PDA

View Full Version : She hulk

Eldpollard
2007-09-26, 04:57 PM
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on she hulk were. For me I'm not a fan, except under John Byrne. When he does them they're incredibly funny, a whole lot of fourth wall breaking done very well.

Gundato
2007-09-26, 05:09 PM
She just isn't a fun character. It is always either too dramatic, or too silly. I have yet to see a well-balanced issue of that.

I dunno, it feels like the writers are trying too hard to make her into another Spiderman. They get the dramatic stuff WAY too dramatic (okay, her boyfriend might not agree with her on the SHRA. So why are the writers acting like it is the end of the world?) and they get the humor either pathetically boring ("See, it is a fancy hat. That makes it funny. Laugh with me!") or just awkward (she ain't Deadpool).

With the right writers, she could be great. But I don't know if those exist.

Logos7
2007-10-01, 11:22 PM
calls herself master of fourth wall commedy, occasionaly queen of the fourth wall however either would require that she be on occassion funny.

Writers should be apprenticed to deadpool writers and then spanked for the non ending nonsense that is " did you sleep with Juggernaught?"

L

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-17, 07:12 PM
I really liked the She-Hulk run under Slott. The recent issue with "Earth A" characters pretending to be "Earth B" characters was a very clever way to cover the many instances of things out of continuity and look some long over-due snarky shots at the Marvel U.

The sub-plots are nice. Who is Pug under the spell of? What's Mallory's master plan? What's up with the guy who slaughtered that alien race and the mute watcher and is that a lead in to the Watcher War that is mentioned in issue 100?

I enjoy it and will keep reading.

DraPrime
2007-10-17, 07:46 PM
I mostly don't like she-hulk. It's just too weird.

Shatteredtower
2007-10-21, 09:15 PM
They're handing her over to Peter David. That's good enough for me to finally give the book a try.

2007-10-22, 08:55 PM
She-Hulk and Deadpool should team up.

The fourth-wall will never be the same.

Finn Solomon
2007-10-23, 10:58 AM
She's rather attractive. Once you go green, you can never come clean. Or something. :smallbiggrin:

Blayze
2007-10-23, 11:50 AM
Perhaps it's "Once you go green, you can never GET clean."

Shatteredtower
2007-10-23, 10:26 PM
Guys, please don't make me recall the Juggernaut/She-Hulk incident. Please?

Green Bean
2007-10-23, 11:04 PM
Guys, please don't make me recall the Juggernaut/She-Hulk incident. Please?

Please do. I am intrigued. :smallamused:

ReluctantDragon
2007-10-24, 10:54 AM
Actually if you check out She Hulk's Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She_hulk) you'll find that the 616 She Hulk actually did not sleep with Juggernaut. Apparently it was a different Jennifer.

However, in that same article, it was revealed that she has the largest breast size in the Marvel Universe, which is a feat unto itself. Ah, the wonderful world of MU.

BillionSix
2007-10-28, 02:49 PM
I like her, if she is written well.

She is something you don't see that often in comics, a strong female lead character who is actually likable.
She isn't an untouchable goddess, or a steely-eyed bad girl.
She seems like someone who can kick villain ass, and then relax and have pizza with you afterward. That is very cool to me, and I wonder why more comic writers don't see how likable that is.

Brian