PDA

View Full Version : Consummate Liar: Custom Caligo for Princess: The Hopeful?

ReaderAt2046
2019-03-09, 04:13 PM
I am working on a powerful Mnemosyne antagonist for a Princess: The Hopeful game, and there's a specific power I want her to have. The problem is that, while I know what I want this power to do from a storytelling perspective, I have no idea how it would manifest mechanically.

Conceptually, this power fogs people's minds, making them incapable of recalling or correlating information that would contradict whatever the Darkened is saying at the moment. So say she starts telling a story about how she rescued some famous singer's cat and he wrote a custom song for her. Obviously, there are lots of things that people should know that contradict this: The singer doesn't actually have a cat, nobody has ever heard him mention this girl, etc and so forth. But with this Caligo, nobody seems to realize any of that. They simply swallow the lies, no matter how implausible they may be. The one big weakness is that it just flat-out fails on Princesses. So they can see how totally ridiculous this Mnemosyne's lies are, but nobody else seems to.

So yeah, I have no clue how that would manifest mechanically.