doliest
2007-10-04, 08:29 PM
Ok, I have a couple of different ones for this& they are-

Howlers VS Empire

Yeerk Empire VS Empire

Andilites VS Empire,

So any arguements?
Lets see what who has-
Howlers-They can wipe out large amounts of troops just by howling, and on the ground just kick a** out of anything, even jedi most likely, they seem to have decently powerful shis since they wiped out a species given powers by what is basically a god, and are masters of biological warfare.
Yeerk Empire-They don't seem anyware near star wars in size or power, but would be next to undetectable spys, considering force mind reading seems pretty weak(Sidous fooled them, nough' said.)So I think could just MAKE the empire surrender.
Andilites, I think if they fought defensively, they would probably slaughter the empire, just because its generally a taken that if anything shows up at their home planet, it can't move fifty miles without hitting some major defensive weapon.
Empire-I don't have to explain, just say-Major ships, lots of them, lots of soldiers(who can't hit anything:smallwink: ).

LordVader
2007-10-04, 08:30 PM
Star Wars jumps in, nukes their entire fleet with thermonuclear-yield turbolasers, and leaves. GG.

This is no contest.

Serpentine
2007-10-04, 11:46 PM
The Emperor was Visser Two! It all makes sense now.

averagejoe
2007-10-04, 11:51 PM
Howlers would rediculously own the Empire. The Andilites probably wouldn't have a great chance, although there isn't a great basis for comparing their ships/weapons, plus the Andilites are just cooler, so they get points for that. I recall Ax once mentioning that the blade ship had weapons powerful enough to glass Earth, and that (as I understood) was more of a light cruiser than a heavy capitol ship. The Yeerks are kind of an interesting case. I could see them slowly and subtley taking over the empire without a huge show of force.

Eita
2007-10-05, 12:00 AM
You do realize that Imperial ships are so much faster then all of their ships? The Empire has FTL. The Animorph races have to depend on a fickle alternate universe.

averagejoe
2007-10-05, 12:15 AM
You do realize that Imperial ships are so much faster then all of their ships? The Empire has FTL. The Animorph races have to depend on a fickle alternate universe.

Well, to be fair, no one working on the original trilogy seemed to know... well, physics, which later lead to rampant retconning.

Anyways, so what? Then the Empire could run away from the howlers before dying, and the Yeerk battles are not won and lost in space.

Eita
2007-10-05, 12:16 AM
Well, to be fair, no one working on the original trilogy seemed to know... well, physics, which later lead to rampant retconning.

Anyways, so what? Then the Empire could run away from the howlers before dying, and the Yeerk battles are not won and lost in space.

True.

Err... Are the Howlers the Andilites with mouths..?

Yeah. But first a ship needs to find them first. I'm pretty sure they'd notice a Yeerk ship or a Yeerk infestation. Okay, maybe not an infestation.

Serpentine
2007-10-05, 12:25 AM
Andalites with mouths?:smallconfused: No, I think they're the ones... I can't remember very well, but they had skin like cooled lava, a powerful screech, and, umm... turned out to basically be children, that are just playing, and are killed off before they reach adulthood

Eita
2007-10-05, 12:40 AM
Uhh... How do they reproduce then..?

Serpentine
2007-10-05, 12:42 AM
If I recall correctly, they're not so much reproduced, as produced. In a factory. Or something. It's been a while...

Eita
2007-10-05, 12:43 AM
What books were they in?

Serpentine
2007-10-05, 12:44 AM
I'll see.
>scurries off to look<

26: The Attack

Eita
2007-10-05, 12:48 AM

Feth.

I sold that one years ago at a garage sale.

averagejoe
2007-10-05, 12:58 AM
Howlers were the super-awsome killing machines who could kill you by yelling loud or any of a hundred other ways that involved knives/guns/retractable claws. They react faster than you, are stronger than you, and we've seen one regenerate a hand. (Geez, I can't believe I remember all this. Well, that was an awsome book.) Just one of them beat (or, depending on how you look at it, fought to a draw) all six of the main characters without breaking a sweat, and that was even with him just kind of watching with interest as he let them morph and get all nice and ready.

Eita
2007-10-05, 01:05 AM
Okay then. How good are their ships?

averagejoe
2007-10-05, 01:10 AM
*shrug* good enough, I suppose, considering they were equipped by a godlike being. Honestly it never really came up.

There really wasn't any heavily-featured ships in the whole of the series that I can remember. Most of it was just like, "They were firing at each other and one of them was losing," without giving any idea of scale. The blade ship being able to fry earth was the only place I really heard mention of such things. I kind of remember that in The Andelite Chronicles, Elfangor mentioned that the Andelite capitol ship's (forget the name) main shredders could "blow chunks off planets," but I could easily be misremembering, and it could have been a turn of phrase anyways.

Edit: Presumably the Andelites and Yeerks were on a comperable scale, but Howlers are a big unknown in that reguard. Presumably they were fairly advanced, since they killed the creators of Erik and the other chee (whose names I can't spell), but admittedly those guys were pretty peace lovin', so they aren't exactly a great gauge for that sort of thing.

Eita
2007-10-05, 01:15 AM
Right then. If their ships sucks, the Empire kills them.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-05, 01:18 AM
Howlers also had some sort of Universal Memory Pool thingey which could have data dumped into it by morphing into one of them.

Needlessy to say, this was an extremly cheesey loophole/exploit which the protaginists used to defeat them.
If it weren't for the plot armor, all the pros would have lost -and died - round one.

Serpentine
2007-10-05, 01:20 AM
In space, yeah, they probably would've lost. But get them on the ground... naaaasty.

averagejoe
2007-10-05, 01:32 AM
In space, yeah, they probably would've lost. But get them on the ground... naaaasty.

That's the problem, though; we have no idea at all about the howlers, and little idea when it comes to Yeerks or Andelites. The Yeerks can offset this somewhat by infiltrating/stealing empire ships, but otherwise there isn't anything solid to base how space battles would go. I would conjecture that the Ani-verse fighters are more powerful than x-wings or ties, simply because their weaponry seemed to be on a comperable level to the capitol ships, plus it was mentioned in that one where they stole a bug fighter than the controls were somewhat thought responsive, making them better in terms of reaction and control. In fact, the fighters in general seemed to be more self-sustaining and robust than in Star Wars, but that's still just conjecture, and we have no idea how their capitol ships would fair against each other in combat. I can say with confidence that a lone howler could take out several platoons of stormtroopers without much trouble, and that the morphing abilities of andelites make them extraordinary at infiltration/infantry mobility, but in space it's anyone's guess.

Unless anyone has better information on ani-verse ships, it might be useful to simply consider the two technologies on par with one another. If andelite capitol ships truly could "blow chunks off planets," then imperial ships would go down in just about one hit, but I've gotten a bit sick of one side winning simply because the authors decided to make their ships arbitrarily powerful.

Eita
2007-10-05, 01:37 AM
That's the problem, though; we have no idea at all about the howlers, and little idea when it comes to Yeerks or Andelites. The Yeerks can offset this somewhat by infiltrating/stealing empire ships, but otherwise there isn't anything solid to base how space battles would go. I would conjecture that the Ani-verse fighters are more powerful than x-wings or ties, simply because their weaponry seemed to be on a comperable level to the capitol ships, plus it was mentioned in that one where they stole a bug fighter than the controls were somewhat thought responsive, making them better in terms of reaction and control. In fact, the fighters in general seemed to be more self-sustaining and robust than in Star Wars, but that's still just conjecture, and we have no idea how their capitol ships would fair against each other in combat. I can say with confidence that a lone howler could take out several platoons of stormtroopers without much trouble, and that the morphing abilities of andelites make them extraordinary at infiltration/infantry mobility, but in space it's anyone's guess.

Unless anyone has better information on ani-verse ships, it might be useful to simply consider the two technologies on par with one another. If andelite capitol ships truly could "blow chunks off planets," then imperial ships would go down in just about one hit, but I've gotten a bit sick of one side winning simply because the authors decided to make their ships arbitrarily powerful.

Star Wars fighters are cannon fodder. The cap ships are the big show.

That was most likely hyperbole.

Serpentine
2007-10-05, 01:39 AM
Well, we know one of them (or part of one?) can last indefinitely at the bottom of the ocean, as well as the vacuum of space... that's a start?

Eita
2007-10-05, 01:40 AM
So they have either really good armor, or they weren't at crush depth.

(talking about ani-verse ships, right?)

Serpentine
2007-10-05, 01:43 AM
Yep. And I think it was at least deep enough to crush a human... not necessarily saying that much, though.

LordVader
2007-10-05, 06:31 AM
Unless they can shrug off a rain of thermonuclear blasts, they're in trouble.:smalltongue:

doliest
2007-10-05, 07:10 AM
Um, the part that survived at the bottom was basically an andilite glass dome, which means their ships are probably made of even stronger stuff.

Dhavaer
2007-10-05, 07:31 AM
Andalite Dome Ships are the ones quoted as able to blow chunks off a planet. If this is at all accurate, that might put them close to an Eclipse Class Star Destroyer.
Ani-verse fighters seem to be closer in power to capital ships; A Blade Ship + Pool Ship is a threat to a Dome Ship, and an andalite fighter (do they have a name? I can't remember.) is at least somewhat a threat to a Blade Ship (Elfangor defeated a Blade Ship with a fighter in the Andalite Chronicles, didn't he?).

Dome Ships seem to be cream of the crop, with the possible exception of Yeerk Empire Ships, of which we've only seen one, and I don't think it ever did anything.
Ani-verse stealth seems pretty good; the Yeerks can keep a presence in orbit around Earth without humans noticing.
Zero space travel seems odd; you can go faster than light there, but you're still affected by time dilation, unless I'm remembering the Andalite Chronicles wrong (Elfangor tells Lauren why they can't go all the way from Mars to Earth at Maximum Burn).

Ani-verse ships seem superior to their SW equivalents, but the Empire have numbers and speed on their side. They are also more able to replace their losses. I'd say the Empire would face a lot of losses, but would eventually win.

2007-10-05, 10:20 AM
(Elfangor tells Lauren why they can't go all the way from Mars to Earth at Maximum Burn).

As I recall it, that wasn't in Z-Space. They sropped out of Z-Space close to Mars because its hard to navigate well while in Z-Space so they have to come out within a solar system or somehwere near there and then travel towards their target via engines i.e: Maximum burn.

They had to go slowly to try and not mess with time to much. But thats because they were in normal space, not Z-Space.

averagejoe
2007-10-05, 07:11 PM
Point is, pretty much any alien in the ani-verse is way cooler than every alien in the SW verse put together, so ani-verse guys win. :smallbiggrin: