PDA

View Full Version : Survival 3 (Please move to structured)



Pages : [1] 2

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-25, 02:58 PM
Well, because I promised it would be up today:

Survival 3: Thief of Time*

Players:
PlasticSoldier
Neodan282
Raiser_B1ade
Altharis
Xykon_Fan
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
detrevnisisiht
Haruki-kun
Therarde
Artemis97
dallas-dakota
Rare Pink Leech
thanatos5150
Yo_Landa
Asarth
pingcode20
North


Imagine a plane, a huge, metal thing, military looking, but quite rusty and ancient as well. Across the side a big black square had been hastily painted, with on it a name, equally, or if possible more, hastily painted than the square. It says "Haddock Enterprise".
Now imagine a plain, an icy, barren plain, not a single thing in sight but razorsharp peaks of ice, sticking out of the landscape like needles from a pincushion.
The plane is soaring above this plain. Inside, it's occupants are just waking up. Only one man already seemed to be awake. He is quite slim and is wearing a business suit. The kind of business suit that isn't just good quality, the kind that's made to make sure everyone sees it's good quality. The only thing slightly bad looking about the suit is the small grey logo printed on it. It says "Haddock Enterprise". The man smiles as you, the occupants of the plane, wake up, showing a row of whiter than white teeth. Not pretty teeth. Just white teeth.
"Welcome" the man speaks, "to the coldest place on the planet". As no-one seems to respond, except with slightly muffled groans and muttering along the lines of "Who the hell is this guy?", he continues: "You are all agents of Haddock Enterprise. We are a company that monitors time, or, at least, breaches in it. You might wonder exactly what you are doing here, how you got here, or who you are for that matter, but such is completely normal. It is standard procedure to wipe out our agents minds almost completely before they start working on a new assignement, to prevent any more time disruptions. See, transferring knowledge from future to past, or even from past to future, is a very dangerous thing, it is this we are trying to prevent, and thus it would be foolish to even give our own agents the chance to do this. Now don't worry, your memories will be transferred back to you when and if you come back from the assignement, but we will be forced to remove the ones from your mission. This is how it works". He pauzes briefly, looking around at everyone if they got the message, longer at some than others. It seems he's given this speech to you before, or is very good at pretending he did, at least.
"Very well, on to business. We have detected a serious disturbance in the very fabric of time somewhere in this area. We haven't been able to pinpoint it exactly, but you should be able to do so by yourselves. Some-one has been exploiting a breach in time and space here on a regular basis. The reason we hadn't noticed this before is that one of our agents had misplaced the form. Poor Larry, we shall remember him always...Or, well, I will, you are lucky enough not to remember the end of his carreer. I don't have much information to give you, just that you have to find the thief of time, and stop him. I can't give you much resources either, because we can't risk letting any of our technology fall into the hands of the natives, that is, if there are any. The only things I am allowed to give you, simply because you can't make it without them, are the one-piece suits you're wearing now, which are bright pink so you'll be able to find any one of you that gets separated from the group, three days rations, in the form of astronaut pills, they are in your pockets, one of these single charge firedarts, if the mission is over, you need to fire three of them to alert us, and these parachutes. You might wonder why you need a parachute, well, the reason is simple".
The man pauzes, and then briefly presses a button on the wall. The floor of the plane opens, except for the bit where he was standing, and you all fall down. Luckily, you all manage to open your parachutes in time. You are now all hanging above what seems a neverending landscape of ice. It's a pretty sight, but it's not a place you'd want to spend your holidays at.

(Support (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2452223#post2452223))

(Out Of Character (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41584))

*Which has nothing to do, plotwise, with any Terry Pratchett books. Seriously.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-25, 04:59 PM
Plastic Soldier , Pure Win, recent amnesia victim and supposed enforcer of the space time is parachuting and trying to grasp his surroundings is checking his astronaut food for anything tasty, when a thought strikes him "If we're supposed to enforce the space time wouldn't it be easier to go back in time to where someone tries to damage it?" but dismisses the thought and prepares to land, as my feet touch the ground I crouch down and roll across the ice sending a chill up my spine, after stretching my legs for a few seconds I packs my parachute back into it's bag and while introducing myself to my newfound comrades I check the ground to see how hard it is and if I can try to excavate some snow and build a pile to block the wind with.



@V: Wish i thought of that.

Artemis97
2007-09-25, 05:01 PM
As the floor of the aircraft opens, sending her hurtiling through the icy air, Artemis does the only logical thing she can think of: scream.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-25, 05:08 PM
Thanatos lets out a heavy sigh as he descends toward the frozen Earth - or whatever the name of this planet was.
"Okay, first of all: Pink? Bright Pink? Where are my purple polka dots, huh? Secondly:"

He tilted his head back up towards the still flying plane:
"Did you just drop me out of a friggin' AIRPLANE?" he screamed vainly into the frost-choked atmosphere as he finally floated down to the ground, landing with a heavy whumph and reflexively bending his knees up impact.
Shortly thereafter, he let loose a stream of blue tinted words as he worked his way out of his parachute, which was currently falling on top of him.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-25, 05:11 PM
"If ye be havin' a problem with bright pink, ye can lay in the snow if'n you prefer blue."


OOC: I'm trying to make up for missing talk like a pirate day.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-25, 05:21 PM
"So, that one the snow melts, I'll be wearing slightly darker and heavier pink, as well as being colder then the rest of you? I don't think so!" Thanatos cut back at his fellow employee as he wrestled his way out of the parachute - packing it in an extremely neat, almost automatic fashion as he did so.
Without further adieu, and hopefully devoid of comments from the Plastic Soldier gallery, he began to inspect the one item which he didn't understand immediately in the briefing: the firedart.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-25, 05:35 PM
You've landen on the barren, icy plain now. There is not much in sight, except a bunch of peaks sticking out of the ice. You can see the plane becoming a dot in the distance above you, and you're all getting rather cold. There seems to be a rather large peek in more or less the direction you came from (I'm talking mountainsize) and a medium one left of that one.

Thanatos: The firedarts are basically tubes which have fireworks in them. They can shoot a charge high up in the air, so as to notify nearby people where you are. Firing three of them alerts Haddock Enterprise that your mission is done, but you still have a long way a head of you. (Oh, and yes, this means that three of you wil have to work together in the end because you each only have one firedart. Or you could simply loot the darts from the other player's corpses, off course).

Soldier: I'm afraid there's barely any snow. This place is almost all ice. There's only an inch thick layer of snow on top of it.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-25, 05:40 PM
"If you're not having any luck with the snow, I couldn't help but see a nice big couple of mountains - and with mountains come caves, and caves make for excellent hidey-holes against the cold"

<EDIT'D in light of Snow:Ice ratio>

Haruki-kun
2007-09-25, 05:45 PM
Please have patience if I screw up. I'm still figuring out this kind of game.

Haruki-kun lands on the frozen Earth a few paces away from Plasic Soldier and Thanatos. Grabbing the ropes, he unhooks the parachute and rolls it up, then walks a little around the area, without straying too much from the group.

Perhap the best thing now would be to build a shelter. Maybe we can build an Igloo if we cooperate. And we can use the parachutes as tents or even blankets if the need arises.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-25, 05:46 PM
"Well if we did that we could be stuck a thousand feet from our coworkers without any way of signalling for help." Thinking about this problem for a second he gets an idea "How bout we pile the snow into a giant arrow pointing towards the mountain and simply make snowpiles every 10 feet?"


OOc: I have to go to dinner be back in an hour.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-25, 05:51 PM
"The high albedo of our stupid little suits, as well as their stark contrast with the surrounding area, would work wonders. As you can tell, the day is pretty clear, and everyone else is dropping fast. a little line of -"
Thanatos shudders mildly for a moment
"- Pink people should be easy to see in these conditions, as our esteemed murderer-slash-boss was kind enough to point out. If it makes you feel any better, I'll help you with the arrow."

<<OOC: Sorry, I took my advancement exam yesterday, my head is still stuffed with science>>

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-25, 06:17 PM
Noticing the newcomer PLastic takes a minute to explain why we can't build anything out of the ice and about our plan to find shelter in the mountains and asks if the newcomer would like to help. Plastic then makes an estimate of how many hours are left in the day by seeing how many thumb lengths the sun is above the horizon.



(OOC: The thumb thing is a tool for making educated guesses about the hour although it becomes less accurate the farther you are from the equator.)



@V: How are you making an arrow?

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-25, 06:25 PM
While Plastic is estimating his time-of-day, Thanatos sets to making an arrow as quickly as possible, as well as checking the sky condition, estimating the wind's velocity (by dropping a pinch of snow powder, of course) and the distance to the mountain in question.

<<If at all possible, I'd like the windspeed in knots.>>

Raiser Blade
2007-09-25, 08:16 PM
As Raiser lands on the icy landscape he will look for anything out of the ordinary.

I will try and use my body heat (preferably hands) to melt a small portion of the ice. If this is succesful i will tryy and drink the water.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-25, 08:19 PM
as Detrevni land he rolls out of his parachute and slowly gos over it taking note of ALL of its parts(what do i see) then looks at the other people around him. Well nice to meet you...wait or is it, I am confused. but now is not the time for that. first we find shelter, he then gathers up his stuff and begins marching towards the mountain and as he walks he looks for 2-4 foot strong looking icicles and picks them up.

pingcode20
2007-09-25, 08:47 PM
HYAAAARH!

Pingcode screams as he suddenly wakes up to a loud rushing noise, having managed to fall asleep during the flight.

After fumbling about and succeeding in opening his parachute, he looks down and notices the bright pink suit.

HYAAAAAAARH!

He lands a little after the rest, having opened his parachute in a panic once he realised he was falling.

"What on earth are we doing here?" asks Pingcode out loud, stuffing the parachute back into the bag.

"For that matter, where the hell are we?"

Haruki-kun
2007-09-25, 08:54 PM
For now, I'm just following. I'll help Plastic.

Artemis97
2007-09-25, 09:29 PM
Artemis lands with the classic hit and roll technique used by parachutists everywehere, after spending a strangely long amount of time in the air. She carefully works on taming her parachute and folding it back into the pack it came out of.

"Dang it's cold out here. So is there anything here but Ice and snow?" Artemis wonders looking around.

Therarde
2007-09-25, 10:46 PM
Therarde falls down slowly, surveying the landscape as he falls. When he lands, he makes his was over to the others. Hey guys.

pingcode20
2007-09-25, 11:13 PM
((Whee, Text adventure mode!

The suit has pockets, does it not? Or is our stuff clipped onto the suit?))

Stranded in the Antarctic
You've landed on the barren, icy plain now. There is not much in sight, except a bunch of peaks sticking out of the ice. You can see the plane becoming a dot in the distance above you, and you're all getting rather cold. There seems to be a rather large peak in more or less the direction you came from and a medium one left of that one.

Plastic Soldier is here. Artemis97 is here. Thanatos is here. Haruki is here. Therarde is here. Detrevni is here. Raiser is here.

>x snow

The ground is mostly ice, and there's only about an inch of actual snow here.

>get snow

You bend over and scoop up a handful of snow about the size of your fist.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-25, 11:40 PM
Hey guys, I was reacting fast and jumped towards the man surprised, but I jumped after you guys so that was why I wasnt directly there, but my thought is that we should head towards those mountains

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-26, 12:40 AM
Plastic: The first thing you notice when looking at the sun it's in a very odd angle. Somehow it just doesn't seem to be in the right position. Oh, and the second thing you notice is that it's green. Bizarre sense of priority you have, I guess :smallbiggrin: There's a slight breeze, but I have no idea how to put that in knots, I'm afraid.

Thanatos: Making the arrow will be very difficult with this little snow, I'm afraid.

Raiser_B1ade: Your hands get increasingly cold, but you manage to melt a small bit of water. You drink what doesn't slip through your fingers, and the water too is icy (who could have guessed?). It's refreshing, but you're getting pretty cold now.

detrevnisisiht: Is it okay if I call you Detre, or Detrevni? Seems easier for me. Anyways, the parachute is a big white piece of cloth, attached to some really thin wire (almost invisible) and the whole can be fitted into a small bright pink pouch on your back. Finding icicles is no problem, detaching them from the ground however is.

Artemis: There indeed doesn't seem to be much around that isn't snow or ice. In fact, most of it is ice.

Pingcode: Good summary there :smallsmile: And yes, the suit has pockets, one of which contains the astronaut pills, and the other contains the firedart (which is too long to fit into the pocket and sticks out).

The mountains seems to be a decent walk away. Say 3 hours?

Raiser Blade
2007-09-26, 02:31 AM
I try and use the heat from my firedart to melt the base of an icicle and wam myself simutaneously.
If that is not possible i just use it to warm myself.

pingcode20
2007-09-26, 02:38 AM
((Thanks. All credit goes to MrEdwardNigma, whose description I ripped the text off :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

EDIT: Alternatively, I could just let Raiser blow his head off with a firework.))

>Put snow in pocket
Which pocket? The left or the right?

>Left
Your left pocket now contains: 3 Astronaut Pills, a handful of snow.

>Make Snowball
With what?
>Snow on Ground
Done.

>Throw Snowball at Raiser's Firedart
You throw the snowball at Raiser, trying to hit the firedart before he sets it off.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-26, 03:26 AM
"Well, its time to head out I guess, I sure hope those somehow still magickally suspended in the atmosphere can see the gaggle of pink moving in a single direction and steer their parachutes over here, doesn't seem too far away."

With that, Thanatos begins the trek to the mountain, eyes peeled for any form of danger (Mostly so he can run away).

<Oh, and I requested the wind and mountain data. I'll just call the wind Light and Variable>

Altharis
2007-09-26, 04:20 AM
((Yes I'm stealing the awesome Pingcode's awesome text adventure idea. Tell me if you want me to stop at any time.))




Stranded in the Antarctic
You are falling out of a plane. You will die is you do not do something.

>Use Parachute
Done.

>Duck and Roll on ground.
Done. You have sustained no injuries.

You've landed on the barren, icy plain now. There is not much in sight, except a bunch of peaks sticking out of the ice. You can see the plane becoming a dot in the distance above you, and you're all getting rather cold. There seems to be a rather large peak in more or less the direction you came from and a medium one left of that one.

Plastic Soldier is here. Artemis97 is here. Thanatos is here. Haruki is here. Therarde is here. Detrevni is here. Raiser is here. Pingcode is here. Dallas-Dakota is here.

>speak "Hey all! Alright, we have limited resources, no knowledge of where we are and no back up... This is going to be a problem. We need to get warm fast."
You say "Hey all! Alright, we have limited resources, no knowledge of where we are and no back up... This is going to be a problem. We need to get warm fast."

>follow others.
which others?

>Artemis, Dallas-Dakota, Pingcode, Thanatos, Haruki, Therarde, Detrevni and Raiser.
Done. You are now following Artemis, Dallas-Dakota, Pingcode, Thanatos, Haruki, Therarde, Detrevni and Raiser.


Note the minor modifications.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-26, 05:35 AM
Detrevni (yes thats what you can call me) finds an icicle 3-5 cms thick that has a reasonable point to it and starts kicking the base of it.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-26, 05:46 AM
I stand at the front of the group 20 feet ahead of everybody and every step feel the ground for hardness and if it doesn't feel solid I stop yell at the others to stop. Also I search the ground for anything not ice/snow or that could make a nice weapon.



OOc: There are a few possibilities for a green star

1. Redshifting/Blueshifting: We're moving relative to the sun and it's light changes, doubtable since its hard to move a star.

2.Weird atmosphere: Atmosphere is reflected the light weirdly, doubtable since a weird atmosphere would smell weird


3. So I'm going with The narrator thought it would be cool.

Artemis97
2007-09-26, 07:12 AM
((A weird atmosphere wouldn't necesarily smell weird. There might be an oderless element of somesort causing the change. just my 2cp.))

Artemis follows the others towards the mountains, hoping to get out of the cold.

((Why couldn't we have been sent to a tropical island like the first group?:smallfrown: ))

pingcode20
2007-09-26, 07:52 AM
>Confuse Altharis
I don't recognise the verb 'Confuse'.

>Double around the group before rejoining them.
I don't recognise the verb 'Double'

>Go around the group.
You walk around the group a few times. They look at you strangely, and you feel somewhat foolish.

>undo
Done.

>Follow
(Artemis, Altharis, Dallas-Dakota, Thanatos, Haruki, Therarde, Detrevni and Raiser)
Done.

>Get Astronaut Pills
(From your left pocket)
Done.

>Put Astronaut Pills in right pocket
Done.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-26, 07:53 AM
As he treks, Thanatos muses aloud about the green sun.
"Stars don't usually come in Green, do they? There must be some sort of element present in this atmosphere that scatters the green wavelengths. As such, we can't expect normal, Terrestrial laws of energy transferrance, convection, or meterology here. The unknown element would invariably throw off all calculations by at least a microscopic amount, making the careful balance on Terra completely irrelevant here. Quite a wrench in the works.

- How do I even KNOW this stuff?"

Haruki-kun
2007-09-26, 09:11 AM
Our Sun is not green. This might not be the Earth at all.

Haruki looks at the snow.
What if one of us scooped up a bunch of snow and wrapped it in the parachute? We could try melting it later to get a drink.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-26, 09:17 AM
Good idea

* I take out my parachute, drag it behind me, and when its full with snow I fold it into an bag and tie a knot into it*

So.......who wants to carry it? Its to big for any of our pockets.

*While walking I hold up the parachute filled with snow for everybody to see*
(just for fun, whats our marching order?)

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-26, 09:33 AM
Thanatos whirled around and began to berate Haruki.
"What part of what I just said did you not understand? I hypothesised that the green-looking sun was because of an element not native to Terra's atmosphere, resulting in a different in a form of scattering which is neither Realigh nor Mei. As the element is not native to the Terrestrial atmosphere, that would imply that the planet or planetoid we are currently standing on is not, in fact, Terra."

as he finished his little rant, he tuned on his toe and returned to the head of the column.

"How DO I know this stuff?"
he mused aloud to himself, again.

Neodan282
2007-09-26, 10:05 AM
I follow everyone else.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-26, 11:25 AM
Raiser_B1ade: I assume you're firing your firedart at one of the bigger icicles? How big exactly?

Pingcode: The snow in your pocket starts to melt, and scraping together enough snow to make a decent snowball takes a while (not really long, but long enough for the first snow to melt in your hands before you actually have the last). As I said, it's a really thin layer of snow.

Detrevni: You manage to shatter the bottom part of the short icicle (it's about 50 cm high, I don't know how much that is in inches).

Artemis: Well, at least you didn't get sent to outer space, eh?

Dallas Dakota: Most of the snow just seems to slip under the parachute or fall out, besides, there's not very much snow at all anyways. Gathering a lot of snow can take a very long time.

Oh, and the marching order seems to be, first to last: PlasticSoldier, Detrevni, Haruki-Kun, Thanatos, Artemis, pingcode and at the end of the row, Neodan.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-26, 11:53 AM
The biggest one there is. If i am succesfull i will take my icicle with me following the group.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-26, 12:30 PM
I move towards the head of the column, preferably as pointman (but still behind our fearless scout, Plastic Soldier).

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-26, 01:54 PM
I jog about 30 feet ahead of where i was compared to the group unless i feel/see something weird and once i get there i stop for a minute to pull out my firedart remove the bullet thing and try to see if they say anything(I mean anything), then I put the dart back in the gun and go back to scouting.


Once I'm back to how i was i make a guess at how much time has passed walking to the mountain and check how much bigger it was then when we started.




Is the gun strong enough to pistol whip with?

Neodan282
2007-09-26, 03:16 PM
((Edit: Ok, I won't be one.))

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-26, 03:26 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41584

I doubt ed will allow a kobold without a really good explanation.

Xykon_Fan
2007-09-26, 03:52 PM
XF drops from the sky and starts off in the direction of the medium-sized peak.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-26, 03:58 PM
detrevni places the icicle at the back of his pack (farthest away from my wonderful body heat but still where i can grab it quickly) then falls to the back of the group and watches the rear of our little caravan, vigalent for anything out of the ordinary.

Therarde
2007-09-26, 04:28 PM
Therarde runs after the rest of the group, then tries to make a snowball.

Artemis97
2007-09-26, 04:39 PM
As she walks Artemis picks up some snow off the ground and tries eating it, maybe this was a good way to get water. Like a snowcone, too bad there's no cherry flavoring.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-26, 04:42 PM
Turning around just in time to see Artemis eat some snow I says "What's worse than eating snow?" Then he pauses before saying - "Hypothermia"

Haruki-kun
2007-09-26, 05:55 PM
Come to think of it, should we even drink this snow? Is it safe for us? I might be going crazy, but the atmosphere's friggin' green!

Haruki-kun is not sure whether he's talking to the other members of the team or simply to himself.

*Looks at the sun, trying to figure out what time of day it is, if possible.*

If this is the pole of some unknown planet, then it won't be night for another few months, considering Rotational............. stuff. That means if it turns into night this might not be the pole, but some other part of another planet. This kind of information might be useful, and it seems like all I can do to help the group.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-26, 06:02 PM
Also if we know the sun's course we might be able to find our latitude with that.

Artemis97
2007-09-26, 10:06 PM
"Hmm...and when we get to the mountains and find shelter, do you want to die of dehydration? Those astronaut pills won't work properly without water." Artemis replies to Plastic Soldier.

Altharis
2007-09-27, 02:01 AM
((Sure, forget me Ed...that's fine. I'll just take my revenge by having my survival char acquire a rod of wonder, the ultimate in game wrecking items.))

GM Ignoring
You have been placed in a state of limbo. There is a door back to the outside world. On it is written "Alert GM to return to world".

>Open door
The door is now open.

>Go through door
You return to the outside world.

The outside world
An icy plain. PlasticSoldier, Detrevni, Haruki-Kun, Thanatos, Artemis, pingcode and Neodan are here.

>Follow Thanatos
Done.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-27, 05:42 AM
Replying to Artemis " How do you know it needs water? If it needed water it wouldn't be astronaut pills it would be Instant food, and besides the mountain is made of the same stuff as the rest of the plain so if we get there we can just look for water normally. "


Then after waiting for a few minutes I say "So anyone have any plans for our cave house? My plan is first we pile our parachutes at the entrance to prevent unwanted guests and because it would be easy to find for the rest of our group, then me and a few brave souls attempt to confirm that A. We're alone in the cave & B. It is an actual cave not a tunnel. After all of our group gets in the cave we search for some arctic camouflage for our base and then begin to map out and explore nearby caves for anything useful. Anyone have a suggestion?"

Haruki-kun
2007-09-27, 06:29 PM
Replying to Artemis " How do you know it needs water? If it needed water it wouldn't be astronaut pills it would be Instant food, and besides the mountain is made of the same stuff as the rest of the plain so if we get there we can just look for water normally. "


Then after waiting for a few minutes I say "So anyone have any plans for our cave house? My plan is first we pile our parachutes at the entrance to prevent unwanted guests and because it would be easy to find for the rest of our group, then me and a few brave souls attempt to confirm that A. We're alone in the cave & B. It is an actual cave not a tunnel. After all of our group gets in the cave we search for some arctic camouflage for our base and then begin to map out and explore nearby caves for anything useful. Anyone have a suggestion?"

I agree, except for one thing. I don't think we should split up. I think we should all go exploring together. Because if we are not alone in the cave, it would be better to confront the danger (if it's danger) together, rather than getting half the group killed, then having the rest of the group killed later. And if the cave IS a tunnel, we should all go through it, not just half the group.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-27, 06:39 PM
"Well since my plan was built to be cautious because if we send everyone it would be riskier because A.Someone could sneak in and have us cornered B. A larger group would be much worse at stealth(which we need since we have no weapons besides a few puny flares) C.If it can kill half a group it could kill more. Also if we found a tunnel or something noteworthy this would be very important and would need maybe 10 mins of discussion to come to a decision and a wet dark cave is not a good place for those kinds of talks.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-27, 07:38 PM
Well, I insist on staying a bit on the safe side, even if it does have its own risk. But I'll follow whatever the group decides. I'm OK with that.

What does everyone else think?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-27, 07:52 PM
PlasticSoldier: Hehe, don't worry, I'm just fine, I'm not always online, you know. Oh, and the bullet for the dart isa quite thin, long cylinder, which seems to be made from cardboard, but doesn't say anything. The "gun" is really just a tube with a button on it, and the material seems rather flexible, but it might be strong enough to hit someone with. The group has almost arrived at the mountain, so it's pretty much towering over you. You've passed a bout three hours by now, and are quite far from the rest of the group. The group going to this mountain is very spread out though, and you can even make out the vague pink shapes on the horizon of the others.

Raiser_B1ade: You blast the dart at it. Red fire bashes into it at the bottom, making it melt slightly, but most of the fire bounces off and spreads around, some of it even hits your suit, without doing any damage.

Haruki-Kun: It's pretty bright out, but the sun doesn't seem to have moved since you first arrived, about three hours ago.

Therarde: You manage to make a small, moist ball, but it melts almost instantly.

New marching order: PlasticSoldier, Thanatos, Altharis, Artemis, pingcode, Neodan, Therarde and finally Detrevni

Marching order for the medium mountain: XF

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-27, 07:59 PM
Well in that case I look for caves, and go to whatever one is easiest to get to and once there I bury my parachute under some snow, stretch and look for liquid water, game/small animals, and plants within 100 feet of the cave(s). After that I break off a 1/2' icicle with my foot & point it at the sun, I then try to dig by the cave entrance and see how deep the ice is because I have never heard of a solid ice mountain, after digging until m spelunking team shows up i point another icicle at the sun and rest.


Why is XF going to the medium mountain?

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-27, 08:02 PM
we could use icicles as spears they melt fast but if you pack them far away from your body heat they shouldn't melt. also i will help explore the tunnel and the surrounding area when the time comes

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-27, 08:02 PM
I, too, gain a sudden desire to go spelunking. :smalltongue:

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-27, 08:13 PM
Allrighty, a description of the mountain for everyone:

As the line of pink dots makes its way across the frosty landscape, the mountain towers above them. It is, in essence, much like the big icicles that stick out of the ice here and there, only, well, even bigger. The thing goes straight up and there is no transition between the ground and the mountain. It just suddenly rises out of the earth in an angle very near 90 degrees, with smooth as silk sides that slowly twist in places, and here and there the walls of the huge icicle form corners, lines that spiral up to the top, many meters above. There seem to be no caves, or tunnels for that matter. The only thing there is is a sign. It says "Reaching the top: 2 points"

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-27, 08:21 PM
I steal the sign then I investigate these lines that spiral up to the top to see if they are paths or edges or something similar and if not I see if any of these corners are below 15 feet.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-27, 08:39 PM
look guys we are a team, lets gather up and work on this together. we could use the rope from our parachutes and make hooks out of ice to climb with or something detrevni then stops to hear the others ideas

Altharis
2007-09-27, 08:47 PM
Looking at the mountain

Allrighty, a description of the mountain for everyone:

As the line of pink dots makes its way across the frosty landscape, the mountain towers above them. It is, in essence, much like the big icicles that stick out of the ice here and there, only, well, even bigger. The thing goes straight up and there is no transition between the ground and the mountain. It just suddenly rises out of the earth in an angle very near 90 degrees, with smooth as silk sides that slowly twist in places, and here and there the walls of the huge icicle form corners, lines that spiral up to the top, many meters above. There seem to be no caves, or tunnels for that matter. The only thing there is is a sign. It says "Reaching the top: 2 points"

>Say "I don't know what 2 points means, but it's obviously some sort of goal we must reach. But the climb looks very hard. I suggest we make rope out of our parachutes, knot it all together and climb as a team. Hell, we could even use an icicle as a grapnel!"
Done.

>Say "Aargh! Simu'd with the same idea! But yes, I support detrevni's idea. We could braid the thinner ropes together to make a solid rope."
Done.

pingcode20
2007-09-27, 08:48 PM
The Mountain
After a long march, you finally reach the mountain. As you approach, you see a small figure sto

When you finally catch up (an easy task, given it was only 30 feet) you see PlasticSoldier trying to conceal a sign in his skintight pink suit. On the sign you can see the words '...e Top: 2 points' - his efforts to conceal this failing quite spectacularly, given that there was nowhere to conceal the sign.

The snow in your pocket is melting.

>Plastic Soldier, Idiot.
"Idiot." you sigh, as Plastic Soldier continues trying to hide the sign.

>Go around mountain
You begin walking around the mountain, examining the ice mountain from all sides.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-27, 08:51 PM
I wasn't trying to conceal the sign i was trying to attach it to the parachute bag. And I think we should send someone up to tie the parachutes to an outcropping and then climb up a rope made of parachutes
But this is not going to be a safe climb so we should scout this out alot.

pingcode20
2007-09-27, 09:01 PM
I steal the sign then I investigate these lines that spiral up to the top to see if they are paths or edges or something similar and if not I see if any of these corners are below 15 feet.

((All you said was 'I steal the sign'. Obviously, if you were stealing it, then you were trying to conceal it, were you not?))

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-27, 09:04 PM
Well, what I meant was I sneakily take the sign and store it.

pingcode20
2007-09-27, 09:10 PM
((That being said, wouldn't it involve actually detaching the sign from whatever it's attached to first? I mean, if it's on a pole, there's no way you're going to be sneakily hiding it, and if it's bolted to the mountain, you're not going to be peeling it off with your hands any time soon.))

Altharis
2007-09-27, 09:37 PM
Dissent in the group
On the cold plains. Fighting has started over a sign. PlasticSoldier, Thanatos, Altharis, Artemis, pingcode, Neodan, Therarde and finally Detrevni are all here.

>Say "Okay! Before we give the sign to anyone, we need to see if it is breakable, if it is it would make a good grapnel. I suggest we do te climb in two teams of four, so as to minimise losses and maximise fighting power per group in case we are attacked. Each group makes the climb from a different side of the mountain. One group uses detrevni's icicle as a grapnel, the other uses either the sign, or another icicle. Groups are responsible for pooling their resources, cutting their parachutes on icicles/ripping their parachutes into strips, binding them to make solid ropes, and organising climb roles. Climb roles are: Scout (Throws grapnel, climbs up first until secure, stops and helps pull others up.), Climber (climbs up aided by Scout until secure, aids others.), Secondary Climber (climbs up aided by Scout and Climber until secure, aids others.) and Fallback (Climbs up last aided by all, stops when secure and icilce is nearby, attaches end of rope to icicle so as to help poeple if they fall.) Any ideas as to which groups you all want to be in?"
Done.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-27, 09:59 PM
"Or -" Thanatos cuts in. "We could use the fiendishly complicated plan to gouge out pieces of ice for impromptu footholds until one of us reaches those lines and determines whether or not they are ledges, upon which, we climb if they are ledges and consider more complicated ideas if they are not."

Thanatos seems impatient, and has a look of "You're all over-thinking the situation and acting amateurish" plainly written on his face.

Therarde
2007-09-27, 10:00 PM
Wait, what would attack us? And what would we fight with? I don't think we have any weapons. With that, he goes off to try and find the largest, pointiest icicle he can find.

pingcode20
2007-09-27, 10:00 PM
Still walking around the mountain
You are still walking around the mountain, examining it from all angles. You think you hear an argument going on back where the others are, but you are too far to make out the words clearly.

Altharis
2007-09-27, 10:28 PM
Arguing with Thanatos
You are on one side of the mountain, arguing with Thanatos. The mountain is steep and icy.

>Say "Hey! Let's not get too heated here! I had an idea ,a really damn good one at that, and wanted to share it with the group! Jeez... Some people... Anyway, I do like your idea, but what shall we create footholds with? Having you ever tried to cut into ice before? It's near impossible, expecially with what we have! And if only one person goes up, the chances of injury/attack/falling and dying are a lot greater, whereas if four people go up (with ropes) there is safety and stability in numbers. Plus, going to inspect the ledges is my aforementioned Scout's job! So your plan can easily fit into mine, see? No need to get angry and condescending...."
Done.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-27, 10:32 PM
Thanatos simply points to the sign, and says "The exercise will keep us warm"

((Why, yes, the character is a jerk. I'm also doing it on purpose.))

Artemis97
2007-09-27, 10:52 PM
Artemis watches Pingcode walk around the mountain in one direction and decides to explore the opposite side. She really doesn't see how the sign or an icicle could be used as a grappling hook, not to mention could any off them throw the thing far enough to reach the top? No they needed some sort of tool to make handholds or something.

Altharis
2007-09-27, 10:53 PM
Arguing with Thanatos
You are on one side of the mountain, arguing with Thanatos. The mountain is steep and icy.

>Say "Warm...and Dead!"
You say "Warm...and Dead!"

((Sooo tempted to first blood Thanatos's char for being a jerk...-9 points is worth it for that guy out of the way. (((No offence meant Thanatos.))) ))

Haruki-kun
2007-09-27, 10:54 PM
Harui-kun is deep in thought.

If the mountain is pure ice...... he says to himself, reaching the top will be even harder than we expected. Creating footholds.......... using the parachutes......... yeah those ideas sound well, and I support them, but are we really ready to risk so much on them?

Well, at least we know this is a pole, as the sun has not moved. Not that it'll help us climb the huge icicle. The parachute hooks...... against ice? sounds too hard for a diamond hard icicle.............. I wonder what........... he goes on thinking out loud for a few minutes.

((Yeah, my character thinks aloud. A lot. I just decided to play with it. :smalltongue: )

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-27, 10:56 PM
"I'm missing the dead part."

((None taken))

Altharis
2007-09-27, 11:07 PM
Arguing with Thanatos
You are on one side of the mountain, arguing with Thanatos. The mountain is steep and icy.

> Say "Oh, you know: Something to the tune of climbclimbclimbslipfallbreak spine...or something of the sort."

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-27, 11:15 PM
"The obvious solution is not to fall - I'll make the climb, myself, if you insist"

Altharis
2007-09-27, 11:23 PM
Arguing with Thanatos
You are on one side of the mountain, arguing with Thanatos. The mountain is steep and icy.

>Say "Alright, fine! Make a dangerous, steep, slick climb all by yourself. But if you die, don't expect me to do anything but clap and cheer. In fact, let's make this a bet: The person whose idea works best, gets a single use of veto power to crush any one idea from the other guy. Deal?"
Done.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-27, 11:31 PM
"No deal, besides the fact that all you'd get is too cheer over my corpse, veto'ing an idea outright is not exactly an intelligent move"

Altharis
2007-09-27, 11:42 PM
Arguing with Thanatos
You are on one side of the mountain, arguing with Thanatos. The mountain is steep and icy.

>Say "Yeah, good point. Alright! I'm ready to watch you die whenever you are ready to begin falling and breaking your neck."
You say "Yeah, good point. Alright! I'm ready to watch you die whenever you are ready to begin falling and breaking your neck."

pingcode20
2007-09-27, 11:46 PM
Walking around the mountain
You are walking around the mountain, examining it from all angles. You can definitely hear an argument going on back where the others are, and it seems to be getting more heated by the second.

The snow in your pocket continues to melt.

>Mountain, Hello
You look up at the mountain and say a cheery "Hello!".

The mountain doesn't respond. Jerk.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-28, 01:28 AM
I try and use my body heat to further melt the base of the icicle and then try to detatch it.

If i succeed then i try to catch up with the others at the base of the mountain.

I will also do whatever is necessary to keep my icicle/spear from melting further.

pingcode20
2007-09-28, 01:58 AM
Deck Nine
This is a featureless corridor similar to every other corridor on the ship. It curves away to starboard, and a gangway leads up. To port is the entrance to one of the ship's primary escape pods. The pod bulkhead is closed.

>Scrub Deck
The floor is a bit shinier now.

>inventory
You are carrying:
A Patrol-issue self-contained multi-purpose scrub brush
A Patrol uniform (being worn)
The Patrol uniform contains:
An ID card
A Chronometer (being worn)

>look
Deck Nine
This is a featureless corridor similar to every other corridor on the ship. It curves away to starboard, and a gangway leads up. To port is the entrance to one of the ship's primary escape pods. The pod bulkhead is closed.
The alien ambassador from the planet Struc'trd-gaemz ambles toward you from down the corridor. He is munching on something resembling an enormous stalk of celery, and he leaves a trail of green slime on the deck. He stops nearby, and you wince as a pool of slime begins forming beneath him on your newly-polished deck. The ambassador wheezes loudly and hands you a brochure outlining his planet's major exports.

>ambassador, hello
The ambassador taps his translator, then touches his center knee to his left ear (the Struc'trd-gaeman equivalent of shrugging).

>read brochure
"The leading export of Struc'trd-gaemz is the adventure game

*** SURVIVAL 2: NO-ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM IN SPACE ***

narrated by MrEdwardNigma.
Buy one today. Better yet, buy a thousand."
The ambassador remarks that all forumites look alike to him.

>hit ambassador
The ambassador is startled, and emits an amazing quantity of slime which spreads across the section of deck you just polished.
The ambassador asks if you are performing some sort of religious ceremony.

>yes
You sound rather positive.
The ambassador grunts a polite farewell, and disappears up the gangway, leaving a trail of dripping slime.

>clean slime
Whew. You've cleaned up maybe one ten-thousandth of the slime. If you hurry, it might be all cleaned up before Ensign Blather gets here.

>wait
Time passes...
A massive explosion rocks the ship. Echoes from the explosion resound deafeningly down the halls. The door to port slides open.

>west
Escape Pod
This is one of the SMBG forum's primary escape pods, for use in extreme emergencies. A mass of safety webbing, large enough to hold several dozen people, fills half the pod. The controls are entirely automated. The bulkhead leading out is open.
The ship shakes again. You hear, from close by, the sounds of emergency bulkheads closing.

>wait
Time passes...
The pod door clangs shut as heavy explosions continue to buffet the SMBG forums.

>wait
Time passes...
You feel the pod begin to slide down its ejection tube as explosions shake the mother ship.

>wait
Time passes...
Through the viewport of the pod you see the SMBG forums dwindle as you head away. Bursts of light dot its hull. Suddenly, a huge explosion blows the SMBG forums into tiny pieces, sending the escape pod tumbling away!
You are thrown against the bulkhead, and everything goes white.

Walking around the mountain
You snap back to reality with a jolt. You must have been daydreaming again.

You are walking around the mountain, examining it from all angles. The argument is still continuing, apparently.

((EDIT: Say, I don't see my pocketful of swiftly melting snow anywhere on the inventory sheet))

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-28, 04:28 AM
PlasticSoldier: The sign is mounted on a thick wooden pole, which is stuck deep within the ice, with a single nail. How exactly will you steal the sign?

pingcode: The snow is long gone by now, melted ages ago (almost instantly when tucking it away, in fact).

Therarde: The largest, pointiest icicle here would be the big mountain. The second largest is quite near and is about four meters tall. From there on, there's about all sizes of icicles.

Artemis: Good point. I'm not quite seeing how the "grapnel hooks" will be used either.

Raiser_B1ade: Your body heat pretty much has no effect on the foot of the huge icicle. You do get colder and colder as you try to melt it.

The lines on the mountain are corner, like the corners walls form when they join in one point. These lines twist around the mountain, starting at the very foot, and ending (or so it appears) at the top. They are, however, never in a horizontal position, and are thusly not ledges.

pingcode20
2007-09-28, 04:46 AM
((So does that mean I've got a left pocket full of water then? Is there anything of interest walking around the 'mountain'?))

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-28, 04:48 AM
pingcode: Yes. And no. In that order.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-28, 05:43 AM
OK i attempt to remove the sign by pulling it up but if this doesn't appear to make any progress i try to kick it with the back of my foot if that doesn't work i try to pull the nail out of the sign, I then search the mountain for handholds and i stick the small end of the sign in the handhold beat it in a little bit stand on the part that says stuff and search higher.

pingcode20
2007-09-28, 07:00 AM
At the base of the mountain
Having walked around the mountain, you are back here with the rest of the group. You see Plastic Soldier trying to break off the sign and/or trying to find handholds to push the sign into in the great big spire of ice.

The lines twist upwards and seem to bend at parts, but the ice is slippery and it would likely be ill-advised to try climbing up them, let alone trying to stand on signs jammed into slippery ice.

>x Lines
You look closer at the lines, and try to get a feel for how deep they are, and how slippery they actually are.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-28, 07:46 AM
(sorry for my inactivity, I was gone to school and then to an birthday which lasted veeery long)

Hey guys, Im back

I say returning from my scouting, which I was carefully examing the ground in the area now that snow has melted(Ed, did I find anything?).

Having any luck with getting some holds?
Maybe we should all pull on the sign?

*stands by the sign holding it, prepared to pull at it if the team agrees*

Raiser Blade
2007-09-28, 10:12 AM
I lick the icicle. Just kidding

I try taking of one shoe being very careful not to step in the snow with that foot.

I rub the base of the shoe along the base of the icicle hoping that the friction will melt te rest of the base off.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-28, 01:45 PM
Genius!!! I exclaim with all of my voice I have an idea for climbing it how bout we
1. We tie all but one of the parachutes together with one end around my waist and one end around the sign or something that can hold our weight
2. Using the one that isn't tied together we stretch out like a net incase people fall
3. I climb to a ledge or something a few hundred feet up and attach our attacher.
4. I absail down to test the weight and check its sturdiness.
5. I take over for a net person who climbs up
6. One at a time everyone but me climbs up.
7. I fold up the safety net parachute wear it as a backpack and climb up.
8. Find another place suitable for this.
9. Repeat till we get to the top.
After yelling my plan aloud i look up the mountain for anyplace that could fit a 10 by 10 net and any ways to get to these places.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-28, 04:15 PM
I lick the icicle. Just kidding

I try taking of one shoe being very careful not to step in the snow with that foot.

I rub the base of the shoe along the base of the icicle hoping that the friction will melt te rest of the base off.
you could do this * kicks icicle until it breaks*

pingcode20
2007-09-29, 02:21 AM
((You people are aware, of course, that since this place is probably well below 0 in temperature, you may as well be trying to break off a stalagmite. Maybe opt for one of the smaller ones? Also, you've made absolutely no progress, Raiser...

The mountain is also a gigantic stalagmite. It's slippery, and probably about as easy to break by hand as a real mountain.))

At the base of the mountain
You are standing at the base of a large mountainlike icicle, with strange lines going up it and forming corners every now and again.

Raiser and Detrevni are here, trying to break off an enormous icicle in humourous fashion - Raiser appears to be rubbing the base with a shoe (for whatever reason), and Detrevni is kicking it, trying to break it off.

Plastic Soldier and Dallas-Dakota are also here, trying to pull out the sign. Plastic Soldier is trying to break the thick wooden pole, while Dallas is helping pull.

>x Icicles
Around you are scores of icicles, of various sizes. Raiser and Detrevni are trying to break off the largest one (the mountain, perhaps?)

>Break icicle
There are all kinds of icicles around you, you're going to have to be more specific.

>Break icicle roughly 1 inch in diameter.
I don't understand the phrase.

>Break thin icicle.
I don't understand the phrase

>Break thin icicle
I don't understand the phrase.

>Break small icicle
I'm not sure what you want to do with the small icicle.

>Kick computer
Violence is not the answer.

>Yes it is.
You're sounding rather positive.

>Die
Are you sure? (Y or N)

>No
You're sounding rather negative.

>Fine, we'll do it your way.
I don't understand the phrase.

>Get small icicle
You find an icicle with a base diameter of about two thumb widths and try to break it off.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-29, 09:06 AM
* I look for fractures and weaknesses in the wood, and look for the kind of wood it is made out of, after that, I will try to use them, if that doesnt work I just go back to pulling again*

Haruki-kun
2007-09-29, 12:10 PM
>Get small icicle
You find an icicle with a base diameter of about two thumb widths and try to break it off.

Not to mess up what you guys are doing, but just what are you planning on doing with the icicle? If you're thinking of using it to climb the mountain, I doubt it'll work.

Raiser, I think you might be getting somewhere with the friction thing, but I don't think using your shoe will work, unless they were high heels or something.

Plastic............. your plan sounds good but......... could you write "Plastic's Plan for Dummies"? I don't think I understood very well.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-29, 12:40 PM
Better Yet I'll draw pictures of it.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/whiteT_bucket/perfectplan.jpg

In the last panel it should say somewhere we can do it at again

Raiser Blade
2007-09-29, 01:55 PM
I figure our shoes have to have some sort of gripping texture on them or else it would be really hard to walk on the ice.


*keeps rubbing*

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-29, 02:28 PM
Ahhh now its clear, it would be an great plan but :

1 That sign is in our reach meaning, that we cant go tie an rope to it and climb onto the top.

2 if it was at the top, how would you want to make an tie around the sign?

3 It was said that the mountain was in the shape of an icicle so I doubt very much we can all stand on top of it without an secure hold of it, meaning we need something which we can hold onto and I cant see that........

Sorry, but these facts are the facts.....in my head......

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-29, 02:34 PM
1 That sign is in our reach meaning, that we cant go tie an rope to it and climb onto the top. We would beat it far enough into the ground to be secure


2 if it was at the top, how would you want to make an tie around the sign?
we have someone climb up and attach the sign

3 It was said that the mountain was in the shape of an icicle so I doubt very much we can all stand on top of it without an secure hold of it, meaning we need something which we can hold onto and I cant see that Well we could lean down and armycrawl around into we found an area big enough for the net which I assume is big enough for us to be able to slip and not die.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-29, 03:37 PM
It makes sense........ Alright, I think I got it. I'm all for this plan.

Xykon_Fan
2007-09-29, 03:44 PM
XF continues to walk, feeling slightly neglected by the narrator.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-29, 06:18 PM
Ehm....since when did you join?

pingcode20
2007-09-29, 06:20 PM
((@Haruki - I was simply showing that trying to rub off a GIANT ICICLE is generally not helpful, and it is far more practical to simply break off a normal icicle instead, which would actually be possible.

@D-D: He replaced Banjo after banjo pulled out.))

At the Base of the Mountain
Having walked around the mountain, you are back here with the rest of the group. PlasticSoldier explains his plan.

>point out problems with plan.
I don't understand the phrase.

>PlasticSoldier, Problems
"Plastic Soldier, I think there are a few things you're missing here." you begin, as you start to point out fairly serious errors in the plan.

"First, how would you get the sign to the ledge? Is there even a wide enough ledge to pull this off?" you say, pointing out an already critical flaw in the plan.

"Second, how are you going to drive the sign into the ground? Down here is already ice, what makes you think the ice up there will be any softer than the ice down here?"

"Third, How would someone climb to the top? It's damn slippery already, and body heat is not going to help."

"Fourth, how would you create a rope from the parachute lines? The lines are designed to support human weight, and without a knife you're not going to cut it anytime soon. Unless you'd like to start chewing, of course. They also happen to have a lot of cord, so you can dismantle your own - the rest of ours are not needed for this insane endeavour."

"Fifth, since when were the lines wide enough to stand on?"

"Sixth, if the sign is driven in deep enough to be able to support human weight, how will you get it out again?"

"Seventh, how are you intending to get the thick wooden sign out in the first place?"

"Eigth, how are you going to avoid sliding, falling and dying on the slippery ice?"

"Ninth, if you have to army crawl, how the hell are you going to throw the sign up into the lines?"

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-29, 07:13 PM
Ugh i hate explaining my ideas




"First, how would you get the sign to the ledge? Is there even a wide enough ledge to pull this off?" you say, pointing out an already critical flaw in the plan. All of your plans require getting people up the mountain I could just steal their idea but either way I could mountainclimb up if that's the only idea


"Second, how are you going to drive the sign into the ground? Down here is already ice, what makes you think the ice up there will be any softer than the ice down here?" Wood is atleast equal to if not harder than ice, and i could use my forearm bone as a improvised hammer


"Third, How would someone climb to the top? It's damn slippery already, and body heat is not going to help."
See number 1


"Fourth, how would you create a rope from the parachute lines? The lines are designed to support human weight, and without a knife you're not going to cut it anytime soon. Unless you'd like to start chewing, of course. They also happen to have a lot of cord, so you can dismantle your own - the rest of ours are not needed for this insane endeavour." You just tie a knot between two rolled up parachutes... its blindingly obvious.


"Fifth, since when were the lines wide enough to stand on?"
In the drawing people are standing on the mountain I just drew poorly.

"Sixth, if the sign is driven in deep enough to be able to support human weight, how will you get it out again?" Imagine a nail that you beat almost in , now imagining pulling it sideways... you couldn't get it out, now imagining pulling it up... it would be much much easier.


"Seventh, how are you intending to get the thick wooden sign out in the first place?" I'll know how when Ed responds.



"Eigth, how are you going to avoid sliding, falling and dying on the slippery ice?" Caution/ARmy crawl



"Ninth, if you have to army crawl, how the hell are you going to throw the sign up into the lines?" What are lines?

pingcode20
2007-09-29, 07:23 PM
Ugh i hate explaining my ideas

All of your plans require getting people up the mountain I could just steal their idea but either way I could mountainclimb up if that's the only idea

I haven't made any plans, because there isn't enough information to find one that will actually work. But please, do go climb up first if you want.


Wood is atleast equal to if not harder than ice, and i could use my forearm bone as a improvised hammer

There still isn't enough room. There are no ledges, only sloping lines, which will very much assist your fall. Remember, he said it is never horizontal. Also, ice is harder than you think. Especially compared to a broken sign.


See number 1

You still haven't explained how you're going to climb up without slipping and falling, only said that you're going to 'mountainclimb' up.


You just tie a knot between two rolled up parachutes... its blindingly obvious.

How exactly is this going to make it a practical rope? The material of the parachutes is not going to help you climb. At all.


In the drawing people are standing on the mountain I just drew poorly. Imagine a nail that you beat almost in , now imagining pulling it sideways... you couldn't get it out, now imagining pulling it up... it would be much much easier

You still haven't explained how they could be standing on the sloping lines. You also haven't explained where you would get the leverage to pull it back out.


Caution/ARmy crawl

How are you going to army crawl up a slippery ice slope?


What are lines?

Counterquote.


The lines on the mountain are corner, like the corners walls form when they join in one point. These lines twist around the mountain, starting at the very foot, and ending (or so it appears) at the top. They are, however, never in a horizontal position, and are thusly not ledges.

There are no ledges.

---

Actually, stuff it. Go. Climb up. I'll be watching.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-29, 08:25 PM
Well because I misinterpreted Ed's post on the lines my plan is obsolete.
Therefore, A. We find a way to walk on the lines without slipping B.We go to the medium mountain and search for anything useful, Or C. We find something on this mountain that's useful. So basically we wait for ed to tell us what happens with what we've done the last 2 pages...

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-30, 01:35 AM
I see there's been a lot of discussion on two points:
A. Can we use the lines as ledges in a daring plan to climb up?
No, you can't. They're not ledges and are always almost vertical. On top of that, they don't form 90 degree agles, but 140-170 degree angles, so even if they did form ledges (which they don't) you could possibly stand on them.
B. Will we be able to pull the sign from the ice?
Well, you'll be able to pull the sign offf the pole (which PlasticSolcier just did), since it was only stuck with a single nail. Pulling the pole out of the ice will be much more difficult, if not impossible.

Pingcode:
You now have a small icicle.

Raiser_B1ade:
The rubbing doesn't seem to have much effect, except that you look rather silly, hopping around on one leg, rubbing things with your shoe.

Detrevni:
Kicking Raiser's icicle doesn't seem to help either.

XF:
As you near the medium mountain, you encounter a sign that says "Danger!". There seem to be more signs ahead, saying "No trespassing!", "Go back while you can!", "Trespassers will be shot, and shot again" and such.

People at the large mountain: PlasticSoldier, Thanatos, Altharis, Artemis, pingcode, Neodan and Therarde

People at the landing site: Raiser_B1ade, Detrevni, purple gelatinous cube o' Doom, Rare Pink Leech, Yo_Landa, Asarth, North

People at the medium mountain: XF

Raiser Blade
2007-09-30, 01:43 AM
Fine :smallmad: .....:smallbiggrin:

I do what pingcode did and grab a smaller icicle

I then walk over to the rest of the group

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-30, 01:57 AM
Waaaaiiit where am I, I wasnt mentioned, so are you implying I dont exist, or are you implying that I am invisible to the rest? Or that I am an ghost, could I float up the mountain and get the points?

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-30, 02:05 AM
"Hrm, on closer examination, there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to get up with the material we have, and I'm still pretty cold. Didn't one of our co-workers head towards the other mountain? Lets follow him. Maybe there are caves there."

With that, Thanatos breaks into a loping jog towards the medium moutain.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-30, 02:11 AM
Dallas-Dakota: Sorry about that. If I'm not mistaking, you're supposed to be at the big mountain, right?

pingcode20
2007-09-30, 02:38 AM
((Hooray for deciding to break the largest icicle one could conceivably be able to break off without serious injury! :smallbiggrin: Score one for practicality!))

At the Base of the mountain
You are standing at the base of an enormous icicle.

>Go to medium mountain
Deciding that there is no way you're ever seeing the top of the mountain, you decide to leave the others to their insane plans and head off towards the medium mountain.

RoKAi
2007-09-30, 04:31 AM
so you are trying to make a grappling hook with parachute-rope and ice hook??? hmm, I'm not willing to give my parachute because i might need it in another situation.
Is there any possibilaty that i know/remember how to fold a parachute so it can be used again??

If there are any large wooden sticks around i gather them and try to make a delta-kite, after looking if there are any edges/cliffs where i can jump off with my glider...

If i manage to fold my parachute I might be able to use it as a paraglider (but i doubt i succeed in folding it so...

I watch the doings of my teammates and help them out in any possible way, I also suggest we may need a leader

I pee at the base of the sign hoping the ice will melt and i'll be able to wrick it out of its place, I also encourage others to do the same if it helps, but I want the signpost thingie

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-30, 06:44 AM
Well I was at the large mountain, but I walk to the medium mountain, and assist the others there if I can.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-30, 06:52 AM
Dallas-Dakota, Thanatos, pingcode: You encounter some unwelcoming signs as well, while walking towards the medium mountain, saying: "Beware of the dogs!", "Off limits!", "Lethal force will be used to stop trespassers!" and such.

XF: As you near, you can see that there are a few trees near the top of the mountain, and the entire mountain seems to be surrounded by a barbed wire fence. Suddenly, you encounter a sign that says "Danger, minefield!", with a skull drawn on it.

People at the large mountain: PlasticSoldier, Altharis, Artemis, Neodan and Therarde

People at the landing site: Detrevni, purple gelatinous cube o' Doom, Rare Pink Leech, Yo_Landa, Asarth, North


On the route Landing Site-Medium Mountain: XF

On the route Big Mountain-Medium Mountain: Thanatos, pingcode, Dallas-Dakota (in that order)

On the route Landing Site-Big Mountain: Raiser_B1ade

RoKAi: I don't think you're signed up for this game. And it wasn't allowed either for people from the previous ones. But I realise that now that I've let in XF (entirely by oversight), I should probably let others play as well. But please do sign up first, before just starting to play.

Oh, and PlasticSoldier, could you spoiler that image? It's stretching the page. Thx.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-30, 08:03 AM
Done, noticing everyone going to the medium mountain I start to walk with my new sign over to there and on the way I attempt to remove all the signs I see in the same way I removed the first sign, when I get to the minefield I lay down on the ground, very carefully use the signs to brush away the snow ahead of me and make a 3 feet wide path but if I encounter anything large and out of place I put a sign down so that the part that goes in the ground is just touching the mine and make sure to stay atleast a foot away from them.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-30, 08:12 AM
i follow raiser blade

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-30, 08:14 AM
Dogs? how can stupid dogs survive in this climate? They must be manipulated or there must be some kind of hide-out with climate control or something.....

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-30, 08:34 AM
Well let's hope there are dogs because we can't survive on pills forever.

By the way how far is the minefield from the mountain itself?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-30, 09:30 AM
PlasticSoldier: You have indeed taken the sign with you, but you haven't (as you seem to be thinking) managed to pull the signpost from the ice. You only have the part with the letters on it. You are carrying the sign under your arm, but how will you take other signs with you? None of them fit in your small backpack, and certainly not in your pockets. You could drag them around, I suppose, but do you want to? The mountain seems to be at more than a kilometer distance from the beginning of the mine field.

Thanatos, pingcode, Dallas-Dakota, PlasticSoldier: You all arrive at the minefield. Somewhat to your left you can see the pink dot that is XF, who seems to be having trouble deciding wether to venture ahead, or just to stay put. There is a sign here too, which reads "Danger, minefield ahead" with a skull and bones drawn inexpertly beneath it.

Raiser_B1ade, Detrevni: You arrive at the big mountain.

Landing site: purple gelatinous cube o' Doom, Rare Pink Leech, Yo_Landa, Asarth and North

Big Mountain: Altharis, Artemis, Neodan, Therarde, Raiser_B1ade and Detrevni

Mine Field: Thanatos, pingcode, Dallas-Dakota, PlasticSoldier, XF

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-30, 09:36 AM
Well since mineclearing is a vital task I take 2 of them because not getting blown up is preferable to not carrying signs.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-30, 10:15 AM
I walk over by the minefield.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-30, 10:18 AM
Uhm.......... I'm sorry, but where am I?

I thought I was following PlasticSoldier..........

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-30, 10:39 AM
Wasn't that back at that landing site?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-30, 10:46 AM
Uhm.......... I'm sorry, but where am I?

I thought I was following PlasticSoldier..........

You are at the Big Mountain, as that's where the group halted. Sorry that I forgot to mention you :smalleek:

Haruki-kun
2007-09-30, 10:50 AM
Ok, then......... can I still follow them to the Mine field?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-30, 11:15 AM
Ok, then......... can I still follow them to the Mine field?
Off course. You can see people from far away on the plain, mainly thanks to the bright pink suits.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-30, 11:17 AM
*I follow the others to the mine field and stop next to them in order to listen closely to their ideas.*

Therarde
2007-09-30, 11:47 AM
I try and take the biggest icicle I can find, besides the mountain, and whether I succeed or not, I follow the others to the minefield.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-30, 12:01 PM
Incase it was forgotten I'd like to repeat my mine-clearing plan from earlier.

Done, noticing everyone going to the medium mountain I start to walk with my new sign over to there and on the way I attempt to remove all the signs I see in the same way I removed the first sign, when I get to the minefield I lay down on the ground, very carefully use the signs to brush away the snow ahead of me and make a 3 feet wide path but if I encounter anything large and out of place I put a sign down so that the part that goes in the ground is just touching the mine and make sure to stay atleast a foot away from them. Just change the part about putting the point towards the mine to putting the sign near it.

Artemis97
2007-09-30, 02:41 PM
Artemis finishes her long walk aroung the big mountain and looks up its sheer face towards the peak. "I wonder...if we were to stand on each other's shoulders and lean against the mountain do you think there would be enough of us to form a ladder to the top?" She asks those who have remained nearby.

Xykon_Fan
2007-09-30, 04:06 PM
XF picks up the sign, breaks it into small pieces, and begins to throw them onto the areas he's about to walk. If they don't blow up, he carefully steps on them, and picks them up after he leaves. If he runs out of sticks, he uses wads of his parachute.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-30, 04:08 PM
Cant we just stand back, break the largest icicle we can break fast, and throw it, and RUN?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-30, 04:30 PM
PlasticSoldier: You start making a path. As you progress about ten meters into the minefield, the floor under you suddenly swells for a second. Before you have time to move, the ice below you blows to shreds, propelling you in the air in a rain of ice. You feel a warm sensation as blood pours across your face, and as you hear the blast, your ears go pop and it all dims down...

XF: You rip the board of the signpost and start chucking pieces of wood onto the ice. Not much seems to happen, and you are just about to venture forth as to your right an explosion tears the ice apart. You see PlasticSoldier being blown away, his leg passing him by on the way. You freeze and can't help but watch that raggedy doll fly through the air, seemingly in slow-motion, and then finally hitting the ice.

Thanatos, pingcode, Dallas-Dakota: You all just stand there as PlasticSoldier starts making his way across the ice, and then, all of the sudden, the ice lights up beneath him, and Dallas-Dakota opens his mouth to scream, but it's too late, far too late. In a deafening blast of red, you are all blown back, pingcode bumping into a sign, and seconds later PlasticSoldier hits the ice with a thud. You feel a warm liquid ooze across your faces, and soon you realise it's Soldier's blood.

Therarde, Haruki-Kun, Raiser_B1ade: As you walk towards the minefield, you suddenly see a blast in the distance, and briefly, a pinkish dot is propelled in the air. As soon as it began it's over. All seems quite now, at the minefield, but one of the pink dots isn't moving.

The blast is audible across the plain. Everyone (even the people at the landing site and the big mountain) can hear it.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-30, 04:52 PM
"Well, it looks like we have an approximately human-weight minesweeper" Thanatos jokes uneasily (not to mention in exceedingly poor taste), as he estimates the blast radius.

To assit in this matters, he walks towards the site of the explosion, in the EXACT SAME footsteps as the now-deceasd Plastic Soldier until he reaches the edge of the radius.
He also examines the blast site, including whether it leads to water or more ice and palms a conviently knife-sized ice shard.

<EDIT: Checking the support thread, we aren't sure if Soldier Boy is dead or not. If he is anywhere near the blast radius of the explosion, or in my path, I examine him - mostly to see whether or not he is alive. If he is alive - I use snow to stem any bleeding>

<For ease of the narrator:
1)(Asses location of Plastic Soldier
2)(Asses safe route to Plastic Soldier
3)(Approach Plastic
4)(Assess condition (Alive/dead)
5)(Patch and bleeding wounds/stem bleeding
6)(Drag to crater - along a safe path
7)(Assess crater
8)(Enter crater if safe
9)(Acquire ice shard which readily doubles as a stabbing or slashing weapon - such as a knife

Xykon_Fan
2007-09-30, 05:03 PM
XF loots the body of all its possessions, and then uses pieces of the body to trigger any mines in his path.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-30, 05:34 PM
detrevni head to the middle mountain and opon ariving say I have an idea all but one of us puts our backpacks in 1 persons parachute who will then swing it over there head in an ark and slam it on the ground. they should be far enough away to avoid the blast.
detrevni then looks for a peice of the dead guys body and begins chewing on it.(without entering the minefield)

Artemis97
2007-09-30, 06:02 PM
Artemis jumps at the sound of the explosion and looks towards the medium mountain. "What in the Nine Hells was that?!"

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-30, 06:14 PM
If you guys were smarter you would realize my status is unsure so I'm not dead.

I feel for wherever hurts the most and wrap my parachute around it.


There are 4 options

1. Remote Detonator-self explanatory. In the case mine clearing is going to be impossible.
2. Mines sensitive to detect sweeping the snow with a piece of wood. Doubt it because something would have set it off long before now.
3. Hair Trigger Anti-Tamper Mines. If you had mines sensitive enough to detect being touched with a piece of wood you'd blow yourself up setting them.
4. Buried mines that can miraculously detect 95 pounds spread over 6 or so square feet. See number 2

Therarde
2007-09-30, 06:28 PM
Yeah...I change course to the pink dot that flew away from the minefield.

pingcode20
2007-09-30, 06:37 PM
((You're not really going to be fighting with at most one leg, and probably serious internal injuries at best.))

At the minefield
You are standing in front of a large minefield. With a deafening roar, you are thrown back against the sign as Plastic Soldier becomes Polish Mine Detector and is catapulted into the air, followed by one of his legs.

Thanatos is here, checking if Plastic Mine Detector is still alive, while Xykon Fan hovers nearby like a vulture, ready to descend and loot the moment Plastic Soldier is dead.

>Go to Landing Site
Once again chickening out from a challenge (chicken!) you leave the others to play with landmines and go back to the landing site.

Walking to the landing site
Following the pink suits in the distance, you pass a number of signs as you hike.
>Get sign
On the way back, you remove a sign from its post. You choose the 'Lethal force will be used to stop trespassers' one. It has a certain ring to it. You also hang on to the nail, and drop it into your right pocket with your other possessions.

At the Landing Site
You have returned to the landing site.

>Steal firedarts
You attempt to steal the comatose agents' firedarts.

(If not possible)

>Beat purple gelatinous cube o' Doom, Rare Pink Leech, Yo_Landa, Asarth and North unconscious
I don't understand the phrase.

>Hit purple gelatinous cube o' Doom, Rare Pink Leech, Yo_Landa, Asarth and North.
You beat your dazed fellow agents until they have been rendered unconscious.

>Get firedarts
Done.

>Get astronaut pills
If you took those, they wouldn't be able to survive once they wake up!

Are you sure?

>Don't get astronaut pills
Done. You don't have purple gelatinous cube o' Doom, Rare Pink Leech, Yo_Landa, Asarth and North's astronaut pills.

(end 'if steal is unsuccessful' segment)

>Break parachute cord with nail
You attempt to break a length parachute cord from one of the parachutes lying on the ground with your nail.

>get parachute cord
You coil the long piece of parachute cord into a roll, and stuff it into your pocket.

>go to minefield
Having finished looting the possessions of the comatose agents, you set back off towards the minefield.

PlasticSoldier
2007-09-30, 06:45 PM
Odds are I still have a leg because since I was laying down my head would be a lot closer to the blast than my legs and evidenced by the fact I'm alive my head is still there.


@V: Oh, well after rereading Men's post it seems I am missing a leg


So do you mean the entire leg is off or do I still have an upper leg somehow?

pingcode20
2007-09-30, 06:52 PM
((It is explicitly said that one leg passed you on the way, so you're moving around with one leg left from here on in, unless MEN decides to revise the result.))

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-30, 11:54 PM
* lick my lips clean from the blood of plastic that splattered over them* Hmmm......my blood tastes better.

I stand a bit wary away from the minefield looking what the rest of the guys are doing.

Haruki-kun
2007-10-01, 12:09 AM
OK, two things: First, did anyone get a stalagmite in the end? aybe he can use it as a crutch.

Second and more importantly:
DON'T TRY THE PARACHUTE THING! NOT YET!

People, these are mines. They were made for the sole purpose of not allowing TRAINED soldiers to cross them so easily. And blowing them up to keep going is not a very good idea.

In the wars, they invented a robot that blew them up from afar and (*long rant..........*).........anyway, we can't do that. Another way to defuse a bomb is with liquid pressure, which I'm not sure we have (or will have, for the matter).

Now, I have to plans. One is likely and risky, the other one's less likely and less risky.

Plan 1: We go back, climb the mountain somehow, and use our parachutes to get across the mine field. Risky, but might work.

How tall is the mountain?

Plan 2: We cut out a bunch of stalagmites, the really small ones, and throw them ahead of us to cross. No risk, but.............. seems unlikely.

As a teamworker, I don't execute any plans until I have the rest of the team's opinions. What do you think?

pingcode20
2007-10-01, 12:30 AM
((I had a small one. And hopefully I'll soon possess a length of parachute cord. And a nice 'Lethal force will be used to stop trespassers' sign.

EDIT: Aww, damn it. If I wasn't off to take the possessions of the inactives, I would beat Raiser unconscious with the sign while screaming 'LETHAL FORCE WILL BE USED TO STOP TRESPASSERS!'

If it turns out I'm not allowed to do any of the stuff from before, I will beat him unconscious while screaming that.))

Raiser Blade
2007-10-01, 12:53 AM
I find the body of plastic soldier.
I try and take his pills and fire dart.

If someone tries to loot him before me i threaten them with my icicle.

If necessary i will use force to steal plasticsoldiers stuff.


(Come-on man it's not like we have the ability to heal you anyway. You might as well take one for the team.)

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-01, 01:45 AM
PlasticSoldier: You open your eyes. Well, one of them, anyways. There seems to be a large wooden splinter in the other one. You're lying in a pool of blood and molten ice at the edge of the minefield, where you started off clearing mines. Your lower left leg is lying next to you...on the right side, by your head. Your nose also seems to be broken, and there's a large icicle stuck in your chest. You're feeling cold, and pretty damn pissed off. You take your parachute out of your backpack and use it to stop your leg from bleeding. While doing so, you discover some of your fingers are broken, but you bravely soldier on and manage to tie the parachute to your leg anyways. The rest just seems to be standing there, hovering over you.

PlasticSoldier is not dead, people, simply horribly, horribly mutilated. With that icicle in his chest, I'm not saying he'll survive long without some medical care, but no looting until he's dead, okay?

pingcode: Your rip one of the signs off it's post and attempt to cut the parachute cord (same here, preferably no looting until they are at least dead. Don't worry, inactive players will die soon enough, from lack of food...), but it doesn't seem to work. You walk over to Raiser_B1ade as he's about to loot Plastic and raise your sign above your head in a threatening fashion. Raiser seems unsure what to do.

Raiser_B1ade: So, how about it? Take on pingcode and kill Plastic? Or just let it be?

Haruki-Kun: None of the icicles acquired as yet are big enough to use as crutches.

Thanatos: You go and take a look at the crater. It seems to be not much more than a large hole filled with ice water, whatever blew up in there, it's completely gone. You then walk over to PlasticSoldier and attempt to tend to his wounds (how?). Oh, and the only knife sized shards are more icicles. Though slightly sharper ones.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-01, 01:54 AM
Thanatos: You go and take a look at the crater. It seems to be not much more than a large hole filled with ice water, whatever blew up in there, it's completely gone. You then walk over to PlasticSoldier and attempt to tend to his wounds (how?). Oh, and the only knife sized shards are more icicles. Though slightly sharper ones.

First, I'd need a complete inventory of his injuries, however, padding snow over a wound should chill the area, slow the bleeding a little bit, and provide a sort of makeshift anesthetic. Any cut arteries will lead to me quickly unpacking my parachute and padded the stump/wound, applying as much direct pressure as possible.

In short, the first order of buisness is to stop any sort of bleeding out in whatever way possible, following standard CPR tactics. If need be, I'll break of an iccle/acquire a shard to use as a really makeshift scalpel.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-01, 01:58 AM
PlasticSoldier: You open your eyes. Well, one of them, anyways. There seems to be a large wooden splinter in the other one. You're lying in a pool of blood and molten ice at the edge of the minefield, where you started off clearing mines. Your lower left leg is lying next to you...on the right side, by your head. Your nose also seems to be broken, and there's a large icicle stuck in your chest. You're feeling cold, and pretty damn pissed off. You take your parachute out of your backpack and use it to stop your leg from bleeding. While doing so, you discover some of your fingers are broken, but you bravely soldier on and manage to tie the parachute to your leg anyways. The rest just seems to be standing there, hovering over you

That should serve as a proper list of injuries, don't you think? In short:
-Severed leg
-Pierced eye
-Broken fingers
-Broken nose
-Icicle in chest
-Bruises

pingcode20
2007-10-01, 02:00 AM
At the minefield
You are standing behind Raiser, with your 'Lethal force will be used to stop trespassers' sign raised over your head, preparing to smash him in the skull.

Raiser threatens you with his icicle.

>Hit Raiser
(With the sign)

You decide to break the unsteady stalemate with your new friend Mr. LethalForceWillBeUsedToStopLooters. With a mighty heave, taking advantage of any indecision the looter may have, you bring your trusty sign down on his head, aiming to render the scoundrel unconscious. As you (hopefully) make contact, you yell "LETHAL FORCE WILL BE USED TO STOP TRESPASSERS!" at the top of your lungs.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-01, 02:07 AM
Seeing pingcode try to hit me i try to cushion the blow with my forearm and i strike at his face with my icicle.

I also yell for help from the others saying that he's gone crazy and attacked me.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-01, 02:07 AM
Is the icicle piercing any exteremly vital, non-redunant organ, like a stomach or heart?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-01, 02:10 AM
Thanatos: As far as you can tell, it's just sticking in his chest, without the organ mangling.

Pingcode & Raiser_B1ade: Well, that was fast... Pingcode's board shatters across Raiser's head as Raiser stabs pingcode. Both drop to the ground, Raiser unconscious, and pingcode with an icicle through his cheek.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-01, 02:15 AM
If anybody loots me i swear....

the next icicle stabbing will be you.

Also i hope you bleed to death pingcode you crazy overzealous git.(purely in game context no real life offense meant here)

pingcode20
2007-10-01, 02:17 AM
>Fight Raiser

As Raiser raises his arm to stop the sign, you follow through with a firm kick to the chest, while releasing Mr.LethalForceWillBeUsedToStopLooters and pulling out your own icicle that has been sitting in your pocket and stepping backwards.

"Get away from him, you blackguard!" you yell, aiming to shove the knavish vulture away from the seriously injured PlasticSoldier.

---

At the minefield
As the icicle pierces your cheek, the sign shatters and the knave collapses to the ground. You feel an odd metallic taste as blood begins to flow through the wound, slowed by the icicle's point.

But PlasticSoldier is more or less safe for the time being.

>Spit Raiser
You spit on the unconscious Raiser, casting aside the fragment of your sign.

"Serves you right, you murderous villain." you say.

((How far has the icicle stabbed into my cheek?))

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-01, 02:20 AM
Step one: Unpack Prachute, scan nearby area for Plastic Soldier's.
Step Two: Apply anethetic snow.
Step Three: Retrive Plastic's Parachute if nearby.
Step Four: Stem bleeding from leg.

More to come based on reactions to these actions.

(Step Zero: Apply "Bedside manner")

pingcode20
2007-10-01, 02:32 AM
At the Minefield
You are standing in front of the minefield. The icicle is still through your cheek, and it is beginning to hurt.

>x Icicle
The icicle is piercing through your cheek rather painfully.

>Get icicle
You slowly, and excruciatingly slide Raiser's icicle from your cheek. "AAAAAARRRRGH!" you scream, as the icicle finally comes out. Scooping up some ice, you quickly pack it across your cheek, numbing the pain as you drop the scoundrel's icicle, coated in your blood.

>x Raiser's Firedart
You rummage through Raiser's pockets, and find his firedart. Unfortunately, the fool had wasted it trying to break off an icicle. It is now no more than an empty tube.

>Get Raiser's Firedart
Done. You claim the would-be murderer's empty tube as your own.

>Put Icicle in Tube
You slide your icicle into the cardboard tube, isolating it against your body heat.

>Put Icicle-in-tube on Injuries
Whose injuries, yours or PlasticSoldier's?
>PlasticSoldier
You use the icicle wand as an easily movable anaesthetic baton around to PlasticSoldier's injuries, chilling and numbing them.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-01, 03:31 AM
Okay, re-reading and not wanting to edit my previous post, here is the <new> order.

Noting that Plastic has already applied his parachute to stem his own wounded leg, Thanatos applies pressure and packs as much snow as possible up against the stump.
After that, Thanatos retrives the lower half of Plastic's leg and packs what snow he can there, sliding it into the ice water if the crater is nearby.

Examine chest wound.

And of course, during this, Thanatos spurts a small number of varied stock phrases, including:
"You're gunna be alright, man."
"Nice job finding the first mine, man"
Et. cetera.

Xykon_Fan
2007-10-01, 03:46 AM
XF uses the sign and parachute as described previously.

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-01, 05:49 AM
Delusional from blood loss I'm busy thinkins about my future pegleg and eyepatch while they fight but I still notice when that dude spits on the idiot and have enough strength to laugh my butt off.

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-01, 06:29 AM
I walk over to Plastic's leg (the one not still connected to him) and pick it up and start eating it then say Anybody want some, don't want it to go to waste (lol and im a vegatarian in realy life to)

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-01, 01:37 PM
pingcode: Done. You now have a icicle-in-a-stick (yes, that's in a, not on a!). The icicle that pierced your cheek made a hole of about bottlecapsize. You have removed it now.

Thanatos: You tend to PlasticSoldier's wounds, and you examine his chest wound. The icicle seems to be sticking through the lower right part of Plastic's ribs, lodged in between two ribs. The warm blood is slowly melting it, pouring icy water on the wound. As you take a hold of Plastic's severed foot, so does Detrevni...

PlasticSoldier: Both Pingcode and Thanatos tend to your wounds. You can feel the pain eb away, and slowly go numb all over. It's rather soothing. You can even manage a smile.

Detrevni: As you grab a hold of the leg to start eating it raw, so does Thanatos...

XF: You start walking across the ice, chucking pieces of wood ahead of you.

Mine Field: Therarde, Haruki-Kun, Raiser_B1ade, Thanatos, Dallas-Dakota, PlasticSoldier, XF, pingcode, Detrevni

Landing site: purple gelatinous cube o' Doom, Rare Pink Leech, Yo_Landa, Asarth and North

Big Mountain: Altharis, Artemis and Neodan

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-01, 02:02 PM
I try to loosen the splinter in my eye and if I can get it loose enough I pull it out.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-01, 02:03 PM
"Its kind of bad tasteto eat the limb while the original bearer is still alive, man." Thanatos says heavily, staring straight at Detervini. "If we're unable to save the leg, it may be best to keep it preserved or cook the thing. I'm not above cannibalisim, but you got astronaut pills to keep you alive"

As hes giving his little speech, Thanatos subtly shifts into a fighting stance, one specifically designed to A)(Not look like a stance and B)( Ram his shoulder into Det's ribs, using his (Thanatos's)position of being at a lower height.

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-01, 03:45 PM
I rip a piece of stuff off my suit in the shape of a circle with a line going through it put it over my missing eye and tie the line in a square knot. "Arr, anyone be havin' any ideas about making a peg leg?"

Therarde
2007-10-01, 03:56 PM
I head over to Plastic Soldier, presumably with the large icicle that MEN didn't acknowledge earlier.

Xykon_Fan
2007-10-01, 04:14 PM
XF pauses for a moment, chucks a few pieces of wood well away from him. He continues to do this up until one of them blows something up or half the board runs out. If nothing happens, he steps along the same route he came back to the others.

"I think it might be bio-mass based triggers."

He eyes Detrevni's new meal. "Can I have a piece? Just enough to blow up a mine. Also, you might not want to eat too much. You don't know where he's been or what parasites might live inside him. I'd suggest cooking it. I'll bet it tastes like chicken."

He looks at Thanatos. "The difference being that the pills won't spoil. The leg eventually will."

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-02, 05:24 AM
with the arm i am not holding the leg with i reach into my pack and pull out my icicle and point it at Thanatos hey I'd like not to hurt you but we can't waste anything, unless we get a surgeon to reattach his leg in under an hour it will never reattach. since none of us are surgeons we might as well take what we can get.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-02, 05:32 AM
Being outnumbered, Thanatos backs down and truns to plastic.
"Aye, matey, I be tryin' to find ye a good peg-leg, arr!"

Also, noting the rapidly opening chest wound, Thanatos turns to those eating their comrade's leg.
"Can you get me the femur and the cloth still attached, please?"

pingcode20
2007-10-02, 05:39 AM
At the Minefield
You are kneeling next to the wounded PlasticSoldier, where a confrontation seems to be settling down.

>Detrevni, Leg
"Detrevni," you sigh "The leg will last at least a few days. Please turn it over for now - we need the insulating cloth and you can always eat it later. The key word here is 'eventually'. This place is well below zero, and the leg may as well be in a cold room for how long it'll take to rot. Come on, hand it over. Besides, if we can reattach it it'll make a better peg leg for Plastic than an icicle."

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-02, 05:45 AM
fine fine detrevni stops eating and pulls the cloth of the leg than starts to pull the leg bone out.Then gives them to whoever wants them.

Artemis97
2007-10-02, 06:56 AM
Not finding anything particularly interesting at the large mountain, Artemis starts to wander towards the medium mountain. She also wonders if there's a large and medium, might there be a small mountain to explore.

Haruki-kun
2007-10-02, 08:23 AM
With the weather as cold as it is, that leg lasts longer, thanks to cryogenics.

Thantos, is there anything I can do to help you tend to PlasticSoldier's wounds?

Raiser Blade
2007-10-02, 03:13 PM
Have i come to yet?

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-02, 03:58 PM
Thanatos grabs the cloth and does what he can t quickly patch the chest wound
"I could deal with figuring out someway to make a cup so we can get our boy here a peg leg."

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-02, 04:13 PM
PlasticSoldier: You try to pull out the splinter, but it's really painfull, and it appears pulling it loose would pull a lot of other flesh loose as well.

Therarde: No-one's been able to pull loose a large icicle yet...

Thanatos: Bandaging the wound is pretty hard with the icicle still sticking out. Also, the piece of cloth that was hanging around the leg is pretty small. Most of PlasticSoldier's suit has shredded though, and could thusly be used as bandaging.

Detrevni: You can't just take out the bone. You'll have to cut off/eat the flesh. Also, are you now, or are you not, eating the leg as it is? I got confused.

Raiser_B1ade: Yes, you are now waking up.

Artemis: You are on your way to the medium mountain, and you can see no small mountain anywhere.

XF: The wood doesn't set off any more mines.

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-02, 04:34 PM
In that case how are the rest of my wounds and can I see anything out of the splinter eye?

Raiser Blade
2007-10-02, 04:58 PM
I groggily glare at pingcode as i try and get to my feet.

Haruki-kun
2007-10-02, 05:41 PM
A cup? Well, let's see.............

Using ice is out of the question, that's for sure.......... how about carving it with the sign? Who's carrying the sign?

Pingcode, do you think you could spare a piece of the sign? Xykon Fan seems to be using his to make way through the mine field, so...... please?

We'd also need Icicles again, in order to carve. Apparenlty they're the only tool we have.

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-02, 06:38 PM
Well since it's my leg I should donate my signs to building me a new one but taking that pole out of the ground would probably work better & knowing how to dig in solid ice would be a valuable tool for building fortifications, so here's an idea for digging poles out.

1. Remove nails from a few signs.
2. Beat the Nail halfway into the Ice.
3. Remove the Ice.
4. Remove the weakened Ice.
5. Repeat 2-5 until pole is removed.

Basically you'd be using nails like a pickaxe.

If anyone likes the idea and my signs are nearby I point them towards my signs with nails in them.
P.s. I totally need the nails and signs back when your done.

Haruki-kun
2007-10-02, 06:46 PM
I meant carving a cup out of the sign, but hey, that works too.

Little problem, though, that only works if the pole is not very deep into the ice.

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-02, 06:56 PM
Not really since you would be clearing the Ice away your digging depth is only limited by our ability to excavate, and besides if something could dig deep enough to bury a pole feet below the ground you could do the same with all the time it's going to take to clear this minefield.

Xykon_Fan
2007-10-02, 08:26 PM
"Plastic Soldier & Detrevni, do you mind if I have a piece of the leg? I need to run an experiment."

Haruki-kun
2007-10-02, 08:33 PM
:smalleek: Dude, that's his LEG we're talking about!

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-02, 08:58 PM
And this is survival we are talking about, which seems more important, not mutilating a leg that can be used as a leg anymore, or haveing food to eat in this wasteland.
(turns to Xf) no, im not wasting our food, use a few signs in a parachute instead it will be heavier

Detrevni then tries to pry the meat away from the bone using his icicle.

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-02, 10:07 PM
Dude, its my leg so its my property and I say get the f off

Raiser Blade
2007-10-02, 10:18 PM
I get to my feet and laugh at the helpless plastic soldier.

I then collect 2 of the biggest and sharpest icicles i can find and walk over to the minefield.

Haruki-kun
2007-10-02, 10:34 PM
Raiser Blade, wait! what are you gonna do with those Icicles?

Raiser Blade
2007-10-02, 10:58 PM
Nothing for now.

North
2007-10-02, 11:07 PM
After resting from the parachute drop and assessing the area, I roll up my parachute and make my way down the path the others have gone.

Xykon_Fan
2007-10-02, 11:32 PM
"Detrevni, what if I give you one of my astronaut pills for half of the leg? It'll serve you better anyway. You should've paid attention to my words. I think the mines work on a bio-mass trigger. In common terms that means people go boom, things don't."

If he agrees, I give him an astronaut pill for half of the meat on the leg.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-03, 01:14 PM
PlasticSoldier: You can't see anything out of the eye, and you're not really feeling that much of your wounds. It is alarming however that the icicle in you is melting, letting more and more blood flow out.

Detrevni: You pry away some of the meat with your icicle, some of it can't seem to be removed with such a crude tool though. Let's say you removed somewhat more than half of the meat.

Raiser_B1ade: You pick up two of the larger iceshards (which aren't really that large) created by the blast.

North: You follow one of the trails and end up at the minefield.

Mine Field: Therarde, Haruki-Kun, Raiser_B1ade, Thanatos, Dallas-Dakota, PlasticSoldier, XF, pingcode, Detrevni, North and Artemis

Landing site: purple gelatinous cube o' Doom, Rare Pink Leech, Yo_Landa and Asarth

Big Mountain: Altharis and Neodan

Artemis97
2007-10-03, 01:20 PM
Artemis walks up to the group and sees what happened to Plasic Soldier. Well, now she knew what that loud noise from earlier had been. "Is..is he...dead?"

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-03, 01:49 PM
"I'm not dead" I say right before getting back to making sure it stays that way. Ok so using some of the shreds from my suit I make a turniken(sp?) around any large cut veins and arteries.

Edit: I then do the same thing with my leg stump.

So is it still the same day as when we landed?

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-03, 04:34 PM
here I'll give you the whole leg for a pill *gives leg*

pingcode20
2007-10-03, 06:20 PM
At the Minefield
You are standing in front of the minefield.
>Brief
Done.

>Xykon_Fan, Cloth
"XF," you say, "Before you go blowing up plastic soldier's leg, could you take the cloth off of it and pass it here? I think Plastic needs the cloth more than the mines.

Haruki-kun
2007-10-03, 07:14 PM
PlasticSoldier, if your leg cannot be saved, then.................. We must cauterize it. I don't think that.......... whatchamacallit (I know what it is, I can't remmber the name) is going to work for very long.

North
2007-10-04, 01:31 AM
After I arrive at the mine field seeing the calamity around me I say " What the hell happened here!"

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-04, 05:16 AM
(ping you got the cloth already i gave to whoever wanted it)

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-04, 12:58 PM
PlasticSoldier: I belive you mean a tourniquet? You tie the cloth around your leg thightly (which is the only large cut, you can't stop the chest bleeding with a tourniquet, I believe). A lot of time has passed since you arrived, but the sun has barely moved on the horizon. If anything, it seems to have moved around, instead of up or down.

Detrevni & XF: You trade the leg.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-10-04, 01:01 PM
Ehm, for shortage of time, I'l just follow the rest and help if needed/politely asked.

Xykon_Fan
2007-10-04, 01:05 PM
I throw a part of the leg out a little distance into the minefield, keeping as much as I can and still reasonably throw it.

Artemis97
2007-10-04, 01:40 PM
He wasn't dead...great. Seeing how her compainions are already canabalizing their fallen friend, before he was even gone, Artemis walks away in disgust. She walks around the edge of the mine field, trying to determine it's borders. Although, If she can't tell where the field starts or stops, she won't risk herself.

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-04, 03:49 PM
Oh, in that case I take out the icicle and cauterize (with my firedart) my chest and if I still have flame stuff left I then do my leg if i still have stuff I throw it in the air if I still have stuff I snuff it out on the snow then I pocket the icicle and watch the others a bit.


EdiT: while looking over my list of wounds in the support thread I noticed that the description explicitly says "large icepeak and a medium mountain" does this mean that it is in fact a caves and tunnels type mountain? Also it said there was barbed wire but I don't remember seeing any. Also for the reason I was looking over my wounds I was wondering which fingers were broken.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-04, 04:36 PM
"Cauterizzation is an extermly painful process. I wish they dropped the females here with tampons, that would be a quick and easy solution."

Thanatos mutters to himself as he stems what blooflow he can,slowly winding in pieces of Plastic's torn suit to keep a tight seal around the rapidly-melting icicle.

<<EDIT'd in OOC: Support thread correction: Raiser _B1ade has the whole in his cheek, from pingcode's icicle (or Vice-versa, really, I didn't keep much track of the combat), not me.>>

Raiser Blade
2007-10-04, 05:19 PM
Pingcode has the hole in his cheek i just got temporarily K.O.ed.

pingcode20
2007-10-04, 06:00 PM
At the Minefield
>PlasticSoldier, Dart
"Wait, don't use the firedart! Look, Thanatos, you, and I together have enough firedarts to call for rescue if necessary. If the firedart doesn't cauterise it or if it breaks open again, we won't be able to bail you out! If it comes to that, it's better to bail out having achieved little than to close off your route out and die here."

"Besides, the firedart is a firework. It's just going to burn a tiny portion of the hole before hitting the snow and fizzling out."

>Get dart
You grab at PlasticSoldier's firedart before he can fire it off.

North
2007-10-04, 08:13 PM
Watching this macabre performance play out I take a knee and conserve my energy.


((Suppose I should specify I kneel down on one knee, not try to fight over Plastics limb :smallbiggrin: ))

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-04, 09:00 PM
In order to avoid screwing up I stop doing stuff when pingcode grabs my firedart, and ask him "So any ideas to stop the invevitable bleeding to death?"

Raiser Blade
2007-10-04, 09:02 PM
Pack ice into every open wound.

Haruki-kun
2007-10-04, 09:03 PM
In order to avoid screwing up I stop doing stuff when pingcode grabs my firedart, and ask him "So any ideas to stop the invevitable bleeding to death?"

I don't know if he does, but I do. It won't be pretty.

Open the Firedart's cartridge, put the gunpowder over your wound, then use the empty gun to create a spark (they do that..........). The Spark will light up the gunpowder and seal your wound. It's the only thing I can think of, unless anyone has any ideas on how to start a fire, which woul be a lot better, of course.

By the way. Cauterization: It's gonna hurt. A lot.

EDIT: @Raiser Blade. Yes, Raiser Blade, that works, but only for a certain time. Plus, he might get Hipothermia and then die.

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-04, 09:06 PM
Ok, I pack snow into my chest & attempt to come up with a red snow joke.


Edit: I just got an idea

"How bout After chilling the area with the snow from above I search for big arteries and big veins and I stuff the vein ending into wherever they would have gone normally and then use some weird knot to attach them then do the same with the arteries." In order to see if the plan is feasible I look for really big blood vessels in my wound.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-04, 09:20 PM
We'll use our body heat to warm...him...aw forget it. He's on his own.

Therarde
2007-10-04, 09:40 PM
Therarde stands at the minefield, thinking. He grabs a small icicle or lump of snow and throws it as far out onto the field as possible.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-04, 09:42 PM
"There are quite a few problems with that idea, friend, the foremost being capillaries - or one cell thick blood vessels."
Thanatos explains evenly.
"The snow is to stem the bleeding and provide a mild anesthetic." Something more permenant will, however be needed. Thtas why I'm going to continue wishing aloud for a tampon."

At this, Thanatos unpacks his "Lollipop" reserve parachute and judges wheather or not it would be enough to seal the wound.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-05, 01:57 PM
XF: The leg hits the ice, bounces, and then lays still on the minefield.

Artemis: The borders of the minefield are quite clear, because there are signs all around it's edges saying "Danger! Beware! Minefield!" and such, each one of them with a little skull drawn on it. The minefield seems to stretch in a kilometer wide range all around the hill.

PlasticSoldier: I believe I indeed mentioned the barbed wire before, though only once. There are several circles of barbed wire around the mountain, just where it begins to slope up, you are not sure if they are still within the minefield area though. The "mountain" is in fact more of a very large hill. You are not sure if it contains caves, but it is possible. Higher up the mountain are several trees. And I'm afraid thanatos is right, you can't just take bloodvessels and tie them together :smallconfused:

Thanatos: You're right about the cheek thing, I'm sorry about that :smallredface: Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "Lollipop" parachute, but you don't have a reserve parachute, just the basic one.

Therarde: You toss an icicle onto the minefield. Little seems to happen.

Mine Field: Therarde, Haruki-Kun, Raiser_B1ade, Thanatos, Dallas-Dakota, PlasticSoldier, XF, pingcode, Detrevni, North and Artemis

Landing site: purple gelatinous cube o' Doom, Rare Pink Leech, Yo_Landa and Asarth

Big Mountain: Altharis and Neodan

Haruki-kun
2007-10-05, 05:06 PM
Tired of thinking of ways to get past the mine field, Haruki-kun leaves.

>*Goes Back to the big mountain*

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-05, 05:23 PM
Thanatos[/B]: You're right about the cheek thing, I'm sorry about that :smallredface: Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "Lollipop" parachute, but you don't have a reserve parachute, just the basic one.

I assumed we had modern era parachutes, where if the main parachute fails to fire, a "reserve parachute", which I heard called a "lollipop" once, and I like the name so I use it, is present, which can be pulled to hopefully force out the main chute.

In case we're using single chutes (iconic, WWII, era, I guess), I pull the main chute.

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-05, 05:35 PM
"Well then it looks like we're gonna have to call for a medivac... Hey Xf can I like have my leg back so they can try to reattach it or something I'll make sure to ask them for something nice to give to you." I then take out my firedart (or is it still out) & if 2 other people volunteer to help and noone complains I fire it .




Edit: So anyone got any suggestions for stuff we should beg Our Lousy Employer
for it my ideas are

Pickaxe
Foods

Therarde
2007-10-05, 06:26 PM
Therarde thinks for a moment, and looks for a bigger icicle to throw.

North
2007-10-05, 06:43 PM
I'll go over and examine the big mountain.

pingcode20
2007-10-05, 07:08 PM
At the Minefield
Plastic Soldier is preparing to fire his firedart to call for the mysterious organisation that sent us in the first place.

>Launch Firedart
You take out your firedart and prepare to fire it when PlasticSoldier does. "Don't worry, you'll be out of here soon."

>Give hole to Thanatos
You peel the bottlecap-sized hole in your cheek off and stick it on Thanatos' cheek.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-05, 07:51 PM
"We may be pulled off this mission, so I say we hand over our Astronaut pills and parachutes to our comrades before we fire"
Thanatos agrees as he draws his firedart.
"With the promise, of course, that if we return, we get our stuff back." he adds with a sort of glare.

Neodan282
2007-10-05, 08:10 PM
I start going to the minefield.

Artemis97
2007-10-06, 01:41 AM
Artemis finishes her long walk and sees the others firing off their darts.

"I'll hold your supplies, in case they do decide to take you guys off the case. And if you can could you bring back some climbing equipment and some tents or something?"

pingcode20
2007-10-06, 01:47 AM
At the minefield
You are preparing to fire off your firedart.

>give astronaut pills and icicle in a stick and parachute to Artemis
This verb cannot take multiple subjects.

>give pills to artemis
Done.

>give icicle in a stick to artemis
Done.

>give parachute to Artemis
(taking the parachute off first)
Done.

>launch firedart
"Alright, but if we come back I expect to get my things back." you say as you point the firedart skywards and wait for the others to fire.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-06, 01:55 AM
With a volunteer to hold their supplies and take on the responsibility of passing them out, Thanatos unloads his parachute and astronaut pills onto Artemis, and then helps Plastic Soldier with his supplies (if he accepts/unloads).

And then, Thanatos sighted the sky. <Edit'd in: By "Sighting", I of course mean aiming down the firedart's barrel at>

EDIT'd in material:
"I'll see what I can do for you," Thanatos offers Artemis in response to her request for climbing equipment and tents.

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-06, 06:06 AM
not to kill the mood or anything but didn't they already say they cant give us anything more that the necessities, and that it was a risk just giving us what we did receive

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-06, 06:44 AM
not to kill the mood or anything but didn't they already say they cant give us anything more that the necessities, and that it was a risk just giving us what we did receive
"Thats why I made no promises."

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-06, 06:49 AM
People at the minefield notice it is getting significantly darker, as the green sun ducks behind the medium mountain and they get covered in it's shadow.

thanatos: Your parachutes seem quite modern, but they do not include these reserve parachutes. Perhaps your employers didn't deem it necessary? You hand your stuff to Artemis, raise your firedart to the sky, and click the small black button on it's side.

PlasticSoldier: You grunt as you pull your firedart out of the bloody mess and raise it to the sky. You nod to thanatos and pingcode as they raise their firedarts as well and you push the tiny button with all your might.

Therarde: You take the biggest icicle you can find (and pull loose). It's not that much bigger than the last one.

Pingcode: You hand your stuff to Artemis and than raise your firedart to the sky. You smile at your comrades. Help will be here soon, PlasticSoldier needs to suffer no longer. With this last thought, you push the tiny black button.

Three jolts of red fire spiral up to the sky from the shadow of the medium mountain. Everyone on the plain can see it, though people who aren't at the minefield wouldn't know who fired the jolts.

Mine Field: Therarde, Raiser_B1ade, Thanatos, Dallas-Dakota, PlasticSoldier, XF, pingcode, Detrevni and Artemis

Landing site: purple gelatinous cube o' Doom, Rare Pink Leech, Yo_Landa and Asarth

Big Mountain: Altharis

Mine Field --> Big mountain: Hariku-kun, North

Big Mountain --> Minefield: Neodan

You're all getting rather hungry.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-06, 07:28 AM
"Actually, Artemis, can we each get one of pills back from you? Hunger is really setting in, and we may have to wait a while"

Haruki-kun
2007-10-06, 10:38 AM
*Haruki-kun runs back to the Mine Field*

Who fired them? What happened? We're not even done yet!

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-06, 12:55 PM
Ok then i give my stuff to artemis and if there is any I eat some blood stained snow from around my leg wound, if there isn't any then i eat a pill. So I then practice saying "where's the extraction point?" & "Beam me up Scotty"


(5 Cookies for the first reference only 1 for the second)

Artemis97
2007-10-06, 01:00 PM
"Sure. Best to face these guys with a full stomach right?" She hands back one pill to each of them, then eats one of her own.

Therarde
2007-10-06, 05:24 PM
Therarde pops an astronaut pill into his mouth, and then examines the minefield for anything odd.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-06, 05:58 PM
"Thanks," Thanatos say simply as he drops the pill in his mouth, melts a small amount of snow (using the heat of the inside of his mouth), and uses the water to wash the pill down.

pingcode20
2007-10-06, 06:25 PM
At the minefield
The firedart streaks into the sky, a beacon calling back the mysterious organisation.

You start to feel hungry, and Artemis passes you one of the astronaut pills.

>Eat pill
Placing the pill on your tongue, you scoop up a bit of water from your pocket and swallow the nutrient pill.

You feel less hungry.

Neodan282
2007-10-07, 09:57 AM
When walking to everyone else Neodan looks around for a small icicle to break off and he eats a astronaut pill.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-07, 10:45 AM
I eat the pill with a bit of water.

Xykon_Fan
2007-10-07, 12:53 PM
*Eat* Yum.

Haruki-kun
2007-10-07, 01:06 PM
*I swallow one pill.*
I feel a lot better now.

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-07, 04:15 PM
I am going to save my food for when i am realy hungery

North
2007-10-07, 10:01 PM
After seeing the flare I make my way back towards the minefield to see whats going on. As the hunger sets in a pop some clean snow into my mouth once it melts I pop the astronaut pill.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-09, 01:26 PM
PlasticSoldier: You eat some snow & blood. It's not very filling, quite cold, and extremely icky.

Neodan: You break off a small icicle and take it with you.

There is a roar in the sky, and suddenly a man appears out of thin air at the minefield, standing in front of the small group gathered there. The man, if you can call him that, is dressed in a business suit far too small for his bulging muscled body. His metal body. He looks down at the group (that's right, down) and grins, showing some crooked tin teeth.
"My name is Rust" he proclaims, hands at his hips "I have come here to terminate some accounts". He looks round at those gathered before him with his beady little red eyes, and notices PlasticSoldier, pingcode and thanatos, with the FireDarts still in their hands. His limbs croak as the corroded giant steps forward. "May I see those please?"

Artemis, Therarde, thanatos, pingcode, neodan, Raiser_B1ade, Xykon_Fan, Hariku-Kun and North have eaten. Everyone else is still really hungry. Better eat soon! Last warning.

PlasticSoldier
2007-10-09, 02:07 PM
"So is that terminate as in fire or as in '[COLOR="Black"]EX-TER-MIN-ATE'? And whats are companies Healthcare policy? Because if we can clear that up quickly we need to get back to assasinating a time traveller"
I eat a pill and some snow while I wait for a response.

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-09, 05:22 PM
i eat a pill

Artemis97
2007-10-09, 05:54 PM
Artemis looks up at the large metal man and swallows hard. Plastic Soldier had asked a very valid question, and would this 'termination' include only the three who fired the darts, or the entire group?