PDA

View Full Version : Maacain Invasion: Ross Dattar's Group II



Pages : [1] 2

Talfrey
2007-09-29, 12:18 AM
"I will then try to get to the place where the figurine and other equipment is being held and proccur equipment. It is best if you all stay here and try not to raise an alarm." Says Slip

Chris raises his hand, "I have a plan to help us get out of here once you have everything. We should let the other captives free"

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-02, 02:38 PM
Ferah

"Be quick in finding it, our escape will not go unnoticed for long.

Hmmm, releasing them would prove a wonderful distraction, as long as they do not decide to go after us instead of their captors."

Ferah makes a quick tour of the cells, looking to see what all is in here.

Talfrey
2007-10-02, 04:00 PM
Slip disappears to go find the items.

In the cages there appear to be a number of goblins, and honestly, everything else is hard to identify. What might be a small gray render, some sort of large lizard, A very large furry man who reminds you of a student from the academy...

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-02, 05:10 PM
Ferah

Starting with the goblins, Ferah goes along the cells again, hoping to find someone or something that is able and willing to communicate.

(Known languages: Common, Thri-kreen, Elven, Gnoll)

Talfrey
2007-10-02, 05:21 PM
"Hey lady! It's been a long time since we's sees another freak of our world! Who're you!" says one of the Goblins. None of the others seem capable or even willing to communicate.

The goblins on the other hand swarm to the window, eager to speak with you. (in common)

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-02, 05:57 PM
Ferah

While speaking to the goblins, Ferah examines the cages, looking for a means to open them. In the absence of Slip's sliver, her own sliver has reverted to its regular form, and is perched on her shoulder like some kind of mutant parrot.
"Who I am is not important right now, what is important is that I intend to leave this world, and you are welcome to join me. Until my associate returns with the item we need to make the journey home, we need to keep our freedom secret. Once we make our move, we will need to move as quickly as possible, there is no telling how many agents there are in this facility.

If you have been here for a while, have you learned anything about this facility that may be useful for us to know?"

Talfrey
2007-10-02, 06:03 PM
"No" The goblin replies stiffly.

Then a loud alarm begins sounding above.

"Tha's the alarm!" One shouts, trying to be helpful.

Chris growls, "There should be like a keycard or something... to open these..."

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-03, 12:41 PM
Ferah

"Its probably on the Amrien lookalike."

Ferah heads over to the fallen man and searches him for a 'keycard', whatever that was.

[roll0]

Talfrey
2007-10-03, 02:25 PM
The man has a pencil... and nothing else at all.

"How ELSE do you open a door?" says Chris.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-03, 03:07 PM
Ferah

"This is your world, you tell me."

With no means of opening the cages presenting themselves, Ferah examines the cages again, trying to get an idea of how hard they would be to break open.

Talfrey
2007-10-03, 03:35 PM
Chris grabs ahold of the doctor and attempts to use him as a ram, but is surprised that just as he's about to impact, the door opens.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-03, 03:57 PM
Ferah

"Interesting... I suppose you considered what would have happened to him had the cage NOT opened?"

"Slip, you know what that alarm is about? If we have been discovered, Chris and I should start moving to rescue Marcus, along with some goblins we have freed."

Talfrey
2007-10-03, 07:01 PM
Chris, "Not really. Let's go!" he screams and begins to run down the hallway, goblins in tow.

"I know the way to Marcus, let's see if he's there!"

Slip doesn't respond.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-03, 07:25 PM
Ferah

Ferah chases after Chris, muttering various swears and curses under her breath. The entirety of the adventuring team she had started this quest with has fallen out of communication, and she was stuck with some human from an isolated world that seemed to barely think anything through before doing it! Hopefully the goblins prove to be a bit smarter than him in that regard.

Talfrey
2007-10-03, 10:54 PM
...

BATTLE!

As you round a corner, hot on Chris's trail, you come face to face with Chris in the midst of a squad of agents. Their weapons are already pointed at him and the goblins are cowering back, their hands empty, fearful without weapons.

It's too late that one's eye finally catches you.

You have the element of surprise.

Their are six agents, in a circle around Chris.

Roll Initiative after surprise round.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-03, 11:49 PM
Ferah
HP 43/47 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) [roll0]
AC modifiers -2 from charging

Now THIS was something Ferah knew. For all the strange things in this world, at least fighting was more or less the same. Making a quick analysis of the situation, Ferah picked her target, keeping her attention on him, watching his eyes as he turned and noticed her, staring with her cold, emotionless face. Moments later, she dashed towards her target, bringing a claw around in a dangerous swipe.

Initiative roll is in my header.

First things first, if the nearest agent is within 30', I shall initiate a Duel of Wills, as outlined in Tome of Batle.
[roll1]

Assuming there is nothing preventing me from charging, I'm making a partial action charge on the nearest agent. If I can't charge, I will instead move up to the nearest agent, drawing my weapons in the process.
[roll2] [roll3]

Talfrey
2007-10-04, 12:14 AM
Will Save:
[roll0]

The blade hits, cutting deep into the agent's flesh.

Chris throws a punch, the agent grunts as the fist connects.

Agents
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Chris
[roll7]

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-04, 12:38 AM
Ferah
HP 43/47 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) Initiative: 24

Moving swiftly, Ferah swings in with a second arm, aiming for the agent's weapon hand, hoping to disarm him and send the weapon the goblins' way.

Standard action for Disarming Strike.
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

If the disarm is successful, move action to kick the gun towards the goblins, or at least away from the agent. Pretty sure this kind of thing falls under 'Manipulate an Object', no clue if it provokes or not. (although without Combat Reflexes or Uncanny Dodge on the part of my foes, I'm not at risk regardless, I think)

Also, if there's room, 5' step to threaten as many of the agents as possible.

Talfrey
2007-10-04, 09:14 PM
The agent nimbly dodges the swing, and then brings round the barrel of his weapon to fire. Three around him do the same. The others focus on Chris.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-04, 09:49 PM
Ferah
HP 35/47 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) Initiative: 24

Ferah looks at the guns leveled at her, her mind racing. Swinging out with all four of her arms, she attempts to disrupt their aim to the best of her abilities, succeeding with the first three, then bringing a kukri up to attempt to deflect the shot from the agent that managed to keep a decent aim.

AoOs
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5] (Confirm/damage 23/2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1300386)) ***Blood in the Water at +1 to attack and damage***
[roll6] [roll7]
And immediate action to Wall of Blades the attack that can actually hit me.
[roll8]

Her kukri was not brought around fast enough, and the bullet connected. It was like the impact of a club compressed into the point of a pick. Hissing loudly in anger and pain, she brought her weapons to bear on the agent responsible.
Now is the time for fighting, Little One!

Full-attack, starting with the agent that shot me, moving to a new agent if he drops.
[roll9] [roll10]
[roll11] [roll12]
[roll13] [roll14]
[roll15] [roll16]
[roll17] [roll18] [roll19] DEX damage, fort DC 13 negates
And I have no clue what the sliver can do, so you'll have to handle that for the moment

Talfrey
2007-10-04, 10:07 PM
The sliver rockets from your shoulder and slams into the chest of the agent you just carved apart, it's tiny scythes burying into the flesh of his chest. With a gasp that expelled a stream of blood, the agent collapses to the ground.

Sliver = 2 1d4 claw attacks at +2 bonus

The remaining agents bring their weapons to bear.

[roll0]
[roll1]


[roll2]
[roll3]


[roll4]
[roll5]

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-04, 10:22 PM
Ferah
HP 28/47 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) Initiative: 24
BitW +1 to attack and damage

More shots, more counterattacks, and another hit, but this one Ferah was powerless to prevent. Again, she lashes out at the one that managed to hit, as her Little One makes another leap towards a fresh target.

more AoO goodness!
all attack rolls and damage rolls have a +1 modifier, which I wasn't aware of when I posted this.
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]

Swift action to recover expended manouvers, and another full attack. Again, starting with the agent that hit me, moving the attacks to a different agent if he drops before my full attack finishes. My sliver will just go for the nearest target, I guess.
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]
[roll12] [roll13] (Confirm/damage 28/4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1300386)) ***Blood in the Water now at +2 to attack and damage***
[roll14] [roll15] [roll16] DEX damage, fort DC 13 negates

and for little sliver...
[roll17] [roll18]
[roll19] [roll20]

Talfrey
2007-10-04, 11:20 PM
The next agent is torn to ribbons on your blades, and the remaining agents turn to run, carefully moving around Chris and the three standing agents around him.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-05, 12:47 AM
Ferah
HP 28/47 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) Initiative: 24
BitW +2 to attack and damage (10 rounds)

Ferah watches the fleeing agents, unsure of whether to pursue or not. If they got away, they would almost certainly return with reinforcements. On the other hand, it could take them long enough to get said reinforcements that they could be out of the facility, or at least a good ways away from their current location. Looking back at the goblins, she indicates to the fallen agents.
"Grab their weapons, We are not out of this yet."

Delay action until after Chris goes again, if we're still in combat and stuff.

Talfrey
2007-10-05, 12:50 AM
Chris screams as one of the agents succeeds at hitting him, and then you see his eyes go wild, like the time before at Wal-Mart.

He pulls back his hand, and with a single blow sends an agent reeling aside. Not even turning to move, his arm continues to swing, cracking into the jaw of another agent, and immediately followed by yet another strike. The two agents crumple, but the third raises their weapon at his exposed back. It might be best for you to .

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-05, 12:56 AM
Ferah
HP 28/47 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) Initiative: 24
BitW +2 to attack and damage (10 rounds)

While Chris had shown a remarkable resistance to gunshots back at Wal Mart with the giant zombie thing, now was not the time to see if it persisted. Moving over to the agent, Ferah unleashes more slashing fury with her kukris.

If I'm within melee range already, fine and dandy, if not, Sudden Leap to get over to the agent and full attack.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]

Talfrey
2007-10-05, 01:00 AM
As the final agent falls, Chris takes off down the hallway, lost to his berzerk state.

Turning around you see that not only have the goblin's equipped themselves with guns, they stripped the agents of their bullet proof vests, and have wads of green papers stuffed into their pockets. The goblins ready the guns and smile at you evilly.

"Let's get the hell outta heres boss!"

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-05, 01:07 AM
Ferah

With no clue where Marcus was being held, Ferah chases after the berserk Chris, looking for a sign or something that might indicate where Marcus was, or Slip, for that matter. A way out would be nice, too, along with the missing figurine, as Slip seems to have gone missing.

Talfrey
2007-10-05, 01:11 AM
"Need a way out boss?" Ask the goblins following you. As you finally catch up to Chris who has caught the two escaping guards and proceeded to break various parts of their bodies.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-05, 01:15 AM
Ferah

"Unless you are capable of crossing planar boundaries, I do not intend to leave this place without the figurine. Still, a way out is always a useful thing to know, where is it?"

Talfrey
2007-10-05, 01:17 AM
"Joe!" Shouts the head goblin. "You might best turn away boss."

Joe begins to make grunting noises.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-05, 01:19 AM
Ferah

Unsure of what exactly was going on, Ferah turned around, watching for any more agents.

Talfrey
2007-10-05, 01:21 AM
"We're ready to go boss. We've got enough C4 to blow our way straight to the surface."

By this time Chris has finished with the agents and is sniffing the air for more targets... then he suddenly desperatly clutches his nose and buckles over.

"OH... GOD! What the hell!?"

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-05, 01:26 AM
Ferah

"Slip, if you are still working on getting the figurine, hurry up, our goblin friends are preparing an explosive shortcut to get us out of here."

"Chris, how far is it to where they're holding Marcus?"

Talfrey
2007-10-05, 01:32 AM
"Uh..." Chris looks up, looking around, no recognition shows on his face as he looks about. "I think... it's right..."

Chris presses his hand against a wall. Then, his eyes still red, pulls back and strikes the surface as hard as he can.

The surface ripples like a pond, as though it were made of liquid, but does not give.

"Well that's... weird..."

Then, you hear a set of footprints coming down the hall from where you came.

Turning around, you're just in time to see the familiar form of Agent Erickson round a corner. For a moment you're glad, glad to see Slip again, then the Agent raises his weapon, a much larger one than he had before, and points it at your group. With a strange rippling static noise a burst of energy explodes from the tip of the gun and detonates in the face of a goblin, who burns away in the tiny white burst to ash.

"RUN BOSS RUUUUN!!!"

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-05, 01:41 AM
Ferah

Seeing the effect the gun had on the unlucky goblin, Ferah agrees with the surviving goblins, and picks a likely direction to run in.

"Dammit, how did he get free?!"

Talfrey
2007-10-05, 01:52 AM
"Dunno Boss!" answers the head goblin in a blunt manner.

You round a corner, and come face to face with Agent Marcus. The Agent who took YOUR Marcus away to the brainwashing chamber.

"Oh look! There it is!" Says Chris.

Agent Marcus reveals another weapon of the same make as Erickson.

"CLEAAAARR!" Shouts the head goblin and Joe flings a wad of the C4 onto the roof, and ignites the detonator.

There is no explosion, instead, the force seems to cause the ripples effect seen before when Chris struck the wall, but this time, it's like waves.

"Hurry Boss! We gotta look for a seam to escape through!"

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-05, 02:07 AM
Ferah

Ferah had exactly zero patience left with the world. When Agent Marcus pulled a weapon, Ferah attacked.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3] (confirm/damage 27/7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1301046)) If confirmed, all following rolls have +1 to attack and damage
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7] (confirm/damage 28/7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1301046)) If confirmed, all following rolls have +1 to attack and damage, stacking with the other confirmation increase
[roll8] [roll9]

"A seam? What are you talking about?"

Talfrey
2007-10-05, 11:02 PM
Marcus's double is dead. The lead goblin scoops up his weapon and turns to face Erickson. With pull of the trigger, the air before it detonates, and the projectile meets an unlikely object as the walls seem to peel away, revealing blackness.

"THAT!" Shouts the Goblin, and all three remaining goblins leap through.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-05, 11:46 PM
Ferah

(Assuming our dear Marcus isn't readily visible) Ferah turns to Chris.
"We need to hurry and find Marcus, we have no way of knowing how long that seam is going to stay open!"


"Slip, if you do not want to be vaporized by a pack of trigger-happy goblins, change your appearance, the real Erickson got loose. The agent that looked like Marcus should work, he is not likely to turn up any time soon."

((Also, when did Amrien show up? You mean Erickson?))

Talfrey
2007-10-07, 08:55 PM
The world distorts more, and the door to the brainwashing room seems to widen, and within you see nothing. It is empty.

"Let's GOOO!" Screams the head goblin, latching on to your leg and dragging you through the seam.

You tumble through blackness.. then land with a hard thump in a clearing near the walmart. There's a commotion in the distance, but somehow, beside you lies a familiar figurine.

"We did our part boss. It's your turn." says the lead goblin as you notice a fourth goblin step out from behind a tree, a smirk on his face.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-07, 09:25 PM
Ferah

Ferah stoops to pick up the figurine.
"We need to get to where the figurine deposited us in this world, that is apparently the only place where it will work."

Assuming the figurine doesn't activate on the word work, Ferah thinks back, trying to remember where in this town they had appeared, and starts moving towards that location.

Talfrey
2007-10-07, 09:45 PM
Approaching the street from the surrounding woods, you see agents rushing around, all quite confused.

"We're eder gonna ave ta run for it, or disguise ourzselves"

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-07, 10:01 PM
Ferah

"A distraction of some kind would be useful, do you have any more C4? If not, I think our best chance would be to sneak as close as we can, and make a run for it if we get seen. Aside from Chris, none of us are easily disguisable."

As Ferah finishes speaking, a curious smell seems to emanate from her for a few moments, and her body and equipment suddenly changes colors, blending in with her surroundings.

Using my Chameleon Psi-like ability for a +10 to hide checks, lasts a bit under an hour currently.

Talfrey
2007-10-07, 11:00 PM
"None boss." says the lead Goblin.

"I have a plan" says Chris, "How fast can you all run, cause I can run fast. I can run away from the agents, and they'll chase me, and you guys can get to the spot, and then I'll follow."

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-07, 11:21 PM
Ferah

"Your idea should work, but I do not know how long the portal will stay open after activating the figurine, we will need to time it carefully.

Just try not to go berserk if one of them hits you."

Talfrey
2007-10-07, 11:23 PM
"I was kinda planning on going berzerk before hand."

With a nod, Chris rockets out of the bushes and charges forward, waving and yelling random things in attempts to gain the attention of the agents. It seems to work as all at once an army of suits charge towards him, and he begins to run away, towards the wal-mart.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-07, 11:27 PM
Ferah

Ferah runs along the street to the area where they had been deposited by the figurine, watching for any straggling agents, and keeping an eye on Chris's progress. Once she arrives at the proper location, she looks at the chameleonic figurine in her hands.
"Work you damn thing, I am tired of this world."

namo
2007-10-07, 11:42 PM
Coming seemingly out of nowhere, a car is about to run into Chris...

Talfrey
2007-10-07, 11:44 PM
The Portal opens. The goblins jump through. Chris turns around and begins running towards the portal, signaling you to go through yourself.

Then he gets hit by a car.

But he's okay. He's still waving.

Ooooh Now he's getting tazered. Don't worry, he's still waving.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-07, 11:49 PM
Ferah

Ferah steps through the portal, and makes a quick examination of her surroundings before turning her attention to the portal, watching for any unwanted travelers.

Talfrey
2007-10-07, 11:57 PM
Chris flies through, riding the momentum of a third car, and then tumbles to the ground, landing quietly on the soft grass.

Standing up, the five of you find yourself standing in an immense expanse of open grass land. The sky is beautiful, the setting sun turning it gorgeous shades of orange and purple.

A long ways in the distance, at least two of you catch a familiar sight...

Somehow, despite all that has happened, it's still welcoming.

The Academy.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-08, 12:24 AM
Ferah

Ferah takes in the familiar sights for a moment, then turns to her companions.
"Welcome to Alamora."

She then thinks hard, trying to remember everyone on their side that had a sliver. Now that she was back on this world, maybe she could contact someone and figure out what happened in her absence.
"Is anyone out there? This is Ferah. I have been stuck on another world for a time, and was unable to communicate. The rest of my group is missing, and I appear to be near The Academy. I managed to pick up a human from the other world who seems to possess an eerie amount of knowledge regarding the situation with Amrien, which is presented as some kind of game in their world. How should I proceed?"

Talfrey
2007-10-08, 02:04 PM
Recruits, reply to the situation as is.

You have all been for whatever reason, fighting the Maacain, and Amrien's minions, and finally found yourselves holed up in the academy.

You all should have slivers, so you hear Ptwecht-Kwe's (Ferah's) telepathic broadcast.

React accordingly.

IzaOza
2007-10-09, 01:12 AM
It may be hard to see at first but if anyone had been looking at the sunset a small incoherency would be seen. Off to the right of the glare from the sun stood a strange plant like shape.

At its feet was what looked to be spilled water, it did not move yet had a feminine figure seeming garbed in a what looked to be a grayish hide, it looked to be hide armor but the next moment itd change to clothing an simple clothing not armor to be sure, with what looked like purple petals for hair and the typical green plant color.

Suddenly the head turned towards the group as it seemed a rather large light crossbow was at her side. As a leopard stirred beside her seeming ready. She made no threatening movements merely stood observing remaining cautious. Perhaps none had seen her yet.

She normally would have hidden and learned of them but in this open field and as the sun set she had little chance to hide. She watched the people a random entrance they had come through.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-09, 04:10 PM
Ferah

The message was sent, now it was time to wait for a reply. Dismissing her Chameleon effect, she takes another, longer look around. They should move, an open field was no place to stay when you have no clue of the general situation.
"We should head for the Academy, we might be able to get an idea of what has happened while on your world."
With that, Ferah begins to move towards the Academy, keeping an eye on a strange outcropping of some kind she had noticed. She wasn't sure what it was, but it seemed rather out of place in the middle of this field.

Talfrey
2007-10-09, 06:38 PM
Chris and the Goblin Wrecking Crew

"Right." says Chris. Who begins to follow you. The goblins look around somewhat perplexedly, then all shrug in unison and begin to follow as well.

"Boss!" yells Joe, as he fishes a stick of lit dynamite out. "There's something over there. That... is it a plant? I dunno. Want I should blow it up?"

He points at <IzaOza's character's name> and readies the dynamite.

ALREADY forgetting names AND losing character sheet links. I'm awful.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-09, 07:22 PM
Ferah

"It would probably be best if we did not draw attention to ourselves with any explosions, and where did you get all that, anyway?

Whatever that thing is, if it is still there after we figure out what is going on with Amrien, we can take a closer look."

She then turns to Chris.
"Does arriving here match up with what happens in your game?"

Talfrey
2007-10-09, 07:24 PM
"Not even close." he replies bluntly.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-09, 08:11 PM
Ferah

So, things weren't going as they were in the game, perhaps that means that the other parts wouldn't be the same either, that Amrien wouldn't utterly destroy most of those sent to kill him...

"...Who was your favorite?"

Talfrey
2007-10-09, 09:14 PM
"Eh?" Chris replies, his head to the side, unsure as to the nature of the question, or perhaps merely feigning ignorance.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-09, 09:24 PM
Ferah

"In your game. You said only the player's favorite, the one with the power of the font and Narrassillus, would survive the fight with Amrien."

Talfrey
2007-10-09, 09:48 PM
"I dunno. I never really... I mean. The first time through it was James Ferguson. Afterwards I avoiding finishing it just because I hated picking..."

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-09, 10:44 PM
Ferah

Ferah nodded at Chris's response, walking in silence towards the Academy. Hopefully there was some form of healing to be had there, her wounds stung something fierce. A proper place to rest would be nice as well, it had been a long, eventful day.

IzaOza
2007-10-09, 11:24 PM
Oak Blossum, Oak for sort, had a few moments of hesitation, especially after the comment of blowing her up. finally she spoke. "Your heading towards the Academy...." then noticing the injuries. "Dose that need attending?" she pointed the woman's wounds.

Sorry for not being on, windstorms caused internet connection to be out.

Solo
2007-10-10, 09:42 AM
A flash of white light blinds your eyes (Dc14 will save to avoid being dazzeled) and man carrying a crude quarterstaff and clad entirely in white appears before you.


I have beheld the Far Realm in all its eldritch splendor, for as I enganged the agents in a battle of magic against man, my body died, yet even so, my spirit was free to travel outside of space and time, to hidden places far away from mortal ken!

I have witnessed the might of Pun Pun, the power of Crabthulhu (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3227211#post3227211), and conversed at length about the secrets of the multiverse with the omniscient Omniscifier!

And ye verily, I have returned to you to help you stem the tide of the upcomming invasion, as Marcus the White!


Sorry it took so long to get here, by the way. I had to travel Economy Class.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-10, 11:07 AM
Ferah

[roll0]

"Hmm? Some healing would be appreciated, but who are yo-"
Ferah's reaction to the apparently friendly plant-person-thing is interrupted by Marcus's flashy reappearance. She listens to his ramblings, and when he finishes, she asks him a single, simple question.
"What in the nine hells are you babbling about?"

Talfrey
2007-10-10, 02:18 PM
"Hey Ferah... can I change my favorite character?" Chris asks upon seeing Marcus.

The goblins seem to find him immensely comical, and keep laughing, and after a little while of this, Joe notices he forgot about his stick of dynamite and quickly tosses it into the distance where it creates a small crater a ways away.

NoDot
2007-10-10, 02:46 PM
Karsh

Karsh, well... He had been on the roof going through an exercise routine, but between a portal forming, a flash of light, and an explosion, it was hard to keep focus. Finally, he'd had enough and flew over.

When he was over the group, he shouted in Common, "Welcome to the Academy! Now, quiet the <insert expletive in Draconic> down!"

Talfrey
2007-10-10, 03:22 PM
"Ferah... who's the plant and the other guy?"

Solo
2007-10-10, 03:39 PM
Marcus rolled his eyes at Ferah's comment.

I don't even get a hello? Someone's not getting gifts...

Marcus takes out several Arcane Markers and passes them around.

On each is the inscription: "WWTDPPDCD?"

(What Would The Divine Pesudonatural Paragon Damn Crab Do?)

So what happened while I was away? We seem to be missing some people and... um, did we get reinforcements?

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-10, 05:00 PM
Ferah

"I do not know who the others are, but it is possible they were fellow students."
Ferah turns to Marcus.
"As for what happened, We found Chris along with a doctor that looked like Amrien, freed some goblins, Slip disappeared while trying to locate the figurine, Erickson got loose, I killed the agent that looked like you, the goblins made us a way out of the facility, the figurine turned up when we left the facility, we used the figurine, and ended up here. I have no clue where Zoa and Slip are, they are likely both still in Chris's world, although maybe they ended up in the 'Far Realm' as well. As I told Chris, I do not know who the others are, although now would be a good time to remedy that, and they are probably wondering who we are as well."
She turns to the newcomers.
"As you may have picked up by now, I was a student at the Academy, as was Marcus here. After stealing something of importance from one of Amrien's lackeys, we were told to take refuge in a world untouched by the recent troubles. We have just now returned from that world, and are hoping to get in touch with someone that can tell us what has happened in our absence."

Solo
2007-10-10, 10:18 PM
Ah, I see. Damn, I'll miss Zoa and Slip...

So, who are you people? Chris and Fera I know. The rest of you are...?




(OOC: Hoorex is back on the boards, Talf. Find him and bring him before the Inquisition on charges of desertion.)

Solo
2007-10-10, 11:14 PM
K. Nature to figure out what the plant person is. [roll0]

Solo
2007-10-12, 12:43 AM
I'm Marcus. You are...? he asks the plant person.

Talfrey
2007-10-12, 08:39 PM
Before the plant being even has a chance to respond, you hear a strange crackling noise and she erupts in a ball of deadly chaos energy, incinerating her and turning her into nothing more than formless dust. Another bolt of the enegy flies across the horizon and impacts with the form flying towards you from the academy. Instinctively, those remaining move to draw their weapons and prepare for whatever might come.

A moment later, cresting the hill top is a trio of hunters. They are dressed from head to toe in camouflaged robes.

The three look unhappy, "Don't look like dese are the da berks with ta sword boss!" the one on the left says, scratching the back of his head with his bow.

The one in the middle nods. "But I know that one... " he says pointing at Ferah. "Leave HER to me." With that, he pulls back his hood to reveal the face of a Thri-keen, albeit missing an eye.

The third, the one on the right, stretches their arms apart and lightning begins to crackle between their outstretched hands. A feminine voice says, "I suppose I'll deal with the one who looks like they got eaten by the Far Realm and spat back out."

"I've gota one in the weird duds den." Says the archer, drawing back an arrow.

NoDot
2007-10-12, 08:57 PM
Karsh

((How much damage did those bolts do?))

((Also, who was trying to talk to me? It must've looked like you were talking to someone else. And someone get IzaOza.))

Talfrey
2007-10-12, 09:01 PM
((They were Deux Ex Machina bolts. They do infinity damage))

I thought you left NoDot, no posting besides you fly towards them and silence when I send a PM asking about it.

If you want. You can just ignore the being dead and get in the fight. I'll edit it if you do.

NoDot
2007-10-12, 09:16 PM
Karsh

((OOC:))I missed the part where Karsh was addressed.

And the bolt should miss. Karsh's a Monk, it's what they do.

Also, is there an OOC thread for this?

Finally, PMs are a bad idea, as I tend to not log in unless I'm posting, and I don't notice the e-mail unless I'm watching Trillian Pro.

Karsh swerved, guided my instinct gained by training on... well, he didn't know or care. The mysterious bolt missed him, just barely from a moment of inattention. He made his way towards the attacker, spewing his pink ray as soon as he was in range.

If he's in range, one Eldritch Blast with Eldritch Spear (250 ft. range).
[roll0]
[roll1]

Talfrey
2007-10-12, 09:21 PM
Which attacker? There are three. And check my sig for the OOC thread.

NoDot
2007-10-12, 09:25 PM
Karsh

((Missed the OOC thread link. Plain sight is a bad place to put things you want people to see... And I'll aim for the one that's nearest, or the one with crackling energy if I can.))

Solo
2007-10-12, 09:28 PM
Do not doubt the powers of the Far Realm! The Trinity shall protect me!

Marcus shouts, as he gages up the enemy.

Knowledge: Maacian [roll0]

Searching for anything that will help defeat the hunters.

Solo
2007-10-12, 09:32 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Let's see what you got! Marcus taunts.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-12, 11:06 PM
Ferah
HP 49/68 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) [roll0]

With the first bolt of energy, Ferah was instantly alert. Things that could utterly vaporize someone like that weren't common, and a glance at Doc indicated that his weapon wasn't the cause. When the hunters appeared, Ferah slid one of her kukris back into its sheath, Readying Windslasher for use should the group prove unfriendly.

Joe watched the approaching group with great interest, fishing another lit stick of dynamite from his bag.
"Want I should blow THEM up, Boss?"

Ferah said nothing at first, watching the group intently. When they readied themselves for combat, she answered.
"Yes. Their caster is the primary target. From there, we see who is the greater threat."
With glee, the goblins open fire, Joe flinging his stick of dynamite with far too much glee to be healthy, while Ferah moves to put herself between the opposing group and Marcus, Windslasher ready to be unleashed.

Right then, time for the fun stuff; getting the rolls for this gang prepared.

Initiatives for the goblins:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Being small and puny as they are, the goblins will try and stay in the back of the group, aside from Mark, who is too busy full-attacking to move much, but he still tries.

Attack rolls for the goblins:
[roll5] [roll6]
(10' radius boom, aimed for a square that will catch as many people as possible, focusing on the caster if he can't get all three, reflex 15 for half.)
[roll7] [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10]
[roll11] [roll12]
[roll13] [roll14] (+1 to both rolls if within 30')
Rolls do not factor any range increment penalties, as I don't know the distance.

and as for me, move to put me between Marcus and them, and depending on Initiative, I will either ready an action to ranged attack the caster if she casts, or attack her if she goes before me.
[roll15] [roll16] (+1 to attack and damage if within 30')
Expending Disarming Strike for Returning Attack, my weapon has an (Ex) version of the Returning enchantment for this attack.

Talfrey
2007-10-12, 11:43 PM
Ferah leaps forward, into the distance between the two groups, and throws her weapon into the air, sending it flying at the woman. The woman steps aside from it, and throws forth her arm. Her party suddenly glows brightly, and the ranger sets a pair of arrows on his bow, and aims them at Chris.

They fly through the air and strike him in the back as he tried to duck and dive to avoid them.

The group seems pleased with itself until the caster catches a bullet in the chest, followed shortly by a spinning stick with a sizzling end to the head. It doesn't seem to hurt her, but a moment later when the trio are caught in it's blaze, they realize it's true potential. As the smoke clears another bullet buries itself into her chest, and it is then that the fighter takes a step in front of her...

But the shot doesn't miss, and with a burst of light the woman goes down for the count. The fighter lets out a roar, and he raises up his kukris.

This prompts Chris to roar and advance, his eyes turning red. The two charge at each other... until suddenly the Thri-keen leaps over Chris and approaches Ferah.

Solo
2007-10-12, 11:47 PM
Marcus tries to seduce the caster, with his manly ways.

Impressive, m'dear, but you are on the wrong side of things. Give up now, and we will show you mercy.

(Already rolled)

He also fires off a Mortalbane Eldritch Blast at the Three Keen

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Talfrey
2007-10-13, 12:06 AM
She ignores Marcus. Because she's unconscious.

Solo
2007-10-13, 12:11 AM
(Sorry, its late)

NoDot
2007-10-13, 12:33 AM
Karsh

((I'll delay posting until my initiative.))

NoDot
2007-10-13, 01:34 AM
Karsh

One down, two to go.

Karsh flies as close as he can towards the group and fires an Eldritch Blast at the archer.

[roll0]
[roll1]

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-13, 02:13 AM
Ferah
HP 49/68 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) Initiative 18

As she caught her returning chatkcha, Ferah watched the enemy caster crumple with a grim happiness. The fight seemed to be going well thus far. Now there was just the archer and that thri-kreen... something seemed familiar about him...
"Hey Boss, watch out, that other bug thing is coming for you!"

Ferah let Windslasher fall, drawing her fourth kukri and going through a few practice slashes, watching her foe closely.
(in Thri-Kreen)"So, you wish to fight me?"

With the caster down, the goblins split their efforts, with Joe and Doc going for the thri-kreen, while Mark and Lid took shots at the archer.

For Ferah, free action to catch weapon, free action to drop it, move action to draw weapon, swift action to recover maneuvers, standard action to to do flashy thing as required for recovering without attacking. Also, I've got a feeling I'll need it due to Joe's shenanigans, [roll0]

For goblin squad, more dice rolling.
[roll1] [roll2]
Aiming for the thri-kreen, pretty sure that includes Ferah in the blast at this point. DC is still 15, etc.
[roll3] [roll4]
[roll5] [roll6]
[roll7] [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10] Confirm/Damage (23/5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1314244)(+1 to attack and damage if within 30')

Solo
2007-10-13, 10:44 AM
Hey arrow boy! Eat my EYEBEAMS!!!

Marcus's eyes glow bright red and fire at the archer.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Talfrey
2007-10-13, 01:36 PM
The archer fires a set of three arrows into his charging opponent before getting shot repeatedly, by both eldritch blast and bullet.

Stopping a short distance away from Ferah, the warrior reaches to his side and in a flash the contents of a tiny bottle pass through his lips.

"I'm not losing this time Ferah"

Chris leaps upon the archer and releases his customer battle cry of an extraordinarily garbled string of syllables, before pummeling on him.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-13, 08:21 PM
Ferah
HP 49/68 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) Initiative 18

"This time? When have we fought before?"

Ferah watches her opponent closely, waiting for him to make the first move. The goblins are oblivious to this, continuing their attacks.

Delay action until after the kreen's initiative.
If needed from Joe's handiwork, [roll0]
If the kreen attacks, attack back, using Sudden Leap [roll1] or a 5' step to reach him if needed.

[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]
[roll12] [roll13]

If the hostile kreen does NOT attack, total defense for +6 Dodge bonus to AC.


And for the gobbos...
[roll14] [roll15]
10' radius burst, reflex 15, etc. Still throwing at the hostile kreen
[roll16] [roll17]
[roll18] [roll19]
[roll20] [roll21]
[roll22] [roll23] (+1 to attack and damage if within 30')

NoDot
2007-10-14, 12:59 AM
Karsh

If the archer doesn't fall before his initiative, Karsh'll come down on top of him with Hideous Blow + Unarmed Strike.


[roll=Damage]3d6+1d8

If the archer's dead, he'll hang back and watch the rest of the fight.

NoDot
2007-10-14, 01:03 AM
Karsh

((OK, that didn't work...))

[roll0]
[roll1]

Solo
2007-10-14, 01:06 AM
Marcus Flees the Scene and ends up traveling 35 feet in the direction Ferah is in, hopefully overshooting Ferah's opponent and flanking him.

His decoy image has something to say, however.

Hey you! Get a load of this! the programmed image cried out, vigorously air humping in the enemy's direction.

NoDot
2007-10-14, 01:11 AM
Karsh

I stand corrected. If the archer falls, Karsh attacks Solo's image, despite likely seeing the real one...

Talfrey
2007-10-14, 01:11 AM
The archer falls to their knees, and before their blades even cross, Ferah's opponent growls.

"Another time."

Leaping back, he escapes into nothingness.

NoDot
2007-10-14, 01:15 AM
Karsh

After clobbering Marcus's image, Karsh hollers at the real thing, "Some of us have morals! You..."

Solo
2007-10-14, 01:17 AM
Hey, I know of them, Marcus retorts.


Say, shall we stabilize the sorceress? Marcus asks, dusting off his robes.

They seemed rather weak, didn't they? Wonder what's up with that...

NoDot
2007-10-14, 01:24 AM
Karsh

((Is is possible to use EB non-leathally? If so...))

[roll0]
[roll1]

"There are reasons why that tactic isn't used."

Turning to the new people, "I'm Karsh, resident pink-beam shooter. Who are you?"

Solo
2007-10-14, 01:29 AM
Marcus returns the favor in a non lethal manner.


You are unwise to lower your defense!

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]
Sneak Attack damage: [roll2]

Talfrey
2007-10-14, 03:42 AM
Chris's rage dies away, but having been in a battle with absolutely no action for himself seems to leave him angry when he's not berzerk.

"You two idiots stop it. Those three are just scouts. Bloody Anti-Ferah used his magical get-away-no-matter-what power. I HATED that in game. We're going to have some serious forces heading this way. I say we head to the academy and fortify it. What do yall think? We could always run."

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-14, 11:25 AM
Ferah

With the battle over, Ferah sheathed her unused blades and returned Windslasher to its holder. She ignored the antics of Marcus, her thoughts occupied with the strange warrior that had challenged her.

"Yes, stabilize her, and the archer too, if they live. They may be able to tell us something useful. Once they can safely be moved, we continue to the Academy, and since Chris seems to know something about all this, perhaps he can explain along the way."

Solo
2007-10-14, 12:21 PM
Heal: [roll0]

Do you feel better?, Marcus asks the pair, as he cuffs them in manacles, and deprives them of their equipment.


I say, if we intent to fortify the Academy, we'd have a hard time of it, as it is too... big for a small group such as us. We need to either find more people or take out all the important things we can find.

Incidentally, does the Academy still have supplies of Portable Holes, Bags of Holding, or Handy Haversacks?

Talfrey
2007-10-14, 02:05 PM
The academy is as of now picked clean of any magical loot.

Chris explains the situation simply, "I'm not SURE this is what's going on, but in one possible arc in the game you got attacked by a whole army while exploring the old school. It started with an encounter with two random guys and anti-ferah."

Solo
2007-10-14, 02:15 PM
Marcus separates the two captives and starts to grill them.


Marcus interrogates the archer:

I have you now! You are beaten. It is useless to resist, for there is no escape. Your leader has fled before us, for he is as clumsy as he is stupid. Don't make me destroy you. You will join me or DIE!

Now, I want to know what are your plans.


Intimidate: [roll0]


As for the Sorceress:

Seduction check! (Finally...)

Diplomacy: [roll1]

Talfrey
2007-10-14, 03:05 PM
Your checks fail.

They are still unconcious

Solo
2007-10-14, 03:13 PM
Your checks fail.

They are still unconcious

Obviously, i interrogate them when they're back to consciousness....

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-14, 04:37 PM
Ferah

"Who or what is this Anti-Ferah?"

Talfrey
2007-10-14, 06:57 PM
Sometime later...

Marcus..

The archer explains to you that they are merely scouts, an advance guard of the army. Their tiny group's leader is not their real leader anyway.

The attempted seduction fails, but on the plus side, she's no longer hostile towards you.

Chris answers Ferah's question, "His name is 'Rik'lisk' and is a Thri-Keen that was in all your classes, and followed pretty much the exact training regime as you... only found himself always beaten by you. He came to think of you as his rival, but you didn't think of him as such. He's your unknown rival! Of course now he's enhanced himself with a good bit of magic... so a one on one fight might be harder than it used to be."

Solo
2007-10-14, 07:40 PM
I have learned that these dogs are but scouts for an invasion force, Ferah Marcus informs her. How shall we handle this? Are we to make our last stand at the Academy?

Marcus decides to interrogate the prisoners for more information about the composition of the invasion force.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-14, 08:35 PM
Ferah

"An entire army... What resources do we have at our disposal? A source of healing will be especially important if we try fighting an army. We can keep from being mobbed easily enough within the academy, but in a battle of attrition, they can sustain far more losses than us. Guerrilla warfare would be our best option if we have to fight. Ambushes, hit and run attacks, and whatever traps we can devise. Unless the army is full of former students, we also have the advantage of knowing the layout of this place. Of course, ideally the leader of the army decides that attacking four peop-" "Eight!" "Eight people would be a waste of resources and just ignore us."

Ferah then turns to Karsh.
"I am Ferah, warrior of the Sublime Way. Perhaps later we can trade stories, but for now, we need to prepare for this army."

Solo
2007-10-14, 09:11 PM
You know, I can still casts up to second level spells. If you need anything, I'll see if i can profide it.

(psst! we need XP!)

Talfrey
2007-10-14, 10:37 PM
Chris frowns, "It's not going to work out like in the game... in the game you just had to defend against a ton of small waves until your friends arrived with a whole army... that's not going to happen I think..."

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-14, 10:46 PM
Ferah

"Was the friendly army arriving a fluke, or had they been called to help?"

Talfrey
2007-10-14, 10:48 PM
"Called to help I'm afraid." says Chris. "Hmmm... I'm starting to think running is a better and better idea..."

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-14, 10:53 PM
Ferah

"Karsh, do you know of any friendly armies near here?"

Solo
2007-10-14, 11:02 PM
Or maybe we could call someone?

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-14, 11:07 PM
Ferah

"I already did, but if there is no army within a reasonably short distance, it does us no good to call them if we will be long dead before they arrive."

With these words, Ferah sends out another sliver message.

"It seems we have a hostile army bearing down on us here at the Academy, should we wait for assistance or try to escape?"

Talfrey
2007-10-15, 01:49 AM
Chris separates Marcus and Karsh, then uses his "hands of a thousand places" attack, which isn't really an attack as much of a Ki based healing technique to restore Karsh to full health.

"Heh, it actually works here I would just look silly in my world."

NoDot
2007-10-15, 02:01 AM
Karsh

Karsh takes out a wand form his Bag of Holding and asks, "Does anyone have Cure Light Wounds on their spell list?"

Turning to the newcomer, he replies, "I don't know of any armies nearby, but it would be wise to avoid that direction." He points in the direction of the noble's house he robbed before being forced to hole up in the Academy.

((Sorry about being lazy looking up the wealth table. More in OOC...))

Solo
2007-10-15, 11:56 AM
Chris separates Marcus and Karsh, then uses his "hands of a thousand places" attack


Marcus raises an eyebrow.

OK, team! Lets make a plan! Karsh, we've been away for a while. I would like to know what's been going on at the academy, and if there are any resources here we may use. Chris, your knowledge of the game will be an asset. How did we defend against the army?


Oh, and since Marcus is probably smarter that his player, I roll a Knowledge: Tactics check: [roll0] to come up with a Cunning Plan (tm)

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-15, 01:52 PM
Ferah

"Chris, how often can you do that? It is exactly the kind of thing we need if we have to fight."

Talfrey
2007-10-15, 07:37 PM
"Maybe... once?" Chris answers you sheepishly.

As for Marcus' brilliant strategy... your best bet would be a choke point... and an anti magic field to prevent that choke point from being fire balled into oblivion.

NoDot
2007-10-15, 09:29 PM
Karsh

"I've been holed up in the Academy with the plant for a few weeks staving off the Maacain. I have a Bag of Holding, 5000 gp, four Wands of CLW, and a mess of other items I haven't cataloged yet. The rest of my stash (and everything in the Academy) has been used up. Now, excuse me while I go bury the corpse of an ally."

With that, Karsh goes and buries the body of IzaOza's character.

Talfrey
2007-10-15, 09:31 PM
Oddly enough... you don't find one.

Solo
2007-10-15, 09:31 PM
Marcus asks to split the wands of CLW between the pair of Warlocks.

We can also make use of the Bags of Holding; you guys can jump into the bag, I'll teleport to a safe place, we'll jump out, harass the enemy, then repeat as necessary.

Also, do we have any choke points here that are also covered by an anti-magic field?

[Does Marcus recall anything like that at the school?]

NoDot
2007-10-15, 09:37 PM
Karsh

"I have one Bag of Holding and I'm not sure we can fit everyone in there. If we can, no one touches my gold! Also, I can use these things just half the time before messing up. What about you?"

((I have a total of +9 to UMD checks. What do you have?))

[edit] ((Ditto for Karsh))

Solo
2007-10-15, 09:39 PM
((I have a total of +9 to UMD checks. What do you have?))

((+12 (+14 if I wanted it that way), and the ability to take 10.))

I am certain tha we can all fit into the BAg of Holding, and I am equally certain tha tI can make good use of those wands.

NoDot
2007-10-15, 09:46 PM
Karsh

"If that is so, then feel free."

Karsh starts to hand over the wand before thinking of something. "If you can teleport, why are we fighting?"

Solo
2007-10-15, 09:49 PM
Only short distance teleportation. I'm more of a deadpool than a nightcrawler.

Talfrey
2007-10-15, 09:50 PM
"I think he means short distance teleportation. Am I right Marcus?" Says Chris as he rummages through piles of old armor.

NoDot
2007-10-15, 09:55 PM
Karsh

"How ofter can you do this?"

Solo
2007-10-15, 10:05 PM
As long as needed.

Talfrey
2007-10-15, 10:44 PM
"He means as often." Chris chimes in.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-15, 11:06 PM
Ferah

"An what will we breathe while we're in the bag?" "Yeah, bags dun hold air forever!"

Solo
2007-10-15, 11:11 PM
A bag of Holding has a ten minute supply of air that is refreshed every time the bag is opened.

NoDot
2007-10-17, 02:20 AM
Karsh

"Forgive my bad speech," ((I meant "often")) "but I meant to ask, 'how often are you able to teleport? At will? One per minute?'""

Solo
2007-10-17, 06:13 AM
...Once every six seconds, with enough time left over to be able to talk and move thirty feet.

This is an example of a question that could best be resolved, however, in the OOC thread or via PM, as you demand an answer so specific that it borders on metagame knowledge of events.

Seriously, though, you know I'm a warlock, you know I have Flee the Scene as an invocation, now come on and put two and two together! , Marcus replies, rather waspishly.

Talfrey
2007-10-17, 02:39 PM
I think he was more asking if it was an item or an invocation or an ability, were the uses limited basically

NoDot
2007-10-18, 08:00 AM
Karsh

"I remember that ability now, but that still fails to answer why we're not running. In ten minutes, we could be almost a mile away!"

Solo
2007-10-18, 08:42 AM
Well, if we're moving through the urban landscape of the acedemy, it pays to be able to go through walls and directly into buildings.

Ferah and I were discussing, after all, how to conduct asymetrical warfare in defense of the Academy.

Say, how long do you suppose we have until the enemy arrives,Marcus turns to the archer and asks.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-18, 06:20 PM
Ferah

Ferah listens to the discussion intently, glad that someone else was handling things for a change. All of the major points seemed to have been covered. Then she had a thought.

"Joe, are there any limits to your bag?" "Well..."

I know that it'll never run out of dynamite, and that only he can use it, and the limits to bundling sticks together. Is there a limit to how much can be out at once, and could we 'stockpile' some premade bundles for later use?

Talfrey
2007-10-18, 07:48 PM
Unfortunately, the sticks come out lit, and I believe I already gave you the maximum amount they can be delayed. (10 rounds) Which is how long it takes to bundle them together for max damage.

Solo
2007-10-18, 11:25 PM
I say me and the explosives expert go around blowing things up and harassing the enemy, whilst the rest of you come up with your own plans.

NoDot
2007-10-19, 12:23 AM
Karsh

"Yeah, you guys go and get yourselves killed. The rest of us can escape in the confusion."

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-19, 01:03 AM
Ferah

"Expert?" "He means you're good at blowing things up." "Heh, yeah I am."


"If we do run while Joe and Marcus cause a distraction, where will we run TO?"

NoDot
2007-10-19, 01:21 AM
Karsh

"How about in the opposite direction of the army?"

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-19, 01:53 PM
Ferah

"Yes, the idea is to run FROM the approaching army, but where do we run TO? Unless we are the only survivors left on our side of this fight, simply running away does nobody any good. Somewhere there has to be a stronghold or something where we can regroup and figure out what exactly is going on."

Solo
2007-10-19, 02:12 PM
Ferah

"Yes, the idea is to run FROM the approaching army, but where do we run TO? Unless we are the only survivors left on our side of this fight, simply running away does nobody any good. Somewhere there has to be a stronghold or something where we can regroup and figure out what exactly is going on."

And food. Food is important.

Solo
2007-10-19, 11:00 PM
Marcus will ask the archer and the sorceress.

I would like to know how long we have to the invasion, and how many men will we be fighting. Tell, and your sins may yet be forgiven.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

(If you judge intimidate to be the proper skill, take off two points)


Edit:

(Ha! A natural twenty! Show me anything that beats a natural twenty, and i will show you a bag of HATEFUL LIES! HATEFUL LIES!)

Talfrey
2007-10-19, 11:11 PM
"We number about five hundred strong, the greatest of our number are a pair of war mages."

You find... Rubble, Barrels, and Gargoyles.

Solo
2007-10-19, 11:34 PM
And from which direction will the attack come from?

Talfrey
2007-10-19, 11:36 PM
If they come, it will be coming from the east. We were in the middle of marching towards the Elven Capitol.

Solo
2007-10-19, 11:38 PM
Very well. I'll put a good word in for you when it is all over.

Marcus will now come up with a Cunning Plan (tm)

NoDot
2007-10-20, 01:12 AM
Karsh

"It sounds as though heading to this Elven city might be our best bet. Fighting alone would be unwise..." Karsh trails off as he tries to recall if the noble's house he robbed before coming to the Academy was in the Elven city or not.

((Was it?))

Solo
2007-10-20, 01:27 AM
I suppose we could also go there... but then again, I do hate to see this place despoiled... shall we vote? All fou-EIGHT! of us will vote for which plan to go for. Either stay and defend or move out.

Talfrey
2007-10-20, 03:07 PM
Chris chimes in, "The Elven Capitol was decimated, wasn't it? I don't suppose my meddling could have changed THAT."

Solo
2007-10-20, 03:45 PM
Hmm... wasn't there and Elf prince we tried to track down at the beginning of this mess that fled the destruction of the Elven capitol?

NoDot
2007-10-21, 01:59 AM
Karsh

"Destruction of the Elven capitol... This is news."

Solo
2007-10-21, 02:02 AM
So we're stuck here then.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-21, 04:33 PM
Ferah

"Why would an army be marching to a ruined city... See if you can get any more information from the scouts. There must be something important there, and if there is, We should get to it first."

Solo
2007-10-21, 05:02 PM
Marcus interrogates the scouts yet again.

What business, praytell, would an army have marching towards a conquered city?

Talfrey
2007-10-21, 09:28 PM
"We're just flunkies! We don't know!"

Solo
2007-10-22, 12:11 AM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Talfrey
2007-10-22, 07:52 AM
It would appear they speak lies.

Solo
2007-10-22, 09:14 AM
Your thoughts betray you! Marcus snarls at the man. I feel the lies in you, the deciet!

And now, your highness, perhaps we shall discuss the location of your invading army, and their purpose here?

Talfrey
2007-10-22, 12:40 PM
"Fine!" shouts the archer, "Der all goin' bouts the city o'er yonder ta catch a bunch ah hoodlums what plan ta wake up a certain beastie o' legend an' sic em on our belov'd guvna Amrien. Not ta kindo ting we take loightly. We has orders ta search da city for da passage wit da beast and get rid o' da sods afor the aformentioned wakening. Mission's important enough dey'd stick wit it, but I don't be thinking they can't spare a hundred or so ta deal with you sods!" Then he breaks into wet maniacal laughter.

Solo
2007-10-22, 12:55 PM
"Fine!" shouts the archer, "Der all goin' bouts the city o'er yonder ta catch a bunch ah hoodlums what plan ta wake up a certain beastie o' legend an' sic em on our belov'd guvna Amrien. Not ta kindo ting we take loightly. We has orders ta search da city for da passage wit da beast and get rid o' da sods afor the aformentioned wakening. Mission's important enough dey'd stick wit it, but I don't be thinking they can't spare a hundred or so ta deal with you sods!" Then he breaks into wet maniacal laughter.

I warned you earlier: Join me or die. It seems you have already made your choice.

Marcus coup de gra's the man with a Sneak Attack Eldritch Blast, if no one has any objections.

The fact that you use too many double negatives has only given me more reason to carry out the execution.

Talfrey
2007-10-22, 01:30 PM
The man dies, and with his passing, nothing particular happens.

Now you know how much time you have, and know what you have to do if you plan to survive the attack.

Hop to it!

Solo
2007-10-22, 01:35 PM
I suggest we stall the army here so that whomever is working against Amerin in the city gets more time. All in favor if my aforementioned plan, raise a hand.

Talfrey
2007-10-22, 01:46 PM
The girl finally speaks up, "You seriously think that a mere fifth of the army will be enough to slow down the deaths of the one's in the city? I'd not be surprised if they were already dead. And good riddance. They will be here within the day and you will all be dead."

Solo
2007-10-22, 01:48 PM
Do you have a better idea?

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-22, 02:45 PM
Ferah

"We need to get to the Capitol and warn whoever is there about the approaching army. We can certainly outpace an entire army, and if we also work to delay them, we could easily find the group and have everyone out of there in time."

Solo
2007-10-22, 02:49 PM
Hmm.... also true. Why don't we do that?

But how do we get there quickly? Ferah, can you run while we ride int eh bag of holding or something?

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-22, 03:37 PM
Ferah

"Not for the entire distance, but yes, I could run to get there swiftly."

The SRD says that I can hustle to move 8 miles an hour (assuming plains and some form of road), every hour beyond the first giving me nonlethal damage and Fatigue, I can remove the fatigue easily enough with Iron Heart Surge, but the nonlethal damage will have me collapsing on the 7th straight hour of hustling.

Chris has the same move rate on the Overland scale as I do, but without knowing his level and HP, I can't say how many straight hours he can travel before passing out. Our best bet would be to swap out, giving the other a chance to recover the nonlethal damage.

Walking would be slower (4 miles/hour), but no nonlethal damage.

Talfrey
2007-10-22, 05:16 PM
Chris raises his hand, "I can run pretty fast. I used to run Marathons before I cam here... Wait!" Chris smacks his head. "None of you have visited this place before, right? Then there should still be the secret cache. You can't even get into it until you've practically beaten the game... or alternatively memorized the formula for random combination generated by party composition... I'm the only truly random variable. I don't know our level, or my class... okay this might actually take me a while..." Chris pulls a tiny notepad with the men in black's logo on it and with a pen from the same place begins to make calculations.

"While I'm doing this, I need you Marcus, to teleport around as much as you can. Alright?"

Solo
2007-10-22, 05:19 PM
This is going to be extremely interesting, isn't it?

Marcus starts teleporting around the campus, wondering what the heck is going on.

If it's in a safe, couldn't we try blasting it down?

Talfrey
2007-10-22, 05:30 PM
"NO!" Shouts Chris to Marcus on the roof as he sits in the courtyard. "Right, you see, there's this secret treasure in the game that can grant a single power to each member of the entire party. The power can be used instantly and infinitely, and is one of three options dependent upon what each character's most commonly used ability is. While I don't know about Marcus being a warlock, when he was a more classical mage, he had a ring of infinite minor teleport, thirty feet to be exact. We can have him use it once as a free action, and then once again as a standard action, and then move thirty feet. This might not be as fast as running, but he won't get tired just using magic."

Chris is speaking in crazy to you. Respond accordingly

Solo
2007-10-22, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty sure all my actions are free actions, if you don't count that time I got mind controlled by the tentacle monster in the girl's locker room.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-22, 07:08 PM
Ferah

Ferah stared at Chris. It was strange, one moment he seemed somewhat normal, and the next he was either a berserk maniac or babbling nonsense.

"When did he go crazy?" "Its probably its some kind of psychosis brought on by the high-velocity impacts he suffered earlier."
"...What?" "He got hit by one car too many."

Talfrey
2007-10-22, 09:06 PM
"Right... here's the plan. We gotta enter these codes into the panel hidden beneath the painting in front of Malgarath's little extra dimensional plane. If we enter it right, we enter in his treasury, which will have magical items that key themselves to any "true heroes" that enter." Chris says, excitedly.

"I figured out about eighty different combinations."

Solo
2007-10-22, 09:15 PM
Should only take us about an hour Marcus comments, breezing past you all.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-22, 09:39 PM
Ferah

"Hopefully this panel does not include any traps for someone that enters an incorrect code..."

Talfrey
2007-10-23, 01:22 AM
"Nope!" says Chris as he begins entering in codes.

You hear a trumpet from far away. As Marcus blinks to the roof, in the infinite distance he can make out an immense black mass slowly drifting towards you. The army. It is still very far away, but now within sight.

"What was that?" Chris calls up.

NoDot
2007-10-23, 01:47 AM
Karsh

Karsh sighs. "We should just let the madman be. I'm fast enough to get us near two miles" ((10,000 ft.-I'm a Monk//Warlock, remember?)) "by the time I need to open the bad again."

Solo
2007-10-23, 06:34 AM
It looks like some sort of invading army. Marcus yells back.

We might wanna make up our minds as to what to do really fast. If we're moving away, I say we do so quickly.

NoDot
2007-10-23, 06:46 AM
Karsh

Karsh flies up high and makes a Spot check. Information is valuable.

[roll0]

Talfrey
2007-10-23, 12:44 PM
The army is only composed of your typical soldier type mooks.

Chris yells, "No! with these we can deal with the army heading towards the capitol! Marcus! Keep teleporting!"

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-23, 01:15 PM
Ferah

"If you are right about the items, you had best hurry with those codes, we are not going to risk a confrontation with that army with only our current assets."

Solo
2007-10-23, 01:17 PM
There's better be something spectacular when this is finished!

Talfrey
2007-10-23, 02:39 PM
Chris continues to press crystals in the tiny statue beside Malgarath's door, while the hundred soldiers move closer. If you do not run now, they will be able to move to surround you.

Solo
2007-10-23, 03:02 PM
Marcus grabs Joe and teleports on top of a nearby building. Make as big a bomb as you can. We're going on a raid.

Talfrey
2007-10-23, 06:03 PM
Joe withdraws sticks from the back and starts toward taping them together with a big roll of silver duck tape.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-23, 07:02 PM
Ferah

"This is gonna be fun!"

"Karsh, get your bag ready. Chris, you had better find the right code about now, we are running out of time here!"

Talfrey
2007-10-23, 07:12 PM
The army moves, surrounding the academy in four twenty five person units, and begins to close in on your tiny band of adventurers...

Roll Initiative

Solo
2007-10-23, 07:28 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

A new challenger has arrived! Marcus announced, striking a dramatic poise.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-23, 08:30 PM
Ferah
[roll0]

"Chris, we need to go! If the items are in there, they will still be in there when we come back later. We are NOT equipped to deal with this army while you try to guess the right code!"

Talfrey
2007-10-23, 09:32 PM
"Gaaaah!" Shouts Chris as he punches the wall, throwing himself to his feet.

"Let's move then!" he shouts up and runs towards Ferah. "How are we getting out!?"

Solo
2007-10-23, 09:35 PM
Joe, I want you to dynamite a building further down the street in order to slow down the advance of the enemy. Is that possible?

As for how to escape, one of us can fly, one of us can run, and the rest of us can fit into a Bag of Holding and breath as long as the opening isn't closed.

Talfrey
2007-10-23, 09:49 PM
"RIGHT!" shouts the goblin who's sitting on Marcus' shoulders and then he wings the wrapped up dynamite towards the main archway into the Academy.

"OH SHI-" You hear a somewhat familiar voice sound out as the bundle clatters to the ground held tight by it's sliver bonds. Then a concussive force erupts from the point and decimates the area around it. several soldiers are missing, and others are clearly dead, though many seem fine. An irritated Thri-keen stands atop the rubble, kukri's drawn.

"I'll not let you get away with that Ferah." He says as he glares at his fellow Thri-keen.

Chris looks around, "Wasn't it Marcus and Joe who threw that? This NPC is really fricking annoying. I think he's glitched cause he's alive."

Solo
2007-10-23, 09:56 PM
"I'll not let you get away with that Ferah." He says as he glares at his fellow Thri-keen.


But... but... but... hey, we did that! Give credit where credit is due, ya berkin' berk! Marcus stutters, as he prepares to defend himself.

Marcus casts Shield on himself for 17 AC.

Ok whoever you are! Prepare for oblivion, for which there is no preparation!

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-23, 11:04 PM
Ferah
HP 49/68 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) Initiative 6

"Doc, Mark, Lid, concentrate on the soldiers, save the big gun for later." "Got it!" "Roger." "..."
Ferah readies her weapons, assuming a defensive stance.
"I had a feeling we would meet again. Planning on running away again?"

Readied action to attack anyone that attacks me. Will be fighting defensively for the +3 to AC.
[roll0] [roll1] Crit confirm/damage (26/7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1332786) If confirmed, Blood in the Water ratchets up to +1.

If the attack is ranged and from within 100', add +1 to the attack roll, plus range modifiers as needed (20' increments), and +1 to attack and damage if within 30', expending Disarming Strike to give the kukri the Returning property.


Goblins... will also be readying actions, against hostile actions in general. Doc and Mark will ignore anti-me, but Lid isn't the brightest, so if anti-me trips the readied action first, he gets shot at. Also, since I forgot to in my previous post, I'll get them some initiatives. Joe (http://profiler.thetangledweb.net/view.php?id=22847) (linked for Marcus's benefit) can run on Marcus's init, which makes sense for their current shenanigans.

[roll2]
[roll3] [roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9] [roll10] (+1 to attack and damage if within 30')

NoDot
2007-10-24, 01:07 AM
Karsh

[roll0]

Karsh flies over the mook army as high as he can and smacks the weakest-looking with an Eldritch Spear.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Talfrey
2007-10-24, 01:23 AM
Karsh, Lid, and Doc all drop a soldier each, as the Thri-Keen warrior steps forward and with another move is streaking barely above the ground with a deadly leap attack at Ferah.

[roll0]
[roll1] and Acid Damage [roll2]

Meanwhile the soldiers all begin their attacks... (I'm doing this with my own dice for the ease of me)

The goblins are swarmed, and it takes little effort for Doc to get knocked out. Mark gets a gash, but Lid does well enough to avoid serious harm.

None of the soldiers have a way to strike either Marcus or Karsh at the moment, and thus instead turn towards the only other land based opponent. Chris steps a short distance forward and allows himself to be surrounded, and as soon as he is, his body begins to writhe and convulse with movement as he lashes out one after the other before dropping to a knee.

"FERAH! These guys are nothing but fodder!"

He shouts proudly, laughing until a rain of arrows from behind pelts his exposed back.

NoDot
2007-10-24, 01:33 AM
Karsh

For the next few turns, Karsh'll be using EB at the mooks, at least until something changes.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Solo
2007-10-24, 01:37 AM
Joe, bombardment!

Marcus cries, as positions himself and fires an Eldritch Blast, mystical energy surging around him as he charges up the attack at Anti-Ferah.


KAMEHAMEHA!


Attack:[roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

NoDot
2007-10-24, 01:47 AM
Karsh

Karsh is wondering if he's heard anything remotely like what Marcus and Chris keep blabbering on about. ((Check in OOC))

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-24, 06:03 PM
Ferah
HP 35/68 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) Initiative 6
Fighting Defensively, +3 Dodge to AC
Blood in the Water at +1

"So you are willing to fight this time. Good."
Maintaining her defensive posture, Ferah begins the dance of combat, blades flashing through the air.

Everything seemed to slow down as Lid watched Doc fall. Doc was the closest thing to a father figure Lid had (or at least, remembered he had). In his small mind, there was only one thing to do.
"NOOOOOOOOOO!"
Grabbing the energy weapon from his fallen friend, he prepares to fire it, then pauses. Which of the soldiers was the one that had struck Doc? A quick look around didn't reveal any obvious subjects, so he picked someone at random, aimed, and fired.

Mark has no clue what was going on in Lid's head, but after seeing what he was going for, tries to cover him as best he can.

Ye olde fulle attacke. Still fighting Defensively.
[roll0] [roll=1d4+4]
[roll1] [roll=1d4+2]
[roll2] [roll=1d4+2]
[roll3] [roll=1d4+2]
[roll4] [roll=1d4+4]
[roll5] [roll=1d6+2] (damage 7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1334101))
...well, I messed up the damage rolls, but looking at the attack rolls, that doesn't exactly matter. IC'd a damage roll for the only one likely to hit.

Also, should there be a critical threat on me, Wall of Blades it. [roll6]

[roll7] [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10]

Pick a foe at random for Lid, if you deem it appropriate/funny that he attacks Anti-me, go for it.
[roll11] [roll12]

Talfrey
2007-10-24, 06:26 PM
Anti-Ferah growls and takes a five foot step backwards.

He throws all his knives away, and quickly draws out another set of knives to cut.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Then suddenly, all the knives that had been thrown away come spinning back and tear at Ferah.

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

He laughs, "Between the powers granted to me by my lord, and my training, I've FAR exceeded you!"

He laughs at you loudly.

Lid's rifle explodes and he sends himself flying across the battlefield with a pull of the trigger while an energy spike the size of the infamous Crabthulhu erupts from the rifle and creeps across the battlefield. One by one, the soldiers leap out of it's way, Ferah notices at the last moment of it's approach and collapses to the ground, while it passes inches above her face. The aptly named Anti-Ferah is slightly too busy cackling as he sees Ferah collapse to notice it.

It strikes him hard in the chest and he screams as he's thrown far across the battlefield into a wall. As he tries to rise, Marcus puts an Eldritch blast through his chest.

I altered the way the gun worked to be more like a Rocket Launcher

Solo
2007-10-24, 06:46 PM
(Did my blast have any effect?)

Suck it, nameless henchman!

Marcus fires a somewhat less powerful Eldritch Blast at a random foot soldier.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

edit: Not flanking, cut damage by half.

Probably didn't hit though.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-24, 07:43 PM
Ferah
HP 31/68 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) Initiative 6
Fighting Defensively, +3 Dodge to AC
Blood in the Water at +1 (9 rounds)

Ferah evades most of the oncoming blows with ease. As she prepares to launch into her counterattacks, she hears an all-too-familiar noise behind her, turns, and drops.

After the energy finishes passing overhead, she gets up, surveying the effect it had. Surprisingly, he hadn't been vaporized by the impact, but he certainly felt it.

"You know, you sound exactly like Eric did before he got vaporized, and for all your 'power' and 'training', you seem to be making as much progress as he did. I can understand your grudge, but joining forces with a monster like Amrien for a boost in power? I would offer you the chance to save yourself, but from what I see of you, you are beyond saving."

Lid, seeing the awesome effect of the weapon in his hands, lines up another shot at a hapless soldier.

move action to stand from prone, readied action to use Disarming Strike if my opponent persists in fighting. Still fighting defensively.

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] (Damn light weapons. Still, he'll have the same penalty there, so it works out.)

Again, on a critical threat (didn't see one last round), Wall of Blades [roll3]

[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

Unless your changes to the energy gun included more ammo, I'm assuming its dry, and not making any rolls for Lid.

Talfrey
2007-10-24, 08:44 PM
The warrior growls, "What are you talking about? Eric didn't die. He transcended. Amrien is trying to give him corporeal form ever since. Once he's returned, he will make Belial look like a puppy! And believe me when I say... I WILL NOT DIE SO EASILY!!!"

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Talfrey
2007-10-24, 08:46 PM
[roll0]

Critical hit threat

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-24, 11:31 PM
Ferah
HP 13/68 AC[touch](Flatfooted) 20[14](16) Initiative 6
Blood in the Water at +1 (8 rounds)

This fight needed to end soon. Staying on the defensive had been a bad choice, it had given her opponent ample time to overpower her defenses. It was time to return the favor.
Little One, I need you to distract him, interfere with his movements as much as you can.

"We shall see about that."

Full attack, no fighting defensively.
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]

My sliver is Aiding Another, if his attack hits AC 10, I get a lovely +2 to AC against the first attack anti-me makes on me.
[roll12]

[roll13] [roll14]
[roll15] [roll16]

[roll17] [roll18] (+1 to both if within 30')

Solo
2007-10-24, 11:47 PM
Marcus moves behing Ferah and casts Protection from Evil on her.

NoDot
2007-10-26, 07:52 AM
Karsh

"Hey, don't forget about the army we have over here!"

Karsh returns to firing off Eldritch Blast.

Talfrey
2007-10-26, 07:31 PM
Anti-Ferah laughs at Ferah, "You're PITIFUL! And to THINK I ever thought of YOU as my rival.


DIE!"


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

As the last strokes of his blades cut into Ferah, soldiers continue to fall to the efforts of the goblins, warlocks, and barbarian.

Solo
2007-10-26, 07:48 PM
Marcus casts Baleful Utterance on one of Anti-Ferah's blades.

DC 15 will save or shattered. If shattered, DC 15 fort. save or stunned for one round.

Talfrey
2007-10-26, 10:04 PM
The kukri shatters in his hand, but it only seems to infuriate him.

He kicks away the fallen Ferah, and then takes a step back.

"The soldiers here are more than enough to kill the rest of you..."

Almost as if on cue, as he leaps away, a triad of soldiers leap at Marcus.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

As the next platoon arrives, they all sheath their weapons and draw their bows, aiming into the sky.

Chris the goblins have only about five of the original platoon remaining when another twenty five enter to their left.

Current soldiers: 55

Soldiers to come: 25

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-26, 10:34 PM
Ferah
HP -7/68 (pending stabilization roll)
[roll0]

"JOE, WE NEED MORE BOOM!"
Holstering one of his guns, Mark checks on Doc, making sure he isn't dead, and trying to stop him from dying if need be.
[roll1]

Lid keeps firing at soldiers, occasionally looking at the energy gun to see if the big flashing ZERO CHARGE was still there, as it seemed to be the cause of it no longer functioning.
[roll2] [roll3]

And Joe, cackling with maniacal glee, lobs a stick of dynamite towards the archer platoon.
[roll4] [roll5]
Aimed to maximize number of people in the blast.

Solo
2007-10-26, 11:48 PM
I know what you're thinking. "Don't we outnumber them ten to one? Won't we win through numbers?"

Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of forgot to count how many of us there are. But, seeing as we'll be slaguhtering you like cockroaches before you scratch us, who amongst you will be the first to die? Will it be you or you or you?

Marcus point at several men as he speaks, eldritch fire dancing along his fingertips.


Now, being as this is an Eldritch Blast, the most powerful blasting invocation on the battlefield, and would blow your little heads clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?"

Well, do ya, punk? Do ya?

Intimidate: [roll0]

Talfrey
2007-10-27, 12:02 AM
The soldiers around Marcus seem shaken by his words, but come at him anyway.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Soldiers in the back aim high and fire towards the flying Karsh, who has maneuvered to hid behind a rampart for cover.

[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]
[roll31]

It takes little effort for the remaining goblins to get shot down...

Meanwhile Chris has gotten so much attention of his own that he looks like a living pin cushion.

Elswhere...

There is an immense army set between you and the academy... something tells you, in the back of your mind, that you need to save whoever is in the academy...

Mentos checks the scroll from the earlier identify, desperate for SOMETHING.

Oddly enough, there appears to be a new line...

To activate the adminatium armor plating, simply state the word "Narrassillus"

Solo
2007-10-27, 01:03 AM
Marcus grabs Ferah's body and teleports to the top of a roof, out of sight of the attackers.

MEDIC!

An illusion of Marcus stay in place downstairs, vigerously air humping in the enemy's direction.

I would ask who your daddy is, but I ALREADY KNOW!

NoDot
2007-10-27, 05:18 AM
Karsh

"Marcus, I swear I'm gonna kill you later if you don't stop those images!" ((Only taking a Free Action, ATM. Will wait for responce form OOC thread before taking others.))

NoDot
2007-10-27, 06:25 AM
Karsh

Karsh reaches into his Bag of Holding and pulls out...

Talfrey
2007-10-27, 06:52 AM
A grand piano.

The piano plummets to crush six archers who are unable to get out from underneath it's dark and foreboding shadow.

NoDot
2007-10-27, 06:55 AM
Karsh

Karsh stares, trying to remember when he packed that in, then at how many archers died from the fall. Then he wonders what the price tag was...

[edit] Then he wonders if it's still usable...

NoDot
2007-10-27, 07:16 AM
Karsh

Spot Check to see the new guys coming...

[roll0]

pingcode20
2007-10-27, 07:42 AM
Mentos
The cart screeches to a halt outside the battle as Mentos pulls out his spyglass and has a quick survey of the battlefield, before turning the cart to point at the largest concentration of archers he can find.

"Narrassillus." he says, covering the cart in adamantine plating. Rummaging through the supplies, he finds a small iron pot and puts it on his head as a helmet, and spurs the cart to the completely irresponsible and likely highly dangerous maximum speed.

"For the glory of the Grey Academy!" he yells at the top of his lungs, holding the spyglass in the air triumphantly, as the 200lb cart goes barrelling into the archers who were too slow to get out of the way at 140 miles an hour.

((So... do you want to roll the 70d6 damage, or should I?))

NoDot
2007-10-27, 07:51 AM
Karsh

Karsh peers for a moment behind his concealment again, watching some sort of cart barrel through the enemy. "Who are yo-DON'T HIT THE PIANO!" ((Seriously, if you can avoid it, don't hit it! That's money right there, if it still works!))

Solo
2007-10-27, 10:12 AM
I NEED A MEDIC! Marcus shouts at Krash again, as Ferah keeps bleeding.

NoDot
2007-10-27, 12:40 PM
Karsh

((Are we still in Initiative?))

At first opportunity, Karsh flies over the Marcus and gives him a Wand of CLW. If it's less than 50 ft., he'll smack someone with EB. If he sees Anti-Ferah in Spear range, he'll smack him instead of a mook.

Tacitus
2007-10-27, 02:17 PM
Kuruk

In a rather strange looking harness of sorts upon the armored cart stands a centaur that one might swear would need the harness to not fall over even if the cart was standing still. Where centaurs are generally known for their incredible strength this particular one seems run down with his arms hanging limply at his sides. A slow rumbling voice spills from his lips with a flat expression on his face, "Oh no. We're going, to die. It will be, a minty explosion."

Initiative, if/when needed: [roll0]

Talfrey
2007-10-27, 04:18 PM
Please reroll Initiative, and take a surprise round caused by Mentos' impressive destruction.

The cart erupts forward as though hell itself had erupted from it's hind, and tears across the battlefield like a blade through flesh, all within it's path shattering and rending into twisted hunks of flesh and warped armour. Launching up the rubble at the entrance, it flies for a few moments across the campus courtyard, and then lands hard, smearing a number of the archers beneath it.

The adamantium armor opens, and recedes back into the cart.

The opposing army stands stunned.

How much damage DID those soldiers take?
[roll0]

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-27, 04:38 PM
Ferah
HP -7 (pending roll)
[roll0]

Ferah...

bleeds some more, although the overall blood loss seems to have slowed down.

pingcode20
2007-10-27, 07:20 PM
[roll0]

Mentos
"Haha! Yes!" said Mentos, as he emerged from the cart, pot still on his head (if a little dented).

"A minty explosion, you say? Great idea!"

Mentos took out a tiny bottle of what looked like mint concentrate, and lobbed it into the largest concentration of enemies (without catching himself or any of the others in it), causing an enormous, nauseating plume of mint to erupt from the center of the formation, causing all but a few lucky ones to double over in the overpowering smell of mint.

If he can spot any of the warmages (ie. they dress differently) he drops it to catch them instead.

Stinking Cloud (a.k.a. 'Minty Cloud') DC 21 fortitude to resist.
Aimed to catch as many of the soldiers (and the warmages if identified) as possible, while blocking line of sight to the cart.

20'x20' area of effect.

Solo
2007-10-27, 08:46 PM
Bout time we got some reinforcements, Marcus mumbles, peeking over the edge of the roof at the enemy, looking for Anti-Ferah.

If needed, my spot check:
[roll0]

Talfrey
2007-10-27, 08:51 PM
It would appear Anti-Ferah is gone.

The army is still an impressive distance from the academy, and there seems to be a large line in the middle of it in the path that the rocket cart just took. The forces inside seem to be succumbing to a mix of a piano, a rocket cart, a stinking cloud, and a dead but still moving berserker. A mook amidst the crowd raises an arm and shouts "RETREAT!" and the few remaining soldiers begin to run, Chris limping after them.

Solo
2007-10-27, 08:55 PM
Marcus quickly grabs Ferah and teleports her to Kurek the paladin.

We need a medic, stat!


(btw, give me a wand of healing, Karsh)

pingcode20
2007-10-27, 09:39 PM
Mentos
"I'm a doctor!" grins Mentos, putting his hands together with the thumbs up and the index fingers pointing forward like a sort of gun.

"Stand back, this could be messy!"

After muttering some sort of odd incantation, a little arc of white light forms between Mentos' fingers and Ferah, somewhat reminiscent of a Jacob's ladder.

Firing off as many Cure Lights and Cure Serious wounds as necessary, starting with Cure Serious wounds.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Stopping, of course, when Ferah is on full health again or told to stop. Once Ferah is on full again, healing up anyone else who is in critical condition.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-27, 10:00 PM
Ferah

Ferah awoke to the familiar sensation of magical healing... and the not-so-familiar overpowering odor of mint. In fact, it was likely the mint that brought her around, it was strong enough to TASTE. Looking for the source of the stench, she noted the new arrivals as well as the retreating group of soldiers. She stood patiently as the healing continued, stretching a bit to ensure everything was working and pain free.
"I seem to have missed quite a bit, how long was I out? And who are the new arrivals?"

I'm topped off on the 4th casting.

Solo
2007-10-27, 10:19 PM
Stat report: friendlies have arrived, and the op for is pulling out, but the main army's bearing down on us.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-27, 10:27 PM
Ferah

"...What happened to them continuing towards the Elven Capital? If we are their target now, running is certainly a good idea, although if Chris can be brought out of his current state, maybe we can get into that vault he was talking about before the rest of the army gets here. If the gear he says is in there is as powerful as he says it is, perhaps we can deal with the army properly."

Ferah goes over the battlefield, recovering her kukris and hauling the goblins over to the wagon, noting as she does that the mint seems to be most concentrated there.

pingcode20
2007-10-27, 11:01 PM
Mentos
"Mentos, the Freshmaker at your service!" grinned Mentos, turning to each of the goblins in turn and healing them as they arrived.

((Just firing off the cure spells going down the list))

Talfrey
2007-10-27, 11:12 PM
Chris finally collapses.

NEO|Phyte
2007-10-27, 11:24 PM
Ferah

"We had better go make sure he is alive, he seems to be remarkably resilient for a human, but that is a LOT of arrows. He also knows a surprising amount of things regarding the situation here, considering his origin. Mentos, you had best come with me, every moment is critical at this point."

Ferah moves swiftly over to the arrow-studded body and starts hauling it back to the others, pausing to give Mentos a chance to heal him.

pingcode20
2007-10-27, 11:51 PM
Mentos
"Oh, he's not one of the soldiers? Okay then."

Mentos follows Ferah over to Chris, and heals the collapsed man as much as possible. If healing the goblins made him run out of cure spells, he draws the wand of cure light wounds and uses it until Chris is conscious again.