PDA

View Full Version : Solaria (IC)



Pages : 1 [2]

Bitzeralisis
2007-10-28, 11:33 PM
Wilarmis [Round 1]

Filled with the surge of energy from Marcus' tactic, Wilarmis flings a Haste onto the party. Then he mentally yells out, Anybody need Greater Heroism? Extra strength? Enlargement?

Status

Wilarmis Incan Zauis'ard (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=27607)
Initiative: 5
HP: 52/52
Speed: 60 ft.
AC: 22 (+5 Dex, +3 Natural, +3 Deflect, +1 Dodge), Touch 19, FF 16
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +10, Will +8
Attacks:+2 Defending Longbow (20 Arrows) +14/+14/+9 (1d8+2, x3)
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 20, Con 10, Int 28, Wis 11, Cha 11
Conditions: Telepathic Bond 120; Haste 13

Bigmac
2007-10-29, 06:23 AM
I'll get back to you on that heroism stuff, but for now maybe you can finish what I started and blast this caster to the abyss before he can wreck any havoc.

Bronz
2007-10-29, 08:26 AM
As Marcus drills this troll caster with the power of chaos and the divine, he loses his concentration, and therefore the spell he was casting. He looks severely hurt, but as one might guess that does not last long with a troll as his wounds begin to close as they are made.

The troll that was barking orders before now starts to in earnest, and the trolls that were around the party now start to surround you. Every troll makes a movement to get closer, as much as it can, one or two even getting an attack in. After the trolls move, the giants begin forming an outer ring, taking up huge rocks steaming from the hot earth and hurling them at the party, creating a thunderstorm of fiery boulders. The giants that Marcus teleported past turn around and maneuver into position, unloading with their huge greatswords on the Master of Nine.

After the trolls all get into position, The Harpist blasts at them with repelling eldritch energy. Some of the trolls reel, but stand their ground due to their size.

After the chaos of the mundane, the troll shaman becomes extremely weary of Marcus standing there and backs off just a bit, out of his reach. He then casts a spell and truly blesses his allies on the current battle.


None of the trolls actually get to attack, but the flavor text is better that way.

The giants do hurl boulders though. AB Penalty added in if character is currently in melee.
12 giants, 4 targets, 3 boulders apiece

[roll0] [roll1]+[roll2]
[roll3] [roll4]+[roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]+[roll8]

[roll9] [roll10]+[roll11]
[roll12] [roll13]+[roll14]
[roll15] [roll16]+[roll17]

[roll18] [roll19]+[roll20]
[roll21] [roll22]+[roll23]
[roll24] [roll25]+[roll26]

[roll27] [roll28]+[roll29]
[roll30] [roll31]+[roll32]
[roll33] [roll34]+[roll35]


The Giants around Marcus open up as well, using one swing apiece for now.

[roll36] [roll37]
[roll38] [roll39]
[roll40] [roll41]
[roll42] [roll43] This one flanks




Round 2 map!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff251/Bronz1369/GiantTribe-Round2.jpg


//Neftren is up. Everyone please take damage if warranted

Neftren
2007-10-29, 03:48 PM
Pelemaeus

As the giants hurl boulders, they fall around Pelemaeus as he rolls and dodges around them. While still invisible, he comes right up against the troll to his left and mauls him from the shadows of concealment.


Gotcha.

Attack Roll: vs. Flat Footed AC
Damage Roll: [roll1] Points of Piercing Damage
Critical Confirm: [Roll]]1d20+20 -- Confirms on a Natural Roll of 16.

Ertoth has to make a DC 20 Fort Save or take 15d6 Points of Damage. If he makes his save, he instead takes 5d6 Points of Damage.
Death in the Dark - Damage: [roll2]

By the way, Rapiers are 18-20/x2, so a Keen Rapier goes to 16, not 15.
Edit: Rolls are ALL wrong. Go back to the original post to get the correct ones.

Bronz
2007-10-29, 04:20 PM
The shadows erupt around Ertoh near the party, with Pel attacking him. Ertoth reels a bit at the unexpected damage, but seems to absorb most of it, and use it to fuel his anger.

Martial Lore DC 19

Obviously Steely Resolve. He absorbed 10 points of damage. A Giant Crusader! Run for the hills!



//Chili is up, even though the readied action triggered. I am currently ignoring //the init change because of my own error.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-29, 05:50 PM
Harpist

"Get back, you things," Harpist orders as he takes a step back and, through a strong chord played on his harp, unleashes another wave of energy at the trolls.

5-ft step to AO28, Sickening Cone to catch the three trolls that were threatening him. Will cast defensively if he's still being threatened.
Reflex DC 24 half damage, Fort DC 21 or be sickened for 1 minute.
[Concentration check 17, 24 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342232)]

Bronz
2007-10-29, 07:38 PM
After The Harpist creates a few sickened and now very damaged trolls, El digs down deep to his resilient roots and stands back up. He deftly avoids the blows that result from the trolls, and then proceeds to walk directly back into Ertoth's dangerous reach, aiming to damage him beyond repair. Ertoth takes an opportune swing, and bashes El again, knocking back another 10 feet to lie prone once again.

Ertoth then turns to the immediate danger at hand, the invisible foe. Using his Zealous rage, he turns on this foe and tries to pummel him into the ground!


Ertoth's attack (attacking the square where his attack originated)
[roll0]
[roll1] Miss on a 1

[roll2] + [roll3]
Martial Lore DC 18

bonecrusher

Bigmac
2007-10-29, 09:57 PM
Marcus ignites his blade on fire and attacks the priest relentlessly, but with a wary eye out for the other Giants.


Using the burning blade maneuver.
Full Attack with combat expertise (-7 to hit, +7 to AC)
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3] (EDIT: 54 damage with extra dice)
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7] (EDIT: 56 damage with extra dice)

Just take the first X dice as needed
[roll8]

Marcus will 5ft step east during his attack.

Bronz
2007-10-29, 10:42 PM
Marcus connects with the Troll Shaman, blistering it's skin while it's flayed at the same time. It drops into a pile of burnt flesh, and before it hits the ground Marcus turns to finish off one of the giants that landed a blow on him previously. Unfortunately, he overcompensated attacking the troll and only got a glancing blow in.

//Bitz is up

Bitzeralisis
2007-10-30, 12:03 AM
Wilarmis [Round 2]

Wilarmis dodges the first rock, watches as the second bounces off, and jumps away from the third.

"Harreokth fahrgs-enh, Ertoth! Ne vhrra strahkpplors fahrgs!*" shouts Wilarmis in Abyssal, shooting a Disintegrate at Ertoth.

Full damage (26d6=85) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342834)
Fortitude save, DC 25 (5d6=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342838)

*Prepare yourself, Ertoth! I shall destroy you!

Status

Wilarmis Incan Zauis'ard (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=27607)
Initiative: 5
HP: 52/52
Speed: 60 ft.
AC: 22 (+5 Dex, +3 Natural, +3 Deflect, +1 Dodge), Touch 19, FF 16
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +10, Will +8
Attacks:+2 Defending Longbow (20 Arrows) +14/+14/+9 (1d8+2, x3)
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 20, Con 10, Int 28, Wis 11, Cha 11
Conditions: Telepathic Bond 119; Haste 12

Bronz
2007-10-30, 08:24 AM
Ertoth wreathes in pain, with part of his flesh vaporized from Wil's spell. He looks angrier than ever. He looks back to order his Shaman up to heal him, and finds him in a pile of his own flesh, dead. Infuriated, Ertoth let's out a mighty roar.

Apparently taking that as the signal to commence bombardment, the troll sergeant gives orders to surround the party, and the giants then do their thing.

The giants around Marcus apparently smell blood, and are trying to finish him off by moving with him.


Bombardment

[roll0] [roll1]+[roll2]
[roll3] [roll4]+[roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]+[roll8]

[roll9] [roll10]+[roll11]
[roll12] [roll13]+[roll14]
[roll15] [roll16]+[roll17]
Add 4 to AC because in Melee

[roll18] [roll19]+[roll20]
[roll21] [roll22]+[roll23]
[roll24] [roll25]+[roll26]
Add 8 to AC because of ranged vs. prone and in melee

[roll27] [roll28]+[roll29]
[roll30] [roll31]+[roll32]
[roll33] [roll34]+[roll35]


Giants vs. Marcus

[roll36] [roll37]
[roll38] [roll39]
[roll40] [roll41]
[roll42] [roll43]

Bigmac
2007-10-30, 09:01 AM
Wil, use your illusion to create a large cloud of darkness that covers the group. That should take care of the artiliery from the giants. Might even confuse some of the trolls that are getting closer.

El, crawl away from Big Boy then get up and heal yourself. I'll be needing some healing in a bit as well.

Pel, attack mercilessly from invisibility. After your attack be sure to step to one side or the other. I'll be bringing the ancient hammer of the mountains to back you up.

Harper, continue to whittle down the strength of those near you.

Neftren
2007-10-30, 10:04 AM
Pelemaeus

Switch to Assassin's Stance, for 2d6 Sneak Attack Damage.
Using Avalanche of Blades on Ertoth.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

Those should be enough attack rolls for now. Just keep going until I miss. Now for damage:

Sneak Attack:
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]

Weapon Damage:
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]
[roll31]
[roll32]
[roll33]

Confirm Crit:

[roll34]
[roll35]
[roll36]
[roll37]
[roll38]
[roll39]
[roll40]
[roll41]
[roll42]
[roll43]
[roll44]

Then I'll 5-Foot Step to the side I guess...

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-30, 01:24 PM
Harpist
AC 23, Hp 58/78 (DR 3/Cold Iron)

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Oh, this time, Harpist goes absolutely hardcore with the damaging. Because he got hurt.
This time, he's going to Sickening Cone the three trolls again, and if they all die, then he'll Sickening Chain the closest 3 enemies that he can find, through Quicken Spell-like Ability. Don't know what the map's like, so use your best judgment.

[Two Concentration checks 12 & 10.
Cone #1: Ref DC 24 or 25 damage.
Chain #1: 25 Touch to hit, 29 damage.
Chain #2: 23 Touch to hit, 30 damage.
Chain #3: 21 Touch to hit, 32 damage. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1343546)
Fort Save DC 21 on all hits or be sickened if not already.]

Raistlin1040
2007-10-30, 08:21 PM
Elzaon

Elzaon stands, and takes a five foot step down (the square below his current square on the map) and cast Heal on himself.

(I assume casting heal negates the harm in his hand, unless he can have a heal in one and a harm in the other.)

Bronz
2007-10-31, 08:00 AM
Ertoth looks decidedly unhappy. His shaman has gone down, and the puny things are nitpicking him to death. He decides to take care of the invisible one that's right in front of him. He reaches down, as if with the intent to strangle Pel to death with his bare hands, and meets only air. Not knowing if Pel has moved or not, he tries again and misses again. Frustrated, Ertoth looks around for something else to swing at, and sees his opportunity. A flying man is coming his way, and that is where he will put all his anger.

Marcus, after flying away from the fire giants, flies down, at an angle to Ertoth, in order to let an ally flank but not low enough for any other giants but Ertoth to hit him. He swings with the force of the mountain, and cuts into Ertoth deeply, almost bringing him to a knee. Ertoth reacts, as he was waiting for this, and swings as hard as he can at Marcus.

Ertoth's AoO

[roll0] [roll1]


After those attacks are exchanged, Wil decides enough is enough with the bombardment and encompasses the group and more with what looks like is utter darkness, but is really just an illusion. Hopefully, a minimum amount of giants see through it.

Most of the trolls affected scream out that they've been blinded, and one seems to be confused as he sees everything in a haze. Ertoth goes off in a fit of rage, now vowing to kill the puny that did this to him.

The troll sergeant only sees darkness, and orders his trolls into the fray. Not knowing what to do, the trolls blatantly disobey, and instead back off a bit. The giants, hearing their chieftain scream for blood, renew their supply of boulders from the springs, and wait to begin bombardment anew.

Neftren
2007-10-31, 08:47 AM
Pelemaeus

Pelemaeus once again moves in for the kill, bringing Supernal Clarity up to bear and hurling a noose of pure shadow to strangle Ertoth. He then moves five feet to his left.

Expended Maneuvers:
* Death in the Dark
* Avalanche of Blades
* Shadow Garrote
* Shadow Noose


Attacking with Shadow Noose for 8d6 points of damage. Ranged Touch Attack against Ertoth and he has to make a DC 19 Fortitude Save or be stunned for a round. (Come on Ertoth, roll a 0!)

[roll0]
[roll1]

Then move 1 square North.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-31, 01:50 PM
Harpist
AC 23, Hp 58/78 (DR 3/Cold Iron)

Ignoring the darkness as Wil advised, the Harpist plays a chord on his harp, and a somewhat-invisible shield covers him like a bubble.
And then, as quick as anything, another chord is played and the Troll sergeant and two of his lackeys should find bolts of pure energy being hurtled at them.

Entropic Warding to shield him from whatever next onslaught of boulders comes along.
Quickened Sickening Chain to the troll sergeant and the two trolls closest to him.

[Chain #1: 30 to hit, 23 damage.
Chain #2: 28 to hit, 23 damage.
Chain #3: 26 to hit, 26 damage. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1345703)
Fort Save DC 21 on all hits or be sickened for 1 minute.]

Raistlin1040
2007-10-31, 03:18 PM
Elzaon, up and fully healed, uses his Death Touch. He moves 10 feet forward, attempting to touch the blinded giant chief.

(42)

Bronz
2007-10-31, 06:21 PM
El touches Ertoth with death on his thoughts, and Ertoth screams loud enough to hear for miles. He collapses in a heap of dead flesh, almost crushing El in the process and causing a loud crash.

Bigmac
2007-10-31, 11:15 PM
Marcus floats 5ft East and attacks the Giants there, continueing to keep his guard up.


full attack w/ CE. Marcus will also recover his maneuvers with a swift action.
[roll0] [roll1] (20dmg)
[roll2] [roll3] (cirt for 53 dmg)
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

[roll8]

Bitzeralisis
2007-11-01, 12:33 AM
Wilarmis [Round 4]

Once again, Wilarmis is bombarded by rocks. He gets smashed in the arm by the first one, but gathers up enough willpower to ignore the pain and dodges the other two.

"Ne-sach-strahk fopm-avharr!*" growls Wilarmis, shooting a Freezing Sphere at AB-32 to AC-33, and blasting the giants around it.

They take [roll0] × 1.5 frost damage, and the water there freezes for the next 13 rounds. Reflex save for half damage.

*Literally "I" + "am" + "anger" + "currently" + "at this time;" translates to "Now I'm angry!"

Status

Wilarmis Incan Zauis'ard (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=27607)
Initiative: 5
HP: 27/52
Speed: 60 ft.
AC: 22 (+5 Dex, +3 Natural, +3 Deflect, +1 Dodge), Touch 19, FF 16
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +10, Will +8
Attacks:+2 Defending Longbow (20 Arrows) +14/+14/+9 (1d8+2, x3)
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 20, Con 10, Int 28, Wis 11, Cha 11
Conditions: Telepathic Bond 117; Haste 10

Bronz
2007-11-01, 08:15 AM
After hearing Ertoth go down, and seeing the freezing magic assault the giants close to him, the Sergeant seems more determined than ever. He begins barking orders around to his trolls...who promptly ignore him. Seeing their captive leader down, every troll that is able runs for the hills, using the same path that the group came down on. Very quickly after, the Sergeant follows them.

Hearing their Chieftain go down screaming, seeing their fodder run off for the hills, and being blasted with ice, the giants all seem to have the same idea. They scatter to the various caves around the area, but none of them enter the one to the east.

It is unknown if the giants are running for reinforcements or just running. They aren't actually saying anything, just yelling and screaming.

Raistlin1040
2007-11-01, 10:03 PM
((So...out of combat? If so, read the rest of my post. Not, just ignore it.))

Elzaon kneels next to Ertoth's corpse and rummages through his posessions, putting them all in a pile after looking them over. He then opens his mouth. He drops in 14 gems, and utters a few words. From what the party can make out, they sound likeRise, servant.

He makes a few gestures, and brings the slain cheiftain to a state of undeath as a skeleton.

(Casting Animate Dead and making him a Skeleton)

Neftren
2007-11-02, 08:42 AM
Pelemaeus

Pelemaeus whistles, "Hey, nifty!" He then looks up at the Skeletal Ertoth and pokes it gently to see if it's alive. He bounces back as Ertoth's head swings towards him. "Ooh, scary." He then sits down to meditate and recover his maneuvers.

Raistlin1040
2007-11-02, 04:45 PM
Elzaon

Quite nifty if I do say so myself.

He sorts through the pile of Ertoth's swag.

Bronz
2007-11-02, 05:13 PM
El sits down and attempts to go through Ertoth's personal possessions, all of which are located in a dirty sack that hung at his hip. El digs through actual mud, finds a human leg that had a bite taken out of it, as well as a necklace of heads that Ertoth seemed to be putting together as a collection. The heads seem to be both human and possibly half-elven, in varying states of decay.

Along with that, some actual useful things as well (depending on your definition)
A giant cloak
A chunk of cheese
A haunch of edible meat
A whetstone
A few sticks of charcoal
Some dried animal dung
A bowl and spoon, both with old food on them
Some old, dried fruit
and
A lump of wax.
Also deep in is a bunch of gold coins, sticking to each other, and some sort of rod.

Raistlin1040
2007-11-02, 06:00 PM
He puts the cloak, whetstone, coins, and rod in one pile, and the rest of the items in the other. He then casts Detect magic twice, once on each pile.

((So the Skeleton has the sword right?))

Bitzeralisis
2007-11-02, 11:43 PM
Wilarmis

Wilarmis watches as Elzaon digs through the mud. "Ew, mud." He then watches as Ertoth's skeleton bursts out of his body and form into a mindless undead skeleton thing.
Wilarmis has told his story about why he never has minions do his bidding many times. His familiars have always died on him in the week following the day that they were acquired, and the undead minions caused him much trouble when he attempted to enter cities. Plus, all the mercenaries Wilarmis have ever hired either died or got afflicted by some permanent mental condition, so he had a bad time with them as well. And they were barbaric and stinky.
Anyways, Wilarmis looks down at his burnt / crushed arm and pokes it and winces. "That was stupid," he mumbles, and pokes it out of curiosity again. He then turns back to the skeleton. "I wonder if that thing is capable of giving me piggypack rides. That'd be kind of cool." He turns his head to the east cave. "Obviously, that's where the pregnant giant woman person objective-creature to-be-captured-thing object mission-goal item is."

Raistlin1040
2007-11-03, 12:16 AM
Well, he's certainly capable, but you are not riding on my harbringer of death as long as I'm around. Anyway, he'll probably be destroyed by the time we get back to the city. But for now, he'll be usefull enough. Anyway, need some healing Wil?

Bitzeralisis
2007-11-03, 12:57 AM
"Sure. Would you call this wound moderate or serious?" Wilarmis pokes his arm absentmindedly again and twitches in pain. "Harbringer of death, my foot."

Bronz
2007-11-03, 01:24 AM
The group gathers some things, El prepares a minion, and Pel sits down, in the middle of everything, and attempts to discern the properties of Ertoth's mighty hammer.

Whilst this is happening, 4 giants come out of their holes, 2 from the North and 2 from the South, and attempt a small bombardment on the lax group. After they throw their boulders, they run back, inside the cave, apparently using guerilla hit and run tactics.

Rolls!

[roll0] [roll1]+[roll2]
[roll3] [roll4]+[roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]+[roll8]
[roll9] [roll10]+[roll11]

Raistlin1040
2007-11-03, 10:02 AM
It looks painful, but not too bad.

He takes a rock on the back and winces. He walks up to Wil and casts Cure Moderate Wounds.

[roll0]

He then puts Ertoth's coins in his pocket, and well as the rod.

Raistlin1040
2007-11-04, 10:56 AM
((Sorry, double post))

Elzaon looks around.

We don't have much time. Those giants could be back soon. I suggest that we investigate the cave to the east. It could be Ertoth's quarters, and we could find valuble supplies or even his daughter if we're lucky. Even if it's nothing more then an empty cave, we could rest there for the night, get our spells back, and prepare for an attack tomorrow.

Neftren
2007-11-05, 09:41 AM
Pelemaeus

"Well, we might as well start somewhere... lets go!"

Pelemaeus runs up to the cave, then stops and presses himself against the side of the cave mouth.

Bronz
2007-11-05, 10:50 AM
Pel dashes up the walkway, making hardly a sound. He uses the cave mouth as cover as he slowly peaks in, trying to use his senses the best he can.

There is an unbelievable heat coming from within the cave, so much so that it makes it hard to breathe the hot vapors. There is a bright glow coming some distance down into the cave, though it is hard to discern from this distance.

Bitzeralisis
2007-11-05, 10:09 PM
Wilarmis

While waiting patiently, Wilarmis decides to give himself the assurance of protection by casting a Greater Mage Armor on himself.

Raistlin1040
2007-11-05, 10:11 PM
Elzaon raises an eyebrow at Pel and then follows him, beckoning for the others to follow him.

The_Chilli_God
2007-11-05, 10:25 PM
Harpist

For want of a better thing to do, the Harpist follows, making sure to keep within reach of cover as much as possible.

Bronz
2007-11-06, 05:34 PM
The party turns the corner and heads into the cave. It heads straight into the mountain, at a fairly steep incline. The entrance and the cave itself is massive, at least 20' wide and 20' tall. The cave doesn't seem to be worked at all, but merely a natural occurrence.

As the group moves further into the cave, it begins to get even hotter. The temperature must be nearing 150 degrees (F). Nearing 100' in, the glow from before gets brighter, and turning a corner the group sees a massive magma flow cutting across their path. There is a 20' wide chasm separating the group from progress. The magma seems to be flowing quite quickly, and is about 2' down from the cave floor.

Off ahead, it seems the cave makes another turn, and is still heading downward.

Neftren
2007-11-07, 08:29 PM
Pelemaeus

Still pressed to the wall, Pelemaeus slowly advances down the hallway into the cave. Seeing the solid river of lava, he abruptly stops to examine his surroundings. The heat was bearable to Pelemaeus, although he knew that eventually it would overcome everything.

Listen: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Pelemaeus will then kneel down and meditate for five minutes to calm his inner core.

Bitzeralisis
2007-11-08, 12:54 AM
Wilarmis

"This river is very wide. But that much is obvious." Wilarmis rolls his eyes. "I can dim-door us across the lava, but that'd be one-way."

Bigmac
2007-11-15, 10:52 AM
"Here, let me ferry everyone across." Marcus uses his boots again and lifts off of the ground, then extends his hand towards Wil. "Comeon, I promise I won't drop you. You can save your door for if we need to make a hasty exit."

Bronz
2007-11-15, 01:30 PM
The group is easily flown over the lava by Marcus and his boots, and all things are right once more.

After the party lands on the other side, there seems to be a continuation of what was before. The large cave continues downward, until after another quarter mile of walking the group makes a turn and sees two fire giants standing in front of a gigantic closed iron door. These giants don't seem like the rest however, as they are wearing glowing red hot armor, hold shields of the same, and hold large spears that are alight with flame. They notice the group's approach, and yell out something in Giant.

For those that can speak Giant

Non-worshippers are not allowed to see Malathanaxis. Be gone, or lose your heads!

For those that here the name, and succeed on a DC25 Knowl. Arcane roll

Malathanaxis is an adult or old red dragon that has been known to liken himself to a deity. No one has come back alive after seeing him that has said he is not.

Raistlin1040
2007-11-15, 08:04 PM
Let us pass. We are the new chiefs of this tribe. We have slain Ertoth, and his skeleton is my slave. Don't believe us? Look at the hammer the skeleton wields. Is it not the hammer he once held in life. We killed him, and if you don't let us through, well...

Bronz
2007-11-15, 08:41 PM
The giant on the right speaks up in well spoken common.

Malathanaxis cares not for Ertoth, living or dead, current or future Chieftain. Only that his sacrifices are kept up. So unless you are here to worship at his immortal feet, be gone!

Bitzeralisis
2007-11-15, 09:13 PM
Wilarmis

Malathanaxis... that's the name of some powerful dragon, is it not? I once read it in a book about dragons, who knows the title... he's one of those fancy stereotypical red dragons.

Bronz
2007-11-19, 03:47 PM
The fire giants seem to become irritated with the group, and appear to take defensive postures. It seems as though they will attack unless the group somehow calms them or turns around as they have demanded.

The_Chilli_God
2007-11-20, 03:38 PM
Harpist

The Harpist waves a reassuring gesture at the fire giants, telling them to settle down. "I would not be too hasty with those weapons. Relationships between the great Malathanaxis and his humble subjects are tenuous as they are - if you kill us, the chiefs, then that will be it."

[Bluff check 39 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1383646)]
Lets play a little on the degree of separation between dragon and giants.

Bronz
2007-11-20, 03:50 PM
The giant guards look at each other, with suspicion on their faces. One of them, after seeing the truth of the matter, seems to be ready to grant the group passage. The other however, narrows his eyes a bit.

I have not been warned of visitors today, and I would have if Malathanaxis's disciples were to be dropping by.

What, exactly, is going on that warrants your draconic presence?

The_Chilli_God
2007-11-25, 11:38 PM
Harpist

Encouraged, he continues.
"It is a matter of great urgency and importance, or otherwise I would not have interrupted the Great Malathanaxis's time with our presence.
If you have not already heard, the members of the Gurr clan are planning a revolution against Malathanaxis. We must not let this plan come to fruition, lest it threaten his tributes.
If you feel it is appropriate, I will be glad to pass the duty of relaying this information onto you."

Take 10 if I possibly can. Total result of the answer to the life, the universe and everything. (42)
If I can't... [Bluff check 38 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1392272)]

Bronz
2007-11-26, 08:41 AM
DM

The giant on the left looks suspiciously at the Harpist and then at the rest of the group. He does however, nod to his counterpart who enthusiastically opens the door in front of him and heads down the hall to who knows where. The suspicious giant then closes the door.

*I thank you for your support. This is now an internal matter. Feel free to leave anytime you like if that would be soon. You can worship at any of the other altars.*

He then assumes his guard defensive stance, and seems to expect the group to leave.

The_Chilli_God
2007-11-26, 01:05 PM
Harpist

We best not raise suspicions further, unless you want to kill this remaining giant and shove ourselves on the dragon's black list. Lets go.

"I thank you for your time and patience, honored one."
The Harpist bows honorably, and begins to walk away, hoping that the rest of the group will follow.

Raistlin1040
2007-11-26, 07:00 PM
Elzaon nods to the giants and bows, before following Harper.

Neftren
2007-11-26, 07:42 PM
Pelemaeus

"Thank you for your time. We apologize if we have wasted any of it." He then nods to the remaining giant and follows the others.

Bronz
2007-11-29, 09:47 PM
The group heads back down the cave, back in the direction they came from. In that direction, of course, is the lava river that needs crossing back the other way.

Marcus, who flew the group across last time, seems lost in thought as he silently follows the group, useless for the time being as he seems totally distracted.

Bitzeralisis
2007-11-29, 09:55 PM
It's the forces that be. Marcus' Puppeteer is not here at the moment.

Wilarmis

"Get together, people," says Wilarmis. Once everybody congregates, Wil casts Dimension Door to cross the lava river.

Bronz
2007-12-02, 12:47 PM
The group easily sidesteps the river of lava, and comes back out into the small ravine that houses the fire giant tribe. As they walk out of the easternmost cave, they notice a few fire giant women rummaging through some tents. As they see the group, they stop what they are doing and run as fast as they can into the southern most cave.

Other than that distraction, the camp seems as it was left just a few minutes prior.

Neftren
2007-12-05, 07:57 PM
Pelemaeus

"Well, we might as well find a way to camp... Wil, do you require some rope to cast Rope Trick? If I remember correctly, that spell has saved us more than a few times in the past."

Raistlin1040
2007-12-08, 12:01 AM
I suggest we rest soon. I've used up my best spells, and Wil has cast some of his as well. We could have the Ertoth Skeleton watch camp while we rest, or we could take shifts.

Bronz
2007-12-12, 11:46 PM
Wil
We should definitely rest soon. I have a neat spell rope trick that will let us hide on a completely separate plane...but we can't bring in any other extradimensional spaces.

Or we can hoof it out of here and rest outside the valley. I don't believe I have any teleportations memorized.

Wil then pauses a moment, thinking and seeming to go through an internal inventory of sorts.

Nope, certainly don't. So which will it be gents?

Raistlin1040
2007-12-14, 06:43 PM
I'm extra-dimensional space free. I seem to recall Pel having a Handy Haversack or somthing though. Perhaps we could hide it while we're gone?

Bitzeralisis
2007-12-14, 07:08 PM
Wilarmis

"Speaking of extra-dimensional spaces, I seem to have one on my back right now." Remembering that he has something to write in, Wilarmis removes his handy haversack and starts digging through it. Moments later, he stands back up, with a journal of sorts and an inkpen in hand. Wilarmis flips through the journal, until he finds a page he's looking for. He adds to what he has written so far:
Rope
Wilarmis then underlines it twice, snaps the book closed, and drops it back in the handy haversack among with his inkpen. "Now I'll need a rope."

Neftren
2007-12-14, 09:16 PM
Pelemaeus

Pelemaeus hands his rope to Wil.

Bronz
2007-12-15, 11:14 AM
DM

Pel hands Wil some rope, and the group heads back into the cave mouth to setup their odd resting place. The various other packs and holdings that go to other realms were hidden among the rocks, and were invisible to any naked eye.

10 hours pass while in this hole in space, and the group watched as a few giants came in and out of the cave, mostly giant women. One of the giant guards eventually came out, heading very purposefully to the northern most cave.

After this time is spent, the group is well rested and re-studied as the spell is cancelled and they stand on the cave mouth to Malathanaxis yet again.

Neftren
2007-12-15, 11:20 AM
Pelemaeus

"That giant looked like he was going to that northern cave with a purpose... we could either go for him and see what it was about, or we can go check on the Mala-whatshisname dragon again. Whaddya guys think?"

The_Chilli_God
2007-12-15, 01:27 PM
Harpist

Harpist speaks in a hushed voice, not willing to have it echo through these caves and reveal their presence.
"I would not recommend going back. We have no further reason to visit the dragon, and we might be either wearing her patience thin, or we'd put ourselves in danger if the truth is revealed.
We should assess the situation, and then do what we came here to do, with the opportunity we have."

Bitzeralisis
2007-12-15, 03:41 PM
Wilarmis

Wilarmis outs down his spellbook. "Yes, yes, of course. I prepared a teleportation today, expecting ourselves to continue with the given mission and get out of here. Malthinzis— er, Martanhaxis— ... that dragon whose name I cannot pronounce properly is of no use to us concurrently, though we may wish to return at a later time and slay him for his treasure."

[[ Spells will be prepared after lunch. ]]

Bronz
2007-12-18, 11:21 PM
As the group debates their next move just inside the cave to Malathanaxis, they witness a female giant and a man-size child walk out of the south cave, notice the group, then immediately turn around in alarm. Everyone notices that the child did not quite look normal, but from this distance you can't put your finger on it.

Raistlin1040
2007-12-19, 04:46 PM
Let's go after them.

Elzaon nods to the Ertoth skeleton, and it looks ready to move at a moment's notice.

Bitzeralisis
2007-12-19, 05:40 PM
Wilarmis

"Agreed," says Wilarmis, who will set out towards the cave if anyone else does.

Bronz
2007-12-19, 05:45 PM
The group, deciding on a course of action, trots off after the pair of giants towards the south cave.

Upon approaching it's entrance, the group notices the fact that this cave smells certainly of food, and other smells as well (that aren't so nice). The entrance is fairly small, but even without entering the group sees that it immediately opens up into a large hall. You cannot get an accurate count of what is in there, but you definitely notice 3 giants, regular size and male, arguing and rushing towards you.

Bronz
2007-12-20, 09:36 PM
All three seem to be wielding great clubs. They advance on the group very quickly, apparently in a very big rush.

The one in the lead speaks up, in a very rough but hurried tone.

"Leave! Now! We don't want you here. If you decide to stay we will CLUB you out!"

With the proclamation, all three beat their giant clubs into their giant hands, in anticipation of an answer.

Neftren
2007-12-20, 09:48 PM
Pelemaeus

"Club us out? We fought your petty chieftain to death and raised him back again. We fought a bunch of your tribes and slaves. We're still alive. They're not. Now lets try to be friendly. Help us, and we'll leave you to your business."

His hand slowly moves to his sword, ready to draw it at a moment's notice.

Bitzeralisis
2007-12-20, 11:28 PM
Wilarmis

"Yes, yes, It would be foolish to challenge us..." mumbles Wilarmis, putting a vague look on his face.

Bronz
2007-12-20, 11:34 PM
Well what in the abyss do you want?! Hurry, or good slaves you'll make!

There is an obvious leader here, as he is the only one who speaks. The other two seemingly just follow the direction he is headed. Also, you do notice at this point multiple women and a couple children trying to peer in and see what's going on. None of the children is the same one you saw prior.

Raistlin1040
2007-12-20, 11:43 PM
I wonder how much life force each of you is worth compared to Ertoth. Maybe I could get two of you with one spell...Or I could simply order my slave here to rip you apart. The Reaper is not picky as to who enters his domain, or what condition they are in...Yes, I do believe that's a good plan, unless you choose to cooperate.

What do we want? The specifics are a bit sketchy, depending on how many of you want to walk out of here with your lives, but it basically boils down to we need a few of your tribe. The chief's daughter, who rumor tells is pregnant, and a child, who looks somewhat different from the rest of you. Give us those two, or three if you count the unborne child as one, and we will be on our merry way, never to bother you again. Choose to resist, well...

He stops talking but turns his head to gaze at the Ertoth skeleton.

Bronz
2007-12-21, 12:04 AM
The giants all look together after that fortune telling of horror, and look somewhat troubled. Pel however coughs on his dry throat right at the end, and destroys the entire effect. The giants look at the group, and then each other again, and then decide to charge.


The giants come flying at the group, essentially 2 wide with one in the back (who won't actually be able to charge). One charges Pel and the other charges El.

Initiative please :smallbiggrin:

Giant attacks

[roll0] Against Pel
[roll1] Against El

[roll2]
[roll3]

This is against flat footed AC (surprise round)

Bitzeralisis
2007-12-21, 12:18 AM
Wilarmis

[roll0]

The vagueness on Wilarmis's face remains undisturbed, but he seems to have shifted into a more favorable fighting position.

The_Chilli_God
2007-12-21, 02:16 AM
Harpist
Hp 78/78, AC 23, Init 14

Oh well, too late to do anything about it, now.
"It appears, then, that you have sealed your own fate with your foolishness."
Harpist takes out his harp, and holds it, quite ready to start blasting the giants up with his deadly melodies.

Readied action: As soon as one the giants attempt another attack, Sickening Chain on all three of them, targeting the leader as primary target.
Chain #1: Touch attack 17; 29 damage.
Chain #2: Touch attack 27; 14 damage.
Chain #3: Touch attack 26; 14 damage.
DC 21 Fort save for each target or be sickened for 1 minute.
Rolls made here (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1439021) And this time, I actually read the full description of Eldritch Chain. Apparently, each additional target only takes half the damage of the first target. So ignore those second and third damage rolls.
Mind you, Harpist is careful not to make his playing too loud. No need to attract the attention of the dragon to him, after all.

Neftren
2007-12-21, 09:06 AM
Pelemaeus

Initiative: [roll0]

Pelemaeus brings the sword up immediately, smoothly dodging the oncoming assault.

Do I get an AoO since his straight line charge went past me? I've got Uncanny Dodge, so I retain my 35 AC at the moment.

Neftren
2007-12-21, 09:26 AM
Pelemaeus -Round 1
Hp 98/98, AC 35, Init 30

After smoothly avoiding the dodge, Pelemaeus swiftly changes form, as if those who would hit him would miss more often. He then backs up out of the Giant's range, then hurls black iridescent strands of shadow at the nearest giant, attempting to strangle it.

Using a swift action to switch into Pearl of Black Doubt, using my move action to back up somewhere, then using Shadow Garrote to attempt a ranged touch attack for [roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage. If it fails a DC 16 Fortitude Save, then it becomes flat footed until the start of it's next turn.

Raistlin1040
2007-12-21, 03:34 PM
[roll0] Init.

Elzaon sighs.

Guess we're going to have to kill you.

He says it like it's almost a chore.

He readies himself for combat. He takes a 5-foot step back and casts Summon Monster VII, summoning a Bone Devil.

Attack!

Ertoth's Skeleton moves and attacks the nearest Giant with his club.

Attack
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

(I can't remember if I have to wait a turn after summoning a creature for it to attack. If so, ignore the rest of my post)

The Bone Devil moves and attacks the nearest giant as well.

Attack
[roll3]
Damage
[roll4]

Bitzeralisis
2007-12-21, 04:56 PM
Wilarmis
Initiative: 21
Hit Points: 52/52
AC: 21, Touch 18, FF 16
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +9, Will +8

"Hello. My name is The Wizard," says Wilarmis, greeting the giants vaguely. He casts Slow.

Bronz
2007-12-21, 05:06 PM
After the giants charge, the group reacts faster than lightning. Pel neatly dodges a giant club and tumbles behind everyone, comes up and unleashes a shadowy hell upon the "leader giant". He chokes hard, but stands his ground.
Wil the Wizard then stands his ground confidently, incants words of magic, and immediately the world slows down for these 3 poor giants, as they seem to begin to react, and even talk, half as fast as normal. The skeleton Ertoth takes a piece out of the front runner, and some ribs of his are knocked out in return. The harpist, using his infernal powers, hits all three with a sickly green colored energy. It almost chokes them, but they stave it off. Finally, one giant steps up and makes an errant swing at the Harpist, while the third in line tries to slowly move up.



For Me:

Leader Giant: -45, Slowed
Giant 1: Slowed
Giant 2: Slowed



Rolls

Rolling for entire group as one save when possible
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3] Against Ertoth Skeleton
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6] Against Harpist
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9] Against Wil

Bitzeralisis
2007-12-21, 05:37 PM
Wilarmis
Initiative: 21
Hit Points: 52/52
AC: 21, Touch 18, FF 16
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +9, Will +8

"Hello," says Wilarmis more forcefully. The vagueness has gone a bit out of his face. "I said my name was The Wizard. It would really be much more polite if you greeted me and told me your names too." Wilarmis stares at the giants with the most clueless and/or annoyed expression he could muster.

Wilarmis casts Haste on the party and moves backwards to a safer place.

Neftren
2007-12-21, 05:39 PM
Pelemaeus - Round 2
Hp 98/98, AC 35, Init 30

"You guys really don't learn do you? After we took out your now skeletal leader, killed your bad mojo shaman troll, terrorized a bunch of slaves and took over your village for a night, you really ought to realize we're very single minded in our goal when it comes to us and our employers."

He then dashes towards the leader giant, lashing out. Thick black tendrils snake towards the giant's eyes, obscuring them somewhat. Lashing out with Supernal Clarity, he attempts to cut the giant to ribbons.

Will run towards the leader giant and use the Obscuring Shadow Veil maneuver. I make a single melee attack of [roll0] to hit and deal normal melee damage of [roll1] points of Piercing Damage. In addition to that, he takes [roll2] points of damage and must make a DC 17 Fortitude Save or suffer a miss chance [50%] on all melee and ranged attack rolls for one round.

Neftren
2007-12-21, 05:40 PM
Critical Threat Roll to hit Leader Giant: [roll0]
If I hit, I deal 10 Damage instead of 5 with the rapier.

Raistlin1040
2007-12-21, 05:54 PM
The Ertoth Skeleton turns its attention away from the leader and attacks on of the ones behind it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]


The Bone Devil moves towards the other giant not the leader, and radiates his fear aura (5-foor radius, Will Save 17 or Fear) He then full attacks the giant.

Bite [roll4] [roll5]
2 Claws [roll6] [roll7] [roll8] [roll9]
Sting [roll10] [roll11] (If hits, roll Fort Save, DC 20.)

Elzaon smiles at the carnage his creatures bring. He casts Hypothermia at the giant the Bone Devil is attacking.

[roll12] and becomes fatigued.

Fort. Save 21 halves damage and negate fatigue.

The_Chilli_God
2007-12-21, 06:15 PM
Harpist
Hp 59/77, AC 24 (post-haste), Init 14

Using his power and heritage to avoid being clobbered into the earth by the attack, Harpist spits and then attempts to concentrate on his next attack.

Maximized Sickening Cone.
[Concentration check 11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1440013) (Fail)], get a free AoO on him.
If Harpist passes the concentration check on that, Giants take 48 damage (Ref DC 24 half), and must make a DC 21 Fort save or be sickened for 1 minute.
I doubt it, though.

Bronz
2007-12-21, 06:24 PM
Again, quicker than the giants can ever hope to react, the party o' death springs into action. Pel darts forward and literally rips a hole into the leader, digging his rapier in deep and driving the shadows within to cover his eyes, which seemingly blind this towering giant. El's spell finally comes to completion, and his pets of Ertoth skeleton and a newly formed bone devil rip into the two flanking giants. El also calls on the power of cold to freeze in place one of these giants, and he very nearly succeeds as that giant seems to start to try and warm his hands, his extreme body heat no longer enough to keep him warm. Wil casts another spell, further exacerbating the speed difference of the party and the giants, and the Harpist merely stands in place, defiant.

The giants do try to attack back, each taking a swing at their closest assailants.

[roll0] Attacking Pel
[roll1]


[roll2] Attacking Ertoth (Actually giant 1)
[roll3]


[roll4] Attacking Bone Devil (ACtually giant 2)
[roll5]

Bitzeralisis
2007-12-21, 06:34 PM
Wilarmis
Initiative: 21
Hit Points: 52/52
AC: 22, Touch 19, FF 16
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +10, Will +8

"Hello!?" shouts Wilarmis, the vagueness on his face replaced by complete annoyance (fake annoyance, of course.) He points to the giants in general. "You're being insanely rude right now! So die!"

Wilarmis casts Greater Invisibility on Pelemaeus.

"I meant die in an indirect way, but you get the point."

Wilarmis draws his longbow.

Raistlin1040
2007-12-21, 06:40 PM
The newly hasted Ertoth Skeleton full attacks the giant he's been attacking.


[roll1]
[roll]1d20+13

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

The Bone Devil (Not hastened) continues attacking against his foe.

Bite [roll5] [roll6]
2 Claws [roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10]
Sting [roll11] [roll12] (Fort Save 20)

Elzaon (Hastened) draws his bow. Smirking, he attacks the leader giant with an arrow.

[roll13] [roll14]

Neftren
2007-12-21, 06:55 PM
Pelemaeus

After hearing Wil's trademark line, Pelemaeus instantly felt the urge to wait for something... moment's later he knew why. Suddenly, Pelemaeus rippled and vanished from view. A hailstorm of cuts began to appear as if from nowhere. The relentless flurry continued on...

Switching to the Assassin's Stance. Using Avalanche of Blades.

[roll0] to Hit + [roll1] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)
[roll2] to Hit + [roll3] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)
[roll4] to Hit + [roll5] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)
[roll6] to Hit + [roll7] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)
[roll8] to Hit + [roll9] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)
[roll10] to Hit + [roll11] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)
[roll12] to Hit + [roll13] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)

Edit: All against Flat Footed AC. Tell me if you need more rolls.

The_Chilli_God
2007-12-21, 09:52 PM
Harpist
Hp 78/78, AC 23, Init 14

The Harpist, not exactly liking the danger that he is in, steps back and tries something just a bit more normal this time, while harboring a secret wish that he wasn't continuously fighting stuff four times his size.

Sickening Cone, regular. Harpist doesn't know where Pel is so he can strategically position this blast, so here's hoping that guy has Evasion and a wicked reflex mod. :smallredface:
[Concentration check 20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1440235) - Pass]
[24 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1440238)], Reflex DC 24 for half, plus sickening effect as above.

Bronz
2008-01-07, 11:28 PM
The giants feebly try to get out of the way, but the next few seconds would just about be their last. The Ertoth skeleton and the Bone Devil flay their victims, ripping flesh from bone and even some beard along with it, while Pel has his own dance of death that no one can see. After all that, the Harpist finally comes through and makes the place glow a sickly purple color, the after effect of a huge blast of eldritch energy taking everything out that it touches.

The leader and one on the side fall down with a a large *thud*, while the third stands motionless and dazed from the pain. At that point, the odd looking giant child comes running from the back, with a female right behind. He wields a large great sword, has a very fine chain shirt on, and looks quite angered at the group. From this vantage point, you can clearly see the visible signs: sharp fangs, pseudo scaly skin, claws, and when he gets up close you can even see a pair of folded bat wings behind him, almost invisible.

He may seem to be a child, but as a fire giant child he still stands a full 2' above the rest of the party.

*What have you done?! You all shall pay for this, and pay for this dearly!*

Neftren
2008-01-08, 12:06 PM
Pelemaeus
HP: 98/98, AC 35, Init 30, Greater Invisibility

Still completely invisible, the shadowy blur advances upon the new arrival. Dealing one swift strike, Pelemaeus stabs upward with all his might.

Okay, I'll use Death in the Dark now. So it's a melee attack against the giant's Flat Footed AC.

[roll0] to Hit for [roll1] Damage
He must make a DC 20 Fortitude Save or else take 15d6 Damage. If he makes his save, he takes 5d6 damage instead.

[roll2]

Bronz
2008-01-08, 12:16 PM
As Pel steps up to the half-giant, half-dragon, knowing full well he is invisible, the monstrosity in front of him somehow senses his movement and apparently is able to take advantage of Pel's movement. He steps just to the left and takes a mighty blow, aimed at Pel's head. He misses the head, but takes a good crack out of Pel's shoulder as the giant blade he wields glows a dark purple at the moment of impact.


AoO

[roll0]
[roll1] as well as [roll2]


Info

Rest of the groups actions is needed, and then I'll insert the newcomer for this next round

Bitzeralisis
2008-01-08, 10:44 PM
Wilarmis
Initiative: 21
Hit Points: 52/52
AC: 22, Touch 19, FF 16
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +10, Will +8

Wilarmis absentmindedly throws a Web (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/web.htm) at the dragon-giant (Reflex DC 21) while studying his new opponent.

Bronz
2008-01-10, 08:49 AM
The web engulfs the older giant, the dragon-giant, and Pel in it's gigantic 40' burst. It also seals off the rest of the cave from immediate access.


[roll0]
[roll1]

Pel needs to make a roll as well.

Neftren
2008-01-10, 10:33 AM
[roll0]
I believe the save is almost guaranteed... :D

The_Chilli_God
2008-01-10, 01:30 PM
Harpist
Hp 59/78, AC 23, Init 14

Harpist calmly walks up to one of the fire giants that fell over (preferably the one that had hurt him earlier), and checks to see if it is truly dead.
If it is, then he will play a short dirge on his harp, a wrenchingly sad tune that attempts to enchain the life force of the giant to its own body without the soul.
If it isn't, then he'll play a different tune on the harp, a more destructive tune.

If the fire giant is dead, invoke The Dead Walk, raising it as a skeleton. The skeleton will last for 13 minutes since he didn't use any material components.
If the fire giant is still alive, invoke Sickening Chain on it to also hit the half-dragon if it's close enough.

[Eldritch Blast: To hit 19 & 16 touch; 32 damage to 'dead' giant, 16 damage to half-dragon. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1458029/)]
Plus the usual DC 21 fort save or be sickened.

Raistlin1040
2008-01-11, 06:28 PM
The Bone Devil and Ertoth's skeleton move next to Elzaon, who full attacks the dragon-giant with his bow. Due to him being hasted, it's a very formidable volley.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Bronz
2008-01-11, 06:44 PM
The web fills part of the corridor and most of the area beyond, sticking this red scaled fire giant where he is. The other giant, the latecomer, receives arrows to the face as a thank you for not getting involved earlier, and ends up eating web, getting stuck in it as he falls over, seemingly dead.

The child giant then seems to have had enough, as he goes into a murderous rage, his face becoming a mask of pure hatred and determination, with smoke actually coming out of his nose.

Why have you done this? What have you to do with US? As he says these words, he lets loose a fiery breath that engulfs everything that is in front of it in a giant cone, including the web.


The half-giant breathes a cone of fire 30' out, essentially eliminating the front side web.

The new giant skeleton, the harpist, and Pel need reflex saves.

[roll0]

Raistlin1040
2008-01-11, 06:57 PM
Elzaon's face is a mask of stone cold determination and logic.

Listen kid. You have no hope of beating us. That's not me trying to break you down, or build myself up. It's the truth. We're adventurers, and good ones at that. I'm a powerful cleric of Nerull, and my friends are powerful wizards, bards, and fighters. Together, we're pretty tough to beat. I'd wager we've killed more creatures than years you've been alive.

Now, you can ignore what I'm saying, or you can listen up. We've killed some of your tribe members, including your chief. He's next to me, the skeleton in case you haven't noticed. But don't worry. While my companions might be a bit more bloodthirsty than I am, we all have the same goal. You aren't our target, at least, I don't think so. You're too old. Our mission is to bring back a pregnant woman of your tribe to our employer. Alive. We'll leave you and your tribe alone, and if you supply us with the diamonds or gold neccessary, I'll even ressurect one or two of the giants we've killed.

So you have a choice to make. Surrender, and allow us to take the woman with us, and we will leave you alone, and won't harm any more of you. As I said, we'll even ressurect a few of those we killed and I'll personally heal any of your wounded. Or, you can keep fighting, and we will kill you, and every one of your tribe that gets in our way. And while the one we seek will return to our employer alive, I can't guarantee she's arive unharmed.

The members of the party may realize that his normal demeanor is gone, having been replaced by his "demon" persona.

Bitzeralisis
2008-01-11, 07:07 PM
Wilarmis

Wilarmis processes what Elzaon has just said. Thoughts rage through his mind. His brain works at its highest capacity to think of a follow-up. Slowly, words form on his lips:

"Yeah, what he said."

So much for all that suspense. :smalltongue:

[Actions will come later if necessary.]

Bronz
2008-01-11, 10:51 PM
With a fury the complete opposite of the dark elf's cool demeanor, the "child" shouts back.

*That may be true, whoever you are. You may slay all those here, or even me, but you will not slay my Father, and you will not have either of the two pregnant in this tribe. Especially not my mother!*

He then flies into an impotent fury, swiping at what is left of the web around him. He does not aim for anyone, although Pel is standing right there. After that, he assumes what must be a defensive position for him.

Bitzeralisis
2008-01-11, 11:55 PM
Wilarmis
Initiative: 21
Hit Points: 52/52
AC: 22, Touch 19, FF 16
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +10, Will +8

Still using his fake slow-thought and vague face, Wilarmis puts a Telepathic Bond over the party. He tumbles the dragon-giant's words around in his mind for a while, building up his rage and cold hated before spitting the phrase: "Ugh. Lagumeplanthey Nekaltha'las Uraginemos'il Blasparemi. I just hate that!" Vagueness broken and slow-thought gone, Wilarmis gets angry just at the remark of the kid's devotion to his parents. "My parents were killed by the dragons who they thought were protecting them. I trust not many, especially not a freakin' DRAGON!"

Stupid kid! I hate kids! Do everything you can to lower his defenses, and he shall feel the power of my Enervation!

Wilarmis twitches angrily.

Neftren
2008-01-12, 09:13 AM
Reflex again: [roll0]

Raistlin1040
2008-01-12, 11:33 AM
Ertoth's skeleton and the Bone Devil move into position to attack the child and attack him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Bite [roll2]
[roll3]

Elzaon full attacks with his bow again, raining a volley down upon the child.

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Neftren
2008-01-13, 10:45 AM
Pelemaeus

Pelemaeus strikes yet again from the shadows, this time aided by the giant skeletons.

I'll use Shadow Noose. Make a ranged touch attack against the flat footed opponent so... [roll0] to hit. If and when it hits, it deals [roll1] damage and if the half-dragon giant fails a DC 19 Fort Save, it's stunned for a round. Successful save negates stun, but not damage. Oh and if I get Sneak Attack for that, [roll2].

The_Chilli_God
2008-01-13, 01:39 PM
Harpist
Hp 34/78, AC 23, Init 14 (Skelly: Hp 72/87, AC 18, Init 14)

Recoiling from the firey blast that burnt him and his new pet, Harpist grits his teeth.
"For your insolence, boy, we should let you live so that you will see your tribe decimated, your father slaughtered, and your mother whisked away to never bee seen again."

The fire giant skeleton that he raised charges at the half-dragon (if there's enough space available to have him) and uses its greatsword against what used to be its own brethren.
Harpist accommodates this with a chord from his harp, one most deadly.

Skelly charges with greatsword at the half-dragon.
Harpist uses a Sickening Blast at the half-dragon.

[Skelly: to hit 20, 28 damage.
Eldritch Blast: 16 touch to hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1460477/) (Better make that 12 when counting melee interruption), 25 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1460477/)]
Plus the DC 21 fort save of be sickened for 1 minute.

Bronz
2008-01-22, 02:47 PM
The Half-Dragon, Half-Giant "boy" gets clubbed by the former Chieftain, as well as bitten by the bone devil. As he easily shakes these off, a rain of arrows flows from El's bow, whistling in the air as they dig into his chest. Roaring from pain and rage, the boy seems to easily dodge Pel's attempt at his strangulation, easily "seeing" him though he is invisible. The Harpist then tries to pelt the boy with eldritch energy, just barely missing wide. The new giant skeleton attempts to join the fray, but is limited by space. It still attempts to clambor over the Ertoth skeleton, trying to get to its prey.

The half-giant then roars again. "Enough of this! I, Sisilax, will have your heads before my father can do anything about it! RAWWWWWWRRRRRR!"

He then turns to the bone devil, and attempts to cleave it in two.


Sorry for the extended wait on update. Finding a time when I can post to coincide with the servers behaving has been hard lately.

The boy giant is attacking the bone-devil with his huge greatsword.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

New round of actions.

Raistlin1040
2008-01-22, 09:03 PM
Accept your death!

Elzaon shoots four more arrows at the child.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Into ass-kicking position, Ertoth and the Bone Devil full-attack as well.

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Bite [roll14] [roll15]
2 Claws [roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19]
Sting [roll20] [roll21] (Fort Save 20)

Bitzeralisis
2008-01-22, 09:22 PM
Wilarmis
Initiative: 21
Hit Points: 52/52
AC: 22, Touch 19, FF 16
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +10, Will +8

Wilarmis, now completely out of ideas, just draws his Wand of Magic Missile and fires some unerringly accurate bolts of force for pure, raw damage.

[roll0]

Neftren
2008-02-12, 08:51 AM
Pelemaeus

Utterly stumped, he just attacks.

Full attacking.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

The_Chilli_God
2008-02-12, 02:00 PM
I forgot. Nobody reminded me. Gah! >.<

Harpist
Hp 34/78, AC 23, Init 14 (Skelly: Hp 72/87, AC 18, Init 14)

As the skeleton that Harpist created mindlessly focuses on crushing its designated enemy, Harpist attempts once again to play that one perfect chord of death.

Sickening blast again.
[32 to hit (28 counting melee), 28 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1490710/)]
Plus DC 21 fort save or sickened for 1 minute.
Skelly will attempt a five foot step if necessary and able, and a full attack with its greatsword.
[Attack 1: 20 to hit, 27 damage.
Attack 2: 17 to hit, 30 damage. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1490712/)]