PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Tales Character creation: Music Box addition.

Rowan Wolf
2019-02-08, 05:42 AM
Thought it would be fun to see if anyone else has played based characters on songs or lyrics; or have ones planned, but have yet to play them.

Played
My first 4e character was a Paladin of the Raven Queen, based on Nightwish's Kinslayer (mostly for backstory elements was fun character, didn't get to play more than a one shot so might be time to update for a new game)

Wanted to Play
A Metis in WtA, that is convienced Gaia speaks to him/her, (maybe with true faith, maybe not), but just an opportunity to embody "Mama said Knock You Out"

Ken Murikumo
2019-02-08, 07:44 AM
Not 100% related, but my roommate a few years ago was shouting across the apartment from his room about Steam Powered Giraffe. Instead of "Steam Powered" i heard "Steve Bauer" and was like, whoa that's a great name for a character.

JNAProductions
2019-02-09, 10:02 PM
My friend is currently playing a Shepherd Druid in 5E, based entirely on the first few lines of Welcome To The Black Parade.

Is fun.

mucat
2019-02-17, 02:39 AM
The exact details of their desperate spirals into madness differ...but my obsessive surgeon/alchemist PC from our old Steampunk campaign would find a close kindred spirit in the narrator of The Doctor's Wife, by the Clockwork Quartet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHEJrXPvU5s

"...and I have broken every code of practice,
But for my Love, I'd shift the planet's axis!
She'll return to me, when she's been repaired!"