PDA

View Full Version : Fatbelly 2: The Baroness' Revenge! Game Started



Pages : [1] 2 3

banjo1985
2007-10-05, 08:50 AM
Fatbelly 2: The Baroness’ Revenge!


Hello and welcome to the second Fatbelly competition, the Revenge of the Baroness!

As you walk up the bricked path of the former Barons mansion, those of you that have competed before notice that the mansion and grounds have gone through huge changes since the last competition. The formerly overgrown and rambling gardens have been clipped and cut back into regimented rows. The mansions slightly grubby façade has been cleaned with military precision, and everything looks more organised. The biggest change is that it all seems much less welcoming than before, the neatness of it makes it seem rather sterile.

When you get to the doors there is no one to greet you, and the banqueting hall inside is empty, the banqueting table that filled the room has gone. You stand there alone for about 20 seconds until the clicking of heels on flagstones tells you that the Baroness is on her way. She walks through the doors and surveys this year’s competitors; she looks her usual severe self in a grey suit and hair tied up in a tight bun.

“Some of you I know, some of you I’ve never seen before, to all of you I say welcome to my first Baroness Fatbelly Eating Contest since my dolt of a husband cooked himself at the end of the last one.”

“As I am now in charge of things, there are going to be a number of changes for the new competition, so that it…reflects my own image.”

The Baroness smiles as she says this last line, a thin smile too full of teeth and menace to be comforting.

“I’m warning you now; this competition is not going to be a walk in the park like the last one, eating as much as you please. This will be about outlasting the rest through trickery and skill, but the rewards are great indeed. This is your last chance to back out…are you up to this years Fatbelly contest?”

The Rules

1 – All players begin with 5 Munchies and a special ability detailed below.

2 – Each round I will announce the food up for grabs. The food will result in either a reduction or increase in Munchies. Each round will last 2-3 days depending on people posting their actions and how much time I have.

3 - The competition will go on for 12 rounds; the winner will be whoever has most Munchies at the end of Round 12.

4 – When the food is announced the players have a number of options to choose from. This will usually include:

- Eat the food
- Refuse the food
- Offer it to someone else (that someone doesn’t have to accept, you can then offer it to someone else or refuse it.)

There will also be other options from round to round. All these actions are posted on the thread; they are NOT PM’d to me, EXCEPT for certain special actions & abilities that will be described below.

5 – If you have a portion offered to you, you should post your answer in the thread. If you don’t post I’ll assume you accepted the food, however I will be lenient when someone offers food just before the round ends.

6 – Before posting the next course I will announce the results of the previous round complete with current Munchie totals.

7 – When a player drops to negative Munchies they’re out of the game (a much more likely occurrence than the previous game).

8 – Non posters will lose 2 Munchies per missed round, but will not be timed out until they hit negative Munchies or request to leave the game.

9 – Random events are certain to appear from time to time with special rules that will be explained when the time comes.

10 – Again I will try and come up with some spiffy trophies and participation images for those who take part.

Stealing

Credit goes to Castaras for giving me this idea! Fatbelly competitors now have the chance to steal food from other people! Each player begins the game with 3 steals, and can use one per round to take another persons food for themselves. This action should be PM’d to me. The victim will not know who stole their food, but the number of steals people have left will be displayed in each rounds results, so you could be found out.

Even if the victim has already passed food on or refused it, the steal takes effect, basically the steal overrides the victim’s action for the round.

Special Abilities

All Fatbelly participants start with one of the following abilities, which will be assigned randomly before the game begins:

Heightened Senses – When someone steals from you, you know who did it! (Automatic ability – no PM needed)

Secret Stash – You have a secret stash of food you can eat instead of a particular course. You have 2 portions and they give you +1 Munchie, so they’re useful when you don’t fancy a course.

Precognition – Once during the game you can use this ability to know what affect the next course will have on your Munchies, and you can react accordingly. Note this can only be used once!

Cannibalism – When someone is down to 2 Munchies or less, you can send a PM to me saying that you are going to feed on them while they’re weak for a +5 Munchie bonus! Unfortunately the target gets taken out of the game...but what do you care! It's also your action for the round, so you can't eat the course on offer, even if your victim has Martial Training and kicks your butt. You can only use this ability once in the game, and other competitors will then know you have no further ability. (In honour of Orzels servant eating exploits in the last game!)

Martial Training – If someone tries to cannibalise you, you beat the hell out of them, negating the attempt and hurting the attacker for -2 Munchies. (Automatic ability, no PM needed)


I hope the new rules make sense, I’ve tried to explain them as best as I can, but if anyone has any questions post here during recruitment and I will answer.

So sign up if your interested in the new rules, which I hope will make it a bit more tactical than last time. I think I’ll cap the game at 30 participants again, and recruitment will run until we have that many. Once this is done I will PM you with your abilities and post up the first course!

Come on, try and take Ezlo’s crown!

Previous Winners
Baron Fatbelly – Ezlo

Surviving Players 21/33

Dragonprime - Fell to his death Round 1
Atreyu the Masked Llama - Consumed by Orzel Round 6
Terumitsu - Thrown out of the window Round 4
DarkLightDragon
Almighty Salmon
Radikalskippy - Consumed by Khaldan & Fleeing Coward Round 11
Korias
Stu42
Raiser B1ade
HyramGraff - Stretchered out Round 3
Ezlo
Androgial - Stretchered out Round 3
Zar Peter
Onasuma
CurlyKitGirl
Artemis97
Smellie Hippie
Thanatos5150 - Taken away Round 5
Helgraf
North
Therarde - Stretchered out Round 3
Castaras
Huyneo - Stretchered out Round 3
Seftsirag - Stretchered out Round 3
Pingcode20
Lord Fullbladder
Khaldan
Fleeing Coward
Mr Edward Nigma
Akaziel - Consumed by Mr Edward Nigma Round 3
Orzel
Evnafets - Consumed by Raiser B1ade Round 3
Whitehelm

DraPrime
2007-10-05, 08:55 AM
I'm very in.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-05, 09:07 AM
Feed the llama!!!


Will the special abilities be assigned at random or do we choose?

banjo1985
2007-10-05, 09:10 AM
They will be assigned at random, but they will be assigned equally, so if I get the full 25 players then 5 players will have each ability. I'll edit the first post to clarify this.

Terumitsu
2007-10-05, 09:13 AM
Looks fun... Why not?
Sign me up

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-05, 09:14 AM
Me wants in! I muchly enjoyed watching the last round!

CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD!

:smallbiggrin:

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-05, 09:31 AM
Count me in! Last one was great!

Hopefully there will be no serving of salmon this time.

Skippy
2007-10-05, 09:36 AM
I'm in this time. I saw the last one and was funny.

Korias
2007-10-05, 09:53 AM
Was that Cannibalism Idea from Orzel? He ate two of the Baron's servants last game.

Either way, Now I need to figure out who to pass my food to...

Studoku
2007-10-05, 09:56 AM
I'll play.

banjo1985
2007-10-05, 10:04 AM
Was that Cannibalism Idea from Orzel? He ate two of the Baron's servants last game.


Yes it was, but I'd forgotten who did it and hadn't checked back through the old thread. I've now put a mention in for him!

Raiser Blade
2007-10-05, 10:08 AM
I are in.

filler

HyramGraff
2007-10-05, 10:48 AM
I'd like to join.

Freshmeat
2007-10-05, 11:06 AM
Count me in out.

(trying to avoid committing myself to too much games here)

Ezlo
2007-10-05, 11:23 AM
I'm not going to win this round, but I'm hungry! I'm in!:smallsmile:

androgial
2007-10-05, 11:38 AM
what only once but i was kicked out of the kobold community for cannabalism..errrrr im in

Zar Peter
2007-10-05, 11:42 AM
In please! I'm hungry!

onasuma
2007-10-05, 12:36 PM
Im so in, im out. (Im actually in though)

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-05, 12:37 PM
Inism-isms are eagerly being expressed pertaining to consuming goods.

Artemis97
2007-10-05, 02:00 PM
Sign me up for round two!:smallbiggrin:

smellie_hippie
2007-10-05, 02:11 PM
*smellie_hippie rolls his less than significant girth in for the eating competition*

Y'all remember how well Shaggy use to pack it away on Scooby Doo? I'm Shaggy's teacher... :smallamused:

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-05, 02:25 PM
Very, very, in.

Helgraf
2007-10-05, 03:07 PM
In. Oh yes.

North
2007-10-05, 03:28 PM
Even though I finished dead last in the previous game Im in again!

Therarde
2007-10-05, 03:45 PM
Aw man, the last round looked awesome. Definitely in this time.

Castaras
2007-10-05, 04:16 PM
In.

And can I set a template to eat whatever is put in front of me in case I forget?

huyneo
2007-10-05, 04:50 PM
totally in

Korias
2007-10-05, 04:55 PM
*smellie_hippie rolls his less than significant girth in for the eating competition*

Y'all remember how well Shaggy use to pack it away on Scooby Doo? I'm Shaggy's teacher... :smallamused:

Good. Now I know who to pass my food to.

Seft Sirag
2007-10-05, 06:46 PM
If there's any space left, and you'll take first-time SMBGers, I'm in too. Reading the last thread was fun.

pingcode20
2007-10-05, 06:48 PM
I want in this time!

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-10-05, 06:53 PM
The Fullbladder, he is in. He also got an upgrade (or a downgrade, depending on whether you consider fuel-efficiency or sheer metallic height), so he can actually fit in the chairs at the table.

Khaldan
2007-10-05, 08:56 PM
in. blarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-06, 05:31 AM
Looks like it's over the 25 limit but if there's going to be an increase in the number of players allowed, I'm in.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-06, 06:24 AM
MrEdwardNigma returns for the next eating contest.
"Ha! I haven't even taken off my belt yet! Bring it, baroness!"

banjo1985
2007-10-06, 09:44 AM
Right well that's 29 participants so far! I'm very surprised by the popularity, so I'm taking the player limit up to 30, so that everyone who's expressed an interest can play!

So there is one space left, first come first served. I'll get the spreadsheet set up this weekend and hopefully get the first round started on Monday!

PM's with your abilities will be sent either tomorrow or Monday depending on my other commitments. This will also act as your reminder that the game is starting!

Still one space left so anyone is welcome....Orzel, come back and do some more of your cannibalistic exploits! :smallbiggrin:

Akaziel
2007-10-06, 02:38 PM
I'm in. I have to apologize to anyone that was expecting Orzel, but this looks like so much fun!

banjo1985
2007-10-07, 07:23 AM
Okay that's it, sign ups are closed!

I have randomly assigned your special abilities and will be sending PMs out this afternoon hopefully.

The first round will be posted here Monday morning (GMT)

EDIT PM's have been sent to all. However, I've never used the BCC function before, so if anyone got to see who else had the same ability they did then PM me and I'll reassign roles tomorrow.

Orzel
2007-10-07, 07:57 PM
Darn Missed The sign ups. My grandpa died so I've not been here much.

I give my blessing to Castaras.
May your stomach not turn.

Korias
2007-10-07, 08:10 PM
Can we petition for Orzel to be in this? His cannibalism was what made the final round funny at the end.

evnafets
2007-10-07, 08:19 PM
Nooooooo! How did I miss seeing this thread earlier?

(sneaks into the Baroness' kitchen carrying a large green bottle with a skull and crossbones on it)

Artemis97
2007-10-07, 11:27 PM
If we get a few more people to sign up cn we get Orzel to come too? I mean you can't have a round two without being able to beat the returning champ! with Orzel and Evnafets, we only need three more to even it up again.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-10-07, 11:52 PM
Ezlo's already signed up, lassie. He's the reigning champ.

Artemis97
2007-10-08, 12:38 AM
*blinks* Curse you anagrams!

onasuma
2007-10-08, 01:13 AM
Its not an anagram. Its missing the "r"

Also, having recieved my power, dont other people think canabalismis overpowered? Being able to wait til the last round then kill the leader seems a bit to hard.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-08, 01:32 AM
Cannabalised targets have to be running low on munchies, so you can't attack the leader. Also,your target just might have martial arts.

banjo1985
2007-10-08, 04:37 AM
Yes like Thanatos said, you can only target someone witha cannibalise attempt when they are at 2 Munchies or lower. One of the things I'm looking for in this round is whether the abilities are balanced, so that I know whether things need changing for Fatbelly 3.

...Aw hell, go on then Orzel and Evnafets, you two are in too! I'll send you your abilities so you can join in the first round. Popular demand seems to require it! :smallsmile:

The first round will start within the hour.

banjo1985
2007-10-08, 04:46 AM
Round 1!

The Baroness waits to see if anyone will back out, she smiles wryly when everyone stands firm.

“Okay then. Follow me to your lodgings for the duration of the contest.”

The Baroness leads you through the interior of the Fatbelly mansion, up spiralling staircases and endless corridors that seem to get dustier and dustier the further you go. Eventually she stops outside a set of cracked wooden doors, in part of the mansion that looks like it hasn’t been used for years. The Baroness throws open the doors, revealing a bland dormitory style room, bunk beds arrayed up both sides and a long battered table stretching down the middle. The windows are barred and dirty, and the dull cream walls are peeling and stained. It’s definitely a far cry from the opulent surroundings of the Barons competition.

“I thought more….modest surroundings might focus your minds on the more primal nature of the new contest. Let me just bring out the opening course.”

The baroness points at the table, and the first course appears in a splash of light and colours. It appears that as well as being an A-grade nasty, the Baroness must also be a skilled conjurer.

You eye up the first course mistrustfully. It seems to consist of a slice of hard looking crusty bread and a cup of bubbling green liquid, which smells rather like swamp water. You turn to ask the Baroness whether she’s serious, but she’s already disappeared, though she couldn’t have had the time to go down the full length of the corridor.

You’re left with the bread and bubbling water, do you eat and drink, either, or neither?

Options

Eat the bread & drink the water
Eat the bread and offer up or refuse the water
Drink the water and offer up or refuse the bread
Offer both portions to other people
Refuse both items

Please remember – Any steals, precognitions or secret stash actions should be PM’d to me before the round ends. Speaking of that, the first round will end around 10.00am (GMT) Wednesday morning.

androgial
2007-10-08, 04:51 AM
eat drink and be merry after all cant be worse than the stuff i grew up on drink the green bubbleup and eat the rainbow stew breadbowl

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-08, 04:52 AM
"Well," The shady, cloaked figure known as Thanatos remarked as he looked upon his bread and swamp water.
"This is going to be an interesting contest."

With that, he drew down his cloak's hood, sat cross-legged on the floor, dipped his bread into the water (to soften it up, you see), and contemplatively consumed the meal set before him.

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-08, 04:55 AM
The Salmon takes his seat, looking around for his arch enemy from last time. Fleeing Coward.

"Ah well, what doesn't kill you.."

I Eat the bread & drink the water.

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-08, 05:15 AM
DLD stares suspiciously at the water for a long time before deciding to get it over with and eating the whole meal.

Orzel
2007-10-08, 05:31 AM
I'm back baby!

*punches a servant*

I Eat the bread & refuse the water.

Who drinks at the start of the meal?

pingcode20
2007-10-08, 05:33 AM
Pingcode puts on his headset and dips the probe dangling off it into the water, then into the bread.

"Hmm... no microchips, no electrical signal, no radio signal... Seems a little bland, but okay. The liquid looks kinda funny, I wonder what it does..."

Drink the liquid only and refuse the bread.

EDIT: Alright, modified.

huyneo
2007-10-08, 06:02 AM
eat and drink the bread and water

banjo1985
2007-10-08, 06:03 AM
Just a reminder folks, if you are eating only one part of the meal please specify if you are refusing the other part or offering it up to another competitor.

e.g. I eat the bread and offer the bubbling muck to Zar Peter

Also remember that if you are offered something, you should post saying whether you accept or refuse the offer.

Seft Sirag
2007-10-08, 06:07 AM
Seftsirag studies both bread and water. After a short time, he deems the bread edible, the drink less so. However, because he's a frog, and this happens to be a horrendously dry, dusty place, he consumes Both in short succession, taking the water purely because he's desperate for liquids.

Korias
2007-10-08, 06:40 AM
Korias shoves the food in the direction of Andre Fairchilde (Whoops! Hes not in this!) Artemis97

Artemis97
2007-10-08, 07:02 AM
I'll Eat the Bread and Refuse the Water.

She's awful serious about getting rid of us isn't she? I mean some of the Baron's stuff was gross, but at least it was creative. Bread and water? In this setting? My friends, I believe we are prisoners.

Castaras
2007-10-08, 07:23 AM
Eating both the water and the bread.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-08, 07:24 AM
Looks like the Salmon's here again. Let's hope the Baroness' food can do a better job in finishing of the fish.

Care to take a few more portions of this food good sir?

Offers both bread and water to Almighty Salmon.

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-08, 07:58 AM
I'll accept your offer. But don't think i've forgiven you for forcing all that Salmon down my throat last year!

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-08, 08:00 AM
"Prisoners we may be, but it was our choice to come here. The Baroness did seem upset that her husband had died." Thanatos contemplates aloud and he chews his soggy bread. "Though I can't imagine the marriage, one as conservative as her, and one as grandiose as the Baron was."

Skippy
2007-10-08, 08:05 AM
I will drink the water and give the bread to Castaras

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-08, 09:31 AM
The wizard looks down at his meal.
"This is not by far what I expected. The baroness will have to try harder to live up to the culinary standards set by her huspand, I'm afraid. Hmmmm, I can still taste that lovely salmon dish, pure heaven! Either way, this stuff is going down the drain!". MrEdwardNigma crosses his arms and refuses both dishes.

Ezlo
2007-10-08, 10:36 AM
Hmmm... I seriously doubt it that a dish could kill you in the first round so: Eat it all.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-10-08, 10:46 AM
Fullbladder proceeds to devour everything in front of him with mechanical efficiency.

Helgraf
2007-10-08, 11:09 AM
Eat it all, but refuse any servings offered to me, if any are.

onasuma
2007-10-08, 11:19 AM
I eats it all, along with anything im offered.

whitehelm
2007-10-08, 12:49 PM
I eat the bread and pass the water to Smellie Hippie.


What's that you say? I'm not playing??

In that case I upend a bowl over Hippie's head!

The Prankster* strikes again!!!





*See Camp Sleeps-A-Lot

HyramGraff
2007-10-08, 02:41 PM
I eat the bread and pass the water to Korias.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-08, 03:10 PM
((Pulsating headache, RP whenevr I can))

Eat the lot. Refuse any offered to me for now.

Therarde
2007-10-08, 03:33 PM
Wow...this place...isn't good. Therarde looks down at the food. Neither does that. Oh well. He takes both and claims one of the beds. Top bunk!

Studoku
2007-10-08, 05:19 PM
I'll prod the soup with the bread, just to make sure it's dead. Then, barring any living soup related injuries, I'll eat both.

Korias
2007-10-08, 05:20 PM
Just to be safe, I'm going to refuse all passes to me. I like my munchies where they are.

evnafets
2007-10-08, 05:32 PM
I'll just have the bread thank you.
This empty jar? Yes it is a nice skull and crossbones on it. I did it myself.
Go ahead pingcode - you want the water?

eats bread
offers liquid to pingcode

Khaldan
2007-10-08, 06:23 PM
Eats everything put in front of him

pingcode20
2007-10-08, 09:02 PM
Refuse the water

One glass of questionable liquid is enough for me.

Terumitsu
2007-10-08, 09:31 PM
Terumitsu eats both the bread and drinks the water and then tosses the glass at the mechanical monstrosity known as Fullbladder. Because the vampire WW just wasn't enough...

Raiser Blade
2007-10-09, 12:56 AM
I drink the water and refuse the bread.

Akaziel
2007-10-09, 03:49 AM
Ugh, that stuff looks horrible. It looks so... disgusting. Yuck. Akaziel moans, I'll have the green sludge. He takes the bread and offers it to Khaldan. Just get this messy thing away from me!

Akaziel takes the glass and downs it all in one gulp. Feel free to dump any of your water in my glass. I don't mind.

Zar Peter
2007-10-09, 06:43 AM
Zar Peter looks at his dish.

I think I'll only eat!

Eat the bread and refuse the water!

banjo1985
2007-10-09, 08:13 AM
dragonprime has had to back out of the contest, expect him to leave the mansion in an inane manner in the next update.

That means so far 30/31competitors have posted. Just one left:

North

There are also some unresolved passes:

Khaldan has yet to refuse or accept the bread from Akaziel
Castaras has yet to refuse or accept the bread from Radikalskippy
Artemis97 has yet to refuse or accept the bread and water from Korias (I'm not sure whether you were answering for your own portion or for Korias' as well)

Remember - If you don't post an rejection, I'll assume you accept the offer.

The next round will be up tomorrow morning.

V Ok no problem. At worst he's just going to lose a few Munchies by not posting an action in Round 1, he'll be able to participate still, so he doesn't need to worry too much :smallsmile:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-09, 08:55 AM
The llama bleats in confusion at the lack of a good meal, but he eats and drinks what's in front of him

Hmmm....i think Hippie is out of town, until tomorrow, but I know that he was looking forward to this game. I'll give him a call after work and see what he wants to do.

smellie_hippie
2007-10-09, 09:14 AM
*smellie_hippie ducks reflexively from the watery assault from the non-present whitehelm*

Damn you prankster! *shakes fist* Now, onto business... crusty water and green bread... hmmmmmm. *sips coffee* The elixir of life will always save me.

I'll crunch right through the bread and wash it down with sweet green water.

I hope they have a nice salad next...

OOC: Thanks for the heads up... I'll be more available as soon as I get home this evening. Oh... and you're all going to die. :smallamused:

Artemis97
2007-10-09, 05:43 PM
Whoops, I didn't know he'd passed me food. I suppose I'll eat his bread too, and you know what, that's gonna make me thirsty, I'll drink only one of my glasses of water.

Khaldan
2007-10-09, 06:18 PM
How about this: I will always eat anything put in front of me unless otherwise noted

whitehelm
2007-10-10, 12:54 AM
(Psst..banjo, can I take the place of the guy who left..I already posted an action)

North
2007-10-10, 12:57 AM
Ill dip my bread in my water and eat it.

Castaras
2007-10-10, 02:27 AM
How about this: I will always eat anything put in front of me unless otherwise noted

Likewise .

banjo1985
2007-10-10, 03:43 AM
Round Over!

Many of you look at the meagre fare the Baroness has deemed a worthy first course with blatant distaste. Is she serious? Perplexed, most of you decide to sit down and partake in the bread and swamp water anyway, if it does turn out that you’re prisoners then you reckon it’s sensible to eat food when it’s available. Mr Edward Nigma the Wizard refuses entirely and sits in a huff on a bottom bunk, watching the reactions of the eaters. Castaras gets a couple of portions thrust onto her; most of you decide that one portion is probably safe. Strangely many of you decide that the swamp water looks a better option than the innocent looking bread, deciding to keep to that.

The green swamp water tastes sweet as it slips down your throats, and you begin to feel infused with energy, it feels like a supercharged dose of Red Bull. The bread doesn’t taste of much and isn’t very filling, but it goes down very well coupled with large swigs of the water. Those who only partake in the water find that it just doesn’t give quite the same kick without the bread. Those that went for the bread only fare much worse. Without the water it turns rock hard in your throat almost chocking you, and it’s a real effort to swallow it down. A comical look of confusion passes across Artemis’ face as she sits down to find that the bread and water that was in front of her has been snatched as she spoke.

The poor first course is too much for one competitor. Dragonprime glares at the bread and water, the vein in his forehead pulsing. “What is the meaning of this?! I was promised a meal never to be forgotten! To hell with this!” The irate fighter draws his sword-chuks and bashes a hole one of the barred windows and leaps out. A scream and sudden bump as Dragonprime falls 15 stories echo’s through the room. A short time later a rather different looking man hoists himself up through the window, in a white helmet.

"What was that poor guy doing jumping out a window like that? Especially when there is such fine food on offer."

The man introduces himself as whitehelm and proceeds to eat dragonprimes portion of bread.

Food Effects

Swamp Water and Bread – It’s green and tasty (the colour of Warhammer FRP healing potions!), and the bread goes down well. +2 Munchies.
Swamp Water only – Loses some of its kick, +1 Munchie
Bread only – Turns to rock in your throat, -1 Munchie

Game Effects

Artemis had her food stolen
Dragonprime lept to his death
Whitehelm joined the game (he posted an action so I deemed it fair, though I nullified his pass to Hippie as he wouldn't have chance to react.)

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-10, 03:48 AM
"Mmm, what a lovely first course. Thanks Fleeing Coward!" :smallamused:

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-10, 03:59 AM
Your welcome, just make sure you don't get too low in munchie points or you might find yourself getting eaten :smallbiggrin:

banjo1985
2007-10-10, 04:11 AM
Round 2

Standings
{table=head]Competitor|Steals|Change|Munchies
Akaziel|3|+1|6
Almighty Salmon|3|+4|9
Androgial|3|+2|7
Artemis97|3|+2|7
Atreyu the Masked Llama|3|+2|7
Castaras|2|+3|8
CurlyKitGirl|3|+2|7
DarkLightDragon|3|+2|7
Evnafets|3|-1|4
Ezlo|3|+2|7
Fleeing Coward|3|0|5
Helgraf|3|+2|7
Huyneo|3|+2|7
HyramGraff|3|-1|4
Khaldan|3|+1|6
Korias|3|0|5
Lord Fullbladder|3|+2|7
Mr Edward Nigma|3|0|5
North|3|+2|7
Onasuma|3|+2|7
Orzel|3|-1|4
Pingcode20|3|+1|6
Radikalskippy|3|+1|6
Raiser B1ade|3|+1|6
Seftsirag|3|+2|7
Smellie Hippie|3|+2|7
Stu42|3|+2|7
Terumitsu|3|+2|7
Thanatos5150|3|+2|7
Therarde|3|+2|7
Whitehelm|3|-1|4
Zar Peter|3|-1|4[/table]

The Baroness returns the next morning, after you have spent rather restless nights after Dragonprimes attempted escape. She survey’s the broken window and the many left portions of food and smiles wickedly.

“I know the first course wasn’t too impressive but surely it wasn’t that bad?! Oh well we seem to have a replacement, and the path did need compacting anyway. He could have just walked out the door.”

She chuckles at her own poor humour as she conjures up the next course with a distracted wave of her hand. After the flash of light fades you see a huge barrel in the middle of the table, just like the kind you would get full of gunpowder on a pirate ship. There is no top, and you can here its contents gurgling and hissing busily. As you watch, four tentacles shoot out the barrel, flailing wildly and the gurgling reaches massive levels. The tentacles all look like something from a kraken or squid, but they are four different colours. One is red and rough looking; one is green and dripping with some kind of slime, one is blue and smooth and the last is yellow and covered in blinking red rimmed eyes.

“This is the Mystery Barrel and its ugly keeper. Pick one of tentacles to get a foodstuff from within the barrels multidimensional depths and chow down. Or be a baby and don’t risk it. Makes no difference to me, it’s the only offer of food you’ll get today.”

The Baroness sashays out, leaving you with the waving disgusting monstrosity, sitting in its barrel. As the Baroness said, it’s the only food you’re likely to get, but is it worth the risk?

Options

Take an item from the green tentacle
Take an item from the blue tentacle
Take an item from the yellow tentacle
Take an item from the red tentacle
Refuse to deal with the Mystery Barrel

Note – After taking an item, it is your choice whether you eat it or offer it to another competitor.

Another Note - All steal actions and uses of special abilities should be PM'd to me as normal.

The round will end Friday morning (GMT)

Good Eating!

androgial
2007-10-10, 04:20 AM
the self proclaimed canibalistic kobold imediately takes an item from the yellow tentacle with blinking red eyes and eats it

"oooo i do love mystery barrel surprise meals maybe ill get lucky this time and get kraken kabobs"

Seft Sirag
2007-10-10, 04:31 AM
The small frog ponders its options for a long while, before flicking its tongue out, taking something from the Green Tentacle and swallowing it.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-10, 04:47 AM
Thanatos sashays up to the yellow tentacle.

"So, Red Eyes, come around here often?" He jokes feebly.
"You Know, Yellow is typically used as a color to represent Air and/or knowledge. How about I pick your knowledgable self to recieve an item from?"

Orzel
2007-10-10, 05:15 AM
Orzel hopes for lamb
I choose the blue tentacle and eats the food it gets.

pingcode20
2007-10-10, 05:24 AM
"This is new." muses Pingcode, keeping his headset on.

"Contestant's log, round two. We've encountered an odd kraken in a barrel. I'm going to try the blue tentacle."

smellie_hippie
2007-10-10, 06:26 AM
*smellie_hippie glares at whitehelm* I won't forget the trouble you caused at my camp...

In the meantime... green seemed to go pretty well last time, sooooo......

*smellie_hippie grabs a piece from the slimy green tentacle, and eats it. If the tentacle doesn't pull away fast enough... I'll bite it too. :smallamused: *

Artemis97
2007-10-10, 06:49 AM
Artemis sighs and looks down at the rumbling tummy, a whole day without food because some decided to take he plate. She tries to coerce the red tentacle to give her food, all the while hoping it's something tasty, like cookies or pie.

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-10, 07:05 AM
*DLD hisses and refuses to go near the barrel*

That's disgusting! I prefer knowing what I eat rather than taking pot luck from... things!"

Studoku
2007-10-10, 07:12 AM
I'm going to try and cut a piece off the blue tentacle and eat that.

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-10, 07:32 AM
Hmmm.. I'll take the green Tentacle."

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-10, 07:45 AM
Want a Blue Tentacle to add to your green landfish?

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-10, 07:48 AM
"Ehh? No thanks. You can keep it..

And don't call me 'Landfish'" :smalltongue:

Ezlo
2007-10-10, 09:03 AM
I'm more thirsty than anything. I'll be asking Ms. Red Tentacle what's good to drink around these here parts. I'll also ask if I can buy her one if she's thirsty as well.

Skippy
2007-10-10, 09:11 AM
I choose the blue tentacle and I will eat whatever it gives me.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-10, 09:15 AM
I choose the yellow tentacle.

Castaras
2007-10-10, 09:39 AM
I take all the stuff I can from the blue tentacle.

And I will eat anything people give me. :smallsmile:

Zar Peter
2007-10-10, 10:20 AM
I'll take and eat the red tentakle

Terumitsu
2007-10-10, 10:24 AM
Hmm.. I recall that animal eyes are considered a delecasy in a forign land... And this is indeed forign... I guess I will Eat one of the eyes on the yellow tentacle. Or take from it if it won't give it up.... And I will only accept people's stuff if it is from the blue tentical.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-10, 10:27 AM
I'll take food from the blue tentacle.
Accept food from anyone as well.

HyramGraff
2007-10-10, 10:47 AM
I shall take food from the Yellow tentacle and eat it.

onasuma
2007-10-10, 11:07 AM
I take from the red tentacle and eat it.

Korias
2007-10-10, 11:49 AM
Korias takes from the Blue Tentacle and passes to Smellie Hippie.

((Template for me: Pass everything to Smellie Hippie))

Helgraf
2007-10-10, 11:59 AM
The red tentacle is rough, therefore has the best gripping surface and can best transport food safely. Therefore I shall request from it.

I shall accept food offered me if it comes from the red tentacle or the blue tentacle, but shall refuse food offers that come from the yellow or green tentacles' efforts.

whitehelm
2007-10-10, 12:29 PM
I'm not much for randomness...I take food from the green tentacle and give it to Korias, and do not eat any food offered.

smellie_hippie
2007-10-10, 01:00 PM
Korias takes from the Blue Tentacle and passes to Smellie Hippie.

((Template for me: Pass everything to Smellie Hippie))

Mmmmmm... why thank you! Blue is part of Green you know...

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-10, 01:14 PM
"The green goo tasted like Red Bull did it? Wow, I'm glad I didn't drink that..." the wizard says, and then he notices the barrel.
"Tentacles in a barrel, eh? I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be monkeys, but all right".
He then gazes at the different tentacles.
"Well, I'll trust a mysterious tentacled creature from another dimension over dry bread and goo any day. I'll just have some of what the blue tentacle has to offer"

huyneo
2007-10-10, 02:49 PM
I take the green tentacle and eat it!
Mmmm tasty

Therarde
2007-10-10, 03:34 PM
I guess I'll take whatever the green tentacle has to offer.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-10-10, 04:41 PM
"Fascinating."

Fullbladder unceremoniously takes whatever the blue tentacle has to offer, whilst using a little tricorder built into his arm to determine if any of the tentacles have bones.

He then, of course, shoves the item into his mouth and begins to chew.

evnafets
2007-10-10, 05:11 PM
I'll take (and eat) something from the red yellow tentacle
At least it can see what its giving me.

@V Thank you for pointing out my error.
I think it was because the tentacles were described in one order, but listed in the options in a different order. The yellow one with the eyes was described last, so I chose the last one on the list further down :-)

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-10, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure, evnafets, but I believe that's the yellow tentacle with the eyes you are referring to (which were, if I remember correctly red-rimmed, henceforth the confusion, I suppose).

Khaldan
2007-10-10, 08:34 PM
I eat the red tentacles food

GET CASSIE FOR STEALING FOOD!

Castaras
2007-10-11, 02:28 AM
*whistles innocently*

Me? Why would I do a thing like that? :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-11, 03:41 AM
I'll be eating my blue tentacle food thing since the salmon doesn't want it.

banjo1985
2007-10-11, 05:52 AM
Half way update:

30/32 competitors have entered an action, just waiting for 3 more:

North
Atreyu

There is also one unresolved pass action:

Korias has yet to accept or refuse the green tentacle offered by Whitehelm

If Korias doesn't post, I'll assume he is refusing the offer (based on his tactics across the two games so far!)

The next round will begin Friday morning about 10am (GMT)

Akaziel
2007-10-11, 06:01 AM
Ohcrapohcrapohcrap I forgot!! Akaziel yells, rushing into the room. Not knowing what foods are available, Akaziel proceeds to yank the green tentacle out of the barrel and eat it.

We... were supposed to eat the tentacles, right? Right?!

Akaziel decides to eat some of the green tentacle food as well.

banjo1985
2007-10-11, 08:16 AM
Just a quick note. I've editted the first post of the thread, with some small clarifications of the rules, namely what happens when an offer is refused and how cannibalism works in more detail.

Anybody who this affects should probably go take a quick look at it but basically:

- If someone refuses what you offer them, you can decide to eat it yourself, refuse it, or offer it to another competitor.

- Cannibalism takes up your action for the round, so you can't steal or partake in the course on offer in the same round you make a cannibalism attempt.

Thanks to Fleeing Coward for highlighting the first point. If there is anything else that needs clarification then drop a post in the thread or shout at me over PM. Hopefully the rules will be clarified fully after a few more rounds!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-11, 10:11 AM
*The llama looks at all the tentacles, whimpers in fear at the creepy things and decides not to eat anything from them.*

North
2007-10-11, 05:45 PM
Well I think I gots to go with the blue tentacle here!

Korias
2007-10-11, 05:51 PM
Korias shoves the green Tentacle back in whitehelm's face. I dont eat sushi, friend.

banjo1985
2007-10-12, 04:11 AM
Round Over!

Most of you decide to approach the barrel rather cautiously,and when the tentacles seem to turn and watch you, even the ones without eyes, you slow down even more. DarkLightDragon and the Llama see this display and decide that maybe they’ll sit out this course.

“Screw that! I don’t eat anything that can look back at me!”

Tentatively the rest of you take a morsel from your tentacle of choice and decide whether to eat it or not.

Almighty Salmon takes a strange green sweet from the green tentacle, only to have it swiped from him before he can put it in his mouth! He starts to protest, and then starts to grin as he sees everyone else who took from the green tentacle begin to gag and go green themselves! Everything that the green tentacle gave out has a horrible metallic taste that coats the tongue with radiation; you throw up just quick enough to avoid fatal contamination. Akaziel runs in and takes a bite out of the green tentacle in revenge for his friends’ plight and the tentacle disappears back into the barrel. Akaziel is left with a slight taste of almonds and an the dross the tentacle left, so he’s soon throwing up with the others.

Thanatos and the rest of you that went to the yellow tentacle fair little better. The tentacle eyes you warily and gives you food that, no matter what it looks like, tastes of earwax and tallow. Maybe it’s just mean spirited, because it seems to try and pick out bad food for you on purpose, deliberating over what to pick before giving you crap. You cough up your guts in disgust, Evnafets and HyramGraff in particular are left with almost empty stomachs that rumble and churn with combined hunger and nausea.

A few of you approach the red tentacle, and you all get the same thing: piping hot vindaloo curries! They’re covered in slime from the helpful tentacle, but boy they still taste good! You return to your bunks to eat your hot and tasty dishes, smirking at the competitors throwing up on each other in front of you.

Pingcode and several others go up to the blue tentacle, and are given blue iridescent pearls. They look like they’d be better on a mantelpiece than down your gullets, but most of you take the plunge anyway. Stu42 decides to try and bite the tentacle and takes a chunk of flesh. The tentacle hides in the barrel and emits a hurt keening that is painful to the ears. Korias goes over to the vomiting Smellie Hippie and holds out his pearl.

“Here Hippie, you want this? Looks a bit like medicine.”

Smellie Hippie flails blindly for the pearl and shoves it down his throat. He quickly stops vomiting, and sits there chewing at the pearl, a silly far away look on his face.

“Now this, this is heaven! Like a VW Camper in food form!”

Fleeing Coward sees Almighty Salmon lamenting his lost meal, and offers him his pearl. The Salmon shakes his head and Fleeing Coward shrugs, popping the tiny sphere into his mouth. The lucky people that took the pearls find that they taste absolutely heavenly, like some kind of divine ambrosia in a pearl. The only shame is that the pleasure is over all too quickly, and you’re left craving more! Lord Fullbladder goes to join in this feast, only to find that some blighter has stolen his pearl from right under his scent unit!

After all the throwing up has ended and the creature in the barrel has gone quiet, Castaras sits back in her bunk contentedly. Out of everyone she is definitely the most full by far! A lot of the thinner competitors look at her with envy, they’re already more hungry than when they arrived!

Food Effects

Bite a tentacle – Slimy, but hey, flesh is flesh! +1 Munchie
Green Tentacle – Radioactive! -5 Munchies
Yellow Tentacle – Nice coating of earwax - -3 Munchies
Red Tentacle – Hot but nice and filling - +3 Munchies
Blue Tentacle – Pearl from heaven - +5 Munchies

banjo1985
2007-10-12, 04:32 AM
Round 3

Standings
{table=head]Competitor|Steals|Change|Munchies
Akaziel|3|-4|2
Almighty Salmon|3|0|9
Androgial|3|-3|4
Artemis97|3|+3|10
Atreyu the Masked Llama|3|+1|8
Castaras|1|+10|18
CurlyKitGirl|3|+5|12
DarkLightDragon|3|0|7
Evnafets|3|-3|1
Ezlo|3|+3|10
Fleeing Coward|2|0|5
Helgraf|3|+3|10
Huyneo|3|-5|2
HyramGraff|3|-3|1
Khaldan|3|+3|9
Korias|3|0|5
Lord Fullbladder|3|0|7
Mr Edward Nigma|3|+5|10
North|3|+5|12
Onasuma|3|+3|10
Orzel|3|+5|9
Pingcode20|3|+5|11
Radikalskippy|3|+5|11
Raiser B1ade|3|-3|3
Seftsirag|3|-5|2
Smellie Hippie|3|0|7
Stu42|3|+1|8
Terumitsu|3|-3|4
Thanatos5150|3|-3|4
Therarde|3|-5|2
Whitehelm|3|+1|5
Zar Peter|3|+3|7[/table]

Despite many upset stomachs and the stench of vomit you somehow manage to sleep most of the night away. You wake up and do your best to clear up some of the mess, though a few of you are too hungry to be much help. The Baroness arrives shortly after, and wrinkles her nose up at the stench.

“Oh dear, I thought that eating contest competitors would have stronger guts, I do hope I won’t have to get the servants to bring in the stomach pump.”

She swivels to look at Castaras lurking in a lower bunk.

“Well you seem to be making an impressive go of this I must say. Let’s see if you can hold onto your lunch during this course!”

The Baroness clicks her fingers and the congealing vomit and gurgling barrel disappear back to whatever cursed dimension conjured creatures go to. You can’t help but think that the barrel creature will probably slurp it all up and eat it! The Baroness points at the table and a large wooden platter appears, topped by a huge slab of quivering meat. It smells of worn out running shoes and rotting corpses, but it looks like an innocent slab of meatloaf.

“With Ezlo winning the last contest there really just had to be a meatloaf round again in this one. I can’t say I’m particularly happy about it though, conjuring Meatloaf Surprise is rather…beneath me. Either way this is your course, eat up!”

The Baroness walks out swinging a tiny set of sword-chuks on a chain and closes the door behind her. The more paranoid of you swear you here a key turning in the lock.

But the food is what matters, do you eat the meatloaf or turn it down?

Options

Eat a slice of Meatloaf Surprise
Offer your slice to someone else
Refuse the meatloaf and try the door to see if its locked

Note – Any steals or special actions should be PM’d to me, even cannibalism actions, though they will be described in my main posts!

The round will end Sunday, probably afternoon (GMT) (though try to get them in by Saturday evening, just to be safe!)

Good Eating!

Castaras
2007-10-12, 04:36 AM
Yum, meatloaf!

*eats the meatloaf*

I'll take anyone else's portions, if people want. :smallamused:

androgial
2007-10-12, 04:43 AM
definitively eats the meatloaf with gusto

banjo1985
2007-10-12, 05:22 AM
I should probably mention that I won't be back online until Saturday afternoon at the earliest (GMT), so will not be able to reply to PM's until then. However, all actions will be resolved before the round ends, and if anyone uses Precognition but doesn't get to react to my reply, I'll assume you took the action most favourable to you.

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-12, 05:31 AM
"Fleeing Coward.. Fleeing Coward.. Fleeing Coward. I really should thank you. My Spidey senses tell me you stole my Green Tentacle and saved me the agony! But even better yet, it cancelled out your pearl!" :smallbiggrin:

The Salmon rolls on the floor with laughter, eventually he gets up and wipes a tear from his eye.

"Whats this? Meatloaf? Hey Fleeing Coward, you want this? It's the least i can do."

I offer the meatloaf to Fleeing Coward.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-12, 05:43 AM
Your welcome, can't let you die too early :smallwink:
Smelling the meatloaf, Fleeing gets an overwhelming desire to vomit on the nearest creature.
There's no way I'm touching that "meatloaf", would you like mine by any chance?

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-12, 05:49 AM
Oh, are you sure? Okay.. Your meatloaf? Okay, I'll accept it!"

((Can i refuse my own Meatloaf and check the door, and also eat the one offered to me by Fleeing Coward? If so i do that.))

Korias
2007-10-12, 05:53 AM
Korias passes the Meatloaf to Smellie Hippie.

He Also Refuses any and all offeres for his food.

onasuma
2007-10-12, 05:57 AM
Thinking back to last time, i believe meatloaf is muchie filled goodness. I eat mine. and everyone elses, if i can somehow get my hands on it

smellie_hippie
2007-10-12, 07:22 AM
Korias passes the Meatloaf to Smellie Hippie.

Your blue tentacle was very helpful... I will accept your loaf of meat.

Seft Sirag
2007-10-12, 07:24 AM
Seftsirag, who happens to have a poor sense of smell, takes a slice and eats it.

Therarde
2007-10-12, 07:35 AM
Therarde decides he's hungry enough to try just about anything and shoves a slice of meatloaf down his gullet.

Skippy
2007-10-12, 07:59 AM
I will eat the meatloaf.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-12, 08:49 AM
Thanatos retches once more at the quivering sight and corpseified smell of the meatloaf.
"Thats the last time I flirt with something with tentacles." He mutters to himself as he approaches the meatloaf.
"Ladies and gentlemen, I believe this meatloaf directly in front of us may be nothing more than the processed corpse of our Dragonprime" he announces to the gathered crowd.
"You should know that, when brought to my knees with hunger, or in a survival situation, I have no moral objections to cannibalism." He explains as he says this, walking towards the door.
"However, I am not nearly that hungry yet, and I must REFUSE this meal. I will think no less of those of you who choose to partake."

And, with that, Thanatos checks the door...

<Translation: Refuse Food, Check Door>

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-12, 10:07 AM
*DLD decided the meatloaf doesn't look as bad as the tentacles and eats a slice, hoping there's nothing wrong with it*

I'm none too happy about the situation myself, actually...

((I was tossing up between the blue tentacle and refusing for last round... I should have gone with the tentacle :smalltongue: But it beats being out of the game...))

Raiser Blade
2007-10-12, 10:33 AM
I'm gonna eat evnafets :smallbiggrin: .

Hope he doesn't kick the crap out of me. :smalleek:

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-12, 12:19 PM
I'm gonna eat evnafets :smallbiggrin: .

Hope he doesn't kick the crap out of me. :smalleek:

Couple things:

One, that action is, Ibelieve supposed to be PM'd to Banjo.

Two, Envafets is above two munchies, and therefore, non-eatable


Oh, and three - you just gave away what your power is.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-12, 03:35 PM
"I hate Meatloaf. I refuse my portion and all offered to me. And because Cassie seems to like it so much see can have mine."

onasuma
2007-10-12, 03:45 PM
Two, Envafets is above two munchies, and therefore, non-eatable

No, he only has one.

Artemis97
2007-10-12, 03:45 PM
Noticing the odd miniature weapon the Baroness carries, Artemis starts to wonder what's going on. Their host did not seem the sort to carry a weapon as ridiculous as sword-chucks. Hearing the sound of the door being locked, and Thanatos' prediction, she jumps up and tries to help with the door, refusing to touch the food.

huyneo
2007-10-12, 04:29 PM
"Doesn't look to a harmful of a meatloaf to me"
Eats meat loaf

Zar Peter
2007-10-12, 04:39 PM
Hmm, that red tentacle tasted so good, I don't think it's flavour is matching the meatloaf. But onasuma, if you like it I would be happy to give it tot you since otherwise a good portion of meatloaf would be wasted.

(Offer slice to onasuma)

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-10-12, 04:47 PM
Optic sensors narrowing suspiciously, Fullbladder passes his portion to Castaras and moves over to help the people trying the door.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-12, 05:16 PM
Couple things:

One, that action is, I believe supposed to be PM'd to Banjo.


Yes it is but why not boast about it. He can't do anything about it anyways.



Two, Envafets is above two munchies, and therefore, non-eatable


Nope he only has 1.



Oh, and three - you just gave away what your power is.


Who cares? Cannabilism isn't a power you need to hide.

Orzel
2007-10-12, 05:39 PM
Cannibal Master List

Currently Edible:
Akazeil
Androgial
Evnafets
Huyneo
HyramGraff
Seftsirag
Therarde

Safe to eat:
Raiser_B1ade
Orzel (everyone knows I'm a cannibal)


I eat the meatloaf.

pingcode20
2007-10-12, 05:46 PM
"Contestant's Log, Round 3. We have been served 'Meatloaf Surprise'. I'm going to Eat a slice, in the name of science. Raiser is attempting to consume Evnafets - I wonder how this will turn out?"

evnafets
2007-10-12, 06:11 PM
Looks like I'm gonna be out of the game then. :annoyed:
Damn that spiteful tentacle!

I'm going to make a break for the door.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-12, 06:17 PM
Looks like I'm gonna be out of the game then. :annoyed:
Damn that spiteful tentacle!

I'm going to make a break for the door.


Why does this make me think you are going to beat me up?

Anyways once you cannabilize (or attempt to) someone everyone will know you have it so there wasn't a point in hiding it.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-12, 08:01 PM
No, he only has one.

Sorry about that, I must have read the wrong column. Carry on.

HyramGraff
2007-10-12, 08:15 PM
I eat the meatloaf.

Ezlo
2007-10-12, 11:19 PM
I eat three slices. And accept all who offer it to me. Even if I know it's poisonous, I don't care, I love meatloaf.:smallsmile:

onasuma
2007-10-13, 02:41 AM
"Why thanks to you kind sir" i say taking the meatloaf, "Mmmmm guy-who-jumped-out-the-windowy"

whitehelm
2007-10-13, 04:31 AM
I eat the meatloaf. It doesn't look very good, but I'm suspicious about that "door" option.

I will not, however, be taking second portions from others.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-13, 09:10 AM
Finally, something I know is tasty.

*The llama digs in, fondly remembering the meatloaf from last time.*

Therarde
2007-10-13, 09:20 AM
I'm surprised nobody's tried to eat the door yet. I'm not, but after seeing this somebody probably will.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-13, 09:55 AM
I'll refuse my own slice and pass it to Ezlo.

banjo1985
2007-10-13, 11:02 AM
Update!

My heads hurting, this is turning out to be a complicated round! As such the end of the round will be tomorrow afternoon at the earliest, to give me chance to write and put in a little flavour.

So far 27/32 players have submitted an action, the following have not:

Akaziel
Helgraf
North
Terumitsu
Smellie Hippie (I've PM'd you, I may have messed up :smalleek:)

For once there are no unresolved passes!

Thanks for your patience with my absence for the last 48 hours, I've answered all PM'd questions and wil check again tomorrow morning before I end the round.

North
2007-10-13, 01:16 PM
I offer my slice of Meatloaf to Orzel

Zar Peter
2007-10-13, 01:20 PM
Hey, I like this avatar! It reminds me of someone...

Raiser Blade
2007-10-13, 01:27 PM
Hey, I like this avatar! It reminds me of someone...

Me too but i can't quite put my finger on it.....

Orzel
2007-10-13, 04:27 PM
I eat North's meatloaf

Akaziel
2007-10-13, 08:13 PM
(Sorry about being late with the actions. Having trouble keeping up with all the stuff in real life.)

Akaziel eats the meatloaf.

Helgraf
2007-10-14, 04:51 AM
I offer my meatloaf to North.

If he refuses it, I shall eat it myself.

banjo1985
2007-10-14, 08:11 AM
Round Over!

Despite the stench coming off the Meatloaf Surprise a lot of you decide to eat it based on last years amazing course. A few of you are more concerned with the status of the door, and head over to investigate. The door is scratched but very sturdy, and a quick try of the handle proves that the portal is locked solid.

Panicking a little, Evnafets squats down and peers through the small keyhole. The same corridor stretches away into the distance, but partially blocking the view are two huge hulking figures, heavily armoured and armed with black chain mail and vicious looking glaives. As Evnafets watches one of the guards seems to peer directly at him, and it’s hidden eyes glow a deep scarlet. Any thoughts of an easy escape dwindle in that moment.

Evnafets is suddenly pulled away from the door by a wild-eyed Raiser B1ade. The rest of you watch in horror as Raiser shows his true colours, ripping into the weakened Evnafets with long claws and teeth. His dieing wails are just beginning to fade when new screams echo through the room. Mr Edwards Nigma, the seemingly genteel wizard, has Akaziel in a death grip, as you watch he siphons the last life-force from his unfortunate victim, and Akaziels body crumbles to dust. Mr Edward Nigma belches in satisfaction. By the time you turn back to Evnafets, a red smear on the wooden floor is the only evidence he was ever here at all.

Apalled by these displays of primal urges the rest of you turn to the meatloaf. Korias decides that Smellie Hippie would again benefit more from his portion, only to have it torn from his hands by a fast moving blur. Castaras & Ezlo also find their meatloaf taken, though Castaras doesn’t mind, as she receives two more portions from other competitors. Ezlo almost explodes in anger, how dare someone deny him his meatloaf fix!

Ezlo’s anger at being denied meatloaf soon turns to relief as others start to tuck in. Though the meatloaf looks fine on the outside, its stench shows its true nature; inside it is a broiling masses of fat purple maggots & worms. It’s a horrible sight and it tastes disgusting, but most of you manage to hold onto your stomachs.

Some of you aren’t so lucky.

Androgial, Therarde, Seftsirag, HyramGraff and Huyneo begin to groan and retch, the rotting meatloaf is just too much for them in their hunger weakened state. Their retching and moans of distress grow in volume until the big doors to the room bang open. A dozen bulky servants with stretchers run in and take the stricken competitors away, still writhing in pain. The door slams shut behind them with a grim finality, you get the horrible feling you might not see any of them again.

None of you get much sleep through the night.


Round Effects

Meatloaf Surprise – Mouldy and foul - -2 Munchies

Rasier B1ade consumed Evnafets
Mr Edward Nigma siphoned the lifeforce from Akaziel

Androgial, Therarde, HyramGraff, Seftsirag and Huyneo required stomach pumping and left the contest.

Terumitsu didn't post an action this round (Niether did Smellie Hippie, but he was active and didn't get chance to post because I was late answering a PM from him. As such I 've counted him as refusing the dish rather than not posting.)

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-14, 08:29 AM
Thanatos, with a wry grin on his face, leans aginst the door.
"So, MrEdwardNigma and Rasier B1ade are cannibals, eh? That makes them prime targets for any other cannibals present." He "helpfully" points out to any other cannibals that may or may not be in the room while eyeing Orzel very specifically.
"But, that was one heckuva surprise, almost like a processed corpse"

banjo1985
2007-10-14, 08:33 AM
Round 4

Standings
{table=head]Competitor|Steals|Change|Munchies
Akaziel|3|-2|Eaten!
Almighty Salmon|3|-2|7
Androgial|2|-4|Out!
Artemis97|3|0|10
Atreyu the Masked Llama|3|-2|6
Castaras|1|-4|14
CurlyKitGirl|3|0|12
DarkLightDragon|3|-2|5
Evnafets|3|-1|Eaten!
Ezlo|3|0|10
Fleeing Coward|2|0|5
Helgraf|3|-2|8
Huyneo|3|-2|Out!
HyramGraff|2|-4|Out!
Khaldan|2|-4|5
Korias|3|0|5
Lord Fullbladder|3|0|7
Mr Edward Nigma|3|+5|15
North|3|0|12
Onasuma|3|-4|6
Orzel|3|-4|5
Pingcode20|3|-2|9
Radikalskippy|3|-2|9
Raiser B1ade|3|+5|8
Seftsirag|3|-2|Out!
Smellie Hippie|3|0|7
Stu42|3|+1|9
Terumitsu|3|-2|2
Thanatos5150|3|0|4
Therarde|3|-2|Out!
Whitehelm|3|-2|3
Zar Peter|3|0|7[/table]

When the Baroness strolls in the following day she appears rather pleased with herself. She smiles wickedly at the morose contestants who remain; her grin grows especially wide as she surveys the now empty bunks once used by Evnafets and Akaziel.

“It all got rather interesting last night didn’t it? Oh dear, I do hope no-one got carried away.”

She looks down at the congealing patch of blood on the floor and winks evilly.

“Oh come on do cheer up! Those unfortunate souls who were taken ill last night have been well taken care of.”

Almighty Salmon summons up the courage to speak up.

“That comment won’t fill us with much reassurance lady. We know about the door. We’re prisoners, we saw the guards last night.”

Many of you voice your agreement.

“Well I did warn you this contest was serious. The prizes for surviving it are absolutely huge, but the only way any of you will be leaving is as winners or on a stretcher. Just let me conjure up the next course, I’m sure it will help raise your spirits.”

The Baroness conjures another large barrel and a long row of metal flagons of two different sizes, one a pint and the other at least 3 times larger. The barrel has an indecipherable rune on the side with 6 X’s underneath; from the look of it you assume this is booze with a kick!

“This is Buckmanns 6X, the finest and most powerful ale that dwarves have ever brewed. It is said they use it as a special ingredient in their gunpowder, that’s why dwarven firearms are the most feared weapons in the land. Anyway, a big flagon, a small flagon or none at all, the choice is yours.”

So this round is a classic dwarven style kegger, do you join the party or refuse the ale?

Food Options:

Drink a small flagon of Buckmanns 6X
Drink a large flagon of Buckmanns 6X
Offer a small flagon to someone else
Offer a large flagon to someone else
Refuse the ale

Note – As always steals and special actions are to be PM’d to me. The round will end on Tuesday morning (GMT).

Good Drinking!

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-14, 08:42 AM
Thanatos lets out a groan as he stares at his grumbling stomach.

"Liquid?" he bemoans, rather dramtically, "That won't feel too good hitting an empty stomach, the only thing worse is: this is ALE! I have taken a very serious oath to abstain from alcohol!"
Neverthless, he acquires himself a small flagon and pushes it towards Fleeing Coward.
"You, however, are of the type who usually requests some form of 'Liquid Courage', please, take my share."

Castaras
2007-10-14, 09:21 AM
Small flagon for me please.

smellie_hippie
2007-10-14, 09:56 AM
I'll be drinking a large flagon of Ale, thank you.

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-14, 10:01 AM
*DLD's hissing turns to a growl*

*DLD grabs a large flagon and dumps it in front of the Hippie*

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... Why don't you take mine if you like it so much?! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

*It's fairly obvious that DLD is in a bad mood!*

((Meanwhile, the DLD behind the screen is feeling rather hyperactive and trying to work out whether popcorn or diet coke is responsible...))

Ezlo
2007-10-14, 10:32 AM
Hmmm... I like my drink, but I never drink to excess. Small flagon please.

androgial
2007-10-14, 10:32 AM
good luck everyone your going to need it

North
2007-10-14, 10:39 AM
Hey, I like this avatar! It reminds me of someone...

:smallbiggrin: Trick or Treat! Well in a couple weeks anyways.

CRIVENS!!!!!!

I take the most giant flagon I can find.

I dont have a drinking probem. I drink. I get drunk. I fall down. No problem.

And this Fatbelly 2.0 is vicious :smallsmile: I like it!

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-14, 10:56 AM
Uh.. What the heck! I drink a large flagon!

whitehelm
2007-10-14, 11:03 AM
I drink a large flagon, but still refuse any handouts.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-10-14, 11:41 AM
Fullbladder aslo takes fro himself a Large Flagon, adding it quickly to single item he's managed to devour thus far.

Studoku
2007-10-14, 01:19 PM
Uber-ale? Who could refuse.

When it gives me a hangover, I'll use my fried egg avatar to cure it.

EDIT: I'll take a large flagon. There's no point just having a small drink

EDIT EDIT: Screw it, I'll try and drink the keg

Raiser Blade
2007-10-14, 01:22 PM
*licks lips* Mhhmm evvie you were ever so tasty.:smallamused:

I eat terimitsu next!!

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-14, 01:52 PM
"Hmmmmm, that Akaziel fellow tasted nasty. What had he been eating?
Oh, well, I'll take a small flacon of ale to wash it down, please"

Orzel
2007-10-14, 02:23 PM
Drinks the large flagon.

That meatloaf gave me gas

POOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

Korias
2007-10-14, 02:59 PM
Korias Offers a large flagon to Smellie Hippie.

Artemis97
2007-10-14, 03:15 PM
Having just seen two of her fellow competitors eaten, and now realizing there may be no escape from this 'feast' Artemis sits back at the table and gets herself a small flagon of ale, to calm her nerves. She's never been one for strong drinks and will refuse any other offers.

onasuma
2007-10-14, 03:41 PM
"Mmm. Ale. Im half dwarf you know" I say whilst taking a large flagon. *hick*

smellie_hippie
2007-10-14, 04:05 PM
I shall accept both offers of Large Ale from Korias and DLD.

I sure hope my college days help keep me coherent.... :smallcool:

Zar Peter
2007-10-14, 04:29 PM
I don't have a problem with alcohol!

A large flagon please! And I accept offers!

Only without!

whitehelm
2007-10-14, 05:59 PM
Raiser B1ade: You can only use your ability once.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-14, 06:32 PM
Well at least this should help take my mind off the facts that we're all prisoners in the baroness' twisted game

Fleeing accepts the small ale and then proceeds to drink a large ale

Skippy
2007-10-14, 10:45 PM
I want a large flagon, please.

Helgraf
2007-10-15, 12:41 AM
I've not a dwarven constitution, so I shall settle for a Small Ale.

I will accept up to two Small Ales offered me, if any. I will refuse any Large Ales offered me, as well as any Small Ales beyond the first two offers.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-15, 01:39 AM
In that case i drink a small flagon.

I also accept all offers.

pingcode20
2007-10-15, 04:11 AM
"Drink! Drink! Yay!" says Pingcode, as he grabs a Large Flagon and quaffs it. As he quaffs the liquid, he holds up a little sign.

Also accepting any more ale!

banjo1985
2007-10-15, 04:35 AM
Time for the half way update:

So far 22/25 competitors have posted an action. The following have not:

Atreyu
Terumitsu
CurlyKitGirl

There are no unresolved passes at the moment.

The round won't end until this time tomorrow, so there is no rush, but one more missed round from Terumitsu will take him out of the game!

pingcode20
2007-10-15, 04:39 AM
I'll be drinking a large flagon of Ale, thank you.

Actually, he has. (Emphasis mine.)

banjo1985
2007-10-15, 04:42 AM
Oh crap he has hasn't he, I've even noted it down! I'll scratch that in the above post, makes me look even more incompetent than I actually am!

smellie_hippie
2007-10-15, 05:47 AM
Oh crap he has hasn't he, I've even noted it down! I'll scratch that in the above post, makes me look even more incompetent than I actually am!

Quite all right chap... quite all right. :smallbiggrin:

Technicolor Hippie Hug

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-15, 12:13 PM
Happily Curly looks around and notices the alcohol.
"I'm underage but I guess it won't hurt if I have a small flagon and refuse everything else."

banjo1985
2007-10-16, 04:16 AM
Round Over!

Well if this isn’t the time to start drinking it never will be, so most of you decide that a bit of Buckmanns will help steady your frayed nerves. Letting the first of the liquid trickle down your throats, it tastes wonderful while at the same time burning whatever it touches with a searing heat. However the burning soon fades leaves you feeling content and almost immediately drunk.

Helgraf and the more prudent among you take one of the smaller flagons and down them in just a few gulps. It feels fantastic to drink such nectar, but it’s enough to get you a little drunk, and the world hazes up and wavers in front of you. Castaras is just about to down her own small flagon when it seems to divide into two, which both get swiped by unknown assailants (yes this means two people tried to steal the same thing, I hadn’t thought about that eventuality!).

Raiser B1ade goes for the weakened Terumitsu, only to find his claws and teeth blunted from his last meal. Annoyed, he returns to the table and downs a small flagon and then makes a successful attempt at eating the flagon!

Pingcode & Fleeing Coward are amongst the more adventurous of the competitors, choosing to go for the large flagons. A few eyebrows are raised at Fleeing Cowards bravery, but he is soon far too drunk to notice. Once filled with Buckmanns the huge flagons are almost too heavy to lift, but the temptation of the ale lends you the little bit of extra strength you need. Smellie Hippie has just about got his flagon of the table when it is torn from his hands. He is soon happy again though, as DLD and Korias give him a double helping that would put an elephant on its back!

By the time the drinking has finished the room is awash with drunken bodies. Smellie Hippie, Pingcode, Lord Fullbladder and Fleeing Coward are all unconscious underneath the feasting table, having slipped from their seats before the last drop touched their lips. Zar Peter and North are having a loud conversation from opposite sides of the room arguing over who is bluer entirely in Klingon, while Onasuma, Whitehelm and Almighty Salmon sit in an unsteady circle on the floor, giggling uncontrollably at each other. The good thing is that you completely forget about your predicament, the bad thing is none of you are aware enough to notice Stu42 and Orzel swinging the protesting Terumitsu out the window in an unfortunate bout of high spirits.

But boy that ale was good, though you'll probably feel it in the morning!!

Drink Effects

Small Flagon – Gets you rather drunk, +3 Munchies, but you may not use steals in Round 5, as you are badly hung over!
Large Flagon – You barely remember your own name! +5 Munchies, but your action in round 5 will be rather random!

Terumitsu didn’t post an action, and was thrown out the window during the party!
Atreyu the Masked Llama didn't post an action, so he didn't join the party!

So if you had only a single small flagon you can decide your action normally, but no steals can be used. Those of you that drank more than this should still post your desired action, but your % chance of actually taking said action will be determined by the amount you drank!

banjo1985
2007-10-16, 04:26 AM
Round 5

Standings
{table=head]Competitor|Steals|Change|Munchies
Almighty Salmon|3|+5|12
Artemis97|3|+3|13
Atreyu the Masked Llama|3|-2|4
Castaras|1|0|14
CurlyKitGirl|3|+3|15
DarkLightDragon|3|0|5
Ezlo|3|+3|13
Fleeing Coward|2|+8|13
Helgraf|3|+3|11
Khaldan|1|+10|15
Korias|3|0|5
Lord Fullbladder|2|+8|15
Mr Edward Nigma|3|+3|18
North|3|+5|17
Onasuma|3|+5|11
Orzel|3|+5|10
Pingcode20|2|+10|19
Radikalskippy|3|+5|14
Raiser B1ade|3|+3|11
Smellie Hippie|3|+10|17
Stu42|3|+5|14
Terumitsu|3|-2|Out!
Thanatos5150|3|0|4
Whitehelm|3|+5|8
Zar Peter|3|+5|12[/table]

Thanatos, DLD & Korias wake long before everyone else, and wait for the inevitable groans and croaks to begin from their fellow competitors. They don’t have to wait very long. The rest of you awaken one by one, clutching your pounding heads weakly with both hands, it feels like a family of imps are mining you brain for minerals with a hundred tiny pickaxes! You desperately try to stand up, only to fall straight backwards; you are apparently heavily hung over but still drunk at the same time! It takes a long time and a lot of help from your sober comrades, but you are all seated back at the table by the time the Baroness walks in at midday.

She grins wickedly at your pained expressions, and proceeds to shout at the top of her voice, intentionally to make you feel worse.

“Oh do sit up properly, a little bit of ale shouldn’t do such silly things to you! Are you all children or something?!”

She laughs as high pitched as she possibly can, for several of you the world goes a little grey as you struggle to keep conscious through the pulsing hell going on in your heads.

“Okay, okay, I’ll leave off now. Here’s the next course. A strange dish made from a rare little creature that lives in colonies on a far off island.”

The Baroness clicks her fingers and the next course appears on the plates set before you. You wince again, the bang accompanying the evocation was definitely louder than usual, the Baroness is still having fun.

“This is something called Haggis, made from tiny furry hill dwelling creatures and a few other choice ingredients. Strangely the little things wear kilts in the wild, you’ll be glad to know they’re not one of the special ingredients.”

This time the Baroness doesn’t even bother to leave through the door, another snap of her fingers removes her from the room. You’re left with a weird looking oval of cooked flesh. There are small bits of red and green in the meat, and it is covered in a transparent film of an unknown substance. It gives off a pleasant but faint aroma of lamb. It’s a strange dish to be sure, do you take a taste? Do you even have a choice?

Food Options

Eat the Haggis
Offer the Haggis to another
Refuse the Haggis

Remember – Anyone who drank last round cannot use steals in this one. Post an action even if you drank heavily, the chance of you taking this action or another will be determined randomly based on how much you drank:

One large flagon:
Take the action posted – 75%
Take another action – 25%

One large & one small flagon:
Take the action posted – 50%
Take another action – 50%

Two small flagons:
Take the action posted – 65%
Take another action – 35%

Two large flagons:
Take the action posted – 30%
Take another action – 70%

Note – Special abilities, and steals from the few of you that can, should be PM’d to me as normal.

Round 5 will end sometime Thursday morning (GMT)

Good Eating!

pingcode20
2007-10-16, 04:30 AM
"IIIIImannuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable... Heidegg-" sings Pingcode, trying to Eat the Haggis and drink from the empty flagon at the same time. "-er Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you unnnnnnder th-"

He doesn't get any further into the song before passing out again.

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-16, 04:34 AM
Ahhhhh, Haggishh... How Nicesh.. I will, eat that haggish! Uh.. whatsh my name again?

He then turns to Fleeing Coward.

*Hic* You're.. my besht friend! And.. and..

He then passes out.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-16, 04:43 AM
Thanatos lunges at the Haggis with glee!
"MMMM! Sheep intestines boiled in theri own bladders! What could be more delicious?" he comments (rather loudly) as he tucks to with a vigor yet to be seen from him in this competition.

Studoku
2007-10-16, 05:46 AM
Just one queshtion. If were locked in this room, where the fish did I get this traffic cone.

I'm too hungover to eat haggish. I'll eat the rest of my avatar (secret stash).

smellie_hippie
2007-10-16, 06:03 AM
Pingcode... yur my besht frie *hic* end. No wait-a-minute, you shtole from me lasht night, I don *hic* don *hic* don't like you no more.

*smellie_hippie stands up quickly, falls over, unties his shoes, stands up again, leans heavily on another competitor.. probably the Baroness*

Haggish? No thank you... I think consum *hic* consum *hic* eating ish a bad idea right now...

Korias
2007-10-16, 06:06 AM
Korias ends up tossing his Haggis to Artemis97 today, as Smellie is too iebriated to eat.

Skippy
2007-10-16, 07:43 AM
"sdlisifuhfsif"

((Translation: Hippie, please eat my haggis. I'm too drunk to make any sense.))

Castaras
2007-10-16, 07:46 AM
Castaras smiles, not that drunk.

Hehe. Lets see...Haggis? Eat.

She gobbles up her haggis.

Anyone else want to give me theirs?

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-16, 07:46 AM
*DLD remains quiet for the sake of the not-so-sober competitors, but chuckles at the Hippie*

Look at the silly little man! He shouldn't have had that much ale last night.

*DLD then walks away to a corner and curls up, refusing the haggis*

It's a good thing that dragons don't need to eat as often as humans. Still, I'm feeling a bit peckish. But I don't trust that stuff there.

*DLD yawns, releasing a bit of cold mist into the room, then rests her head on her paws and watches the others*

Zar Peter
2007-10-16, 08:20 AM
What do you mean with drunk? I can't get drunk! Kobolds are immune against alcohol!
Wait a moment I'm a Gnome!

* Falls backwards *

* Stand's up again *

Yeshh, I'm feeeeeeling shomething. North! You shtole my telescope! Givesh it back!

* Stumbles forward, falls again and stands up again *

Ok ok, I shink it'sh better to sit down! What'sh dish..stish...thish. Haggish?
Let'sh try if my shpoon findsh it'sh target.

((Eat the stuff))

smellie_hippie
2007-10-16, 10:00 AM
"sdlisifuhfsif"

((Translation: Hippie, please eat my haggis. I'm too drunk to make any sense.))

I love you. You're my besht friend. I'm gonna throw up now..... :smallyuk:

(yes I'll eat your haggis):smallamused:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-16, 10:35 AM
*The llama, quite happy that he isn't drunk off his tail right now, gleefully digs into his Haggis!!*

onasuma
2007-10-16, 10:56 AM
"come come people. You need a better consitution. One barrel of beer makes you like this." I then proceed to kick salmon out of the way and move towards the haggis.

whitehelm
2007-10-16, 11:03 AM
I refuse the haggis and munch on my secret stash instead.

Will not accept anything, don't even try.

Ezlo
2007-10-16, 11:49 AM
Ugh.... as much as I LOOOOVE intestines, I think I'll pass due to my drinking nausea. Atre... Atreu... Atrueyuyu? Uhhh.... Llama! Do you want mine?


Pass to the Llama.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-16, 12:06 PM
"I'm never drinking again!" cluthching her throbbing head Curly takes one look at the haggis and munches down but refuses everything else.

Artemis97
2007-10-16, 12:56 PM
Artemis sits up and groans. That was going to be her first, and last, drink of the hard stuff for a good long time. Having a plate of haggis pushed in front of her by Korias, Artemis decides it smells good enough to eat. She'll take any portions offered to her. She hadn't had lamb in a very long time.

I'll eat what's on my plate and take anything else offered to me.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-16, 02:40 PM
I offer my haggis to Mr. E nigma

If he doesn't take it i offer it to Atreyu.

If he doesn't take it i offer it to Smellie Hippie.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-10-16, 04:41 PM
"Waitsh.... How am I drunksh? I dun even have blood! Heh heh heh! *hic!* Well food often helps counter-act in... ine.. drunkennesh."

Fullbladder attempts to eat the Haggis.

Orzel
2007-10-16, 05:27 PM
"Hey" Orzel drunkenly stares at Artemis "You're reeeeal pretty. Can I eat yooour plate."

Orzel then tries to eat his haggis, the plate the haggis was on, and all the empty plates he can get to.

I tastes wood.

Artemis97
2007-10-16, 06:48 PM
Artemis smirks, and after finishing the food that was on her plate, gives Orzel the china. "Sure, you can eat my plate, if you really want to."

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-16, 07:03 PM
Thanatos deicdes to make a game of singing old drinking songs.
Loudly.
Out of tune.
and constantly.

During the entire time hes moving about, torturing Orzel by moving plates just enough so that he looses his balance and falls to the deck.

"I suppose I should let you guys know I really hate alcohol, huh?"
The rogue/ceric known as "thanatos" is obviously enjoying the torture.

Orzel
2007-10-16, 07:08 PM
"Yay!" Orzel shouts. He inhales the plate and passes out. In his drunken sleep, he punches Korias.

"Accursed ettins, give me back my gumbo." he mumbles.

North
2007-10-16, 07:43 PM
Nothin goes bettr wi' ale then 'aggis HIC.

(North will try to eat his haggis)

Khaldan
2007-10-16, 10:32 PM
Khaldan attempts to shove his food at korias, but his drunken behavior makes it seem like he will miss the plate all together.

(damn two large flagons)

Korias
2007-10-17, 05:58 AM
Khaldan attempts to shove his food at korias, but his drunken behavior makes it seem like he will miss the plate all together.

(damn two large flagons)

Korias Refuses, if that is the action taken.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-17, 07:35 AM
Fleeing Coward wakes up still feeling dizzy from the flagons.

Is it time for another dish already? I don't think I can eat anymore
(Refuse dish and any that may offered to me)

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-17, 02:37 PM
"I'm telling you, man, the myshtery of life? It's like, the *Hiccup* biggest question ever! You undershtand? Do ya? Huh? Huh? *Hiccup*"
"..."
"Oh...Sorry about your shoes, Korias...*Hic*"
The wizard leans on LordFullbladder's shoulder as he tries to focus his eyes on the table.
"Haggish? If only I were a man called Harris..."
MrEdwardNigma then proceeds to plunge his face in the dish.

(Accepting my portion of haggis, I've tasted it in real life, and it ain't so bad :smallsmile: )

banjo1985
2007-10-17, 04:23 PM
Just a quick update, just one competitor has not posted an action this round:

Helgraf

Atreyu has yet to accept or refuse Ezlo's offer (I will assume you refuse if you don't answer, I'll assume caution based on your low munchie total)

I'll post the effects and the next round as soon as I can tomorrow, but it might be delayed by up to 24 hours. I have to wait until I have every action before I can work out what everyone actually does and then I can start writing the narration. But the next round will start immediately after.

Sorry in advance for any delay that there turns out to be.

Skippy
2007-10-17, 04:29 PM
((I think Helgraf had internet issues))

Raiser Blade
2007-10-17, 05:58 PM
I heard he was accidentally trampled by a herd of lemmings.

Suspiciously there was a set of Llama prints around the crime scene.:smallconfused:


:smalltongue:

Korias
2007-10-17, 06:06 PM
((I think Helgraf had internet issues))

His cable is out again. Check the Vampire: Renfield's Maserquade for info on the subject.

Helgraf
2007-10-17, 10:22 PM
Helgraf will Eat the Haggis.

If any was offered to him, he will accept up to one additional portion, refusing the rest.

banjo1985
2007-10-18, 05:46 AM
Round Over!

Many of you have heard of haggis, and on your vulnerable stomachs you are rather cautious. There is one exception. Having not drunk the previous night Thanatos5150 attacks his haggis with vigour, encouraging many of you to do the same. Almighty Salmon is just about to, only to see Thanatos rip it from his hands and consume it as well! Thanatos slowly goes green as he eats, and makes a strange strangled noise before slumping to the floor unconscious. Unfortunately none of you notice until you’ve tasted the haggis as well.

Some of you are still feeling very woozy from the Buckmanns. Smellie Hippie and Fleeing Coward find themselves tucking into the dish despite not wanting to, Hippie even takes the haggis offered by Radikalskippy as well! Pingcode & Lord Fullbladder find the opposite; despite wanting to partake in the haggis they just can’t bring themselves to eat it! Orzel seems to decide the plates would taste better, and crunches into two of them instead, leaving his own haggis alone.

Those that eat the haggis soon realise why Thanatos fainted. The haggis has been well cooked on the outside, but inside it’s clearly still raw. Grey jelly like pieces quiver from within a bloody red mass that drips onto your tongues and your plates, and there is worse. The Baroness clearly doesn’t follow the standard recipe for haggis. Eyeballs, spinal cord, noses and ears poke out of the more unidentifiable flesh, it’s clear the whole animal has been used and that its far from cooked to perfection!

It’s too much for a lot of you. Mr Edward Nigma and Smellie Hippie fair the worst, having eaten two portions. They throw up violently and forcefully spraying the table with chunks of flesh. This sets some of you off as well, the Llama clenches his teeth desperately against the tide, but the force behind the vomit blows out one of his front teeth and he sends a stream of high pressure vomit around the room like some kind of unholy fire hose! When finally there is no more to come up the Llama is green and pale at the same time, all he can say is one hopeful sentence.

“Well at least I didn’t eat that other portion!”

Almighty Salmon, Castaras, DLD, Onasuma and Stu42 watch all this with growing amusement, having rightfully dodged their helpings. Orzel also looks relieved, the plates have cut his tongue and tonsils to ribbons, but they seem to have doen only half the damage the haggis would have done!

Feeling incredibly unwell on top of a ranging hangover, there is little chat as you head to your beds that night. Thanatos’ snoring body and the memories of those competitors that have already been knocked out plague your minds. The worst thing is that you’re not sure whether you or your missing comrades are the lucky ones. The fact that most of the beds and the entire floor have been sprayed with a healthy dose of vomit really doesn’t help your moods either.

When you wake up in the morning Thanatos' body is nowhere to be found.

Food Effects

Eat the haggis – uncooked and hideous, -3 Munchies
Orzels two plates – cuts your mouth up, -1 Munchie

Thanatos was knocked unconscious from eating his own and Salmons haggis and was taken away during the night

On the upside everyone is now free of their hangovers and can decide their actions normally!

pingcode20
2007-10-18, 06:08 AM
"Ygolocyhsphsreverrrrrfenoerochhhcs!" murmurs Pingcode, bits of haggis running down his cheek, the plate's contents splattered across his face.

He has a bit of an eating disorder.

Fortunately, by the time he wakes up from his delirium, the 'haggis' is already gone.

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-18, 06:16 AM
"Woohoo! I was saved again! Thankyou Thanatos! Wherever you are.."

The Salmon sits down and waits for the next course.

banjo1985
2007-10-18, 06:26 AM
Round 6

Standings
{table=head]Competitor|Steals|Change|Munchies
Almighty Salmon|3|0|12
Artemis97|3|-6|7
Atreyu the Masked Llama|3|-3|1
Castaras|1|-3|11
CurlyKitGirl|3|-3|12
DarkLightDragon|3|0|5
Ezlo|3|0|13
Fleeing Coward|2|-3|10
Helgraf|3|-3|8
Khaldan|1|0|15
Korias|3|0|5
Lord Fullbladder|2|0|15
Mr Edward Nigma|3|-3|15
North|3|-3|14
Onasuma|3|+1|12
Orzel|3|-1|9
Pingcode20|2|0|19
Radikalskippy|3|0|14
Raiser B1ade|3|0|11
Smellie Hippie|3|-6|11
Stu42|3|+1|15
Thanatos5150|2|-6|Out!
Whitehelm|3|+1|9
Zar Peter|3|-3|9[/table]

The mood amongst contestants the next morning is at an all time low. The disappearance of Thanatos and the state of the room only highlights the morose outlook of most of the participants. When the Baroness comes in at around midday you barely have the motivation to glare at her. The Baroness picks up on the mood and begins to explain.

“Don’t worry about Thanatos, I had the guards come in and remove him for his own safety. Unconscious like that he could have swallowed his own tongue! Mind you, it would have tasted better than that haggis…”

The Baroness giggles to herself evilly before continuing.

“Oh come on liven up people please this is not a morgue! Here maybe the next course will give you some much needed energy.”

She flicks her fingers twice. The first removes the vomit from the room, leaving it shabby but thankfully clean. The second conjures a small paper package in front of every remaining competitor, they look like something you’d get as a takeaway from a fish and chip shop. Almighty Salmon glares mistrustfully at the Baroness, last year the Baron cooked his cousin!

“I hope this isn’t Salmon you witch.”

The Baroness seems to revel in his anger.

“If your going to call me names at least come up with something imaginative! I clearly am a witch, so it’s not much of an insult. No they’re not salmon; these are savoury/sweet delicacies from the northern part of a faraway island. They’re seen as something of a challenge in that kingdom, however they should give you the energy to steal and backstab from each other as much as you please. Yes dear competitors, these are battered Mars Bars!”

With that the Baroness teleports herself away and you cautiously open the paper around your next course. The smell of chocolate combined with chip shop batter invades your nostrils, a juxtaposition that both repels and attracts at the same time. You each find a battered object around the size of a normal Mars Bar, so the Baroness seems to have told you the truth. The concept of chocolate in batter is a strange one to you, but attractive as well. Do you have a taste, or do you turn it down?

Food Options

Eat the battered Mars Bar
Offer it to someone else
Eat the paper packaging instead
Refuse the whole course

Note – As usual all steals and special ability uses should be PM’d to me, though if you want to let people know about your abilities for your own purposes then that is your own decision.

The round will end late Saturday afternoon (GMT)

Good Eating!

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-18, 06:34 AM
*DLD pounces on her Mars Bar and wolfs it down*

GIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIE!

*it appears DLD will also accept offers from others*

((I've had a deep-fried Mars Bar before. Terribly unhealthy, but terribly awesome. Seriously. It's the best freakin' thing EVER!))