PDA

View Full Version : Why should being dead make you worse at being angry? [Feat]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-06, 12:48 AM
Profane Rager
You no longer have the power to exert your body as a living barbarian would, but you rage through a force of sheer will.
Prerequisites: Any undead, Cha 13, base Fort save +6, ability to rage or frenzy
Benefit: Your rage or frenzy no longer only increases your strength score, as you lack a Con store to increase. It instead increases both Str and Cha(Cha being increased only by 4, no matter the advance in barbarian's rage). Also, the length of your rage or frenzy equals as many rounds as 3+Cha modifier.
Normal: Being undead, you lack a Con score, so your modifier is treated as 0, making rage paltry.
Special: Multiclass sorcerers and bards (and other spellcasters who rely on Charisma) affected by this spell do not gain any additional bonus spells for the increased Charisma, but the save DCs for spells they cast while under this spell’s effect do increase.

RTGoodman
2007-10-06, 01:07 AM
I like it; in fact, I've actually seen a lot of people just include this as a house-rule anyway (without having to take the feat, that is).

But this makes me wonder about one thing (sorry to semi-derail the thread, but this could have an effect) - does anyone know if there's a way to get the Unholy Toughness ability (Cha for HP instead of Con) that some undead have if you don't already have it? Because if you could get than AND use this feat, you'd basically have rage for undead completely fixed (as in, you get the longer duration and more HP), which would be great if you wanted to run, say, a vampire barbarian.

Kaelaroth
2007-10-06, 02:30 AM
I like it Krimm. :smallsmile:

Jasdoif
2007-10-06, 02:56 AM
Aww, only undead? Poor constructs...and anyone who could a higher Charisma more then a higher Constitution, for that matter.

Speaking of which...for clarity, I would include something like eagle's splendor (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/eaglesSplendor.htm)'s reminder that a temporary boost to Charisma does not grant Cha-based casters additional spell slots.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-06, 03:22 AM
Aww, only undead? Poor constructs...and anyone who could a higher Charisma more then a higher Constitution, for that matter.

Speaking of which...for clarity, I would include something like eagle's splendor (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/eaglesSplendor.htm)'s reminder that a temporary boost to Charisma does not grant Cha-based casters additional spell slots.

It shall be done.

OzymandiasPBS
2007-10-06, 03:47 AM
Well, you'd be worse at raging as an undead because you have no glands, so no emotions... (cf, Mort, T. Pratchett, amongst others)

DracoDei
2007-10-06, 04:15 AM
You can't cast spells while raging anyway, so it hardly matters about gaining spell slots or whatever.
Not TOO many constructs that make good choices for PCs that I know of except the Living ones (Warforged) which have CON scores anyway...

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-06, 04:15 AM
Well, you'd be worse at raging as an undead because you have no glands, so no emotions... (cf, Mort, T. Pratchett, amongst others)

All witchcraft and sorcery! Sorcery I say!

Jasdoif
2007-10-06, 04:20 AM
You can't cast spells while raging anyway, so it hardly matters about gaining spell slots or whatever.I consider it a standard issue reminder for temporary stat increases. Not to mention the existence of the ever-fun-to-say Rage Mage, which can cast spells while raging.

DanielLC
2007-10-06, 02:29 PM

Zombies still have glands. Skeletons don't, but they don't have muscles either and that doesn't keep the from walking around.