PDA

View Full Version : Vampire: Renfield's Masquerade (Game Thread)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Andre Fairchilde
2007-12-08, 01:28 PM
(Head hits desk. Sorry.)

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-12-08, 11:22 PM
'Twas a perfectly logical accusation. I had dodged the bullet once already and was just short hours away from from mocking the fact that I had dodged another.

Also, my bad voting record, my unhelpful posts, and a wanton disregard for temporal placement might make one suspicious of me.

Ichneumon
2007-12-10, 12:43 AM
I I I am ALIVE!!!!!

Eldritch Knight
2007-12-10, 12:48 AM
Hmm, interesting. Very Interesting.

How can we be sure who is not a member of the Living Dead?

Andre Fairchilde
2007-12-10, 01:05 AM
(Wrong phase, it's night - er... day. We don't vote yet or something.)

:smallsmile:

Helgraf
2007-12-12, 12:06 AM
((There will be a brief daytime delay due to an unavoidable total hard drive reformat and reinstall. We apologize for the dragging of the game this has produced. I apologize doubly for the hit in game quality and interest that this continous string of problems has created and can only hope that next time [and there will be a next time, with a few rules tweaks based on this run] the universe won't test me so severely.

As soon as I get the surviving player role list from Shadow, I will post the conclusion of Day with all the actions I've received so far. By the way, some of you haven't sent in an action and haven't declared a default for when you don't submit - if you don't get those to me, the ability will simply go unused. This is not a big deal for those of you with limited use abilities, but for those who get a free 'x' each day, it is a missed opportunity...))

Helgraf
2007-12-15, 01:26 AM
((There will be a brief daytime delay due to an unavoidable total hard drive reformat and reinstall. We apologize for the dragging of the game this has produced. I apologize doubly for the hit in game quality and interest that this continous string of problems has created and can only hope that next time [and there will be a next time, with a few rules tweaks based on this run] the universe won't test me so severely.

As soon as I get the surviving player role list from Shadow, I will post the conclusion of Day with all the actions I've received so far. By the way, some of you haven't sent in an action and haven't declared a default for when you don't submit - if you don't get those to me, the ability will simply go unused. This is not a big deal for those of you with limited use abilities, but for those who get a free 'x' each day, it is a missed opportunity...))

Also, bump.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-12-16, 01:41 PM
The Templar is completely confused as to whether it is day or night. If it is Day, then he should be able to go outside his room, and so he does.

Clearly, if it is day, then no Vampires are about - so it is safe to hunt them.

Seeing that there is no activity on the streets, the Templar heads first to church. No one is there. After praying for a few moments, he heads over to the library.

So much tinder here! He leaves, making a note to come back and check out some books as soon as he finds a target.

He makes his way to a tavern - ghostly silent for being the middle of such a long, long, long, long, long, long day.

"Am I dreaming? But the sun is out."

Now searching for anyone - not only the hated undead - he continues the search for people by picking a home at random.

Selecting a home with smoke coming out of the chimney - he knocks. No answer. He knocks again. No answer. He kicks in the door and finds... no one. The fire is lit, food is cooking, but no one is in the two story home.

The templar walks upstairs, grabs a straw filled matress, and brings it downstairs. He thourougly searches the house, but finds no one.

He continues to bring valuables down into the living room.

After spending over an hour bringing all the belongings downstairs, he walks over to the fireplace, grabs a log - sets it on fire, and slowly deliberatly sets all the belongings on fire. Seeing that the pyre of possessions is burning, the Templar walks out of the empty home, and into the next house to do the same there...

CurlyKitGirl
2007-12-16, 01:54 PM
Lady Clara is still in her home, learning her deportment.

However, the forth wall breaks once more and CKG walks out of a shimmery black portal thingy. Walking over to the pyromaniac she's never seen before she stands around holding a couple of sticks and a large bag of Marshmallows. "I wonder if I'll be able to have roasted marshmallows."

Shadow
2007-12-17, 11:11 AM
The list that Helgraf asked for has been sent to him, so there should be an update as soon as he gets time.

Also, my home net issues should be resolved this week (either tomorrow or Wednesday) so I'll be able to help out once again.

And now.... back to work for me....

Andre Fairchilde
2007-12-17, 07:21 PM
(You could have sent me the info... I swear I'd put it to good use...)

Helgraf
2007-12-18, 04:01 AM
The castle's halls are far lonelier this night ... a creeping emptiness, a bleak and grey despair that even the most carefully planned arsons cannot pierce. Though none speak of it, many are quietly surrendering what little hope they held.

It is a bitter vintage that the spawn have cultivated.

Even Renfield seems somehow infected by the malaise, moving through the corridors so quietly that there is little, if any sign, to mark his passage. His labours this day are brief and soon completed.

The vampires glide silently though the castle, landing in front of a door and throwing it open. Surprise illuminates their features for a moment, as it seems the one lairing within is not the one they were expecting to find. However, their hunger, no lessened by this fact, drives them onward, and another of the living is exsanguinated by the black host before they retreat to their hidden lairs.

Jontom Xire was killed by vampires.

Night falls and lasts for 48 hours or until majority is reached. Nine players remain:

Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu the Masked Llama
CurlyKitGirl
Eldritch Knight
Hyramgraff
Ichneumon
Ink
Zar Peter
ZombieRockStar

Korias
2007-12-18, 07:23 AM
Whoa! JX Wasn't a vampire?! Coulda sworn he was one of them...

CurlyKitGirl
2007-12-18, 02:44 PM
((I'm very close to mild cursing now.))

Londontown suburbs were eerily silent. Devoid of hawking cries of vendors and the normal quiet murmers of the night.
Lady Clara staered pensively out of her window at the few lights flickering in the omnious dark; drawing in closer to her haven. "Black as ink out there. Ere this old night draws to a steel dawn I sense a death lingering 'pon Thier slavering pale lips. And this visiting (C)Zar Peter seems so unpeturbed. Likewise this Templar Andre and the one known as ZRS. And this Eldritch Kinght his Llama steed take up room too. One can only hope an end is soon."

Andre Fairchilde
2007-12-18, 07:11 PM
*Point at ZombieRockStar*

Eldritch Knight
2007-12-18, 09:09 PM
I concur with this assessment, and shall point at ZRS

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-12-18, 11:26 PM
(hmmmm....I want to kill Curly, but...she may have a point. Darn sheep.)

I point at ZombieRockStar.

ZombieRockStar
2007-12-19, 01:07 AM
A hand grabs Clara(CKG)'s as she walks through the streets. Leading the lady though the dangerous night. Occasionally glancing, and in those glances, fear like a well, very deep but still. Wandering the whole night, without anything to do, and no one to turn to. Arriving back at the manor, leaving Curly to go with the LLama if she so chooses. Slipping away.

Zar Peter
2007-12-19, 06:45 AM
Sorry, ZRS, but I think you will haul with the wolves.

Ink
2007-12-21, 05:45 AM
((I'm back! Helgraf and Shadow, thanks for sparing me from the autolynch while I was away. I'll be able to actively participate again from now on.))

Ink points at ZombieRockStar

Shadow
2007-12-21, 11:54 AM
Sorry about this guys.
Check this out. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3690547#post3690547)

And Helgraf.... Dude.... I suck.

Jontom Xire
2007-12-21, 02:10 PM
Whoa! JX Wasn't a vampire?! Coulda sworn he was one of them...

Well thanks for that. Just because I wasn't my usual loquacious self doesn't mean I'm a bad guy!

And I'm so surprised even months after the games where I was a bad guy ended, that I evaded suspicion by being quiet when my normal good guy modus operandi is to be extremely vocal!! And then got lynched (or maybe bad guy killed - or both) in a couple of games by being vocal again!

<sigh>

Some people never learn my game style even after so many games.

Ichneumon
2007-12-21, 06:16 PM
I point at Ink

Helgraf
2007-12-22, 02:00 AM
((Just a quick heads-up. Christmas season is kicking my arse - I'll post the end of day lynches as well as the night actions as neccesary until the game ends or Shadow is in a feasable situation again. I'm going to try and get this knocked out this weekend.))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-12-22, 09:50 AM
Nice. filler space

Helgraf
2007-12-24, 07:25 PM
The small crowd gathers. One by one, the fingers extend toward ZombieRockStar. Save two ... these lay upon Ink and upon the Llama. But two against six means nothing.

They surge forward, anger and despair warring in their faces. Too often have their efforts gained them naught. Too often have they failed to find one of the enemy among them.

ZRS is restrained. The noose is put about his neck and tightened. A large clove of garlic is stuffed into his mouth. His protests are muffled by the obstructing object.

He is half-carried, half-dragged to the balcony over the great doors that lead into the keep, and tossed over the edge. The line goes taut. The body dangles.

As the sun's first rays strike the corpse, it begins to smoulder and smoke, bursting into flames and burning away to ash that drifts on the wind to the ground below.

ZombieRockStar was lynched by the villagers. He was a Vampire.
Dawn has risen. Send all night actions to Shadow and Helgraf (even though I'll be processing them, the backup is always a good plan). With Christmas fast upon us, this next night will end in approximately 48 to 72 hours (e.g. 24 hours longer than usual).

8 Players remain...
Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu the Masked Llama
CurlyKitGirl
Eldritch Knight
Hyramgraff
Ichneumon
Ink
Zar Peter

CurlyKitGirl
2007-12-24, 07:27 PM
((I knew it! Well, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good nightday!))

Ichneumon
2007-12-25, 12:14 PM
Great, only 8 remain. Who is the vampire, I ask, on this darkening day? Who is it?:smallbiggrin:

Helgraf
2007-12-29, 01:55 AM
Eight. Nine if you included the madman Renfield.

Doors were barred, locked, barricaded. Secured in any way possible. Some had stooped to robbing the chapel of its effects in the hopes that one or more of those items might protect the takers from the vampires among them.
Where are you hiding ... Master?

The dwindling count of the living meant Renfield had less crawling about to do each evening, yet this gave the man no relief. After all his work in sending the letters, the bribes, the carefully leaked information, still those who had come, though each impressive in their own right, had not manage to excise the cancer. To free him from bondage. To make _me_ Master!

So many had simply died - at their own hands or as food for the Master and his spawn.

The Belfry. He returned once more to the Belfry, and here he opened the tome once more. Picking up a loose half-brick long fallen from the masonry above, he slammed it into his face - again and again, until a tooth loosened and fell to the stones. He then crushed the tooth, ground it down into powder, and sprinkled it over the page of the book as he sang the dark words through bleeding lips. Dark be heart and hand and bone

Greasy black smoke rose from the tome .. with each repetition of the words it grew larger, larger, seeping out into the castle, hanging like a haze in the air.
and dark be vision under stone. Cast upon the worlds' veil.

Again and again, blood oozing down his broken chin to spatter the cobbles and the pages of the book. So thus all sight shall fail, and seek to no avail.

The bell in the tower began to toll of its own accord. Renfield grabbed up the book with a shriek and fled deep into the depths of the manor.

The witch-hunter was busy with his task of burning all free-standing structures that would not spread to the manor house proper. Someone hands him an oil-soaked log, and he mutters his thanks as he tosses it onto the pile. His instincts scream a warning ... just precisely too late, as he is shoved with incredible force into the very building he intended to set ablaze. The door is slammed shut and something heavy thuds against it.

He does not worry - witch hunters have certainly been in worse straits, and the would-be murderer is outside. The sun will break the cloud cover and make short work of them if a vampire soon enough.

When the only window is shattered and a flaming bottle explodes against the dry and prepared wood. That is when he begins to worry. An attempt to escape by the window is thwarted by the terrible strength of what must be one of the wampyr - his arm is nearly broken in the brief scuffle that ends with him being thrown back into the wood which is already blazing....

It all goes downhill from there... Renfield, watching from a high window, quietly steps away and back into the tower. We are lost...

Andre Fairchilde was burned to death.
Dusk falls. Voting may now begin and will end in _roughly_ 48 hours (variable as usual for the busyness and such).

7 Players remain...
Atreyu the Masked Llama
CurlyKitGirl
Eldritch Knight
Hyramgraff
Ichneumon
Ink
Zar Peter

CurlyKitGirl
2007-12-30, 08:41 AM
"This is terrible news. I was right once, but now we are but seven, and I am unsure who is a false creature. For now I believe that this foriegn (C)Zar Peter may have a few clues; he is from their natural realm after all. But there is a Knight most eldritch and his Llama steed. And this Ichneumon animal, and the absent HyramGraff and the manufacturer who works with ink. WHy are they not more more active in these perilous times?"

Ink
2007-12-30, 10:16 AM
Ink points at Zar Peter.

"I still don't trust that Czar chap. He seems most suspicious out of the bunch that's left. Plus, he's royalty, and page 53 in Vampire Hunting for Dummies says that vampires often have noble blood."

Zar Peter
2007-12-30, 11:52 AM
Hmmm... isn't it said Vampires have no blood at all?
Well well, let's continue our meal, I hope it won't be our last! For me I'm sure I will see the night coming but what about you HyramGraff?

Eldritch Knight
2007-12-30, 12:58 PM
HyramGraff, I believe you to be a vampire.

Ichneumon
2007-12-30, 01:02 PM
HyramGraff, I have no idea if you are a vampire.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-01-01, 09:34 PM
The llama growls menacingly at Curly because she's wearing a wool sweater that looks like it came from a cousin of his.

Helgraf
2008-01-01, 10:40 PM
Wittled down, one by one they fall, one by one they die.

Curly and Zar Peter are looked at suspiciously, but in the end four of the other five point at HyramGraff, whom is strangely silent.

They fall upon the silent one, convinced his lack of speech indicates his guilt. The madman eggs them on to greater bloodlust, greater violence. The vampires _must_ be exposed.

HyramGraff is seized up, noosed and thrown over the balcony.

A hard, bone-grinding snap.

HyramGraff's body dangles in the breeze.

HyramGraff was lynched.

Dawn has risen. Those with actions left submit them to Helgraf and Shadow. Night will fall in roughly 2 days, sooner if I get all the actions and have the free time.

6 Players remain...
Atreyu the Masked Llama
CurlyKitGirl
Eldritch Knight
Ichneumon
Ink
Zar Peter

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-01-01, 11:49 PM
*The llama pokes at the body, whimpering nervously and slinks off somewhere to hide for the day. It curls up in the basement, clutching its crucifix in its teeth, just in case.*

Ichneumon
2008-01-02, 09:20 AM
This becomes interesting.

Helgraf
2008-01-05, 10:53 PM
Daytime passes quietly. Night falls, and you all begin to gather in the Great Hall.

Atreyu the Masked Llama and CurlyKitGirl. Eldritch Knight. Ichneumon and Ink.
Aye, even Renfield, a man whose outer madness is perhaps a more honest mirror to the turmoil and terror than you'd like to admit.

The Czar is missing.

A search of the castle begins. The door to his room is opened.
Empty. The sheets made perfectly, clothes and effects in order, but of the man himself, there is no sign.

A loud crash from without, and you stagger back toward the sound.

One of the candleabras has crashed into the floor. Eyes follow the rope up to the ceiling ... where the corpse of the Czar hangs, clearly an insufficent counterweight to the great and burdensome chandelabra.

Zar Peter was killed in the night.

Dusk falls. Voting may now begin and will end in _roughly_ 48 hours (variable as usual for the busyness and such).

5 Players remain...
Atreyu the Masked Llama
CurlyKitGirl
Eldritch Knight
Ichneumon
Ink

Zar Peter
2008-01-06, 06:08 PM
Hey, I'm dead but the living may vote!

Points at Helgraf.

You did it!

Eldritch Knight
2008-01-06, 09:26 PM
I point at Ichneumon

Why? Because he said this:

"Great, only 8 remain. Who is the vampire, I ask, on this darkening day? Who is it?:smallbiggrin: "

I consider this a feeble attempt to hide his true nature.

Andre Fairchilde
2008-01-06, 09:40 PM
"Ah! I see everything clearly now." Walks over to Zar Peter. "Poker? There should be a ghost of a tavern that I burned around her somewhere...")

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-01-06, 11:52 PM
(yay! Forums are working again.)

*The llama sits down and ponders his options and who he thinks he can trust.*

(Well, I know who the vampire hunters seemed to trust and I know what the items I had told me and that leaves me with two people that I need to test. Ichy is one of them, so as much as I want to pester Curly, I need to point at Ichy)

Ink
2008-01-07, 12:31 AM
Ink looks carefully from one person to the other and finally raises a hand to point at Ichy.

Helgraf
2008-01-07, 12:57 AM
Hey, I'm dead but the living may vote!

Points at Helgraf.

You did it!

The corpse did it, eh? If the necromancer rezzed me that might have been a workable theory...

Ichneumon
2008-01-07, 12:11 PM
I am not a vampire.... Seriously, I am the fool...

Now, I point at CurlyKitGirl

CurlyKitGirl
2008-01-07, 02:15 PM
"Ah, this day is even worse. Mayhap Ichy knows why?"

(Ever so random.))

Helgraf
2008-01-07, 10:36 PM
((All votes are in))

Five in a circle. All hands point to Ichneumon save his own, which insist upon CurlyKitGirl.

The half-man, half-bug backpedals with a furious buzzing sound, seeking for an escape.

A faint groan from above. Eyes dart up briefly but not long enough to lose sight of Ichneumon.

Renfield hangs upside from from one of the other candelabras, his feet somehow twisted through the framework holding him in place.

In his hands, he clutches something small and dark, holding it tight to his chest.

An odd low hum rises from whatever is hidden in his hands. It sits at the edge of hearing, putting people's teeth on edge. Ichneumon, on the other hand, tries to get away from it, as something in the tone interferes with his nervous system. A blind panic, away away Away AWAY!!!

A sickening crunch, and a revolting sight.

Ichneumon, impaled upon the extended sabre of one of the castle's many statues, ichor spilling to the floor, spreading as the morning sun rises.

Ichneumon was lynched.
Day begins and will end when I have all day actions or within 48 hours.

4 Players remain...
Atreyu the Masked Llama
CurlyKitGirl
Eldritch Knight
Ink

Ichneumon
2008-01-08, 11:30 AM
I told you so. :smallamused:

Andre Fairchilde
2008-01-08, 10:36 PM
(Deals Ichneumon into the poker game...)

2008-01-08, 10:55 PM
*takes Andre's coffee*

Scruffy knows who killed them people. Scruffy also thinks Fairchilde cheats at cards.

Andre Fairchilde
2008-01-09, 09:06 PM
("Cheats!? :smalleek: Ok. Maybe a little. :smallredface: So there's 7 Aces in the deck... :smallwink: ")

Helgraf
2008-01-10, 02:25 AM
So few. So very few, standing against the horror of the Old Dark.

So many dead. So many secrets.
Who to know? Who to trust?
Who was left?

The madman's hands were empty. There was nothing in the dread tome that could alter the final outcome now.

Broken and dying. Just like the estate.

The wolves howled outside the gates day and night now, showing no fear of those inside.

They scrambled, they schemed, they sought.

And they died.

And they died.

The sun set, the sky a baleful crimson scar that slowly coagulated into blackness.

Three guests returned to the great hall.

There was no frantic search this time ... just the inevitable acceptance that, one way or another, the hunt would end within the next 24 hours.

Dusk falls.

Eldritch Knight was slain.

Night will end in 24 hours (roughly) - sooner if all votes are cast and I have the time on the computer.

3 Players remain... endgame is upon us.
Atreyu the Masked Llama
CurlyKitGirl
Ink

Zar Peter
2008-01-10, 03:26 AM
Looks up from the poker table.

Hey guys, look at this. It's getting interesting!

CurlyKitGirl
2008-01-10, 08:23 AM
((:eek: Oh dear.))

Lady Clara indicates that the Ink splattered on her gown must be removced.

Ink
2008-01-10, 08:52 AM
((Crikey, I don't think I've ever been in this kind of situation before.))

Ink's eyes travel back and forth between the two characters standing before him, one of whom must be a vile unnatural murderer. His hand rises to point at Curly Llama Curly Llama Curly Llama Curly.

((This is like one of those Christie novels where you have a whole group of people trapped together somewhere and one by one they are gruesomely murdered until you end up with three paranoid people in the room staring each other down.))

CurlyKitGirl
2008-01-10, 01:32 PM
((We're all going to die. Now all Llama has to do is point at Llama. So, which of us is going to die?))

2008-01-10, 01:38 PM
((Ooo, I remember this. This happened in Death's Werewolf game. It all comes down to luck now. Unless of course two of you know the other is innocent. Who will survive?))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-01-10, 11:32 PM
(Hmmm. So many factors, but alas, I know that certain people that I could trust. I know who they trusted. Therefore I have to point at the person that I don't think was trusted. )

The llama bleats angerily at INK*

Helgraf
2008-01-11, 01:07 AM
Two against one.

After fifteen days and night of horrific carnage, of madness made manifest, of putting fellow men to the torch, to the noose, all seeing the elusive killers among them, it has all boiled down to two and one.

Lady Clara and the llama both look pointedly at Ink. They advance upon him. He backs away, until his back is to a wall. Then he hisses ...

"Very well ... no two mere mortals are a match for the bloodline of the Impaler," he growls, as fingers enlongate into claws and he scurries up the wall like an oddly inverted spider.

They are wary of him ... he leaps from the wall toward the llama, leaving deep furrows in the stone as he launches himself at the furry creature. Claws slash out, seeking to tear him open.

And there is a brilliant flash, as the silver crucifix upon the necklace around the Llama's neck bursts into holy fire. The vampire howls in pain as his flesh boils, and turns, leaping toward Lady Clara, whose hands are hidden behind a old tattered cloak.

Time seems to stretch out ... enlongate ... the Vladspawn hurtling through the air, claws extended, cape billowing like a gigantic strangling shadow.

The Lady's cloak drops as she raises her arms, revealing the oversized hand-crossbow.

Ink's arm stretched back, slams forward into her jaw with a sickening crunch.

Her fingers tense, pulling the trigger, releasing the energy built up in the winding mechanism and launching the sliver of blessed hawthorn wood.

His other hand comes across, slamming into her collarbone. His face shoots forward, fangs reeking of blood and rot and charnal pits as his fetid breath rakes the Lady's delicate features. An inch, a centimeter, the thinness of paper; she can feel the edges of his fangs upon her throat ...

She is slammed to the ground by the weight.

The llama rushes over, turning to deliver a fearsome kick to knock the vampire away from her, and the impact sends the body flying; when it hits the floor, it disintegrates in a dusty explosion, leaving behind only a bleach-boned skeleton.

Curly struggles to rise, but in the end, must accept the llama's aid to get to her feet.

As she rises, the llama spots something around her neck and his eyes widen.
Curly, unable to speak yet because of her broken jaw simply nods and presses a finger to the llama's lips, swearing him to silence.

Renfield, silent all this time, quietly walks over to the main doors of the manor and throws them wide. Sunlight, warm and pure, untainted by shadow, streams through the doors of Godalmung Manor unrestrained for the first time since the madness began.

Dawn rises, and the last of the vampire spawn appear to have been put to rest. The villagers win!

Role list to follow.

Haruki-kun
2008-01-11, 01:14 AM
YES! The Villagers won! WOOT!

Freshmeat
2008-01-11, 01:26 AM
By the time the game reached around 5-6 players, I was nearly certain the villagers had lost, what with additional vampires being recruited.
I can only assume Vlad was killed off early on or something. Speaking of which, the fact that the seer died early on (at least, I think he/she did...) certainly helped a lot in creating a paranoid setting where no one really has a clue about how good or how bad they're doing.
Which is a nice change of pace compared to more typical WW games.

Helgraf
2008-01-11, 01:26 AM
Cast of Characters

Alarra - Vampire Spawn - returned as Evoker (but still Spawn)
Almighty Salmon - Vampire Spawn
Andre Fairchilde - Feuder, Villager
Atreyu the Masked Llama - Lover, Villager
Banjo1985 - Villager
Captain van der Decken - Villager
Castaras - Heir, Gypsy (Arthur Holmwood Esq.)
CurlyKitGirl - Baner, Villager
Eldritch Knight - Diviner, Gypsy (Absimillard) returned with no extra role
evnafets - Evoker, Villager (Troile)
Flying Elephant - Gypsy
Fleeing Coward - Villager
freshmeat - Abjurer, Villager (Veddharta)
Haruki-kun - Transmuter, Villager (Malkav)
Hyramgraff - Enchanter, Villager (Ishtar)
Ichneumon - Fool, Feuder, Villager (Peter Hawkins)
Indurain - Villager
Ink - Vampire Spawn
Jeggred Von - Gypsy
Jontom Xire - Villager
Joosbawx - Illusionist, Villager (Dracian)
Khaldan - Villager
Korias - Necromancer, Villager (The Eldest)
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins - Conjurer, Villager (Tremere)
Malmagor Andrigal - Villager
Neodan - Emporer, Vampire Spawn (Lord Godalming)
Pwenet - Villager
Pingcode20 - Lover, Villager
Piratemonk - Gypsy
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom - Villager
radikalskippy - Gypsy
Raeden - Villager
Raiser B1ade - Gypsy
Stu42 - Villager
Terumitsu - Villager
Therarde - Villager
Traveling Angel - Vampire Alpha (Vlad the Impaler)
Vonriel - Vampire Spawn
Vuurmeester - Vampire Spawn
Zar Peter - Villager
Zeratul - Villager
ZombieRockStar - Vampire Devil (Lucy Westerna)

One of the other returnees from the dead inherited the Illusionist role, but my brain is slipping on whom it was.

Now, commence end of game chat, questions, inquiries, suggestions, et cetera!

Freshmeat
2008-01-11, 03:53 AM
One of the gypsies also happened to be the diviner? That's pretty sweet.

In hindsight, the wolves were rather unfortunate what with:
The transmuter targeting Radikalskippy and getting the Blood boil effect just as Skippy was attacked by vampires (as far as I understand)
Vlad being the one that was killed because of evnafets' beast effect (Triole, evoker)
Multiple vampire autolynchings

Interestingly enough, this still ended up being a very close game. Looks like Skippy's/Curly's network of trust (as far as trust goes in a paranoia game) paid off. Kudos to them for that, along with anyone else I'm forgetting (I basically just tagged along and then died rather randomly, so I have only passing knowledge of who was responsible for what).

So, how about telling us the long List of Freakshow Coincidences™?

Helgraf
2008-01-11, 04:19 AM
I'd love to give you the full scoop but my harddrive reformat (that I'd had to do midway through the game) cost me my extensive notes on the play by play. However, I can reconstruct some of it from memory - when it's not so early in the morning.

A lot of it has to do with the "Renfield effect" - which required a fair amount of bookkeeping, but worked very well.

A) Every night, Renfield would randomly select a player and give them an item; the list the item came from varied depending on if they were a villager or a vampire, with some items in common. Most of these items were reactionary in nature (defensive items rather than scryer items). Some had to be activated blindly (ie, you had to hope you guessed correctly that you would be attacked/scried/whatevered that night) - others remained until activated.

B) Every other day, starting with day 3, and skipping only the last day, Renfield would attempt a spell from the book of rituals he stole on day 2 (you can see it in the flavour text for that day, if you'd like). These spells were drawn randomly from a list of 10; 4 enchantments (which affected everyone equally), and 6 dweomers (3 normal, 3 "reversed" - because sometimes Renfield would botch the spell) - the dweomers took longer because we had to PM the people Renfield chose (again, randomly - I had to roll a helluva lot of dice in AIM chats for this game); and each of them would choose another player. Depending on the dweomer in question, and whether or not it was cast successfully or reversed, either A) Everyone chosen (by renfield or another player) was affected or B) Everyone chosen by the people chosen by Renfield were effected or C) Everyone chosen by Renfield was affected. The exact effect varied from spell to spell - one let the "renfield selected" choose the actual votes of the players selected - and the reverse one did it the other way around; whomever you picked chose your vote the next day. Since it was all done via PM, the person enchanted had no way of knowing if they were affected or not, so they couldn't give away any 'tells' in their posts - they would vote as normal, and Shadow would just adjust the final vote tallies to account for the differences.

This is also how the council member with the mesmerize type skill worked, incidentally. He chose a player and who they'd vote for the next night. The player was not told, his or her vote was just changed at the end of night tally silently.

Now, I'm going to review the death logs and will post my reconstruction of the 'freak chain of events' tomorrow or the day after (it may be as late as Monday - this is going to be a very busy weekend for me).

Andre Fairchilde
2008-01-11, 07:35 AM
Sweet! My last WW game as a player and we won! I even died - twice!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-01-11, 07:48 AM
(GAH!! I can't believe I had to team with my nemesis CKG. It was very fun, though. 3 Cheers for the narrating team!!!)

Skippy
2008-01-11, 10:08 AM
Awesome game!! Congratulations, villagers!!!

As for some notes of the game:

-Sadly, there was too little comunication between the gypsies. Despite my efforts to make them work together, no one seemed to care enough. Besides, EK gave away our names to Alarra, who was a vampire, and we dropped like flies.

-About the blood boil thing that saved me, it was an awesome story, which I believe most of you already know. Alarra, who already knew I was a gypsy, was revealed to me as one of the vampires and so I tried to steer the voting in her direction. However, she had a lynch protection effect given to her by Haruki, so nothing happened.

-The trust network was a success, apparently. My death was an unfortunate result of Haruki and I trying to get lucky again, using his random effects. Too bad it didn't work.

-Andre was the one resurrected as the Illusionist.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-01-11, 02:57 PM
As Baner I sucked. I made exactly one good move. I protcted Andre. Again I managed to build up a trust network thanks to blind luck; risk and strategy.

It's a shame that none of the Masons work. I had no intermediary to contact the roles. I knew all the roles (or most of them) except for the Seer. But because I had no proven role or trusted person I couldn't contact any of them.
And you know what's ironic. The only note I made for Vampire was in an old document in the recycle bin. It said:
EK - Villager/non-Vamp. Certified by RS
Lama - Role (can't remember which one) Non-vamp. Certified - Andre
ZP - non-Vamp? Unsure.
INK - Andre's recommendation for lynching after Fullbladder. Almost certainly a Vamp.

If I hadn't cleaned out my file we would have won faster. *sigh* But at least my hunch about ZRS was right. We (me, Andre, RS and ZP) had him pegged as Villager. Or at least less likely to be a Vamp.

2008-01-11, 05:31 PM
Wait, so if you had gone with Andre's second choice first, we'd have gotten rid of the vampires sooner? Damn. I should have used that second Blood Shield like had pondered.

I honestly had no idea at any of the roles, and not just because I vanished for a week. Even before that, I was to afraid to waste the Tremere Blood Powers where they wouldn't be used. And after that, of course, the same thing happened, and I decided not to save myself cheaply like the first time.

Eldritch Knight
2008-01-11, 05:42 PM
Figures that I was the last to die, after all, I was the first.

Hmmm, I think that's the only time that's happened.

The plan I had worked out with Alarra was that the vampires would turn me, since I had made it clear to those I worked with what I was, then I could wreak havoc with impunity. That obviously didn't happen, but it would have been so much fun!

Ichneumon
2008-01-12, 05:24 AM
Wow, we won...

Korias
2008-01-12, 09:29 PM
Wow... That was fun. When I first learned of my role, I decided to be as Un-Necromantic as possible. Being a Pirate, seemed like a logical choice at the time.

I got a Mirror when Andre blew up my cannon, and used it on Curly, which put me in contact with The Baner. Which was nice. Then, to cover my tracks, I lynched Andre and Revived him. He then realized that I was the necromancer. (Good guess!)

However, I did not revive EK. Which seemed to be something of Renfields doing.

The game was incredibly fun. Kudos to Helgraf on the Awesome Renfield scenes!

Andre Fairchilde
2008-01-12, 09:36 PM
Would have been nice to be in on the plan... :smallamused:

Korias
2008-01-12, 10:26 PM
Would have been nice to be in on the plan... :smallamused:

I thought you were a vampire when you contacted me... So how could I know?

Helgraf
2008-01-13, 02:16 AM
EK was revived by Malkav.

Malkav's "power" is to select a player. That player is randomly affected by one of the other powers in the game. As each power comes up, it is removed from Malkav's random list.

Malkav got the Necromancer ability that night, so the target chose to revive EK.

Haruki-kun
2008-01-13, 03:14 AM
Holy Crap! I was actually useful?

Awesome!

The Mirror, the Blood Boil with Skippy, the revival of EK?

Too bad I also succeeded in protecting a vampire and killing Skippy.

...........To be honest, this random ability is the most fun role I've ever had. :smallbiggrin:

Shadow
2008-01-14, 11:46 AM
Holy Crap! I was actually useful?

Awesome!

The Mirror, the Blood Boil with Skippy, the revival of EK?

Too bad I also succeeded in protecting a vampire and killing Skippy.

...........To be honest, this random ability is the most fun role I've ever had. :smallbiggrin:

You were much more useful than you know.
People were getting scries (although some of them were fool's scries), night protections, day protections, rezzing Andre, all kinds of stuff.
You only actually knew about a small few of them, but your role was quite silently effective.

That was a shame about Skippy. When I rolled on Invisible Castle and saw that it was a "suicide" I almost wanted to roll again.

The way that I ran (Malkav given) scries and rezzes and such, as players can verify, were fitting to the situation I think.

Scries were something like an envelope on your bed. Whose name is on the front of it? [insert list of living players] Personal information within the file.

Or the selected player (Piratemonk if I remember) was having a dream. A dream filled with maniacal laughter, but different from the mad Renfield's. Following the sound, you find yourself in a graveyard. Whose gravemarker are you looking at? [insert list of dead players] Named player (EK) was rezzed.

Things like that.
The plan I had worked out with Alarra was that the vampires would turn me, since I had made it clear to those I worked with what I was, then I could wreak havoc with impunity. That obviously didn't happen, but it would have been so much fun!But what you didn't know, what no one knew, was that Van Helsing, Absimillard (the Seer) and the Gypsies would rather die than become an abomination.
Had any of you been turned, you would have killed yourself instead.
So your plan was doomed from the start, but you didn't know it.

One more thing:
I am not chalking this up as a villager win.
I consider this the first ever draw.
Consider the fact that Atreyu the Masked Llama was one of the surviving players.
He was one of the lovers.
His lover died due to an auto-lynch.
I didn't feel it was fair to kill an active player because someone else was inactive, so I let him live.
Had I not done that....

So I consider this a draw.