day, the madman could be found, sitting upon the flagstones, sitting within a circle of powdered silver which itself transcribed a triangle within; the triangle was marked in glyphs traced with his own blood. The black tome was opened once more, and for the first time, the madman turned the pages with certainty and clarity of insight.

"Cold be heart and hand and bone
That lay not still yet under stone
Called and culled and caul denied
Flesh preserved and soul defied."

The blood bursts into flames, deep purple flames...

"Ipso noctum vitae regnum
Caesar, nomine drusus sphinctum."

It leaps into the air, twisting, turning, squirming like a thousand maggots.

"Blood shall call them ... blood shall sate them
Blood shall find them ... blood will blind them
Called forth from the evernight
The madness caul shall twist their sight."

There is a soft, wet crunch, then the maggots suddenly shoot off in all directions, as though launched each with the force of a crossbow quarrel. Where they strike the walls, they leave a tiny spatter of blood. Renfield laughs, hiding the book away once more, and loping off. There is one more errand to run tonight...

Madness. Even as one soul finds a brief respite from it, another welcomes its soothing oblivion, its crazed oracles and insights. Toward the door turns the madman, knowing that which comes. The door is opened. Those without come within, to find their prey standing, arms extended, unclothed and awaiting the future seen since first the threshold crossed. The predators' confusion lasts but a moment - they are all the hungrier for being denied the night prior and fall upon him with vigor.

Renfield comes up the stairs, to find the door he sought already open ... He pauses, then sets something in the chamber anyway, though it can do the dead man no good. He slips deeper into the castle, tears and blood both flowing freely down his face.

Night falls.
Haruki-kun was killed by vampires before Renfield could get to him.
A good deed was rewarded
Renfield's madness was abated long enough to incant a spell properly

Night begins and will end roughly when 50% majority is reached or in 48 hours, whichever comes first with Shadow's availability.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-12-02, 12:35 PM
(3 vampires to 5 villagers.... :smallannoyed:)

The Templar reloads his pistols, and approaches Lord Fullbladder's room.

"Candygram for Lord Fullbladder..."

He carries a torch and some accelerant...

(He should have been autolynched long long ago, but he's here - Does he have a role?)

Jontom Xire
2007-12-02, 01:23 PM
I think CKG should be lynched. She was neck and neck for a bandwagon race and then survived. I wonder if there was a bit of undue influence involved in saving her?

Zar Peter
2007-12-02, 02:37 PM
If she's an vampire I don't think Alarra had pointed at her to keep a bandwagon running:

Alarra yawns and points at Curly

And another quote makes me suspicous:

Dangerous for whom, Jontom?

Shadow
2007-12-03, 11:08 AM
(He should have been autolynched long long ago, but he's here - Does he have a role?)
He probably should have, but by the time either of us actually got around to looking for those that needed auto-ing, he had just voted.

Haruki-kun
2007-12-03, 12:01 PM
((Awww............ man......... this really sucks. :smallfrown: ))

@V: WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!

Ichneumon
2007-12-03, 12:05 PM
I point at Haruki-kun Zar Peter, who is the best angel ever!

@V Thanks, didn't see that.:smallsmile:

Skippy
2007-12-03, 12:07 PM
((He's dead, Ichy.))

2007-12-03, 05:42 PM
He probably should have, but by the time either of us actually got around to looking for those that needed auto-ing, he had just voted.

Hah hah! Once more, the timing-heavy portfolio pays off! Yes, I should be dead. Looks like you're stuck with me.

Fullbladder cracks the door open.

"For me? Oh, Andre, you shouldn't have." The door slams shut again, and Fullbladder pops out of the room next door, having escaped via the window. "However I am trying to regulate the sugar intake, and cannot accept the candygram. You understand."

The tiny steam driven arm hanging from his shoulder points spasmodically at Ichneumon, it's tiny brass pipes making noises akin to Morse code. Following a morse code translation of the noises, however, would give one something along the lines of "I don't think there is any real evidence here anymore."

Andre Fairchilde
2007-12-03, 08:18 PM

(Shadow - Please don't influence our vote. Whether it was a mistake or not, you've just pulled any momentum we might have gained.)

Fleeing Coward
2007-12-03, 08:24 PM
(Think you're been abit paranoid there Andre, don't see how what Shadow said could influence votes.)

Shadow
2007-12-03, 08:39 PM
By "he probably should have", I was responding to the idea that he would have been auto'd.

As in: Andre: He should have been auto'd long long ago *snip*
Shadow: He probably should have *snip*

Nothing more.
There was no voting influence anywhere in that statement, and to be frank, I'm not sure how you thought there was.
At any rate, I'll shut up now and let you continue to play.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-12-03, 09:30 PM
*The llama comes up from the basement and looks between the strange bug creature Ichy, and Fullbladder.*

*With a look of indecision, he points a hoof at Fullbladder*

Ichneumon
2007-12-04, 04:27 AM
Vampires? Where?
Different thoughts go through his mind: "Blood, treason, honor, hero."
I am good. Evil is not what I am

The wasp creature runs and hides.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5982/thevampirereturnsid7.png

ZombieRockStar
2007-12-04, 06:11 PM
A worried air. Yet, still, grabbing a random person and dancing for five seconds. Then whirling around to fix eyes straight on Fullbladder.

Jontom Xire
2007-12-05, 03:48 AM
Dangerous for whom, Jontom?

Dangerous for us all. Look at it this way. If she's a good guy why isn't she being dangerous for the vampires. Therefore it's more likely she's dangerous to us (non-vampires).

I also think ZRS is a bit dangerous. But then I played with both as bad guys in other games and they were both key support to the bad guy team I was in in those games.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-12-07, 07:15 AM
((Isn't the night over yet?))

*points at Fullbladder*

Shadow
2007-12-07, 11:26 AM
Sorry I've been missing lately. With work being the only time that I can get on-line at the moment, coupled with the fact that I've been uber-busy at work.... I just haven't had much time.
Well anyway, the update will be edited into this post shortly.

****! Now there's something that I have to deal with that's going to take a lot of time.
I don't have time to be creative and sit here typing.
So, unfortunately, a simple summary will have to suffice.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins was staked.
Day begins and will end whenever actions have been determined, or in 24 hours.
Please PM all relevant actions to Helgraf and Shadow.

The ten remaining players are:
Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu the Masked Llama
CurlyKitGirl
Eldritch Knight
Hyramgraff
Ichneumon
Ink
Jontom Xire
Zar Peter
ZombieRockStar

Skippy
2007-12-07, 12:13 PM
Down to ten? Wow! I thought there were still more players left!

2007-12-07, 11:54 PM
And yet I can't stop thinking that it's pointless to use a stake through the heart to find a vampire. Wouldn't that kill anything?

Jontom Xire
2007-12-08, 01:01 PM
So was Fullbladder a vampire or not, then?

2007-12-08, 01:18 PM
The answer is a resounding no.