PDA

View Full Version : The Doctor? Doctor Who?

Pages : [1] 2

alchemyprime
2007-10-01, 09:02 PM
The four stood in various locations around the large room in the small blue box. Four people stood in front of them.

The skinny man in the suit spoke first. He wore a set of horn-rimmed glasses.
"Hello there, I'm the Doctor."

The black girl in the red blouse spoke next. "I'm Martha Jones."

The charismatic man in the tight shirt and the trenchcoat spoke up. "I'm Captain Jack Harkness of Torchwood."

Finally, the ginger man in the windbreaker took a step forward. In his hand is on an iPod. "And I'm Jonathan McCallister, also known as The Wizard Who Did It."

They looked at the people around them. "Well, I'm certain you want to know why we called you into this Police Call Box. I'll explain. Remember about three months ago, with the Tolclafayne incident? The reign of terror, so to speak? Well, the man who did that was killed." Captain Jack said. Jonathan stepped forward.

"Except he didn't stay killed. The Master, Saxon as you Brits all called him, his DNA was left on a ring, which someone took from his burning corpse. This person seemed to have access to the most powerful of Elan artifacts. A Living Ring. A Living Ring allows you to completely regrow someone's body from even the smallest of parts. If a single cell lives, a Living Ring can be used to bring them fully to life. Only three still exist. They got one of them."

Martha nodded. "So, with advice from both Jack and Jonathan, we figured it'd be best if we had a way to stop the Master. Since he also seems to have used another Paradox Engine to kidnap one of the Doctor's old companions, another TARDIS named Comapssion. Long story short-"

"Too late," Jonathan comments, searching for a song.

"- we need help. And we were hoping you could help us. But, um..."

Jack and Jonathan stepped forward. "We invited most of them." Jonathan said. "He's Torchwood, and I have money. They're both good tools."

Martha stomps her foot. "But I'd still like some names!"

The Neoclassic
2007-10-01, 09:41 PM
I'm Sydney Emma Trotter. A bit too dumbfounded at these strange surroundings, Sydney doesn't approach to shake their hands but observes them with a bit of awe. She's only 5'2", wearing slightly feminine business attire (a shell pink blouse, black suit jacket and slacks, small pearl earrings and matching necklace), with light skin, brown hair, and blue eyes.

Use this for OOC stuff? Oh, did you say third season Doctor? I'm just curious to get the mental image. Don't worry; I'm going to start watching some of those episodes everyone so helpfully recommended tomorrow night.

alchemyprime
2007-10-01, 09:43 PM
(Well, Thrid Seaon of the New Doctor Who series. If you're in America, Friday is the Season 3 finale. Oh, fine, series, but I'm a stubborn American, so I call it a seaon.)

The Neoclassic
2007-10-01, 09:55 PM
Are we going to have a seperate OOC thread? OK, I wikipedia'd the characters to make sure I had an idea of what they look like. So, 3rd season Doctor, two companions based on those from Season 10, and one homebrew one? That Jack guy is cute... But I digress. :smallwink:

alchemyprime
2007-10-01, 09:56 PM
(Say, let's use the recruitment thread for OOC after this post, unless it's a quick comment. Okay?)

(And your respose better be in the other thread!)

Glawackus
2007-10-02, 05:20 AM
"Sam Spencer, Torchwood," Sam says, clearing his throat. He steps forward to shake the Doctor's hand, and does the same for Captain Jack. He gives a polite nod to Martha, and isn't quite sure what to make of the guy still digging for a song on the iPod.

Sam looks for somewhere to sit, but isn't quite sure what's part of this "Call Box" and what's furniture. He wears a black leather jacket over a somewhat grease-stained plaid shirt, and jeans. A small courier bag is on the floor next to him--black, unremarkable except for a scorched hole in the side. He has black hair, somewhat wavy, and green eyes that dart about the "room" like a kid looking at Christmas presents, trying to figure out what's inside each one.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-02, 07:25 AM
Alchemy, IIRC, at the end of the third season, no one is supposed to remember anything of the Toclafane EXCEPT that they shredded the American President to death, and then the Master was stopped. So is that all we know about Saxon, or are we aware of the "year of hell" that only the Doctor, Martha, her family, and Jack are supposed to remember?

Standing with the other newcomers is a woman in her 30s, of medium height and build, wearing a worn buff trench coat over a slightly low-cut blouse and black trousers. She carries a messenger bag over one shoulder, and a laptop case at her feet. Her dark brown hair is pulled loosely into a pony tail, with shorter strands falling into inquisitive green eyes, which look especially bright as she gazes upon the interior of the "Call Box" she has been invited into. Realizing introductions have begun, she snaps herself out of her reverie.

"Oh, goodness, how rude of me. I am Gwendolyn King; you may call me Wendy." She speaks in a soft, warm tone, in a trained "RP" accent. She offers her hand to shake to everyone, and then nods towards Jack. "Apparently someone remembered I work for Torchwood. And I must say he is at least more personable than my former superiors." Jack winks at her and she rolls her eyes, but appears to be amused.

"I've been doing my best to follow along, though you'll have to explain some of the details to me later. 'Paradox engine'? 'TARDIS'? I do know of course about Saxon... and he's apparently capable of resurrecting himself? Interesting...." She scratches her chin. "Magic ring? Reminds me of something I found while researching..." She smiles politely, "Incidents involving the appearance of an out-of-place police box. At least I'm starting to understand what that's about. Anyway, back in the late 70s, apparently a woman infiltrated a nuclear reactor, carrying a large ring and what appeared to be a hand broken off a statue. One woman entered the reactor area, two came out, no more hand. The incident was hushed up, but that's what I could glean from the security reports." She eyes the group curiously. "Do you know if this is the same sort of thing, and therefore, should we keep an eye out for women invading nuclear reactors?"

Just making a reference to "Hand of Fear." Not expecting it to be significant, and Wendy doesn't know anything more than what she's just said. And I promise, I will stop being such a nerd now. :smalltongue:

alchemyprime
2007-10-02, 09:49 AM
(Sorry about how long the post is, I just wanted this to get started up.)
"Not the same thing, but a good place to start." Jonathan nodded, suddenly becoming more like a young Jack.

"Oh, um, Jon. You seem to have forgotten something. Martha, Jack and I were there, so we remember the year of terror. You're an Elan, so you're immune to temporal displacement. These people would have remembered more of a day or two, and that's it." The Doctor looked at Jonathan with a "I remembered, you didn't" look.

"Okay, so I forgot, geez!" Jonathan humphs, showing off his own immaturity.

"So, what we've gathered is this: there are some other Elan artifacts that would be very useful to gain."

"Also, other civilizations have technology that would be a good idea, so I'm staying here with Torchwood." Jack says. He looks at Jonathan.

"Okay, fine! I personally use an old machine from a race that no longer exists called the Ghostly Ones. I have named it the Matter and Energy Displacement of Probabilty And Possibility, or the MEDPAP."

"You used to call it the Ghosty Car before you saw the TARDIS." The Doctor says, smirking at him.

"So I stole your idea. That's how I made my fortune, modifying alien tech. Anyhow, as things come up, we will all need your help. For the most part, you'll be with the good Doctor here. Occasionally you'll catch up with me or Jack. So, Sam, Wendy, Sydney, I bid you ado for now." Jonathan says. He pulls out a small penlight shaped device, colored black with a purple lens. He clicks a button, the purple light goes off and he teleports out of the room.

"Stupid Mystic Screwdriver. All he did was take a Sonic Screwdriver and add some stuff to it. And then he painted it black."

Jack walks out the door. "Sam, Wendy, go with the Doctor. Sydney... I guess I have no control over what you do. Jon is the one who paid to have your contract altered. If I rememeber right, he made it so that you are not to be fired from the CSIS for any reason until he fires you from your new post at his company. 'Agent for Mr. McCallister in Doctorly Practices and Lumber Management.' Jon's way of saying that you go around with me, him and the Doctor ans still get paid."

Jack walks off and seems to vanish, but he is simply displaced.

The Doctor smiles to the group. "Right then! First stop: New York City, circa 1940. From what I understand, there might be something there for us to get. Jon left me a list of places to go. Now close the darn door!"

Martha runs past Sam to close the door. The Doctor starts running around the console wildly and an odd wheezing sound can be heard.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-02, 04:16 PM
Sydney, still dazed, clutches her purse and runs over to look at the console the Doctor is circling. What are you doing? And why are we going back to 1940; I'm not entirely unfamiliar with time travel, but isn't it supposed to be far more regulated than this?

Sydney's department has dabbled in time travel and come into contact with other organizations and perhaps alien species working on perfecting it, but she's not going to detail this. After all, her job did include a contract of silence, I'd assume.

Glawackus
2007-10-02, 04:53 PM
"Your phone booth is a time machine?" Sam asks. "Torchwood's dabbled with things like this before, of course, we have the Ri..." Sam stops, looking at the central part of the TARDIS, lips still moving. "This is just like the manipulator system they've got set up at the Hub...but yours is tapping into everything? Not just the Rift? How?!" He pauses again, frowning. "And why does it sound like it's got asthma?"

alchemyprime
2007-10-02, 08:27 PM
"Right. Long answer, this is a Time Machine created by a very powerful race of which there is only two left. Possibly. There may be more. This model's a bit old and broken in a few places, but still fun to use. Main reason we were in Cardiff was to recharge by using the Rift, but beyond that it can gain temporal energy from the surroundling area due to a large ammount of Huon Particles, hooked into a miniature black, which empties out and comes from a rip in space-time. Very wibbly wobbly. As for the noise... eh, it's always done that. For well over 900 years, actually. All models from about 30 to 80 made that noise. This is a model 40."

"Oh, and Jack's been copying."

The wheezing stops, and the Doctor goes over to open the door.

"Right, 1940, New York City. Beautiful day out, eh?"
The Doctor walks outside. "Oh, and Sidney? Regulation involves fiber: time travel does not." The Doctor walks off, and wonders why he just said that.

A line of people are waiting outside a toy store. They all seem very interested in what this store has.

"I wonder what that's all about?" Martha asks Sydney.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-02, 08:54 PM
Wendy's used to encountering unusual things, but this is all happening a bit too fast for her. She hisses in a whisper to her companions as they crowd around the door. "Wait a minute! This thing groans a bit, and now we're in 1940, all of a sudden? And we're looking for what, exactly? A ring or some other alien artifact?" She straightens, asserting herself. "What are these items capable of? What dangers do we risk seeking them out?"

She looks at the Doctor and Martha, speaking quickly and forcefully but managing to just avoid an accusatory tone (she also watches carefully to be sure no one notices their conversation). "And perhaps you've been briefed on my abilities and skills, but I haven't a clue what you two do beyond operate this machine." She nods to Sydney and Sam. "Nor you, though I figure you're more in the same boat as I am. My superior--whom I still barely know--has put my life in all of your hands--and maybe, yours in mine. I will take that seriously, but I can't help if I don't know what I'm supposed to be able to offer to all this." She locks eyes with the Doctor, who exudes the most authority in the group. "I can tell you're antsy to get going, but this appears to be a team effort, so isn't it rather important to know what this team does--what's expected of us?"

alchemyprime
2007-10-02, 09:06 PM
The Doctor shakes his head. "Right. Sorry, I'm used to one, maybe two people travelling with me, tops. Um... Jonathan wrote something about a "Cog of Mechanicles" or something. He wrote that it was an Elan artifact used to enhance warriors... seems a little Cyberman-ish to me...
Right, well, I know that Jack has asigned you to me for a reason, Wendy, and the same for you Sam. I know that Sam here is pretty good with mucking about in war-technology, and that you, Miss Wendy, have been considered... ooh, that is not a polite way to put it, so let's just say you were lucky to miss Canary Wharf.
As for miss Sydney here, Jon's hired you on because you seem to have been folowing me through time, so to speak. I find it flattering."

Martha pipes in. "I find it a bit creepy."

Suddenly, Martha's cell phone rings. She answers it. "Hello? Yes. She's right here."

She hands the phone to Sydney.

The Doctor holds out the sonic screwdriver. "Right, if anyone has a cell phone, bring it forward. I need to give you a better form of roaming. Try pandimensional roaming, at no extra cost."

Glawackus
2007-10-02, 09:11 PM
"I was never one to worry about voiding warranties," Sam comments,digging into his bag and holding out the phone for the Doctor. "So what's the plan, here? Find this Cog? Do we know what it looks like?"

alchemyprime
2007-10-02, 09:21 PM
"Right, what it looks like... I would hope it's rather cog shaped, but beyond that I haven't a clue, sorry."

The Doctor alters Sam's phone, which the Doctor hands back. "Call this number." He hands Sam a piece of paper with the telephone number for Jonathan McCallister on it.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-02, 10:03 PM
Hello? Confused, Sydney takes the phone from Martha.

alchemyprime
2007-10-02, 10:32 PM
"Yes? Sydney?" Jonathan's voice says, coming through the phone. "Here's the bit. Remember, you work for me now. I have the money to do just about anything. Now, I need you to find the cog and get it back to me ASAP. A man you should be looking for to help you is named Zack. My grandfather left many note about his friend Zack and how he loved robots. He may be the way to go. Go to the following address."

Jonathan says the address to Sydney.

"Now hand me back to Martha, please."

The Neoclassic
2007-10-02, 10:54 PM
Yes, sir. Sydney returns the phone to Martha. She pulls a scrap of paper and bright blue pen out of her purse and jots down the information before she forgets. Addressing the whole group, Jonathan just called; he said we should look for a friend of his grandfather's named Zach. I have the address.

alchemyprime
2007-10-02, 10:57 PM
"Well that was nice of him!" The Doctor says, smiling.

Martha nods. "Yes, Jon. Sure. Uh-huh. Really? Okay."

"So, here's the bit. Do we see why those people are there, or do we visit this Zack fellow first? I want to see the store." The Doctor looks at the toy store, almost longingly.

"Well, I want to meet Zack first." Martha says.

They look to the remaining three, as if to ask who was right.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-02, 11:10 PM
Well, since I'm working for Jonathan, I'd have to say we should go see Zach. She shrugs, indicating that the decision is not up to her.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-03, 07:44 AM
When the Doctor mentions her being lucky to miss Canary Wharf, Wendy nods and smiles, saying quietly. "Ah, so I'm here to ask difficult questions, is it?"

She also offers her cell phone for the Doctor's modification.

After the phone calls, she looks at the crowd at the toy shop--and more pointedly looks for a nearby street name and/or house number. "Well, where is this Zach compared to where we are now? Since we're here, we can always peep in the window on our way to this fellow's house." She shrugs. "Or, we could split up, with the group staying here meeting the rest at Zach's later."

Glawackus
2007-10-03, 11:22 AM
"I suppose we should check in with this Zack person," Sam says. "Could be important to get information about the area, maybe some kind of disguise?" He thinks for a moment, glancing down at his bag.

"I suppose I should leave most of my kit here, unless you have some way of hooking up my GPS and laptop with your...screw...driver?" Sam trails off, wondering if this is all run-of-the-mill for Harkness and the girl here.

alchemyprime
2007-10-03, 01:26 PM
The Doctor hands back the phones and thinks for a moment. "Hand me the laptop and the PDA, Sam. I'll hook them into your cell phone. Your bill back home may not be the best, but it'll let you acess all the files on your laptop from the PDA, and use the PDA to acess the internet of 2008. Sound alright?"

Martha steps forward. "Look, this street is maybe five blocks away. If we just peek in the windows, we'll be fine, and then we go meet Zack, alright?"

The Doctor nods. "Miss Wendy, you seem to have won the vote. Let's go over to the people over there." As the Doctor goes over to the store, a young man holding a metal toy dog almost mows over the Doctor.

"Sorry, sir! I didn't see you!" The youth exclaims as he helps up the Doctor.

"What that dog, lad?"

"Oh, my new toy robot dog. It's called a Tin Friend. Mister Tinker's Toy Store makes them. Wanna see it?"

"Sure." The Doctor looks at it. "How's it run?"

"Oh, it broke. I was going to Mister Tinker's to have it fixed. Everyone gets toys from there now. It's made Mr. Macy really mad. My ma told me so, she's a perfume lady there at Macy's."

The Doctor looks over it. He pulls out the sonic screwdriver, opens it up, and fiddles with it. "That should do it. Can we see it work now?"

"Sure, Mister!"

"Doctor, actually," the Doctor says while the lad turns on the light up toy. The dog wheels over to the lad. It speaks.

"Hello, Boy. What shall we play today?"

The Doctor's eyes go wide. He pulls Martha, Wendy, Sydney and Sam bake over to the TARDIS. He waves goodbye to the child. "That technology should not exist for another three-thousand years. That dog was an older model of a robot I've met named K-9. That toy store is producing robots. More advanced robots than it even should be. If this Zack fellow knows robots, we should go see him. And then take him back to here. Unless anyone has an actual plan, because that was the top of head."

Glawackus
2007-10-03, 02:14 PM
"Thanks," Sam says. "Never know when you might need something off Wikipedia."

Sam listens to the Doctor's comments and nods. "That sounds like a plan, Doc."

The Neoclassic
2007-10-03, 02:42 PM
Then let's head to Zach's, shall we? Can we take this TARDIS there, or will we need to use conventional transportation? Sydney gestures to the address, allowing anyone who wants to see it to take it.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-03, 09:11 PM
As the others talk, Wendy closes her trench coat tightly, concealing her 21st century clothes underneath, and quickly re-ties her hair into a more proper looking bun. She's left her laptop bag and evidence kit in the TARDIS, but still carries her messenger bag, but slung towards her back so it isn't the first thing someone can look at.

"While you figure out whether you need a time machine to walk five streets over" -she winks to show an intent of good humor- "give me a second."

Wendy approaches the boy departing excitedly with the proto-K9 unit. "Excuse me, young man." She smiles disarmingly. "I'm in town looking for a gift for my nephew, you see, and that toy dog is amazing! You got it from Mr. Tinker, you say? Have you met him?" (Lets him answer)

"Do you think he'd give a threadbare-looking woman like me-" she pauses and pokes sheepishly at her worn trench- "A break on a wonderful thing like that?"

(OOC: I've got Diplomacy and Gather Information at +10 and Bluff at +9 (not including synergies and Conceal Motive); let me know if I need to make a roll)

Glawackus
2007-10-03, 09:28 PM
"Yeah," Sam says to no one in particular. He strides out onto the street, slinging his bag over his shoulder. He frowns at the dog, as if expecting it to jump up and bite him. "Aren't you just a little beauty," he murmurs.

alchemyprime
2007-10-03, 10:48 PM
The boy smiles. "I don't know, lady. Mr. Tinker's toys can run you almost 2 dollars!"

The kids seems to truly belive that is alot. The Doctor points to the signs. "Let's head to Zack's. Maybe he owns one."

The boy pulls a small tin man from his pocket. "Here lady. My old tin friend. I don't need him, now that I got Keith." The boy hands the doll to Wendy and walks off.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-04, 06:46 AM
Wendy sputters a very grateful thank-you to the boy and waves good-bye to him, then nods to Sam as they walk back towards the group and (presumably) begin trekking towards Zack's.

She hands the doll to Sam. "Maybe you or the Doctor can figure out if there's anything interesting about this little fellow. This is apparently an 'old model.'"

She looks at the group. "Well, whoever this 'Mr. Tinker' is, he's not giving these away. So the new technology is being used for monetary gain probably--which is actually a relief. If they were unusually inexpensive or free, I'd be more worried about something sinister being planted in the mechanism. Of course, that's still possible."

"We'll see what Zack has to say. If he's not especially helpful--hopefully not the case, of course--we can come back here; maybe investigate after the crowd disperses."

The Neoclassic
2007-10-04, 08:23 AM
I don't know. I think it's extremely suspicious they would be giving these toys away for 1940s currency; if they have such great technology, why do they want antique Earth money? Is anyone good with technology? I think we should take a much closer look at this toy.

So, Sydney is prepared to follow everyone to Zach's now, since that seems to be the consensus. I guess we're going, then?

DeathQuaker
2007-10-04, 09:13 AM
I don't know. I think it's extremely suspicious they would be giving these toys away for 1940s currency; if they have such great technology, why do they want antique Earth money? Is anyone good with technology? I think we should take a much closer look at this toy.

"Good point. I guess I was thinking someone local had found the technology and reverse engineered it to make a profit. That of course could not be the case.

As for technology, Sam showed an interest in the little 'bot, and we have our Doctor here with his magic wand. What do you two think?"

Glawackus
2007-10-04, 11:16 AM
"I can poke around," Sam says, rolling the little effigy around in his palm. "The Doctor probably can as well, although I imagine even his little gadget has limitations."

Sam takes out his multitool from his bag, different parts flipping open and closed like someone doing tricks with a cigarette lighter. "The Doctor has first refusal, of course."

alchemyprime
2007-10-04, 01:46 PM
The Doctor begins to think about it while they're walking along. "You take a gander at it first, Sam. If you see technology a bit... closer to home, then we may just be dealing with reverse engineering. If not, it may be someone gave this "Mr. Tinker" the schematics."

Martha stops in front of the door first. A tennament manager answers the door.
"What'dya want? A little far from the Bronx, ain't ya?" The man says, obviously toward Martha.

"We're looking for a man named Zack."

"Let me get him." The man goes inside and rings up a phone. "Zack? You got some guests. Three women and two men. Yeah. Okay." The man returns to the door. "Be glad Zack's a kind man. Go on up."

(Naturally assuming everyone goes up to Zack's flat)

A man opens the door to the flat. He seems like a normal twenty year old man with mutton chops, for some odd reason. He smiles at everyone. "So, are you here for a robot lecture, or for some coffee? I have both."

He's holding a notebook. On the page, in big print, it says "Robbie".

Spot check to see the smaller print

Zack goes in, as do the Doctor and Martha.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-04, 02:22 PM
Spot check: [roll0]

Alchemyprime, let us know if you want these made in another thread

Glawackus
2007-10-04, 02:31 PM
"Right," Sam says, clearing his throat. He flicks open a small screwdriver from his multitool and begins nudging at the robot's back.

Not really sure what sort of check this is. I think it's Knowledge (tech). [roll0]

Glawackus
2007-10-04, 02:36 PM
Sorry for putting this in the last post, I somehow missed the, you know, bold text. :smallsigh:

alchemyprime
2007-10-04, 04:35 PM
(Nah, that's fine.)

Wendy sees that on the page it says
1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

should there be a fourt-

Robbi-...-ute."

"Wow," says Zack, "How many people find calling me Isaac to be difficult amazes me. So, what can I do for you?"

(The tech: there are definitely a few microprosseors in this toy. ANd no vacuum tubes.)

Glawackus
2007-10-04, 04:59 PM
Asimov! *fanboy cry of joy*

"Hmm? What?" Sam asks, looking up from the innards of the toy just in time to miss the notebook.

He shrugs, leaning against the doorpost as the Doctor and Martha go in. A flick with the blade of his non-sonic screwdriver, and the metallic sheen of a microprocessor is visible.

"Well, look at you," Sam mutters, snapping the back of the toy shut and hurriedly following the Doctor in.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-04, 05:21 PM
Well, we were referred to you by a Mr. McCallister. I don't suppose you know him? Anyway, he recommmended we come see you because we had a few questions about robots. How long have they been around? We're rather new to this area and quite curious about them. In particular, there was a toy store called Mr. Tinker's that caught our eye, selling toys that resembled puppies.

Diplomacy
[roll0] + 8
(If needed)

alchemyprime
2007-10-04, 09:08 PM
"Moe. Moe Johannson, also known as 'Mr. Tinkers'. Bastard cousin of one of us four. My friend, Alphonse Abrum. His family is... odd, to say the least."

Isaac looked at the sonic screwdriver. He then looks to the Doctor. "Oh. You're like The Mechanic. Nice fellow. It was me, The Mechanic, Ivan McCallister and Alphone. We called ourselves the visionaries. The Mechanic told us that by the result of the actions of myself, Ivan and Alphonse, the entire world would change. And so, I began again to think of the robots, like when I was a boy. I recently published a story called "Robbie." I was looking over my notes from it for my next project."

"Then Moe came in. He is producing things that even the Mechanic couldn't. But, alas, after we landed in 1943, Ivan went off to Germany, Alphonse to the Pacfic and the Mechanic was sent off to fight in a war back on Gallifrey. That was the last I saw of them. Ivan and Alphonse stayed in 1943, and I opted to go back to 1940, to cover for them, saying they have been in Panama, doing maintanance on the canal. So, is the Time War against those blasted Daleks over? You're a Time Lord, so you must have won!"

The Doctor looked down. "The Time Lords and the Daleks lost. A few Daleks escpaed into the 51st century. I stopped those. But there are only two Time Lords left. Myself and the Master."

Isaac looked to his feet. "I see. Well, I know that Moe is up to something! So I'm here to help! I doubt that my rules are in place in his robots. So I will help you, um..."

"The Doctor. These four are Martha, Sam, Sydney and Wendy. With you, we have six for now."

"Alright. Let us go then. Unless anyone wants to have some coffee first? Maybe some tea, or a biscuit?"

DeathQuaker
2007-10-05, 07:16 AM
Wendy's eyebrow's twitch as she takes in the words on the notebook and the name "Isaac." She says, nothing, however.

She takes in what the Doctor says about the Time War and the Daleks, looking an odd mix of puzzled and sympathetic, but knows now is not the time to discuss it. She looks queryingly at Martha to see how she reacts to the Doctor's story, in order to glean if Martha has heard it before.

Sense motive: [roll0]

When Isaac offers refreshment, Wendy smiles. "Honestly, I'm dying for a cuppa, but I imagine we haven't much time."

OOC: FYI - this'll be my last post for a few days. Have a good weekend.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-05, 08:00 AM
I'm ready to go if everyone else is. While she does rather want a cup of tea, Sydney has no intention of holding everyone else up. Do you have any idea what might be Moe's motivation for selling these robots?

Glawackus
2007-10-05, 11:34 AM
Sam would kill for a cup of coffee, but dismisses it out of hand--what's the point if it's not going to be black-as-sin, overcaffeinated dishwater the way he likes it?
"Probably just trying to make a living," Sam says, dropping the little robot and his multitool into a pocket surrepititously. He shakes Zack's hand. "Nice meeting you, sir."

Man, I just met Isaac Asimov and I don't even know it! :smallsigh:

alchemyprime
2007-10-05, 01:23 PM
(Hehehe... Sam doesn't know who Zack is!)

Martha has obviously heard this story before, but she still seems saddened by it.

Isaac looks down. "Well then. The coffee's already brewed, but since we should go there... but Moe will recognize me. Hm... quite a predicament. Are there others you could contact?"

The Doctor thinks, as does Martha. Martha gets the idea first. "Hey, I have it! Sam, call Jack, and I'll call Jon. Maybe they can pull up some information on Moe Johannson!"

Martha begins to dial Jon's number. "Jon? It's Martha. Yeah, what do you know about a Moe Johannson, circa 1940? Uh-huh. Yes... a what? A what? But aren't you one of them? No, I don't know the difference! Well, what can he do? Well that's helpful! Great, thanks alot Jon!"

Martha hangs up. "Sam, if you can, access the Torchwood database. I need you to look up-" she's cut off by Isaac.

"Molan. Moe is a Molan. Look that up for us, please."

(If Sam has research, now's the time to use it with your PDA. If not, figure out who in Torchwood would know about Molans.)

Glawackus
2007-10-05, 01:40 PM
"Good thing I'm still on the grid," Sam says, taking out his PDA but holding it under his coat so as to not attract attention. He smiles for a moment at the absurdity of everything. "It'll be interesting to see how the Tor...the computer handles a login from 1940, though."
"Molan...emm..oh..ell..ay..enn..." he says under his breath, fingers flying over the little keys.

Research: [roll0]

alchemyprime
2007-10-05, 01:59 PM
From the Torchwood Database:
Molans
Human-Elan Hybrids
Unlike Elans, with a full hyper-evolution (Devolution?-Owen), Molans have a scrambled genetic code. Rejuvinations act improperly. Once hitting puberty (gaining first rejuvination for Elans), Molans have their DNA scrambled, causing unforseen genetic mutations. Some become like Elans, rejuvinating faster or slower (Elans rejuvinate every 60 years). Some become like humans, never rejuvinatiing again.
An unlucky 37% become something else. Mutations vary.
Experinced mutations:
Ability to shoot sodium hydroxide from saliva glands
four extra sets of arms, each one different from the human arms. (Creepy- Ianto)
Wings
Ability to freeze liquids with a touch
Venomous bite
Phermomones (I ran into this one. Not fun. - Jack)

For Elan-Alien hybrids, see Sub-Molan.

Glawackus
2007-10-05, 02:24 PM
"They're an offshoot of the Elan...Jonathan's people, and us," Sam says, raising his eyebrows at the Hub team's comments. "Some of them are like Elan, some of them are like humans, and some of them are...something else entirely. Mix and match genetics. I've got the whole file here."

The Neoclassic
2007-10-05, 02:30 PM
"So, is Moe more human or more Elan? And what difference does it make exactly? Are Elan dangerous?"

alchemyprime
2007-10-05, 04:23 PM
"Alphonse was Elan. Not to dangerous. They regenerate about every 60 years or so, much like when the Mechanic would when he was about to die. They could live forever, barring violence. Psychically powerful. Elans can mate or rearrange genetic code to make more Elans. But Moe is... the Problemed. That small margin of Molan with odd bits left in." Isaac sighed. "I am sorry to drag you into this."

Glawackus
2007-10-06, 05:22 AM
"Yeah. Don't worry about it. This is how I earn the big bucks. Or quid, or whatever they call 'em."

alchemyprime
2007-10-07, 11:01 AM
(temp hiatus. Until more than me and HRG post.)

The Neoclassic
2007-10-07, 03:39 PM
"I'm sorry to be so naive in comparison with you all, but what exactly do you mean by 'the Problemed'? What sort of "odd bits" have been left in, and does that mean that Moe may be dangerous even if most Elans aren't?"

Glawackus
2007-10-07, 05:17 PM
"Mutations in the genetic code," Sam says, leaning over with his PDA. "Extra limbs...acidic saliva...wings...Jack says he found one with some kind of pheronome control, which doesn't really surprise me at all." Sam arches an eyebrow. "There's nothing here about them being necessarily dangerous, but that doesn't mean they're not." He looks expectantly at Zack.

Back. Turns out that trip was a lot shorter than I thought it'd be. :smalltongue:

The Neoclassic
2007-10-07, 05:19 PM
"If he has wings and extra limbs, wouldn't people notice? I know some alien cloaking technology is fairly advanced, but I only know of its applications for small-scale operations or ships, not actually turning a part of one person (or alien, I suppose) invisible to the senses."

Glawackus
2007-10-07, 05:22 PM
"I think it's more of a mix and match type of deal--not all of them have obvious mutations. The Doctor here, for example, looks perfectly normal, unless he's got an extra foot or hand or something."

The Neoclassic
2007-10-07, 05:26 PM
Surprised, Sydney looks at the Doctor, as though expecting him to suddenly sprout another head or such. She catches herself and blushes, realizing how silly her reaction must seem to the others.

"Oh, OK. Thanks for the information, and I am sorry I'm not so up to date on all this. I had no idea this job would be so far from my usual line of work." She attempts a weak smile.

alchemyprime
2007-10-07, 08:10 PM
"It's alright, we don't blame you. And my extra hand is in a jar, thank you." The Doctor stands up. "So, how is Moe problemed?"
Isaac sighs. "He absorbs metal. Useful against the Cybermen from Earth's twin. But he went mad. We were forced to abandon Moe in 1932 in Belgium. He came back from Britain 2 months ago. Opened shop. Egged my windows once. We need a sample of his technology so the Doctor or another can analize it, reprogram it."

The Doctor looks to Sam. "You can modify that Tin Friend, right?"

DeathQuaker
2007-10-08, 06:59 AM
Wendy's been listening intently, trying not to smell the coffee in the other room. Which is not tea, but still inviting.

"Absorb metal? What do you mean, 'absorb'? Does he consume it, as sustenance? Through his mouth, or his flesh? Is it any metallic element, or just certain ones? Is it pure metal or alloys? What would happen if he 'absorbed' an impure alloy?"

Wendy tries to think of anything she's heard about regarding similar abilities, or what that might indicate about the person's physiology (also taking into account any useful information she receives in Isaac's response).

Knowledge: Earth and Life Sciences: [roll0]

Glawackus
2007-10-08, 09:29 AM
"It's alright, we don't blame you. And my extra hand is in a jar, thank you." The Doctor stands up. "So, how is Moe problemed?"
Isaac sighs. "He absorbs metal. Useful against the Cybermen from Earth's twin. But he went mad. We were forced to abandon Moe in 1932 in Belgium. He came back from Britain 2 months ago. Opened shop. Egged my windows once. We need a sample of his technology so the Doctor or another can analize it, reprogram it."

The Doctor looks to Sam. "You can modify that Tin Friend, right?"

"I was always wondering why the Captain kept that thing around," Sam says, digging in his pocket for the multitool. "Sure I can. Is there anything special I should try and do with it?"

Not going to make any checks because Sam's not sure what he's going to do yet.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-08, 11:42 AM
"When you say you need a sample of Moe's technology, could you be more specific? I mean, do you just want the latest model of toy dog he's been selling, or do you need the parts he manufactures them with or an actual part of him? And, as Wendy said, what do you mean by absorb per say?"

alchemyprime
2007-10-08, 01:14 PM
Isaac hands Sam a notebook, filled with notes and scribbles. "My notes. If you can make his Tin Friends follow my laws, perhaps we can also cause one to edit the others to do the same. Some of my theories are written in that book."

Isaac looks to the inquisitive women. "He can touch any metallic alloy and absorb it into his body. It just sort of dissappears, though I once saw him pull a knife out of his hand. If I am correct, with the eight years he has had to practice, he can absorb metallic objects and then bring them back. What troubles me is this: he has absorbed entire suits of Cyberman armor. I do not know what that can enable him to do."

The he looks at Martha. "Am I to assume that you understand everything that has been going on?"

"I'm just interested in these Molans. Their existance can explain so many abnormalities in the human race."

"It goes further than that Martha. This Molan, Moe, has absorbed entire Cybermen. Imagine what that could mean."

The sun has begun to set, and multiple people have begun to walk away from the store. The calander reads February 11th, 1940. "February 11th. The day we find out about these Tin Friends." The Doctor stands up. "Is anyone against a little infiltration?"

Glawackus
2007-10-08, 01:22 PM
"I'll see what I can do. Shouldn't be too hard to write in some new software instructions, although I'll be inventing copy/paste about 30 years before it's supposed to come around." Sam flicks through the book once, not really taking in the content.

He looks up at the Doctor's question. "My tradecraft might be a little rusty, but I think I can handle it."

alchemyprime
2007-10-08, 01:46 PM
"Don't worry about it." The Doctor whispers into Sam's ear. "Roughly 2 years ago, I was fifteen years in the future and invented betamax tapes thirty years early. I've been there too."

(Craft: MEchanical check to modify the Tin Friend.)

Glawackus
2007-10-08, 01:51 PM
"Well, that explains a lot." Sam mutters back with a smile. The multitool found, he opens the little toy again and leans against the wall, brow furrowing in concentration.

Craft (Mechanical): [roll0]

DeathQuaker
2007-10-08, 02:56 PM
"What I understand from investigating Canary Wharf as well as earlier Cyberman invasions, they are actually cyborgs; there needs to be an organic brain to operate them. So he can chuck discarded bits of the technology at us, he can't just throw a fully operational creature at us. Or can he? Or can he interface with the exoskeletons or other metal technology?"

Wendy shakes her head. She begins talking more quickly and excitedly as she tries to figure out what is going on.

"And where does the metal go, anyway? I'm not a scientist by any means... but even I'm aware of 'laws of conservation of energy' and stuff like that. And I realize we're operating on a level of science I can't begin to understand, but if he's adding the metal to his own mass that's got to have some effect on him or the environment around him. Or is he... I don't know, somehow like the Doctor's machine being bigger inside than out...is he sort of sending the material to another dimension only he can access?"

"And since we're standing here talking, yes, I would love a cup of coffee."

She smiles at the Doctor. "Unless of course you want to leave more questions unanswered and go straight to the 'infiltration'. Do you have a plan? I'm a detective by training, not a spy or saboteur. You want me to talk, gather evidence, or research, I'm your girl. You want me to sneak in somewhere undetected... or alter robots or explain science beyond Biology A-level, then you'd best send me somewhere else where I can be useful." Wendy nods to Sidney sympathetically, having noted her own reservations about her area of expertise in this case.

Glawackus
2007-10-08, 09:37 PM
I assume I passed the Craft roll.

Sam is a little stunned by the barrage of questions. "The Tin Friend's done," he says, holding the figurine up in the air when he can get a word in edgewise, feeling awkward for breaking the silence.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-08, 09:39 PM
Sydney watches the Tin Friend intently, content to let Wendy talk without interruption.

Glawackus
2007-10-09, 05:14 PM
"I'm starting to worry about time here," Sam says, still no one talking. "Considering how easily we can get around, who's to say that Moe can't? I think we'd better get that coffee to go."

DeathQuaker
2007-10-09, 06:13 PM
"I'm starting to worry about time here," Sam says, still no one talking. "Considering how easily we can get around, who's to say that Moe can't? I think we'd better get that coffee to go."

Wendy's calm demeanor melts from excited curiosity into mild irritation."And how are we to handle Moe if we don't know what he's capable of? All I'm asking for is a plan. Is that so difficult?" She crosses her arms and looks firmly at Isaac, the Doctor, and Martha. "They seem to know everything and I don't know about you but I haven't a clue. I'm beginning to wonder why they brought us along in the first place--but I'm not about to possibly fight something I hardly understand."

The Neoclassic
2007-10-09, 07:07 PM
"Do you have any suggestions for a plan, then? I'm afraid that from what they've been saying, we can't know exactly what we're going to be dealing with until we actually meet Moe himself. I agree that planning is vital, but we may have to settle for an outline or some structure to start from and be creative after that."

alchemyprime
2007-10-09, 08:17 PM
"Ooh, I like how you think Sydney!" The Doctor says, springing to his feet. "Not to worry about Moe pulling off anything like that. There are only three machines like the TARDIS in the Universe left: The TARDIS, which I have, Compassion, who is sadly kidnapped by the Master and I have no idea where to find her, and the MEDPAP, owned by Jonathan. Now..." The Doctor thinks for a moment. Isaac leaves the room for the kitchen. "We have a reprogrammed Tin Friend, a negotiator, a techno-whiz, an office worker, a medical student and a science fiction writer, and myself." Isaac comes back with coffee for everyone on a tray, with a small bowl of sugar and a small pitcher of cream. The Doctor makes some very sweet and light coffee for himself.
Martha thinks for a moment. "Well, I have nothing."
Isaac nods. "Well, I know that at night, Moe leaves his shop for his apartment, eight blocks from here. He leaves a partner in charge. I guarentee you, the partner is not a Molan. The Mechanic gave me this so I'd be sure." Isaac pulls out a small watch. On it's face is a blue circle. "The circle lightens and expands as you get closer to a Molan. The big circle means one is within ten feet. Not perfect, but considering it used to be a dead pocketwatch and the optical receptor of a Dalek's armor, not bad." Isaac looks to Wendy and hands her the Molan Finder. "I do not think I'll need it. I have another made from a compass and some old parts of the Mechanic's TARDIS. I guess that doesn't exist anymore, though..."

The Doctor claps his hands. "I have our outline! Simple. Wendy, you can simply talk to the intern partner type person. Create a distraction. Sam and I sneak in, grab a Tin Dog and sneak out. Martha and Sydney, you keep a lookout. Or, all else fails, we wait until he sleeps." The Doctor pulls out the Sonic Screwdriver. "As long as we aren't dealing with a deadlock seal, I can open it. Any one have a better idea? I like better ideas."

Glawackus
2007-10-09, 09:01 PM
"That sounds alright, although I think we should be cautious as we go. If he's churning out the Tin Dogs and Tin Friends as toys, there's no telling what he's keeping as a security system."

DeathQuaker
2007-10-09, 09:55 PM
Wendy relaxes as the conversation unfolds (and moreover when the coffee appears). When it is offered, she takes the device from Isaac and makes sure she can operate it properly.

"Right. This is a good start at least. Sorry if I'm a little tetchy; this has all happened a bit fast."

She looks at the rest of the team. "Is there a way I can signal you if anything goes wrong with the 'distraction?' Perhaps something with our cell phones? If nothing else, leave it on speaker in my pocket so someone might hear me if something goes wrong?"

"Also, a final question if you'll indulge--anything you know about his partner? Male/female? Etc. It'll help me think up a cover story while we travel back over there."

When Sam asks about caution with security, she mentions, "Sam, could you modify a taser to do anything to the robots? I imagine they don't do well electrocuted. Trick is getting close enough to them to use it."

The Neoclassic
2007-10-09, 10:14 PM
"Well, for the cell phones, we could put everyone's number on an autodial. Set all of them to gently vibrate when someone calls. No one else should notice it but us. Also, is Wendy armed if something goes wrong? I have... not much."

Sydney thinks of her pepper spray and stun baton. She could research, calm others, do first aid... Direct fighting was not her strength.

Glawackus
2007-10-10, 05:12 AM
"That's a good idea," Sam says. "I did a few experiments with that sort of electrical weapon on some old Cyberman gear." Sam shrugs. "In any case, I can try to work with the taser."

I'm guessing this is just a Craft (mechanical) check

DeathQuaker
2007-10-10, 06:24 AM
Wendy nods to Sydney. "I've a Taser, a pistol, and an extendable baton. If you or Martha need to borrow something, I'm happy to lend it--though I'm not going to lend you the gun unless you're trained for using one.

She asks Sam, "Do you need my Taser to modify or do you have your own?

The Neoclassic
2007-10-10, 07:18 AM
"I think I'd best stick with what I have; as a secretary, I really haven't gotten much weapons training. I appreciate the offer."

Glawackus
2007-10-10, 11:19 AM
"I've got one of my own, and I can mess around with yours as well." Sam gingerly opens the back of his taser, afraid of it going off in his hand, and begins tinkering.

[spoiler]Craft(mechanical): [roll0]

alchemyprime
2007-10-11, 01:20 PM
(Check passes. Taser now can do 1d8 of electricty damage versus Constructs from the 18th century onward. SInce we're in the 20th fighting tech from the 49th... seems reasonable. Stuns them for 1d4 rounds too.)

The Doctor nods. "I don't normally use weapons, but I'm glad the rest of you do. I'm sorry. I knew whoever Jack brought in would be able to fight, but Jonathan's judgement has never been the best."

Isaac looks at them all. "So... I say we strike in two hours. As for the partner, he has a deep voice. I'm rather certain he's a he, not a she. Bu he voice... it was like a chainsaw and a pig squealing alongside a baritone singer. Odd voice. Nothing like a Cyberman's or a Dalek's or a SLitheen or any of those. Just... odd."

The Doctor nods while he's listening. Martha whispers something in Isaac's ear. He nods and points her down a hallway. She runs off with her sling pack.

The Doctor looks to Sam. "So, if you could, modify the other taser. Wendy, give me the gun. I think I can tinker around and allow it to add an electric charge to bullets. Sydney... say, can you use one of these?" The Doctor pulls out what looks like a neon green swiss army knife. "One of Jonathan's Products. He calls it a Grand Knife. It acts as a knife, a fire extinguisher... has a few other gadgets in it too. Oh, and keep in mind: violence is a last resort. But don't give any second chances to Moe or his assisstant. One warning. That's it. Got it? So, we have two hours to burn until we go... anyone have anything to do?"

DeathQuaker
2007-10-11, 01:55 PM
"I agree with the violence as a last resort. Torchwood gave me some combat training, but I'm not a fighter by nature."

She gives her taser to Sam to modify and asks the Doctor, "If I keep the modified taser, that should hopefully be enough to deal with any hostile constructs. I'm... uncomfortable about modifying the PPK. Is there something you can do directly to the ammunition?"

After the equipment is sorted, she asks, "If we have two hours, then first, I'd love a cup of tea. Second, if anyone has any information I can review on the Molan... or the Elan... I'd find that helpful. Third, perhaps Isaac can help us find some clothing more accurate to the time period."

Glawackus
2007-10-11, 02:19 PM
Sam drops his taser into his jacket and unscrews the back of Wendy's, humming a little tune to himself as he goes.

Craft (mechanical): [roll0]. And it's "Love's Been Good to Me", by Frank Sinatra, because I'm trying to blend in. :smalltongue:

"There. That should do it," Sam says, after a moment, giving the modified taser back to Wendy. "I've got my sidearm from the Institute, if you want to try your electrical shock thing, Doc." He looks off into space for a moment and sighs. "One warning? Right, then. You're nice. I don't think Torchwood understands any warnings other than the big ones we have to put on all our..souvenirs."

Sam points to Wendy. "That's a good point. I'm pretty sure that, cool and comfortable as leather is, it's not exactly what your average Joe is wearing these days--unless he's driving a U-Boat."

The Neoclassic
2007-10-11, 04:05 PM
While she looks a little hurt by the Doctor's suggestion that she was not the best pick, Sydney merely says, "I should be able to use that Grand Knife, as long as you tell me how to use, or at least avoid accidentally triggering, its different abilities."

DeathQuaker
2007-10-11, 10:11 PM
Wendy speaks softly in Sydney's ear, "Don't worry, dear. I doubt Mr. McAllister would have asked you to do this if he didn't consider you capable."

alchemyprime
2007-10-12, 12:39 AM
The Doctor shakes his head. "I can't modify the ammunition. Not enough time. Jon could do it, but he's crazy and an Elan. I'm neither. Well, at least not an Elan." The Doctor shows Wendy how to use the laser pointer, fire extinguisher and knife functions. He also fixes Sam's gun.
(Deals an extra 1d6 points of electricty damage on a hit, 1d10 on a crit, and stuns constructs for 1 round.)

Isaac grabs some tea. Martha runs out the door and returns twenty minutes later with four suits in bags.
"The TARDIS has a wardrobe. I went and got some clothes for you all."

"Right then. Let's hope luck will be a lady tonight." The Doctor says, handing back the gun to Sam. "We ready?"

DeathQuaker
2007-10-12, 06:37 AM
The Doctor shows Wendy how to use the laser pointer, fire extinguisher and knife functions.

OOC:

I assume you mean "shows Sydney."

Also, did anyone respond to Wendy's request for reading material on the Elan/Molan?

The Neoclassic
2007-10-12, 09:50 AM
Sydney thanks Martha and accepts the clothing (assuming it's appropriate for the time period they're in).

"Where should I go to put these on? Or should I just wear it over my other clothing?"

Glawackus
2007-10-12, 11:23 AM
"Oh, right," Sam says, calling up the Molan article on his PDA and passing it to Wendy.

Sam takes one of the bags from Martha. "Do you always carry clothes for everyone in that thing?" he asks, realizing he's somewhat ignored her in all of the tech talk.

alchemyprime
2007-10-12, 03:26 PM
" The TARDIS has a large wardrobe" Martha explains. The Tin Friend pulls on Wendy's pant leg. It acts like a toddler wanting up.

The Doctor looks at this. " A baby robot ?"
Isaac looks to the clock. "10:00 pm. Time for our mission, so to speak."
The Doctor is still intent on the Friend.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-12, 03:33 PM
Sydney can't help but smile at the Tin Friend. Pulling the era-appropriate clothing on over her own, she asks "Baby robot? It looks cute, but robots don't actually reproduce, or do they in the future?"

She sighs. "You make me feel so old-fashioned yet so young and naive."

alchemyprime
2007-10-12, 03:38 PM
"I meant it thinks it's a baby. Almost like... it's brain is clean... the technology is far advanced... with the rules they are harmless, but what about without?"
Martha pulls on the Doctor's shirt. "Come on. We need to get in the shop."

Isaac nods and sighs. "I am sorry that I cannot go. But all of you are essentially faceless. I'm known around here."

Martha nods. The Tin Friend still acts like it wants up. A clicking sound comes from it's mouth. Almost like a tape-deck at it's end still playing. It pulls on Wendy's pants again.

Glawackus
2007-10-12, 04:19 PM
"Um. Uh." Sam says, clearly feeling somewhat awkward. "I don't know what would cause that. I could try to fix it, but I don't know if it'd even make a difference...maybe best to leave it as it is...?" Sam, never having had kids, is totally unsure of what to do beyond this point.

alchemyprime
2007-10-12, 04:20 PM
"Not your fault Sam. Just a funny bit."

The Neoclassic
2007-10-12, 04:46 PM
"Could I hold it?" Sydney asks. "Then it won't be bothering anyone else and I might be able to use it to help with the distraction."

Glawackus
2007-10-12, 09:14 PM
"That sounds like a plan," Sam says, reaching down to pick up the little robot, more than a little uneasy. (He's tinkered with plenty of weird things before, but nothing that wanted to be picked up and coddled :smalleek: )

alchemyprime
2007-10-12, 10:04 PM
The robot clicks three time while Sam is picking it up. A buzz comes from it's mouth.
"A robot coo... interesting..." Isaac says. "This is the opposite of what I wrote in Robbie... hm..."

The Doctor nods, and Martha smiles. "This will be interesting." The robot know looks to Sydney and moves it's arms in almost a come here motion, but blockier.

"Well... now it wants you, Sydney. I think he needs a name. Any suggestions?" The Doctor says.
"Little Jack." Martha suggests.
"Q-T-1" Isaac suggests.
"I say Sydney should name it." The Doctor says.

Glawackus
2007-10-12, 10:07 PM
"Yeah," Sam says, raising an eyebrow. "Let Sydney name it. God knows what'll happen if we name it Little Jack. Probably progress right from cuddles to leg h...never mind." Sam looks out a window, clearly trying to stop himself from laughing.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-13, 08:55 AM
"How about just 'Q'?" Sydney picks up the robot carefully and cradles it in her arms. "Oh, and as much as I'd rather not think about the possibility, if anything goes wrong with Q, if he starts getting aggressive or something, what's the fastest way to shut him down?"

alchemyprime
2007-10-13, 03:40 PM
"Well, either remove his batteries or use a large hammer." The Doctor says. Martha glares at him. "What? Those are two quick ways to stop a miniature robot!"

"Don't worry. Q's been reprogrammed to never harm a human being. Of course, then I'm the only one in trouble, now aren't I?" The Doctor asks jokingly.

Martha looks at Q. "Well, Q, are you happy with Miss Sydney there?"

The robot makes a sound like a small engine revving and throw's its arms up in the air, as if excited.

The Doctor looks around. "Well, thank you for your hospitality Isaac, but I need to go to a toy store. I have a feeling I need to start acting childish again."

Glawackus
2007-10-13, 03:55 PM
"It's been fun," Sam says, nodding at Zack. "In case you don't see us after we get out of the toy store, good luck with the robots and stuff."

alchemyprime
2007-10-13, 03:56 PM
(Dude, I made 2 hours go by in a post. I was under the assumption that, in 2 hours, Sam would have changed clothes.)

Glawackus
2007-10-13, 05:56 PM
Sorry. Edited my previous post--I missed the 2 hour jump.

"Well, then, shall we? I'd like to get this show on the road. Don't want to be too pushy, but it's been a while since I've had anything like this to do."

The Neoclassic
2007-10-13, 06:00 PM
"I'm ready to go."

DeathQuaker
2007-10-14, 07:56 AM
Wendy looks up from her reading (assuming she's also changed. What's she wearing? And can she still either wear her trench coat with it or otherwise conceal her conceal-carry holster under it). "Mmm? Oh, yes. Let's go.

alchemyprime
2007-10-14, 10:34 AM
(Sure, knock yer self out. Trenchcoats have been in since 1920.)

AN odd sight for 10:20 at night, but not in New York City. Five people walking down a street to the back entrance of the one closed shop on the block. But no one seemed to notice.

The Doctor looks about. "Wendy and Sydney, stay here if anyone shows up. Keep Q with you. Sam, Martha and I will sneak in. Cell phones on vibrate. If you get a call, something's gone wrong. Okay?"

The Doctor pulls out the Sonic Screwdriver and uses it to open the door. He and Martha slip in.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-14, 11:08 AM
Taking her assigned position and stroking Q's robotic head, Sydney turns to Wendy. "If we're going to be waiting, we'd best make small talk to pass the time. You know much about this time period?"

DeathQuaker
2007-10-14, 12:34 PM
Taking her assigned position and stroking Q's robotic head, Sydney turns to Wendy. "If we're going to be waiting, we'd best make small talk to pass the time. You know much about this time period?"

"Not much more than anyone would learn in school. It's the early part of World War II... but I don't think the Americans have jumped in yet. Good thing we're in America, I guess. Britain will be undergoing the blitzkrieg soon, if it hasn't started already. I'm not sure what would be important things going on in New York at the time. I think America's rebuilt itself after the Depression... and... erm, The Wizard of Oz came out last year. Wendy smiles sheepishly. "What about you? You a history buff?

The Neoclassic
2007-10-14, 02:13 PM
"Not in particular. I'm a fairly avid reader, though, so I know a bit about a number of subjects, history included."

Glawackus
2007-10-14, 06:02 PM
Sam looks back and forth down the street and, seeing that there doesn't seem to be anyone watching, follows the Doctor and Martha inside, fingering the controls of the taser in his pocket.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-15, 07:01 AM
"Not in particular. I'm a fairly avid reader, though, so I know a bit about a number of subjects, history included."

"That's good. This kind of mission I imagine needs a good jack-of-all-trades. Any insights on where we are? Any importance to it? Besides young 'Isaac' preparing his novels.

(After Sydney's response)

She looks around. "You know, wasn't I supposed to go in and create a distraction through the front door? I wonder why he changed his mind." She smiles mischievously. "Maybe I should do, anyway."

The Neoclassic
2007-10-15, 07:14 AM
"Well, it's interesting that the boy we recieved Q from mentioned Macy's. The original Macy's is here in New York, at the intersection of 34th and Broadway. I believe it was around this time period that they started to open up stores in other large American cities. Do you think this competition from "Mr. Tinker" will affect Macy's history at all? Toys were an important departnment for them at some points in history, though I'm not sure exactly when. I'm afraid nothing else has struck me as particularly interesting or important yet."

"And, yes, it does seem quite odd he changed his mind, though the Doctor does seem to be a bit fickle."

DeathQuaker
2007-10-15, 12:23 PM
"Macy's? Hmm... could have a subtle effect on the local economy, I guess." Wendy chuckles. "I wonder how close we are to 34th Street."

"And yes, the Doctor is... well, I don't know if I'd use 'fickle' but... perhaps distracted. I can tell he's got those wheels in his mind running non-stop... too bad he doesn't think to clue in we inferior beings on what's going on. It makes it difficult not to be resentful."

"*sigh* I'm loyal to Torchwood because I made an oath when I took employment with them, and I don't like reneging on promises ... but now Torchwood isn't what it was. Honestly, I'm hoping it's changed for the better. But I haven't had a chance to find out, yet. I was nearly forgotten about after the Canary Wharf incident, until Jack called me, but I don't know him well--and he's such a smooth talker, it's hard to ever know what he's sincere about. And as soon as I start to know him, he pushes me off on this Doctor fellow, who immediately ships me off to 1940 along with four other people I've never met. And I'm just supposed to accept it all..." Wendy shakes her head. "Maybe your Mr. McAllister briefed you better. Do you trust this man, this 'Doctor'? How do we know we're not retrieving these artifacts so he can put them to some nefarious purpose?

alchemyprime
2007-10-15, 08:45 PM
Q begins to squirm around. As he squirms, he pulls out a small peice of paper. He does his fast wheel squeal when he finds his new toy. He holds it up to Sydney so she can see it. He looks like he is waiting for her to say she's done. (He may be a baby robot, but he was designed as a toy, after all.)

The paper reads:
"Sydney-
I knew you wouldn't be around long enough for me to debrief you. I also knew you wouldn't notice me slipping this into your jacket when I first met you in my office. So here it goes-
As you probably know by now, the Doctor is an alien, Jack's a pervert and I'm a geneticlly altered being. And dyslxic. A bit.
Listen to me: The Doctor saved you all from death more times than you can ever know. So has Torchwood. My company... maybe seven times. We're new. But, none the less-
WE MUST GET THE TRHEE ARTEFACTS! If we doon't, bad things happen! We don't know what, but Saxon's behind it, and he almost killed off 1/10th of the human population. That's over 300 million people. Got that? The Doctor has never killed. Well... not humans. A few Cybermen and a whole bunch of Daleks. But they hate people anyway.
If you ever have a question, call me! I'll pick up, I swear! Super genius entreprenuer and your secret boss for three years. Publiv for two months. I know waht I'm doign.
Even if not whta I'm spleeing.
-Jonathan McCallister (With 2 C's, thank you!)"

*** Inside ***
The Doctor, and Martha sidle against a wall. "Sam?" Martha asks to adress him. "Go on with the Doctor. I... wait... wasn't the plan different originally?"
The Doctor's eyes go wide. "Oh, blast. I knew I forgot something. Oh well, I'm sure Wendy and Sydney can think on their toes. Jon's a thinker who respects thinkers. So, he obviously sent us a thinker. I'm sure they'll be fine. Besides, the TARDIS is across the street... well, Martha, stay close enough to the door so that if you signal them, you aren't far behind to open it for them. Sam, stick with me."

Martha slid into a niche in the wall and the Doctor continued on.

Glawackus
2007-10-15, 09:04 PM
Sam nods at Martha's comment, not wanting to make more noise than necessary, and continues following the Doctor into the toy store.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-15, 09:23 PM
"Thank you, Q." Sydney gently takes the paper from him, rereads it, and stows it back in her jacket.

"I believe I need to speak with the Doctor after we're finished. Jonathan left me a note, and mentioned that we need to get three artifacts, somehow related to Saxon. I don't suppose you have any idea what those might be?" She speaks quietly to Wendy.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-16, 07:25 AM
If they're the items the others mentioned before, one is called a 'Living Ring' and is in the possession probably of Mr. Saxon--'the Master'--or someone working for him. I've heard of something like it before, as I'd mentioned.

"The other is the Cog of Mechanicals, which I believe we are seeking out now. Seems obvious what it probably does.

"The third they haven't mentioned yet, and Captain Jack's idea of 'debriefing' doesn't involve mission details." Wendy rolls her eyes in an amused manner.

She looks toward the toy shop. "You know, if they're going in through the back, it isn't going to hurt if I peek through the front window. At best I might see something, at worst someone spots me, and I act as the distraction I was supposed to be anyway. You stand..... over there.... where they can't see you, but you can call out or help me if something happens. That all right with you?

The Neoclassic
2007-10-16, 11:46 AM
"That sounds quite all right to me." Sydney moves to where Wendy indicates.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-16, 03:01 PM
Wendy approaches the front window, peering through (blinds if the shop is closed) to see anything. She's being quiet, but not attempting to hide herself.

Move Silently check: [roll1]

alchemyprime
2007-10-17, 03:42 PM
A man is inside the room dusting. He glances up occasionally, looking about. He sees Wendy and opens the door.
(If you hid, he wouldn't have seen you, but you were quiet enough that he considered you a passer-by. Nice spot.)
The room is filled with Tin Friends, Tin Pals (the animals) and clocks, along with board games and such. Very little is dusty. This man is obviously a good janitor.
"I am sorry Miss, but we are closed today. It's just me and the security guard. If there is someway I can help you, perhaps?"

***Meanwhile***
Q starts to squeal in Wendy's arms, and clap it's hands, like fun music is being played. A music box like device in his chest begins to play a sweet little song.
Q's music (http://vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/n64/YSTitle.mid)
(I totally ripped that off, it's just the most Qish music I could think of.)

***Meanwhile Again***
Sam and the Doctor are sneaking along and see a blueprint on the table across from them. On the table is also a few small robots, almost like new Qsm and a robot cat. Around the corner is a notebook with scribles all over is and a tablet.
"Sam. Can you sneak across and get those Tin Friends and Blueprints off of the table? I'm going for the notebook and tablet. Okay?"

(Move Silently Sam.)

The Neoclassic
2007-10-17, 03:46 PM
"You're just filled with cute surprises, aren't you?" Sydney smiles at him, then goes back to watching Wendy.

Glawackus
2007-10-17, 04:12 PM
Sam watches the cat intently for a moment, lets out a breath, and starts moving across the room.

Move Silently: [roll0]
And that music cracked me up. Perfect choice.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-17, 08:40 PM
[OOC: Does this man look like an actual janitor, or a store clerk cleaning up?]

Wendy smiles in a friendly manner. "Sorry... no..." She grins sheepishly. "Well, actually, I'm a reporter. I'm writing for the Post, you see--my editor's curious about this Tin Friend craze. Apparently even rivaling Macy's for business, or so I've heard.

"I wasn't expecting to get an interview at this hour... I just wanted a good look at the store while there wasn't a crowd. Although, since you're here... would you care to give a comment on your employer's work?"

She fishes around in her pockets for a notebook and pencil. Coming from a detective's background, she likely has one, though whether she has a writing implement that doesn't look ridiculously 21st century is another matter.

Bluff check: [roll0]

Add 1 if he makes a Sense Motive check to oppose (Negotiator Ability: Conceal Motive)

[Oh, and hey look: I drew Wendy:
http://www.angelfire.com/id/deathquaker/gaming/images/WendyKingweb.jpg ]

alchemyprime
2007-10-17, 11:32 PM
(Store clerk cleaning up.)
The cat's eyes light up. "Are you special?" It asks Sam. An odd music plays in the background, very happy and upbeat, both from the cat and from outside where you left the girls.

***Store Front***
"Well, I don't know much about what Moe does, but I do know that I get to make the toys sometimes. I like that. It's fun. Come back tommorow, Moe can answer things easier then me." The clerk smiles at her, like she's the first nice person he's talked to all day.

***Q and Sydney***
(Sydney, make a listen check.)

Glawackus
2007-10-18, 05:13 AM
"Uh...Yes, I am. And if you don't think I'm special enough, I can get my friend out here. He's very special. I'm Sam. Who are you?" Sam forces his hand out of his pocket, not wanting the cat to know about his weapon.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-18, 06:11 AM
Listen: [roll0]

DeathQuaker
2007-10-18, 06:16 AM
Wendy smiles politely. "I see. Of course. I don't suppose you'd allow me to take a quick look at the stock? Again, while there are no crowds. If not, I totally understand.

"Oh, and do you think I should make an appointment to see... Moe, you said his name was?"

alchemyprime
2007-10-18, 10:27 PM
***Backroom***
"You lie. You are not special. Neither is your friend. Only special people get to live in the world. So says the master.
(Sam, Reflex save please.)

***Alley behind the store***
An odd squealing can be heard. It sounds like a reature in pain and angered.
(Sydney, spot check)

***Front of the Store***
"Yeah. An apointment would be good. Maybe around two. Two is a slow time of day." A Tin Buddy runs into the man's leg.
"You aren't special, Jim." It says and shoots at him, missing and hitting the glass window in front of the store shattering it.
"Neither are you, lady." It and all the toys on the walls turn thier heads and stare at Wendy and the clerk.

Glawackus
2007-10-19, 05:24 AM
"Master? Oh, God..." Sam thinks, fumbling in his jacket to pull out the taser as he throws himself to the ground.

Reflex save: [roll0]

DeathQuaker
2007-10-19, 07:09 AM
Still standing in the doorway, Wendy reaches out and pushes Jim between her and the door, hopefully pushing him out into the open. "RUN!" She stands blocking the doorway as best she can, so no one can pursue Jim.

At her next opportunity, she draws her taser and shoots the nearest creature, presumably the Tin Buddy that rubbed up against Jim's leg. She banters out of nervousness. "Not special? That's not what my mother told me."

Initiative: [roll0]

Assuming I don't need to make a roll to change places with Jim, but let me know if that's not the case.

Roll to attack Tin Buddy (assuming he's within Point Blank Shot range): [roll1]

I am Dodging the Tin Buddy, so my Defense vs. him is 14

The Neoclassic
2007-10-19, 07:58 AM
Hearing the noise, Sydney cautiously takes a few steps towards the noise, trying to see what it is. She keeps holding Q in her left hand and with her right hand fumbles around for the weapon the Doctor gave her, in case she needs it.

Spot: [roll0]

Glawackus
2007-10-19, 11:24 AM
Oops! Initiative roll:
[roll0]

alchemyprime
2007-10-19, 04:35 PM
***The Shop***
The taser hits the toy dog and it explodes in a hail of metal and wires. The other friends look to Wendy. "She has a weapon. Master Tinker will not enjoy this."
(Reflex save, Wendy)

***Behind the Store***
As Sydney draws the knife, an odd creature appears. It looks like a humanoid hog, but with a large right arm that looks almost like it was taken off of an old steam engine. It's left leg is actually three mechanical spider legs, and it's right eye looks like a pig-ish version of a Cyberman's face plate with a red camera in the socket.
And again, it squeals.
(Will Save, Sydney)
Q glares at the pig man. It makes a sound like a very tiny motorcycle engine and the music changes. (Imagine "One Winged Angel", but played on a music box, and with a reving wheel doing the choral parts.)

***Inside***
The Doctor runs past Sam. "Run!" he says as he goes along. A beam of yellow energy grazes Sam's calf, but beyond that, he's fine.
(Sam takes 3 points fire damage, 3 points electricity.)
Sam's turn for his Cat fight... hehehe...

(Initiative orders:
Pig, Wendy, Q
Sam, Cat-bot, Doctor, Martha (For now on.)
Sydney, Jim, Tin Friends)
(This is going to be fun, eh? Sorry about all the story elements before hand. But remember: I like puzzles over violence...)

DeathQuaker
2007-10-19, 08:21 PM
Very important for what Wendy decides to do next: Is Jim safely out into the street, away from the store? Is he running like she told him to?

Reflex save: [roll0]

The Neoclassic
2007-10-19, 08:56 PM
Will save: [roll0]

Assuming she's proficient with the Doctor's knife, and there's no enhancement bonus to attack:
Attack roll: [roll1]

Sydney, unnerved, slashes at the creature if it approaches any further.

alchemyprime
2007-10-19, 09:31 PM
***Sydney***
Sydney began to get afraid, but knew that the Doctor, Sam, Wendy, Martha and Q all depended on her. She chook of the fear and stabbed the crazy Mechapig. He squeals in pain, but waits for something.

Q, on the other hand, does not wait, and the pigthing is hit with a beam of energy from Q's hand. When he sees that he hit, Q revs in enjoyment, but the oddly childish demonic music still plays.

The pig pulls back it's arm and smacks Sydney, sausing her teeth to cut the inside of her mouth. 6 damage. (Sorry, that was the roll. 1d8 + 1)

***Wendy***
Jin is in the street, but has knocked over a trashcan. He has picked up a crowbar, and his ready to show these bastards what for, revenge for them being so darn dusty every day.

***Sam***
It's Sam's turn, so...

Glawackus
2007-10-19, 10:10 PM
Sam pulls the taser out of his pocket, and takes aim at the cat. Something inside of him wryly comments, You'll probably never be a cat person after this, and he holds back a smile as he pulls the trigger.

Alright, let me know if I kludge anything up here.

Roll to hit:
Taser damage (as applicable):[roll]1d4+1d6

Glawackus
2007-10-19, 10:11 PM
Probably didn't hit, but here's a correct damage roll anyhow:
[roll0]+[roll1]

DeathQuaker
2007-10-20, 07:11 AM
[Assuming a reflex save of 8 was a failure] Wendy cries out in pain as she's zotted by the demon toys. Assuming she's not paralyzed or anything, she still holds herself in the door frame, doing her best to prevent passage of the toys into the street, or Jim into the store.

IF she can do that and still shoot (GM's discretion), she fires her taser again, yelling again to Jim.

"GET OUT OF HERE! I'm not leaving until I know you're safe!"

Attack roll: [roll0]

alchemyprime
2007-10-20, 11:52 AM
(Sorry, 8 was a failure. Not paralyzed, just a save for half. So you take 4 electric and 4 fire damage.)
Wendy's taser misses. The evil demon toy looks about. "My brothers, join me!" A bunch of skinny Tin Buddies surround the dog. They all latch on until an odd, golden, six-legged spider type of creature is infront of Wendy. It it's head is a circular saw.

Jim yells to Wendy. "Listen, they're still toys! Electric toys! They can be shorted out! The light switch by the door that leads to the workroom. USe your crazy shocking thing to hit that!"

(Wendy will need to move ten feet ahead to do so. Past the golden spider friend. It does have an attack of opportunity, but it's rayless for a few rounds. Can you make it?)

***Sam***
Sam mises the cat. The cat laughs and steps forward to Sam. It claws at him, but it's claws get tangled up in Sam's pantleg. No damage.

(Still waiting on Sydney. But it's okay. I can wait.)

The Neoclassic
2007-10-20, 12:51 PM
Sydney tries to figure out what, if any effect Q's music is making. Meanwhile, she backs up towards the store carefully, one hand holding the knife, the other pulling her cellphone out of her purse to call Jonathan; if he didn't know what this was, he'd be able to connect her to someone who did- he clearly knew a great deal of interesting people.

Eek, sorry! I had stuff to do this morning.

Anyway, Sydney is now down to 12 health sadly (stupid Dedicated hero HD...), but she'll (hopefully) live.

She's not attacking this round, but going on defensive (that gives bonus to AC, yes?)

I'm not sure if any of these skill checks will work, but Sydney is trying to figure out what effect Q's music is having and why the thing is attacking her.
Wisdom check: [roll0]
Intelligence check: [roll1]
Sense Motive: [roll2]
Knowledge (behavioral sciences): [roll3]

DeathQuaker
2007-10-20, 07:56 PM
Wendy nods to Jim. She's not much a fighter, but she's been trained to dodge out of harm's way, and hopes her training is enough.

Focusing on keeping herself out of the way of the spider, she dashes forward and aims for the lightswitch.

Wendy's base Defense is 13 (Touch is the same); I think Mobility applies, adding +4. If I can switch my Dodge to the Spider, add another +1. So hopefully a Defense of 18 vs. the AAO.

Attack to the lightswitch: [roll0]

Also: Are you using the Action Point system? Might be handy if this doesn't go well.

alchemyprime
2007-10-21, 10:43 AM
(Wow. Cookie for Wendy. Yeah, AC 18 worked, and an attack roll of 20 to boot... dang... I was hoping you wouldn't die... oh, and we are using action points. 5+1/2 for basic classes, 6+1/2 for advanced, 8+1/2 for prestige.)
Wendy's taser hits the light switch. The bulbs overhead shatter and a surge of electricity comes out and blasts most of the Tin Friends and shuts them off. The spider remains, but it seems to be paralysed, and it's circular saw blade has stopped moving.

***Sydney***
Wisdom check: (1d20+3)[19]
Intelligence check: (1d20+2)[9]
Sense Motive: (1d20+13)[32]
Knowledge (behavioral sciences): (1d20+10)[26]

The first batch of music, it is hard to say. It's almost like it was a signal to play. But the second song, the oddly evil child's music, seems to be what happens when Q gets angry and needs to protect a human being from harm.
Pigthings don't count as human.
Q wants to protect Sydney, just like a small child would dislike it if someone new came to the house.
The Doctor runs through the door and sees a bloodied Sydney, an anrgy Q and a harmed cyborg pig thing.
"A pig slave with cyberman components and clockwork? This is what that gear does! Sydney, run! Sam's still inside, but he should be doing fine. We need to get to the TARDIS!" Martha runs out too. She yells as well.
"Sydney, grab Q and follow me."
The Doctor runs back into the building.

(Sam's turn too)

The Neoclassic
2007-10-21, 11:08 AM
Without hesitation, Sydney drops her cellphone back in her purse, picks Q back up, and runs towards the TARDIS with Martha.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-21, 11:21 AM
Wendy nearly destroys the paralyzed spider, but kicks it out the door before her instead. If it remains unmoving, she can show it to the Doctor and Sam later for analysis. If it activates again, at least it's by itself, and she can shoot it quickly (consider a readied action to shoot the Spider if it starts moving before she can get it to Sam and the Doctor). She keeps her taser readied in her hand.

She smiles at the clerk. "Good thinking...Jim, was it? That did it." She looks over the quick-thinking young man. "If you want to help end this, come with me. I'll explain as we go. If not, get out of here--far from here--and don't let your employer know where you are."

She looks around worriedly, wondering what's happened to Sydney. "You haven't seen a young woman around here, have you?"

alchemyprime
2007-10-21, 11:27 AM
As Sydney runs, the pigthing tries to follow, but the beam has damaged one of it's legs. It squeals once again, loud enough to be heard in the building.
(Sam and Wendy, Will saves.)

The Neoclassic
2007-10-21, 11:41 AM
Do I need a Will save as well? If so: [roll0]

Anyway, Sydney keeps running until she reach the ship or something interrupts her running to it.

Glawackus
2007-10-21, 03:50 PM
Will save: [roll0]

Sam pulls his leg back, the fabric of his pants ripping on the cat's claws. He curses, and pulls his leg back to deliver a swift kick to the cat. He moves to jam the taser into his pocket and draw his sidearm.

I assume that I can't kick the cat, drop the semi-useless taser, *and* draw my gun...?
Rolling to kick that little sonuva...
[roll1]
Damage (as applicable--I believe it's just 1d3) [roll2]

DeathQuaker
2007-10-21, 03:59 PM
will save:[roll0]

alchemyprime
2007-10-21, 08:47 PM
(Truth be told it's one of those "If you suceed, you don't need to make a save for 24 hours" deals. But you all passed anyway.)

Wendy is halfway across the street to the TARDIS.
Jim looks out the window. "That one, running to the odd blue telephone booth?"
He looks at the spider. "I knew Moe and the guard didn't like me, but I never thought that the Tin Friends were for this!" He sighs. "I'm sorry. If I'd listened to Zack, I wouldn't be here right now! I'd still be making my toys, instead of being a stupid clerk!" He looks at the spider. He pulls out a normal screwdriver and undoes the back of the spider. "Good thing no one's in the back... the guard gets pissed at intruders."

***Sam***
Sam kicks the cat. He hits the cat. The cat isn't happy.
The Doctor runs back in. He goes up to the cat and holds the sonic screwdriver to it and it shuts off.
"Big angry thing behind us. Can you run?"

Glawackus
2007-10-21, 08:51 PM
Sam scoops the taser off the ground and drops it into his pocket. "Yes! Let's go!"

Sam'll just follow the Doctor back to the TARDIS--I assume that's where we're headed here.

alchemyprime
2007-10-21, 09:00 PM
As the Doctor and Sam approach the door, the pig thing appears. steam shoots out of it's arm. It looks pissed.
(Sam, Doctor, Pig Thing)

Glawackus
2007-10-21, 09:16 PM
Sam, beginning to lose his cool, decides to go for the old (Torchwood) college try: just shoot the thing. He draws his gun and fires.

roll to hit:
[roll0]
damage roll:
[roll1]
electricity damage
[roll2]
elec. crit (as applicable)
[roll3]

DeathQuaker
2007-10-22, 06:47 AM
"Actually, a back door intrusion might be what set the 'Tin Friends' to attack us. And the truth is, it's your friend Zack who sent us here."

She points to Sydney and Martha running towards the TARDIS. "If they're running, we probably ought to too. Can you do anything with that spider?

alchemyprime
2007-10-22, 01:41 PM
The pig thing squeals in pain as it is shot.
The head of a Tin Friend is on the table. It's looks like a blue version of Q's head.
"The music of wonderful master Moe makes us all want to know just how to rid the world of scum so specail peoples and robots can all have fun.

The Doctor looks at the Pigthing. "I'm sorry that he did this to you. If you are what I think you are..." the Doctor points the Sonic Screwdriver at the Pigthing. It sqeauls in pain as it looks down at it self.
"Whhhy... chhhouldn't thhhat mahhn lehhht mheee dhiie?" it squeals. "Whhy... dhhiidd he crhheeaahhte thhhe Chhyberphhig?"

Glawackus
2007-10-22, 01:44 PM
Sam keeps his gun trained on the Cyberpig and glances at the Tin Friend head, wondering if he should grab it or not.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-22, 08:16 PM
At the door to the TARDIS, Sydney glances back to see the Doctor talking to the pigthing.

"What are they doing?" She addresses this to Martha, and is rather worried.

alchemyprime
2007-10-23, 09:28 PM
(The extra Hs are to be like wheezing through a paper bag.)
The Doctor looked at the Cyberpig.
"Once we stop Moe's toys, we'll help you. Alright?"
The Cyberpig looked at the Doctor. "Mhhy... ehhmohhhtiohhn ahhll inhhbitohhhhr wahhs conehhhcted thho myhhh rehhspirahhtor... buhhht mahhke hhim pahhy. Hhhe hhas cahhptured a crehhature frohhhm lohhng aghho. An aciehhnt cyhhberman. The Zodhhar. Sahhve thhe Zodhhar." The pig squeals in pain and dies, shooting steam from it's arm.
"Sam. Let's get to the TARDIS. We need to plan. See if Torchwood knows anything about a Zodar." The Doctor walks off to the TARDIS, the Tin Cat under it's arm.

Martha finally opens the door and drags in Jim.
(I assume Sydney and Wendy go in too.)

The Neoclassic
2007-10-23, 10:02 PM
Aye, Sydney follows.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-24, 06:12 AM
Wendy was still waiting for Jim to answer a question, but they can take their conversation into the TARDIS, which Wendy would encourage him to do anyway.

Glawackus
2007-10-24, 11:34 AM
"Right then," Sam says, striding back into the TARDIS, smiling at the girls as if to say nothing's happened, and flicking out his PDA. "Zodar. Zodar."

Research: [roll0]

alchemyprime
2007-10-24, 01:21 PM
(From the Torchwood Files.)

As much as it pains me to do this, I needed to steal one of Jonathan's files of this entry.- Jack

McCallister Corporation Files
Zodar
A creature with an organic core binding together an odd, ceramic like metal.
No two Zodar are alike, except they are all composed of this material and are all humanoid.
Some look like plain suits of armor.
Some ornate.
Some like organic beings.

Zodar are emmensly strong, able to break the material I have dubbed "Gallyfreynium." I have seen one break a chunk from a broken TARDIS, as well as punch through a panzer tank.
Every Zodar was it's own agenda. They rarely speak, but can do so. Also, they semm to be able to do the impossible occasionally.

ALso, 90% of everything typed is a lie.

END FILE.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-24, 02:17 PM
Wendy follows Jim into the TARDIS, taking a look at everyone. Seeing the blood around Sydney's mouth, she gapes.

"Goodness!" She glares at Martha. "Didn't you say you were a medical student? For god's sake, see to her! She's obviously hurt!

Wendy looks down at her own scorched arm. "And I'll need some tending to, myself, but I don't look as dire. Is everyone else all right?" She takes off her trench coat (meaning Jim might spot her .32 strapped under her arm) and examines the wound, tearing her blouse around the burn from the Tin Pal's laser. Meanwhile, she addresses everyone.

"This is Jim, he worked for Moe and is a friend of Isaac's." She smiles calmingly at Jim, who is likely gaping at the interior of the TARDIS. "It's best not to think about it, dear. Now, tell us about that spider you were taking apart, and we'll do our best to explain everything else."

Glawackus
2007-10-24, 02:35 PM
Sam looks up from his PDA. "Right. Apparently, it's along the lines of the Cybermen--organic, chewy inside in a hard, ceramic coat." Sam stops, realizing that not everyone might enjoy Torchwood's...off-color...humor. "Anyhow...they range from regular humans to something like a suit of armor. Unfor...uh...The file's from McCallister, though, so I'm not sure about some of this. It says that they can break through 'Gallifreynium'? I think he's referring to whatever the TARDIS is composed of. Says they can punch through tanks, too. Not too big on verbal communication, or teamwork. Oh, and they can occasionally 'do the impossible'." Sam finally throws in the towel. "I give up. I'm used to Jack and his crew leaving their little comments all over files, but...Sydney, McCallister says "90% of this is a lie"?!"

Sam notices the new addition to the group. "Sam Spencer. Nice to have someone who's neither British nor alien onboard." He holds out the PDA to Sydney, hoping she can understand McCallister.

"Is there a first aid kit around?" he asks everyone in general. "I'm sure there were other injuries, and I think I can take care of myself."

[edit]
ALIEN! I meant to say alien! :smallsigh:

DeathQuaker
2007-10-24, 03:02 PM
Wendy nods to Sam and tosses him her bookbag that she'd left behind when the first went to investigate. "Sorry, I didn't see you were hurt too. You can probably see to yourself better than I can. Front pocket."

"First this Master, then evil toys, now these... Zodar? Ceramic cyborgs?"

Wendy tries to remember if she'd ever heard anything of the like in her own investigations, before or during her Torchwood missions.

Fun with possible die rolls. I figure Wendy's aware of Cyberman invasions of earth, but not so sure about this.

Earth and Life Sciences: [roll0]

Technology: [roll1]

Research (to reflect past research, though she could check files on her laptop): [roll2]

She has 6 ranks in E&L Sciences and Technology, so if one roll suits better but garners a synergy from the other, add 2 to the result.

Oh, and also: Jim isn't human? Did I miss something?

The Neoclassic
2007-10-24, 07:14 PM
"I do have some experience in treating injuries and I brought a medical kit with me."

Sydney pulls out her medical kit and offers to treat the injuries of others before dealing with her own.

Sydney has a +15 to Treat Injury, and the DC to recover hp is 15 so I assume she passes all. I can roll if needed. Here are the rolls for hp recovered, in order that patients are treated, herself last:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

alchemyprime
2007-10-24, 09:38 PM
(Everyone thank Queenfange.)
Jim looks at everyone. "Right. Um... this thing... it looks like Moe put more into the Tin Friends than I thought. Only your old Red Model Friend is okay. All the ones in the store... what if it was all of them but your red model?"

Jim looks shocked. The Doctor acknowledges Sam's info. "Jon loves to leave messages incoded in his notes. He sees himself as "Da Vinchi with better resources." Met Da Vinchi. Pretty close.
"As for this Zodar... It obviously is an anceint being. Much like some friends of mine. The cyberpig seemed like it wanted us to help it. That spider is a bit off... wait. It can do them impossible? What if the Zodar was forced into the impossible? What if that, combined with the technology Moe had absorbed, helped create the Tin Friends?"

Martha looked. "then we'd need to help it." Martha looked into her sack. "Here. Take one of these, everyone. Little technique I picked up in the year 2442. Special mixture. Actual cure all." She hands out vials to everyone. "Also, I'm going to call Jonathan." She dials the phone. "Yes. Hey, Jon, it's Martha. Listen, about your files on the Zodar... yes... yes... oh, fine, be that way!"
Martha looks to the group. "He says we need to determine which line or lines lie."

(Well? I want this to be a player driven thing. You each get a guess and a sense motive roll, in that order, please. 500 XP to whoever gets it right by their guess.)

Glawackus
2007-10-25, 05:20 AM
Alright, Treat Injury time. I just realized I don't have any ranks in it, so I really hope this works. (Unless I was one of those people in Queenfange's thing, in which case I say thankya big big. ;) )
Treat Injury: [roll0]
Hit Points Restored: [roll1]

Sam opens up the medical kit and is a little stunned by all the different things. "Of course, Torchwood never really saw the point in paying for anything more than Band-Aids," he murmurs to himself.

"Great. A guessing game," Sam says, looking up from the kit. "If I had to pick one, I'd say the line about some of them looking like organic beings is BS."

Sense Motive: [roll2]
Could I make a Knowledge: Xenobiology check to help here?

DeathQuaker
2007-10-25, 06:19 AM
Wendy thanks Sydney, but adamantly refuses treatment (with her considerable Diplomacy bonus in tow) until Sydney sees to herself first.

Important OOC notes in the spoiler box:

1. If you accept Wendy's insistence, then Sydney should take the 4 HP healed, and I'll take the 3.

2. I take it Martha just completely ignored Wendy when she yelled at her to treat Sydney--and that therefore, Sydney was forced to treat herself (besides the fact that treating the inside of the mouth is difficult to do on yourself)? Wendy will take this into account in her future dealings with the NPC. (Wendy would try to see to her, but she has no ranks in Treat Injury, and is smart enough not to risk hurting someone in an effort to help.)

3. I will not post my "guess" about the Zodar until I know the results of the die rolls I made in my previous post--or at least please clarify and tell me they were useless. I rolled a Nat 20 on the Research check, after all.

Thanks.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-25, 12:10 PM
Sydney sighs and bandages her own wounds before moving to the stubborn Wendy.

"90% lies, figure out which lines are false..." She thinks out loud as she dresses Wendy's injuries. "Everything about them being organic is false, I'd say, and they don't all have their own agendas. It's just a wild guess though. What do you guys think?"

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Oh, yes, Sam was one of the people in Sydney's healing rounds.

Glawackus
2007-10-25, 12:18 PM
"Thanks," Sam says, unwinding a mess of bandage from around his hands as Sydney ministers to his wound from the cat.

alchemyprime
2007-10-25, 09:31 PM
(No... She just posted before I did, and I thought Treat Injury could only be done 1/hour on a given subject... The GM should read his book more...)

An amount of understanding dawns on Sydney. She knows.

But the amazing divine being wants to hear Wendy's guess first.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-26, 06:53 AM
But the amazing divine being wants to hear Wendy's guess first.

(((And once again, Wendy's player wants to know if her Knowledge or Research Checks did anything before she makes her guess. See my post that begins with, "Wendy nods to Sam..."

If you want to simply disregard those rolls, just say so, and we can move on.

I know it's hard to manage three players' posts, especially when there's a lot of stuff going on. But I'd personally appreciate it if you read peoples' posts a little more carefully and responded accordingly -- and if you choose to ignore something, please say so so we know what's going on. I appreciate your running this and know you've put a lot of work into it, but we're going to feel useless as players if half of what we do never even gets acknowledged. Thank you very much.)))

alchemyprime
2007-10-28, 09:21 AM
(Sorry... wrote only half of the stuff going through my head... The rolls didn't give you anything past what Sam managed to get, except for one thing:
An odd little children's tale from Germany.
"The Black And Peaceful Knight."
The gist of the story was that a wizard called upon the powers of ancient gods to revive his brother, a knight. The knight came back, but could not remove his armor. He was very peaceful, but his brother kept begging him to take charge and attack their king. The knight used the powers of the gods to make the king sick, but the disease killed off a quarter of the country. The knight felt horrible, but his brother, and evil man, loved it. And so, the knight grabbed his brother the wizard and tore him in half with his bare hands. The knight then walked around the world, wandering, finding very good children and granting them unselfish wishes, to make up for killing the people.

Okay... now can you make your guess befor I say the sense motive rolls?)

DeathQuaker
2007-10-28, 09:46 AM
Wendy chuckles and says somewhat jokingly. "Perhaps the lie was the '90%' comment. Perhaps more than 10 percent of what that file said was probably true, even if it was not all entirely accurate.

"But... in seriousness... I don't like blanket statements about a group of people's attitudes, even if that blanket statement is that 'they are all individuals.' How would he know they all each have their own agenda? Or each rarely speak?"

"And to do the impossible. That's not unique to any one race. We all can do the impossible if pushed to, I think.

Wendy scratches her chin. "I've heard stories of super strong suits of armor... even with some 'magical' abilities, like spreading disease. And superstrong cyborgs isn't anything new to the universe. One with a sense of remorse is though...." She trails off, taking her monologue into silent thought...

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Glawackus
2007-10-28, 12:57 PM
Sam smiles, somewhat smug. "No offense, but McCallister's a few fries short of a Happy Meal--our mutual friend Captain Harkness commented to me once about the Elan losing part of their minds, sort of counterbalancing the whole immortality package. Maybe he's reversed the ratio, and there's only 10% that's false--the bit about the '90%'."

alchemyprime
2007-10-28, 01:38 PM
The Doctor makes an odd face. "Yes... that sounds like Jon, now that I think about it..."

(Congrats to DQ for guessing right and Gl for rolling high enough. Glawackus, if you want to share the PM with the others, go right ahead.)

The Doctor looks to Martha. "The Hyper-Elixers. I forgot you had those... good thing you remembered how to make them... Useful things. Same bit as a good fix-up, speeds up the metabolism to heal you up a bit."

Martha looks to Jim. "Where does Moe live?"

Jim thinks. "About two blocks away, Miss. Hm... wait a minute... these things can attack on his command... there must be somesort of radio thing, like how you can hear radio shows from the other side of the city... so... if you can have a phonebooth bigger inside than out, could you make a radio reciever that finds a signal instead of just being told what to do?"

The Doctor and Martha look at Jim, wide eyed. "Yes, I could..." The Doctor says. "How'd you come up with that?"

Jim smiles. "A healthy literary diet of repair manuals, Zack's manuscripts and **** Tracy. The spider. If we both work on it, we can do this well."

(Sam, care to Aid Another?)

Glawackus
2007-10-28, 04:03 PM
"Yes...I thought that it made a lot of sense (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3426421&postcount=49)," Sam says, looking around the TARDIS interior again.

"Oh. You mean like a frequency scanner or something. Sure." Sam digs around and finds his multitool, the little gadgets on it flipping around under his fingers again.

I'm not quite sure what kind of roll is needed here..I'm thinking it's either Repair or Disable Device.

Repair: [roll0]
Disable Device: [roll1]

Not quite sure how Aid Another works, though. I was always under the impression it was a combat thing.

DeathQuaker
2007-10-28, 07:26 PM
"I've got a question: the robots in the store attacked me and Jim unprovoked. They accused us of not being 'special.' What does that mean? Did they say the same thing to you?

A success on an "Aid Another" gives +2 to the main person's skill check, IIRC. It's actually more useful out of combat than in.

Glawackus
2007-10-28, 07:50 PM
"Yeah!" Sam says, whirling, somewhere between anger and elation that someone else shared his strange experience. "And then it said the Doctor wasn't special, either, which we all know is hardly the case. And then, it made some comment about only special people get to live, and that was what 'the master' told it."

Sam glances at the Doctor. "Wasn't that Saxon's real name or something? Some kind of code name? An official title?"

DeathQuaker
2007-10-29, 06:48 AM
"Oh, yes. Good point." Wendy furrows her brow, trying to remember. "The pal said something about... 'Master Tinker.' So I thought he was referring to Moe. Or is Moe and the Master the same person?"

Wendy shudders. "It's all frighteningly... well, Nazi, isn't it? A man responsible for genocide, wanting to slay all who are not 'special'? And here we are, with World War II going on..."

The Neoclassic
2007-10-29, 11:45 AM
Sydney, carefully listening, quietly chimes in. "If that is the case, that Moe and the Master are the same person, this situation may be more dangerous than we originally expected."

alchemyprime
2007-10-29, 09:38 PM
Jim pulls out a picture of Moe from his wallet. "Always carry around pictures of friends... cept I guess he doesn't belong anymore, huh?" He hands it to the Doctor.

The Doctor looks at it. "Nah... I really doubt that Moe and the Master are the same person. But just in case, be ready. We need to rescue that Zodar fellow and stop those killer toys. He must be controlling it from his home."

Martha looks at Q. "Maybe Q can help us find the signal. Can you help us Q?"

The Neoclassic
2007-10-30, 05:56 AM
Sydney strokes the back of Q's head with one finger. "Will you help us, Q?"

DeathQuaker
2007-10-30, 06:29 AM
"Would it be safe to assume that Moe is working for the Master? Or.... something to think about...if he isn't, if Moe is working for himself but has this 'cog' that the Master wants... we might look to find a way to play them against each other.

alchemyprime
2007-10-30, 08:18 PM
Q begins to rev quickly and plays a song reminicent of the Zelda "You found the item" song.

The Doctor smiles. He then looks to Wendy. "You may be right. From the sound of it, Moe likes being in control. So does the Master. They would probably be at ends. Jim, do you know anything about Moe that can help us."

"Well," Jim begins, "Moe liked three things: playing Monopoly, making Tin Friends, and..." He looks and smiles at Sydney. "Women of about the size and shape of the woman with the Red Model friend... So, he may not mind you..."

Martha glares at Jim. "Hmm?"

"Sorry. Look, if he has this Zodar thing, wouldn't he make his home a fortress? It'll be pointless to rush in."

The Doctor looks at Jim. "Nothing's pointless. Except going up aginst me in Trivial Pursuit... but beyond that, nothing is pointless. We can always go with my best plan, and my favorite plan: improvise." The Doctor smiles and looks at everyone.

Then Sydney's phone went off.

The Neoclassic
2007-10-31, 06:41 AM
Sydney quickly grabs it and flips it open. "Hello?"

DeathQuaker
2007-10-31, 11:24 AM
While Sydney is on the phone, Wendy continues to converse with the others.

"I agree 'rushing in' is a poor idea. Also... after the last time... I am hesitant to split the team up. Given what we are up against, safety in numbers might be a good rule. Of course, circumstances may make it difficult, but let's try, yes?"

"As for Moe's Zodar... from what we know, Zodar are probably capable of independent thought--they're not just constructs. We may be able to negotiate with it, whereas trying to physically assault it is far more likely to end in our deaths.

"And of course, if that doesn't work, we can flee and try to find another way in..."

alchemyprime
2007-11-01, 01:30 PM
Jim nods. He looks at the crowbar he left by the door. Then he looks at the TARDIS.
"WHat can this thing do, Mr. Spaceman?" He says, smiling at the Doctor.
"Travel through space and time. Though, for a space ship, it sure does little flying..."
"So more of a teleportation idea?"
"Yeah, that'd be about it. Why?"
Jim smiles. "We can move this closer to Moe's flat. No... wait... Zodar can punch through this stuff...Hm... Wait a minute... wait a minute!" Jim starts to fiddle about in the SPider. It already would find the signal. It was coming from Moe's home. Now Jim was messing with it. "Doc, give me a hand." The Doctor messes in the spider too. The both get up and smile.
The Doctor looks to Sam and Wendy. "Ever hear feedback in radiowaves? Because now every Tin Friend that comes too close to us will."
"So, Sam, Wendy, after Sydney's phone call, we can go and get that Moe, eh?"
Q squeals like a small tire breaking.
"Sorry. Sam, Wendy and Q." The Doctor corrects himself.

The Neoclassic
2007-11-01, 04:39 PM
Sorry, I've been having some real life problems so I've fallen behind on my online commitments. My apologies.

"OK, thank you very much." Pause. "You too. Goodbye."

Sydney snaps the cell phone shut and looks to the others. "Just Jonathan reminding me of a few things back home, and a little note about the Zodars having short tempers."

alchemyprime
2007-11-03, 10:47 PM
(This is mostly a bump, but...
Please, read the phonecall!)

DeathQuaker
2007-11-04, 06:10 PM
((while we're waiting))

Wendy looks at the Doctor.
"What is the priority, Doctor--'getting Moe,' or getting the Cog of Mechanicals?"

After that discussion, she tilts her head to watch Jim poking into the Spider.
"My, Jim, you've adapted awfully fast to this. Faster than I did the first time I faced down insane constructs. Well, technically, the first time I was four, but I was thinking as an adult. Are you used to the unusual working for Moe?"

alchemyprime
2007-11-05, 05:29 PM
"I'm a little used to things. The Tin Friends were weird enough, and I normally have a drink with Zack on Wednesdays. He knows a lot of stuff like this."

The Doctor looks to her. "The Cog is more important. I just felt like we should save that Zodar. The Cog is top priority. If we manage to save the Zodar, then... that's important too. But we can't leave until Moe is stopped. The Master will strike in 2009. Moe strikes in 1940. We need to stop this now so that we can still stop the Master in sixty nine years."

DeathQuaker
2007-11-08, 06:50 AM
Wendy nods to Sydney, and then returns to her conversation with the Doctor.

"Well, if this Cog is that powerful, our possessing it may help convince the Zodar to our side, if he has free will enough to be convinced.

So, now the important question is: do we know where the Cog is, or have any way of detecting it?

The Neoclassic
2007-11-09, 11:46 PM
"I agree." Sydney agrees with the Doctor. "I realize that Moe is important, but the zodar must be an equal priority." She speaks with unusual certainty and force, though still not overbearing.

alchemyprime
2007-11-10, 01:29 PM
The Doctor nods. He looks over to the TARDIS console. "I wish we did... wait a minute..." He runs over to where Jonathan was standing when you all met him. He pulls up a trap door in the grating and pulls out a sheet of paper.
"Setting 411." The Doctor fiddles with the Sonic Screwdriver.
"Mr. McCallister just gave us the information for a Cog Detector. I almost guarentee you..." The Doctor swivels the Screwdriver around. "It's in the same direction as Moe's home." A quick whirling comes from the Screwdriver. "Yep. There it is. Over towards where Moe is. Let's go, shall we?" The Doctor swings around to the door. MArtha looks in the trap door.

She then walks over to Sam, Wendy and Sydney.
"I found these gems. I think Jonathan left some gifts for you guys."
There is a red gem, a blue gem and a white gem.
I'd say Wendy gets first dibs, then Sydney, then Sam.

The Neoclassic
2007-11-10, 09:14 PM
Sydney, going after Wendy, picks the blue gem (or, if Wendy chose it, takes the white one equally happily).

DeathQuaker
2007-11-11, 09:33 AM
Wendy eyes the gems curiously and takes the white gem, gently turning it over in her hand. "What do they do?

She follows the Doctor to the door, trying to call upon her training to determine what to do next, and speaks up in her "field team leader" voice they made her practice at Torchwood. "Right. Unless someone has a map of Moe's house, we need to determine the entrances to Moe's residence and pick the best one for us to enter by--I'd aim for closest to the cog, since all the entryways are likely to be guarded.

"Unless circumstances demand it, we stick together--only exception being if we want to leave someone here in the TARDIS to monitor things from here. Perhaps Martha would be the best candidate for that.

"Otherwise, we go carefully and quietly. We talk before shooting, unless we're shot at first. And we DO NOT go diving in without a plan." She archly raises an eyebrow at the Doctor.

"Unless, of course, you have a better idea."

alchemyprime
2007-11-11, 11:24 AM
Martha looks at the remaining gem. "Not a clue, I'm sorry. But everything about Jon has been more than it seemed and less than it figured." She hands Sam the red gem.
(Know: Arcane Lore check to figure out what the gems do, but with synergy bonuses from Know: Pop Culture, Know: Technology, Know: Xenobiology and Know: Business. The synergy bonuses stack.)

The Doctor looks shocked at Wendy. "Wow. I'm surprised you weren't in Canary Wharf. Leadership like that, there could have been quite a few less casualties. Jim, what do you know about Moe's house?"

Jim thinks for a bit. "He has a front room connected to his entryway. The front room leads off into a basement, a radio room, a kitchen, a bathroom and a bedroom. It's a seven room house. Hm... he may have Tin Friends scattered about. But he always said his "Big Project" was in the basement. So the basement is a stable guess for wither that Zodar or that Cog you are all lookin for. Does that help any? I guess I could sketch it."

|________|xxxxxxx|_____|
|xxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxx|xxxxx|
|_________| |____|_____|

"Okay... red was a kitchen, I think. Blue was the front room. Orange was a bedroom, green the radio room, violet the bathroom and I colored the door to the basement magenta. I think the kitchen had a door in it."

The Doctor looks to MArtha and hands her a disc. "If we don't return by 3:00, insert this disc into the TARDIS console. He then returns to the door."

Glawackus
2007-11-11, 11:52 AM
"Afraid I don't know much about jewelry," Sam says. He rolls the gem around in his hand, and holds it up to the light to try and look through it.

Knowledge check...I don't have Arcane Lore, but I assume I can still use the synergy bonuses...
1d20+4+3

Glawackus
2007-11-11, 11:54 AM
Grrr. Can't chain stuff like that, I guess. trying again: [roll0]

The Neoclassic
2007-11-11, 03:57 PM
Sydney, having no Knowledge in Arcane Lore, studies the gem for a bit but then shrugs helplessly. "I could call Jonathan and ask what they're for, but I'm not sure we should bother him with it." She follows the Doctor towards the door.

DeathQuaker
2007-11-11, 07:20 PM
If you're allowing an untrained Arcane Lore check, I can add my synergy and int. If you're not allowing untrained, just ignore this roll.

1d20+4

Wendy smiles wryly at Sydney. "Somehow I have a feeling if we need to know something from Jonathan, and he wants to tell us, we'll hear it soon enough."

She thanks Jim for the map and peers over it.

"It looks like for doors, the closest is the front door. Or, we could look for a window. The radio room... well, if the technology in there is current, it wouldn't be a sealed room, so there might be one there. And it may also have useful information or gear inside it. What do you think?

DeathQuaker
2007-11-11, 07:21 PM
Don't know why the roll didn't work.

[roll0]

alchemyprime
2007-11-12, 10:20 PM
Wendy was able to figure out what hers did. It can shoot a ray of cold at something, but if there is a limit to how often, she can't tell. :smalltongue:

(I assume the question was aimed at Sam and Sydney, so I'll wait for their answers)

Glawackus
2007-11-12, 10:30 PM
"I'm all for sticking together," Sam says. "Considering what was in the toy store, I'd really rather not find out what our...Molar? Molan? friend has puppyguarding his house.

Sam rolls the gem back and forth in his palm, thinking. "If there's going to be anything interesting, it's going to be in that dedicated radio room or in the basement. I think someone ought to get to the bedroom first and incapacitate Moe, and then we can move on to the radio room--then hit the basement with whatever Moe tells us and whatever's in the radio room.

The Neoclassic
2007-11-13, 01:15 AM
"Best to stick together," Sydney agrees. "Or at least work in pairs; that might be more efficient if he stay in contact with each other well."

DeathQuaker
2007-11-13, 12:19 PM
Wendy nods to Sam and Sydney. "Good. Hm... are we sure Moe's in the bedroom? And if we incapacitate him, might that set off a failsafe security thing? She chews her lip, thinking aloud. "On the other hand, you're right, if we can go straight to him, we can interrogate him... which may make the whole mission much easier..."

"Tell you what, we may as well go through the front door. It's not like going through the back helped before--and who knows, maybe it will be unexpected? We can hit the bedroom first, but if that proves too dangerous, we dash straight for the basement door, or radio room, whichever is easiest to get to. Sound good?

Wendy looks at the crystal in her hand. "I did some research on crystal technology after finding the remains of a vaguely similar object on one of my jobs. Sort of like a prism that focuses light into a laser beam... though some work with different energies, converting them into light... even mental energy can be converted into a physical burst of force... I think this is what this is.... mine's awfully cold in my hand; maybe a cryo ray of some sort? The problem is they can be fragile... not sure how much they can be used. Even if I'm right that is. I'm just guessing...

alchemyprime
2007-11-14, 10:28 PM
The Doctor nods. He is rather surpirsed that Wendy knows so much. Jim and he look at everyone else. "The bedroom plan might work, but I have a feeling that he needs to transmit the radio signal by hand. That tech wasn't all up to par. But then again, maybe he has more stuff than we give him credit for. Jim, can you lead the way?"

Jim waits for everyone else to begin to follow him.

The Neoclassic
2007-11-15, 10:10 AM
Sydney stashes her gem safely inside her purse, placed next to softer objects to cushion it to decrease its chances of being damaged, should it be as fragile as Wendy postulates. She then follows Jim as instructed.

DeathQuaker
2007-11-15, 09:58 PM
"Jim, if you're leading, take this." Wendy hands him her taser, showing him how to operate it. "Not too difficult to use. And Sam's fixed it so it'll damage the 'toys' pretty well, as you've seen. I've still got my gun if I need it, and the gem." Wendy carefully tucks her gem under her sleeve and shoulders her daypack, ready to leave.

alchemyprime
2007-11-16, 02:22 PM
Jim smiles. "Thanks Miss. Between this taser thing and my crowbar, I think I got a good chance of helping this. Oh, this is so exciting! I feel like Buck Rogers! Saving the world and everything!"

The Doctor laughs. "You know, Jon tells me that on the paralell world he calls Earth-616, I'm a bit of a Buck Rogers myself. Dimensional leaking and what not."

Jim and the Doctor look at each other and laugh at the absurdity of the Doctor possibly being a fraction as famous as Buck Rogers.

Martha sighed. She'd ridden in the Ghosty Car. She'd been in the TARDIS. She knew it wasn't that silly.

Glawackus
2007-11-16, 03:07 PM
Sam smiles to himself a little bit at the mention of Buck Rogers, and then appears surprised at the Doctor's "parallel world" comment. He frowns and manages a somewhat gruff expression.

"So, shall we? I've got my gun and taser, and I suppose I'll find some use for this thing." He tosses the gem up and down in one hand.

The Neoclassic
2007-11-16, 04:40 PM
Sydney nods in agreement, waiting to follow the others.

alchemyprime
2007-11-17, 11:33 PM
(Sorry, had to double check this all)
The Doctor and Jim head out with the rest. Surprisingly, the toys from the store that were still in there had run off, so the path was clear most of the way to Moe's. The odd spider led the way, and Q began to act almost as if he were afraid of Moe's. His little engine revved with the sort of tension of someone who generally doesn't want to be there, but wants to stay with someone. In this case, Sydney.

The front door looms ahead of you all.

(Spot checks, Listen CHecks, whatever you wish to use to find out about Moe's house.)

The Neoclassic
2007-11-18, 01:34 AM
Sydney holds Q reassuringly as she looks about the house.

Spot: [roll1]

Glawackus
2007-11-18, 09:03 AM
Sam looks about, one hand sticking close to his gun.

Listen: [roll1]

DeathQuaker
2007-11-18, 09:26 AM
Fun die rolls for all:

[spoiler]

It may not apply (since it usually involves a dedicated search), but Wendy keeps a trained eye out for anything especially unusual:

Investigate: [roll2]

And also:

Move Silently: [roll3]

alchemyprime
2007-11-18, 07:10 PM
(OOC: Firstly, I applaude DeathQuaker for using Investigate. I can't find a clapping smiley, but if I could, you would recieve one. You, since we're at it, extra 50 XP for Wendy. For Investigating. Just add that in now so I don't have to remember it at the end of the episode.)

Sam and Sydney both noticed the lights flickering from the basement window and the drawn curtains.

However, Wendy noticed the drag marks on the ground, the patch of dead grass in the shape of a square and the crackling electricity coming from in the house.
As well as the very bass moaning, almost like a yell into a microphone going through a synthesizer and mixing board. But more... like two coffee mugs being rubbed together at the same time as the synthesized yell.

Who will enter the house first?

Glawackus
2007-11-18, 07:26 PM
"See?" Sam whispers, pointing towards the basement windows. "Got to be something down there, unless Moe just invented disco."

Sam draws his gun and snaps off the safety. He winces a little at the sound--clearly louder than he thought it'd be in the quiet. "I'll take point. We've got plenty of help on the gizmo side of things now, considering that we've got the Doctor and Jim now."

The Neoclassic
2007-11-18, 08:36 PM
Nodding at Sam's words, Sydney will wait for someone else to enter the house before her, still holding Q with one hand and leaving her other free for whatever she may need to grab depending on what occurs inside.

DeathQuaker
2007-11-19, 08:22 AM
"Wait a minute."

Wendy grabs the elbow of the person nearest her (probably Sam). She points at the drag marks and the square of grass. [where do the drag marks lead?]

Glawackus
2007-11-19, 01:01 PM
"What on Earth?" Sam mutters, kneeling down to look at the grass.

Knowledge (xenobiology) check to see if the marks are familiar? I'm thinking yes.
[roll0]
Knowledge (earth + life sciences) to see if they're otherwise?
[roll1]

alchemyprime
2007-11-20, 10:33 PM
The drag marks go 0on for about three feet towards the fence, then stop. More marks show up near the front. It's almost as if the thing being dragged was lifted occasionally, but was just a bit too heavy to lift in.

"Sam, if you're sure you want to go in first, let me know. If not, I'll go," the Doctor says. Jim looks to Sam.
"I'd go in first, but Moe went after me first. I've seen him angry. Never saw the guy he was angry at again. Accountant. Seemed like a nice guy, if a bit off..."

DeathQuaker
2007-11-21, 07:47 AM
Wendy nods. "Why don't you go in Sam, but the two of you stay close together? Jim, you and I can guard the rear--we don't know if any 'toys' will be hiding to ambush us, and Sydney [and Martha, if she's in the group] stay in the middle; be ready to drag anyone who's wounded out of the way."

Wendy draws her gun. "There's someone or something down there that sounds like it's in pain. Let's go rescue it, shall we?

OOC:

Not trying to "take over" the party... but Wendy's a field team talker type, and I figure I need to get a sense of how Wendy would roleplay "Coordinate" and "Inspiration" if she needs to activate those abilities in a fight.

Of course if a character feels Wendy's getting bossy, they can take her down a notch IC. I don't mind. :smallsmile:

Glawackus
2007-11-21, 11:01 AM
"Fair enough. Let's go, Doc." Sam says, clearly ready to get going.

The Neoclassic
2007-11-21, 02:43 PM
"Sounds like a plan." Sydney follows Sam and the Doctor into the house, letting them go first but sticking close behind.

alchemyprime
2007-11-25, 12:05 AM
The Doctor nods. He grabs the Sonic Screwdriver and heads in. "Remember those gems from Jon and those bottles from Martha. They might be useful." He uses the Screwdriver on the lock. No click. "Darn, it's deadlocked. Can any of you pick a lock? Or, all else fails, use the Jack method?"

Wendy and Sam only!
Kick in the door is the Jack method.
(OOC: I figured out Giantitp spoiler blocks!)

DeathQuaker
2007-11-25, 06:59 PM
"Sorry. But I'll check a window while you see if you can get the door open. Worse comes to worst I can shoot the lock, but that sort of eliminates the point of stealth."

Pick whatever roll you like best:

Search: [roll0] (remind me I need to put some ranks in this)
Investigate: [roll2]

Glawackus
2007-11-25, 07:03 PM
"All that and it doesn't work on a deadbolt?" Sam asks, amused. The multitool comes out of his pocket again, bits opening and closing until he finally gets a long, skinny rod that he slowly inserts into the door.

Disable Device: [roll0]
If that doesn't work, do I make a Profession (Torchwood) check to kick down the door? :smalltongue:

alchemyprime
2007-11-25, 11:38 PM
(No, Strength check with a synergy from Know(Jack) :smallbiggrin: )

Wendy: There is a window nearby with a simple clasp holding it shut. It leads into a kitchen.

Sam: The multitool doesn't work. All Sam does is scratch the lock and the tool. It looks like a deadbolt, but there seems to be an odd mechanism inside it, pushing far too much force on the frame and the door, making an airtight seal.

(I wonder where Sydney is...)

DeathQuaker
2007-11-26, 07:52 AM
"Doctor, if your screwdriver is 'sonic'.... well, how sonic is it? Is there a way you could make this window shatter into small enough pieces that it wouldn't make much noise? Or... I don't know, I've probably been reading too many comic books."

As for Queenfange, I imagine she's just finishing her Thanksgiving weekend.

Glawackus
2007-11-26, 12:21 PM
"There's some kind of pressure on the door--I can't seem to get it open," Sam says, looking at his multitool with a slightly dismayed expression. "Scratched my Leatherman, too."

The Neoclassic
2007-11-27, 01:04 PM
"I don't suppose the knife the Doctor gave me would do any good." Sydney takes it out and looks at it. "I actually think the sonic screwdriver idea sounds fairly good, could we try that?"

alchemyprime
2007-11-27, 09:19 PM
The Doctor looks at the window. "Well... I could shatter it. But I could also undo the clasp."

The Doctor undoes the clasp with a setting on the sconic screwdriver. "Now, what sort of man uses a clasp for a kitchen window, but deadlock seals his doors?"

Then a bolt of lightning arcs out of the window and hits the Doctor, then jumps from him to Wendy.

Wendy needs a Reflex save.

DeathQuaker
2007-11-27, 09:34 PM
[spoiler]
Reflex: [roll0]

DeathQuaker
2007-11-27, 09:37 PM
((Gonna assume that's a big ol' fail. Gonna assume I'm not dead yet.))

"That's... why... I asked... shatter..."

Wendy falls to the ground, gasping.

The Neoclassic
2007-11-28, 11:59 AM
Sydney rushes over to Wendy, placing Q safely on the ground next to her, and inspects the other woman's injuries.

"Wendy! Are you all right?" Turning to the Doctor, "What was that lightning? Are you hurt as well?"

Glawackus
2007-11-28, 12:27 PM
"Holy--!" Sam yells, throwing himself back as he watches the lightning arc. "Wendy!" he says, quieter this time, looking around the neighborhood again.

Spot and Listen. Sam's got a bad feeling about this.

Is Martha around? The Doctor's a quirky alien and probably doesn't need any heavy medical attention, but I'm guessing things are not looking well for Wendy.

alchemyprime
2007-11-28, 07:18 PM
(Martha was left behind in the TARDIS, remember?)

There are little lights in front of Wendy's eyes, but other than that, she's okay. (You're going to be dazed for a while. I'll let you know when it's over. -1 on attack rolls and skills.)

The Doctor groans. "Ow. I've got a king of all headaches, but I'm okay beyond that. Hm... let me see this thing... there was a ray meant for Elans in here. To Time Lords and humans, it's just a headache. But anyone with psionic talent, not training, would have all of their psionic abilities supressed. However..." the Doctor stands back with everyone else, away from the window. It shatters and a steel plate goes over the pane that broke. "the glass had an odd guilotine in it. I thought no one would proof their house against intrusion from inside, but I guess it knows sonic energy. So, let's see if we can climb in."

(Climb checks everybody. Aid another is totally allowed with this one, as it's just a small climb into the window.)

Glawackus
2007-11-28, 09:10 PM
Sam sees that Wendy appears to be fine, and heads for the window. "Here we go," he says under his breath.

Sure, pick the one roll that I get a negative modifier on. :smalltongue:
Climb: [roll0]

alchemyprime
2007-11-28, 09:39 PM
Sam makes it in.

alchemyprime
2007-11-28, 09:39 PM
Sam makes it in.

DeathQuaker
2007-11-28, 10:09 PM
Wendy pulls herself up with Sydney's assistance, blinking several times, trying to regain her senses. After she recovers slightly:

"...Thank you. No permanent injury, I don't think. Is my nose bleeding? She wipes her face on her sleeve, and then blinks some more. She also checks her belongings to see if they are damaged in any way.

Would this have damaged any electronic equipment she was carrying? Do I need to make a reflex save? That would be cell phone, pen light. I think she left her laptop in the TARDIS.

She sees Sam preparing to climb in.

"Be careful. Go slowly. He could easily have made that trap deadly... if he doesn't want us dead, he may want to do worse with us." She nods again to the drag marks in the grass.

She watches warily, making sure Sam gets in okay, then nods to the sturdy looking store clerk.

"Jim, if you'd be so kind to help me through?"

Glawackus
2007-11-28, 10:16 PM
Sam looks around the room, flicking on his penlight in areas where it seems to be too dark to see.

Search (he won't go beyond whatever room he's in, though--with my luck, I'm probably in the bathroom): [roll2]

alchemyprime
2007-11-28, 10:34 PM
Sam is in the kitchen. There are some appliances, but most seem to be a little high tech for 1940. Even for 2008. The odd moaning sound seems to be coming from the only closed door.

Since the beam used odd tech, it only hurt organic beings. Her stuff is fine.

The Neoclassic
2007-11-29, 09:26 AM
Hesitantly, Sydney tries to clamor up through the window. "Could you give me a hand?" she whispers to Sam once he's made it over, handing him Q and reaching out for his other hand.

If Sam helps her, I get +2 for Aid Another, right? I'll probably need it...

Glawackus
2007-11-29, 12:24 PM
"Come on, I've got you," Sam says, once he's deposited Q on the floor, afraid of the little robot interacting with something and breaking what silence they seem to have.

alchemyprime
2007-12-01, 08:32 PM
The two of them are in the house. The odd part is the silence. There is no sound but the moaning ceramic sound. The Doctor climbs in, and then so does Jim. Jim waits to help Wendy.

"The odd bit is this..." The Doctor begins to whisper. "He must really have faith in his plan. He must only expect an elan to come and oppose him. Well, I think we need to try to find the Zodar. If I'm right, if we save the Zodar, the Tin Friends shut off. But, then again, I've been wrong before."

Glawackus
2007-12-01, 11:34 PM
"So is our first priority the Zodar, or Moe?" Sam asks, lowering his voice. "In my experience, this sort of thing is best done quickly."

DeathQuaker
2007-12-02, 10:53 AM
I'm gonna assume between Jim and my climb check of 14 I made it in okay

Wendy thanks Jim and brushes herself off as she wiggles through the window. She hears the last bit of conversation, and still feeling a bit woozy, is not inclined to trust the Doctor's judgement.

"I thought our priority was finding the Cog. If we get that it all ends, I bet.

... at any rate, I imagine all that we're aiming for is in the basement.

... And I do recall we are to try diplomacy with the Zodar first, if we encounter him."

alchemyprime
2007-12-02, 11:30 AM
"Save the Zodar, retreive the Cog if it is here, and get rid of Moe. How do we get in that door there? I was thinking that I unlock it and then either Sam or Wendy go down first." The Doctor seemed frazzled every time the screeching ceramic noise is made.
Jim looks at Sydney and Q. "Maybe Q should go down first... he's a Tin Friend, it would make sense that if he were 'damaged' he'd come to Moe... so, Q goes down, Moe wonders what's up, and bam! Q zaps him! I mean, if he can zap like the ray guns on those other Tin Friends and Tin Buddies. Makes sense they'd be uniform."

Jim thinks again. "Of course, he wouldn't expect to see me. I was in the store. If not for Wendy, I'd be dead. So maybe he THINKS I'm dead..."

Jim points at the two closed doors. "The one on the left is the radio room. Just a sitting room for hearing radio plays and songs and such. The one on the right is his basement. Never been down there, but it's big. I can guarentee it."

Jim looks to Sam. "But you're some sort of FBI agent or something, like Miss Wendy. Secret organization Codenamed "Torchwood", eh? What'd you two think?"

Sydney only in box.

Sydney's phone does three sharp vibrations, signalling a text. The screen reads "Syd- Stnd 2 Molan's rght. I kno whch 1 he is. Blind in rght eye. Tell Mr. TW, but not Dr. or Ms. TW. I want 2 see a Tin Friend upon retrn. Save Zodar, find Cog. Is in house sumwhere. Use blu gem on Mr. TW if fighting. TTYL. Jon."