PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition: DC Adventures. Need a bit of brainstorming help.

Metahuman1
2019-04-10, 04:06 AM
So, I'm going to try GMing an IRL game of Mutants and Masterminds using the DC books for the system, and set in the DCU soon.

I've got a five person party. Two members are starting in Gothem, 1 in Gateway City, 1 in Bludhaven, and one in Star City. Of the characters 1 is tied in with Lantern Mythology, one is Science Based, 1 is a Metahuman, and the last 2 are magic based.

So. I'm setting things up for session 1. I'm going to start the party in there respective citys, have them meet some of the local bad guys, go a combat round or two apiece against them solo, and then have the local hero's show up to lend a hand, and then bring them to the Zeta tubes to teleport too The Justice Society's Headquarters, since the premise is there all adult rookie hero's, so the Society is going to be mentoring them to get them up to speed.

The 2 that are in Gothem and the 1 in Bludhaven were easy enough. Since the one in Bludhaven is magic, I opted to throw in Zatana as well as Nightwing so that he's got someone that speaks a bit more his characters language to work off of before meeting the party. And of course, I've got the whole Batclan to play with for the other 2, and that's going to be GOLD with there personality's.

The others, I'm having a slightly harder time with.

So, Gateway City is only providing me a minor issue. I've got a set up of a bank robbery being run by a Minor super powered Villain of Wonder Woman's, (The Dreadnought, in case your curious.) With Mob Ties (To justify some henchmen with normal guns and no powers.). I'm framing the map so that he can be up in the PC's face fighting her, and then after a round or two of that, from off sides, Wonder Woman and throw her Lasso at him and yank him off her, throwing him about.

I'm having two problems from here. 1: I just can't think of a good one liner for Wonder Woman to drop. One that fits a none Noland or New 52 esque version of the character. (I'm aiming for an iteration that would have felt Iconic post Crisis on Infinite Earths, but isn't New 52 feeling.).

I'm also seeking a cut of the 70's Wonder Woman TV show theme. One were they say her name, and have the instrumentals, but don't actually sing all the lyrics. (That might be a bit distracting and just a bit, *Too* camp. I want fun, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.).

I figure about the time the lasso lands on the bad guy, the One Liner get's popped off, the theme music goes, and then it'll take 2 maybe 3 rounds at most to mop up the bad guys and get on with the game.

(I want the Wonder Woman interaction with the player because she picked the city specifically because Wonder Woman. I figure she'll enjoy the mental image of getting to foil a bank robbery, with Wonder Woman, as a start point. )

The other one I'm a bit stuck on is the Star City guy. He's playing a magically themed character (This is the 4th time he's tried to play this character with this group. He seems to have developed a bit of a case of "My First OC.". I'm hoping he will FINALLY get board with it and want to experiment after this game.), so, being that that's the case, when he meets the locals (I.E., Black Canary, Speedy and of course, Green Arrow.), I also want a Magic user handy with the group. I though it would be cool to use Etrigan, as he doesn't know much about DC lore, so this would be a new and different and cool thing for him I think.

So I figured "Ok, I'll have Brick, China White and Everyman hanging out and doing a thing were there holding The Star City Rockets football team hostage cause there new head coach was suppose to set up a dive for them on the last game, and ignored his end of the bargain, cause he's a dummy like that. New guy shows up to help, goes a round or two with one of them and/or there mob minions, and then The Locals and Etrigan show up and mop this up in a few rounds after that. "

Then two problems I am having here are:

1: I need a good bit of Music that Is NOT the CW or DCAU theme music for when Team Arrow and Etrigan show up.

2: Etrigan's whole deal were he talks predominantly if not entirely in rhyme. I am NOT Dr. Suess or Jack Kirby. So, I need some semi generic sounding rhymes for him to sound off with here and there to keep the illusion up that he talks basically entirely in rhyme, to preserve the flavor as it were for the player.

Anyone got anything helpful for these things?

Beleriphon
2019-04-10, 02:42 PM
Then two problems I am having here are:

1: I need a good bit of Music that Is NOT the CW or DCAU theme music for when Team Arrow and Etrigan show up.

2: Etrigan's whole deal were he talks predominantly if not entirely in rhyme. I am NOT Dr. Suess or Jack Kirby. So, I need some semi generic sounding rhymes for him to sound off with here and there to keep the illusion up that he talks basically entirely in rhyme, to preserve the flavor as it were for the player.

Anyone got anything helpful for these things?

On Wonder Woman, try the Rebirth version for inspiration.

As for Etrigan I'd have a few canned lines to go with to start. He's not that hard to manage if you only say a sentence or two. Its the longer statements that get tricky. Generally his rhyme pattern is AABB, but you can pick anything you want. At least he doesn't talk in iambic pentameter.

Metahuman1
2019-04-10, 09:52 PM
Well, the first session is tomorrow. So, I don't have a hugh amount of time to run out and get Wonder Woman books to go digging for a one liner.

As for Etrigan, any suggestions on Canned lines?

And what about the music part?