PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Jumpy - New Flaw

Ranged Ranger
2019-02-15, 09:36 AM
Jumpy
You are easily startled and frightened.
Effect: You take a –4 penalty on saves against fear affects.
Special: If you gain a class feature that would normally make you immune to fear affects, it instead reduces this penalty by 2. If you would gain fear immunity through any other means, you may choose either to not gain the immunity or to loose access to the feat this flaw provided until the immunity expires.

PEACHes?

Unavenger
2019-02-17, 06:33 AM
Like a lot of flaws, it's basically a free feat. I would probably take this over most of the other ones. Really, flaws should be more in the range of the -6 to initiative flaw or the -1 hit point per level flaw, where they provide issues that you're always going to care about.

JNAProductions
2019-02-17, 12:27 PM
Like a lot of flaws, it's basically a free feat. I would probably take this over most of the other ones. Really, flaws should be more in the range of the -6 to initiative flaw or the -1 hit point per level flaw, where they provide issues that you're always going to care about.

While a -4 penalty might not be major, the inability to ever be immune to fear seems pretty substantial.

Unavenger
2019-02-17, 02:57 PM
While a -4 penalty might not be major, the inability to ever be immune to fear seems pretty substantial.

Not... really? I mean, craven rogues were never gonna care, but also I can't remember the last time I ever cared about fear effects.

noob
2019-02-17, 03:10 PM

It is immunity to immunities granted by class features.
However feel free to be undead or to have a spell that makes you immune to fear or whatever makes you immune to fear that is not a class.

JNAProductions
2019-02-17, 03:10 PM
However feel free to be undead or to have a spell that makes you immune to fear or whatever makes you immune to fear that is not a class.

Ah, good point.

noob
2019-02-17, 03:14 PM
However making so that when you get immunity to fear effects you then have to relinquish a feat would be fair.

Ranged Ranger
2019-02-17, 05:53 PM
Thanks everyone for the feed back...

Some how I managed to forget other means of gaining immunities....

However making so that when you get immunity to fear effects you then have to relinquish a feat would be fair.
Added...