PDA

View Full Version : School of spell emulated by Wish?

OracularPoet
2019-02-01, 10:40 PM
Say you cast Antimagic Field using Wish and take a 50hp attack. Also you are a Conjuration Wizard. Do you not roll a Concentration save (Wish is Conjuration and you have Focused Conjuration) or are you rolling against DC 25 (Antimagic Field is Abjuration)? Basically, are all spells cast using Wish conjuration spells?

JNAProductions
2019-02-01, 10:44 PM
Say you cast Antimagic Field using Wish and take a 50hp attack. Also you are a Conjuration Wizard. Do you not roll a Concentration save (Wish is Conjuration and you have Focused Conjuration) or are you rolling against DC 25 (Antimagic Field is Abjuration)? Basically, are all spells cast using Wish conjuration spells?

I'd probably rule you can maintain concentration without a save.

It's powerful, yes, but it's a subclass feature AND a 9th level spell.

RAW, I think that's right, but more important, ask your DM if you want to try this.

Rukelnikov
2019-02-01, 10:47 PM
Given that Wish has a duration of instantaneous, I'd assume you treat AMF separately.

Also there's a tweet from JC stating that "A spell you duplicate with Wish can be cast at a higher level, as long as that level is no higher than 8th". If the spell was emulated by Wish but remained being Wish, this wouldn't make sense, since Wish a 9th level spell.

https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/930977942305251329