PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next College of Invocation [Bard Subclass]

Yunru
2019-04-07, 08:22 AM
Magic-Laced Songs: Starting at 3rd level, when you cast a concentration spell that doesn't have a range of self or touch, you may instead weave the spell into a chant, song or hymn. At the end of each of your turns, each valid creature within 5 feet of you that can hear you experiences the effect of the spell. When you use a spell of 1st level or higher with this feature, increase the distance that creatures are affected by 5 feet per spell level.

Speech of Epics: At 6th level, when you use your Bardic Inspiration, you may instead choose to inspire a number of creatures that can hear you, up to your proficiency modifier.

Improved Magic-Laced Songs: Beginning at 14th level, you can use spells with a range of self with your Magic-Laced Songs feature.

Homebrew Index (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?581718-Personal-Homebrew-Index)

Crisis21
2019-04-07, 09:11 AM
...from the thread name, I was expecting something with Warlock-style features.

Bjarkmundur
2019-04-07, 02:11 PM
Your homebrewes are my favourites

sandmote
2019-04-07, 04:53 PM
Speech of Epics: At 6th level, when you use your Bardic Inspiration, you may instead choose to inspire each creature of your choice within 5 ft. * your proficiency modifier. (How the hell do I word this better?)
If anything, I'd let you choose to inspire a number of creatures up to your proficiency bonus within either the normal range (60 feet) or half that (30 feet). To put a hard limit on the number of creatures you can give bardic inspiration this way.

So, "At 6th level, when you use your Bardic Inspiration, you may choose a number of creatures equal to your proficiency bonus within 30 feet. Each of these creatures gains a bardic inspiration die as normal. This expends only one use of your bardic inspiration." Or something along those lines.

...from the thread name, I was expecting something with Warlock-style features.
So was I. So was I... :smallfrown:

Yunru
2019-04-07, 11:17 PM
Your homebrewes are my favourites

Thanks, appreciate it! :3

Crisis21
2019-04-08, 12:13 AM
If anything, I'd let you choose to inspire a number of creatures up to your proficiency bonus within either the normal range (60 feet) or half that (30 feet). To put a hard limit on the number of creatures you can give bardic inspiration this way.

So, "At 6th level, when you use your Bardic Inspiration, you may choose a number of creatures equal to your proficiency bonus within 30 feet. Each of these creatures gains a bardic inspiration die as normal. This expends only one use of your bardic inspiration." Or something along those lines.

Agreed.

I also propose changing the name of the subclass to 'College of Song' or 'College of Music'.

Edit: @ Yunru - I was looking over your Magical Girl School archetype, and I honestly feel that you should add a 'While transformed' qualifier to the archetype features.

Yunru
2019-10-21, 01:58 PM
Name change, and a rework to Speech of Epics.

sandmote
2019-10-21, 06:36 PM
Looks great. Slight typo of "hear up," though.

Yunru
2019-10-24, 06:37 AM
Looks great. Slight typo of "hear up," though.

Fixed, thanks!