PDA

View Full Version : I give in... Versus Galore!

Kaelaroth
2007-09-27, 02:49 PM
OK:

Storm vs. Nightcrawler
X-23 vs. Emma Frost
Invisible Woman vs. Cloak
AoA Rogue vs. Ms.Marvel (not with Binary jazz)
Apocalypse vs. The Hulk (before WWH)
The Vision vs. Quicksilver
Wiccan vs. Nico Minoru

Well?

Grod_The_Giant
2007-09-27, 03:03 PM
OK:

Storm vs. Nightcrawler
X-23 vs. Emma Frost
Invisible Woman vs. Cloak
AoA Rogue vs. Ms.Marvel (not with Binary jazz)
Apocalypse vs. The Hulk
The Vision vs. Quicksilver
Wiccan vs. Nico Minoru

Well?

Nightcrawler
Frost
Invisible Woman
Rogue
Hulk
Vision
???

WitchSlayer
2007-09-27, 09:13 PM
Can I add one?
Taskmaster vs The Punisher

feghoot
2007-09-27, 10:54 PM
do you mean the "classic" hulk or the "world war" hulk?

Logic
2007-09-28, 12:49 AM
Can I add one?
Taskmaster vs The Punisher

Sorry, but Punisher would win. Despite the fact that he is a villianous man, people love to read a story about a villian getting all the pain and anguish he caused put back onto him ten-fold. No writer would ever allow Taskmaster to win. Punisher is the best example of a vigilante. He takes the law into his own hands, and removes those that break the law and those that the law does little to nothing to stop them.

kpenguin
2007-09-28, 12:53 AM
Garfield vs. Snoopy

Green Bean
2007-09-28, 08:02 AM
Garfield vs. Snoopy

How is that even a contest? Snoopy would eat Garfield alive.

Kaelaroth
2007-09-28, 10:47 AM
Snoopy kicks ass.

I was referring to the original Hulk. I'm gonna make that clear....

*goes off to edit*

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-28, 11:34 AM
Nightcrawler
Emma Frost
Invisible Woman
Ms.Marvel (not with Binary jazz)
Apocalypse vs.
The Vision
Nico Minoru
Task master

GoC
2007-09-28, 01:33 PM
Apocalypse vs. The Hulk (before WWH)

Apocalypse (both before and after WWH)

feghoot
2007-09-28, 02:25 PM
I was referring to the original Hulk. I'm gonna make that clear....

*goes off to edit*

In that case, I'm going with the big A.

WitchSlayer
2007-09-28, 06:25 PM
Sorry, but Punisher would win. Despite the fact that he is a villianous man, people love to read a story about a villian getting all the pain and anguish he caused put back onto him ten-fold. No writer would ever allow Taskmaster to win. Punisher is the best example of a vigilante. He takes the law into his own hands, and removes those that break the law and those that the law does little to nothing to stop them.

Good, because I prefer the Punisher anyway.

sealemon
2007-09-28, 07:08 PM
Batman vs. Taskmaster. "If Batman's prepared" verses "I can do anything you can do if I see you do it...once". Would be a fun fight.

WWH vs...I dunno...Silver Surfer, perhaps? Superman? Who the hell can BEAT this guy now?

2007-09-28, 08:28 PM
Deapool Vs. Punisher
Deapool Vs. Jonny Storm
Deadpool Vs. Wolverine
Deapool Vs. Gambit

(I say Deadpool wins them all... but I'm biased)

Idiotbox90
2007-09-28, 08:42 PM
Abraham Lincoln's beard vs. Martin Van Buren's mutton chops. The chops have numbers on their side, but the beard won the American Civil War.

WitchSlayer
2007-09-29, 01:50 AM
Deapool Vs. Punisher
Deapool Vs. Jonny Storm
Deadpool Vs. Wolverine
Deapool Vs. Gambit

(I say Deadpool wins them all... but I'm biased)
Deadpool loses all of them, seriously, hes a great character, but how can he hit Johnny Storm? He can't fly.

2007-09-29, 11:12 AM
Deadpool loses all of them, seriously, hes a great character, but how can he hit Johnny Storm? He can't fly.

Heat seeking missiles.

And he can teleport. I'm sure Deadpool wouldn't mind teleporting staight up onto Storm's bacl and strangling him.

EDIT: And he's been shown to take out Wolverine in an actual comic, Wolverine's comic as a matter of fact.

WitchSlayer
2007-09-29, 02:54 PM
Heat seeking missiles.

And he can teleport. I'm sure Deadpool wouldn't mind teleporting staight up onto Storm's bacl and strangling him.

EDIT: And he's been shown to take out Wolverine in an actual comic, Wolverine's comic as a matter of fact.

And wolverine chopped off Deadpool's head, in his own comic in fact. Also Johnny Storm would just go Nova or whatever and melt Deadpool.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-09-29, 04:48 PM
Abraham Lincoln's beard vs. Martin Van Buren's mutton chops. The chops have numbers on their side, but the beard won the American Civil War.

I'll go with the beard

GoC
2007-09-29, 09:26 PM
Batman vs. Taskmaster. "If Batman's prepared" verses "I can do anything you can do if I see you do it...once". Would be a fun fight.

WWH vs...I dunno...Silver Surfer, perhaps? Superman? Who the hell can BEAT this guy now?
Let's see (in order of power)...
Silver Surfer
Dr. Strange (his loss was a bit of a fluke)
Superboy-Prime/pre-crisis Superman
The Phantom Stranger
Galactus
The Antimonitor
The Spectre
The Pheonix
The Living Tribunal
The Squirrel Girl

Hmm...
Can't seem to think of any non-cosmic entities...

The same way the Hulk would beat Iron man. :\

Foeofthelance
2007-09-29, 11:41 PM

Actually, WWH beat the Surfer back in Planet Hulk, and that was before Sakaar got nuked. As he is now? The Power Cosmis better call the Pheonix, because it'd get stomped by the Power Gamma.

kpenguin
2007-09-30, 12:05 AM
Actually, WWH beat the Surfer back in Planet Hulk, and that was before Sakaar got nuked. As he is now? The Power Cosmis better call the Pheonix, because it'd get stomped by the Power Gamma.

WTF?! Iron Man I can take. The entire FF I can swallow. Even beating Strange is semi-believable. But the SILVER SURFER?! I think we can add World War Hulk to the list of overpowered characters now.

WitchSlayer
2007-09-30, 12:29 AM

To be fair, Silver Surfer was weakened from the trip through the portal, and he was outnumbered. But yeah WWH is pretty ****ing powerful now.

2007-09-30, 09:07 PM
And wolverine chopped off Deadpool's head, in his own comic in fact. Also Johnny Storm would just go Nova or whatever and melt Deadpool.

Deadpool would snipe Jonny.

And something like getting his head sliced off wouldn't even slow Wade down.

WitchSlayer
2007-10-01, 12:11 AM
Deadpool would snipe Jonny.

And something like getting his head sliced off wouldn't even slow Wade down.

Except.. It did. Don't you read Cable and Deadpool? Wolverine chopped off Deadpools head and his brain would've rotted if it wasn't for Bob, Agent of HYDRA (Best character ever right there)

GoC
2007-10-01, 09:39 AM

:smallconfused:
It's official. Marvel's writers are all brainless zombies and 4 year olds.:smallannoyed:

Ethrael
2007-10-01, 03:10 PM
Storm
X-23 (just)
Invisible Woman
???
Apocalypse
Vision
Nico (*pulls out Staff of One* "Cut off his head!!!!!")

2007-10-02, 08:46 PM
Except.. It did. Don't you read Cable and Deadpool? Wolverine chopped off Deadpools head and his brain would've rotted if it wasn't for Bob, Agent of HYDRA (Best character ever right there)

What!? When did this happen? It must've been recently, right?

WitchSlayer
2007-10-02, 09:37 PM
What!? When did this happen? It must've been recently, right?

Indeed it was.

Kaelaroth
2007-10-03, 11:13 AM
Nico (*pulls out Staff of One* "Cut off his head!!!!!")

Wiccan: Iwishthestaffdidn'tworkIwishthestaffdidn'tworkIwis hthestaffdidn'tworkIwishthestaffdidn'twork....
Nico: Oh. :smalleek:
Wiccan: IwishsheexplodesIwishsheexplodesIwishsheexplodesIw ishsheexplodes.... :smallamused:

Lord of the Helms
2007-10-03, 12:47 PM
It's official. Marvel's writers are all brainless zombies and 4 year olds.:smallannoyed:

Relax and read the comic in question, it clarifies that:

1. The Silver Surfer was unable to access his Power Cosmic due to the control disc he was implanted with and
2. He was significantly weakened by the portal, which kills almost every being that comes through it (Hulk and the Surfer being among the few creatures to survive the trip)

And the Surfer still decidedly had the upper hand against Hulk, being only defeated due to the teamwork of Hulk and his Warbound, and was only knocked down for like a half-minute to walk away from the fight unscathed. So if anything, Marvel upped the ante for the Surfer's powers.

As for the current War Hulk, only the power of plot can beat him now. Realistically, there's Sentry (ultra-vague but decidedly absurd power levels), Odinforce-Thor, and a joint effort of the rest of the original Defenders.

Jerthanis
2007-10-03, 01:10 PM
Wiccan: Iwishthestaffdidn'tworkIwishthestaffdidn'tworkIwis hthestaffdidn'tworkIwishthestaffdidn'twork....
Nico: Oh. :smalleek:
Wiccan: IwishsheexplodesIwishsheexplodesIwishsheexplodesIw ishsheexplodes.... :smallamused:

I agree... I love the Runaways way more than the Young Avengers, but it seems like the Young Avengers were created on the Runaways mold, but with better powers. Nico can do anything she can vocalize once as long as she's holding her staff, Wiccan can do anything he can vocalize as many times as he wants. The comic makes a big deal about Wiccan's spells not always working, or being unreliable, but I've never see him screw anything up, even complicated stuff like teleporting to a place he'd never been before.

On that note...
Patriot vs Alex Wilder?
Vision 2 vs Victor?
Hawkeye vs Chase?
Stature vs Gert/Old Lace?
Hulkling versus Molly? (only close fight in my mind)

I'd say the Young Avengers win in every confrontation. They're just built on more points. If you look at their bios included in the backs of some trade paperbacks, the Young Avengers outclass the Runaways in practically every way (Including Hulkling having twice the strength score Molly is given, despite the fact that Molly went toe-to-toe with Wolverine and Iron Man in one issue and actually ripped Cloak's Cloak off an act which should be impossible.)

Grod_The_Giant
2007-10-03, 01:52 PM
Molly went toe-to-toe with Wolverine

who does not actually have super-human strength.

Kaelaroth
2007-10-03, 02:30 PM
Yes, but according to recent reviews Molly's power has been revised. She gains invulnerability, endurance, stamina and practically unearthly strength, followed by fatigue. So.... she could easily take down Wolverine and the Punisher... and Hulkling probably has the whole "can't hit a little girl" thingummy. She has "AAAAAH!" *smack*

Jerthanis' points: (those in bold win)
Patriot vs Alex Wilder?
Vision 2 vs Victor?
Hawkeye vs Chase?
Stature vs Gert/Old Lace?
Hulkling versus Molly? (only close fight in my mind)

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-03, 02:30 PM
Wrong.

They're all Skrulls.

WitchSlayer
2007-10-03, 05:53 PM
Ozymandias (Watchmen) vs V (V for Vendetta) vs Batman (Batman) vs Mr. Fantastic (Fantastic 4). Four way free for all, battle of the planners and prep people.

2007-10-03, 07:42 PM
Indeed it was.

Like, issue number?

Grod_The_Giant
2007-10-03, 07:49 PM
Wrong.

They're all Skrulls.

LOL

Ozymandias (Watchmen) vs V (V for Vendetta) vs Batman (Batman) vs Mr. Fantastic (Fantastic 4). Four way free for all, battle of the planners and prep people.

Mr. Fantastic. He's the only one with superpowers besides being smart.

2007-10-03, 10:15 PM
LOL

Mr. Fantastic. He's the only one with superpowers besides being smart.

Yeah, only one of those that could even compete would be Bats, and Reed is really nearly invincible when you think about it.

kpenguin
2007-10-04, 04:47 AM
Bats could apply his anti-Plastic Man strategy on Reed.

Also, Reed really isn't that smart beyond science. The other three are.

Dhavaer
2007-10-04, 06:27 AM
The Saint of Killers vs. everyone else.

GoC
2007-10-04, 09:34 AM
The Saint of Killers vs. everyone else.

Squirrel girl followed by Batman.

Kaelaroth
2007-10-04, 11:05 AM
OK, I have more:

Moonstone vs. Gravity
The Sentry vs. Dr. Strange
The Human Torch vs. Quicksilver (current incarnation)
Speed vs. Hulkling
Wonder Woman vs. Ms. Marvel (not with Binary Jazz)
Dazzler vs. Dr. Light
Raven (TT) vs. The Shadow King
Isiah Bradley vs. Patriot
Storm vs. Gambit
Iceman vs. Elixir
Armor vs. Marrow

Well?

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-04, 11:19 AM
Moonstone
Dr. Strange
The Human Torch )
Hulkling
Ms. Marvel (not with Binary Jazz)
Dr. Light
Raven (TT)
. Patriot
Storm
Elixir
Armor

Ethrael
2007-10-04, 01:04 PM
Here's a little test for you, try repeating TheStaffOfOnewillnotwork... for as long as you can and see how long it takes you to do that compared to saying Burn or Freeze. It has been pointed out many times by other characters that Wiccan's spells take a very long time to act, and he has to concentrate.

i can only comment on the ones I know more about:

Storm vs. Gambit
Iceman vs. Elixir
Armor vs. Marrow
Storm
Elixir
Armor

Grod_The_Giant
2007-10-04, 02:01 PM
Moonstone vs. Gravity
The Sentry vs. Dr. Strange
The Human Torch vs. Quicksilver (current incarnation)
Speed vs. Hulkling
Wonder Woman vs. Ms. Marvel (not with Binary Jazz)
Dazzler vs. Dr. Light
Raven (TT) vs. The Shadow King
Isiah Bradley vs. Patriot
Storm vs. Gambit
Iceman vs. Elixir
Armor vs. Marrow

No idea
No idea, but a slight favor on Sentry
Quicksilver if he can do the Flash trick of using a cyclone to suck oxygen away from a fire, Human Torch if not
No idea
Wonder Woman by far
Shadow King
Bradly, since I doubt a kid hero could beat up he legendary iconic grandpa (or whatever)
Storm
Iceman
Armor

W Herzog Zwei
2007-10-05, 01:08 PM
I got one!

The Ambush Bug vs. John Byrne who has written himself into the comic.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-10-05, 01:49 PM
I got one!

The Ambush Bug vs. John Byrne who has written himself into the comic.

ambush bug- I think most long-time fans want Byrne to get his @$$ whupped for all the continuity mix-ups he caused.

Witchhunter
2007-10-06, 11:02 PM

Now that is a cool battle. I think Reed is out first. He's probably the most intelligent of them all, but he's not the wisest guy in the bunch. His years of ignoring Sue are proof of that. And missing that your wife has gone over to the Super-Human Resistance? No, Reed's not a wise man.

V is out next. He's brilliant and cunning, but he's not to the super-human cunning levels that Batman and Ozymandias are at. For example, could V create something like Brother Eye? No.

Then, it's down to Batman and Ozymandias. Ozymandias has shown near-superhuman levels of fighting ability (he beat Rorschach and Nite-Owl handily), so he starts off by kicking Batman's ass all over the place. But Batman reaches deep down at ends up with some kind of trick or figures something out and turns the tables on Ozymandias. Then, as Batman kneels over Ozymandias and holds him by his shirt collar, Ozymandias grins through broken teeth and tells Batman something that makes him side with Ozymandias. Batman reluctantly lets go of Ozymandias and joins whatever labyrinthine scheme Ozymandias has drummed up.

WitchSlayer
2007-10-07, 03:47 AM
But in the comic book, I would say he had superpowers. After all he could penetrate people with his FINGERS. How cool is THAT?!

Dhavaer
2007-10-07, 04:57 AM
But in the comic book, I would say he had superpowers. After all he could penetrate people with his FINGERS. How cool is THAT?!

This is a family friendly forum. Penetration with fingers isn't on the cards here.

Edit: It's not nearly amazing enough to be a superpower, either.

Finn Solomon
2007-10-07, 06:41 AM
Does Colossus conduct electricity? After all, his flesh turns into steel. Someone like Electro could knock him out with one gesture, right?

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-07, 06:47 AM

You mean like wolverine.

Organic Steels like Osmium.

Finn Solomon
2007-10-07, 06:52 AM
Nah, organic steel's as dense as osmium, doesn't mean it's non-conducive.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-10-07, 08:28 AM
he MIGHT be magnetic, though...meaning he's in trouble against Magneto.

W Herzog Zwei
2007-10-07, 11:09 AM
Colossus is magnetic, that fact has been shown to us in multiple Magneto storylines.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-07, 11:15 AM
Cyclops vs Iceman
Cyclops vs Beast
Cyclops vs Jean Grey
Cyclops vs Angel

Angel VS Beast
Angel VS Jean Grey
Angel VS Iceman

Iceman VS Beast
Iceman VS Jean Grey

Jean Grey VS Beast

Kaelaroth
2007-10-08, 01:34 PM
Those in bold win, in my opinion:

Cyclops vs Iceman
Cyclops vs Beast
Cyclops vs Jean Grey
Cyclops vs Angel

Angel VS Beast
Angel VS Jean Grey
Angel VS Iceman

Iceman VS Beast
Iceman VS Jean Grey

Jean Grey VS Beast

OK, here are some new ones from me:

Damien Tryp vs. The Martian Manhunter
The Blue Beetle vs. Araņa
Arachne vs. Ultimate Black Cat
Elektra vs. Toad
Strong Guy vs. Ultimate Psylocke
The High Evolutionary vs. Dark Beast
Nate Grey vs. Apocalypse
Wonder Woman vs. Batman
The Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) vs. Namor
Mystique vs. Ultimate Elektra
Ultimate Emma Frost vs. Ultimate Mary Jane (with OZ)

So...?

Grod_The_Giant
2007-10-08, 02:08 PM
no idea who Damien is, so I can't call this one
Araņa
Arachne
Elektra
Psylocke
The High Evolutionary
Nate Grey
Wonder Woman
Namor