PDA

View Full Version : Devoted Marksman - Gunslinger ACF for 3.PF

Ranged Ranger
2019-02-13, 09:12 AM
This is heavily based on Necromancers of the Northwest's Sublime Marksman (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/gunslinger/archetypes/necromancers-of-the-northwest-gunslinger-archetypes/sublime-marksman/) archetype...

Devoted Marksman
The devoted marksman takes it as their divinely appointed mission to defend the world from unnatural influences that are opposed to their god. They consider any creature with the Aberration or Undead types as well as non-Native Outsiders with an alignment subtype opposed to their deity’s alignment or Fey from a court not allied with their deity to be manifestations of such influence and refer to these creatures as infernal creatures.
Bonus Feats: Whenever a devoted marksman gains a bonus feat, she may select any domain feat for which she qualifies, in addition to the feats that she can normally select.

Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special
1st*+1+2+2+0Path of the Gun, Deeds, grit, gunsmith
1st**+1+2+2+0Deeds, Gritty Devotion, grit, gunsmith
1st***+1+2+2+0Path of the Gun, Deeds, Gritty Devotion, grit, gunsmith
3rd+3+3+3+1Deeds
19th+19/+14/+9/+4+11+11+6Deeds
* Path of the Gun ** Gritty Devotion *** Both
Path of the Gun (Ex): At 1st level, a devoted marksman gains a Domain Feat if she does not meet the prerequisites. Further, a devoted marksman with this feature can have a total of three domain feats, like a cleric that gave up one of her domains for an extra domain feat.
This ability replaces gun training 1 and 2.
Gritty Devotion: The devoted marksman may spend one or more grit points to use one of their Devotion feats with a once per day use. gain one additional daily use of this feat for each three daily turn or rebuke uses you expend.
Grit: Whenever a devoted marksman reduces an infernal creature to 0 or fewer hit points with a firearm attack, she gains 2 grit points, instead of 1. The normal restrictions for gaining grit points as a result of dealing a killing blow with a firearm apply, as normal.
This ability modifies the grit class feature.
Blessed Weapon (Ex): Beginning at 3rd level, a devoted marksman with least 1 grit point can spend a move action to infuse her gun with holy power. Until the beginning of her next turn, she gains a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls made against infernal creatures. Additionally, her gun is treated as a good-aligned weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 5th level, and every two levels thereafter, the bonus to damage rolls (but not attack rolls) increases by +1 (to a maximum of +10 at 19th level).
This ability replaces the pistol whip deed.
Fury of the Gun (Ex): Beginning at 19th level, a devoted marksman’s bond to her weapon becomes so strong that she can imbue her will to destroy infernal creatures into the bullets she fires. As a standard action, she may spend 2 grit points in order to immediately make a single firearm attack at her highest base attack bonus. If the attack hits, and the target is an infernal creature, it must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 10 + damage dealt), or suffer 10 points of damage for each gunslinger level the devoted marksman possesses. If the target is not an infernal creature, there is no special effect, and the ability is wasted (the attack still deals normal damage). The gunslinger cannot gain any grit points as a result of using this ability, even if it reduces the target to 0 or fewer hit points. This is a death effect.
This ability replaces the death’s shot deed.

Nickthef
2019-02-13, 10:13 AM
okay this is hella cool i might use this actually

Ranged Ranger
2019-02-15, 07:39 PM
Glad you liked it! I really loved Gritty Insight and Blessed Weapon, but didn't want to deal with the Sutra Magic system (which I could not make heads or tail of)... Took me a while to think of an appropriate substitute, but I got there....