PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good Fighter fix.

KingGolem
2007-09-30, 01:49 PM
Well, the title says it all. I'm (finally) trying to start a game with my homebrewed campaign setting that I've been working on for about 2 years, on and off. I have fixes/replacements for several of the core classes that I thought needed fixes, except for the Fighter. The reason for this is that there are a LOT of Fighter fixes out there, and I'm having trouble deciding which one is a good one. Do you guys know of any good Fighter fixes out there? I'd really appreciate it if I could get some links to some good ones that you guys know about.

Roderick_BR
2007-09-30, 03:21 PM
I can't pick the better one in this forum, but you may want to look into Tome of Battle to see if it works for you.

KingGolem
2007-09-30, 04:44 PM
I can't pick the better one in this forum, but you may want to look into Tome of Battle to see if it works for you.

Thank you, but I already have Tome of Battle, and it's an interesting sytem and all, but it seems a little too flashy for just a plain old fighter. However, I did see the Fighter/Monk fix in your signature and it seems quite interesting, since it adresses 4 different fighting styles at once. I might use that one, but you said that you can't pick the better one. Do you have a link to any others that I can compare this one to?

EDIT: Ok, upon reading your Fighter/Monk fix further, I noticed the two links above it and I looked at them. So far, your's is the coolest. :smallcool: Anyone else?

TO_Incognito
2007-09-30, 08:42 PM
My favorite was always Yakk's stance fighter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47220&highlight=Stance+Fighter), mostly because I've never been a fan of making whole new lists of 'pseudo-feats' for class fixes (IE: paladin 'Mantles' from the classic GiantITP paladin fix; 'Arts of War' from the classic GiantITP fighter fix).

Good luck with whatever fix works best for your group.

CthulhuM
2007-09-30, 10:03 PM
I'm actually rather fond of the Arts of War (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30692) fix. It adds a lot of new flexibility to the class, and it's pretty easy to adapt it for use by other underpowered fighting classes. That, and it gives fighters something to do with their swift/immediate actions.

Caewil
2007-10-01, 04:07 AM
The Arts of War fix actually fixes the fighter's mobility problems.