PDA

View Full Version : Dm=god my group kills God's therefore God is dead

Altrafry
2019-06-12, 09:02 PM
Lol anyway in my group the players literally kill God's and every one of them can literally take over the world by using a wish it's sad no point of fighting anyone anymore

JNAProductions
2019-06-12, 09:04 PM
Lol anyway in my group the players literally kill God's and every one of them can literally take over the world by using a wish it's sad no point of fighting anyone anymore

This makes very little sense.

zinycor
2019-06-13, 12:48 AM
Good for you I guess

Kish
2019-06-13, 12:50 AM
...is this a confession to having murdered the DM, I wonder.

GrayDeath
2019-06-13, 02:28 AM
They killed God`s ....what? Trousers? Pipsqueek? Cat?

Elysiume
2019-06-13, 03:06 AM
Sounds like it's time to roll new characters and/or turn yourselves in to the police.

OldTrees1
2019-06-13, 03:19 AM

Well, besides just starting over at a lower power level,

1) The DM is not a god. The DM creates the campaign world and that includes creating the divine beings called gods.
2) If the PCs can do X in a trivial manner, they can start to dream of loftier goals. What obstacles are there to those new goals? Athena is not content with merely being able to fight gods, instead she challenged herself with spreading Wisdom, Knowledge, Tactics, and Civilization.
3) "God is Dead" does not mean a god died. Nietzsche said that phrase as a way to say "Europe can no longer treat the Christian moral code as a self evident code. Europe will need to start thinking about ethics rather than thoughtlessly accepting a book." and was a bit worried about the dangers of uncertainty and instability that might occur.

Willie the Duck
2019-06-13, 06:40 AM
{Scrubbed}

noob
2019-06-13, 07:13 AM
{scrubbed}

maybe the word salad was more understandable and that the typo was fixed by an automatic corrector(the auto-corrector is not omniscient nor omnibenevolent)

Altair_the_Vexed
2019-06-13, 07:54 AM
C'mon Playground, let's not be mean. :smallbiggrin:

Seems like our OP has played to the point where the party has WAY too much power, and has discovered how boring that is.

That happened in my first campaign - I didn't really think it through, but having the players "win" means that you have to start again with some new conflict, or else there's nothing much to do.

In my game, I had the players discover that the world had another side to it - it was a disc, and the other side had a new campaign setting on it: new monsters, new bad guys, etc.

(I'm not saying it was a good idea, just the way I solved the OP's apparent problem when I was 15.)

Hypersmith
2019-06-13, 07:58 AM
...is this a confession to having murdered the DM, I wonder.

My thoughts exactly. If DM=God, and you're killing multiple... :smalleek:

But yeah, might be time for a new campaign, back to the basics.

AdmiralCheez
2019-06-13, 08:18 AM
If you're looking for advice, I'd say it's time to bring the campaign to an end. Like, have the remaining gods band together to take on this threat. Have them make something that counters their wish spell, and just have an all out showdown to the death with the party. If the players win, they get to retire as the new gods, and if they lose, they went out as legends.

Segev
2019-06-13, 08:28 AM
Maybe the "Dm=[whatever]" construction is meant to be read more like:

DM: "God, my group kills gods! Therefore, God is dead."

And the rest is - as others have speculated - talking about how the OP's OP group stymied the DM and so they've "won" and there's no reason to play anymore.

Kyutaru
2019-06-13, 07:20 PM
Maybe the "Dm=[whatever]" construction is meant to be read more like:

DM: "God, my group kills gods! Therefore, God is dead."

And the rest is - as others have speculated - talking about how the OP's OP group stymied the DM and so they've "won" and there's no reason to play anymore.

I'm still in the camp that thinks this was literal homicide.

Koo Rehtorb
2019-06-13, 07:49 PM
killed God's what?

Roland St. Jude
2019-06-18, 01:53 PM
C'mon Playground, let's not be mean. :smallbiggrin:Sheriff: A good idea - always.

Misereor
2019-06-19, 01:49 AM
That's nothing. My players killed Chuck Norris and mopped up the blood with Kyle Katarn's beard.

King of Nowhere
2019-06-19, 12:16 PM

so... what does that actually mean? and what's the point of posting it? Is it a rant? is it a request for advice? And in that case, what kind of advice is actually requested?

Kantaki
2019-06-19, 03:30 PM
so... what does that actually mean? and what's the point of posting it? Is it a rant? is it a request for advice? And in that case, what kind of advice is actually requested?

How to get rid of the bodies?:smallamused::smalltongue:

denthor
2019-06-19, 04:30 PM
That's nothing. My players killed Chuck Norris and mopped up the blood with Kyle Katarn's beard.

But did they kill the dog?

Kyutaru
2019-06-19, 04:44 PM
But did they kill the dog?

And risk the wrath of John Wick??

Misereor
2019-06-20, 12:55 AM

In their defense, those sequels are getting progressively worse, so why risk another one.

Squire Doodad
2019-06-21, 09:36 AM

Do you know what you have done?!

You've killed John Wick's Dog's Human!

Cicciograna
2019-06-21, 09:39 AM
They killed God`s ....what? Trousers? Pipsqueek? Cat?

It's right in the title, they killed God's therefore. Smitten that divine adverb once and for all.

GrayDeath
2019-06-21, 04:46 PM
Dang, what are we going to do without therefore? :(

Honest Tiefling
2019-06-21, 05:08 PM
Perhaps we need to look at this in a Freudian manner. The player has indicated a triumphant victory over an authority figure. The use of the word 'God' does not necessarily indicate a masculine authority figure, such as one's father, and there is also the issue that the player has defeated multiple gods. This could be interpreted as defeating the many faces of one's father, but could also mean the slaying of Oedipal desires towards the mother, as many god are often presented in various DnD settings as destructive forces of nature, which such desires ultimately are.

We should note that the end result would initially seem as if the player characters are feeling of empowerment and freedom, but they quickly tire of meaningless power without a worthy adversary to challenge them. They are left with an empty feeling that the game they have constructed is now worthless. There is no real triumph in the ultimate victory.

Therefore, we can conclude that the OP feels as if they have succeeded in life, but have failed to impress their parents. Or not. Because Freud was weird.