PDA

View Full Version : And they said D&D was gory enough... New Spells!

Ertier
2007-09-26, 09:51 PM
Hey could I get some feedback on a new spell:

Blood Feast
Necromancy
Level: Sor/Wiz 4
Components: S, V and M
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched with blood and/or flesh (No constructs, incorporeal, plant, elemental and some undead creatures and outsiders.)
Duration: Instantaneous, See Text
Saving Throw: Fortitude (Special)
SR: No

Blood Feast is a devious spell that rips some (or most) of the blood and/or vital tissue from an opponent. It deals damage equal to 1d4 per level (Max. 15d4) + 1/per 2 levels (Max. 10). One point per Caster Level of the damage dealt cannot be repaired by non-magical means, and even magical means must bypass SR Equal to 10 + Caster Level, this effect ends if damage is successfully cured or a number of days equal to your CL pass. Half the damage that is uncurable is gained as temporary hitpoints. A living creature may attempt a Fotitude Save to negate any damage, however is sickened, if succesful, for the rest of the round (creatures who fail aren't sickened). Undead aren't allowed a saving throw. This spell doesn't affect creatures without flesh or blood i.e. constructs.

Material Component:
Bone Dust

Edit 1: Edited to 4th level and pumped up...

Tengu
2007-09-26, 10:00 PM
Are creatures who failed the saving throw sickened too?

Hmm, the spell overall seems a bit strong for level 3, but a bit weak for level 4... I'd guess that, since damage-dealing is not that much of hot stuff, it could remain at level 3.

The name is a bit misguiding - for a thing named Blood Feast, one would expect the caster to benefit from the effect by drinking the blood, or something along these lines.

Hecore
2007-09-27, 01:28 AM
What about Flesh Golems? :wink:

You could bump the spell up to the 4th level and also add: 'Whenever Blood Feast deals damage to a creature, the caster gains 1d4 + 4 temporary hitpoints.' It'd help with the flavor.

Or you could name it something like 'Phlebotomy'.