PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the Order of the Onyx Dagger



Pages : [1] 2

theevilsmurf88
2007-09-30, 06:18 PM
((OOC:Here is the OOC link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3278762#post3278762)))


You are escorted into a room with several other people. Inside the room a robed figure stands with his back to you. Once you are all in he turns to face you but his hood completely covers his features.

"Welcome Initiates if each of you would please kneel around the dais like we discussed."

Each of you take your right knee around a large circular pedestal and bow your heads. Each of you is dressed in a gorgeous black cloak made of pure velvet and lined with actual silver thread. In preperation each of you stripped down nude leaving all your worldy possesions behind for the ceremony and donning only the ceremonial robe.

"Only once before have we accepted so many initiates at once. The results were unfortunately tragic as only one of them survives. I hope that you all fare better."

With this he walks over to a box placed on an obsidian column next to the dais. The box is incredibly extravagant inlaid with beautiful murals which appear to be gold and platinum with dozens of gemstones. He touches one of the many runes on the box and says a word under his breath, the top of the box opens without him touching the lid. He reaches into the box and pulls out a small parcel wrapped in a white cloth. He unwraps the parcel and in his hand is a dagger of pure onyx he neatly folds the cloth and places it on the edge of the dais next to the box. He takes the dagger closes his eyes in what appears to be a silent prayer and with incredible speed and skill raises it high into the air the tip pointing towards the sky.

"Malea founder of our order we walk in the dark of your shadow. On the evening of a blood moon you journeyed to the distant land of Camal and mined with your bare hands the ore of this dagger."

"Malea be praised." Each of you says.

"You labored in silence for two years while with the blackest of all stones you forged a weapon as black as the night itself."

"Malea be praised." You all reply.

At this point the unknown person takes the dagger and thrusts it into the very center of the dais. Which resembles a bowl or basin. At first the basin appears to be solid but at the moment he thrust downward a hole seems to open exactly where he puts it and the dagger seems to fit perfectly.

"With this dagger you felled beggars and kings. You found others to follow your noble cause. Then the dagger spilled the blood of these others and was mixed with your own and they became your family. You sent your brethren to share in your work. Tonight we ask that you add more to your loving embrace."

"Malea matron to us all, mother in darkness let our blood combine with yours and let us be your children." You all intone.

Each of you then places your hand face down on the dais and the man pulls the dagger out. Its tip is covered in a rich crimson blood but only a small amount. The few drops move towards the point. He gently unfolds the cloth and now that you get a good look at it you see that it is made of the finest silk and as clean as a White Guard Elite's uniform. He gently cleans the tip of the dagger placing the blood in the center of the cloth. The man places the cloth unfolded in the center of the basin.

"Each initiate has proved themselves worthy by finding the inner sanctum. Each initiate has followed your example by remaining silent and listening only to thier heartbeat so that they might respect the heartbeats of others and to grant the gift of death sparringly. Each initiate has chosen to give you Malea their blood."

"Malea we have survived our trials and offer you this one last homage." You chant in an excited whisper.

Each of you then turns your hand over so that your palms face up and places it over the basin.

"Let your blood combine with that of Malea and you shall be brothers and sisters of our order."

With this he cuts each of your palms and you then turn them over letting the blood drip from your palms onto the cloth. Your hands heal magically with no spell uttered that you can hear. You then rise and disrobe as you do the dais erupts in black flame for a brief instant and the rag is gone leaving nothing but smoldering ash. He places the tip of the dagger into the ash and then walks over to you and places the dagger tip over your heart it burns and sears your skin but you do not grimace even though it hurts like nothing you have ever felt before you feel that the reason is the magic in the dagger itself keeping the ceremony pure. When the dagger is removed a brand of a full black dagger not just the tip is directly over your heart and it is approximately an inch long. He then repeats this process on the rest of you.

"Through blood and ash you have been reborn. Through blood ash may each of you die. Take the blessing you have recieved today and be proud. Malea embraces and protects each of you."

"MALEA BE PRAISED." He says with all of you.

"You have spent long as initates and your time is almost complete. You may tonight leave the compound for the first time since your arrival and do as you please. Or if you choose you may recieve your first mark now, the decision is your to make and you need not make it as a group. If you choose to go into town please follow the laws of Asylum you are the Order of the Onyx Dagger not members of the Talon. Those of you who wish to leave please return to this room by noon tomorrow or forfeit your initiation. Those of you who would like to recieve your first mark and begin immediately a paige will be coming to escort you all to your rooms to gather your possesions. You may choose to have him deliver your writs also Justine your Edge should be coming to meet you all, consider her a mentor. This is of course assuming she has returned from her latest mark. Good evening to all of you."

Without another word he leaves you still naked by the dais and exits the room


(Each of you gains the spell like ability Detect Magic at Will. If you have this as a class or racial ability please pm me and I will give you a different ability)

Deathslayer7
2007-09-30, 06:42 PM
Sophie put the robe back over her body, not feeling even a hint of embarrassment. She strode over to the door, and calmly waited for the escort to arrive. She glanced briefly at the other candidates. She wondered how all of them found this place, and what life they had sacrificed. She gave a small sigh and then waited patiently, with excitement burning in her. She wanted to start her mark now.

She thought about it. I wonder who it will be. A male or a female. Someone important or nonimportant.

And again her mind wandered to that man. Stephen Holland.

Amiria
2007-09-30, 07:01 PM
Justine

Returning from her latest mark, Justine skulks wearily through the corridors of the Order's headquarters to her room. She locks the door behind and falls on her bed. After a minute she kicks off her boots and casts off her belts, gloves and bracers. Pulling the cover over herself, she curls up into a ball and waits for the sandman.

"Wasn't there something other today ? Ah, yes, the new bunch got initiated." *yawn* "Mhm, I'll probably meet them tomorrow ... or maybe not, although I guess I'm supposed to ... I still know how eager I was to see the city again and get my first mark after all those months down here ... well, whatever."

OOC
((So maybe I'll meet some of you tomorrow. Maybe in 18-20 hours or so. Lots of things to do tomorrow. So much to do, so little time ... also for sleep *yawn*))

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-30, 09:41 PM
Dangit, what was my PC's name again... Ah, yes, that was it.
Ryan(!)

That ritual was certainly exhilarating for Ryan. Not just that he had finally reached the end of his initiation which demanded of him so much but gave him so much more, but also, Ryan now knows something that none of any of the other members of his family will ever know.
With luck and with the opportunity, this trend shall continue. With each little bit of himself that he offers his time, his efforts, his blood Ryan will hopefully gain insight into the inner workings of the Order, and even Asylum itself that none of his family even considered.

The thought pleases Ryan, and he remains standing for a few more moments, letting all of it sink in through the funnel of his skull and be marked and archived in the library of his memory.

Getting his robes, Ryan then considers his priorities. He sees three things on his 'to do' list, currently make friends with the other initiates, find out about his first mark, and return home.
That last one is looking pretty damned important to him about now, seeing as how it's been so long since he last saw the place that he had called home 6 months ago. How had his brother, Lysander, gotten on with his studies of truenaming? Had his older sister, Caitlyn, finally made contact with an extra-planar being of knowledge? Were his private chambers throughly robbed and ransacked while he was gone?

"Why can't time just slow itself down for me?"
...Hm, that's an interesting theory. Ryan makes a mental note to research ways of slowing time down as he looks at the others with a friendly smile.

Chineselegolas
2007-10-01, 04:31 AM
Shadow Walker

Fading back into the shadows after giving his blood, Shadow Walker stayed visible for the entire ceremony, fading back into the shadows only when the robed one disappeared into the room. Pulling his robe into the shadow that surrounded him and kept him hidden, Shadow pulled it back on and looked at the others from his hidden position, walking around the room looking at their faces, leaning forward to look into there eyes and judge up their skills at infiltration in case he ever required assistance with a mark.

Continuing to pace around the room Shadow waiting for the Paige to arrive and to get his mark. Speaking from his hidden location he said to his fellow initiates in his eerie disembodied drifting voice "I wonder how long till the Paige arrives and we can get on to taking out our first mark"

If any of you want to see where I am, here is the spot DC. [roll0] (Yes that is +42... I'm quite good at hiding). And if you want to find me by listening, [roll1] (Also good at being quiet...)
Though I suppose our new found detect magic could locate me. But it is a divination spell so you need to make a DC20 caster level check for it to affect me... And as you have no caster level with spell like abilities... Yep.

Justyn
2007-10-01, 04:54 AM
Kogamaru

Kogamaru pulled his robes back over himself as he started walking towards the door. Gesturing to the paige, he spoke.

"I'll take a mark once I get dressed; but if the mark can do something special that we know about, I need to know in advance."

After he finished giving his instructions to the paige, Kogamaru did not speak for the rest of the time that they walked to his quarters.

Once there Kogamaru sees his armor and clothing on the bed, with Kokukara leaning against the wall at it's foot. Kogamaru started getting dressed, and started talking to himself.

"So here I am: from the son of shopkeepers, to a orphan, to a day laborer, to a swordsage, and now, an assassin. How far I've come..." He looked over at Kokukara. "What would my life be like without you, Kokukara? I'd probably be lifting boxes somewhere..."

As Kogamaru pulled on his boots he stood and put on his gloves; pulling his cloak overhimself, he moved over to the end of his bed and picked up his katana, placed it inside his belt and tied it in place.


OOC: Actualy, if no set caster level is given for a spell-like ability, the caster level is equal to the caster's hit dice.

Amiria
2007-10-01, 01:10 PM
Justine (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/Other/Justine-s.jpg)

Justine awakes after only a couple of hours with a stale taste in her mouth. "Gah." She sits up and rubs her aching hip.

"I really shouldn't sleep in these clothes. I bet I now have some nice patterns on my skin."

She stands up and decides that it is time to take a bath. She undresses and then puts on her cermonial robe to go to the bathing facilities. On second thought she puts on her boots and takes the spell component pouch with her.

After a refreshing but too short bath she returns to her room at dawn and prepares her spells. Then she puts on her clothes and other stuff and walks to the paige's desk in search of some of the new initiates.

DM info
She cast Deeper Darkness on a pebble which she tucks away in her belt pouch. Should last some days before she has to recast the spell

Today's Aptitude Focus is Divine (default).
Today's Floating Bonus Feat is Quick Reconnoiter (CAd).
Todays's Ability Boon goes to Wisdom (default).

Grishnakh
2007-10-01, 01:46 PM
Lilian

After the initiation, she can't wait to get started. She briefly wonders if anything has changed in the time she was gone... was her father still alive? Well, it mattered little, she should focus on her mark, she shouldn't mess up her first mission.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-01, 03:24 PM
[[How the hell did you get it that high? and are we going to have an OOC thread?]]:smallconfused:

Chineselegolas
2007-10-01, 04:49 PM
((Dark template, Skulk, high dex, ranks, feats. I've poured a fair bit of my potential into it.
And oh... So you can find my magic stuff with detect magic if you roll above a 13 (Or higher if you have LA)... I need to find a way to stop that))

Deathslayer7
2007-10-01, 05:05 PM
((is it ok if i can look at your sheet so i can use those high stealth and move silently rolls for myself some time in the future? Please and Thank you.))

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-01, 08:48 PM
A halfling walks though the door he is dressed in a robe just like the one you were wearing. You also notice that the same brand that was marked on your chest now appears on your robe. He also has the brand of the Order on his robe.

"Greetiings new initiiates my name is Jacal I am the ranking Paige of the Order as such it falls to me to distribute the writs to the lower ranking members of our illustrous group. Please follow me those of you who wish to leave headquarters for the night may do so. If you would like your writ tonight I will hand them out. As of now you are all Paiges so you are under my order until you kill your first mark. You have 48 hours to complete the writ from the time you recieve it or you shall lose the ability to become a Blade, the first rank, for good and you shall forever have the rank of Paige. If you fail you may choose to stay as I did or you may leave to live your life. Please follow me back to your quarters to gather your things I will then return to the order desk where you may come to recieve your Writ of Execution. I am truly sorry that Justine was not able to come and meet you tonight however she was exhausted from her writ it is my understanding that it called for 3 lives and she was slightly injured when she returned. Our Clerics fortunately cleaned her up and she went off to rest. She should meet with tomorrow."


((OOC: I created an OOC thread link is at top of the page."))

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-01, 09:00 PM
Razor wakes up, somewhat in a daze. "Did last night really happen?"

He looks around in the bed he lay in. Still naked with the ceremonial cloak in his right hand, and the dagger burn on his chest, he answered his own question. Razor, still befuddled, laughed a bit and started getting dressed. "What a night, and this rate I will be ready sooner than I thought, I sure hope my mark is a tough one. As well as my allies." He said as though he was talking to someone.

Completly dressed he now utters, "I wonder what Justine is like???"

Edit: After smurfs post, posted while i was posting, lol.

"I would like my writ tonight please, I hope Justine is healing well, I am anxous to meet her."

Deathslayer7
2007-10-01, 09:07 PM
Sophie steps forward and asks for her writ. Jacal hands her an envelope, saying Good Luck.

Sophie barely nodded which was most likely only discernable to him. She walked past him and towards her room. She got out her key and opened the door. Inside, she saw her clothes laid where she had left them. She checked her daggers, she loved them. It was lucky for her she even found them she thought. And it was quite expensive, but it was worth it she thought. She looked at her poison making table. She looked at her latest accomplishment.

This will be handy for tonight she thought. Fresh-brewed, always worthwhile. Speaking more to herself as she picked up a vial and stared at it.

She set the vial back down and dressed herself in her normal clothes. Look like work was to be done tonight. What work though. She glanced nervously at the envelope. 48 hours she thought. Seems its enough time yet too litte. She wondered what was inside. Best to be well informed she thought, and she opened the letter and read.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-01, 09:19 PM
Making his way back to his room with letter in hand, he thought of what might be in the letter, who might be in the letter. He hoped it was someone he knew, better for strategy he thought.

In his room, he walked over to his bedside table and set the letter down. Tristrim, his hawk, was perched on the bedpost was glad to see he was back. Razor scrached Tristrim head with his finger and gave him some rations out of his bag.

With a swift movement Razor sniffs under his arm and decides to take a bath.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-01, 09:34 PM
Ryan

Well, it looks like number three on that priorities list of his wasn't going to pull through as well as he had hoped. People are just, leaving the room without saying so much as a "Good Day" to the others. Not the most conductive of atmospheres to establishing contacts.

Well, Ryan puts up with it for now and walks to his room without getting his first mark. He figures that it would be best to remove the robes and put on more casual clothing, because the next thing that Ryan intends to do is go out onto the streets and make the rather long trek back to his other home. It may be uncomfortable, being free to walk anywhere after such a long time, but getting back to his other home is now more a priority than ever now that he knows for certain that he doesn't have a time limit to accept his mark, even if there is one to kill the mark.

DM:Heh, forgot to prepare my stuffs.

Arcane Dilettante: Detect Thoughts and Fox's Cunning
Aptitude Focus: Wild Focus
Bonus Feat: Negotiator

Chineselegolas
2007-10-01, 11:15 PM
Shadow Walker

Stepping out of the shadows infront of Jacal, Shadow said "I don't plan to fail" in an utterly calm and controlled voice "But my stuff would come in handy." Before saying with a bow in a slightly mocking tone "Lead on my master" as he drifted back out of sight following to his room.

Gathering his stuff and manifesting out of the shadows infront of the order deck, he held out his hand for his letter saying "I am here for my writ so I can go deal with my Mark"

((Not actaully manifesting there. Ceasing to hide would be more accurate, but not as cool.))

Amiria
2007-10-02, 04:53 AM
Justine (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/Other/Justine-s.jpg)

Justine arrives at the order desk and greets the ranking Paige with a smile. "Hello, Jacal."

She turns to face the attendant initiate(s)1. Justine is surprisingly young – apparently in her late teens - to be your superior. She is small and pale and wears her auburn hair in a ponytail. She wears some slinky, midnight blue pants and top and has a quiver on her back. A belt with numerous pouches, a sword belt with a shortsword and even more pouches are on her waist. A scabbard with a slim dagger is tied to her right thigh and she wears some expensive looking black leather boots.

"So, you are the new Paige(s)2 ? My name is Justine and I’m your Edge."

OOC
1 : No need that you are all meet Justine there now. Maybe you are already gone with you writ. But at least one would be nice. :smallsmile:

1 : see 1.

Grishnakh
2007-10-02, 04:59 AM
Lilian

Walking up to the halfling she says to him: "well, there's no time like now. Let's see what you've got for me."

Edit
At that moment a young woman walks in and introduces herself as Justine. In response to her greeting Lilians says: "Pleased to meet you, I am Lilian."
Edit

After receiving her writ she heads back to her room. In her room she quickly checks her possesions and put her armor back on. As soon as she has it on it changes completely and now look like a brilliantly white dress, just the way she liked it best. Now let's see what this says... she thinks as she opens her writ.

Chineselegolas
2007-10-02, 05:43 AM
Shadow Walker

Taking his writ and putting it into his haversack, Shadow turned to look at Justine, and faded back into his darkness and walked around her looking carefully at her belongings and if her eyes were sharp enough to follow his movements

OOC:
Well you are higher ranked, thus more powerful and might have a +23 to your spot, and roll a nat. 20 while I roll a nat. 1...
[roll0]
Edit: Make that a modifier of +27 and roll a nat. 20

"So yet another person to tell me what to do" Shadow said as he walked around, "Seem to be alot of you around here." Pulling his writ back out of his haversack he opened it while still moving around the room watching Justine. "I go by Shadow Walker."

Grishnakh
2007-10-02, 05:53 AM
Lilian

While she may not see the man who named himself Shadow Walker, her senses told her exectly where he was. With a slight smile of amusement she look directly his way, hoping he wouldn't notice that she could not actually see him.

I'm assuming this is not some cavernous hall and Shadow Walker is within 30 ft.
(If needed) Bluff: [roll0]

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-02, 09:06 AM
After his bath, Razor reequiped himself and made his way back to the room of initiates. Justine makes her aquantance so he complies. Hello, my name is Razor Blaze, I am honored to finally meet you, and look forward to my first target. He thinks to himself about how sucked up he musthave sounded, but quickly shakes it away and introduces himself to the other initiates. Pleased to meet all of you and I look forward to working with each of you, my name is Razor.

(work time, be back at around 6:30 central)

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-02, 01:17 PM
Ryan

Yep, something more casual than those stand-outish robes does him wonders on the streets. Sanctioned or not, the Order is bound to have at least a few enemies for its line of business. He had better hurry, though, before it gets any darker.

Ryan passes by the common room on the way, supposedly. Though he seems hurried, he's definitely not straight-sighted enough to not notice someone new talking to people.
What the heck, this might be his only chance. He quickly changes direction to join the conversation.

"Oh, hello!" he says as he smoothly slides in, "Ryan Forlorl, at your service." He gives Justine a quick once-over, and instantly finds something... strange, about her.
He doesn't let it show, however.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-02, 08:03 PM
Sophie finishes putting her clothes on and reading the letter, half smiling to herself. She closes and locks her door, and goes to downstairs. On her way, she see a few intiaites standing and talking.

Oh, hello! someone says, Ryan Forlorl, at your service.

Interested, Sophie detered to see who was there.

See came in to see a new girl standing there. Wearing a bow and sword on her, and her hair back into a ponytail. She didnt recognize her. Then there was the man standing next to her and talking. He seemed quite talkative. It would do him good to silence his mouth occasionally she thought. All in well, she stepped forward and said, "Hi. I'm Sophie.

Ah, you are a new recruit. Good to see you. My name is Justine. Ill shall oversee your progress. Good luck with your writ.

((leaving open until i know what the letter said.))

Amiria
2007-10-03, 11:21 AM
Justine (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/Other/Justine-s.jpg)

"Yes, nice to meet you." Justine nods to the visible initatiates. Her other words seem at first to be mainly directed at the spot where she expects Shadow Walker to be. "Tough boy, huh ? You’re the Invisible Man. I heard … already of you. Well, I’m not here to give you orders. Still, I rank Knife in the Dark and am your superior. But as your Edge I’m supposed to help you get along with everything during your first weeks with the Order."

@ Chineselegolas: You didn’t gave a Move Silently check.

Listen: 1d20+19 = 27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1297511)

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-03, 12:45 PM
Well its awesome to meet everyone. So are we gonna get our marks soon, I'm ready to get my killing on. Razor says with great impatients.

Looking around he sizes up his teammate, while at the same time wondering who the hell Justine is talking to. Sophie didn't look very strong but the way she handled herself, he could tell she was smart and could probibly do alot of damage.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-03, 02:01 PM
OOC: Normally I will write out individual writs and pm them to you but as I said I am a bit preoccupied.

Each of you opens your writ and reads the following.

NOTICE

This is legal WRIT OF EXECUTION issued by THE ORDER OF THE ONYX DAGGER to be carried out by one of its sanctioned opperatives. This note legally protects the opperative against all criminal and personal retribution.

A copy of this writ will be kept on file at the headquarters of the ORDER OF THE ONYX DAGGER and THE WHITE GUARD.

The ORDER OF THE ONYX DAGGER and its operatives will take no credit beyond this writ unless otherwise stipulated below.


THE INTENDED
A group of former adventurers now turned members of the Talon. We have done extensive research and know thier skills we will not always have this information for you.

Karyn Lennox
Human Sorceress

Orval Nessen
Elven Cleric (We believe he worships Nerull)

Lista
Half Giant fighter

Welsh Nessen
Elven Scout

Derick Jeneric
Half Dragon(Silver) Half Human Ranger



SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
This writ has been given to all the members of your group you may divide and conquer or attack as a group the choice is yours. You may ask your Edge to assist you but she will get a share of your bounty

BOUNTY:
30000 to be split evenly among all members of your group.


OOC: Don't worry I've got something for you Amaria if they don't ask for help.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-03, 02:54 PM
Lets get down to business. So team, about that writ, should we have Justine here join us, or take the risk for more bounty? I think the more the better. Razor says in a loud voice so everyone can here him. Looking around at people expression, trying to get there answers before they speak.

Justyn
2007-10-03, 04:18 PM
OOC: I'm sorry; one of my guinea pigs is in surgery for bladder stones, so it's hard to keep my mind on anything else. If this is alright...

Kogamaru walked into the room just as Jacal started handing out the writs, seemingly out of breath.

"S-sorry... this place is like a *BOOP*ing maze. Am I too late?"

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-03, 04:45 PM
Ryan

Ryan looks at Justine who appears to be talking to an empty space to him. Either that, or someone invisible, as she just said.
Ah well, if there's someone invisible in that shadow-y corner, so what?
As Ryan tucks the writ that found its way "magically" into his hands, he says, "Well, we don't really know how powerful these adventurers are. And, if what Jacal said is right, then we can't exactly afford to screw this one up.
Besides, I'd rather enjoy having someone giving us orders. It'll bring a little bit of familiarity to the whole experience." He smiles with that last comment.

Amiria
2007-10-03, 05:32 PM
Justine

Justine steps closer to Ryan. She peeks over his shoulder and reads the writ, as he is apparently willing to have her in the team. "Hmm ... hmm. I don't want to obtrude myself upon you but I'd be willing to join you on this writ. Six or seven people don't make a huge difference with 30.000 gold. But if it is a matter of pride for some of you to do your first mission without the help of a higher ranking member then I'll understand that. Decide it among yourselves."

Chineselegolas
2007-10-03, 05:33 PM
Shadow Walker

Stepping out of the shadows behind Justine Shadow said "How shall we take on these Talons?, I believe I can take on the sorceress without difficulty. Never the toughest of people, and always rely to much on being able to detect or see who they face"

Reaching an arm over his back and pulling a Scythe out of his backpack, he said "Or I could take on my brother Nerull worshipper, but the elves might be brothers and thus dwell together so could might need a hand"

Stepping back into the shadows and disappearing from sight once more his voice came and said "I also have a few contacts and I could find out more about them before we take them on."

Heh, forgot move silently. Well here it is. And a new hide because I'm starting to hide again. Don't think I really need to roll though...
[roll0]
[roll1]

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-03, 05:57 PM
Ryan

"Not to mention whatever these fellows have on them'll be for us too, if I'm not mistaken," Ryan replies to Justine's comment, "and I don't think pride is exactly an issue, here!" Ryan glances at Justine as she looks over his shoulder, and he passes the writ over to her to have a read. "Of course, I'd love for you to come along!
I would like to know more about their capabilities, though... Walking into a party of death traps isn't my idea of staying alive. Your contacts, Mr Invisible...?"

Deathslayer7
2007-10-03, 06:49 PM
Shall we spilt up into groups? Or stay together as a team Sophie asks. Interested in who these people are, and who what they might do.

Knowledge Local: [roll0]

And where shall we find them?

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-03, 06:49 PM
Razor

So then, it seems that Justine will be coming with us. It does not specify if these adventurers stick together or are in separate locations. As for the ranger, I think my fire will put him in his place. However if he is a close quater fighter I may need some help.

Although I tried not to look to embarrassed asking for help, I really wanted to put that friged ranger, who has achieved my goal by the simplicity of birth, in his place.

Grishnakh
2007-10-03, 07:55 PM
Lilian

"Of course Justine should come with us! There's no need to be selfish, a shared kill is a shared joy, I say. The big question is indeed if the marks are together or not. If they are seperated we could split into two groups and take 'em out one by one."

She looks quite innocently cheerfull about killing these strangers. But something in her innocent voice and white dress doesn't match the look in her eyes. She clearly can't wait to get going.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-04, 02:31 AM
Sophie is about 70% sure the group calls themselves the wild dancers but can't remember anything specific about them.

Chineselegolas
2007-10-04, 03:58 AM
Shadow Walker

"I didn't learn to be this sneaky by myself, and I have some friends who could give some assistance in finding them or information about them." Shadow said as he walked around. "It will take me a couple of hours to track them down and for them to contact their contacts though, but should enable us to be slightly better prepared" his voice continued as he circled the group.

Pausing a moment before turning and walking out, he said "I'll head out now and be back with what I can gather of their current location, then we can plan from there. No point making plans to take them on one at a time if they are all in the same place, or visa versa", pausing for a moment incase one of the others had an alternate suggestion


[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Amiria
2007-10-04, 06:07 AM
Justine (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/Other/Justine-s.jpg)

"Alright then. We should try to catch them alone or in small groups, seperating them if necessary and possible. The spellcasters will be the biggest threat. It would be handy if we knew what kinds of spells they prefer if it comes to open combat. And we should be prepared for that possibility since these people are experienced adventurers. I’ll also go out to make some inquiries of my own."

Gather Information; Knowledge (Local): 1d20+8 = 26 ; 1d20+12 = 28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1299056)

Time: 1d4+1 = 3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1299062)

Starting with Bruno, then using her means of disguise and ask around in some pubs. She’ll also ask Wesley if she happens to stumble upon him.

Btw, i guess it is best when the DM makes Justine’s 14.400 free Spot and Listen checks per day when she has the Quick Reconnoiter feat. :smallbiggrin:

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-04, 11:14 AM
I suppose I'll ask around too, some of my snoopier relatives might know something. If anyone would like to join me, feel free.

Edit:
Gather Information 1d20+5
1d4+1 hours
Edit: I'm sticking to Invisable castle.

1d20+5=23 (1d20+5=23)
1d4+1=2 (1d4+1=2)

Deathslayer7
2007-10-04, 12:19 PM
You cant make rolls in an edit. Thats to stop the forum from being abused. You have to roll in a post the first time, not after an edit.

ill aid another i guess. +2 to highest check. If i can, if not.

Ill go on my own too.

GI: [roll0] i think. Not sure
[roll1]

Grishnakh
2007-10-04, 01:04 PM
Lilian

All this snoping around and gathering information was not really her cup of tea, but with everyone going and not really much else to do, she might as well try to help as well. No use just sitting around and besides she wanted to go out into the city once more, it had been too long already.

GI: [roll0]

edit: like I said ... not my cup of tea

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-04, 01:41 PM
Ryan

"Well, if you don't mind, I actually had something else on my mind for right now, but I'll make sure to look these guys up after I'm done, okay?"

While the others spend their time with contacts and such, Ryan finally finds the opportunity to actually get home. Of course, to make himself useful, he might as well dig around the library of books left around the place, just in case these adventurers are widely-known for some reason. In fact, if he fails in finding anything, it'll bring him some comfort.

Ryan is relieved to find that his personal quarters at the family home had not been thoroughly ransacked, but his siblings are roughly as talkative as they've always been. With nobody else to talk to, Ryan is pretty much left to peace assuming that it's still the night of his initiation, he'll probably return in the morning as was his intention.

[Knowledge (local) +8 (12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1299623)] I really have to shove a rank into those other knowledges...

Justyn
2007-10-04, 08:45 PM
Taking a writ, Kogamaru heads out, saying something about a tavern.

An hour and a half later, Kogamaru arrived at his destination: a cheap tavern a fair distance away, near where he grew up.

Walking in, Kogamaru put his hands around his mouth to form a rough funnel, to try to make his voice lounder.

"I'm lookin' for where I would find five people!"

He pulled the writ out of his cloak, and he read the five names off the list with a shout.

[roll0]
[roll1]





OOC: Sorry that this is not very good, but there is a reason:
The explanation to why I'm not posting much and this one is small, I'll sum it up for those of you that do not want read it: we had to put the guinea pig in the hospital to sleep. I'm not taking it well.The guinea pig that went into surgery died from his bladder bursting, the doctor basically said that it had turned to string. We put him to sleep before he got any worse; and concidering his abdominal cavity was filling with urine, and the ulcerative pododermatitis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumblefoot_%28infection%29) as one of the reasons that he was hospitalized for in the first place, sepsis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepsis) was unavoidable.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-05, 01:30 AM
((OOC: Sorry about your pet as for my friend he is alive but when he wakes up he'll probably wish he wasn't he's in really bad shape and a lot of the damage is permanent. But on to happy things))


Being that it is a group writ all members must accept it for the clock to start which has not happened yet. Which means that you basically have free hours to track them down. I am not going to break down what you learn individually but here is what you learn as a group. You find out the group is actually called the Wild Dancers and they share a decent sized home in the North Sector of Asylum (also known as Richville, The Mansion District, and Noble Row) You find out that they made a decent living going out into the wilds outside the walls and bringing back their hordes until the talon gave them a better offer they are now high ranking enforcers for the talon.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-05, 01:52 AM
I taked to my relatives and found out enough to bring back to HQ. So I head back to see what everyone else found.

Back at HQ:

From what we've found so far, did anyone find out if the ranger is a close quarter combatant or ranged, I still wanna burn'm

Seriously, that guy pisses me off. I hope the team won't mind my rage for'm. It pleased me to find out he was of silver dragon heratige, i'm the bane of cold.

Edit: I'm also sorry for your loss, loosing a pet is hard. Also, sorry about your friend, that has to suck...really bad.

Amiria
2007-10-05, 04:15 AM
Justine (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/Other/Justine-s.jpg)

Justine ponders over the gathered informations. "An infiltration of a building in this area will be very difficult. There’ll be lots of guards on the streets and the house should be secured with good locks, alarms, traps and whatnot. An attack in an area with less guards where they don’t have home advantage would be preferable. We should start an observation soon."

She turns to Razor. "No, I haven’t found out which style of fighting he prepares." She gives him a a crooked smile. "He’s probably equally good with ranged and melee weapons. Always prepare for the worst case scenario."

Speaking again to all she says "We have a host of merchants and craftspreople here two floors below who won't rip you off. So if you need something, even magic stuff, you can buy it there. Oh, and with higher ranks come higher discounts. Maybe I’ll buy me some poison …

... by the way, if you wonder, although I prefer to fight ranged with a bow, I can also hold my ground in melee, and I can also give support with some divine magic."

Grishnakh
2007-10-05, 04:18 AM
Lilian

After coming back to HQ and everyone putting in their bit of information, Lilian suggests: "We know where they live now and since they live together we can assume that it would be hard to fight them one by one. I think we should go to their house, wait until they, or at least some of them, leave and go in, we can get the ones who stayed first and then lay a trap for the others."

Quite satisfied with her own plan, she look to the others for their input on the case. She only hopes they are not those talker types, just sitting and going over it again and again. She wants to finally do something and with her growing excitement the voices of her blood become more and more insistent.

(seems we posted at the same moment, doesn't matter much i guess...)

Chineselegolas
2007-10-05, 04:27 AM
Shadow Walker

"Tough to infiltrate, sounds like a challenge" Shadow said with a wide grin, "And with this new ability to sense magic combined with the mind reading powers of my amulet, I should be able to find anything of danger." Reapearing fingering his amulet in one hand and the string of his bow with the other, he continued "But I don't know of any way to get a message out if I happened to encounter trouble"

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-05, 12:20 PM
Well, as long as you don't close any doors, I have a low level spell that would allow us to comunicate. You would have to at least wisper, but it could get you out of a bind. Also, I'm good at creating distractions and could entertain the guards while everyone sneaks in. My arcane abilities also alow me to unlock doors.

I'm happy this thing is finnally geting under way. Its been a days since i've killed someone.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-05, 01:14 PM
Sophie is startled when she sees the man appear. So flawlessly hidden in the shadows. She doesnt jump or anything but her mind warns her that he is dangerous. She then says to the group. Lets go watch then. No use standing around here. We need more information on them. And we can't do that here.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-05, 01:28 PM
Dear Lord, answer my prayer.
*Yes, my son?*
What time is it?

Seriously, I need to know the IG time. It gets very confusing.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-05, 02:18 PM
Lets Go!!! Tristrim, take to the skies. Creepy guy, back to the shadows. Everyone else, ... um... Can we just burn'm, or is servalience really necesary

:smallfurious: I really want to kill something, and hope my companions don't find my previous statement to rash. I do believe we can take them, but i suppose i need to cool down a little.

I'm gonna head out and walk by there place to get a look at what sort of guard is posted. I will be discrete and not look too suspicious.

Mage armor should will last a couple of hours.

Casts Mage Armor on self

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-06, 01:26 AM
its after 4 am when everyone gets back with their info but what time they head over to the house is up to them

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-06, 01:49 AM
Fair enough!

Ryan

Ryan shows up late to the meeting. He huffs and puffs as though he ran all the way here. "Whew! Sorry I'm late! Traffic's murder out there! Speaking of which, how's everyone for moving out for a spot of authorized silencing?" he claps his hands together as though settling a deal. "Though I was thinking that we should watch what these guys are doing and where they are, before we do anything too rash. We can't just rely on our striking good looks and other miscellaneous powers."

Yep, Ryan somehow managed to repeat what everyone had already said. Well done!

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-06, 02:18 AM
Are you saying I just wasted a spell.
How about this, I'll buy a few pigs and chickens, lug all of them to their front door. Say i'm from the livestock delivery service, spend 3 years earning there trust, and backstab'm. I'm kidding. But we do need a plan.

I have an idea to test there guards reaction time, and posibly lure them away from their base. Get this, combine Ghost Sound and Dancing Lights. A mob storming at them yelling and shouting with torches, but when they get close, HA just some sparkling lights and sounds. If anything it would be hilarious. Or at least draw them out of there trap frenzied HQ.
Feel free to start comming up with some better ones, I'm starting to feel like a jabbering idiot.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
They have to at least consider it, well exept for the one with animals. It cant be that bad. I din't even get to the part where i reclessly fling fireballs all over the house.

Amiria
2007-10-06, 04:04 AM
Justine (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/Other/Justine-s.jpg)

Justine raises a brow at Razor. "I didn’t say that the house is trap frenzied. Too many traps would make it uncomfortable to live in. Still, we should expect some traps if we go there. And some of you see to inclined to do this. Well, as I said, that’s the more dangerous route. But it also has an advantage. They might not be prepared for such a bold move if we are fast. However, looting things in the house is against the rules. Only things worn or carried by the intended are for the taking.", she says with a smile.

She turns to Jacal. "Oh, I’ll also need a writ for these marks. It would be bad if I’m caught by the guards without one."

Turning back to the group she continues "You, Shadow Walker could use your talents to already take a closer look at the doors and windows of the building … maybe also the upper stories if you can manage that. We others should stick to conventional surveillance. But we shouldn’t swarm the building, a horde of strangers in that area will be suspicious. So only one or two passer-bys at a time, and preferable disguised." Justine takes a small mirror from her belt pouch and suddenly her appearance changes to that of a approximately 50 years old upper-class lady in fine clothes. She takes a look in the mirror and smiles. "May I invite you youngsters to a stroll in Richville ?", she asks with an assumed voice.

@ Spyder_Cel: Diplomacy doesn’t work on your PC peers.

Disguise: 1d20+22 = 33 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1302809)

memo to myself: find out why Justine has gotten so verbose lately ... :smallamused:

Justyn
2007-10-06, 07:48 AM
Kogamaru, after staying silent for some time, spoke.

"Why does everyone want to do a nice long plan with lots of places where we can get cought up? I say that now, before dawn, we go, sneak in under cover of darkness kill any guards that those guys hired and kill them in their sleep or at least before they have the time to get fully prepared. Basically, we shock and awe 'em: it's a tactical suckerpunch. Hit them in the back of the head before they even know that we're fighting."

After he finished, Kogamaru crossed his arms under his cloak and leaned against a wall.

Grishnakh
2007-10-06, 09:44 AM
Lilian

"That would be all very nice if you don't mind walking straight to your death. I don't think those guys are weaklings and altough I want to go and kick their ass as much as the next person, we should probable be a bit more cautious then that. Also I don't know if we are allowed to go killing innocent guards ... after all they are not on the writ."

Lilian look to Justine hoping to find an answer to this last question. And even though she just warned to be cautious, it is not that hard to see that she wants to get going and finally do something, plans could come later when they were there.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-06, 01:15 PM
Ryan

"We don't have to kill the guards. Just rough them up a little. And, Missus, you may most certainly invite us for a stroll!" He had just arrived anyway, so at least Ryan's already warmed up for the happy walk north. He seems quite eager to walk along, if even just for the distinguished company.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-06, 01:53 PM
I thought that the guards would be a bonus. Oh, well. So we all ready to head out and assign some recon duties.

Feeling trapped in the base, Razor is quite anxious to get out of there.

Chineselegolas
2007-10-06, 03:13 PM
Shadow Walker

"Well with the sun rising soon, I will either need to be out of there, or hope they have a shadowy room, for I find it tough to hide in direct Sunlight" Shadow said drifting back out of sight "But I'm still really good at hiding, just I need something to stand behind"

Amiria
2007-10-06, 04:45 PM
Justine

"Hmm, then we should perhaps wait a while since the sun will rise soon. Do you really want to attack them during the day ? At dawn I can pray for some other spells that can benefit us as a group. Currently my selection is rather egoistical since I've been working solo lately. Really more often than I like.", says Justine. "We should also get some sleep until the early afternoon. We've been astir for quite some time now. Then we can observe the place until it gets dark and then you" - she nods to Shadow Walker - "can spy around in the early hours of darkness. Then we'll have a whole night to do the job. How about that plan ?"

((@ the DM: Does this put to much time pressure on the initiates ? How many of the 48 hours have already passed ?))

Grishnakh
2007-10-06, 04:52 PM
Lilian

Looking none to happy about the delay ...
"Well ... I guess, if you think it is best, you should know right? I mean, you've been doing this longer then us..."

Looking a bit disappointed she prepares to go to her room and take the well-advised rest. She looks around the group one more time to see if anyone else has an other plan and if not, returns to her room.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-06, 05:12 PM
Well, I suppose its nap time then. I'll be in my room. Feel free to wake me when the time comes.

Retiring to his room, with Tristrim on his shoulder. Once in the room Tristrim takes his place pirched on the bedpost. Razor undresses and hops into bed anxiously waiting the slaughter tomarrow.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-06, 05:27 PM
Ryan

Ryan shrugs. "Well, I, uhm, I already got as much sleep as I need during last night," the fingers on his left hand twitch a little, "so I'd prefer to just go up to the Noble District, and... Have a look around there? See what the place is like, I guess. After all, the more you know, the better off you are."

Amiria
2007-10-06, 05:37 PM
Justine

"Okay, whoever still feels spirited is free to go there as our surveillance vanguard. Just make sure that you also feel that way at dusk. That's when things start to get serious if we keep the schedule."

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-06, 05:55 PM
Ryan

"I have no issues with that at all!" Ryan says happily.
He thinks for a little bit after saying that. "It might be a little boring, though... I wonder if any of the shops will be open? I haven't had breakfast in weeks!" And, when he says that, he means it.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-06, 07:34 PM
Sophie says, I'll be happy to go with you. I have some stuff i can do in the town, and i rather not wait here. I'll get too anxious just sitting around and waiting.

She looks to Ryan for confirmation if thats ok. If so, she will go up with him, if not alone.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-06, 07:39 PM
Ryan

On the contrary, Ryan seems quite pleased that he isn't going to be talking to the walls during his outing. "Hey, no problem! It'll get us the chance to get to know each other better. Did you have any specific place in mind? Because I sure don't."

Deathslayer7
2007-10-06, 08:54 PM
I would like to go see my home before we go watch the compund. I'm sure it wont take long, and we can find a nice cafe or restaurant near it to sit for a while and talk. Sophie say to Ryan.

Shall we go now?

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-06, 09:37 PM
we'll say the clock started at 6 am and its been two hours so you can easily wait til dusk without having to worry about time.

Rules verification Justine was correct in saying you can't steal from their homes only their bodies are fair game and you can not kill their guards unless your life is in danger you can however subdue them in a non fatal way

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-06, 09:49 PM
Ryan

Ha, Ryan did his research on the Order's rules before I even knew they existed.
Either way, spending time with a lovely lass like Sophie is definitely Ryan's idea of a good morning.
"Yes, lets - time appears to be getting the drop on us, today. Anyone else who wants to, feel free to tag along!" Ryan adjusts his haversack as he talks, making it comfortable for the walk.
Since he doesn't know where Sophie lives, Ryan will let her do the leading.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-06, 11:27 PM
well then. Follow me she says to Ryan. She walks with him by her side. They do some idle chat and once they return to the surface, she heads straight for the orphanage. Once outside it, she says Want to grab a bite to eat around here? looking at him. I dont want to go inside yet.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-06, 11:38 PM
With a flash of speed, a half naked man sprints into the room. huffing, and sweaty from the full out sprint, Razor is now standing in the room with his scivies.
Did i hear someone say their leaving and want some company. I would love to get some air, and Tristrim needs to tinkle. Just give me a moment to get dressed.
Razor dashes back to his room at full speed, and quikly returns with his clothes on, Tristrim on his shoulder, and his bag on his back.
Lets Go
He is so relieved to get out of there.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-06, 11:49 PM
Glad to have you with us Razor she says.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-06, 11:51 PM
Ryan

Ryan glances at Razor with a half-surprised, half-interested look, before answering Sophie's question (No, he doesn't make a big show of them stopping outside an orphanage. It takes all sorts). "Then breakfast sounds ideal. I must admit, I haven't often been around this area, but anything tasty would suffice."

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-06, 11:52 PM
So, we gonna eat then check that place out? Man I hope we get attacked by one of'm, that would be awesome.

Chineselegolas
2007-10-07, 12:49 AM
Shadow Walker

Walking out after the others, Shadow pulled his cloaks hood up over his head, concealing his face for when the sun rose. "At sunset then" he said as he walked off in a different direction.

Goes to his room and has a two hour nap (Ring of Sustenance ftw), then relax/train for the day until dusk comes and then will go meet the others.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-07, 12:59 AM
Seconded Ring of Sustenance FTW! *High Fives CL*
Yeah, Ryan's only eating because it's sociable.

Ryan

For some reason, Ryan had this sudden urge to condescendingly pat Razor on the top of his head and say, "There, there. You'll get your slaughter eventually."
Wisely enough, however, he doesn't do that. Instead, he says, "Eating first, then Sophie has to do something? And then we visit Richville."

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-07, 01:24 AM
Tristrim, you make tinkle yet. Man i'm hungary, and hey, i'll buy. I resently profited from a bank error.
Feeling generous because of the fresh air and the knowledge of burned blood at dusk, Razor will gladly pay for food.

Amiria
2007-10-07, 04:31 AM
Justine (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/Other/Justine-s.jpg)

Justine retreats to her room. At dawn she prays for some other spells and then takes a nap for 2 hours ((thirded Ring of Sustenance FTW)). After that she checks her equipment and spends some time training. One hour after noon Justine knocks on the doors of the initiates to check who is still at the base.

"Hey, get up, get ready. We’ll leave in half an hour. Get your things, we can eat somewhere in the city if you are hungry."

Today's floating bonus feat is Zen Archery (CW)

Grishnakh
2007-10-07, 04:40 AM
Lilian

(ooc: there must have been a discount on the rings of sustenance or something, yes, I too, have one. :smallbiggrin: )

After a short sleep of only two hour, Lilian feels refreshed and ready to do anything. Of course, it was only morning and she would have to wait till dusk for anything to happen, but at least she would get to see some action today.

After getting dressed she decides to go out into town and just stroll around a bit. Maybe look in on her father, it sure had been long enough since she'd seen him. As she walks trough the city she will look for Sophie and the others and will head toward Richville, like them. Of course she will keep an eye out for their marks as well, you can never know who you'll run into.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-07, 10:25 AM
((Am I the only one who does not have a ring of sustenance???))

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-07, 12:43 PM
((No I don't either, I looked in the DM guide, I couldn't find it. What does it do and where do we find it?)) :smallfurious:

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-07, 01:23 PM
Ring of Sustinence (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rings.htm#sustenance)

Ryan

Ryan looks expectedly at Sophie to pick a good eating place around here.

And, while I'm at it...
Arcane Dilettante: Mirror Image, Scorching Ray
Aptitude Focus: Still Wild (Damn sorcerers not having spellbooks...)
Bonus Feat: Improved Toughness (CW)

Deathslayer7
2007-10-07, 01:28 PM
Sophie went to Little Darlington's Diner, just down the street. They were open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She has been here on more than one occasion, and knew that that made good pancakes, and ordered some. She waited patiently until Ryan ordered and Razor, then got a table to wait for their food, talking, laughing, having fun. The first time she had fun for a while.

((I'll be gone for a while, so if you want to make up a conversation to suit your needs, go ahead. I dont mind as long its nothing to drastic. If you want to know more about me, like where i cam from, thats fine.

Amiria
2007-10-07, 02:05 PM
Justine

"Ts, great. All are gone already. And how do we find each other now ? Skulking around that mansion and looking for other suspicious people ? Well, I better get going. Darn initiates, it's like herding cats !"

Justine leaves the Order's underground complex and travels towards Richville. When she gets near she ducks into an alley and changes her appearance to that same middle-aged lady like last time. When she arrives in the vicinity of the mansion she searches for the initiates.

Disguise; Spot: 1d20+22 = 35; 1d20+20 = 26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1304869)

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-07, 05:00 PM
After the excelant pancakes, the small group headed toward their mish. Once the get to Richville, they see an old woman that resemble Justine's disguise at HQ.
We approch her.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-07, 10:02 PM
Hey! Sophie said that she had wanted to visit her orphanage first! Don't take control of our PC's! :smallmad:
@deathslayer: S'ok, I had to go also.

Ryan

Ryan is going to ignore Spyder's last comment, and happily talk with Sophie about both of our histories (must admit, the orphanage would see a few questions being asked from one who has a close-knit family), and about their trials & purification leading up to initiation. Ryan, for his part, reveals that his family has a strong belief on the saying "Knowledge is Power," and that he wants to eventually know everything.

Indeed, though, the pancakes were very tasty.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-07, 10:19 PM
((Well then, i guess since i said so, i must. :smalltongue:))

After eating a breakfast, and a good one on that, she felt happy as ever. They stood to leave, and they said they would get the check. Sophie felt grateful, she really didnt have a lot of money on her at the moment. The stuff she had on her, she saved it for the orphanage. As they approached, Sophie pullled out a small leather bag. She placed a note in front of it that read

"From: Sophie
To: The Orphanage"

She rang the doorbell and quickly retreated down the steps. Inside the bag was some money she left for the orphanage, and a note, telling them that she was ok and that they should not worry about her. She will drop off money from time to time to help them out.

Time to go.she said as she walked briskly away, towards their meeting point.

((Now his action takes place :smallbiggrin: ))

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-07, 10:26 PM
Bleh, I just hate it when other people with no authority to do so, tell my character what he's doing.

Ryan

Ryan follows at a matching pace.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-07, 10:29 PM
((We both know he didnt mean it.))

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-07, 11:24 PM
Well, soorry. :smalltongue: Didn't know about the orphanage. Just thought we might get to battle today. Still new to this. Just want to get to the battle, Hope your not actually mad

Amiria
2007-10-08, 06:44 AM
((Patience, that's important in PbP games. We are already moving quite fast for such a large group (7 players). I don't expect combat before thursday. We'll still have to regroup, observe and make a plan.

Still, I'm also waiting for some new posts. * pokes Justyn and theevilsmurf88 with a chocolate bar (http://www.uib.no/People/mmalw/Mathea/Pictures/Mamma/Toblerone.gif) ... of DOOM !!! * :smallamused:))

Justyn
2007-10-08, 05:24 PM
OOC: Sorry, I've been cought up in drawing something Erfworld related. Unless I post otherwise, assume that Kogamaru is following quietly. I'll edit this post with some actual actions later.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-08, 08:46 PM
Bleh, I just hate it when other people with no authority to do so, tell my character what he's doing.


Yeah that's my job

as for me posting I'm watching but you are all interacting and I saw no need to butt in. I am not the kind of DM who forces you to do anything its a real world in which you can do anything you are capable of. If you want me to post give me something to do.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-08, 09:00 PM
I think its a general agreement, that we are going to watch the compound during the day, and try to find regular guard patterns, who our marks are, what they look like, where they will be when it turns night. Have someone follow them if they leave to go somewhere. That type of stuff.

If someone else has something they want to do, go ahead.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-08, 10:22 PM
Basics on the house and guards since that is what I am being asked

It is a three story large house bordering on mansion status the grounds extend out about 50 feet to a 10 foot fence of mythril.(not solid but running murals) There are 6 guard three teams of bugbears 2 of the groups are stationary posted at the gate's front and rear entrances the third group is on constant patrol

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-08, 10:37 PM
Ryan

Sometime during the watch, Ryan fully intends to check out the closest tavern for about an hour's worth of sitting in the closest corner, taking out some papers or whatnot, and pretending to be studying. Y'know, in case, by some freak coincidence, there's one of these Wild Dancers in there.

Other than that, he's just staying behind total cover close to the others, and letting those that are more apt in the field of surveillance do the looking.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-08, 11:29 PM
Only one person enters or exits the premises and that is a young boy delivering food.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-09, 02:33 AM
So group, whats the plan. I don't think we can use the kid. I'm sure they have alarms so blasting the guards is out... not to happy bout that. I think taking out one group at a time might work, but it will have to be quiet. Thats my two coppers worth anyways.

Awaiting the others ideas, he leans back on the building side out of the houses view, looking at the ground.

Amiria
2007-10-09, 04:56 AM
Justine

Knowledge (Local) to see if Justine knows that Bugbears have scent (I guess that they have darkvision is rather common knowledge): 1d20+12 = 20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1307605). I assume that Justine suceeded. :smallredface:
"Yes, if we concentrate our attacks, killing the guards after dark shouldn't be too difficult. We could take out the patrolling pair, use magical disguises to pose as them and then quickly surprise the stationary pairs as we pass them. I'd prefer to avoid them, but this could get rather difficult. Bugbears have a keen sense of smell, so even if we all skulk around as well as Shadow Walker they'd still be able notice us.", says Justine about the bugbears. "Blasted big gobbos. Any ideas about hiding our scents ?"

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-09, 12:52 PM
That is a problem. Could we use a magical wind, then just make sure we stay on the right side of it. Or we could make purfume bombs, strong scents like that easily masks others like ours.

((DM guide pg 298 for scent))

Grishnakh
2007-10-09, 01:22 PM
Lilian

"Maybe we could just ambush them. After all it would be our whole group against two of them, could we not put them down before they can call the alarm if we surprise them???"

She doesn't really have a way to escape their scent (yet) so this seems about the only option for her.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-09, 02:57 PM
Yeah, that would work, but how far apart are the groups. If they're in eye view of each other 2 could turn into a lot more quickly. But i suppose if we split up into groups of two, we could each take out a group, then move to the next and so on. Also does anyone have any mindcontrolling abilities because if i'm not mistaken bugbears are at least slightly stupid right.

Tilting his head up slightly to speak then calmly returning to his pose.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-09, 06:25 PM
It would be easier if we stopped their scent somehow Sophie says.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-09, 08:06 PM
Again, perfume. Or any other strong scent. It will mask our own. Yes they will probibly think somethings up, but they wont know where we're at.

Edit: I looked, in savage species and DM guide and couldn't find it anyware.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-09, 08:30 PM
That doesnt help us one bit if they know we are there. What we need to do is find a colorless, odorless powder and have the bugbears sniff. Hopefully if everything goes right, and goes right before night begins, we can stop their scent ability. But how are we going to get such a powder, and how is it to be done, and by whom? Sophie says.

((No idea is they have such a thing, i'm pretty sure they do. But again, no idea where to find it.))

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-10, 01:24 AM
Scent is a special ability listed in the same area as spell resistance in the DMG if that is what you are looking for as for any sense based spells or abilities I don't know of any magic ones but I know there are a few psionic abilities as for your group I doubt any of you would know that as none of you have knowledge psionics. If you can justify a knowledge check I may allow it.

Justyn
2007-10-10, 01:39 AM
Kogamaru growled a bit as he walked away from the wall he was leaning against.

"See, this is the kind of overcomplicated plan that I was talking about." Kogamaru said. "If no-one comes up with a better plan in the next two minutes, I'm just going to ambush the moving pair and then one of the other pairs with or without you lot."

After speaking, he moved his cloak to expose the handle, tsuba, and part of the saya of Kokukara.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-10, 02:04 AM
Razor, smiling, states:
If you go in there i'll back you up. However, i still think tristrim bombing them with purfume would be entertaining. Oh well, i do want to fight sometime before the sun comes back up. Also, if this is a well civilized area, wont the smell of human be everywhere making there scent useless anyways.
Razor quite happy with his deduction smiles and resumes his position on the wall.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-10, 03:46 AM
ok it seems that you are getting ready to kill the guards so I will reiterate what I said earlier

You can only kill guards if your life is in danger. If you put yourselves in said danger it is assault and not self defense. It's still your call though they are your characters

Justyn
2007-10-10, 04:06 AM
OOC: So, we can't even crack 'em over the heads to knock them out? I mean, how else are we going to get into the house but by climbing a ladder made of bugbear corpses? :xykon:

Seriously, how are most of us supposed to get in? Something tells me that if we were to go up to the guards and say 'Hi, we're here to kill the people you are payed to protect', that it would not go over that well.

Grishnakh
2007-10-10, 04:19 AM
Lilian

"Maybe one of us could go to the far side of the house and create a ruckus, something nice and flashy and explosive. Then when the guards go there to check it out the rest of us can go into the house from this side. Also, climbing the wall won't be a problem for me, but if anyone has a rope it might make things easier for the ones not so adept at climbing."

((I use detect magic to see if the wall itself is magicly guarded. wouldn't want to explode when I'm climbing, now would I))

Amiria
2007-10-10, 09:11 AM
Justine

((reconsidering now))

"We don't have to kill them. Just knock them out. I have a sap in my backpack for such eventualities. Still, it is a bit more difficult than killing them. They look like they can take quite a beating. Some spells would help, which send them to sleep or leave them unable to act ... even a very short time would be enough to rush them and knock them out.", says Justine.

"Damn, why didn't I pray for a Silence spell this morning. Would be very helpful to take them out."

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-10, 01:20 PM
the windows and doors are magic the walls are not.

a little help: ( I won't do this often)
its all about being creative with the rules you can't jump them and kill them because its murder however you do have legal permission to enter their home and kill your marks so if the guards then attack you...

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-10, 01:29 PM
Ryan

"So I'm developing this habit of preparing completely the wrong sort of spells for everything that we need. Must note that down." Ryan doesn't seem too happy with the situation.
"I do reckon that a diversion would be nice. Alternatively, one of us can walk up to the front door and make up some story to let him or her in. Like a job offer. And then then the one person comes in, he can be followed by the rest of us, all invisible or something.
Worth a shot, especially if we can take these Wild Dancers out one by one."

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-10, 02:12 PM
Razor starts lauphing a little, he came up with another one. :smallbiggrin:
HA, I got a pretty good idea to occupy the guards. How bout Tristrim here drops an alchemist's fire on a tree or something on the other side of the property, then we won't have to spare any of us to go over there and do it ourselves, I didn't plan on bringing him in there anyways.

OOC: The bugbear ladder idea was good, plus a good bunch of us are evil right, so shouldn't we want to kill the guards anyways and claim it was self defence?

Amiria
2007-10-10, 02:45 PM
Justine

((reconsidering again, with the lastest hint))

"Sounds like a good decoy, Razor. Alright, seems like we don't a realictic chance to go in there completely unnoticed. When we don't wait for another chance to find the door open ... like when that delivery boy came, we must open it fast. My lock-picking skills are a bit rusted ... does anyone think he's particularly adept at it ? A Knock spell would be best. And we should be prepared for a trap there. I have a potion of Invisibility. Anyone else ?", says Justine. "We have valid writs, so if the guards are stupid enough to attack us we may fight back. But they are not our marks, so don't strike first."

((So, any other ideas or additions ? This seems to become more like a shock trooper operation than an infiltration. Moving quickly into hostile, unknown terrain.

Just before the action starts Justine will cast Barkskin and Listening Lorecall1 on herself, and drink potions of Mage Armour and Invisibility.

1 = giving her +4 to Listen (for a total of +23), Blindsense 30 ft., and Blindsight 15 ft.))

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-10, 03:09 PM
I can cast both invisibility and knock.

Also before the action starts, Razor will cast Message which should effect everyone. Mage Armour and Shield on himself. Also, Invisibility on Tristrim.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-10, 03:15 PM
Shouldnt we wait until night though? Sophie asks.

((What is the actual in game time????))

Amiria
2007-10-10, 03:27 PM
Justine

"Of course. That facet of our strategy is still in operation."

Grishnakh
2007-10-10, 04:39 PM
Lilian

"Good, finally we're getting somewhere. Should we make teams so tht we can split up once we're inside and more swiftly take them out??"

((Most of Lilians invocations have a duration of 24 hour and so are already active and will be throughout the fight. They give me Blindsense 30 ft. and a climb speed same as my normal speed))

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-10, 06:10 PM
i have no idea what time it is you tell me what time you are going in.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-10, 07:58 PM
First we need a plan. :smallbiggrin:

Chineselegolas
2007-10-10, 09:07 PM
((Well Shadow isn't there. He's off sleeping and relaxing for the day, then heading to meet the others around the Marks home at dusk unless contacted earlier))

Justyn
2007-10-10, 11:30 PM
Kogamaru sighed.

"Rushing and killing the guards is a bit hasty, but I'm getting a little sick of waiting. Maybe one of use can trick them into letting us in; say that we're on important buisness that cannot be relayed?"

Amiria
2007-10-11, 08:31 AM
Justine

"We won't kill 'em unless they attack us. They get paid to be distrustful of strangers and to not let them in there. So what kind of trick do you have in mind for this ?", asks Justine.

"Anyway, we won't do anything before our group is complete."

((I guess we can fast forward to dusk))

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-11, 12:44 PM
We could try dropping the alchemist fire anyways, if it works it works if it dosn't we could try bluffing them into believing we from the city guard and want to check on the inhabitants to see if there ok from the seige. If that dosn't work, we tell them we going to kill their employers and if they want to try to stop us we'll cut them down. Yay self-defense. I do agree we get this over with before they die of old age.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-12, 11:21 PM
OOC{wow, anybody there?}

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-13, 02:08 AM
OOC: yeah moving things along post


A voice pops into each of your heads you recognize it as the same voice of the person who initiated you. Amaria is the only one of you who happens to know who this person is.

"Ladies, Gentlemen it has now been twelve hours (making it 8pm which is after sundown so it is dark) and I am telepathically comunicating to you to get a progress report. The mark you were issued by Jacal looks difficult for beginning assasins but not insurmountable. In fact, I have ever faith that Amaria could likely do this on her own given a few days preperation. Did you have any questions or concerns about this mission I will be happy to answer them."

Chineselegolas
2007-10-13, 02:30 AM
Shadow

Walking through the shadows by the others looking over at the home, Shadow said "All we need is for the door to be opened for long enough for me to sneak in, then a distraction to draw them off, and me to open the door from the inside"
Shrugging he said "Or I could make the distraction to draw them away, and then you lot sneak in while they are chasing me"

Amiria
2007-10-13, 04:14 AM
((@ theevilsmurf88: 1st - you consistently mispell my name - it is Amiria, not Amaria :smallsigh:; 2nd - you mixed up my user name and my character's name there. :smallamused:))

Justine (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/Justine3.png) ((<= now OotSified))

Justine answers to the voice in her head. ((not sure if all others can hear this))
"We are in front of the location and almost ready to go in. Getting in unseen is not entirely possible so must we expect to be noticed by the guards and probably also the inhabitants as soon as we make our move. However, we haven't seen any of the marks up until now, so we can only guess that they are in there, The only person who went to the building during our observation was a delivery boy."

Justine turns to Shadow. "Hmm, we could make that two distractions then. The bird throws the alchemist's fire on the other side of the house. If then one guard goes to alarm the inhabitants you can hold him up ... ideally after he opened the door for us. Don't kill him, knock him over the head, trip him up or something. If noone opens the door just delay them elsewhere so the rest of us won't have too much resistance while we open the door. But follow us as soon as we go in. How about that ?"

Chineselegolas
2007-10-13, 04:50 AM
Shadow Walker

"Sneak in after a guard going to give warning then preventing him form delivering it" Shadow said with a grin "Sounds like my kind of job."
Fading back into the shadows, Shadow walked towards the door waiting for the distraction.

In case of a really really observant guard. Really really observant.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: Just a note that I have the Darkstalker feat, and thus Scent, Blindsight, Blindsense and Tremorsense have to roll a spot/listen against whichever is the highest of the move/hide check if they want to use that skill to find me. (So for this case they go against a DC 49 check using whichever is highest of their spot or listen.)
And I'm a Skulk so I can move at full speed without penalty to hiding

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-13, 11:41 AM
OOC: sorry about the mispelling but I am pretty sure at the beginning of the first game before we had actually started you had spelled it that way and changed it to how you spell now and I just never adjusted. As for mixing up character names I was just really really tired when I posted that. Oh and yes you can all hear the voice.

"So? "He says. "What's the issue walk in the front door and show them the writ if the guards attack you kill them. They most likely will though they are Talon members and we are at war. Which is several less members of the Talon we have to deal with. Two birds one glorious stone.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-13, 01:04 PM
Oh mysterious voice, I thank you for the permission you have just granted. Well, if that isn't a go ahead if I ever heard one. They're Talon and deserve to die. LETS DO THIS.
He casts mage armour and shield on himself, then message, which should effect everyone. Then he hands Tristrim an alchemist fire Here you go, now wait untill i wave my hand then drop it on the stationary group nearest to us. He starts walking up to the gate while casting Invisability on Tristrim.

Amiria
2007-10-13, 02:21 PM
Justine AC 33 (t 29, ff 28), hp 74/74

Justine communicates again telepathically. "Right, well, we just hoped to find a more elegant approach. But an open raid is also a welcome change. We'll go. Now. Malea be praised."

To Razor she says "No. Don't. Attack. Them. First. Did you not listen ? The sequence is: first, we show them our writs, second, they attack us, and third, we kill them."

Speaking to all she says "Get ready, it begins." She casts Barkskin and Listening Lorecall and drinks a potion of Mage Armour. Then Justine takes her writ and walks towards the main entrance.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-13, 02:29 PM
Ryan

Ryan starts. "Oh, you made up your minds. Right!" He gets out of cover and follows Justine, not bothering to make any preparations or buffing spells or anything - he'll just follow the lead of the others for now.

Who would've thought that breaking into someone's house and killing a few guys could cause so much dispute? Ryan's willing to bet that they aren't even in this house.

Grishnakh
2007-10-13, 02:56 PM
Lilian

Glad to finally be doing something, Lilian gets up and straightens her dress. Of course, only she knows it is actually an armor, but that doesn't really matter, she likes it in this form. Then she follows the rest, willing to let someone else take the lead.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-13, 05:39 PM
Sophie follows behind on the back of the group. She wonders if this is the best way but decides against saying anything. Seems like the halfling wanted to kill something, he might as well.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-13, 08:19 PM
As you approach the gate you take more note of the guards the patroling team isn't in sight and you are not in visual sight of the rear guards. They both appear to be wearing banded mail. One of them as you approach draws a ranseur off his back and the other reaches up and places his hands on his spiked chain. The one with the spiked chain moves towards the closed mithral gate. He speaks in perfect common

"What is your business with the Wild Dancers. They don't typically allow unanounced visitors."

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-13, 10:35 PM
While aproching the gate he wispers to Justine, I know thats why i'm walking, but i'd rather be prepaired. He gave her a look and smiles then looks back at the bugbears with that same grin.
Good evening to you, please don't be hostile, we have no intention of attacking you, we would just like to ask you a few questions if that would be ok.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Bluff: [roll1]

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-14, 03:35 AM
"Well ask your questions and be quick about it."

The guard takes a less hostile stance but doesn't relax

Amiria
2007-10-14, 04:02 AM
Justine

Justine wonders what Razor might want to ask the guards. "Maybe he'll ask those Wild Dancers are at home. That could be useful. Or maybe he justs asks something stupid ..." Justine just stands there relaxed and thinks about what might happen in the next seconds. "The gate is a bit too high to jump over it. Best to shoot them through the fence. I hope that it is not too hard to open. Well, I have my picks and my rope and maybe Razor has enough Knock spells. If he is good, Shadow is already on the other side."

Justine glances at the lock mechanism of the gate and tries to spy something like a key ring on the guards.

Spot: 1d20+20 = 28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1315462)

Grishnakh
2007-10-14, 04:41 AM
Lilian

While the others approach the guards, Lilian wanders of a bit, trying to look distracted and bored and in no way interesting to the guards. Then, if they don't look her way, she quickly climbs over the wall.

Bluff to look uninteresting: [roll0]
Sense Motive to see if the guards don't pay attention: [roll1]

If the guards are paying attention she doesn't climb the wall, naturally.

Justyn
2007-10-14, 07:41 AM
Kogamaru closed his eyes for a few seconds while taking deep breaths. Then stepping forward, Kogamaru reaches into his cloak and pulls the writ out, unfurling it, he shows it to the bugbears.

"We're from the Order of the Onyx Dagger, and we're here to kill the Wild Dancers; now, we don't need nor want to hurt you guys, but we will defend ourselves if you attack us."

Used the Adaptive Style feat to ready the following manuevers as a full round action:

Death Mark
Emerald Razor
Insightful Stirke
Sapphire Nightmare Blade
Shadow Blade Technique
Ruby Nightmare Blade

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-14, 01:06 PM
Looking over at Kogamaru with an awkwerd look, then back at the guards, he says, Yes and we are the first wave there are 3 more after us, if you attack us you will die even if not by our hands. Now let us in and you can go.

Bluff: [roll0]

He pulls out is Composite Longbow.

Amiria
2007-10-14, 01:55 PM
Justine

As Kogamaru starts to talk straight with the guards, Justine also draws her composite longbow with blinding speed.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-14, 02:44 PM
The guards didn't notice you inching but Kogamaru brought their attention up in a huge way.

"Dagger scum the Talon will brush you aside like so many leaves on the wind."

With that he launches his chain out at the fence where it makes a beautiful resounding note. An instant later though an Alarm is blaring throughout the grounds

Inititaves would be good. Please place Name, HP, and AC in chat windows

Please also note that they have concealment against ranged attacks unless you are up against the fence. You also have this concealment. So please roll d% if you use ranged attacks 1-20 is your miss chance.

Amiria
2007-10-14, 03:34 PM
Justine AC 33 (t 25, ff 28), hp 74/74

Initiative: 1d20+9 = 22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1315871)

"Then die !" Justine rapidly shoots three arrows at the guard with the ranseur.

Attacks: 1d20+16; 1d20+16; 1d20+11 = 30; 36; 29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1315888)

Miss chances: 1d100 x 3 = hit; miss; hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1315890)

Damage for 1st and 3rd arrow: 1d8+4; 1d8+4 = 6; 10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1315892)

If Sudden Strike applies: 2d6; 2d6 = 6; 4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1315896)

((Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot; Woodland Archer => if one arrow misses subsequent arrows in the same round have a +4 bonus to hit, since she hit despite of concealment, she can ignore it the next round against the same target ... if he still lives then.))

Grishnakh
2007-10-14, 04:46 PM
Lilian

Initiative: [roll0]
AC: 22 (t 14, f 18)
Hp: 38

Now at the top of the wall, Lilian stretches out her hand to the guard with the chain and with bone-chilling laughter shoots out a beam of raw, blackest power that seems to draw what little light there is, right from the sky.

Using Eldritch Spear
Touch attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Justyn
2007-10-14, 05:50 PM
Kogamaru dropped the writ as he seemlessly moves draws Kokukara and moves into a stance with his feet seperated and perpendicular to each other, Kokukara held vertically to the ground. He locks eyes with the bugbear with the ranseur, staring deep, emotionlessly into the beast's soul; trying to break it.

A mere moment later, he whispers something and the black metal of the blade of covered with bright blue electricity as Kogamaru springs forward to a position where he assumes he can hit both and tries to stab the bugbear in a small gap between two of the pieces of metal in the armor of the ranseur-wielder.

How close together are the bugbears?

Before initiative, Kogamaru stars a battle of wills with the the bugbear with the ranseur (Concentration instead of Intimidate due to Unnerving Calm): [roll0]
[roll1]
in Pearl of Black Doubt stance
Taking a 5-foot step diagonally into an area where Kogamaru can (maybe) threaten both bugbears, but at least the ranseur user, and then using Emerald Razor to hit the Ransuer user as a touch attack.

HP: 80
[roll=Emerald Razor touch attack]1d20+11[roll]
[roll=Damage normal]1d10+8[roll]
[roll=Shock damage]1d6[roll]

Justyn
2007-10-14, 05:53 PM
Screwed up the code.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Deathslayer7
2007-10-14, 06:52 PM
Smooth talking Sophie says, that could of gone so much better.

Move to the wall and throw a grappling hook onto it. If the wall is less than 30 ft, take 10, if more, then here is the roll.

[roll0]

Can't climb up this turn, but ill motion for people to see what im doing.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-14, 06:54 PM
Forgot my stats. Sorry.

AC: 13, Touch 13 FF 10
HP: 45

Deathslayer7
2007-10-14, 06:55 PM
and intiative. :smallredface:

[roll0]

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-14, 10:53 PM
Initiative [roll0]

AC: 22, Touch: 14, FF: 18
HP: 35/35

FOOLS

Waving his bow to signal Tristrim: Initiative: [roll1]
Tristrim drops alchemist fire. (DM can roll, not sure what that would be)
Burning Hands right through the gate, [roll2] DC: 16 reflex

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-14, 10:55 PM
Ryan
AC 19 (FF 19, Touch 11), Hp 47, Init 10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1316427)

"Leaves on the wind? That has absolutely absurd connotations to it. You should really reconsider your use of imagery!" Ryan half-taunts as he decides that he's going to be playing another tank today, drawing a flail that seems to flicker between realms of existence, between corporeality and incorporeality.

Spend 1 Inspiration Point (3 left) as free action to gain a +5 Dodge to AC versus the most aggressive bugbear that has a melee weapon out.
Move action to draw flail.
If they haven't took their action, ready an action to take a 5-ft step as necessary and attack a bugbear, if they attack him in melee.
If they already took their action and threaten him, then 5-ft step as needed and attack with flail.
If they already took their action but don't threaten him, then charge the bugbear which he has applied the dodge bonus to, drawing flail as he moves instead. (+2 to hit, -2 AC)

I hope that was easy enough to understand.

[To hit 10, Damage 2] (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1316445)

Chineselegolas
2007-10-14, 11:24 PM
Shadow

If the gate looked such that could have slipped through, Shadow would have attempted such (He is rather skinny)
[roll0]

If not, then would have been waiting for a chance to slip through the opened gate. Drawing his bow, Shadow thus fired at the bugbear stood infront of the gate.
[roll1]
[roll2] (vs. flat footed AC)
[roll3] (Including favoured enemy)
[roll4] (Sniping)

AC = 20
HP = 33
Spot check to see me before my action = 47
Spot check to see me after action = [roll4]

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-16, 09:04 PM
((ooc:my apologies for not posting yesterday i worked on a post and when i tried to close another program I accidently closed my browser and lost everything. I wanted to scream...or cry...either way.))


Initiatives (mostly for me)
Lillian and Sophie will act simulaneously
Justine
Shadow
Kogamaru
Tristram
Ryan
Cannon Fodder I mean Bugbears


Lillian laughs out maniacally and lets loose an eldritch blast hard into the chest of the chained bugbear at the same time Sophie ineffectively attempts to scale the fence

Justine expertly draws and fires 3 arrows. The first burries itself deep into the ranseur wielding bugbear's shoulder the bugbear anticipates the second and dodges behind a mural but the third shoots straight through his thigh. He is injured but adreline seems to be keeping him moving fairly effectively.

Shadow unable to get though the fence tries to shoot an arrow through but he feels the bowstring give and almost break. So he lets the arrow fly off harmlessly and adjusts the too tight string for his next shot.

The Bugbear laughs as Kogamaru's stare glances off of him (nat 20) but you can't reach either bugbear with a non ranged weapon as they are on the other side of the gate and both have reach weapons. So Kogamaru readies an action until he can get to them.

Tristram gets his oops for this mark (of which I will dole out as I see fit). Dropping the alchemists fire would be bad as you would be dropping it on yourself (its a standard action to throw and a free to "drop") So we will assume you hold onto it and cast burning hands at the chain wielder since you didn't specify but he manages to roll with the attack dodging a good portion of the damage

Ryan steps up to the plate but like Kogamaru seems some what impotent (that's right I said impotent...bagging on my metaphor) on the wrong side of the gate and also readies an action.

Both bugbears take a few steps back smiling and the spiked chain wielder pulls a bead off a rosary around his wrist and throws the bead which expands into a flaming sphere in the center of you (except shadow I think is likely out of range of the fireball) You take 22 damage (ref 14 for half) You see the patroling team coming around the corner these two are armed with a scythe and a great axe



Round 2

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-16, 11:13 PM
OOC(My character's name is Razor, Tristrim is my hawk, lol. Might want to read some of the tread over :smallbiggrin: )

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-17, 12:19 AM
((OOC:And this is why I asked you to put your name in the post. Damage has been adjusted))

Grishnakh
2007-10-17, 02:36 AM
Lilian

AC: 22 (t14 f 18)
Hp: 38/38

After all this time of inaction she finnaly gets to do something. She seems to really be enjoying herself, genuinely pleased to give in to the voices in her blood. Seeing that the bugbear is still standing, she releases another Eldritch Blast at him.

Touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Justyn
2007-10-17, 02:52 AM
OOC: I don't remember where it was stated that the bugbears were inside the gate, can you point me to it? And are the two moving guards inside or outside?

Anyway, IC:

Kogamaru looks around at the gate, trying to find the lock; and barring that, any movement mechanisms. Once found, Kogamaru hacks the unatended object with Kokukara. And, if the sundered object is destroyed, Kogamaru attempts to get the gate open.

(Attacking an unatended object, and trying to open the gate. Last time I check, you automatically hit unatended objects. And Adamatine ignores hardness less than 20, and mithral has 15.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Amiria
2007-10-17, 03:36 AM
((ooc:my apologies for not posting yesterday i worked on a post and when i tried to close another program I accidently closed my browser and lost everything. I wanted to scream...or cry...either way.))

((My browser crashes from time to time and I also lost some posts due to it. Now I either write longer posts offline (complete with all the code) or at least copy/save the text frequently to the clipboard where I can retrieve it if neccessary.))

Justine AC 33 (t 25, ff 28), hp 63/74

Ref save: 1d20+13 = 31 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1320314)

Justine avoids some of the flames and says "Someone open that gate." She takes a 5 ft. step towards the gate and continues on her quest to transform the ranseur-wielding bugbear into a pincushion.

Attacks: 1d20+16; 1d20+16; 1d20+11 = 35, 17 (nat. 1), (18) to 22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1320316)

No miss chances this round

Damage for 1st and 3rd arrow: 1d8+4; 1d8+4 = 10, 6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1320317)

((Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot; Woodland Archer => if one arrow misses subsequent arrows in the same round have a +4 bonus to hit. If he is not in Point Blank Range anymore, subtract 1 from to hit and damage.))

Chineselegolas
2007-10-17, 05:51 AM
Shadow Walker

((Yeah, I'm off to the side attacking from a different direction 'sniping' and staying out of there attention trying to put arrows in... Not working so well...))

Seeing the two others approach from around the corner, Shadow turned and moving so he was out of there way ((5ft stepping out of way, if I happen to be on that side, otherwise nothing)), he checked the string of his bow for flaws with a careful eye as he pulled it back and loosed another arrow at the spiked chain wielding bugbear ((Unless he has gone down already, in which case at the scythe wielder))

[roll0] vs. flat-footed AC
[roll1]
[roll2]

Deathslayer7
2007-10-17, 09:35 AM
Sophie
Stats:
AC: 13, Touch 13 FF 10
HP: 45


I'm pretty sure im out of the range of a fireball, since i moved away and tried to toss up a grappling hook. If not here it is,

[roll0]

Toss up the hook again. They have a big wall more than 30 feet. wow.

[roll1]

edit: if the wall is 40 feet or less, i made it, and will attept to climb up it. First tell me if i made it.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-17, 01:28 PM
Ryan
AC 19, Hp 36/47 [Reflex Nat. 20] (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1321216), Init 10

"Okay. Who the heck put that gate there?" Ryan asks Fate as he shields himself rather ineffectively from that firebead, and waits until he finds out if Kogamaru met with any success at busting in the gate.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-17, 04:04 PM
OOC(Sorry my bad)

Razor
AC:22 T:14 FF:18
HP:24/35

Tristrim(Hawk)
AC:21 T:15 FF:17
HP: 6

Reflex for fire ball: [roll0]
Razor signals at Tristrim to leave.
Then Razor looks at the bugbear with the spiked chain How do you like it
Scorching Ray: Two touch attacks at same target.
Attack: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Edit: To hit points.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-17, 09:00 PM
OOC: I don't remember where it was stated that the bugbears were inside the gate, can you point me to it? And are the two moving guards inside or outside?




Please also note that they have concealment against ranged attacks unless you are up against the fence. You also have this concealment. So please roll d% if you use ranged attacks 1-20 is your miss chance.
10-14-2007 11:55 AM

I didn't spell it out but I didn't think I had to. All Guards are inside the gate because they can't legally patrol the outside.


Round 2

Sophie yes the building does have big walls its a rich district in a xenophobic city and these nice adventurers have a nice healthy paranoia to go along with it. In fairness though most of the mansions do have large walls The rope latches on though and you get up 15 feet in this round. As for the fireball I would say its fair to say you are not in it.

Lillian having a blast fires another beam of dark energy this one hitting harder than the first but but nearly as squarely the blast hits him in his shoulder and he almost drops his chain but holds on out of sheer stubborness

Justine fires a shot that adds another hole into the ranseur wielder he does not look to be doing very well but the lust for the kill causes Justine to not pay enough attention to her bow string and when she is firing her second shot the string snaps back hitting her hand and causing her to drop her bow. (I figured you'd rather drop it then have the string snap)

Shadow safely hidden in the shadows fires a nasty shot of his own this one in its foot forcing the Buggy to hobble. (Half speed)

Kogamaru manages to do you all a huge favor and (I am assuming that you have more than one attack in a round as only poor BAB wouldn't at this level) and attacks sunders the two hinges in the gate since he can't seem to find the lock and the right door (there are two) falls to the ground. The gate is now open.

Razor raises his hand and two beams come out and blast into the bugbears lifting off the ground and setting him ablaze. when he comes down to the ground he isn't moving or breathing that you can tell.

Ryan has a readied action for when the gate goes down so we will pause here for his action.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-17, 10:41 PM
Ryan
AC 19, Hp 36/47, Init 10

Hm... Okay, gate's up, and there's a bunch of hobbies that could rip you up to pieces. What do you do? (Aside from wish that you took ranks in Tumble)

...You run out of bubble gum.

Ryan moves right up to Kogamaru with a cheerful "Feel like covering backs?" as he swings about his flail threateningly, not bothering to get out his longbow and waiting for these bugbears to come at him.

...And readying an action to spend an Inspiration point to gain +5 Dodge to AC against the next bugbear to attack him.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-18, 12:15 AM
Round 2 continued

((There is no way these oversized goblins can rip you to pieces I am leaving the nasty stuff for the next fight.))

Ryan waits at the gate with Koji ( I assume that was likely a childhood nickname that he either likes or hates if that is incorrect or he had a different nickname like Maru let me know. I like details.)

The ranseur wielder moves in to range for his weapon and attacks Ryan who sees it coming from a mile away grabs the ranseur, pulls it out of his grasp and tosses it aside (rolled a nat 1 then a 3). The bugbear looks like a rabbit in front of a stampede.

The others move to the gate but not close enough to attack or be attacked (double move) and now you can see the third group closing in from the other direction.

Round 3...FIGHT

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-18, 12:41 AM
Razor
AC:22 T:14 FF:18
HP:24/35

Razor, with a smirk on his face from his downed foe. Thats what you get, anyone else want to go flame for flame.
He looks around quickly for his next victim. He finds it in the group just out of reach (you pick which one). Loads up his composite longbow and fires.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Grishnakh
2007-10-18, 02:12 AM
Lilian

AC:22 (t14 f18)
Hp:38/38

A bit pissed that one of the others finished her kill, she quickly chooses another ... yes, the one with the greataxe will do nice.

Touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Amiria
2007-10-18, 02:23 AM
Justine AC 33 (t 25, ff 28), hp 63/74

Justine curses under her breath and stoops to pick up the bow. Just as she bobs up again the door crashes down. She fires a single arrow at the greataxe-wielding bugbear.

Attack and Damage: 1d20+18 = 29; 1d8+4 = 6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1322476)

((If he is not in Point Blank Range, subtract 1 from to hit and damage.))

Deathslayer7
2007-10-18, 09:32 AM
Sophie
Stats:
AC: 13, Touch 13 FF 10
HP: 45


Sophie will finish climbing up the wall and walk look to see if anyone else is coming their way. I'll wait for now.

Spot: [roll0]

And i'll take 10 on balance check, which is enough, 18.

edit: forgot stats.

Chineselegolas
2007-10-18, 02:52 PM
Shadow Walker

Moving swiftly though the open gate way past the Bugbears (They can't AoO what they can't see :smallwink:), Shadow assessed the scene from the other side of the wall, getting ready to step in the way of any attempt to go for more help.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Justyn
2007-10-18, 08:10 PM
Thank's for that, I didn't catch that the first time around.

Forgot to do this:
Kogamaru

: AC 20 HP 38/60 Init 13
Stance: Pearl of Black Doubt (adds +2 to AC for each attack that misses Kogamaru untill the start of his next turn)

Maneuvers:
Death Mark
Emerald Razor
Insightful Strike
Sapphire Nightmare Blade
Shadow Blade Technique
Ruby Nightmare Blade


Kogamaru, having sliced opened the gate, decided to press the attack: flipping his crackling blade in his hands, he moved up to the ranseur weilder, and struck the disarmed bugbear with the back of Kokukara's blade.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-18, 10:04 PM
Ryan
AC 19, Hp 36/47, Init 10

Quite happy with the way things turned out on that attack even though he just wasted some of his valuable combat inspiration for it, Ryan takes a step towards the ranseur-wielder and makes a good swing with his flail.

[15 to hit, 7 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1323698)]

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-20, 01:53 AM
((OOC:ok just so you know I am posting this in lieu of sleep so if there are any errors I will fix them after I get home from work tomorrow which should be around 630-7ish pacific time.

Round 3

Lilian reaches the top of the wall and sees the battle below her deciding what to do next.

Sophie blasts the greataxe wielder who takes it missing a step but continuing on.

Justine cursing her bow picks it up and nocks and shoots another arrow. This shot almost makes him fall but he manages to save himself, barely.

Shadow walks past the carnage I am not going to roll for hide or move silently. No they don't get attacks of however you are moving through threatened squares where melee combat is happening so make a tumble check DC 20 (instead of 25 since you are invisible) to make sure you don't bump into anyone (straight dex if you have no ranks) The result will be bumping into Kogamaru or Ryan and knocking them off balance (they didn't know you were there and therefore aren't expecting it) which will result in the loss of dex bonus to AC for one round.

No tumble check is required to avoid AoO as its only a 5 step. Kogamaru moves in and smashes the bugbear in the forehead and knocking him out flat, he'll recover but he isn't getting up without help.

Next thing you know there is an arrow sticking out of the scythe wielder and a smug look on Razor's Face.

Ryan attacks the downed ranseur wielder and despite his rather pathetic attack (15? ;-p) he manages to send the bugbear closer to death

fort save for dying bugbear failed, creeps one step towards death.

The scythe wielder attacks Ryan (no AoO). The Scythe wileder scores a hit across Ryan's back as he attacks the downed bugbear (7 damage)

The one with the great axe moves in towards Kogamaru again no AoO (You are all pretty much in a big pile) He swings at kogamaru but he see's it coming and lets it glance harmlessly off his armor.

The final guard group shows up these two are carrying a bastard sword and a war hammer

Amiria
2007-10-20, 02:54 AM
Justine (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/Other/Justine-s.jpg) AC 33 (t 25, ff 28), hp 63/74

Justine puts her bow away and moves into the courtyard, trying to establish a flanking position with either Kogamaru or Ryan. She tumbles most elegantly past one of the bugbears and her shortsword and punching dagger spring into her hands.

((trying to avoid AoOs from bugbears, she can't fail a DC 15 tumble check, if a higher roll is neccessary: 1d20+17 = 37 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1326510) ... somewhat higher. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and it would be useful to know if there are enemies adjactent to her or within a 5 foot step in the next round, preferable flankable. :smallsmile: ))

Chineselegolas
2007-10-20, 04:49 AM
[roll0] ((Whoops... Sorry guys))

Shadow

Moving though the battle, Shadow stood on the other side and drew back his bow firing an arrow into the back of one of the bugbears.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Grishnakh
2007-10-20, 06:41 AM
Lilian

((I think you missed my last post, I attacked the bugbear with the greataxe...))

AC: 22 (t14 f18)
Hp: 38/38

With a big grin on her face Lilian clings to the wall, quite relaxed. Again she points to the bugbear with the greataxe and shoots a beam of blackest darkness from the tip of her finger. Maybe this one will be mine... she thinks, a small sigh of satisfaction escaping her lips.

Touch attack: 1d20+9]
Damage: [roll0]

Grishnakh
2007-10-20, 06:42 AM
messed up the attack, sorry
[roll0]

Deathslayer7
2007-10-20, 10:07 AM
Switch Lillian with Sophie :smallwink:

So how many people are still left?

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-20, 02:22 PM
Razor

((I think you missed my last post too, but both of them are down now anyways))

Edit: Sorry
HP:24/35
AC:22 T:14 FF:18

Razor looks and points at the bugbear with the bastard sword, smiles, wispers a few, and four magic missles fly at him.

Damage:
[roll0]

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-20, 02:33 PM
There's a bit where there was an arrow sticking out of the scythe-wielder and the smug look on Razor's face.

Ryan
AC 19, Hp 29/47, Init 10

Ryan grimaces at the impact of the weapons against him, and turns to the scythe-wielder with a bit of a tut-tut expression, before whacking him mightily (or at least making a jolly good attempt thereof) with the flail
(Moving into flanking position with a 5-ft step if possible).

[18 to hit, 7 damage] (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1326953)

Justyn
2007-10-20, 05:09 PM
Kogamaru scowled and growled as more and more people moved into the melee. And, spotting the two new bugbears moving towards them, Kogamaru smirks. Breaking away from the group, he ran at a moderate pace toward the new bugbears, and shouted out to the rest of the party:

"These two ar' mine'n mine alone! No one in'erfere, ya' hear me!?"

AC 20 HP 38/60 Init 13
Stance: Pearl of Black Doubt (adds +2 to AC for each attack that misses Kogamaru untill the start of his next turn)

Maneuvers:
Death Mark
Emerald Razor
Insightful Strike
Sapphire Nightmare Blade
Shadow Blade Technique
Ruby Nightmare Blade

[roll0]

And can we get a visual map? Of any kind?

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-20, 06:47 PM
OOC((Ooops, thanks, missed that.
Edit: sorry kogamaru, missles already left hand :smalleek: ))

Deathslayer7
2007-10-20, 07:57 PM
Sophie will leave the guards in their capable hands, and goes off to find the people. Looking through windows, and looking ahead for guards or anything else that might be trouble.

Hiding if she can on top of the wall. Half speed.

Hide:
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll]1d20+
Move Silently: [roll2]

Deathslayer7
2007-10-20, 07:58 PM
[roll0] Listen

Balance auto

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-20, 08:57 PM
((OOC:knew there were errors but it matters not and here is why...))

Before Lillian and Sophie can move can complete their actions 10 figures teleport into a surrounding postition. They are all wearing crisp white clothing and armor and a young woman with blond hair and brown eyes steps forward.

"Halt in the name of the White Guard or be declared enemies."

((Sorry about making you post but it didn't occur to me til today that an alarm was set off in the mansion district...of course the cops are going to show up.))

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-20, 11:26 PM
OOC((Wow, a 18 second respond time, if only cops were that fast.))

Razor
About to cast a spell, he stops, turns towards the woman and says.
We are on official guard business, leave us be.

Chineselegolas
2007-10-21, 12:49 AM
Shadow

Making use of the distraction, Shadow turned and ran quickly and quietly towards the house, looking for an open door or open window to enter the house through.

((OOC: Perfect. Now everyone will be stuck talking to the cops))

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-21, 01:40 AM
((OOC: I assume you mean order business so I will answer it so.))

"Onyx Dagger or not you are fighting on city streets. You will cease and present your writ or be taken into custody on charges of Murder. Not that an arbiter will likely convict you of the murder of a bugbear(she says the word bugbear with obvious disgust) but the law is the law. Leena please begin the investigation."

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-21, 01:45 AM
Ryan

Ryan presents his writ to the White Whatchamacallits, and looks at the scythe-wielding bugbear with some knowing smile.
"They started it."

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-21, 02:15 AM
The woman snatches the writ from you and calls an incantation in a language none of you know (unless you can make a DC 25 knowledge history check) a wispy incorporeal dagger identical in size to the one on your chest appears above it. She touches the dagger which promptly disapears and then she touches your chest and you are outlined in a green glow for a moment and then it fades.

"Well that settles that. What in the nine hells happened here Leena?"

An ugly little gnome steps forward.

"Technically the Order struck first but only after they had declared themselves and the bugbears stated they were members of the talon and would kill them."

"All right take the bugbears into custody...Have a good day."

With that they grab the living bugbears and the corpses and teleport away.


((don't worry treasure will be added with the main group.))

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-21, 02:30 AM
Razor
Well, that was easy. So, we going in now then?

Razor starts walking towards the house.

Amiria
2007-10-21, 03:53 AM
Justine AC 33 (t 25, ff 28), hp 63/74

"Yes, would you be so nice and knock at the door ?", says Justine and sheathes her weapons. "And be prepared that all hell might break loose if they are all in there."

Deathslayer7
2007-10-21, 10:43 AM
Sophie, during all that talking, will have climbed down. By the time she gets to the ground they dissapear.

Next time, lets have a plan other than charging in through the front door. she says to the group. What now?

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-21, 01:25 PM
Ryan
AC 19, hp 44/47

Ryan shoves his writ back into his pocket once he receives it. Assuming that he receives it.
"That was... A learning experience. So, what, is it just them in the house, now, or are we going to deal with more buggies inside?"

Ryan sighs, and takes the opportunity to utter a swift prayer to... lets say St. Cuthbert this time around, converting a snatch of energy into healing power.

(Using Opportunistic Piety on self - heal 15 hit points. One inspiration point left until the next encounter starts.)

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-21, 10:25 PM
Razor

In responce to Justine, he replies I would be happly to cast the spell at your request. He smiles at his own politeness. He uses two cure light wound potions, then casts Knock on the front door.

Cure light wound potions
[roll0]

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-22, 10:20 PM
Everyone near the door gets to make a will save DC 17

Amiria
2007-10-23, 02:39 AM
Justine AC 33 (t 25, ff 28), hp 63/74

Will save: 1d20+19 = 33 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1331152)

Justine quickly searches for a trap at the door.

Search: 1d20+17 = 30 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1331153)

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-23, 01:39 PM
Ryan
AC 19, hp 44/47

Using his last inspiration point for the encounter to buff his will save by +5 by Cunning Insight.
[Will save 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1331892)]
And he's bloody thankful that he did that.

"What the? What was that?" Ryan asks.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-23, 05:48 PM
[roll0]

Also how close is close? I thought razor cast the spell knock on the door.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-23, 08:18 PM
60 ft from the door is the range so if you are within the range of the gate to the door you are in the radius if you are on the side of the house or the backside you are immune.

EDIT: Jutine finds and identifies the trap as a Permanent Symbol of Pain that has been triggered

Deathslayer7
2007-10-23, 09:07 PM
:smallfrown: Then i'm in range and failed

Chineselegolas
2007-10-23, 09:29 PM
((I was sneaking in while everyone was talking to the guards, shall we say I didn't find any of interest and went back to the others, and thus getting caught in the spell. Despite how bad it will be for me with my will save...))
[roll0]

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-23, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I'll go ahead and assume I triggered it :smallbiggrin: sorry.

Will Save: [roll0]

Edit: Damm

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-24, 12:00 AM
Those of you who didn't make their saves are wracked with intense pain

-4 attack for 1 hr after you leave the radius of the mark until then its constant effect


Edit:Ok so it turns out I used the wrong save those of you who made a will save can say they use their will to overcome the pain those of you who failed can make a fort save and try again.

Grishnakh
2007-10-24, 02:55 AM
Lilian

Since I didn't come down from the wall yet, I don't know if I'm in range of the trap but just in case.

Fort: [roll0]

Justyn
2007-10-24, 05:13 AM
OOC: Is there time for me to use Adaptive Style to ready Mind Over Body? If not, I'll just go with whatever this roll says.

If I make the will save: Kogamaru will just start sundering the door.

If I don't: Kogamaru will find someplace to sit down in untill the pain stops. -4 to hit and skill checks for a class that uses skill checks and melee attacks is basically making him dead in the water against the entrenched group.

[roll0]

Justyn
2007-10-24, 05:26 AM
I wish my internet wasn't screwy. I only managed to post a message that I wrote up several hours ago just a moment ago.

And and Save or Suck against my weakest save; I'm not sure if I should stick with my will that I fortuneately passed, or have to go with, what is as I stated, my weakest save.

All of this because of this damned internet holding up the post that I tried to make hours ago.

Here goes... well, everything.

[roll0]

Deathslayer7
2007-10-24, 09:39 AM
Great a +4 modifier instead of 3. Prays.

[roll0]

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-24, 10:39 AM
Yay, a second chance with a lower modifier... Here it goes.

Fort. save: [roll0]

Edit: Oh thank the gods.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-24, 01:30 PM
Everyone made their save but sophie so one of you is in intense pain but the knock spell did unlock the front door.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-24, 11:19 PM
Razor

Well, that was obviously suprising... So then, lady's first.

With a grin he walks up to the door disregarding what he said and opens it, while wondering if he will regret his boldness.

Amiria
2007-10-25, 12:55 PM
Justine

Justine follows Razor and tries to peek through the opening.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-25, 01:10 PM
You open the door and see a beautifully decorated hall. Their are three directions you can take as left right and up stairs there are also two doors that you can see

Grishnakh
2007-10-25, 01:43 PM
Lilian

Seeing that nobody is hiding behind the door or in the hallway, Lilian comes down from the wall to follow the others into the manor.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-25, 06:04 PM
I follow in behind the group.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-26, 01:25 AM
nothing happens to anyone as you enter the hallway if fact the house seems eerily quiet except for a light scratching to your left.

Amiria
2007-10-26, 08:50 AM
Justine

Justine walks to the closest door and scrutinizes it closely.

((DM should make a Search check, +17))

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-27, 03:01 AM
((apologies for typos I'm a little tipsy))

Justine inspects the door and finds no traps...there is however a faint smell of dung wafting off of the frame and you venture a guess that this is likely the sewer hole room

Justyn
2007-10-28, 06:19 AM
Kogamaru, having deactivated the electricity on his sword, entered into the building; and, seeing Justine searching one of the doors, starts looking around the opposite door, trying to keep quiet.

(No ranks in search, so made with a +3 bonus)

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-28, 01:15 PM
Ryan

Also walking into the building, Ryan pauses to make mental notes on the architectural design of the hallway, just for later use.
He says in a somewhat-hushed voice, "Something occurs - why would this adventuring party bother to trap their own house? Unless they are that paranoid... Speaking of which," He shoves Kogamaru aside and searches that door that was being searched for himself.

...Why aren't we allowed to make out own search checks?
Bah, I'll swim with the tide for now, +17 on Ryan's Search (And he has Trapfinding).

Deathslayer7
2007-10-28, 05:49 PM
Sophie will head upstairs if there is an upstairs.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-28, 10:31 PM
Razor will Sophie up the stairs.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-28, 10:55 PM
((I personally have no problem with you rolling your own search checks in the DMG its listed as one of those checks like spot and listen that the players shouldn't know they failed))


Ryan you are certain with your very high search check that you found a closet.

When Sophie and Razor reach the top they run into a wall of ice blocking the rest of the hallway.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-28, 11:04 PM
((did it just appear out of thin air????))

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-28, 11:08 PM
Ryan

"Ta daa!" Ryan says as he opens the closet and then turns around to the rest of the group still in the hallway without looking at what is in the closet.
"So much for Door Number Two."

Justyn
2007-10-29, 03:52 AM
((did it just appear out of thin air????))

I would assume that the hallway, and by extention, the wall, is high enough that we didn't see it before.

Some quick questions:

How far back in the hallway is the wall?
How big is the hallway?

IC: Kogamaru:

Growling loudly at Ryan, the name of whom he had forgotten, Kogamaru walked towards, and up the stairs. Upon reaching the wall of ice, Kogamaru spoke:

"Wow! Now that's convenient!"

Amiria
2007-10-29, 01:37 PM
Justine

Justine opens the door, ready to kill anyone who might be there with pants down.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-29, 10:02 PM
The throne room is empty. :-p As is the closet.

As for the staircase it goes up half a flight and reverses direction and the wall of ice was at the top of the stair case. Which you couldn't see until you turned around.

As for the dimensions of the hallway it is just large enough for a two medium creatures walking comfortably side by side

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-30, 01:40 AM
Razor walks up to the wall of ice and gently taps it with his forefinger.
Well, this can't be natural. Don't suppose anyone has dispel magic...Do you think we can bust through it or burn it?

Amiria
2007-10-30, 02:17 AM
Justine

Justine walks towards the stairs. "A Wall of Ice ? I could try to dispel it. Shall I ?"

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-30, 01:23 PM
Go for it, I don't think a dispel can backfire.

Deathslayer7
2007-10-30, 01:40 PM
Cast detect magic first Sophie says.

Amiria
2007-10-30, 06:10 PM
Justine

"Sure, although I can't imagine that there might be some kind of dispel magic trap on the spell.", says Justine and concentrates with her Detect Magic ability on the Wall of Ice.

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-30, 09:17 PM
The wall gives off a moderate magical aura from the Evocation school of magic.

Amiria
2007-10-31, 02:20 AM
Justine

"There is nothing wrong with the aura of that spell. I'll dispel it now so get ready.", says Justine and starts to cast her spell.

Targeted Dispel Magic: 1d20+10 = 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1345035)

((Somehow I have a feeling that this wasn't enough, maybe missed it b only one.:smallannoyed: ))

theevilsmurf88
2007-10-31, 12:46 PM
The wall holds firm against Justine's spell.

Grishnakh
2007-10-31, 02:41 PM
Lilian

"Well, that didn't seem to do much. Maybe we should try to blast our way through?" With that remark a dark swirl of power comes from her hands, showing to all that she would be more then happy to try her theory.

Spyder_Cel
2007-10-31, 03:20 PM
I think burning hand would be a sufficient spell, or if we should save our spells an alchemist fire would probibly work well.
Razor pulls one out waiting for a response.

Chineselegolas
2007-11-01, 02:37 AM
Shadow Walker

Walking along in the shadows behind the others, Shadow made his way to the door no one had checked yet and looked it for any obvious signs of trapping, before attempting to kick the door open, stepping back an hiding, looking around at what lay beyond the door

((OOC: Been busy with exams. Should be back to normal now))

Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

theevilsmurf88
2007-11-01, 03:19 AM
fyi both doors were checked there are two hallways on the bottom floor but most everyone (I believe) is on the staircase trying to get through the wall of ice.

Chineselegolas
2007-11-01, 05:58 PM
((Oh, right. My mistake... Just skim read what happened))

Sneaking along one of the corridors, Shadow looked for any sign of the dancers.

theevilsmurf88
2007-11-02, 02:11 AM
You still hear that scratching down the left corridor.