PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun 4th - In the beginning(IC)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

lawful_evil
2008-04-11, 05:59 AM
Onyx

When Sabrina pulls the van in front of him, he lowers his weapon. He can hear some sort of weird noise but isn't sure exactly what it is until he turns to look at Damien. Seeing him futzing with his commlink makes Onyx realize that Damien is going to use his drones. Onyx rushes out and opens the rear doors of the van so the drones can deploy. Once open, he steps aside to let them deploy, taking cover behind the open van door((BB 35))

{{ DM hand puppet action for Onyx }}

Zaranthan
2008-04-11, 03:16 PM
Felix strolls up to the van and climbs in like he owns the place. The wire in his head lights up with multicolored sparkles as he starts patching into the vehicle's systems.

{{2 Simple actions: Subscribe to van, load Maneuver 3 Autosoft}}

Destro_Yersul
2008-04-11, 03:47 PM
[Oh, and before you freak out, that's Felix. He's an old friend from college. Good with computers.] Damien adds over the team Comm, just in case anyone was concerned about the as yet unidentified guy climbing into the van.

The little drone should be on its way over by now. Yay!

Santanya
2008-04-14, 12:57 PM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip picks himself up off the ground, spitting out cursing at the woman. "Not everyone who looks different is a demon demon you, snolu es ileni, sqeymu melme." he growls at her, glaring at her through bloodshot eyes. Yelling at the top of his lungs, "OFFICERS! This woman is attacking people out here! She came running as the trouble was going on in in there!" He reaches back, trying to pull Sabrina away from the woman.

Con: 10 Dice normally (5 skill + 5 charisma) - 4 (2x the dice loss due to nausea, thanks to the pepper spray...) = 6 dice

6D6: [6, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3] = 4 hits

lawful_evil
2008-04-14, 05:51 PM
Round 8 :

Onyx rushes around to open the back door for Damien, taking cover behind its bulk, but continuing to cover the pepper spray woman. Felix rushes over to the van. As he does he steps right in front of a car moving, hastily, towards the exit. The vehicle slams on its brakes and doesn't hit him. The driver looks like he might though. When Felix gets to the van he subscribes to the public channel, but won't be able to drive the van without an authorized user granting him access or him hacking in.

Sabrina runs across the lot and attacks the woman with the pepper spray. Her attack is fairly futile and the woman easily turns her slap aside.

She raises the pepper spray to juice Sabrina and Onyx pops a pair of caps. The first shot seems to only graze her arm, but the second one hits her in the chest. She twists, falling to the ground, dropping her spray container next the her own blood pool as it forms. Several people downrange from his shots dive for cover behind vehicles. The man, who was peppered with Sinkalip, also starts to crawl away.

The cops move out of the starbucks and take cover behind their own patrol car and the newly stopped vehicle, drawing their weapons. Their focus is clearly on Onyx and his shooting activities. Sinkalip gives a convincing yell, but with a shooter nearby, they've ignored his request, at least for now. In turn the cops yell, "Drop the weapon and step away from the vehicle."

Damien gets one of his drones going and out of the van. {{ Which drone? I've marked with an "X" on the map. Let me know where it moves too. }}

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L3_5.jpg)

(36 seconds to go...)

dauphinous
2008-04-14, 08:37 PM
Sabrina

"Masmnec!" Sabrina lets Sinkalip pull her aside and she puts her hands up in surprise. Before she can do anything really stupid, she does the smartest thing she can think of. Which is to act like a regular person. "Ohmygoddidyouseethat?!" She clutches at Sinkalip's sleeve and hides behind him, trying to pull him away from the woman bleeding on the pavement.

She whispers to Sinkalip, "what the hell did he do that for?"

lawful_evil
2008-04-15, 03:37 PM
Onyx

{{ More DM hand puppet action... }}

Onyx, still behind the van door, raises his hand in the air, so they are visible to the cops and says, "Don't Shoot! I was... just...shooting that... um.. insect shaman. Yeah, she cast a bunch of spells and stuff and was going to summon some kind of caffeine crazed monster."

{{ Insert secret DM "con" roll here }}

Destro_Yersul
2008-04-15, 04:11 PM
((It's the evening mist. It's going to roll over to behind the cops whilst they are distracted and start spewing fog. Should be fun.))

Damien gives the drone a few orders and grins as it scurries off. He punches in the van's command codes, granting Felix access, then grabs his medkit from the back of the van and heads towards the fallen woman. He, for one, does not want dead civilians on his hands.

Santanya
2008-04-15, 04:53 PM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip pulls Sabrina away from the woman on the ground. He murmurs quietly as he peers back towards her.

Just moving, at this point having a 4 dice penalty and 8 boxes of stun damage would make it stupid for him to try anything.

Zaranthan
2008-04-15, 07:48 PM
Felix plasters his best sheepish smirk across his face. "Thanks. For my next act, I'll smear white-out on my AR overlay and polish my 'link to make it go faster."

{{Loading the autosoft, and this time I mean it.}}

lawful_evil
2008-04-18, 06:55 PM
Round 9 :

Damien rolls out the drone and commands it to hook around behind the cops. Damien rushes over to the van and starts digging out of the back. The shifting weight of the van causes the rear door to start to swing and expose Onyx. He grabs the door, holding it open for cover.

The cops decide they don't believe his story and one says, "He's going for something, drop him." The cops open fire, aiming at Onyx's exposed legs, but the skinny elf manages to dance enough to avoid the shots.

Doing his best to avoid getting shot and to avoid shooting the cops, Onyx runs around the front Damien's van and hops on his motorcycle. He spreads rubber on the ground and spews smoke from his bike and rides off and around the corner.

Sabrina and Sinkalip stagger towards the van as Felix and Damien play in the back.

{{ Drone is at AS45 }}
{{ Critical Glitch on the con check... }}
{{ Cops each get 1 hit on one shot. Onyx Dodges, easily. }}

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L3_6.jpg)

(33 seconds to go...)

Destro_Yersul
2008-04-19, 01:43 AM
Alright, my small metallic friend... Damien grins and hits the command button on his commlink once the drone reaches AR42. This will cause it to start spewing fog, probably messing with the cops. Once he's got his medkit up he'll go over to have a look at Sin as well.

dauphinous
2008-04-19, 09:53 AM
Sabrina

Sabrina scans the area, wondering if there is any way in which she can possibly add to the chaos at this point. At least Onyx is doing something sort of useful. In a way. A way that's very similar to fleeing, but maybe the cops will try to follow...him...oh...oh drek.

She lets go of Sin and starts rushing over to the closest of the two cops, calling forth tears on cue. "Oh my god! Thank god you were here! That woman just attacked my friend for no reason! It was really scary. I've never seen anyone get shot before," she wails.
Sabrina, on the other hand, has 11 dice for Con the first time she meets someone. 10 because she's still stunned. Looking to fulfill the role of damsel who needs cop help to get a grip.
Con: 4 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=4967), or 3 if you feel First Impression should not apply to this test.

Zaranthan
2008-04-19, 06:44 PM
Felix jumps at the commotion outside. "Slot!" What on earth are they up to out there? He shakes his head a few times, pulls the door shut beside him, and focuses back on his interface. Better be ready for trouble. He reclines the seat back slightly, fastens and tightens the seat belt, lays back, and falls completely limp.

{{
Loading up my Command program. System load: 1/5. Also, switching to Hot Sim VR to get myself running faster. I've got a lot more software to connect up, and it looks like we'll need it in a hurry.
}}

lawful_evil
2008-04-21, 07:29 PM
Round 10 :

Onyx continues to accelerate away, firing a couple random shots at the cops and the front of the building in an effort to keep their heads down. The cops, for their part, don't fall for it. They both fire a couple shots at the punk on his motorcycle. Onyx manages to catch one of the bullets in the side but doesn't lose control of the bike.

Damien maneuvers the drone right up to the feet of the cops, who are focused on Onyx. He activates the smokescreen and the drone starts to spew thick opaque smoke. Sabrina, in the middle of rushing over to play on the cops sympathetic side stops short at the gunfire and thick smoke cloud which engulfs the two officers.

Felix relaxes into the seat, loading his fancy software, while Sinkalip climbs across and into the van. Onyx starts to weave and twist, in an effort to make it harder for the cops to hit him again.

Initiatives :

Onyx 10 + 4 = 14 (3 boxes of damage)
Cop (2) 8+4 = 12
Cop (C) 8+4 = 12
Damien 8+3 = 11
Sabrina 7+3 = 10
Felix 7+2 = 9

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L3_7.jpg)

(30 seconds to go)

dauphinous
2008-04-21, 07:55 PM
Sabrina

No acting is required to provide a realistic amount of surprise at the gunfire and smoke. Sabrina ducks and skitters to the side, still maintaining her panicking bystander persona. She starts scurrying away from the scene, considering her options for causing a little more trouble.

To Damien: [I'll meet you up the street. I don't think it's in my best interest to get back into the van at this point.]

Sorry, keep forgetting to roll init: 7 + 2 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=4976) = 9
Move towards the building, then head away from the cops (up on the map)

Destro_Yersul
2008-04-21, 11:43 PM
[Great. Bring my drone if it needs to go faster.] Damien opens another channel to Onyx, whilst simultaneously telling the drone to head for the van. [Only 17 seconds left. think you can keep them distracted that long?] He looks over his shoulder at Felix. Sabrina is going to jump in on the street. Fire her up and let's get the hell out of dodge!

Zaranthan
2008-04-22, 12:36 AM
Felix manages to catch most of Damien's words through the VR fog. [[Natch.]] He fires up the van's sensors and tells it to pull out of the parking spot, then loads up his agent with a comm scanner, telling it to scan everything in range for Lone Star signals.

Ah, micromanagement! *cracks knuckles*

VR applies a hefty -6 dice penalty to Perception tests, reducing Felix's roll to a "mere" 5 dice. 1 hit (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=4979) should be enough to pick up Damien's comment through the virtual tingling.

The Agent is rating 3, so it'll roll 6 dice to sweep every node within 4 kilometers looking for Lone Star signatures.

Hot sim gives me three initiative passes, so:
Initiative: 12 (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=4980)
1: Load Agent
2: Load Scan (into agent)
3: Activate Sensors (Free), Order Van (Simple), Order Agent (Simple)

Current System load: 3/5
Current Subscription list: 4/10
-Agent
-Van
-Eyes (even though they're closed)
-Ears

lawful_evil
2008-04-22, 07:26 AM
Round 11 :

Onyx doesn't respond to Damien, at least not right away. He does continue to accelerate away. One of the cops fires at him again in spite of the billowing smoke. The other cop fires at the drone, attempting to get it to stop.

{{ Drone takes 1 box from the first shot. Drone takes 3 boxes from the second shot. }}

Damien starts to roll it away through the ever growing fog cloud. At the continued gun fire, Sabrina side steps to take cover behind the corner of the building while mentally planning her escape route.

{{ There is a low fence along the edge of the parking lot which will have to be hopped(Gymnastics + Agility, threshold 1) or climbed over(strength + climbing, threshold 1) }}

Felix fires up the van and activates his agent and starts to back up. The rear doors, which are still open swing wildly as the van starts to move.

(27 seconds to go)

Destro_Yersul
2008-04-22, 09:15 AM
Oy! No shooting the drone! Damien waits to shut the doors, so Sabrina can get in easier. He spends a few seconds wishing he'd given the drone a gun somehow. He continues feeding it directions as well, mostly so it'll get to where it needs to be for him to be able to scoop it up. Thankfully his gun is in a place where it's easy to draw, so he can get at it if he really needs to.

dauphinous
2008-04-22, 12:26 PM
Sabrina

To Damien: [Have we done enough?]

I need to get a real gun with real bullets. Sabrina runs over to the van and steps inside, pulling the door shut behind herself. "Dammit. What did that slitch spritz you with, Sin?" She grabs for her bag, pulling out the medkit to see about taking care of whatever is wrong with her brother. She doesn't even register the strange man sitting in the driver's seat, or that Damien obviously isn't jacked in right now.

Zaranthan
2008-04-22, 03:00 PM
Felix rouses himself from the digital world, then plots a course for the NE parking lot exit avoiding the fallen pedestrian.

Free action to switch back to AR and a Simple action to direct the van around the traffic at the stoplight.

My agent throws 1 hit (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=4985) toward picking out any hidden nodes.

Santanya
2008-04-23, 11:29 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip frowns, trying to wipe his face off. "Pepper spray," he growls. Through bloodshot eyes he glares out of the van towards the officers. "One last thing," he says as his hair seems to bristle and fade to a deep tan color.

Casting Orgasm on one of the officers Force level 6
Spellcasting: 10-4: 6 Dice: [6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1] (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=4989): 2 hits
Drain Value: (6/2)-2=1
Resist: Just buying the resist, should still have 5 dice for it.

lawful_evil
2008-04-23, 08:11 PM
Round 12 :

Sabrina gets her medkit ready to use on her brother while Sinkalip blows another spell on the cops, so to speak. Damien rolls the smoker right up the back of the van, but will have to lift the thing up into the van manually. Felix holds his position while waiting for Damien to load his toys and close the doors.

The sensors report that quite a few vehicles nearby are all starting up as the customers finally reach their vehicles to flee the scene. If you don't go soon, you may get stuck at the exit(or forced to drive through the fence).

One of the cops drops out of sight behind the car into the smoke cloud while the other waves his hand around and seems to be talking to himself in a low voice.

Off in the distance you hear the squeal of tires and then Onyx sends back a message. [I'm going to do another drive by. Keep your heads down.]

(24 seconds to go)

Destro_Yersul
2008-04-23, 11:03 PM
[I think we're about to have company. That one cop looks like he's calling for backup] Damien gets the drone onto the van and shuts the rear doors. It should stop spewing smoke now. looks like they shot you up a bit, huh? he leaves the drone on the floor of the van and slides into the passenger's seat.

((I figured it was safe for Damien to assume the cop was not, in fact, merely talking to himself.))

dauphinous
2008-04-24, 06:23 AM
Sabrina

Damien sitting in the passenger seat is what clues Sabrina in to the new person in the driver's seat.

To Damien: [Is this an invited or hostile guest? Do we need to be plotting how to get him out of the van?]

As she sends this, she starts working on Sin. "Oh, yeah. I, uh, should have recognized the effect." Using a clean cloth, she wipes the stuff off his face as carefully as possible, then smears a small amount of blue paste from a tube on his forehead.

There doesn't seem to actually be a way to counter a toxin once it's been delivered, so Sabrina is just trying to help reduce the discomfort and take care of the damage.
First Aid (16 - 2 for awakened, -1 for conditions, -1 wound mod = 12 dice): 1 hit (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=4994), which is a failure but not a glitch. I think you can try again when you fail, so I've just gone ahead and done that.
First Aid, take 2: 4 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=4995), which heals 2 boxes of damage.
Total time for this is 9 seconds (3 rounds).

Destro_Yersul
2008-04-24, 10:03 AM
[Sorry, thought I mentioned it.. this is Felix, he's an old friend from college. Good with computers. He showed up in the wrong place at the wrong time, so we're helping him stop being there.] Damien grins to himself, though he's kind of worried. Still almost half a minute left on the timer... Hey Felix? Can you wait for maybe 20 seconds before burning rubber out of here? Go slow or something, cause I don't want to be stuck in this parking lot.

Zaranthan
2008-04-25, 07:06 PM
Felix sits up and glances at the newly occupied cars with a worried look. "You're the boss, but if we don't move soon, we might not move for a while." He twists around in his seat to face the other passengers. "Hey. The name's Felix and I'll be your chauffeur this eve- ...ow. Is he alright?"

dauphinous
2008-04-25, 08:07 PM
Sabrina

"Ah. Well, then. Hi, Felix. I'm Sabrina, this is Sinkalip. I say we bail. Sin would be a our best bet for doing something now, but he can't. Onyx is going to do a drive-by, and that should be enough. We need to get out of here without anyone realizing all this was us."

lawful_evil
2008-04-26, 07:46 AM
Round 13 and 14 and 15:

Sabrina, ever focused on the task, begins chatting with Felix while she cleans up Sinkalip and administers some drugs. Sinkalip relaxes and lets Sabrina work him over. Damien commands the drone to stop smoking, grabs the drone and loads him in the back and the van and closes the door before hopping in himself. Felix accellerates quickly, but not fast enough to 'burn rubber' and draw attention to van.

As he moves out, the blond with the flashy street racing bike pulls out right in front of him and guns it. She leaves a bit of smoke and a black mark on the pavement and kicks up some small rocks which you can hear ping off the van and the windshield.

Felix gets up to the edge exit and cuts off a stream of cars so that he can exit first. Pulling forward to the edge of the street he simply needs to decide... left or right? The blond went left. Onyx and a stop light are right. As he ponders it, the first shots from Onyx ring out.

(( 18 seconds to go ))

Destro_Yersul
2008-04-26, 10:45 AM
Hope that didn't chip my windshield. Those are expensive... Damien mumbles about the pinging and watches the street. Ok, I sure as hell hope Onyx is up to holding this down for a few more seconds. Let's get out of here. I'm going to take advantage of not having to drive and try to repair the gunshot damage to my drone.

Zaranthan
2008-04-26, 05:27 PM
Felix orders the van to make an aggressive left turn. "Yeah, moving away from bullets now."

Forgot my scanning last round, 4 hits (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=5014). Plus 2 more (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=5015) this turn.

Santanya
2008-04-29, 03:48 PM
Sinkalip

"Not a bad idea," Sin says as he sits letting Sabrina take care of him. "Freelling witch," he grumbles under his breath.

(Not doing anything else unless needed.)

dauphinous
2008-04-29, 06:06 PM
Sabrina

After checking her commlink, Sabrina sighs a little and looks up at Felix. "Take us to 8205 Industrial Way. We've got a half an hour." She finally sits back into one of the seats and straps herself in, completely uncertain how Felix drives. And she rubs the side of her head with a couple of fingers, hoping to massage away the light throbbing behind her eyes.

Message to Onyx: [Sin's pretty messed up and one of Damien's drones is hosed. We're moving out. Drive fast and see you at the Dynatech place.]

lawful_evil
2008-04-29, 07:41 PM
Felx guns it, pulling between two cars which probably shouldn't have been pulled between. One slams on the brakes as Felix crosses traffic and starts heading north into the residential zone.

In the rear view mirror he can see the light changed and traffic is coming up behind him fast.

Onyx fires his weapon at the store front, shooting out the windows and damaging several nearby vehicles. When he looks back he discovers the light changed to red and the car in front of him had stopped. His quick reactions save him and he makes a hard right turn around the corner heading south.

{{ Everyone make a perception test. Felix can make both a physical one and one using the vehicle sensors.

Mods :
Distracted -2
Object not in immediate vicinity -2
Object stands out in some way +2
Damage (as applicable)
Light (None yet)
Vision Enhancements (as applicable)
Total -2
Threshold 2

}}

{{ Also.. what plans for the next 30 minutes? Drone repair? Ritual spirit summoning? Watching Trids?

You stunned people... can roll to recover and get half(round down) the number of boxes after 30 minutes. }}

Zaranthan
2008-04-29, 08:16 PM
Felix grins as the van careens out into traffic. "Nice engine you got in this thing, Damien."

5 hits (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=5028) should be enough to spot things.

As for the future, I'll load up my Analyze program and Mapsoft, and send the van to the next checkpoint. If the Scan turns up any hidden nodes, I'll Analyze them myself.

I've also got some small talk to fill a bit of time, but maybe that should wait for the results of the Perception test.

lawful_evil
2008-04-29, 08:33 PM
About a minute later, Felix(and anyone else lucky enough to make the perception test) notices a small Lonestar ball drone flying along behind the van as it heads north weaving through the residential district.

Its about 40-50 meters back and about 20 meters up in the air.

Santanya
2008-04-30, 12:48 PM
Sin'ka'lip

Sin leans back in the seat, breathing softly for a moment.

Not rolling the perception. Only have 4 dice perfectly healthy, and am at -4 right now, so...

Recovery: 2(Body)+4(Will)=6 dice: [6, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1] (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5038) - 1 hit, halved = no additional healing

Destro_Yersul
2008-04-30, 11:09 PM
Thanks. Damien is currently busy with repairing his drone. Knowing how much he gets engrossed in his work, it's unlikely that he'll notice the drone that isn't his flying along behind them. and hey, he's not being distracted by driving, so he might even be able to fix the drone better this time.

buying 0 hits on the perception test, because I'd only have one dice.

Zaranthan
2008-05-01, 03:04 PM
Felix glances around, checking the roadway ahead and behind. No. He grabs the rear-view mirror and stares at it for a moment, taking a trid picture with his cybereyes. He pulls out his commlink and displays the image on its built-in holoprojector. "I need a favor. Somebody tell me that floating drone following us doesn't have a Lone Star logo on the side. Please."

dauphinous
2008-05-03, 09:19 AM
Sabrina

"I can't help you with that, Felix. It's definitely Star." Sabrina rubs her temple with two fingers, the headache behind it starting to be annoying now that the adrenaline of the last hit is wearing thin. "Can you try to lose it without looking like you're trying to lose it? Drive casual, maybe?"

Zaranthan
2008-05-03, 02:16 PM
"Hmm, alright. My mother used to say, 'two wrongs don't make a right,' but four lefts make a tail." Felix sends the van in a circle around the block, just to verify that the drone is, in fact, tailing us. "Call your trigger-happy friend and have him go around the other way. If it's actually tailing him, I might have a few ideas."

lawful_evil
2008-05-03, 03:12 PM
Felix uses his driving wizardry to make a series of turns to, in fact, prove to himself that the drone is following the van. At each corner the drone slowed a bit and gained altitude and then accelerated and caught up after each turn.

In the residential district there isn't much to impede line of sight for the drone. Whilst driving around in circles, Onyx finally responds to Sabrina's last message, sending back, [Check. I'll be waiting for you nearby.]

Zaranthan
2008-05-03, 04:07 PM
"Hmp. So much for the easy way. Let's try something silly." Felix punches up his mapsoft, looking for nearby tunnels.

{{One that actually gets us closer to where we're going would be nice. How much spare time do we have?}}

Destro_Yersul
2008-05-06, 06:36 PM
Damien mumbles something about dents and wires and continues working on the drone. At some point he's going to have to get better at electronic warfare, so he can hijack other people's drones and make them go away.

lawful_evil
2008-05-12, 07:35 PM
The map autosoft suggests that the direct route from Starbucks to Dynotech should be 21 minutes, but you are not exactly on the direct route. So.. maybe 5-6 minutes of spare time. Of course if you drive fast you can make up some of that time, but you'll have to make some piloting checks.

The map also shows no tunnels, but plenty of overpasses, and nearly tunnels. That is roads that run under elevated highways.

lawful_evil
2008-05-17, 07:15 AM
After a few minutes of driving with the Lone Star drone tailing the van, Onyx calls, "What was that address again? I think my autonav taking me in the wrong direction from what I remember from when we looked at the maps in the apartment."

dauphinous
2008-05-17, 09:54 AM
Sabrina

Sabrina sends the address to Onyx. "Can we maybe just drive around kind of pseudo-aimlessly for a while? I mean, do you think they'd just keep tailing us if it didn't seem like we were doing anything suspicious?"

Destro_Yersul
2008-05-17, 10:15 AM
Wish we could, but we don't really have the time. Let's just lose it under a bridge or something. Damien indicates the evening mist, which he's still repairing. This ought to help with that.

Zaranthan
2008-05-17, 06:45 PM
"A smoke screen, great minds think alike. I don't want it to just fly out for a better angle, so let me get to a more constrained area, then make the sky grey. Oh, and tell our two-wheeled friend to either get ahead of us or take a different route. Traffic is going to get really rough really fast in our wake."

Felix plots a course under one of the elevated highways, and secures himself into the seat once more.

I'm going to jump into the van. My piloting skill defaults to Logic for 4 dice, but my control rig bumps that to 6, plus I can (and will) spend some of my 6 Edge if an important test comes up short.

lawful_evil
2008-05-19, 07:35 PM
93 seconds later, Felix is stopped on a road running under an elevated freeway at a choke point where two nearby building shield the road from the wind. Damien fires up the smoke generator and throws open the rear doors of the van, releasing a huge cloud of smoke and making the rest of the team wish he'd opened the doors first.

After 15 seconds or so a huge cloud exists and the cars behind the van are honking and flashing their lights at the cloud.

Felix hits the gas and Damien powers off the generator and closes the rear doors before all his tools slide out onto the road. Felix accelerates quickly and does his best to put distance and obstacles between the drone and the van as quickly as possible. After a minute or so, no one has seen the drone again.

18 Minutes till you need to be at location 4.

Destro_Yersul
2008-05-19, 11:04 PM
I think that did it. Damien turns around from looking out the back window and makes his way over to just behind the two front seats. We've got 18 minutes, so let's get there fast.

There is, after all, a package delivery to take care of.

dauphinous
2008-05-20, 06:43 AM
Sabrina

Once she's done coughing from the smoke, Sabrina grins. "Brilliant." She does not watch out the front windshield. If this guy is a friend of Damien's , and they're both into driving...well, it seems like maybe the view isn't going to be something she'll enjoy.

"This is the one where we just leave the package on the car, right? Do we have to attack the place, too? Anyone have any more brilliant ideas? Because Sin might as well be passed out on the floor right now."

Zaranthan
2008-05-21, 06:54 PM
Felix's heart skips a beat at the mention of "attacking" anything. He straightens up in the seat, indulges a few late smoky coughs, and twists to see everyone. "You guys have an itinerary of chaos? Is this what you do for fun or something?"

dauphinous
2008-05-21, 07:37 PM
Sabrina

"This is fun," she holds up a fist, "and this is where we are," she holds up her other hand, also in a fist, putting the two as far apart as she can. "But yes, we do have an itinerary of chaos, since you asked."

Zaranthan
2008-05-21, 08:56 PM
"Well, play and work are binary opposites." Felix chuckles softly, "although, that was pretty exhilarating. So, twenty questions time. How much does it pay to be a hooligan, and how many more stops do you have planned?"

Destro_Yersul
2008-05-21, 09:04 PM
Two more after this one. As far as I know, they're paying us a few thousand each. Damien grins. Though next time I think we should let Sabrina do the negotiating.

lawful_evil
2008-05-22, 09:03 PM
Felix urges the van forward attempting to arrive on time. Onyx sends another message to the group, [Did you get my last message? What was that address again? Wasn't it south? The one I have in my commlink has me headed north.]

After a few minutes of driving, Felix rounds the corner onto a fairly wide road in a business district and discovers a small VTOL aircraft hovering about 100 meters ahead about 30 meters up. A descent line dangles from the craft and 2 large bulky armored figures in all black slide down to the center of the street. One more descends as Felix approaches the minor traffic snarl being created by this event.

{{ 12 Minutes to go. }}

dauphinous
2008-05-23, 05:15 AM
Sabrina

Sending the address to Onyx again, and wondering why he didn't get it a minute ago, Sabrina sits slumped in her seat, using the smallest amount of energy possible. "I agree with that. One hundred percent. Does anyone have a real gun I can borrow?"

To Onyx: [Yeah, Renton is south of Bellevue.]

Destro_Yersul
2008-05-23, 05:20 AM
I suppose you could use mine, but I'll be wanting it back when you're done with it. Damien looks up at the aircraft and the descending armoured figures. I sincerely hope those aren't here to be in our way.

dauphinous
2008-05-23, 05:50 AM
Sabrina

"Yeah, because we're such menaces that they need to deploy SWAT to take us out." Sabrina chuckles and starts going through the numbers she has of people who might be able to help her acquire a gun. Preferably on the QT, as it were. "I'll see what I can do about getting my own gun. Later." She rubs two fingers on her temple, the mild headache she has right now too annoying for her to want to talk to anyone she doesn't have to.

Zaranthan
2008-05-23, 05:53 PM
Felix tells the pilot to take it nice and easy, then stares up at the helicopter and gives a long whistle. "That is some pretty hardware."

lawful_evil
2008-05-23, 08:44 PM
Once the 'passengers' have disembarked, the copter retracts the line and rolls around to face down a side street and moves off that way. The three men in black on the ground use their flashy things to bust open the front door of some innocent looking office building on the left side of the road.

Seconds later, traffic moving again.

Zaranthan
2008-05-24, 03:16 PM
Felix lets out another of his signature chuckles. "7:31, several one-man armies airdrop into the middle of the street, local traffic ceases. 7:32, they get to the sidewalk, traffic resumes. God, I love this city."

Destro_Yersul
2008-05-26, 01:07 PM
Yeah. Damien chuckles. Can't surprise people down here anymore, it seems.

Santanya
2008-05-27, 11:31 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip chuckles slightly from the back. "Hey, in a world that dragons are real and hold controlling interests in things, a man with a gun is small potatoes." He shrugs and sits back in his seat, trying to rest and will the effects of the peper spray to go away.

lawful_evil
2008-05-27, 05:00 PM
Felix gets the van moving again. Its slow at first as everyone rubbernecks, but soon enough things get moving. Checking out the office building under seige, reveals few clues about what is going on. The windows are reflective and the few areas of the the lobby which are visible are empty.

Felix keeps steady pressure on the traffic in front of him and finds himself quite close to the destination with a couple minutes to spare. Felix is able to do a casual, full-speed driveby while waiting for the clock to get to 8pm.

19:57 - Dynotech Medical Research

This building is a freestanding three story glass professional building. The parking lot is fenced in(with 3 meter chainlink fencing) and you must pass a single guard. The guard controls a small arm that blocks the entry/exit. There are only 3 vehicles in the parking lot of this large suburban medical center, including the light grey Mercury Sunflare you are supposed to make a delivery to.

Numerous security cameras seem to cover the guard and the parking lot and the building. Edges of the parking lot features numerous small shrubs and bushes.

Onyx commlinks in, [This darn navigation package had me going in the wrong direction. I'm heading there now, but I may be late.]

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-01, 12:46 PM
Ok, I have a plan. Since Onyx is going to be late we can't just start shooting the place up. So how does this sound: Sabrina, you find a way to distract the guard somehow, and Felix and I will take this.. he hefts the magnetic box they need for the Sunflare. and get it planted. Sin, you think you can handle one more spell? We'll need a way to distract the cameras as well, and, to be honest, I think an illusion of some sort is the best we can do with the resources we have.

dauphinous
2008-06-01, 02:24 PM
Sabrina

"Okay, let me drive, then. Or...at least let me sit in the driver's seat. The van can block a lot more visual space than I can. I'll try to get the van into the lot, but if I can't, I'll let you know, and I'll keep him busy as long as I can." Sabrina pulls off her jacket and leaves it lying on the floor, then pulls her t-shirt tight and knots it so it bares some of her midriff and leaves a lot less to the imagination than it normally does. She removes her glasses and swaps them with her stun gun in her jacket pocket.

As soon as she can switch seats with Felix, she does so, and stows the gun in easy reach, but out of sight. Just in case. She looks at Sin, then. "You staying in or getting out?"

Santanya
2008-06-02, 04:17 PM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip opens his bloodshot eyes, frowning slightly. "I have to go," he says as he pushes his coat open and takes a deep breath. "Should be fun," he adds, blinking to her and looking to the others.

He waits til they disembark the van where ever their goal is, then holds up a hand. "Ok, time to do this, it'll either work, or I'll pass out," he says, closing his eyes for a moment. He begins whispering softly in Salish. He sucks a breath in as he takes back on the slightly shaggy, canid look, then lets it out. "I'm mostly here for show," he says, looking to the other two. "I need to concentrate on the spell mostly." He grins as a thin greyish circle of mist sweeps out from him on the ground once. "Stay within that distance of me unless I'm covering a camera with it," he adds as the mist dissapates.

(Radius of 4m)

Attempting to cast Trid Phantasm, Force Level 4:
Spellcasting + Magic: 10 - 2 (stun damage) + 2 (For Illusion Spells) = 10 Dice:
Attempt: [6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 3, 2, 1] (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5446) = 7 Hits
Drain = (4/2)+3 = 5
Drain Resist: 10 Dice: [6, 6, 6, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1] = 4 hits - 1 more stun Ouch

So: At full force 4 against anything that looks at it. Its a moving it as a complex action each round to keep with them and moving himself is all he'll be doing.

Zaranthan
2008-06-02, 05:49 PM
Felix sets the autopilot to take a casual roll around the block, then unbuckles and makes room for Sabrina. "All yours, Lady Silvertongue. Hermes here can drive himself pretty well, but I'll be plugged in by remote if you need me to do any fancy crap." He clambers toward the back, looking for a seat near the aforementioned...well, whatever it was. "So we need to attach this to a car? Should probably disarm the alarm first if we can."

Felix hops out with Sinkalip and Damien. "Ah, more wizardry, eh? So, I stick close to you and you keep me hidden," he brandishes his taser for a moment, checking the charge and safety, "while you stick close to me and I'll keep you alive. Yeah, this oughta work."

As they approach the garage, Felix's thoughts drift back to the last time he touched a trigger. Practicing with his service pistol at the range had always felt empowering, but there had only been one time where he had to actually shoot at someone. He knew it was nearly impossible to actually kill someone with a taser unless you went out of your way to do so, but the way that go-ganger screamed had curdled Felix's blood. Still, it was better than getting his car stolen, and one couldn't expect to just be lucky forever.

Character smarter than the player time: Would disabling the alarm fall under Mechanic or Hardware? Will attaching the device require a test as well?

lawful_evil
2008-06-03, 05:58 PM
Sabrina drops the three amigos off around the corner and lingers a little to give them time to walk toward the facility. At this time of the evening in this neighborhood, there aren't really any other pedestrians. Several hundred meters down the street 4 people stand waiting at a bus stop, but thats about it.

Traffic in this business district is fairly light too, allowing Sabrina to more accurately time her approach. She drives up to the gate. As she approaches a yellow light illuminates near the cheap wooden arm which blocks the driveway. When she gets really close and is about to stop, the light turns red.

The small guard shack, just inside the gate and off to the left, holds a single guard. A few seconds after the van stops, a grey haired dwarf in a Dynotech security uniform steps out and walks toward the driver's side door. He is obviously wearing body armor under the uniform and he carries a large revolver in a black leather holster. The elderly dwarf has obvious cybereyes and an old style data jack on his temple.

dauphinous
2008-06-04, 03:16 PM
Sabrina

Seeing that the guard is a dwarf, Sabrina elects to pass on the attempt at flirting and just goes for all-out airhead. What I would give for a stick of bubble gum right about now. "Hi," she smiles cheerfully at the guard, "um, can you help me, please? I'm looking for this place called, um..." she taps at her commlink a couple of times. "I know its in here. 'Dyna- something', I think, or maybe it was 'Dye-something'. It's a medical place. I'm supposed to pick up my friend, and this is where it's supposed to be from the address, but I'm always getting these things messed up, and he knows that, so it'll be okay that I'm late because I'm always late, because I always seem to be messing up the numbers or the letters, or something. My mom says I have a neurological problem with switching them or something because I always do it, and it drives her nuts that I can never show up on time to anything. Like, this one time, I was supposed to give my brother a ride to one of his college exams because his car broke down. Because his car is always breaking down. He's too cheap to get a new one, and he has this 'friend' who keeps facilitating by fixing up his piece of crap as some kind of hobby thing or something, which completely means it is never available when he needs it for really important stuff, so I always have to pick him up and drive him around, even though he's older than me. Which is just because I can get a decent job and he can't, the big loser. He totally mooches off of me for everything he can get away with. Don't you hate that?"

She stops and looks at the guard like he should actually be able to answer the question.

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-05, 09:19 AM
Ok.. Sin, see if you can get an illusion of a ton of people going in there with us, or something. Obscure us, whatever, doesn't matter. Just so long as the can't see what we do to the car. Damien looks over the place. Felix, as soon as my Commlink beeps, we're going in.

Santanya
2008-06-05, 10:17 AM
Sinkalip

"A ton of people would only draw attention to us," he whispers as he grins, looking towards the van. Suddenly whisps of smoke start to billow from under the van, flowing out the front and side opposite the guard and drifting about to make a nice screen as the sound of a chugging engine starts coming from the van itself.

lawful_evil
2008-06-05, 08:55 PM
The dwarf walks up, his chrome cybereyes making totally unclear where and what he is looking. He is too short to take in the sights presented by Sabrina's tight shirt and bare midriff.

After Sabrina rattles on and on and on, the Dwarf says, "I wouldn't worry about your friend ma'am, I'd worry about yourself. You seem to have a bit of car trouble here yourself. You notice all that smoke? Somethings probably burning." He pauses and take a couple dramatic sniffs with his large nose and frowns, adding, "I don't smell burnt syntha-oil or rubber or nuffin like should be making all that smoke. Actually.." He looks around and takes a step back, "I don't smell nuffin atol. What's going on here?"

He steps up on a stool he keeps nearby and glances into the van window. Obviously he finally sees Sabrina's tight shirt and girlish charms and asks, "You one of them strip-a-grams? The boys in the office hire you on account of my birthday tamarra?" The dwarf gets a big smile and says, "Alrighty, step on out and lets see whatcha got."

dauphinous
2008-06-06, 11:01 AM
Sabrina

Sabrina blinks twice as she makes a choice. Would this count as 'attacking'? "Oh my gosh! Am I that completely obvious?" She giggles like a schoolgirl. "What's your name? I have it here someplace, the person I'm supposed to do this for. But if you're the birthday boy, then I guess it's obvious that I'm here for you. Those guys must be really great friends. Should I pull my van in so I'm not blocking traffic for you, or should I leave it here?" As she asks the question, she ends with a mildly suggestive eyebrow twitch and grin.

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-06, 11:09 AM
I'd say he's sufficiently distracted right now. Thanks Sin, let's go. Damien heads towards the van, blocked from view by that handy smokescreen. Should have brought my duct tape. Need some way to 'distract' those cameras too... Ah, let's just shoot 'em. No time for tape now.

Santanya
2008-06-06, 11:19 AM
Sinkalip

"Or, the smokescreen 'disappates' and we block the camera's that way," Sin whispers softly. "Or that was the plan. Now, to stay out of sight..."

Sinkalip whispers softly, his features taking a slightly more pronounced shade of tan, his ears pointing slightly.

Casting: Invisibility(Force 4) on himself, using his spellcasting focus
Spellcasting: 10 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 7 dice
Roll: [6,5,5,5,5,3,1] (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5481)=5 hits
Drain Value = (4/2) = 2 - Buying the hits to overcome the drain

Zaranthan
2008-06-06, 04:35 PM
Felix reflexively squints as the smoke screen rises up. Wasn't counting on this. A flick of a mental switch activates his Ultrasound Sensor and brings up a 3D wireframe overlay on his glasses.

{{To Damien and Sinkalip}} [[Are you having as much trouble seeing through this as I am?]]

Hoo boy, I hope Sabrina knows what she's doing. We'd better work fast.

1 hit (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=5487) isn't enough to resist the Trid Phantasm, nor is 3 hits (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=5488) enough to beat the Invisibility. :smallannoyed: Luckily, Ultrasound trumps both. :smallamused:

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-08, 10:38 AM
Ok, that works. Umm... yeah, let's definitely hurry. And I think we may need to shoot out a couple windows, as well. Stick to the letter of the run, as it were. And to Answer you Felix, no, I can't see a damn thing.

Quick check of my sheet tells me I don't have enough dice to resist either spell. Don't have any vision mods that would let me see through it, either. Go figure

lawful_evil
2008-06-08, 02:25 PM
Sinkalip adds to his own disguise, turning invisible while Felix and Damien stumble around in the smoke. Felix activates ultrasound and is at least able to make out the fence and the gate before they walk into it.

The security guard says, "Here pretty lady, step into my office." He motions at the tiny security booth and adds, "We can lower the shades so we don't cause any accidents." He extends his right hand in an offer to help her climb down out of the van.

dauphinous
2008-06-08, 02:55 PM
Sabrina

Just pretend he's Garrett. Yeah, that works. Just a little shorter...and uglier...I hope this doesn't take long. Sabrina giggles a little bit and steps out with his help. She pulls her commlink off and leaves it in the van, making sure to shut the door behind herself.

Sabrina has never done a striptease for anyone before, even one of her boyfriends, but she's seen plenty of Simsense flicks with characters doing such things. And she's watched Annika act through doing just that more than once. In fact, there was one scene that took twelve rehearsals that she remembers particularly well. Thank goodness I'm wearing lace underwear today, and not cotton.

She steps into the booth with another girly giggle and gives it her best shot.

lawful_evil
2008-06-11, 08:01 PM
While Sabrina relives her 'Modern Dance' practical exam from college, the boys are in a haze, created by Sinkalip to keep them from sneaking a peek at his sister.

Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L4_1.png)

For the time being, the lone Dwarven security guard seems distracted as Sabrina give him the best show he's had in years and makes him wish he'd bothered to get his cybereyes upgraded.... or at least cleaned.

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-13, 11:32 AM
[Ok, so who can actually see right now? Cause it'll be their job to get this thing to the silver car.]

Damien is doing his best to head in that direction himself, but it's probably slow going considering he has to make sure he's not about to run into anything before taking every step.

Santanya
2008-06-13, 11:49 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip moves with the others. "Keep moving," he says as he concentraits on the illusion spell, giving the impression of a light breeze within its area making the smoke stop being put out by the van as Sabrina steps out from it, and float along, convenently shielding the pair from view. "And no fantisizing," he states, smirking back towards the guardshack.

If possible, he'll make the outter fog thicker attempting to keep the camoflage of it while lighter in the middle so they can see where they're going at least within the 4m radius (8m diameter) of the cloud.

Zaranthan
2008-06-13, 02:45 PM
[[Here, maybe I can help.]] Felix fidgets with his HUD feeds, and establishes a relay to Damien and Sinkalip's commlinks. Small AROs pop up on their displays indicating the locations of cars, pillars, and other significant obstacles. [[Does that steady your feet at all?]]

{{I would imagine the triangulation won't be perfect for such a hack job, but if we're within arm's reach of each other, it should be good enough.}}

Santanya
2008-06-13, 03:05 PM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip lets out a soft growl and places his hands on both of the men's shoulders. "Less talking and playing with toys, more walking and getting the job done," he says quietly and he literally pushes them towards the target car. "Last time I involve you two in illusions, too much for your minds to deal with."

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-13, 04:20 PM
Like it's MY fault I can't see through the fragging fog... Damien mutters and keeps moving.

lawful_evil
2008-06-13, 06:48 PM
Felix enables a shared ultrasound connect just in time. Damien was about to stumble into the 'gate'. He pauses and Sinkalip thins out the internal fog a bit revealing the single bar of the gate.

Everyone either steps over the bar or ducks under it and continues through the parking lot attempting to drift with the wind towards the automobile in question. The shared ultrasound connect isn't perfect and there is a bit of a lag, but it does provide sufficient warning so that the team doesn't trip over the bushes or an sub-compact autos.

Twenty seconds or so later, the edge of the target vehicle enter the fog.

Meanwhile, Sabrina's "client" steps mostly into the booth with her pulling the door nearly shut behind him. It remains unlatched and several centimeters ajar. A smile creeps across his face and his head starts to nod as he watches the somewhat rhythmic gyrations.

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-13, 11:23 PM
Anyone know if this thing has an alarm? I hope it doesn't have an alarm... I don't think we have any way to disable one right now. Except maybe making Sin stare at it. Damien grins.

Santanya
2008-06-14, 04:28 PM
Sinkalip

"You two owe me an asprin," Sin says as he grits his teeth, invisible still. "Hopefully this keeps it quiet enough..." He murmurs quietly as he looks towards the car.

Casting: Stealth (Force Level 6) on the car
Spellcasting: 10 +1 -2 (Sustained Trid Phantasm) - 2 (Sustained Invisibility) = 7
Roll: [6, 6, 4, 4, 4, 4, 1] (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5581) = 2 hits
Using a point of Edge to see if we can't raise that...
Roll: [4] (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5582) = That would be a no...
Drain Value = 6/2 = 3 (Physical since the Force is over his magic)
Resistance: Charisma + Magic = 10 Dice
Roll: [6, 6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1] (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5581) = 3 Hits (phew)

Zaranthan
2008-06-15, 10:55 AM
"Well, either this thing has an alarm, or the owner left his commlink in the car. Lemme think long and hard about which is more likely." Felix glances at Sink, "I'll buy you a whole bottle if you keep that thing quiet. Tactile tags designed to notice people are pretty spotty in my experience. If it's as cheap as the car it's attached to, maybe I can just finesse it onto the chassis without triggering the sensor."

lawful_evil
2008-06-18, 05:17 PM
Felix takes the package and walks slowly up to the car. He doesn't walk right up but hooks around and comes in from the back-right slowly and then hops up close. He squats down and reaches under the car. He nearly loses his balance and falls over, but then stands up and moves quickly away from the car.

{{ The package is in position. }}

The car/alarm doesn't make any sound or have any visible indication that it detected Felix.

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-19, 10:10 AM
Damien lets out the breath he didn't realize he'd been holding. Ok, that's in place.. the hard part's done. Now for the easy part. Who thinks I should get the van to crash the gate?

Zaranthan
2008-06-19, 04:10 PM
Felix stands up and admires his handiwork. I refuse to believe that worked.

"I'd prefer if we kept our escape route in as good condition as possible. Let's just do what we can on foot and keep the van someplace where it's not going to get stuck."

Santanya
2008-06-20, 12:32 PM
Sinkalip

"Bah, you have the skill," he says. "Now, lets either get out of here, or locate the cameras so we can hide ourselves from them," he says, moving slowly in the same direction the cloud had drifted before, keeping it around them still.

lawful_evil
2008-06-20, 12:41 PM
Sabrina continues her performance as the boys stand around the parking lot in a haze of smoke. Out on the street a group of large motorcycles pass by.. or at least it sounded like that.

Zaranthan
2008-06-24, 06:10 PM
"Let's get back to the van before things get any more interesting." Felix starts strolling back toward the gate.

{{And will stop if the smoke cloud doesn't keep up with him.}}

Santanya
2008-06-25, 03:05 AM
Sinkalip

Sin smirks slightly, slowing the smoke and swirling it slightly like a different breeze caught it, then moves it southward, avoiding being in a direct line where a vehicle or bike might move through the parking lot, but back towards the van.

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-25, 01:37 PM
Yeah. And we still have to shoot out a couple windows or something. Or zap the guard and knock him out. Or do both. I should have had a drone set up to keep watch on the area, cause we can't see a fragging thing in this cloud.... Damien goes on like this until they reach the van. Apparently his augmented mind is going a mile a minute wondering about all sorts of fun charlie foxtrots that might crop up.

lawful_evil
2008-06-25, 05:25 PM
As the boy walk back to the car, Sabrina is just starting to get to the good bits. The guard's commlink squawks to life, [Lou? What's going on Lou? Get that Fraking junk outta there! You know the boss is leaving soon, if its there when he leaves, it'll be yur arse.]

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-28, 08:23 AM
Hopefull back to the van by now, Damien is going to take the opportunity to look out a couple of windows. Or better yet, send his little drone out to look for him. One of the flying ones, this time.

dauphinous
2008-06-28, 09:51 AM
Sabrina

Only a little thrown off by the interruption, Sabrina doesn't even pause. She pulls out a lusty pout as she writhes her back against the dwarf, the only thing now holding her bra on being her hands. Giving him the force of her pout over her shoulder, she says, "Oooooooooh, just oooooooone mooooore miiiiiiinute. It'll be okaaaaaaaay." She draws some of the words out to the beat of the music, making sure to provide as much physical incentive as possible without stepping too far into the domain of interracial relations.

lawful_evil
2008-06-30, 05:17 PM
Felix, Damien, and Sinkalip get back to the car and Sabrina is still dancing, or it sounds like it anyway(you can't see with the smoke).

{{ If you want to slip into the car, you'll need agility+infiltration(2) to do so without the guard noticing. }}

Sabrina :

Sounds like a 'seduction' sort of roll... you need more hits than he gets resisting.
Sabrina : Con(seduction) + Charisma
Him : [roll0]

Santanya
2008-07-01, 08:03 AM
Sinkalip

As Sinkalip gets back to the vehicle, he moves around the driver's side, letting the smoke slowly disapate. He approaches the shack, whispering quietly to himself, the visage of coyote creeping up and over himself as he moves to the door and peeks inside.

Casting Orgasm(Force level 8) (At the dwarf obviously....)
Spellcasting(5) + Magic(5) - Sustained Invisibility(2) + Trickster Bonus(2 for illusion) = 10 Dice
Roll: [3, 6, 2, 6, 5, 3, 3, 4, 5, 4] (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5702) = 4 hits
Drain Value = (8/2)-2 = 2 Physical
Resistance Roll (Cha + magic = 10 dice)
Roll: [4, 6, 4, 3, 4, 1, 5, 1, 4, 6] (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5702) = 3 hits

lawful_evil
2008-07-01, 05:54 PM
Sinkalip drops his smoke and interrupts Sabrina's little jam session, finding her doing her Jay Bird imitation. When his spell erupts, Lou suddenly lurches forward and grabs Sabrina desperately grasping and groping and squeezing.

Felix and Damien find themselves standing by the van without any cover at all. They see a man in top of the line suit exit the front door of the building. He's wearing sunglasses and has a few gray streaks in his hair, but seems to have a thin athletic build.

dauphinous
2008-07-01, 06:30 PM
Sabrina

"Hey!" Sabrina is a little surprised by the sudden change in the dwarf and stumbles under his rather heavy handed grasping. Just a little bit, of course, because the box is so small. "Geez, hands off!" She gives him a closer look over and rolls her eyes. Well, I suppose this is one way to end this minor disaster.

"Creep!" Grabbing her clothes and using them to generally cover herself up, she flings the door open and gets into the van as quickly as possible, having enough of her wits about herself to climb into the driver's seat. Damien could complain about her sitting nearly naked on his seat if he wanted to. Later. For now, she tosses her shirt on quickly and gets the engine started (if it isn't already, of course).

Zaranthan
2008-07-02, 09:09 PM
{{I'm just going to assume we're on the far side of the van from the guard booth, given Sink's description of "moving around" the van.}}

Felix waves his hand in front of his face as the smoke clears. Not that it helps, but it makes him feel like he's got some semblance of control over the situation.

"Creep!"

Felix turns to Damien and mutters softly, "Time to go." He reaches for the rear door, pulling it open as Sabrina slams hers to muffle the sound. As he clambers in, punching up his remote driving console, he can't help but notice the scantily clad driver. He pauses mid-motion to gape silently.

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, eh? Say no more! Say no more!
Edging the Infiltration test lights up the Rule of Six, with 5 hits (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollname=Felix) between me and certain death!

(Or, at least, certain awkward conversation, which is nearly as bad! :)

On an irrelevant note, love the new avatar, dauphinous.

lawful_evil
2008-07-03, 08:11 PM
Felix and Damien pile into the van with the naked Sabrina. Sinkalip, wherever he is, is still invisible, but hopefully he's in the van and ready to move out.

The man in the suit walking to the parking lot isn't really paying attention to where he is going and is watching the team with his full attention.

The security guard, Lou, turns to move after Sabrina and grabs the door of the van. Being a dwarf, he isn't tall enough to peer in and down upon her exposed lap, but he can see her face. He is calling out, "No! Please. I have credits to pay for some extra.. ah.. time."

dauphinous
2008-07-04, 09:12 AM
Sabrina

"I don't think so, pal. I don't do that. Stripper, not joytoy." She glares down at his hand, not even really having to act that. "Hands off." Then she smiles sweetly and blows him a kiss, saying, "Happy birthday."

She starts backing up the van to get it moving.

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-08, 08:11 AM
((*pokes everyone* I don't have an action right now, just so you know. Damien's going to wait and see what happens for now))

Zaranthan
2008-07-08, 03:09 PM
Sabrina putting the van into gear startles Felix from his reverie. He straps himself into a rear seat and punches up the van's sensors again.

[[To Sabrina: If you want me to take the wheel, just give the word. I'm already plugged in.]]

[[To Damien and Sinkalip: If you guys want to explain yourselves to the guard, go ahead. Otherwise hop in already!]]

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-08, 04:08 PM
((Damien's already in the van. In the back though, so he can't really see that Sabrina's not wearing much.))

lawful_evil
2008-07-08, 05:10 PM
Sinkalip, being invisible, has an invisible commlink and can't see the messages sent to him. If and when he checks the auditory translation of the most recent message from Felix, or cancels his spell, he receives, "Wenn sie kerle dich dem schutz rechtfertigen möchten, gehen sie voran. Andernfalls hopfen innen bereits!"

Sabrina engages the drive shaft and slowly backs the van out into traffic. Fortunately, at this hour, traffic is light in this district. Lou continues to beg at the window for a steps and then stops in the middle of the driveway.

Sabrina senses people in the back of the van and without being told that Sinkalip is missing, she is too preoccupied with the wrinkles in her birthday suit to notice he is missing. Once around the corner she stops to don her clothing.

dauphinous
2008-07-08, 05:36 PM
Sabrina

After hitting the brakes and putting the van into park just around the corner, Sabrina turns to look in the back of the van. Mostly because she wants to see Damien's and Felix's expressions. It would inform whether or not either of them were in need of a good slapping. What she actually notices is the lack of something. "Where's Sin?" She says this as she turns back to face forward and starts to shimmy back into her underwear.

Zaranthan
2008-07-08, 06:57 PM
Felix keeps his cool... until he stops playing with his AR, at which point he turns several shades of pink. "He had pulled some mumbo jumbo and disappeared. I sent him a text, so I'd assume he's in here somewhe-"

"If his shades are invisible, then he can't see his image link, can he?"

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-09, 01:38 AM
Damien, who is busily staring at the floor starting maybe four or five seconds after she turns around, mumbles something about getting the seats cleaned again. It seems he's not quite sure where Sin is either.

Santanya
2008-07-09, 08:45 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip stands invisibly watching the security guard as he makes continues passes at Sabrina, a slight grin on his face until the van suddenly moves out of the drive. He quickly moves along after it as it circles the corner.

As it stops, he reaches out and pulls the door open just slightly and slips inside, poking at people invisibly as he gets into a seat before dropping his spell's effects, lounging in the seat looking out the window like he was there all along, despite the slight struggle getting in the vehicle. He glances forward, looking at the rearview mirror. "So, new profession? I hear you got rave reviews."

dauphinous
2008-07-09, 09:29 AM
Sabrina

She tosses her shirt on, finally. "Someone else drive." She shifts over to another seat and starts pulling her pants on. "Very funny. That was you, wasn't it." She doesn't even bother presenting it as a question. Sin is looking more than pleased enough to make it clear he did something, and that display was so completely his style. She pulls her arms back into her shirt and starts putting her bra on underneath it. Looking back up, she gives the rest of the van a mild glare. "The first person who suggests that my ending up naked is a required part of every job we do is going to get knifed in the back."

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-09, 10:01 AM
Guess I'll drive. Somebody make sure I don't fall over. This is SO not a conversation Damien wants to be involved in. Although it seems his sense of humour requires that he make a parting shot. You should get one of these adaptions, Sabrina. Then you could say "I want you inside me" instead of "get in the van". He's back to seeing through the van's "eyes" pretty shortly after that.

((Admit it, you all laughed))

Santanya
2008-07-09, 10:27 AM
Sinkalip

Sin blinks a few times and looks over to Damien as he slumps. The grin fades to a almost pained look, then he looks to Sabrina. In an a voice that takes every bit of his willpower to keep calm and quiet, he says, "Please... give... me... a pen..." and stares at her, looking very much like a puppy who very desperately wants a piece of bacon, but knows that he has to play his cards right to get what he wants. "Please..." he adds instinctual.

dauphinous
2008-07-09, 10:38 AM
Sabrina

Just staring at Damien as he slumps, Sabrina opens her mouth once, then shuts it.

"I can't believe he said that."

Looking to Sin, she blinks again, then shakes her head lightly. "Bag." She points vaguely at the bag she brought.

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-09, 10:54 AM
((I sense this ending badly for Damien...))

And so the van continues on its way, heading towards the next destination on the list. Someone should tell Onyx to meet them there instead.

lawful_evil
2008-07-09, 03:09 PM
[20:04]

Sabrina is redressed. The team has 16 minutes to get to the next stop. Its not much time, but it isn't really too far away either. Damien continues the van on its way. After about 10 minutes, traffic grinds to a halt and everyone's commlinks start getting plastered with spam advertisements. It seems there is a 'Troll-Pride' parade and they are soliciting donations for a troll-children's playground in The Barrens.

Either you wait for the parade and traffic backup to clear or you take agressive measures to get back out of the jam and on your way. Now that the van is stopped, Damien starts getting automatic traffic alert messages. Better late than never.

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-09, 07:00 PM
Being late would probably be a bad thing. Luckily, however, the parade is probably blocking the traffic on the other side too, and with that nifty bonus Damien gets from being jumped in, he should be able to manage a u-turn without too much trouble, though there will no doubt be much honking, disobeying of traffic laws and general shenanigans along the way.

lawful_evil
2008-07-09, 08:58 PM
Damien does a U-turn and hooks up onto the 515 for an exit then back down and around an to the home of Ms. Jones. He stops the van down the street from the house. The neighborhood is all free standing single family residential dwellings. 502 Lilypad Drive seems to be the best 'kept up' out of the immediate surroundings.

Another hundred meters or so beyond the house is a group of 4 youths in black and silver leather jacket with black pants. The are all standing around underneath on the street lights which is either burnt out or hasn't come on yet. The mid-summer sun is down behind the buildings, but the sky is still bright and is now a multi-hued dome over Seattle.

The house itself has a light green painted exterior, with white curtains and 'fake' decorative shutters.

{{ You've got about a minute left till you 'attack'. }}

Santanya
2008-07-10, 11:51 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip sits back in the seat of the van, contently watching out the window now that his sense of mischief was fufilled. He glances over at his handywork, Damien's face now adorned with Sin's best rendition of a van grill, headlights and licence plate reading 1WNTUNME. The pen was back in Sabrina's bag of course, so there was no evidence, and the drawing was done very lightly as not to alert the poor sleeping victim.

He looks out the window towards the youths up the street. "We probably will have a bit of trouble from them, 'protecting their turf'," he says as he nods towards them.

dauphinous
2008-07-10, 02:10 PM
Sabrina

She didn't even make a move to stop Sin. She just let him do his thing, figuring that trying to stop him would make the coyote in him mad or something. When the eagle in their father got mad, he could be a real pain. A real, serious, 'no you're not going to the school dance with that boy' sort of pain.

She nods at the assessment of the group of kids not too far away. "We only have to do this one for 30 seconds. That's like two drive-by shootings, pretty much. We could possibly all stay int eh van the whole time."

She looks at Damien, then back at Sin, giving him a squinty-eyed, critical sort of look. "Can you make our license plate read something different than it does?"

lawful_evil
2008-07-10, 06:34 PM
While the team talks a long black limo pulls up and stops right in front of the target residence. Three burly human men in armored suits and sunglasses step out. The stand around looking at the neighborhood for a moment and then open the door for a fourth passenger to exit.

This one is an older, and shorter fellow. You can't see his face from here. He walks up to the house with one of what is obviously his bodyguards. After ringing the bell, the guard and old man go inside.

The two goons remain out front with the limo. The limo driver remains in the vehicle which appears to still be running.

Damien has the van parked about 200 meters away at this point... 18 seconds to go. If you are going to do a drive-by you should hit the gas.

dauphinous
2008-07-10, 06:55 PM
Sabrina

"Someone, somewhere hates us. That's all there is to say." [Damien, hit the gas and we'll just do a drive-by. I'm borrowing your gun.] She grabs Damien's gun, checks the safety and rolls down the window, preparing to fire. Unless someone has a brilliant plan, of course.

Zaranthan
2008-07-20, 07:12 AM
Felix stares at the gun for a moment before regaining his senses. "Right, here we go. Sorry, John Doe, looks like the Star's gonna come after you for this one." He slumps into his seat as his head-tentacle starts reenacting last year's Christmas display.

Dropping into hot-sim VR before the lead starts flying. I'm gonna log onto the van's node and see if I can Spoof its ID before we draw any more attention. Hacking[4] + Spoof[0] + Hot Sim[2] is six dice against a threshold of 2 {BBB p.224}, unless I've missed something.

Yes! 3 hits (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=5800)! Success, even if I lose a die or two!

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-20, 08:49 AM
Damien probably doesn't answer at this point. You know that expression, "putting the hammer down?" He just did.

And for the record, his gun is still loaded with gel rounds. 15 shots.

Santanya
2008-07-20, 12:27 PM
"Someone, somewhere hates us. That's all there is to say."

Sinkalip

Sinkalip looks blankly towards Sabrina. "Awww, but everyone loves me and my mischieviousness!" He grins slightly and looks towards the house. He sits smiling til Damien drives closer. "Oh look..." he says as he grits his teeth, his eyes suddenly and quickly turning bright golden as his hair fades to a speckled tan, his ears seeming to point. "Fire," he growls through what looks almost like a coyote's muzzle.

Casting Trid Phantasm at force level 6. Centering around the front door/window of the building to give the impression that a fire bomb just went off in the house. The front door rockets away from the building disintegrating from the flames as flames billow out of the building.

Spellcasting(5) + Magic(5) - Damage(-2) + Illusion Bonus(2) + Spellcasting Focus(1): 11 Dice
Roll:11D6.SR4() = [2, 6, 4, 2, 6, 4, 2, 4, 5, 6, 3] = 4 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5803)

Drain Value: (6 / 2) + 3 = 6
Resist Roll: Willpower(4) + Charisma(5): 9 Dice
Roll:9D6.SR4() = [5, 4, 1, 5, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5] = 7 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5803)

Well, not bad... I will never see that successful a drain resist again in my life of course. >.< The bonus illusion dice pay off!

Boom?

lawful_evil
2008-07-20, 04:27 PM
Round -5

Damien guns the engine and the van accelerates quickly down the street towards the limo, two body guards, and the light green single family home at 502 Lilypad Drive.

Sinkalip causes a sudden explosion around the front door of the home which causes it to disintegrate into a ball of flames and debris. He didn't tell anyone in the van his plan, but they might assume it was him anyway... or maybe not.

One of the members of the security detail ducks and takes cover behind the limo so he doesn't get hit with any additional debris. He seems to be talking very excitedly. The other bodyguard simply stands there and motions to the house, talking calmly.

A moment later, the curtains in the front window flutter, although no one sees anyone at the window.

Van :

Movement Rate : 10 meters per turn
Range to Limo : 190 meters
Range to Guard 1 : 189 meters (excited guard)
Range to Guard 2 : 192 meters (calm guard)
Range to House : 198 meters

{{ 45 seconds to go }}

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-20, 05:01 PM
He can't get much more speed out of the van, and the explosion isn't worrying enough, seeing as it was in the house and nowhere near the van, to cause him to swerve. So onwards Damien goes, with the proverbial pedal to the metal the whole way.

dauphinous
2008-07-20, 07:36 PM
Sabrina

"That is so cool." Sabrina checks Damien's gun, making sure the safety is off, and gets ready to roll the window down and shoot. "I see. Gel rounds. I need my own gun in the worst way. You know what else I need? Identity masking. This whole criminal thing is going to take some getting used to."

lawful_evil
2008-07-21, 08:19 PM
Round -4

Debris from the previous round's explosion continues to rain down on the front yard as the flames and smoke rush upward and around the overhang at the front door.

The excited guard taking a knee hides his face from the intense heat and flames while the calm guard looks at the door and continues speaking calmly to himself over the roar of the fire.

Van :

Movement Rate : 20 meters per turn (accelerating 10m/turn)
Range to Limo : 170 meters
Range to Guard 1 : 169 meters (excited guard)
Range to Guard 2 : 172 meters (calm guard)
Range to House : 178 meters

{{ 42 seconds to go }}

dauphinous
2008-07-21, 08:35 PM
Sabrina

Too far. Still too far. Sabrina watches the illusion, not even bothering to think about seeing through it, even though she knows it's fake. It's just too cool to not watch in all its glory.

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-21, 11:18 PM
Well, at least it'll be getting closer very quickly. That tends to happen when one is accelerating a lot. Mostly this is a filler post so you all know I'm still here. There's only so many imaginative ways I can describe driving, you know.

lawful_evil
2008-07-22, 06:29 AM
Round -3

The major plume of smoke drifts up and is immediately caught by a breeze and dispersed(just before it leaves the range of the spell). The destroyed door leaves a wall of flames which prevent you from seeing Sinkalip's vision of whatever the entryway looks like.

The calm guard scans the area and notices something down the side street(away from the team and to the right). He pulls a weapon from his jacket and fires a shot in that direction. The excited guard looks up at the shot and over in that direction. He doesn't seem to worried about it, but stands up and takes a couple steps towards Damien van. He puts up his hands, motioning the van to stop or turn away.

Van :

Movement Rate : 30 meters per turn (accelerating 10m/turn)
Range to Limo : 140 meters
Range to Guard 1 : 135 meters (excited guard)
Range to Guard 2 : 142 meters (calm guard)
Range to House : 148 meters

{{ 39 seconds to go ... just trying to pass the time till the engagement fairly quickly. Jump in with a previous action if I skipped you... }}

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-22, 09:49 AM
Damien's has two responses to that. First of all, he goes faster. Second of all, he switches on his van's sound system. Seems he's picked a rather appropriate song, too.

"Hey driver, where we going? I swear, my nerves are showing..." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmcITpbdj5c)

lawful_evil
2008-07-23, 05:07 PM
Round -2

It would seem that whoever was being shot at, is now shooting back as the guard with the gun takes a knee behind the limo. The guard waving at the van to stop also moves out of the street, diving over the limo and out of sight. The guard with the gun fires another shot or two as the front of the house burns and crackles making the nearby bodyguards easy to see.

Van :

Movement Rate : 40 meters per turn (accelerating 10m/turn)
Range to Limo : 100 meters
Range to Guard 1 : 103 meters (excited directing traffic guard)
Range to Guard 2 : 102 meters (calm shooting guard)
Range to House : 108 meters

{{ 36 seconds to go }}

dauphinous
2008-07-23, 07:24 PM
Sabrina

"Someone is doing our job for us. Maybe we can just slide on by without actually causing much of our own trouble."

Santanya
2008-07-24, 10:12 AM
Sinkalip

"Now where's the fun in that?" Sin asks, still concentrating on the illusion. "Besides, their early, or possibly one of the other teams." Just for fun, he starts having 'gas' drip from the tail end under the limo and creep towards fire.

Probably is electric, but hey...

lawful_evil
2008-07-26, 06:10 AM
Round -1

Sinkalip moves his spell slightly and has a small pool of flammable materials behind the limo catch fire from one of the floating embers. As if by magic, the side of the limo suddenly is defaced with a 1 meter tall silver gang sign. Likewise the house and fence each acquire a symbol.

The bodyguards each take a knee and take cover behind the limo as they continue to fire at the hidden attackers. The attackers don't seem to have hit the bodyguard with any shots yet, but quite a few have bounced off the limo chipping the paint.

Van :

Movement Rate : 40 meters per turn (holding at 40m/turn)
Range to Limo : 60 meters
Range to Guard 1 : 63 meters (excited shooting guard)
Range to Guard 2 : 62 meters (calm shooting guard)
Range to House : 68 meters

{{ 33 seconds to go }}

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-26, 07:59 AM
Damien ought to be getting a real nice view of whatever else is doing the shooting real soon. Assuming the marks weren't Sin's doing, it's probably a gang of some sort. Ought to be fun.

Zaranthan
2008-07-27, 07:18 AM
Felix zooms his cybereyes in on the presumed gang signs, squinting reflexively as he takes a few pictures for later. Information is power.

<<I'll also be previewing each one before filing it away. If it IS magic, it might not show up on camera.>>

dauphinous
2008-07-27, 07:30 AM
Sabrina

"I'm thinking the fun of that is that we get to walk away without getting hurt, using ammo, leaving signs of ourselves, or otherwise having a bad time at this party. That seems like all upside to me."

lawful_evil
2008-07-27, 12:41 PM
Round 0

The van rushes towards the intersection of Garden Path and Lilypad Drive as the a group of human gangers rolls into view. The four humans are hunkered down behind a pair of sleek motorcycles firing at the limo and the bodyguards. The gangers are all dress in similar outfits of black and silver. They are using small weapons(light pistols, hold out pistols, and such). They are shouting battle chants and taunts to the bodyguards as well.

All of the houses/yards in this neighborhood large side yard and backyard walls as well as front fences, usually chain link(some topped with razorwire). Quite a few have large dogs wander free inside the fence.

The road you are on T's here with an alley continuing straight ahead, although a couple metal posts and a standard freeway divider blocks the way. Pedestrians or motorcycles could easily use the alley.

Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L5_0.png) and Location Scouting Information (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4278825&postcount=355)

Map Key

1,2,3,4 - Gangers
A,B - Bodyguards

The target house is straight ahead and slightly left. Just north of the alley with "R" and "M" inside... (resident and 'old man' from the limo).

{{ 30 seconds to go }}

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-27, 02:25 PM
Damien spins his virtual wheel, sending the van towards the left lane, near the limo. He doesn't want to put himself between the gangers and the bodyguards, and if they can get out of there without Sabrina needing to fire a shot, all the better. Course, he's driving on the wrong side of the road (unless this is somehow in Britain), but he didn't see any traffic so they should be fine. And he can always pull into the other lane really quick.

dauphinous
2008-07-27, 02:28 PM
Sabrina

Content to just let the gangers handle this, Sabrina checks over the information they have on this one. Just because she's obsessed with details. "Does anyone else think it's weird that some Tube maintenance engineer would be getting a visit from someone in a limo? A better question is probably if any of us care, I guess, but I can't help but wonder."

Santanya
2008-07-28, 10:21 AM
Sin raises an eyebrow, looking towards the symbol on the limo momentarily before returning to watch the scene unfold before him. "We're not paid to think about that though, are we?" he says, grinning slightly.

lawful_evil
2008-07-28, 06:24 PM
Round 1

Damien rolls the van around the corner towards oncoming traffic while not tipping the van over or losing control. Sabrina decides not to fire out the passenger window as the van rolls by. Sinkalip continues to focus on the spell, but is having more trouble as he loses direct LOS with the spell and it's actors.

Directly ahead is a fairly slow moving car and a group of people that had recently exited the bus that is merging back into the limited local traffic. {{ Perception threshold 3 to hear the group of motorcycles approaching }}

Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L5_1.png)

Map Key :

1,2,3,4 - Gangers
A,B - Bodyguards
6,7,8,9 - pedestrians crossing the street.

The target house is just to the right of the limo/van. Just north of the alley with "R" and "M" inside... (resident and 'old man' from the limo).

{{ 27 seconds to go }}

dauphinous
2008-07-29, 07:47 PM
Sabrina

Her knuckles turning white from clenching her fists, Sabrina shuts her eyes tightly. "He's crazy," she says with a light panic, referring to Damien. What she really wants him to do is stop driving on the wrong side of the street. Of course, there's this part, deep down, that is starting to get the hang of how Damien drives. It's buried really deep down, though. Really deep.

[Damien, you're going too fast. Sin won't be able to keep up his illusion if he can't see the house. We still have half a minute to go. We need to make sure those gangers don't give up too soon.]

Santanya
2008-07-30, 09:45 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip does his best to keep the illusion going, twisted around in his seat to try to see.

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-30, 10:41 AM
[Right. Gimme a second.] Damien spins the van's virtual wheel, sending it into an extremely tight turn that should end up with it facing back the way they came and moving at roughly the same speed as that car they used to be facing. It probably took a lot of luck to pull that one off, even with his level of driving skill.

lawful_evil
2008-07-30, 04:47 PM
Round 2

Damien plays chicken with the driver, but instead of swerving at the last moment he does a 180 and heads back the way he came. As he straightens out the van and smiles inwardly to himself, he notices a 4-pack of motorcycles rounding the corner coming up behind him, fast. A second or so behind the bikers is a Lonestar cruiser in hot pursuit.

The bodyguards continue to shoot at the gangers. At least one of the gangers is hit by a shot and conversely one of the bodyguards twists slightly which indicates he took a round as well. It isn't clear how injured either the ganger or the body guard is.

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L5_2.png)

{{ 24 seconds to go }}

dauphinous
2008-07-30, 06:32 PM
Sabrina

The only thing stopping Sabrina from making very loud noises of discomfort is the fact that she isn't looking. A whole lot of Salish swearing comes out of her mouth, referring to the mating habits of degenerate moose, as the car swings around. Opening her eyes just in time to see the Star cruiser chasing the bikes, she clamps her mouth shut. Briefly. "This is just the best day ever," she says sarcastically.

She rolls down the window, takes two shots at the guys guarding the limo, then rolls the window back up. Sometimes, you just gotta shoot something.

Kinda positioning for a transition to a meat role here, so bear with me.
After a brief glance at the modifiers for ranged combat, I'm pretty sure her dice pool is a negative number for taking a shot here, so she's just popping two rounds in the general direction of the limo.

Santanya
2008-08-01, 12:08 AM
Sinkalip

"That's about enough of that," he says as he peers towards the house. With a woof of 'smoke' all the flames go out, dissolving into little red, two inch demons that all run straight at the two men hiding behind the limo, intent to appear to disappear up their pant legs as quickly as possible, leaving trails of heat up their legs.

Ending the illusion at this point once they've all ran into the men's pants.

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-01, 07:40 AM
[Want me to lose the Star, or should we just let them go by? They seem pretty intent on getting those bikers.] Damien turns the van back down the street they started on, hoping to give the impression that he had simply made a wrong turn somewhere and needed to get back to where he had been. He'll pull over and stop just past that parked motorcycle, assuming he makes it that far.

dauphinous
2008-08-01, 01:01 PM
Sabrina

[Just let them go. If they don't bother us, no reason for us to be bothered by them. As it were.]

lawful_evil
2008-08-01, 01:08 PM
Round 3

Damien whips back around the corner out the way you came in as Sabrina clicks off a couple rounds at random towards the bodyguards. The car tailing Damien screeches to a halt just shy of the gun battle between the gangers and bodyguards.

The bikers swerve past the stopped car weaving through the bullets and head for the alley which leads to the next street. The cop car continues to slowly close, unaware of the barricade that will prevent the vehicle from heading down the alley.

One of the gangers is critically wounded and flops down to the ground out of sight.

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L5_3.png)

{{ 21 seconds to go.}}

Zaranthan
2008-08-03, 05:08 PM
Felix whips his head to and fro, trying to look in every direction at once, then pops his seat belt despite the desperate driving and plasters his face against the rear window, banging his knee against Damien's seat on the way. "Ooh, minus one for the People. Better him than me."
He shouts over his shoulder, "so, do we blast off now or wait around for the Star over there to notice us?"

{{I love being blissfully unaware of time constraints.}}

dauphinous
2008-08-03, 06:53 PM
Sabrina

"We have 21 seconds to go. Those bodyguards have to be feeling 'attacked' for that much longer." Unwilling to just shoot randomly this close to right in front of a cop, and equally uninterested positioning herself so she actually can shoot in their direction, Sabrina just uses the side mirror to watch what she can.

To Damien: [Can we pass by the limo one more time after the cop stops or leaves?]

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-04, 09:15 AM
[Yeah, sure.] Damien fires the answer off quickly and continues focusing on the situation around him. Those gangers were doing a decent job of shooting the limo up for them, so at least they didn't have to do much here.

lawful_evil
2008-08-06, 08:39 PM
Round 4

Everyone watches out the back as the bikers slide past the barricade one by one. The final biker is hit in the crossfire with the gangers and the bodyguard and goes down. His bike and his body skid to a stop directly across the street from the gangers(BQ84).

The Lone Star patrol vehicle attempts to follow the gangers down the alley and simply crashes into the barricade, unaware it was reinforced by the local neighborhood improvement committee. The front of the car crumples and the rear end rises in the air as broken glass and shattered plastic scatter around the area(BQ74).

The gangers and bodyguards stop and gawk at the crash for a few seconds. During which time the old man in the suit rushes from the house out to the limo diving in the back.

{{ 18 seconds to go }}

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-06, 09:09 PM
That's Damien's cue to hit the gas again, pulling a u-turn. Fortunately for everyone involved, this one is by no means as flashy as the last 180 he did. Looks like they may just be able to manage a few more shots at the limo before speeding off.

dauphinous
2008-08-07, 05:41 AM
Sabrina

"Heh. Silly cop. Tricks are for kids." As soon as there's a clear shot at the limo, Sabrina squeezes off two more rounds. She still isn't really aiming at anyone or anything in particular, just putting shots across the bow, as it were, hoping to not hit any bystanders.

Santanya
2008-08-07, 10:06 AM
Sinkalip

Sin grins slightly as he peers towards the limo. "Well, plenty of trouble caused here it would seem at least," he says, chuckling softly and immediately wincing at the pain in his head.

lawful_evil
2008-08-08, 06:37 PM
Round 5

Damien pulls out turning hard to the left to do a 180 in the street. As the van becomes parallel to the limo, Sabrina fires a couple shots at the limo. At about the same time the driver of Lone Star patrol vehicle is exiting his car. He moves up to the rear bumper and takes a knee to get cover.

One of the body guards hops in the limo while the other provides some additional cover fire. He sends a couple shots at Damien's van. One shot bounces off the driver's side door while the second seems to have missed entirely.

The biker struggles to his feet, or as you can see now, her feet. Two of the gangers call out suggestive, if not imaginative, come on lines. The third shoots at the cop, but hits the rear of the patrol vehicle instead.

Battle Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L5_4.png)

{{ 15 seconds to go }}

dauphinous
2008-08-08, 06:52 PM
Sabrina

"Gangers are so cute." Sabrina pulls the gun back inside the van and tries to look like an innocent passenger in a van that just happens to be strafing in a combat zone for no reason. Yeah....suuuuuure. Still, worth a shot.

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-11, 05:43 PM
Damien's got nothing to do but keep going, and hope his van doesn't get too many holes shot in it.

lawful_evil
2008-08-12, 10:48 AM
Round 6

Damien accelerates back towards the intersection. The slow moving car in the intersection doesn't clear the way fast enough and Damien is forced to swerve around it.

As the van passes the Lone Star Patrol officer, you can see he has his weapon out and is talking to a wrist mounted comm-link.

Clearing the intersection, the van pulls up alongside the limo just as the final bodyguard dives in the back and the limo starts to accelerate, pulling in front of Damien.

{{ 12 seconds to go }}

dauphinous
2008-08-12, 12:19 PM
Sabrina

"So much for going by unnoticed." Sabrina bites her lip. "As soon as we pull outta here, I'm gonna start making calls. Felix, you're good with the computer stuff, I gather. Can you intercept that cop's signal, and find out who he's calling in about? If he's reporting our tags or anything?"

Zaranthan
2008-08-12, 04:51 PM
Felix restrains himself from rolling his eyes at the phrase "computer stuff" long enough to get to work. "Sure thing. One formerly private phone call coming up." He scrambles back to his seat, straps in, and goes to "sleep".

Yeah, uh, I have no idea how this is supposed to roll out. Taking this round OOC.

lawful_evil
2008-08-13, 05:32 PM
Round 7

Felix manages to pick up the signal from the officer's commcall. Damien has to slam on the breaks to avoid ramming the slow to accelerate limo. The van and limo proceed north to the next intersection when the limo guns it accelerating away from the van.

Commcall :

Officer :One Limo Tango Four - P-V down.
HQ :Copy.
Officer :Taking fire. Request HTRASAP.
HQ :Copy that. Dispatching HTR... ETA 1 minute
Officer :Request Delta Recon, 3 cycles, scan for Star RFID beacon.
HQ :Issuing deploy order and assigning an officer to RM.
Officer :Set initial heading 040
HQ :Roger.

At that point the van passes out of range of the commlink transmission.

{{ 9 seconds to go }}

Zaranthan
2008-08-14, 02:53 PM
Felix bangs on his virtual radio scanner in annoyance. Come on, darn it! Don't slot out on me now. He pitches the improvised sniffer script into storage for now, then wakes up. "Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is the Star's more interested in the gangers than us...I think. The bad news is he's called in the guys with gyrostabilized Panther Cannons to take care of them. We have about sixty seconds to get out of scanner range."

dauphinous
2008-08-14, 03:39 PM
Sabrina

"I'm feeling like it's about time to go." Sabrina takes two more random shots at the house, just firing at it generally with no intent to aim at anything specific. Hopefully, she could at least hit the broad side of a house from a moving van.

[Damien, get us out of here.]

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-14, 07:03 PM
[Sure thing. Hold on tight.]

Damien doesn't want to be near here when the Panther cannons show up. He does not want his van to be anywhere near a panther cannon that isn't for sale. Oh yes, there will be speeding.

lawful_evil
2008-08-14, 08:05 PM
Run Away!

Damien cranks the mental accelerator to the 10 and then a little extra. The van zooms off and soon enough the limo is in the way. Not wanting to make them feel they were being chased, Damien takes a right and heads off into the night.

By the time the HTR arrives with its Assault Cannon, Damien and the van are both far enough away to not hear the blasts(or it has a silencer).

Now... where is that next location?

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-14, 09:21 PM
Somewhere in Auburn, it is. It's also the longest time for any of the locations, clocking in at two full minutes, and they're supposed to avoid a specific person. Damien remembers all this, and is on his way there as soon as he can get the van pointed in the right direction.

dauphinous
2008-08-15, 06:49 AM
Sabrina

To be on the safe side, Sabrina sends Damien the address. "Okay, so one more, then we all go home and sleep it off. We need to spend two whole minutes on this place. It's a software place, so probably best to run with commlinks off, and not even consider hacking. There may or may not be an Awakened person on premises. They have windows. Does anyone have a way to shoot them out? If there are people inside, illusions might be really helpful here. If we can smash the windows, noise might be a better option than visuals this time.

"We have a little over an hour. Anyone have any brilliant ideas?"

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-15, 09:00 AM
[I've got my commlink running silent, but if you want it off completely I can do that. Won't be much more than meat though.]

Damien seems to like driving his van in first-person. He hasn't jumped back out yet, which is why all his replies are coming in over the comm. He hasn't turned his music off either, so the rest of the team is getting to listen to some more of his library. It seems he prefers older music, because none of the songs that come on during the trip are new stuff. Some jazz, some classic rock, and one song about Vegas by some guy named Presley. But no new stuff.

lawful_evil
2008-08-15, 09:30 AM
Onyx sends a broadcast to Sabrina, Sinkalip, and Damien, [Sorry I missed you. Had a little accident. Hope the rest of the night goes as planned.]

dauphinous
2008-08-15, 09:42 AM
Sabrina

To Damien: [Just keep an eye on it. It was trying to hack mine or something when I scouted the place earlier.]

To Onyx: [We're on route to the last place. Meet us there if you can.] She sends the address to Onyx to make sure he has it.

Zaranthan
2008-08-15, 02:51 PM
Felix drops into his old overwatch role. "There's no sense shutting off your link entirely, just cut the wireless. That way you can get back online at a moment's notice if you need to.

If there IS astral security, we might want to hold off on the illusions. If you wear yourself out on tricks, we'll be defenseless. I've seen what a mage can do without any proper opposition.

Shooting out the windows is a good start, though based on what I've seen, you might want to let me handle that gun. I can shoot better than that left-handed."

dauphinous
2008-08-18, 10:06 AM
Sabrina

"It's hard to shoot from a moving vehicle," she snaps at Felix. He was probably right, but that didn't make the comment less irritating. She'd only had rudimentary lessons, and that was just for self defense, with a taser. "It's got gel rounds loaded right now," she hands Damien's gun over. "I still have my dart gun. If there are any people around, I can zap them. Or squirt them. I have a Squirt, too. Any votes for whether we should spend our two minutes on foot or in the van?"

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-18, 10:59 AM
[Alright, can do. Won't be able to have my drones look out for things, but that hasn't been working so well anyways. And for frak's sake keep track of the ammo in my gun. I don't want you running out halfway through a firefight.] Damien needs some decent hacking programs, and the skill to use them. Or maybe he should just stick to drones, and save the hacking stuff for Felix. [Oh, and I vote that we go on foot for the most part, if only to avoid having yet another crime chalked up to the occupants of this particular van. Which we're going to have to replace the tags on, get repainted... you know anyone who can do that sort of thing, Felix?]

dauphinous
2008-08-18, 11:24 AM
Sabrina

[I know a guy who probably knows a guy that can take care of that if no one else does. He's got lots of fingers in lots of pies.]

Zaranthan
2008-08-18, 03:47 PM
Felix tries to withdraw his head into his shoulders as he takes the gun from Sabrina. "Yeah, I just meant- er... sorry."

[As a matter of fact, I know just the person to call for that sort of thing, Damien. I've got an old buddy from boot camp I still keep in touch with, he knows where to get any service you can imagine in this city, legal or otherwise.]

[On foot is probably best. We won't have much effect from the van with these peashooters, and we'll have to deal with traffic at the same time.]

lawful_evil
2008-08-18, 08:00 PM
Drek!

[21:42:57 Auburn, 802 Steel Road]

With a 5 minutes and 3 seconds to go on the timer, Damien pulls up to within sight of the building. He is still 130 meters or so down the street parked off to the side. Parked directly in front of the building is a Lone Star cruiser with its lights going. The officer is out of the vehicle and talking to someone. Although at this distance it is hard to tell who/what... probably not a Troll.

Tests:

Perception #1 (looking at the LS conversation):
Modifiers : +3 looking at that, Lighting(use 'partial light' on pp 117), damage(if any), -2 Far Away(unless you have vision mag)
Threshold : 2

Perception #2 (Who knows.... :smallamused: )
Modifiers : Lighting(use 'partial light' on pp 117), damage(if any), -2 Far Away(unless you have vision mag), -2 Interferring sight(street light)
Threshold : 4

dauphinous
2008-08-18, 08:09 PM
Sabrina

"Drek on a stick." Sabrina hunches down in her seat a little bit for no reason other than seeing a cop. "Maybe he'll leave." She doesn't really believe that, though, and it's obvious in her tone.

First test: 14 dice, buy 3 hits.
Second test: 9 dice, 2 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6037)

Zaranthan
2008-08-18, 08:36 PM
"Drek on a stick."

Felix stops checking the Predator over for a moment, fidgets with his glasses, fires up his cybereyes and looks around.

Perception #1: Int 5 + Per 3 + Vision Enh 3 + "looking at that" 3 - Vision Mag 0 - Partial Light 0 (Low-Light Vision) = 14 Dice, 4 hits (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=6038)

Perception #2: Int 5 + Per 3 + Vision Enh 3 - Partial Light 0 (Low-Light Vision) - Interference 2 = 12 Dice, 6 hits (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=6039)

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-18, 10:15 PM
[What's going on? All I can see is the cruiser.]

Damien isn't very observant. He might have to do something about that.

I swear, after this run the first thing I'm using Karma for is a couple points in perception.

Santanya
2008-08-19, 10:11 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip opens one eyes from where he sits in the back of the van, stretched out as much as he can be. "What's going on?" he asks, tilting his head just slightly to look at the others.

Stun recovery: 6D6 = 3 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6040)

Perception Tests: Doesn't see jack... He's at 1 die for the better of the two tests.

lawful_evil
2008-08-19, 12:37 PM
Felix and Sabrina

The lone star officer seems to be casually chatting with a uniformed man. His outfit and clothing suggests 'security guard'. Sabrina recognizes him from the photo in the dossier.

Based on their interactions, you would guess they are friends.

The street is fairly quiet. A sedan drives past the van on its way to the cop and security guard. The street Damien parked on T's at the building which houses the software company. The sedan stops at the corner across from the cop and a delivery van rolls past. Once the intersection is clear, the sedan drives off, making a left hand turn.

[21:43:06 Auburn, 802 Steel Road]

dauphinous
2008-08-19, 01:39 PM
Sabrina

"This just gets better." Sabrina sighs and gives a light groan. She transmits to Damien at the same time as she speaks out loud, to make sure everyone gets this. "Okay, that guy talking to that cop right there is the guy we have to not interact with. Nobody talks to him, looks at him, shoots him, or even thinks mean thoughts at him. Now we need more ideas."

Zaranthan
2008-08-19, 02:08 PM
Felix gazes around the building, then suddenly lunges forward in his seat, the seat belt preventing him from tumbling onto the floor. "Did you see that? Somebody's sneaking in through the roof. Looks like we're the distraction so he - or she, or whatever it is, can slip in and out."

He pauses, tilts his head to the side, and points at the air above the intersection. "Of course, the Star's already here. That cop brought a FlySpy with him. Talk about a rock and a hard place."

dauphinous
2008-08-20, 06:39 AM
Sabrina

"Special. Okay, so could you handle sending the Star cop a fake order to vacate? We already have to change the tags on the van, could Damien do something to get the cop to jump in his cruiser and go? I guess that has a lot of risk for Damien... I could assault them with femininity."

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-20, 07:49 AM
[before you ask, I'm not ramming my van into anything.] It's difficult to judge tone through the commlink messages, but one would assume Damien wouldn't be too happy about the prospect. [You could always shoot the cop. It's only the other guy we have to avoid.]

Santanya
2008-08-20, 10:47 AM
Sinkalip

"One of us could just act drunk," Sin says from his semi-lounging position, not even opening. "Its not like we have to be ultra-violet, we don't have the tools to be ultra-violent. Hell, we could just flick pebbles at them. We're a distraction, not an attacking force of highly trained people." He opens one eye. "How much time we got?"

He sits up quite suddenly, crossing his legs and closing his eyes, only half listening to the response to his question. "I'll handle the lone star officer," he says, a grin spreading across his face. His hair immediately flashes to a deep tan color, looking shaggy and his ears almost seem to point through the sides of it. After a few moments he gives a toothy grin, every one seeming pointed. His eyes shine golden as he growls, "Wizzer..."

Summoning a Spirit of Earth: Summoning Force 6 spirit
Magic + Summoning - 1: 7D6.SR4() = [6, 5, 6, 4, 3, 1, 5] = 4 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6046)
Opposed Roll for the Spirit: 6D6.SR4() = [1, 1, 6, 1, 2, 1] = 1 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6046)
Drain Resist: DV = 2: 9D6.SR4() = [3, 4, 2, 4, 5, 2, 3, 2, 5] = 2 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6046)

Spirit Optional Powers: Engulf and Confusion

Should be a successful summoning, with 3 services owed. :D Also, the spirit technically glitched on the opposed roll, so its up to our GM to determine the effects.

dauphinous
2008-08-20, 11:03 AM
Sabrina

[No, no crashing.] Sabrina looks Sinkalip over and narrows her eyes. "You strike fear into my heart when you say stuff like that, you know." Then she smirks. "Are you going to let us in on your plan, or should we all just grow ulcers while we wait for your brilliance to be revealed in action?"

Santanya
2008-08-20, 11:12 AM
Sinkalip

Sin looks towards Sabrina, his appearance slowly fading, but the glow in his eye staying present as he shifts to see the Astral. "And ruin the surprise?" he asks, giving her the same toothy grin, then turns his head. "Just be patient," he says to no one in particular and nods to the thin air.

Activating Astral Vision and giving a look around, to see the spirit and to see if he can see anything interesting about the building.

Zaranthan
2008-08-20, 02:23 PM
"You know, I'd probably trust all that mumbo-jumbo a little more if the mumblers and jumblers would ever explain what the frag they were doing. Well, if you've got Johnny Law up there covered, I guess I can volunteer to keep the cavalry busy inside." Felix throws up his trademark smirk. "Anybody got any actual alcohol? Or at least a medkit? Acting drunk works best when your breath matches the rest of your symptoms."

dauphinous
2008-08-20, 04:20 PM
Sabrina

"Medkit, yes. Actual alcohol, no, and I don't want to see any in the near future, thanks." Sabrina pulls out her medkit and offers it. "You need a bimbo to go with your drunk?"

Zaranthan
2008-08-20, 04:36 PM
Felix pops open the medkit, silences the "helpful" autodoc, and starts rummaging through the supplies. "Sure, two drunks are better than one."

<<I'm gonna fire up my Medicine skillsoft to try and figure out if there's something in the medkit with alcohol in it that I can swish around my mouth a bit. Preferably without poisoning myself in the process, though I'm willing to withstand a bit of discomfort for my art.>>

dauphinous
2008-08-20, 04:52 PM
Sabrina

"If I had known how useful being half-naked would be today, I would have brought a change of slut clothes. Remind me to pack that next time." She sounds a bit sarcastic, but only a bit. She puts her hair up into a ponytail and starts looking around the van. She just takes her shirt off; a bra is just like a bikini top, right? Besides, they've all seen her practically naked now, anyway.

[I'm gonna borrow a couple of things to complete my outfit. I'll try not to lose them.] Recalling some fashion trend that Annika wanted to follow for a short time, Sabrina grabs a cable and hangs it around herself, along with a couple of other things. She thought the particular style was idiotic, which means it's perfect for a daft bimbo look.

Zaranthan
2008-08-20, 06:17 PM
"Hey, nice look. Mind if I steal it?" Felix takes off his glasses, stowing them in a case designed to look like an assault rifle magazine. his eyes unfocus for a moment as he adjusts some AR sliders, then his head cable lights up like a radioactive Christmas tree, then his perfectly normal-looking eyeballs turn into writhing figures from a nightmare.

He glances down at his nice polo shirt and designer jeans for a moment. "Anybody got a knife I can borrow?"

This is the closest image I could come up with for the eyes. An hour of searching failed to turn up an animated version.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/2927/blackicemm9.jpg

Anybody who's played the Shadowrun game for the Genesis knows what Black IC looked like. The rest of you will have to imagine that image opening and closing like a maw, and occasionally fading to total darkness.

EDIT: Hah! I beat the internet! Check this out! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvQ8JN-n5Ic) The IC is that little animated thing at the center of the screen. The big grey hexagon is the node.

lawful_evil
2008-08-20, 08:51 PM
[21:43:57 Auburn, 802 Steel Road]

The cop and security guard continue to chit chat. The figure on the top of the building has disappeared from sight.

Felix doesn't have much luck in the medkit. Not many emergency supplies have alcohol and all the ones in the kit have warnings about not taking internally. You might be okay if you didn't swallow. Of course, you might survive even if you did swallow, but just be in loads of pain.

Map and Key

Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L6_1.png)

The van is way off the bottom at about AZ130.

The grey stripe down the right is an elevated freeway. The brown is dark alleys. Parked cars, motorcycles, etc.

All of the buildings on this street seem to be business. They range from 3-5 stories tall. Although it isn't shown, there is a large warehouse across the street from where you are parked.

{{ You've got till 21:48:00... so 4 minutes and 3 seconds }}

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-20, 09:51 PM
[There's a survival knife in the glovebox.] That would be the last message from Damien before he disengages from the full VR he had been using to drive. It's not as much fun when the van isn't moving.

Ok, that's about enough of that. Anything I missed while I was unconscious? He still hasn't noticed Sinkalip's mischief with the pen.

dauphinous
2008-08-21, 06:32 AM
Sabrina

"Um, that's uh, really, uh...with the eyes. Yeah. How about if you go for hopped up on something instead of drunk? I can do a good impersonation of someone on novacoke, bliss, sextasy, blitzkip, and a few other high end party drugs."

She just points to Sin in response to Damien's question.

Santanya
2008-08-21, 09:27 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip nods nonchalantly, his eyes still golden. "Not too much. We have our target building and 4 minutes. I'll take care of the Lonestar operative over there, the rest of the distraction is up to you all." He looks straight at Damien, not batting an eye, more than to just blink at least. "They're planning on playing the part of drunk and disorderly."

Con - This is not the Trickster you are looking for and everything's fine - 10 - 1 = 9D6 - 5 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6051)
Willpower + Charisma: Not to laugh at his own joke: 9D6 - 3 Hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6051)

Where's the angelic icon when I need one!?!

Zaranthan
2008-08-21, 10:08 PM
"So, jittery and hyper, eh? I can manage that."

dauphinous
2008-08-22, 07:22 AM
Sabrina

"Sounds like a plan to me. Damien, you just keep the van handy so we can exit stage left when we need to, and so Sin can do all his nefarious deeds without worrying about his safety. Any last thoughts before we stumble out?" Her jeans are too tight to let her carry a weapon without being noticed, so she just stuffs her Squirt in her waistband at the small of her back. The thing is perfectly legal, so there's no actual need to conceal it fully.

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-22, 07:56 AM
Alright, sounds good. I'll probably need to put in a few hours at the range when this is over though. I'd like to be able to actually hit things at some point. Although if no one is using my gun, I'd be happy to shoot out a few windows. At that point, he realizes his face is itchy. Is there something on my face?

You were the only trickster in the van at the time, Sin. Somehow I think he would know it was you. Also, I found you an angel smiley: http://forums.gleemax.com/images/smilies/angelhidetail.gif

Santanya
2008-08-22, 01:13 PM
Sinkalip

"Two eyebrows... well... one depending on definitions, a nose, and what appears to be lunch leftovers," Sinkalip says as he looks out the window towards the building curiously. "Wonder what our player there will do," he says nodding towards the cop and 'no touch' target.

lawful_evil
2008-08-22, 04:50 PM
[21:44:30 Auburn, 802 Steel Road]

While the team discusses their options and lets the time drain away, a pair of store clerks exit the business diagonally across the street from Lone Star officer. After securing the maglock on the business, then begin to walk south(towards the team).

The van shakes slightly as a cluster of large trucks roll by on the nearby elevated freeway.

A lone motorcycle, doing at least 100 m/r zooms past behind the van on the nearby sidestreet, aptly demonstrating the Doppler effect.

dauphinous
2008-08-23, 07:55 AM
Sabrina

"I need some target practice, too. And a real gun." Sabrina slides out of the van and steps into as much shadow as she can for the moment. They'd have to seem like they came from someplace logical, or rather suddenly do something noisy and interesting. The latter choice seems more reasonable at this point, and a good way to kick off their two minutes.

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-23, 01:03 PM
Now you're just needling me. Damien grins and looks in one of the Van's mirrors. Frag it, Sin! He laughs and starts fiddling with his commlink. If nothing else, the man can take a joke.

I guess I'll keep watch on things from over here. As long as I don't go too close to the building they probably won't try to hack me...

One of his little flyspies activates, and he gets it to perch on the windowsill of one door, facing the building. Now he can watch without it looking like he's watching.

Zaranthan
2008-08-23, 09:41 PM
Felix grabs the knife out of the glovebox, and puts more than a few rips and tears into his shirt and pants at odd angles. "That's better. Less preppy, more druggie. Let's do this." He puts the knife back, checks the charge on his taser again, then hops out of the van behind Sabrina, trying to remain unnoticed as she does.

dauphinous
2008-08-24, 09:24 AM
Sabrina

"I hereby give you permission to put your hands wherever you want to until we're done here," Sabrina says quietly to Felix. "When it's time to start, I think we should mess with a parked car in some stupid way. Let's get a little closer for now."

Moving up slowly, Sabrina starts aiming for a particular parked car, intending to kick off the two minutes by very obviously, loudly, and blatantly trying in vain to damage said vehicle using nothing but her own body.

lawful_evil
2008-08-24, 10:50 AM
Felix and Sabrina stagger out of the van and head north along the right hand side of the road. Meanwhile Damien positions his little spy drones on one of the buildings overlooking 'Green Bits'.

After they pass several cars she spot the one she wants, locking her vision on it. The store clerks, who were walking south towards Felix and Sabrina decide they don't like the look of these two drugged up party goers. The cut across the street(jay walking).

As they clear the double yellow, a trio of gangers rush out from the nearby alley. Its hard to see much detail in their faces, but two appear to be human and one is an ork. The lighting it poor, but they look like they are wearing black and blue or maybe red outfits.

They've got knives out and seem ready to mug the clerks. The ork moves further into the street headed for the pair of drugged up kids.

[21:45:18 Auburn, 802 Steel Road]

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L6_2.png)

Damien's Drone is at AN46(aimed North/Northeast and down covering the building and front door).

dauphinous
2008-08-24, 12:17 PM
Sabrina

"Oooooh, look. The widdle orkie wants to come pway with us." Sabrina laughs and pulls out her squirtgun, faking a whole lot of bravado she doesn't really completely feel. A big guy with a knife could probably take her down if she lets him get close. Of course, Sin is watching, so she isn't as worried as she could be.

Draw Squirt. Use Take Aim action (approaching ork is target).
Bluff! (using Con): 6 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6083)
The intent is to convince the ork that Sabrina and Felix are more dangerous than they really are, and the ork should just flee before they really frag him up.

lawful_evil
2008-08-24, 02:18 PM
The ork ganger in his black and purple outfit backs off. He turns and rushes the southern most clerk knocking him to the ground. The two other gangers rush the remaining clerk. After a couple unarmed blows to the face and a slash across the shoulder the gangers begin ripping 'loot' off the clerks.

{{ Loot : Bags, commlinks, jewelry, etc }}

[21:45:24 Auburn, 802 Steel Road]

Felix says quietly to Sabrina, "Did you get the chemicals with the embedded RFID chips? Maybe you could squirt a couple of them to help LS find them." Then out loud he says, "Whoa! This is like a fragging trid." He pulls his taser out, but holds it behind Sabrina hopeful she'll decide which way this would go.

Santanya
2008-08-25, 10:10 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip squirms his way into the front of the van and watches, putting his feet up on the dash. "Surprise," he says as he watches the first few seconds tick by. He lolls his head over to the side, looking at... nothing, his eyes still their golden color. "If you wouldn't mind, go see if you can't bury that kind gentleman," he says, pointing towards the astral presence of the Lonestar officer, "to his chin. Don't touch the other one."

He's talking to the earth elemental that he summoned. Using its Engulf power "to draw victims into itself or the terrain it controls". The ideal result of this would be the elemental pulling the man down into the 'earth' to his chin so he's unable to move. It would of course have to materialize for this.
Attack: Agility(4) + Unarmed Attack(6) = [4, 6, 6, 5, 1, 5, 6, 3, 4, 3] = 5 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6092)
Not sure what the lonestar officer's penalty would be, but... I wouldn't expect him to be EXPECTING the ground to try to swallow him!

The damage caused would be: 6 DV + net hits
The opposed test for escaping appears to be 16 Dice vs the lonestar's strength + Body. (buying off 4 hits if it seems possible to do so without the lonestar escaping).

dauphinous
2008-08-25, 10:36 AM
Sabrina

"No," she says quietly. Louder, sounding like she's lost in a fuzzy dream, "Are we the heroes, or the bad guys? I wanna be baaaaaaad." Still aiming at the one nearest ork, she goes ahead and shoots him. Yes, it's only Pepper Punch. Yes, it might make them shift focus to herself and Felix. But also yes, mugging people trying to get home from a regular job is just plain wrong.

Take Aim action from last round, plus Take Aim this round for +2 dice.
Shot at ork (6 dice): 3 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6093)
Low-light + vision magnification in her glasses.
Pepper Punch
Vector: Contact, Inhalation
Speed: 1 Combat Turn
Penetration: 0
Power: 7
Effect: Stun Damage, Nausea
Description: Pepper punch uses oreocapsicum, derived from hot peppers, as an active ingredient. It is mixed with other irritants, such as CS gas, and deployed as a gas, liquid, or foam spray. A victim dosed with pepper punch feels an intense burning on any affected skin, and her eyes and nose will water. Eyes that are sprayed will burn fiercely and the victim will have difficulty seeing. Th e throat and nasal passage will be irritated, making breathing difficult.

(The Squirt delivers it in a gel pack)

lawful_evil
2008-08-28, 07:22 PM
The ork, whom Sabrina squirted, freaks out, "What the frag? The fragger sprayed me! Ah!" The shorter of his two gang member friends pulls out a tiny pistol. The taller of the humans, grabs up the rest of the loot and runs towards the dark alley. The ork throws his knife at Sabrina and then takes off towards the alley too.

Throw Knife = {4,4,4,4,4} Yahtzee!
Clean miss.

The knife goes flying past her head. Felix raises his weapon up and points it at the ganger with the hold-out pistol. That ganger provides Sabrina and Felix an obscene gesture and then runs, following his buddies into the darkened alley.

The two clerks lay on the ground moaning.

Resist Engulfing Effort = {5,3,4,1,2,3,1,6,5,2} = 3 hits
Damage = 8
Resist Damage (body + half impact ) = {5,3,5,2,6,5,2,6} = 5 hits

As the Spirit of the Earth moves up and surround the cop, it's grip crushes the cop. The cop struggles to slip out of the crushing grasp of the spirit, but fails. The rent-a-cop steps back, startled by the growth around the cop. He pulls a pistol and begins scanning the area for anyone who might be doing this... Hey! Who are those people in the middle of the street?

Escape!

Cop(using Edge) : {4,2,3,2,4,3,5,5,6,6 + reroll 6's(4,5)} = 5 hits
Spirit : (can't buy 4 hits or you lose.. ) = {6,5,5,1,1,4,6,3,6,6,4,6,1,3,6,5} = 9 hits

Ork Ganger : (peppered, but doesn't take effect till the end of next round)
LS Cop : 3 damage out of 11 Physical.
Clerk1 : Unknown
Clerk2 : Unknown

[21:45:27 Auburn, 802 Steel Road]

dauphinous
2008-08-28, 07:45 PM
Sabrina

Jumping on Felix, Sabrina laughs loudly. She still has the gun pointed at the retreating gangers. "Awww. Da widdle orkie went bye-bye. And he left us a toy!" She stumbles over to where the knife is and picks it up in her left hand, doing some very fake and inexpert movie-style knife moves. They are made all the less impressive by the use of her off hand, without even considering the fact that she doesn't know how to use it in the first place.

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-29, 11:53 AM
[Watch it, you guys. The guy we don't want to touch just pulled a gun.] Damien fires off the heads-up mechanically, then goes back to keeping watch on things. It's fortunate the van is off, really. It would be suspicious otherwise.

lawful_evil
2008-08-29, 06:21 PM
At Damien's warning, Felix steps backwards a few steps, pulling Sabrina with him in an effort to put one of the parked vehicles between them and the cop/rent-a-cop. While Sabrina shows off her Kung Fu moves, she accidentally elbow's Felix in the gut. He responds with, "Ooff!"

Escape / Resist

Escape!
Cop : {4,4,1,6,3,4,3,4}
Spirit : Buy 4 hits

Resist Crushing Grip (DV 6)
Resist Damage (body + half impact ) = {5,4,1,4,1,3,2,2} = 1 hit

The cop continues to struggle against the Spirit of Earth, screaming out in pain and thrashing wildly against the spirit. The rent-a-cop with a gun pulls out his commlink and makes a call.

A blue sedan drives by, east to west. Just after it clears the intersection you hear tires screech as the car stops suddenly... for whatever reason.

Ork Ganger : 5 Stun from Pepper Punch
LS Cop : 8 damage out of 11 Physical.

Time :

[21:45:30] Current Time
[21:48:00] Mission Start Time
[21:50:00] Mission Stop Time

dauphinous
2008-08-29, 06:55 PM
Sabrina

"Sorry, sorry," Sabrina says quietly. She drops the knife act (but not the knife) and lets herself be pulled behind the car. "Crap. If he comes this way...uh...well, we could always make out. That's what they do in the trids."

To Damien: [See if you can get Sin to do something to the building instead. Killing a cop is gonna bring hell down on us.]

Santanya
2008-08-29, 07:05 PM
Sinkalip

Sin tilts his head slightly, watching down the street. "Bother," he says, his eyes shining golden in the light. "Don't kill him, let him go, just kind of toss him away," he says aloud again. He shifts in his seat, squinting slightly. "Just be dodgy and break out windows in the building... And not with the man please." Sinkalip chuckles slightly as he raises his commlink. [I wonder how big a disatraction they really want us to be. Remember, no targetting him, make it obvious you're avoiding him.]

[[Speaking to his spirit obviously. ;) ]]

lawful_evil
2008-09-01, 12:05 PM
Sabrina and Felix stand back a bit and wait and watch the proceedings. The two clerks, struggle to stand after their beating at the hands of the gang members.

At Sinkalip's request, the spirit releases the cop and moves to start smashing the building. The Rent-a-cop pulls the Lone Star officer off to the side behind the cruiser.

LS Cop : 8 damage out of 11 Physical.

Time :

[21:45:36] Current Time

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L6_3.png)

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-01, 09:57 PM
It's about now that Damien checks the time on his commlink. He had the alarm set to go off for mission start, but... Wait a sec, Sin. We don't have to start trashing the place for another 2 and a half minutes. Might want to call your friend there off for the moment. We may need his help later. That explains it, anyways. It's unfortunate the rigger doesn't have any weapon-toting drones around. Some fire support would be nice. Regrettably, that'll have to wait, as will he. He's got nothing to do but keep an eye on the general situation, which is for the best, really. He's a horrible shot.

Zaranthan
2008-09-01, 10:32 PM
Felix flips on the safety on his taser, then peeks around the car he's hiding behind. "Things are getting hot way too fast around here. I say we hang back for a bit and let the situation develop a little. If this is just a good Samaritan, we can head up the street as planned."

That inevitable smirk pops up yet again. "Otherwise, I have no objection to your suggestion."

dauphinous
2008-09-02, 06:30 AM
Sabrina

Nodding with just a hint of an eyeroll, Sabrina stays ducked down with Felix, watching the security guard. Maybe they'd get lucky and he'd just check on them and go. With the way things are going, though, that seems pretty unlikely. "Maybe we can get over to the building unnoticed while he's out here," she whispers. Concerned about being noticed, she sticks close to Felix while edging him around to the sidewalk side of the car. At least they can do some...cover action if necessary that way.

To Damien: [Ask Sin if the spirit can be traced back to him. I'm not sure how all that stuff works.]

Santanya
2008-09-03, 02:34 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip smirks. "Sloooowly," he whispers out to the spirit. "Make it last, and delay it slightly, keep an eye out for anyone peeking at you," he says quietly. He shrugs slightly at the question. "If they know me yes, otherwise, its a slim chance," he says aloud, letting Damien relay the question.

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-05, 08:11 AM
So Damien acts as a radio transceiver, because no doubt one that was kept near Sin for too long would explode or something. He doesn't mind though. He won't have much to do until the shooting starts. Maybe he'll spend some cash afterwards looking for a small machine gun or two to stick on some drones.

lawful_evil
2008-09-05, 05:48 PM
The spirit takes its time and selects a good spot on the building and then, Boom, as it pounds the brick structure with its fists.

The cop fires a shot at the spirit, but it has no effect, moments later, the spirit freaks out as an invisible assailant begins attacking it. At about that time the ghostly image of a manifesting man in a suit with a cane sword appears hovering nearby, after speaking a word or two to the Lone Star officer and rent-a-cop, it also engages the spirit.

By this time, the two clerks have dragged themselves off the street and are headed back towards the shop they came out of(putting them in between the team and the cops/building/etc)

Sinkalip's Astral View :

Last action I saw for Sinkalip, he shifted vision to astral, so I assume it still is. In addition to the manifesting fellow is another mage. His projected image has him a lean mean fighting machine in an all-black ninja style outfit.

LS Astral Backup :

Mage 1 :
Log(4) Will(4) Cha(4) Combat(4)
Mage 2 :
Log(5) Will(4) Cha(5) Combat(5)+WeaponFocus(1)

Combat :

Mage 1(Ninja) attacks spirit (2 hits)
Spirit defends (6 hits) (no hit/no damage)
Mage 2(Mr. Suit) attacks spirit (5 hits)
Spirit defends (5 hits) (no hit/no damage)

Time :

[21:45:48] Current Time

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-05, 11:06 PM
Sin? What's going on? Damien can't tell exactly, having no ability to see astrally, especially not through his drone. He knows the spirit is fighting, but it looked like it started a little before the suit guy showed up.

Santanya
2008-09-08, 11:14 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip frowns slightly, then shrugs. "They seem to be fighting with my spirit. I think I'll go help them." He leans back, putting a foot up on the dash and his hands behind his head, just watching the fight, motionless.

For Lawful Evil:

And the rest of you naughty peekers. ;)

Sinkalip's going astral and rushing his way up there at which point the coyote will be saying: "Wow! What's going on? I was down the street waiting with a friend and saw the commotion.... You guys need help?" All teeth and raised hackles and all towards the spirit, who should be ignoring him and the others and smacking the building still.

Con roll: 10 dice - 1 = Con: 9D6.SR4() = [6, 4, 6, 3, 1, 4, 3, 5, 6] = 4 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6234)

lawful_evil
2008-09-08, 08:54 PM
The spirit continues to pound the building, knocking out occasional bricks and smashing windows. After another quarter minute or so, the spirit suddenly stops smashing the building and disappears.

Sinkalip's Astral View :

Sinkalip astrally projects(as the battle rages on) and then flies over to where they are attacking the spirit. Just as Sinkalip flies up, the two mages dispatch the Spirit of Earth. When questioned about the need for help, the ninja simple stares blankly at Sinkalip while the man in the suit tips his hat to Sinkalip and says, "Do not worry citizen. Lone Star will take care of everything." With a smile he turns back to the Lone Star officer on the street and manifests.

LS Astral Backup :

Mage 1 :
Log(4) Will(4) Cha(4) Combat(4)
Mage 2 :
Log(5) Will(4) Cha(5) Combat(5)+WeaponFocus(1)

Combat :

Round Sinkalip projects astrally
Pass 1
Mage 1(Ninja) attacks spirit (3 hits)
Spirit defends (2 hits) (hit DV3/resist... takes 2)
Spirit defends (4 hits) (hit DV5/resist... takes 3 (total 5))

Pass 2
Mage 1(Ninja) attacks spirit (4 hits)
Spirit defends (7 hits) (no hit/no damage)
Mage 2(Mr. Suit) attacks spirit (6 hits)
Spirit defends (4 hits) (hit DV6/resist... takes 3 (total 8))

Pass 3
Mage 1(Ninja) attacks spirit (3 hits)
Spirit defends (2 hits) (hit DV 3/resist... takes 2(total 10))
Mage 2(Mr. Suit) attacks spirit (2 hits)
Spirit defends (2 hits) (no hit/no damage)

Round Sinkalip flies over there.
Pass 1
Mage 1(Ninja) attacks spirit (2 hits)
Spirit defends (2 hits) (no hit/no damage)
Spirit defends (1 hit - glitch) (hit DV8/resist... takes 5 (total 15))

*POOF*

Time :

[21:46:00] Current Time

Santanya
2008-09-09, 09:41 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip sits back slightly, wagging his tail feverishly looking back to the ninja. "Wow... You were awesome! How did you do that?" He moves slightly closer, nosing and sniffing towards the weapon focus, but not getting close enough to touch him. "Wow, I've never seen an actual focus like that, can you show it to me? Does Lonestar often employ Mages? How about shamen? Is there training involved? Did they help you create your sword? I would love the chance to learn more and maybe join and work for them? Do you think they would hire someone like me? Could you tell me more about what its like working for them?" The entire time he wags furiously and acts the curious pup.

lawful_evil
2008-09-09, 04:01 PM
The ninja scowls and shakes his finger at Sinkalip in an tisk tisk sort of manner and points at Sinkalip's spellcasting focus. He then moves off at running speed(zooming through buildings off to the north-northwest). The astral man with the cane(weapon focus), who is manifesting can not hear or see the Sinkalip's faked interest. He does continue to talk (while manifested) with the original Lone Star officer, who is sitting on the ground leaning against his cruiser.

The rent-a-cop looks up suddenly and then after saying a word or two to the Lone star officer, heads back inside the building.

Time :

[21:46:21] Current Time

lawful_evil
2008-09-11, 08:21 PM
The next minute and a half goes by in slow motion. The cop and the manifested officer continue to talk for a minute or so. At which point a second patrol vehicle arrives with two officers. They load the injured officer into the back of one patrol vehicle. One officer drives off with the injured officer(back to HQ?). The manifested mage unmanifests and fly off at incredible speed.

With 6 seconds to go, only a single officer is stopped out in front of Green Bits, Inc. and the rent-a-cop is inside and out of sight.

Time :

[21:47:54] Current Time

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-12, 07:52 AM
[6 seconds to go time, guys.] At least overwatch was easy. Nothing to do but warn people of impending drek. Damien sighs and flips the comm switch again. [Sorry if I'm not really helping too much.]

dauphinous
2008-09-12, 08:39 AM
Sabrina

[Don't stress over it. We're kind of rotating through that position. We'll have to sit down and talk about all this soon, so we can work on how to make these things go smoother in the future. After we all get fake IDs and stuff.]

She's smirking, though Damien can't see that. "Time to make with the show, yeah?" Sabrina rolls to her feet, hanging onto Felix and laughing, like they've just been sitting there doing something fun/naughty.

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-12, 09:09 AM
[And get the van a new fake ID. Can't forget that.] With that note to start the mission, Damien shuts up again. He'd work on something, but he's a little nervous right now. This was the longest of all the hits, and he'd rather not have the Star catch up to them, especially with the van being a prime target for anyone with half a brain and access to the Lone Star drone feeds. At least he still had his predator, because no-one had bothered to borrow it again since Sabrina's little drive by.

So he spends his time checking the ammo count on it.

Santanya
2008-09-12, 11:38 AM
Sinkalip

Sin 'sits' patiently on the curb, just watching the events unfold, a slightly dumb and confused look playing on the coyote's face until the mage flies off, then it immediately snaps to a playful grin. Hmm, there was a mage around here earlier, he says as he starts nosing around, seeing if he can track down where the rent-a-cop went.